Page 531 of 615 FirstFirst ... 31431481521526529530531532533536541581 ... LastLast
Results 10,601 to 10,620 of 12291

Thread: Fate/Stay Night [Realta Nua] PC version Mirror Moon TL insertion project

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    Thanks, I will give it a shot. Till today, I never knew anything about HF besides Sakura, Zouken, Hassan and Alter XD.

Resident straight-male kuutsundere NM64's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Clerish View Post
    I'll add it to the guide.
    While we're talking about possible modifications to the guide, it should be noted that the spoilers in the HF OPs really aren't that spoilery. Consider that I was spoiled on Dark Sakura being a thing but that basically told me nothing really about it. In fact the viewer of the OP would not even heard the term "dark sakura", they would just see it and be like "wat".

Consider older games like those from the 90s, back when spoilers weren't such a thing - there were cases where you'd have a map of the entire world, but that was it. There was nothing that actually told you anything about what these locations were on this map, thereby peaking the user's curiosity and wonder and letting their mind run wild with regards to what those things may in fact be and hold, which then can actually lead to greater surprise once the user finds out the truth, especially if the user believes they already know everything there is to know...and then finds out there's more.

As someone that grew up with games from the 90s, I feel that today's spoiler-free environment has forgotten the concept of peaking the user's interest via a tiny tease of what is in store without actually giving any details. Consider the original Pokemon game(s) - everyone knew you had to get all 8 badges, but you didn't know who or what the Gym Leaders specialized in until you got there. The Elite Four used the same concept, but took it even farther - you knew there was four (except, well, you know), but you didn't know anything about the specific trainer until you were locked in the room with them...but even then you still don't know exactly what Pokemon they used, and even once you knew that, you didn't know what attacks they had! And then once you knew that, you possibly still didn't know about all the health recovery items they'd be using!

In other words, Pokemon was great of giving little bits of information to the player one at a time - something that today's spoiler-free environment sometimes forgets; I personally feel it is less effective to dump the entire "spoiler" at once than to feed it to the user bit by bit (digital data pun).
    Last edited by NM64; September 20th, 2015 at 03:48 PM.
    HELP WANTED - Contact me if you know the original source of this song:

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nintendo Maniac 64 View Post
    Consider older games like those from the 90s, back when spoilers weren't such a thing - there were cases where you'd have a map of the entire world, but that was it. There was nothing that actually told you anything about what these locations were on this map, thereby peaking the user's curiosity and wonder and letting their mind run wild with regards to what those things may in fact be and hold, which then can actually lead to greater surprise once the user finds out the truth, especially if the user believes they already know everything there is to know...and then finds out there's more.

As someone that grew up with games from the 90s, I feel that today's spoiler-free environment has forgotten the concept of peaking the user's interest via a tiny tease of what is in store without actually giving any details. Consider the original Pokemon game(s) - everyone knew you had to get all 8 badges, but you didn't know who or what the Gym Leaders specialized in until you got there. The Elite Four used the same concept, but took it even farther - you knew there was four (except, well, you know), but you didn't know anything about the specific trainer until you were locked in the room with them...but even then you still don't know exactly what Pokemon they used, and even once you knew that, you didn't know what attacks they had! And then once you knew that, you possibly still didn't know about all the health recovery items they'd be using!

In other words, Pokemon was great of giving little bits of information to the player one at a time - something that today's spoiler-free environment sometimes forgets; I personally feel it is less effective to dump the entire "spoiler" at once than to feed it to the user bit by bit (digital data pun).
    I can agree with this somewhat, sure.

While we're talking about possible modifications to the guide, it should be noted that the spoilers in the HF OPs really aren't that spoilery. Consider that I was spoiled on Dark Sakura being a thing but that basically told me nothing really about it. In fact the viewer of the OP would not even heard the term "dark sakura", they would just see it and be like "wat".
    This on the other hand, I can't agree with. The shadows coming from Sakura, Shirou with Archer's arm using you-know-what on Berserker (not that people that are new to it would know what it is, but still), Rin fighting those shadow giants, Illya in that dress, there are a ton of big spoilers in that video (note that I've only said things that we can already see in the video, which is why I haven't put them in spoilers in this thread). Most people will be watching that video after having played through Fate and UBW in the VN as well, which means the spoilers won't be all that vague anymore at all. It will be pretty easy for those people to understand the most important aspects of what is going on in those scenes. And so those things (all of which are important and major moments in the route) won't really come as a surprise in the same way once the reader gets to them in the game, and that makes those scenes somewhat less enjoyable. It certainly doesn't enrich them. Ergo, big spoilers. But you know, opinions.

"The world is just another word for the things you value around you, right? That's something I've had since I was born. If you tell me to rule such a world, I already rule it."

JP Friend Code
    459 813 697
    [...]
    I agree on your opinion about small spoilers: They're surely effective in catching your attention and hyping you about what's about to come, and I'll agree on Dark Sakura's presence not being very revealing in ufotable's op, but I don't agree on the actual spoilerous value of the ops, which in my opinion is too high because of these reasons:
    Spoiler:
    ufotable:
    -The fight between Rider and Saber Alter was enough for me not to recommend watching it. It spoilers both the fact that Rider survives after being beaten by Saber and the fact that Saber survives after being swallowed by Sakura and becomes an enemy. While some may have found these events predictable, I was annoyed at not being given the chance to find out by myself.
    -The presence of True Assassin, instead, was a good example of minor spoiler, as it really picked my curiosity while not revealing any details about himself or Zouken.

Deen:
    -Terrible. 10 seconds of pure spoilers, only to then show the same opening as the previous routes.
    -In addition to showing Rider fighting True Assassina and Saber Alter in detail, the scene with Dark Sakura crying spoilers the fact that she isn't unredeemable.

The examples you made about old school games showing some minor spoilers are well represented by the ufotable ops of the first two routes, and in some way by the other four openings too, but I can't excuse the HF openings. I believe the reason the original VN did not include an opening for HF is because its beauty lies in venturing into its mystery without any knowledge except the one provided by the previous two routes, which is broken piece by piece.
    Last edited by Clerish; September 20th, 2015 at 04:46 PM.
    TM backlog
    Completed
    - Fate/stay night [Realta Nua] (100% Completed)
    - Fate/Zero (Anime)
    - Tsukihime (100% Completed)
    - Tsukihime Plus-Disc
    - Kara no Kyoukai (Movies)

Ongoing
    - Kagetsu Tohya (Completed, working on 100%)
    - Fate/Grand Order
    - Melty Blood
    - Fate/Extra - Saber+Rin route completed (on hold)
    - Fate/unlimited codes - Currently at Gil's story (on hold)

Next
    - Fate/Zero (Light Novel)
    - Fate/stay night [UBW] (Anime)
    - Fate/hollow ataraxia

Future
    - KnK (LN)
    - Carnival Phantasm - Last of all (for maximum enjoyment)
    - F/E CCC - When it's translated

F/GO supports

More importantly, I just noticed that the guide in question does mentions something about LAVfilters being included in some sort of bundled download. I highly recommend not bundling LAVfilters because they are being constantly updated and instead just telling people to download the newest LAV installer from this webpage:
    https://github.com/Nevcairiel/LAVFilters/releases

JP Friend Code
    459 813 697
    More importantly, I just noticed that the guide in question does mentions something about LAVfilters being included in some sort of bundled download. I highly recommend not bundling LAVfilters because they are being constantly updated and instead just telling people to download the newest LAV installer from this webpage:
    https://github.com/Nevcairiel/LAVFilters/releases
    This was actually a guide I had made for a couple friends I shared the vn with, so I had bundled all the necessary components in a zip file for ease of usage.
    When adapting the guide for the pastebin to fit "general use" I tried to remove all the references to the bundled components, but it looks like I missed the filters.

Thanks for pointing that out.
    TM backlog
    Completed
    - Fate/Zero (Anime)
    - Tsukihime Plus-Disc

Ongoing
    - Fate/Grand Order
    - Melty Blood

Next
    - Fate/hollow ataraxia

Future
    - KnK (LN)

F/GO supports

Hello!

Someone told me that a patch named H-Mod should be included in this. is this person wrong, or does it come later on, as the ps vita ops do?

Quote Originally Posted by Cathen View Post
    Hello!

Someone told me that a patch named H-Mod should be included in this. is this person wrong, or does it come later on, as the ps vita ops do?
    Name:  mods.jpg
Views: 362
Size:  15.2 KB

It should come in the same patch as the translation, could be wrong since its been a while.

Blog Entries
    So... an update since I'm getting pretty bored working on the merge - like seriously, there are way too many changes between Jack and Koto's versions. Funny thing is I still find mistakes in both scripts and fix them. You'd think this game had so many revisions done already that it would be bulletproof. Oh well. As for the update:
    Spoiler:

There are 3 (or 5, depending on how specific you get) things you should be noticing. To make this interesting and the thread a bit more lively I'll have you point them out yourselves!

JP Friend Code
    459 813 697
    Quote Originally Posted by Quibi View Post
    So... an update since I'm getting pretty bored working on the merge - like seriously, there are way too many changes between Jack and Koto's versions. Funny thing is I still find mistakes in both scripts and fix them. You'd think this game had so many revisions done already that it would be bulletproof. Oh well. As for the update:
    [...]
    There are 3 (or 5, depending on how specific you get) things you should be noticing. To make this interesting and the thread a bit more lively I'll have you point them out yourselves!
    Sounds interesting. Let's see...

First thing I noticed is that I couldn't recognize the scene at all, so since I remember UBW and HF quite well I assume it's Fate.
    Looks like reading the vn again will do me well.

At first sight it's easy to notice the hd background and rendered font. I also noticed that the icon of the program has the KiriKiri logo.

Then I opened the vn to compare and noticed that the "end of page" indicator is different. Are you using a newer version of krkr?
    The last thing I noticed is the title on the top, which doesn't have -Fate- written on it. This means that the vn features the three routes in the same program
    TM backlog
    Completed
    - Fate/Zero (Anime)
    - Tsukihime Plus-Disc

Ongoing
    - Fate/Grand Order
    - Melty Blood

Next
    - Fate/hollow ataraxia

Future
    - KnK (LN)

F/GO supports

Sounds interesting. Let's see...

First thing I noticed is that I couldn't recognize the scene at all, so since I remember UBW and HF quite well I assume it's Fate.
    Looks like reading the vn again will do me well.
    No, that scene is when Sakura, Shirou, and Tohsaka are going to school together, so it's the route where Tohsaka is staying at Shirou's house, which I assume means its UBW. I remember the scene but don't remember the route exactly.
    I shut my eyes in order to see~

Blog Entries
    It's Fate actually. Day 5. Nice findings! Not what I thought you'll find (except end-of-page) but that goes as well. The end-of-page indicator is from the mobile version. Took me a while to get it working :P
    I'm still not sure how to get the mobile message window displaying correctly but I'm working on it.

There's some more stuff to figure out... it's not easy, but I'll give you a couple of days to try.

Blog Entries
    At first sight it's easy to notice the hd background and rendered font.
    It is huh? I can't really spot the difference even when looking at it right now after reading your post. ┐( ̄ー ̄)┌ Don't know if that's because I'm looking at it on a small, standard monitor, or if it's because I have no eye for details, or both.

I also noticed that the icon of the program has the KiriKiri logo.
    I noticed this as well. Or rather, I noticed the logo, but didn't know what it was until I read your post.

Then I opened the vn to compare and noticed that the "end of page" indicator is different.
    I didn't notice this until I read your post. Tbh, I like the original indicator quite a lot more than this new one. The old one was more subtle and unobtrusive.

The last thing I noticed is the title on the top, which doesn't have -Fate- written on it. This means that the vn features the three routes in the same program
    I noticed this. This is good news! ^^

The only other thing I noticed is the fact that the window is now orange for some reason. I don't really like that, it's kinda ugly. Orange isn't exactly my favourite colour. I would be fine with a plain old grey one, but if we're going to have a colour for it, then I think blue or red would be the best option. Obviously this is very subjective...But seriously, why orange of all things? :-/

"The world is just another word for the things you value around you, right? That's something I've had since I was born. If you tell me to rule such a world, I already rule it."

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post
    Did anyone using Win8 able to run the FSN (patch or vanilla) just fine? Many apps I had doesn't work properly in Win8, I don't want to waste my time for a game that I can't play.
    I swear there was some joke review of Win8 about how it can let you view multiple VNs at once without causing too much memory drain. Reason why I remember it was that F/SN was one of the VNs shown in that silly multitab/pan thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    Then I will ask that you pay closer attention
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    So if I'm reading this right DP is saying that the feature almost everybody hates that is bad and makes the forum objectively worse will never go away because that would negatively impact another feature that nobody has ever used and most likely never will use just in case someday, someone wants to use it. Is that right?
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    It's like if someone told me "make me a milkshake" and i was blind and they gave me the ingredients and I made a milkshake because milkshakes are good, but it turns out that milkshake was a bomb.

JP Friend Code
    459 813 697
    Quote Originally Posted by Rokudaime View Post
    It is huh? I can't really spot the difference even when looking at it right now after reading your post. ┐( ̄ー ̄)┌ Don't know if that's because I'm looking at it on a small, standard monitor, or if it's because I have no eye for details, or both.
    Well, although my monitor is not big at 13", it is a FHD monitor, and I've always noticed the lack of definition in the usual backgrounds.

I didn't notice this until I read your post. Tbh, I like the original indicator quite a lot more than this new one. The old one was more subtle and unobtrusive.
    I prefer the old one too, actually. Not only that, the ideal for me would be having completely static indicators, since a square and an arrow are already different enough to be easily distinguishable.
    Time to implement yet another switch?

The only other thing I noticed is the fact that the window is now orange for some reason. I don't really like that, it's kinda ugly. Orange isn't exactly my favourite colour. I would be fine with a plain old grey one, but if we're going to have a colour for it, then I think blue or red would be the best option. Obviously this is very subjective...But seriously, why orange of all things? :-/
    Oh, that's because he has Win8, which (like Win7) allows you to set the window border color as you prefer. You can even set it to change according to your desktop background's prevalent color, which, in my case of using the program Bing Desktop to have a new background set every day, is pretty cool.
    Coincidentally, my window color today is almost the same:
    Spoiler:

(Small easter egg in the pic)
    TM backlog
    Completed
    - Fate/Zero (Anime)
    - Tsukihime Plus-Disc

Ongoing
    - Fate/Grand Order
    - Melty Blood

Next
    - Fate/hollow ataraxia

Future
    - KnK (LN)

F/GO supports

Blog Entries
    Actually Rokudaime you're right about the quality - it's better but not HD, rather HQ (1.6 the original size). Dunno what Clerish mean by rendered font...?
    The orange is just my window theme... it has nothing to do with VN (glad you like it though :P). The kirikiri logo is because I use kirikiriz. For release this will of course change to saber... or rin? or sakura?
    We're not there yet though.

I believe I already said that all routes in a single VN was already done? Did I forget to mention that? This was actually pretty easy, aside one particular challenge which I'll reveal at a later date.

The end-of-page and future mobile message window will of course be optional. I think I'll borrow HA's window choosing config for that.

Still things to find out! Looking at the original image posted by Clerish should help quite a bit.

Uhm... the annoying gray inner 3d border is gone in Quibi's vs. Clerish's screenshot. Kirikiriz feature?

Is another change that the quotation marks are turned into start and end quotes?

it's better but not HD, rather HQ (1.6 the original size)
    Seeing how anything that is at least 1280x720 is considered "HD", you'd be hard-pressed to argue that 1280x960 is not HD.

Also, I thought it was implied, but the character sprites are also HD.

...and do I really have to mention the "Debug" menu? I mean it's not in stock RN PC, but I think the flowchart patch added it.

Dunno what Clerish mean by rendered font...?
    Well it's smaller, but the alignment of said text in the text box was not adjusted accordingly. In fact, you moved the text up from the default position. Are you trying to leave the entire bottom half of the text box empty or something? At that point, isn't it a bit silly to even have a full-screen text box? You might as well put it at the bottom of the screen in that case.

EDIT: Wait... or did you instead shrink the text box vertically (but not horizontally) rather than move the text up? Doesn't that still leave a good amount of blank space at the bottom of the text box though?
    Last edited by NM64; September 28th, 2015 at 02:26 AM.

Oh wait, another one. Sakura's sprite is a few pixels more to the right relative to the background in Quibi's screenshot.