Page 583 of 584 FirstFirst ... 83483533573578581582583584 LastLast
Results 11,641 to 11,660 of 11662

Thread: Fate/Stay Night [Realta Nua] PC version Mirror Moon TL insertion project

Sandalphon's worst nightmare AstralSword's Avatar
    Good evening, everyone!

I kind of went MIA for a few years now, but here I am.

Could someone be kind enough to tell me if the link in the very first post has the latest version possible for this patch?

I thank you deeply for all your trouble.

Hi,

2 questions, well sorta 3. Since I use this patch and know very little about mods with this etc,

1. Is there a mod/patch compatible to restore the original 2004 openings? I love the original openings and can't stand the PSVita or PS2 openings.

2. Is there a mod/patch compatible to make the text higher res in fullscreen mode? The blurriness triggers my eyes, playing windowed kills the immersion.

One final thing, sort of off topic to this thread but... What is this fuwanovel version I've heard of? I understand it uses the original version, but is the translation as accurate? Uncensored, original openings, PS2 Realta Nua track additions? Better text reso(haha, doubt it)? Sorry if this question is somehow a violation or something, remove this part I suppose if there is a problem. Years ago(2 or more I think), my friend had a version that used 1 exe and started with cherry blossoms, could start wth any route and get the proper ending, uncensored, apparently no text blur on fullscreen, Realta Nua PS2 tracks, OG opening ofc... Clearly this didn't use Realta Nua. I was wondering if the Fuwanovel is the version he probably used, since after some research it appears to lead me there... He sadly remembers nothing about the version/patch he used.
    Last edited by Anon426; May 12th, 2018 at 05:38 AM.

Blog Entries
    @Astral - yes.
    @Anon426:

1. I think the original movies are included in the movie menu... not sure about that though.
    2. Nope sorry.
    3. fuwa version is the old version before the realta nua. It was a single exe yes, but it's pretty much inferior in every way to the realta nua version. I highly doubt there was no text blur in that version.

I am, however, am working on a HD version of the game, where you will be able to choose what openings you want playing in the game, the text will be much sharper in full screen, and also wide screen support.
    It won't be released for a while but here's a preview I posted before:
    https://streamable.com/pqhr7

Quote Originally Posted by Quibi View Post
    I am, however, am working on a HD version of the game, where you will be able to choose what openings you want playing in the game, the text will be much sharper in full screen, and also wide screen support.
    Nice.

1. I think the original movies are included in the movie menu... not sure about that though.
    I believe so, although only to view you can't select them as the openings.

fuwa version is the old version before the realta nua. It was a single exe yes, but it's pretty much inferior in every way to the realta nua version.
    Well only the accuracy of the translation really matters in this case with me I guess, I've heard they use the same mirror moon translation? The version of the OG VN my friend had though, I'm specifically interested in what that was... Seems it could only be the Fuwanovel version so far, I wish he could remember any details to where he found it/What it was... Sadly he cannot... Hopefully someone here may know the version or can confirm it's the Fuwanovel.
    Last edited by Anon426; May 12th, 2018 at 06:08 AM.

Blog Entries
    The reala nua version also uses MM translation(with more corrections actually).
    The realta nua changed some text but you have a "textual content" option to switch between text modes in RN so it's still better :3

Sandalphon's worst nightmare AstralSword's Avatar
    @Astral - yes.
    Thank you. I will also use this post to thank everyone else that spent their personal time on this project. We readers should at least give you all our proper thanks.

I kind of want to re-read it anyway, so I better do it with style haha

I can't exactely draw on a tablet or anything, but background editing is possible. I am in Fuwanovel and subscribed to take a few jobs in translation projects, so please let me know if you need any help with those image editings.

Blog Entries
    Quibi, I'm sorry, I ignored it the first time, but you did it in two posts in a row, so my inner ocd grammar nazi can't let it go: "the realta nua version" is fine, and just "realta nua" is also fine, but please stop saying just "the realta nua". That's not a thing.

"The world is just another word for the things you value around you, right? That's something I've had since I was born. If you tell me to rule such a world, I already rule it."

I found the version my friend had that I spoke of, it's the erogedownload ver and it's exactly as he said, he confirmed it was the right one too after looking at it. I prefer it over the realta nua ver by a lot, so imma stick with it for now.

Resident straight-male kuutsundere Nintendo Maniac 64's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rokudaime View Post
    "the realta nua version" is fine, and just "realta nua" is also fine, but please stop saying just "the realta nua". That's not a thing.
    Maybe Quibi is the son of Mika Hakkinen?

Quote Originally Posted by Anon426 View Post
    I prefer [the erogedownload version] over the realta nua ver by a lot
    May I ask why?

AFAIK the erogedownload version is pretty much the same as the FuwaNovel version, though the erogedownload version may completely lack even the original "Realta Nua patch" made for 2004 F/sn. This means you would be missing out on Last Episode as well as several extra songs and CGs and the like (which I found to make the biggest impact in Heaven's Feel; the final battle in particular felt nowhere near as impactful without the Realta Nua content).
    Beast Lair's resident straight-male kuutsundere
    (because just "tsundere" makes people think of "Shana clones" *shivers*)

Fate/stay night-related extended music loops @ my YouTube channel:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/nintendomaniac64

I'm having a problem trying to save in kirikiroid2.
    Whenever I try to save or load this appear: https://i.imgur.com/KqPFr7d.jpg

I'm using Override2.tjs and patch.tjs from the FHA patch and used the Conv/Dec XP3 option in kirikiroid2.

Sorry if I posted this on the wrong thread.

Blog Entries
    The HA patch isn't compatible with RN. Try this thread on reddit:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/fatestaynig...n_for_android/

I discovered that if I delete the save that I made I can save again, but this appears:
    https://imgur.com/a/ok7UEZR

And if I try to load or save after this the same problem of my last post will happen.

Blog Entries
    There's a different android patch linked in said thread, with different files.

Quote Originally Posted by Nintendo Maniac 64 View Post
    May I ask why?
    Extremely minor preferences such as the original openings I can put aside. My main reason for preferring the version on Erogedownload is because it's a lot nicer on my eyes + the best all in one package of the original VN I've seen so far.

The Realta Nua version full screen is capped at a certain resolution that doesn't at all match well with my computer's screen, so the text comes out looking blurred and it irritates my eyes. You could argue both are annoying but I prefer the original,

RN:

https://s15.postimg.cc/amlmgsneh/RN1.png

Original appears to stretch this size to fit my whole screen:

https://s15.postimg.cc/q9hh810vv/Original.png

Which comes out looking like this basically:

https://s15.postimg.cc/x17wal7s9/Original_Edit.png

I'm sure seeing my insanely incorrect stretched resolution brings you great pain, I know, I'm sorry... My eyes just get too irritated by the RN version.
    Last edited by Anon426; June 22nd, 2018 at 03:00 PM.

Blog Entries
    That's very weird... but wth is that resolution? what device are you playing on?

That's very weird... but wth is that resolution? what device are you playing on?
    This is my laptop's actual monitor screen resolution/size 1366x768.

Quibi, that Postimage image hosting site is pretty broken if you use any sort of ad blocking. You need to load the original image by first clicking to zoom (and then maybe right-click and open the image in a new tab to see it better even then) to see the image without tons of distortion. The resolution is really fairly typical if you're seeing the images normally.

Blog Entries
    Oooh thanks, I saw something horribly wrong lol. I thought he was playing in a stretched portrait mode which was weird af.
    So it's just that you want to play widescreen and the original game stretches the window while RN doesn't.
    I think there are workarounds you can make to force that kind of resolution...

Oooh thanks, I saw something horribly wrong lol. I thought he was playing in a stretched portrait mode which was weird af.
    Ah, I see what you were seeing now. One of the many reasons I've used postimg over the years was for the direct linking to the image, a shame it's now become somewhat inconvenient.

So it's just that you want to play widescreen and the original game stretches the window while RN doesn't. I think there are workarounds you can make to force that kind of resolution...
    I did try some methods, such as a program that can change resolutions etc, broke the ui/hud and the screen was completely out of place.
    Last edited by Anon426; June 23rd, 2018 at 06:12 PM.

Resident straight-male kuutsundere Nintendo Maniac 64's Avatar
    It may be worth mentioning that the elusive "merge" project should provide native widescreen support and perfectly crisp high resolution text, but I digress...

Quote Originally Posted by Anon426 View Post
    I did try some methods, such as a program that can change resolutions etc, broke the ui/hud and the screen was completely out of place.
    Over a year ago I actually went into depth about this very thing.

The original 2004 VN, when running in fullscreen, will always change your desktop resolution to 800x600 no matter what (unless your desktop resolution was running at 640x480 when you launched the VN, in which case it will continue running at 640x480 and downscale to that resolution).

For PC-download Realta Nua (will be abbreviated as "PC-DL RN"), it will have different fullscreen behavior depending on what resolution your desktop was running at when you launched the VN in fullscreen - if your desktop resolution was running at a 4:3 aspect ratio (and only 4:3; 5:4 won't cut it), then running the VN in fullscreen will result in it changing your desktop resolution to 800x600 (again, unless you were running at 640x480 in which case the VN will continue to run at 640x480).

If your desktop resolution was of an aspect ratio of anything other than 4:3, then it will instead retain your current desktop resolution and upscale (via blurry methods) within the VN engine itself to full a 4:3 ratio image on your current display and add black bars as necessary to achieve that. However, for whatever reason, on some PC configurations, this in-engine upscaling can result in a completely broken UI or the like similar to what you've described.

So the actual solution to all this is very simple - simply set your desktop resolution to something with a 4:3 aspect ratio such 1024x768 or 800x600 (not 1280x1024 - that's 5:4), go launch PC-DL RN in fullscreen, and presto - PC-DL RN will now instead be upscaled by your GPU/display and will completely bypass the VN engine's own internal scaling, giving visual results that should be identical to the 2004 VN.

If you don't want to manually change your desktop resolution before/after launching the VN, then a basic program like reso.exe can automate the process - just select a resolution of 800x600, browse for the according PC-DL RN .exe file, click "create shortcut", and then in the future run the VN from that shortcut. Then when you launch the VN from that shortcut, it'll not only automatically change your resolution to 800x600, but it'll set it back to whatever you previously were running at once you close the VN.

Now to clarify, the image being stretched over your entire screen actually has nothing to do with that specific resolution of 800x600, rather it's down to a setting in your graphics control panel that specifies how to treat resolutions that are less than your display's native resolution (there are usually three options - scale & stretch to cover the entire display, scale but add black bars in order to preserve the original aspect ratio, or don't scale at all and add black to all 4 sides as necessary).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Catarse View Post
    I'm having a problem trying to save in kirikiroid2.
    As a side note, I've always wanted to try running the 2004 VN (and maybe even PC-DL RN if it's compatible) in DosBox running Windows 98SE/ME on a fast Android device, but I never had the tools to do so...

I mean, such VNs don't exactly take much CPU grunt - I can run PC-DL RN without issue on first gen Intel Atom underclocked to 990MHz and originally read the 2004 VN on a 1.28GHz Athlon XP (which should also have similar IPC to a 1st gen Atom). I also recall reading a non-TypeMoon VN that was also released in 2004 and ran at 800x600 on a mere 700MHz Pentium 3 without any problems whatsoever.
    Last edited by Nintendo Maniac 64; June 24th, 2018 at 10:21 PM.
    Beast Lair's resident straight-male kuutsundere
    (because just "tsundere" makes people think of "Shana clones" *shivers*)

Fate/stay night-related extended music loops @ my YouTube channel:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/nintendomaniac64