Page 5 of 615 FirstFirst ... 34567101555105505 ... LastLast

Thread: Fate/Stay Night [Realta Nua] PC version Mirror Moon TL insertion project

Well locale probably isn't the issue. The issue is probably just that video patches are the most difficult to work with and the most prone to not working properly. I never mentioned it, but it was a total hassle making a patch that worked for me............though that does give me an idea for a possible fix. From what I can tell, everyone who reported the issue is using Windows 7 or older, right? Or is there someone with Windows 8 who has upside down video?

Here's the MEGA link: https://mega.co.nz/#!JwAVSBiR!VYYxxE...fnDOgCXm7yq-MU

I'll put up the upside down version of the Op patch next.

Edit: here: https://mega.co.nz/#!09AAma5S!P5WeK2...CAyPX3PwFnPOo8
    Last edited by Jacktheinfinite101; October 17th, 2013 at 10:05 PM.

I'm using Windows 7. I said earlier that I can play the OP vids right side up using your first release of patches. I can do that by having my laptop run on Economy mode or my color scheme set to Win7 basic. I first found it by running on battery (I configured it such a way that when I run on battery, my system goes into Economy mode by TuneUp Utilities). I tried getting screenshots of the OP, and I get only this ( http://i.imgur.com/BDJDzkA.jpg ) while the vid is running right side up. I also tried recording the then-upside-down-now-right-side-up OP using Debut Video Capture (which sets my color scheme to Win7 Basic) and got this: http://i.imgur.com/EMvgFnc.jpg . I also noticed that while playing the OP vids when in Economy mode and Win7 Basic, aside from the blank screenshots, my mouse pointer is twice its normal size only when I point it at the playing video.

Now that I tried your Upside Down patch, everything now is in reverse. The vids now play right side up in Standard mode, but upside down in Economy and Win7 Basic.. And I still can't get screenshot when the system is in Economy and Win7 Basic.

In Standard, Economy or Win7 Basic, there are video lags but can't get record a video of them. I can only get screenshots in Standard mode.

Quote Originally Posted by emstein View Post
    I'm using Windows 7. I said earlier that I can play the OP vids right side up using your first release of patches. I can do that by having my laptop run on Economy mode or my color scheme set to Win7 basic. I first found it by running on battery (I configured it such a way that when I run on battery, my system goes into Economy mode by TuneUp Utilities). I tried getting screenshots of the OP, and I get only this ( http://i.imgur.com/BDJDzkA.jpg ) while the vid is running right side up. I also tried recording the then-upside-down-now-right-side-up OP using Debut Video Capture (which sets my color scheme to Win7 Basic) and got this: http://i.imgur.com/EMvgFnc.jpg . I also noticed that while playing the OP vids when in Economy mode and Win7 Basic, aside from the blank screenshots, my mouse pointer is twice its normal size only when I point it at the playing video.

Now that I tried your Upside Down patch, everything now is in reverse. The vids now play right side up in Standard mode, but upside down in Economy and Win7 Basic.. And I still can't get screenshot when the system is in Economy and Win7 Basic.

In Standard, Economy or Win7 Basic, there are video lags but can't get record a video of them. I can only get screenshots in Standard mode.
    What are you recording with?

I tried recording videos using Debut Video Capture software, and the get screenshots by standard prt sc button.

Edit: At first, I thought that simply running on battery is the key to play the OPs right side up, that's why I said 'my [system's] method of how to do so is funny and there were some problems (can't even take a screenshot of it)' and I remembered that TuneUP switches my system to Eco mode on battery.
    But then I tried running on battery but disabling Economy mode and it resulted to videos upside down (on your 1st patch) and right side up (using Upside Down patch).
    Last edited by emstein; October 17th, 2013 at 10:23 PM.

Try using Camtasia (trial is free), I've found that can record the video.

Ok, thanks. I'll try it later. I need to do something for now. I'll get back to you once I tried Camtasia..

I use Windows 8 pro. I'll test the openings for you. So far both Fate openings played fine, using the ones included in the original patch. They were lag free and right-side up. While the quality could be higher, it seemed perfectly acceptable to me. Although I did find out the hard way that the opening does not play if you're skipping. I'll test the other openings now, but I have a feeling they'll be fine.

Overall: Openings are a bit grainy, as the others have said. Not a really a big deal, as they're good enough. Also, I'm currently playing in English locale without applocale, and it runs fine. So maybe I have a miracle machine, or for some reason your patch is extremely compatible with Windows 8. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Last edited by PurplePudding; October 17th, 2013 at 11:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PurplePudding View Post
    I use Windows 8 pro. I'll test the openings for you. So far both Fate openings played fine, using the ones included in the original patch. They were lag free and right-side up. While the quality could be higher, it seemed perfectly acceptable to me. Although I did find out the hard way that the opening does not play or unlock in the extras menu if you're skipping. I'll test the other openings now, but I have a feeling they'll be fine.

Bang, and the now we know what the issue is.

See, the KiriKiri engine supports two types of video files: mpg and wmv. I make a lot of videos for YT (shameless plug) so I already have a bunch of video editing software and I used to always render my videos as .mpg files, however when I tried doing that for the OP patch, the engine wouldn't recognize the mpg files my programs rendered. With that in mind, I decided I'd try WMV files. Obviously I down-scaled the videos to match the resolution of the Op's that were originally there (hence why the quality isn't the best), and it worked..........but there was one problem. When I entered full-screen mode, the video wouldn't enlarge to fill out full screen, it'd stay the same size it would be in the windowed version. The way I solved this was convoluted. I discovered that if you try to play a 16:9 video in RN, it compresses it to 4:3, so my thought was, I'll stretch out the letterboxed 4:3 vid into a 16:9 version that will then be compressed back to 4:3 by the engine. Even that was a pain though. See my main editing software (Vegas Movie Studio) doesn't have the ability to stretch the video, so I had to use Avid Studio (which I fucking hate) to do it. I rendered a wmv of the stretched versions only to find that for some reason, the KiriKiri enginge doesn't recognize the wmv files if they're rendered by Avid, meaning I then had to take the the videos I had rendered in Avid and render them as wmv files in Vega AGAIN. Finally, after all that hoop jumping, it finally worked.

So you may be asking, "was there a point to that story?" The answer is yes. I use Windows 8, and since these are WMV files, it's not surprising that which version of Windows is being used will affect how WMV files are handled. I bet if I just render the videos as letter boxed 600x480 vids, they might work on Windows 7. When I have time, I'll work on it.
    Last edited by Jacktheinfinite101; October 17th, 2013 at 11:28 PM.

Sweet. Glad I could help

Also I got a rip of the game version of Arcadia, if you need that, as well as the original versions of the rest of the opening songs. I have a feeling you have these already, but I might as well ask.

Quote Originally Posted by PurplePudding View Post
    Sweet. Glad I could help

Also I got a rip of the game version of Arcadia, if you need that, as well as the original versions of the rest of the opening songs. I have a feeling you have these already, but I might as well ask.

Yep, I already have the game version Arcadia, but I don't need it because the Fate OP video I have is perfect already(due to being on the F/Z Blu Ray disc or something). Thanks for offering though.

basically what i think is going on is theres a problem converting between the file edited in windows 8 and windows 7, yet in basic color scheme they both use the same format, so theres no change. Therefore the upsidedown vidoes are exactly that, as run normally they are upside down and mirrored. If you are running windows 7, use the upsidedown and mirrored videos that were recently provided, if your on widows 8, you shouldnt need them (i tried windows 7, my friend uses 8, we used the same everything else)

- - - Updated - - -

well in the time it took me to submit this (internet derped) three posts happened, ignore me

Quote Originally Posted by dreamedfire View Post
    basically what i think is going on is theres a problem converting between the file edited in windows 8 and windows 7, yet in basic color scheme they both use the same format, so theres no change. Therefore the upsidedown vidoes are exactly that, as run normally they are upside down and mirrored. If you are running windows 7, use the upsidedown and mirrored videos that were recently provided, if your on widows 8, you shouldnt need them (i tried windows 7, my friend uses 8, we used the same everything else)

- - - Updated - - -

well in the time it took me to submit this (internet derped) three posts happened, ignore me
    I would leave it at that if it was just an issue of being upside down and mirrored, but since there's lag, I'll try making one that guneinely doesn't glitch. Fortunately my mother has a Win7 laptop and my Father has a Win Vista laptop so I can use those.

Also this:

i dont have lag with the most recent ones

That's good. Anyone else with Windows 7 have their lag fixed with the new release?

Ok, time to put the Mirror Moon TL into question. I won't say what line, but there is a certain line that bugs me, but now I'm wondeirng if MM TL'ed it badly. I put the original Japanese text into Google Translate (which is not to be trusted), and the result was strangely legible and seemed better than what MM put. With all that said, anyone who frequents this forum and speaks Japanese (I can name at least one), would you be willing to give me a TL of this line:

セイバーが俺を拒まないんなら[line4]俺はここで、
    セイバーと一緒にしたい」

should I get a Tl of this that differs from MM's (and isn't a joke), then I may replace MM's TL with it.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacktheinfinite101 View Post
    Ok, time to put the Mirror Moon TL into question. I won't say what line, but there is a certain line that bugs me, but now I'm wondeirng if MM TL'ed it badly. I put the original Japanese text into Google Translate (which is not to be trusted), and the result was strangely legible and seemed better than what MM put. With all that said, anyone who frequents this forum and speaks Japanese (I can name at least one), would you be willing to give me a TL of this line:

セイバーと一緒にしたい」

should I get a Tl of this that differs from MM's (and isn't a joke), then I may replace MM's TL with it.
    I'm not a player of Realta Nua of PC version, I was a player of F/SN of Original PC(for adult) version. Anyway, your Japanese line is little bit strange.
    "セイバーが俺を拒まないんなら" is must be "セイバーが俺を拒まないなら".

"俺はここで、セイバーと一緒にしたい" is correct Japanese but I can't found what is Shirou to do with saber. One possibility is sexual activity but I don't know about your(Shirou & saber) current situation.
    Miss Jarman said viciously: 'You must reallywant your money.'
    'No.' Harvey shook his head wearily. 'It's not that, honey. He wants to be Caneton. And nobody ever beat Caneton. Yet.'
    I said quickly: 'Bring the car through in fifteen minutes. Unless you hear shooting. Then you can decide for yourself.'
    I walked away down the bank to the right, looking for the entrance to the communication trench. I found it and turned in.
    -----
     ミス・ジャーマンが悪意に満ちた声で言った。「お金のためならどんなことでもするのね」
    「ちがう」 ハーヴェイが疲れたように首をふった。「そうじゃあないんだよ。カントンでありたいのさ。敗れ ることを知らないカントンなんだ。今まではね」
     私は口をはさんだ。「十五分たったら車をもってきてくれ。銃声を聞かなければだ。銃声が聞こえたら、自分 で判断しろ」
     私は土手に沿って右へ歩きながら塹壕への入口を探した。見つけて中に入った。

Quote Originally Posted by Jacktheinfinite101 View Post

セイバーと一緒にしたい」

"If Saber isn't against it, then I want to do it with her make love to her sleep with her dick her here and now, baby."

I translated it with Google Translate, but I'm an 11th level master of Google Translate. Google Translate is more reliable than even the most professional translators; it's just that it has a bad rep because unskilled plebs use it.

EDIT: Oh and yeah, I'm an 11th level master now. That totally wasn't a typo. Hurrah.
    Last edited by Paitouch; October 18th, 2013 at 07:07 AM.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    @All except Pai
    Please don't believe post from Pai except translation result. His tranlation result is correct but Pai is still keeping his role play.
    Last edited by Ossan99; October 18th, 2013 at 07:25 AM.
    Miss Jarman said viciously: 'You must reallywant your money.'
    'No.' Harvey shook his head wearily. 'It's not that, honey. He wants to be Caneton. And nobody ever beat Caneton. Yet.'
    I said quickly: 'Bring the car through in fifteen minutes. Unless you hear shooting. Then you can decide for yourself.'
    I walked away down the bank to the right, looking for the entrance to the communication trench. I found it and turned in.
    -----
     ミス・ジャーマンが悪意に満ちた声で言った。「お金のためならどんなことでもするのね」
    「ちがう」 ハーヴェイが疲れたように首をふった。「そうじゃあないんだよ。カントンでありたいのさ。敗れ ることを知らないカントンなんだ。今まではね」
     私は口をはさんだ。「十五分たったら車をもってきてくれ。銃声を聞かなければだ。銃声が聞こえたら、自分 で判断しろ」
     私は土手に沿って右へ歩きながら塹壕への入口を探した。見つけて中に入った。