Page 601 of 615 FirstFirst ... 101501551591596599600601602603606611 ... LastLast
Results 12,001 to 12,020 of 12291

Thread: Fate/Stay Night [Realta Nua] PC version Mirror Moon TL insertion project

Quote Originally Posted by Anonamous View Post
    Probably something I did. I didn't notice it, nor do I notice it in the screenshot there...

I see it from toggling widescreen.
    I managed to fix it by undoing the fix to the screen that tells you what day it is, I believe the fix applied there affected all foreground images, which include sprites.
    Memorable quotes

Quote Originally Posted by Kinoko Nasu
    So as to stimulate the reader's imagination, I try not to write too clearly about mechanics and characters' inner workings.
    Quote Originally Posted by UnlimitedBladeWorks
    In all honesty the Ufo Anime should've included a switch that let people chose what route they wanted to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacktheinfinite101 View Post
    I managed to fix it by undoing the fix to the screen that tells you what day it is, I believe the fix applied there affected all foreground images, which include sprites.
    yes the culprit in that fix was the change to the ShouldStretch property. Removing the parent instanceof "BaseLayer" || will fix it.

Unfortunately it breaks every @dashcombo though, which I thought I was fixing lol.
    Last edited by TheUnknownIdentity; January 23rd, 2019 at 08:42 PM.

While I'm at it, Nintendo Maniac's post about the widescreen mode with CG cropping made me realize something, the problem with the pause menu trailing off of frame was related to another function that was broken by the fix to that.

Basically CGs and backgrounds in RN Mobile contain programming that calculates the coordinates of the CG to focus on. Without this programming, the CG will zoom into the upper half by default. The problem is that the pause menu also pans with the CG it seems.

Here's examples: Example 1 is without the panning (so what Annon's fixes resulted in). Example 2 is with the panning and Example 3 is the pause being forced up by the pan

Spoiler:

Memorable quotes

So as to stimulate the reader's imagination, I try not to write too clearly about mechanics and characters' inner workings.
    In all honesty the Ufo Anime should've included a switch that let people chose what route they wanted to watch.

While I'm at it, Nintendo Maniac's post about the widescreen mode with CG cropping made me realize something, the problem with the pause menu trailing off of frame was related to another function that was broken by the fix to that.

Basically CGs and backgrounds in RN Mobile contain programming that calculates the coordinates of the CG to focus on. Without this programming, the CG will zoom into the upper half by default. The problem is that the pause menu also pans with the CG it seems.

Here's examples: Example 1 is without the panning (so what Annon's fixes resulted in). Example 2 is with the panning and Example 3 is the pause being forced up by the pan

Spoiler:

...crap

Unrelated to the fix, and very much worth noting is that the "smart panning" only happens within VN gameplay, if you're viewing it from the Gallery, then it does not do this. Presumably in the Mobile version you could manually scroll across the entire CG in the gallery so the forced panning was only used for narrative functionality. However in the current state, there is no panning capability in the gallery outside of the CGs that already panned (which incidentally you can't pan all the way to the bottom of for either in widescreen).
    Memorable quotes

Unrelated to the fix, and very much worth noting is that the "smart panning" only happens within VN gameplay, if you're viewing it from the Gallery, then it does not do this. Presumably in the Mobile version you could manually scroll across the entire CG in the gallery so the forced panning was only used for narrative functionality. However in the current state, there is no panning capability in the gallery outside of the CGs that already panned (which incidentally you can't pan all the way to the bottom of for either in widescreen).
    I have been able to manually fix every menu within VN gameplay except for Save/Load If I fix the info portion the pictures disappear.

Quote Originally Posted by Nintendo Maniac 64 View Post
    Is "Whirlpool of Fate 2 (trial ver.)" supposed to be on the config BGM list and not just the music player in the extra menu?
    It's probably a product of the way it's designed. It's not breaking anything by being there so I'm not worried about it. That said, I noticed the track isn't' playing for me so that's on my todo list to fix.

Similarly, why are there config options for PS2 vs Original even for songs that were the same in both the original and PS2 (like "into the Night", "In the Sunlight", "Gentle Everyday", etc)?
    Basically because the feature wasn't in place when I was given the build and I basically got Quibi to on the 11th hour so he just kind of put everything in. I think I can actually fix this, however, so that's also on my todo list.

And what ever happened to that ability to hide the partially-transparent black area located behind the text, leaving you with just the text overlayed directly over the background art and character sprites?
    I'm not sure what you're referring to here.

I also just realized that the 640x480 window size option is listed on the bottom of the list even though said list goes top to bottom from smallest resolution to largest resolution - shouldn't 640x480 be put above 800x600 instead? (again, reminder that the original PC VNs could in fact render at 640x480, and the PS2 version obviously ran at 640x480 as well)
    800x600 is there for convenience since it's the default option, however I do agree that 640x480's placement is completely out of order. I don't know if that's within my realm of fixing capacity but I can try.

I don't suppose that it's possible for the VN to detect your current resolution and then for it to default to choosing the largest window size that will actually completely fit on the screen without cutting anything off (while taking into account both the title & menu bar as well as the task bar) rather than always defaulting to 800x600 (1280x960 in high quality)?
    If that is possible it's definitely past my capabilities, and given other fixes have continuously broken functions as well, that might be best to wait n Quibi for.

For me it goes over the taskbar until I actually click on the taskbar at which point the taskbar then goes under the taskbar (at least until you change the size and/or switch between fullscreen and windowed)
    is that consistent across OSes and computers?
    Memorable quotes

Resident straight-male kuutsundere NM64's Avatar
    I'm not sure what you're referring to here.
    Oh goodie, I get to go searching through many many pages of this thread in an attempt to find the one screenshot Quibi posted who knows how long ago...

is that consistent across OSes and computers?
    I've only tested on a single OS and PC thus far, but I'll be sure to check this.
    HELP WANTED - Contact me if you know the original source of this song:

Sorry I'm too lazy to go about quoting but krkrz automatically detects and presents a list of possible screen resolutions. You can see it in the console log when changing to HD fullscreen.

I actually almost got it. I was partially right with the KAGlayer check.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonamous View Post
    Sorry I'm too lazy to go about quoting but krkrz automatically detects and presents a list of possible screen resolutions. You can see it in the console log when changing to HD fullscreen.

I actually almost got it. I was partially right with the KAGlayer check.

Ok I got it with the exception of the little help infos that print on mouse over. Not sure what they are instances of. Definitely check this over. Somethings like the typemoon intro are still broken.

I found the screenshot depicting text without the transparent black/grey background! Source post.

screenshot

In the process I found posts about the native iOS/Android Vita OP video files working out-of-the-box in the VN engine we're using without the need to re-encode. Unless one is trying to reduce file size, I would think that using the files as-is would be the best way to go in terms of retaining maximum quality, no?

I also found mention that the iOS/Android Vita remix of Light & Darkness did some "George Lucasification" and did not have the original method of musical looping (the 2004 F/sn wouldn't play the second part of the song until you reach that one according plot point in the story), and was wondering if we preserved that for the remixed version of that song?

I found the screenshot depicting text without the transparent black/grey background! Source post.

screenshot

In the process I found posts about the native iOS/Android Vita OP video files working out-of-the-box in the VN engine we're using without the need to re-encode. Unless one is trying to reduce file size, I would think that using the files as-is would be the best way to go in terms of retaining maximum quality, no?

I also found mention that the iOS/Android Vita remix of Light & Darkness did some "George Lucasification" and did not have the original method of musical looping (the 2004 F/sn wouldn't play the second part of the song until you reach that one according plot point in the story), and was wondering if we preserved that for the remixed version of that song?
    Okay since you'e OCD about everything I get to be OCD about this. The object you're referring to is known either as a texbox or text window. I don't know exactly what you're asking about it, but the absence of it is just something FSN does in certain scenes like the one you found.

Also pretty sure loooooong ago I edited the Vita Light and Darkness so that it corresponded to the PC method of playing the song. I'll double check to be sure but I'm almost certain that was taken care of.
    Memorable quotes

but the absence of it is just something FSN does in certain scenes like the one you found..
    Oh.

Well I'm still pretty darned sure there was a screenshot depicting the ability to have no textbox present, but the screenshot I found clearly isn't it...so I guess I will continue my search through old pages of this thread.

Oh.

Well I'm still pretty darned sure there was a screenshot depicting the ability to have no textbox present, but the screenshot I found clearly isn't it...so I guess I will continue my search through old pages of this thread.
    Okay now i'm gonna OCD myself, I should say RN, not FSN. It's an addition you usually find in RN altered scenes like Gold Separation, Continuation of the Dream, and the addition of Last Episode.
    Memorable quotes

The only version of the game where I know you can change the text box background and opacity is the PS2 version.

It's also something Kariya asked about a few pages back

Oh.

Maybe you're thinking of F/HA, which does have the option to change the window opacity.

You can change the type of window in this version of RN however.
    Memorable quotes

Well I got some more stuff I'd like to inquire about that I found while digging around more old pages in this thread (no older than page 500, before that enters the era of derailing and in general seems to be before Quibi really got himself involved in this project anyway)

----------------------------------------------------------------

This post by Quibi implies to me that any window size should be possible:
    Quote Originally Posted by Quibi View Post
    Uh... I already said it supports every resolution (wide is still WIP). It's just a matter of how to present it in GUI.
    Worst case I'll have some predefined values and for advanced users I'll have a txt config file in the game dir to use some custom non-standard resolution.
    Or I find some way to add text input to the game O_o

Considering that it's possible to run the "merged" VN in Japanese, does the installer support Japanese (presumably by detecting OS language setting or the like), or is the installer English-only?

Do the scenes in the following screenshots normally lack a taxtbox? (source post)
    screenshots

This post by Quibi gives me the impression that he may have the video data files for the Vita versions (not the iOS/Android Vita OPs) of the UBW and HF OPs:

Quote Originally Posted by Quibi View Post
    I still have no idea which ones I'll use. There're the ones we got from the mobile (ogv, ~30mb), vita (mp4, ~90mb), and some other ones you found.
    I'm inclined towards the vita ones but we'll have to investigate this as well...

e: those are just the vita ones. I'm not even sure what's the source of the ps2 videos.
    Perhaps for a future "public release v1.1 / v2" we could look farther into that. That massive filesize discrepancy between the two versions is also why I very much just assumed that figured that the Vita versions are higher fidelity.

I found my posts going into detail with screenshots about the post-processing needed for the PS2 OPs from the Type-Moon Fes. Blu-ray:

Posts with images

Oddly enough the colors in those screenshots look different than how they look on my PC through MPC-HC with LAVfilters 0.68.1...

Currently used in the patch:

Super-fancy upscale

Blu-ray cropped to 1440x810 and downscaled to 1280x720 via Lanczos3
    Basically I think the Blu-ray has the best encoded quality with regards to banding, macro-blocking, and detail resolution; with some post-production like contrast and sharpness adjustments (because it has to be re-encoded anyway) it could be the best by far.

For example, if I apply an "Asharp" filter (set to default settings) in Avidemux and then set the contrast to "30" in XnView, you get similar colors to the currently-used version but with better visual fidelity (note that the image was resized to 1280px wide via Lanczos3 and cropped to 712 pixels high):

I also found the link to the super-fancy upscales which can largely be used as-is as a stop-gap higher quality solution for the PS2 OPs until we have more time to work with the versions from the Type-Moon Fes Blu-ray (presumably for use in the elusive "public release v1.1 / v2")

The super-fancy upscales are already in h.264 and can be found here:
    ****************************folder/3viv...ght_-_Openings

However, the container (AVI) is wrong, so you'll have to copy the h.264 video stream and MP3 audio stream into an MP4 container; this can be done without re-encoding via something like Avidemux.
    If you want me to remux the AVI files into an MP4 for you and re-upload them then I can do that...assuming that we're not already using that.
    Last edited by NM64; January 24th, 2019 at 01:36 AM.

This post by Quibi implies to me that any window size should be possible:
    That quote is news to me. There's no text file configuration to my knowledge, perhaps he plans to implement this when he comes back?

Considering that it's possible to run the "merged" VN in Japanese, does the installer support Japanese (presumably by detecting OS language setting or the like), or is the installer English-only?
    Booted up the installer in Japanese locale annnnd.....it's in English, so at the moment it seems to only be in English.

Do the scenes in the following screenshots normally lack a taxtbox? (source post)
    screenshots

Yep.
    This post by Quibi gives me the impression that he may have the video data files for the Vita versions (not the iOS/Android Vita OPs) of the UBW and HF OPs:

Perhaps for a future "public release v1.1 / v2" we could look farther into that. That massive filesize discrepancy between the two versions is also why I very much just assumed that figured that the Vita versions are higher fidelity.
    It's not a bad assumption however this isn't always the case. A friend of mine uses an encoder to make his video files 60fps, and despite there not being quality loss, and the doubling of framerate, somehow the video files end up smaller afterwards.

In any event if Quibi has them then I'll look into them.

I found my posts going into detail with screenshots about the post-processing needed for the PS2 OPs from the Type-Moon Fes. Blu-ray:

Posts with images

I also found the link to the super-fancy upscales which can largely be used as-is as a stop-gap higher quality solution for the PS2 OPs until we have more time to work with the versions from the Type-Moon Fes Blu-ray (presumably for use in the elusive "public release v1.1 / v2")

If you want me to remux the AVI files into an MP4 for you and re-upload them then I can do that...assuming that we're not already using that.
    Sure, if it's not too much trouble.
    Memorable quotes

BTW, be wary about navigating to the page that comes after the one where I originally posted my PS2 OP video screenshot comparison - you'll run head-first into my crappy image edits of big-boobed Rin and the according busty!Rin / slim!Sakura thread derail that eventually results in Koto having a meltdown.

Sure, if it's not too much trouble.
    Naw that's easy-peasy to do.

Whelp, looking in the "patch_op.xp3", I can see that the UBW and HF Vita OPs have been encoded to AVC with file sizes larger than their iOS/Android original OGV video files. Like...why?

Amusingly it was you Jack yourself that confirmed back in 2016 that the iOS/Android versions of the Vita OPs work as-is in this elusive merge project without needing to re-encode:

Okay so I was going to give that trick I try, then I noticed a very subtle naming error I made on the OGV files in the first place *facepalm* so RENAMING THEM TO THE ACTUAL CORRECT NAME, they worked fine.

So yes, the OGV files DO work.
    We would need MP4s to work as majority of the Openings would be MP4s, only the UBW and HF OPs would be OGVs.