Page 609 of 615 FirstFirst ... 109509559599604607608609610611614 ... LastLast
Results 12,161 to 12,180 of 12291

Thread: Fate/Stay Night [Realta Nua] PC version Mirror Moon TL insertion project

Resident straight-male kuutsundere NM64's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacktheinfinite101 View Post
    I made sure. Everything was named appropriately, and for once, the game's console was straightforward and outright just said "file extension is not supported".
    What about just naming them .OGG? The VN engine clearly supports that since it's the exact same container that's used for audio - the question is whether it supports it for video.

(to clarify, .ogv and .ogg are actually the same exact container format)

EDIT: Jack confirmed to me in a PM that using a .OGG extension also doesn't work and that it apparently only works for audio.

- - - Updated - - -

If that still doesn't work, then there's also the option of doing the unthinkable and renaming the .OGV's to .MP4 since it's not clear to me if krkrz is super-picky about file extensions matching the actual format (for example, a .OGV will still play in something like MPC-HC without issue even if it's been renamed to .MP4)
    Last edited by NM64; February 3rd, 2019 at 06:21 PM.
    HELP WANTED - Contact me if you know the original source of this song:

Quote Originally Posted by NM64 View Post
    If that still doesn't work, then there's also the option of doing the unthinkable and renaming the .OGV's to .MP4 since it's not clear to me if krkrz is super-picky about file extensions matching the actual format (for example, a .OGV will still play in something like MPC-HC without issue even if it's been renamed to .MP4)
    Unfortunately that didn't work either. I was hoping it would but got a soft lock with an error in the console.

Spoiler:
    17:12:22 ==== An exception occured at movie.tjs(210)[(function) open], VM ip = 81 ====17:12:22 -- Disassembled VM code --
    17:12:22 #(210) super.open(storage);
    17:12:22 00000081 calld %0, %2.*10(%-3) // *10 = (string)"open"
    17:12:22 -- Register dump --
    17:12:22 %-4=(object)(object 0x063C8018:0x063C8018) %-3=(string)"psvita_op_ubw.mp4"
    17:12:22 %-2=(object)(object 0x00F8EBC0:0x00000000)
    17:12:22 %-1=(object)(object 0x06459078:0x06459078) %0=(void)
    17:12:22 %1=(object)(object 0x01B585F8:0x00000000)
    17:12:22 %2=(object)(object 0x04BFDAD8:0x00000000) %3=(string)"//i/\\.mp4$"
    17:12:22 %4=(object)(object 0x1DAA5108:0x1DAA5108)
    17:12:22 -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    17:12:22 ムービー psvita_op_ubw.mp4 を再生できません : Faild to open stream.
    17:12:22 (info) CPU clock : 3516.9MHz
    17:12:33 (info) Rebuilding Auto Path Table ...
    17:12:33 (info) Total 43291 file(s) found, 41292 file(s) activated. (22ms)
    Memorable quotes

Quote Originally Posted by Kinoko Nasu
    So as to stimulate the reader's imagination, I try not to write too clearly about mechanics and characters' inner workings.
    Quote Originally Posted by UnlimitedBladeWorks
    In all honesty the Ufo Anime should've included a switch that let people chose what route they wanted to watch.

Unfortunately that didn't work either
    And renaming the extension to just .OGG presumably didn't work as well?

----------------------------------------------------------------

Oh so uh, turns out things are a bit more dicey with my sister's OS installation than I initially thought. So while what I said previously is true about solving the white screen issue for the OP videos, it isn't the entire story either.

Basically from what I can tell as well as what I can remember, the default Microsoft decoder is borked or something on her OS installation - I think I recall needing to install LAVfilters and settings all decoders to use LAV by default in order to get video playback in just normal programs like Windows Media Player to work.

But AFAICT, krkrz always wants to use the default Microsoft decoder, and so the only way to make it not be borked was to actually use a GPU from a completely different vendor (I tested with an old Geforce 6600, not a typo - it doesn't even have AVC h/w decode which may have also made a difference), and it wasn't just DDU alone that did it as doing a DDU but then installing the drivers for my Intel iGPU resulted in the issue persisting.

Another key tell for this being a borky Microsoft decoder is that the console log points to nothing being wrong at all; previously it would say something like "failed to open MP4", but for all intents and purproses the console indicates that the video should in fact be playing:

Code:
    18:27:24 --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    18:27:24 効果音の再生に失敗しました(実行は続行できます) : DirectSound Initialize file : DirectSoundCreate failed./HR=88780078
    18:27:26 (info) Rebuilding Auto Path Table ...
    18:27:27 (info) Total 38725 file(s) found, 36822 file(s) activated. (86ms)
    18:27:28 プロローグ3日目.ks : @r
    18:27:28 プロローグ3日目.ks :   [line3]Because she’s the most powerful Servant.[lr]
    18:27:29 プロローグ3日目.ks : @r
    18:27:29 (info) CPU clock : 3200.8MHz
    18:27:29 プロローグ3日目.ks :   Because her figure is just so heartless, so infinitely valiant, and so beautiful[line4]
    18:27:29 プロローグ3日目.ks : @pg
    18:27:30 プロローグ3日目.ks : ラベル/ページ : *page259/The day - Prologue
    18:27:30 プロローグ3日目.ks : @textoff
    18:27:31 プロローグ3日目.ks : @waitT time=1200
    18:27:32 プロローグ3日目.ks : @sestop time=4000 nowait=true
    18:27:32 プロローグ3日目.ks : @flushover rule=クロスフェード time=3200
    18:27:32 cl_notrans: all(back)
    18:27:32 reset condition.
    18:27:32 white: 0, back, 0, 1, 0, 1, 0, 0
    18:27:32 white の読み込みに 12ms かかりました
    18:27:35 プロローグ3日目.ks : @waitT canskip=false time=2000
    18:27:37 プロローグ3日目.ks : @return
    18:27:37 ================================================================================
    18:27:37 Scenario loaded : プロローグ.ks
    18:27:37 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 
    18:27:37 プロローグ.ks : jumped to : *start2
    18:27:37 プロローグ.ks : returned to : *start2 line offset 17
    18:27:37 プロローグ.ks : call stack depth after returning : 0
    18:27:37 プロローグ.ks : @textoff
    18:27:37 プロローグ.ks : @playedbgm storage=bgm38
    18:27:37 プロローグ.ks : @playedbgm storage=bgm51
    18:27:37 プロローグ.ks : @if exp="opPatchExists && !sf['gセイバークリア']"
    18:27:37 プロローグ.ks : @playmovie storage=ps2_op_fate.mp4 canskip=true
    18:27:37 プロローグ.ks : @endif
    18:27:37 プロローグ.ks : @if exp="opPatchExists && sf['gセイバークリア'] && !sf['g凛トゥルー'] && !sf['g凛グッド']"
    18:27:37 プロローグ.ks : @playmovie storage=ps2_op_ubw.mp4 canskip=true
    18:27:37 プロローグ.ks : @endif
    18:27:37 プロローグ.ks : @if exp="opPatchExists && sf['gセイバークリア'] && (sf['g凛トゥルー'] || sf['g凛グッド'])"
    18:27:37 プロローグ.ks : @playmovie storage=ps2_op_hf.mp4 canskip=true
    18:27:38 Video zoom: (0,0)-(320,240) ->
    18:27:38 (0,0)-(320,240)

Installing c++ 2015 without also having the newest service pack installed, then uninstalling c++ 2015, then installing the newest service pack still gives the same old errors when trying to run the installer and/or the "high" quality graphics. After that, installing c++ 2015 once again (this time with also having the newest service pack present) will result in the installer and/or "high" quality graphics working fine.

EDIT: Maybe. Unfortunately I've waited a couple too many hours after testing to post this and now I don't 100% remember, so I'm going to try it again and find out.

I can definitely confirm that the solution to making the OPs work on my sister's OS installation is using a non-Intel GPU and then doing the Win7DSFilterTweaker settings that I previously mentioned. Heck I didn't even have to run DDU before installing the GPU drivers for the non-Intel GPU in order for things to work!

And as I confirmed previously, this is almost certainly an issue due to a borky OS installation considering that the issue persists even when using the same OS installation on my desktop PC's Haswell iGPU which we know works on the OPs without issue with hardware acceleration and everything.

Turns out that you get the exact same result on Vista SP1 (in this case 64bit) as you do when trying to run the installer on Win7 non-SP1 64bit. I wouldn't be surprised if this result also applies to Vista non-SP1 as well, but I've nothing that runs Vista non-SP1 nor an OS installation disc without SP1 (and I doubt anybody would even want to run Vista non-SP1 - it was like the second coming of Windows ME).

Of course though, like Vista SP2 (32bit and 64bit), a pre-existing portable copy of the VN will run fine save for the OPs which will crash the VN; and obviously the fact that SP1 isn't the newest service pack also means that c++ 2015 won't be successfully installed and therefore the "high" quality mode won't work.

--------------------------------------------------------

Speaking of OP video files, that reminds me - you know those MP4s for the 2004 OPs from the Type Moon Fes Blu-ray I sent you? I had previously said that they may even work as-is without needing to do any sort of re-encoding or what not.

Well don't use them as-is because they're 10bit AVC which is unsupported by hardware AVC decoders. Since that would mean that it needs re-encoding, it'd probably be wiser to save that for a future installer version much like how we're saving the improved PS2 OP encodes for a future installer version.

Alright I should offer a progress report on what's been going on. I managed to fix the issue with Whirlpool of Fate 2 Trial version not playing. I renamed Bgm43_trial to Bgm43trial and renamed all calls and that fixed it.

I also was able to successfully trim down the PS2 list. I did leave all RN added tracks just in case there's some small difference I'm missing in any of them so there might still be some identical ones.

I couldn't get my Vita TV to boot up (probably don't have the right cables and need to dig them out) so I guess I'm relying on PS2 Emulation to check the gallery, FML.

I did unpack FSN trial but the files came out in a corrupted state so including the trial version trailer in non video format will require me to experiment with different unpack methods to what I usually use.

I also have noticed that the means of translating the music menu is different to how it was formerly done, so while I have some translation updates to the song names I'm not currently able to add them as my searches through the files have turned up empty. Any clue on how the translation is being managed, annon?
    Memorable quotes

So as to stimulate the reader's imagination, I try not to write too clearly about mechanics and characters' inner workings.
    In all honesty the Ufo Anime should've included a switch that let people chose what route they wanted to watch.

I managed to fix the issue with Whirlpool of Fate 2 Trial version not playing. I renamed Bgm43_trial to Bgm43trial and renamed all calls and that fixed it.
    Random question - are these trial songs selectable from the BGM menu for use in the VN itself, or are they just bonuses in the Extra menu?

One thing I was thinking is that you could always cheat and put the Trial songs in place of some of the PS2 songs (I know I know, now that you've gone and removed all the non-RN exclusive songs...) since none of the trial songs interfere with the PS2 songs, so that category could instead just be labeled "Trial/PS2".

I did leave all RN added tracks just in case there's some small difference I'm missing in any of them so there might still be some identical ones.
    I could always check for you to see which songs actually have differences via inverting and mixing waveforms of the PS2 and PC versions of each given RN-exclusive song, but that might take too much time and/or work for me to manage to get it into the initial public release.

I couldn't get my Vita TV to boot up (probably don't have the right cables and need to dig them out) so I guess I'm relying on PS2 Emulation to check the gallery, FML.
    May I ask what it is you're checking?

I mean, I myself have a PS2 RN disc and have tried emulating it in the past just to confirm that I can emulate directly from a disc (I can), and I have a CPU that is particularly useful for emulation (4.5GHz Haswell).

I did unpack FSN trial but the files came out in a corrupted state so including the trial version trailer in non video format will require me to experiment with different unpack methods to what I usually use.
    Oh, yeah, you need to use insani's xp3tools for that as the trial implements different encryption, and xp3tools supports both (refer to the readme): http://www.insani.org/tools/

BTW, it doesn't look like I ever posted about the following error; IIRC I believe this is what you get if you try to run the installer and/or the VN set to use "high" quality on an OS that is not on the newest service pack and c++ 2015 is not installed:

I do know for absolute sure that it happens when c++ 2015 is not installed (or at least correctly anyway), so in general it's largely interchangeable with that other error that comes up all the time when c++ 2015 is missing or isn't properly installed.

Blog Entries
    We should list NM64's sister's OS as a separate entry in the list of supported OS.

Only if it uses the same format as that infographic for which version the patch is for.

Quote Originally Posted by Quibi View Post
    We should list NM64's sister's OS as a separate entry in the list of supported OS.
    So that I don't keep saying things rhat may not actually be true, do you or don't you have the video data file from the actual Vita (not iOS/Android) copy of the UBW OP? (and I don't mean Jack's VitaTV recording either)

Because if you do in fact have it, then Jack needs a copy.

Thank you for asking but he isn't in a position to give it to me even if he does have it. Which is why I have made the decision to leave the OP issues we went back and forth in PMs to be handled at a later date.
    Memorable quotes

Random question - are these trial songs selectable from the BGM menu for use in the VN itself, or are they just bonuses in the Extra menu?

One thing I was thinking is that you could always cheat and put the Trial songs in place of some of the PS2 songs (I know I know, now that you've gone and removed all the non-RN exclusive songs...) since none of the trial songs interfere with the PS2 songs, so that category could instead just be labeled "Trial/PS2".
    I was honestly thinking of trying that with the original Turning Seasons as well since I prefer it to both the RN PS2 and RN Vita mixes, but l don't have a good way to identify that they are in fact, the not the PS2 versions, in the current form.

May I ask what it is you're checking?

I mean, I myself have a PS2 RN disc and have tried emulating it in the past just to confirm that I can emulate directly from a disc (I can), and I have a CPU that is particularly useful for emulation (4.5GHz Haswell).
    I need to correct the Gallery. You may notice the gallery isn't organized accurately to any version of FSN that has all three routes in the same game, and this needs to be corrected. I wonder if you emulating the disk would cause less hackey ass performance to the ISO I used.

Oh, yeah, you need to use insani's xp3tools for that as the trial implements different encryption, and xp3tools supports both (refer to the readme): http://www.insani.org/tools/
    Right, has been a good number of years since I used them to unpack the OG FSN files.
    Memorable quotes

Alright I should offer a progress report on what's been going on. I managed to fix the issue with Whirlpool of Fate 2 Trial version not playing. I renamed Bgm43_trial to Bgm43trial and renamed all calls and that fixed it.

I also was able to successfully trim down the PS2 list. I did leave all RN added tracks just in case there's some small difference I'm missing in any of them so there might still be some identical ones.

I also have noticed that the means of translating the music menu is different to how it was formerly done, so while I have some translation updates to the song names I'm not currently able to add them as my searches through the files have turned up empty. Any clue on how the translation is being managed, annon?
    No worries I got you.

As for the music translation, it would be Translation.po . It took me a bit to find as well, I found it while running a search for a name through notepad++ with the best filter *
    ~ "I have no idea what I'm doing, but at least I'm trying."

Quote Originally Posted by Anonamous View Post
    No worries I got you.

As for the music translation, it would be Translation.po . It took me a bit to find as well, I found it while running a search for a name through notepad++ with the best filter *
    Thanks for the help now I can implement those TL changes.

Funny enough I didn't have my ISO so I had to re-DL it, but I DID have a save file complete enough for my purposes, so ultimately I wound up not needing that gift package after all lol. Sorry to waste your time on that.
    Memorable quotes

Thanks for the help now I can implement those TL changes.

Funny enough I didn't have my ISO so I had to re-DL it, but I DID have a save file complete enough for my purposes, so ultimately I wound up not needing that gift package after all lol. Sorry to waste your time on that.
    Did you open it? It is perfectly safe to just assume I had that lying around... because I did. You will never again get a savefile so complete that the time played counter overflows back to zero lol. PS I know its unrelated, but I'll take some opinions lol.

Did you open it? It is perfectly safe to just assume I had that lying around... because I did. You will never again get a savefile so complete that the time played counter overflows back to zero lol. PS I know its unrelated, but I'll take some opinions lol.
    I probably am not a good test of your work because RN has never emulated well for me on PS2. Take this footage as a sample:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVqmVGMf4Ko
    Just opening up, the logo screens were full of that shit. That's why I said fuck my life upon not getting my Vita up.
    Memorable quotes

So that I don't keep saying things rhat may not actually be true, do you or don't you have the video data file from the actual Vita (not iOS/Android) copy of the UBW OP? (and I don't mean Jack's VitaTV recording either)

If you mean the raw video data directly from the game files I may have it. If not I'm sure you could ask Hintays.

Jack, did that also happen today with a newer version of pcsx2? I have never seen that occur before. I can tell you it was due to some cache issue with pcsx2 as I caught the glyph map appear.
    Last edited by TheUnknownIdentity; February 5th, 2019 at 09:37 PM.

If you mean the raw video data directly from the game files I may have it. If not I'm sure you could ask Hintays.Jack, did that also happen today with a newer version of pcsx2? I have never seen that occur before. I can tell you it was due to some cache issue with pcsx2 as I caught the glyph map appear.
    Yeah it's probably not the most up to date version. In any event, new problem. So now that I know about translation.po, I've been taking to NM's suggestion and changing the resolution options to communicate through a scaling model instead. However a bizarre problem occurs. The "(default)" doesn't translate even if I input it correctly into translation.po
    stupidly big image because I can't alt+printscreen and keep the menu open at the same time
    And just for proof, here's how I set it up
    Spoiler:
    Memorable quotes

I'm not entirely sure how it's supposed to work but you may need an & in there.

I tested on a friend's Vista 64bit non-SP1/non-SP2 OS installation, and can confirm that it gives exactly the same identical results as Vista 32bit SP1 and Vista 64bit SP1 - that is, the installer gives the same old DLL errors while using a pre-existing portable installation of the VN works perfectly fine except for the OPs which gives the same old errors I've had on Vista SP1 and Vista SP2.

Of possible interest is that said friend's Vista PC was running an Nvidia GPU that supports AVC h/w acceleration (GTX 260) which is not something I had previously tested on.

The same friend also had an older XP SP3 PC that I tested on as well - it too gave identical results to what I got when I previously tested on two of my PCs that ran XP SP3.

stupidly big image because I can't alt+printscreen and keep the menu open at the same time
    The trick is to open the menu by holding down your left mouse button rather than just clicking, then doing an alt+printscreen will not close the menu.

not-so stupidly big image
    (fun fact, back on OSs ~25 year ago you had to hold down the mouse button in order to open the menu, and then letting go of the mouse button would select your option rather than you clicking again)

Also, if one isn't too OCD about being exact, you could probably round the scaling values to the nearest tenth; for all except one listing that would simply mean just dropping the ending zero (so, instead of 0.80x, it'd be 0.8x) while the one exception, 1.28x, could just have its label be rounded to 1.3x.

I tested on a friend's Vista 64bit non-SP1/non-SP2 OS installation, and can confirm that it gives exactly the same identical results as Vista 32bit SP1 and Vista 64bit SP1 - that is, the installer gives the same old DLL errors while using a pre-existing portable installation of the VN works perfectly fine except for the OPs which gives the same old errors I've had on Vista SP1 and Vista SP2.

Of possible interest is that said friend's Vista PC was running an Nvidia GPU that supports AVC h/w acceleration (GTX 260) which is not something I had previously tested on.

The same friend also had an older XP SP3 PC that I tested on as well - it too gave identical results to what I got when I previously tested on two of my PCs that ran XP SP3.

The trick is to open the menu by holding down your left mouse button rather than just clicking, then doing an alt+printscreen will not close the menu.

not-so stupidly big image
    (fun fact, back on OSs ~25 year ago you had to hold down the mouse button in order to open the menu, and then letting go of the mouse button would select your option rather than you clicking again)

Also, if one isn't too OCD about being exact, you could probably round the scaling values to the nearest tenth; for all except one listing that would simply mean just dropping the ending zero (so, instead of 0.80x, it'd be 0.8x) while the one exception, 1.28x, could just have its label be rounded to 1.3x.
    Is this the new installer I sent you the other day? It may be a pain in the ass but I do need to know which ones. I would think it would be the vcruntime now as the win-api shoud be resolved.

pi = e = 3 take it or leave it.
    Last edited by TheUnknownIdentity; February 6th, 2019 at 12:04 AM.