Page 76 of 615 FirstFirst ... 26667174757677788186126176576 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,520 of 12291

Thread: Fate/Stay Night [Realta Nua] PC version Mirror Moon TL insertion project

Resident straight-male kuutsundere NM64's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by asr163 View Post
    and added it to your patch
    It's Jacktheinfinite101's patch, not mine.
    HELP WANTED - Contact me if you know the original source of this song:

oh well i hope i helped jack out with my little involvement with the video patches

oh well i hope i helped jack out with my little involvement with the video patches
    Trust me you did, both of us were having a total pain getting videos encoded that would work with the VN engine. By default it would only support MPEG1 and WMV, but none of the MPEG1 videos we encoded would work with it! That only left WMV which had the upside-down video issue and certain incompatibility issues when using Windows Movie Maker on Windows 8 vs Windows 7, and other than the program generally sucking Windows Movie Maker is pretty much the only software that can encode WMVs without paying money or being a pirate...

Seriously, this will make things so much simpler.
    Last edited by NM64; March 29th, 2014 at 05:04 PM.

cool im really glad i was able to help, i really enjoy the fate/stay night VN and i want this project you all doing to succeed, i be looking forward to future releases.

Errr, I'm discovering a few issues, but at least none of them are because of the video formatting.

1 - The videos are the incorrect aspect ratio when played back in the VN. This isn't unexpected considering that the WMV videos had the same issue, and can be solved with letterboxing. That does however mean that widescreen resolutions will have windowboxing.

2 - The scaler used on the videos is horribly ineffecient in terms of CPU usage. Running the VN fullscreen at 800x600 has minimal slowdown, but setting my desktop resolution to 1920x1080 causes the videos to have tons of stuttering and frame-drops. You know something is wrong with the video scaling algorithm needs more CPU power than decoding the video itself, especially when it's 720p h.264 and not some wimpy 360p MPEG1.

Unfortunately for both of these issues, it's KiriKiri's fault and not the video format itself.
    Last edited by NM64; March 29th, 2014 at 05:19 PM.

yah i "borrow" it from somewhere, i got from an old restoration patch someone made on the original fate pc vn. i notice the old patch was playing the ps2 op in mp4 so i looked into it to see what was different between this old patch and your patch and than i saw the codec file. i cant take any credit for making the codec file, all i did was find it and move a few things around to make it work the way i wanted it to work
    Sounds to me like you got it from MeruP. I had tried in the past to get his op patches to work all to no avvail. I got yours to work and also applied it to UBW and HF, like Nintendomaniac said your efforts make things A LOT easier and I really appreciate it.
    Memorable quotes

Quote Originally Posted by Kinoko Nasu
    So as to stimulate the reader's imagination, I try not to write too clearly about mechanics and characters' inner workings.
    Quote Originally Posted by UnlimitedBladeWorks
    In all honesty the Ufo Anime should've included a switch that let people chose what route they wanted to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacktheinfinite101 View Post
    your efforts make things A LOT easier and I really appreciate it.
    Other than that ever-present (feeling?) CPU-utilization issue.

Interestingly enough h.264 has framedrops while WMV just had the video play slower.

Quote Originally Posted by Nintendo Maniac 64 View Post
    Errr, I'm discovering a few issues, but at least none of them are because of the video formatting.

1 - The videos are the incorrect aspect ratio when played back in the VN. This isn't unexpected considering that the WMV videos had the same issue, and can be solved with letterboxing. That does however mean that widescreen resolutions will have windowboxing.

2 - The scaler used on the videos is horribly ineffecient in terms of CPU usage. Running the VN fullscreen at 800x600 has minimal slowdown, but setting my desktop resolution to 1920x1080 causes the videos to have tons of stuttering and frame-drops. You know something is wrong with the video scaler itself needs more CPU power than decoding the video itself!

Unfortunately for both of these issues, it's KiriKiri's fault and not the video format itself.

*checks VN* GOD DAMN IT!!! I never teted it in full screen and the aspect ratio was fine in windowed so I assumed it would be fine here. I'll either downscale and letterbox it like I did before (something I don't want to do), or since I unpacked MeruP's OP patch today, I'll see if I can get his little full-screen mod to work where it allows for 16:9 aspect ratio.

- - - Updated - - -

Other than that ever-present (feeling?) CPU-utilization issue.

Interestingly enough h.264 has framedrops while WMV just had the video play slower.
    I have no CPU issues running the OP's like ever. Heck I just ran them while I had Battlefront II running and eating 47% of my CPU and I still had no issues.
    Memorable quotes

So as to stimulate the reader's imagination, I try not to write too clearly about mechanics and characters' inner workings.
    In all honesty the Ufo Anime should've included a switch that let people chose what route they wanted to watch.

I have no CPU issues running the OP's like ever. Heck I just ran them while I had Battlefront II running and eating 47% of my CPU and I still had no issues.
    Seriously, check what your CPU model is. It's very simple, you just right click on "Computer" and select "Properties". Your CPU model (listed as "Processor") should be listed among the information in the window that pops up.

EDIT:
    I'll see if I can get his little full-screen mod to work where it allows for 16:9 aspect ratio..
    As long as it works for any aspect ratio and not just 16:9 then go for it. I'll gladly test for you if you cannot yourself.
    Last edited by NM64; March 29th, 2014 at 05:28 PM.

Seriously, check what your CPU model is. It's very simple, you just right click on "Computer" and select "Properties". Your CPU model should be listed among the information in the window that pops up.
    I know how to do that thank you very much.

Processor:Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3630QM CPU @ 2.40GHz 2.40GHz
    Installed memory (RAM): 8.00 GB (7.89 usable)
    System type: 64-bit Operating System, x64-based processor.
    Memorable quotes

I'm just making sure. :P

Processor:Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3630QM CPU @ 2.40GHz 2.40GHz.
    Dude, that's Ivy Bridge CPU, which is the second-fastest CPU architecture to date. That specific CPU model also seems to be the 6th fastest laptop Ivy Bridge CPU.

That is why you are not seeing any CPU problems.
    Last edited by NM64; March 29th, 2014 at 05:42 PM.

I'm just making sure. :P

Dude, that is the fastest freakin laptop CPU of the Ivy Bridge architecture, which itself is the second-fastest CPU architecture to date.

That is why you are not seeing any CPU problems.
    Damn. I knew this CPU was good but I didn't realize it was that good. Then again I did shell out $800 because like you I'm also primarily a Youtuber and I make a lot of videos (I haven't lately but still) and basically I burned out two laptops because they couldn't handle all the rendering, so I decided to just get one that I knew would be strong enough for it.

I'll try testing this out on one of my parent's computer and see what happens. While it is true that my CPU is powerful, it's also loud, like, even using 20% can cause the fan to be heard, the fact that it doesn't react like that basically means it's using little to none of my CPU.
    Last edited by Jacktheinfinite101; March 29th, 2014 at 05:37 PM.
    Memorable quotes

Damn. I knew this CPU was good but I didn't realize it was that good.
    Read my edit. :P I read the specs wrong, it's "only" the 6th fastest laptop Ivy Bridge CPU.

While it is true that my CPU is powerful, it's also loud, like, even using 20% can cause the fan to be heard, the fact that it doesn't react like that basically means it's using little to none of my CPU.
    It's probably because your CPU is a quad core with hyperthreading meaning it can handle up to 8 threads. AFAIK PC Realta Nua seems to only use 1 thread, maybe 2 threads, but definetely not any more than that.
    Last edited by NM64; March 29th, 2014 at 05:42 PM.

Read my edit. :P I read the specs wrong, it's "only" the 5th fastest laptop Ivy Bridge CPU.
    Responded before your edit. Yeah but that's still nothing to sneeze at, and it's a testament to how well this computer has served me in pretty much anything that would be considered high-CPU work. I'll test it with my dad's piece of shit Vista laptop and see how it runs.
    Memorable quotes

When/if you do that you should also mention what CPU that laptop is using so that we can have a frame of reference.

BTW I noticed I made a minor typo, I said the 5th fastest when I meant the 6th fastest. For reference the fastest Ivy Bridge laptop CPU is 600MHz faster at its base clock but "only" 500MHz faster under turbo (which occurs when you're not using all 8 available threads)
    Last edited by NM64; March 29th, 2014 at 05:48 PM.

When/if you do that you should also mention what CPU that laptop is using so that we can have a frame of reference.
    I can tell you that I borrowed it once when my second laptop died and I remember reading Nine Bullet Revolver (original FSN with Waku Waku's RN patch) and even that caused slowdown and frame drop. I pretty much intended to replace it asap so it was an emergency use and I remember thinking "not even going to bother putting my video editing software on here, I'll just cause this thing to melt."
    Memorable quotes

I can tell you that I borrowed it once when my second laptop died and I remember reading Nine Bullet Revolver (original FSN with Waku Waku's RN patch) and even that caused slowdown and frame drop.
    Either that laptop's CPU is overheating or it's really old. Like I've mentioned before, my current Athlon 64 x2 underclocked to a mere 1GHz has no issues with that.

Either that laptop's CPU is overheating or it's really old. Like I've mentioned before, my current Athlon 64 x2 underclocked to a mere 1GHz has no issues with that.
    It's old, it was a hand me down he got, hence why it still only has Vista. It even had one of those weird mouse operating buttons in the keyboard.

I might also go with my Mom's too then. Her's is Windows 7 and it's a Toshiba (same brand as mine) so it can take more heat than my Dad's.
    Memorable quotes

It's old, it was a hand me down he got, hence why it still only has Vista.
    But the Athlon 64 X2 (and even the Core 2 Duo) actually predates Vista...

In other news, holy crap RN PC's video renderer sucks. I set my desktop resolution to 1280x720 and used the 960x720 YouTube MP4 of the following video as a guinea pig: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbhFMRlrUGQ

Here's my CPU utilization of the video playing back in fullsceen in VLC with all hardware acceleration disabled:

Now here's the exact same video file playing in fullscreen in RN PC:

What the crap. Note that there should be no scaling being done at all since the video height was exactly the same as my resolution height and the aspect ratio of the video was 4:3.

Interestingly enough this shows that the video renderer in RN PC uses at least two threads.
    Last edited by NM64; March 29th, 2014 at 06:46 PM.

Processor:Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3630QM CPU @ 2.40GHz 2.40GHz
    Installed memory (RAM): 8.00 GB (7.89 usable)
    System type: 64-bit Operating System, x64-based processor.
    I guess this is why I never had any CPU issues with the videos on my end, because I have... pretty much a faster version of the same processor (and 12 GB 1600 clock RAM, but that's a separate thing). [Because I also need that much power for all that YouTube video production... among other things.]

Except I already figured as much, because I already knew how good it was (it's why I bought it), which is why I never bothered to chime in with any "WFM"s. "It works fine for me because of my kickass CPU" never solved anyone's problems, at least in my experience as a programmer.

But the Athlon 64 X2 (and even the Core 2 Duo) actually predates Vista...

In other news, holy crap RN PC's video renderer sucks. I set my desktop resolution to 1280x720 and used the 960x720 YouTube MP4 of the following video as a guinea pig: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbhFMRlrUGQ

I don't suppose someone also has a sorcery dll lying around to add a decent renderer to kirikiri....
    Last edited by XerBlade; March 29th, 2014 at 08:50 PM.