Page 7 of 615 FirstFirst ... 256789121757107507 ... LastLast

Thread: Fate/Stay Night [Realta Nua] PC version Mirror Moon TL insertion project

also the second link to a line was the same as the one he just did, i assume you meant to post the one referring to a pot of some sort

Yeah, I meant this one:  地獄の釜の底を洗うような作業だと、女の師はよく独白したものだ。

But to avoid further derailment, I'll just ask the big question and be done with it. Paitouch, Ossan99, is there some way I could convince either of you to help with the FHA TL project? We could certainly use the help.
    Last edited by Jacktheinfinite101; October 18th, 2013 at 10:40 AM.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    @Jack
    I played F/HA original version and I'm not sure Japanese-English translation was fixed or not. I warn you if you will use Japanese word, Reiu or AmADo VII or Paitouch or myself will post then something will happen (^^;.
    Miss Jarman said viciously: 'You must reallywant your money.'
    'No.' Harvey shook his head wearily. 'It's not that, honey. He wants to be Caneton. And nobody ever beat Caneton. Yet.'
    I said quickly: 'Bring the car through in fifteen minutes. Unless you hear shooting. Then you can decide for yourself.'
    I walked away down the bank to the right, looking for the entrance to the communication trench. I found it and turned in.
    -----
     ミス・ジャーマンが悪意に満ちた声で言った。「お金のためならどんなことでもするのね」
    「ちがう」 ハーヴェイが疲れたように首をふった。「そうじゃあないんだよ。カントンでありたいのさ。敗れ ることを知らないカントンなんだ。今まではね」
     私は口をはさんだ。「十五分たったら車をもってきてくれ。銃声を聞かなければだ。銃声が聞こえたら、自分 で判断しろ」
     私は土手に沿って右へ歩きながら塹壕への入口を探した。見つけて中に入った。

its not that it isn't fixed, it just isn't finished yet and some of the attempted translations are awful. Recently progress has hit a standstill, but thats all i'm gonna say about it here

Quote Originally Posted by Ossan99 View Post
    @Jack
    I played F/HA original version and I'm not sure Japanese-English translation was fixed or not. I warn you if you will use Japanese word, Reiu or AmADo VII or Paitouch or myself will post then something will happen (^^;.

The FHA TL project is an open project. You can contribute here: http://seiba.us.to/entrans/main.php

Only a few scenes are untranslated (though some TL'ed scenes need improvement), and personally I'd prefer a TL on 裏マップ-10.ks.po and 裏マップ-12.ks.po first.

The Royal Chancellor of Avalon Keyne's Avatar
    Off-topic: I really appreciate that Kotonoha is with us and can provide us with insightful, useful translation.

Quote Originally Posted by Keyne View Post
    Off-topic: I really appreciate that Kotonoha is with us and can provide us with insightful, useful translation.
    I had a feeling you'd make a post as soon as we started talking about double checking the infamous lines in Saber's H-scene.

In that spirit, I'll call attention to the other one. In Keyne's sig is a quote from Kotonoha about the infamous "I know how to make a man happy" line. Since it's right above this post, I won't recite it. My question is, should we change that line to something like "Even I know how to make a man happy."?

The Royal Chancellor of Avalon Keyne's Avatar
    In my opinion, very much yes.

Blog Entries
    I think we should rewrite all of Saber's lines in a Cockney accent.

Writing in an accent is...difficult, and prone to misinterpretations.

Quote Originally Posted by Keyne View Post
    In my opinion, very much yes.
    Very well, I'll do it, but just for comedy's sake, here's what Google "Translate" said when I put the original japanese version of the line in:

"In the Shiro. I want you to leave "... to how to pleased with the gentlemen
    I know "[l] [r]"

I have a secret that I haven't told you... Huitante's Avatar
    So, I gave your upside-down op patch for Fate route a shot, and it only half-works. Opening is no longer laggy, but hilariously enough it's still upside down. Before applying that patch I played it with windows basic scheme and it indeed had normal orientation, but still was laggy.
    I googled the issue a bit and found some references to a bug which makes some videos play upside down with aero scheme and a DivX bug with similar effect. Apparently the chain or reencodings you mentioned screwed things up at some point and it reproduced.

Also, changing legendary classics like "I know how to please men" is a sacrilege.
    We've had to endure much, you and I, but within the week there will be old men running the world

OLD MEN ARE THE FUTURE

Wait, did you try the latest non-upside down version then? If the upside down version is upside down, then the normal version should be normal, right?

I did try latest normal version, it's still upside down and laggy.
    We've had to endure much, you and I, but within the week there will be old men running the world

OLD MEN ARE THE FUTURE

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dreamedfire View Post
    Writing in an accent is...difficult, and prone to misinterpretations.
    That's half the point. Of course, only Americans would be allowed to work on this project, using old Hollywood movies starring Americans playing British people as a reference.

Disregard my previous post, I just copied the patch from the 'normal' version again and it worked.
    This is hilarious. Thank you.

OLD MEN ARE THE FUTURE

Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    That's half the point. Of course, only Americans would be allowed to work on this project, using old Hollywood movies starring Americans playing British people as a reference.
    *adds this to my list of things to do if I'm ever bored*

Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    I volunteer to participate, I'd actually have so much fun with that and I've seen enough b and c movies with americans playing brits to pull this off fairly accurately (though accuracy in this case is a misleading term) or just swap all shirou's mannerisms to the crocodile hunter.

Fuckin' chicken grill!!! Kotonoha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacktheinfinite101 View Post
    I had a feeling you'd make a post as soon as we started talking about double checking the infamous lines in Saber's H-scene.

In that spirit, I'll call attention to the other one. In Keyne's sig is a quote from Kotonoha about the infamous "I know how to make a man happy" line. Since it's right above this post, I won't recite it. My question is, should we change that line to something like "Even I know how to make a man happy."?
    Woah, I had sigs disabled so I never knew that. Keyne what.

Quote Originally Posted by Kotonoha View Post
    Woah, I had sigs disabled so I never knew that. Keyne what.

Oh shit..............um.............this is awkward.

Ok Keyne becaically has this quote from you in his sig:

"Well IIRC what she says is really more along the lines of "even *I* know how to please a man", which suggests not that she has superior man-pleasing skills, but rather than "men enjoy BJs" is common knowledge that even she knows.

This is what I drag out runes for."