Page 80 of 615 FirstFirst ... 30707578798081828590130180580 ... LastLast
Results 1,581 to 1,600 of 12291

Thread: Fate/Stay Night [Realta Nua] PC version Mirror Moon TL insertion project

Resident straight-male kuutsundere NM64's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacktheinfinite101 View Post
    Which would be fine.......ish, if it weren't for the fact that it stays that way until you close the game: http://i.imgur.com/H7ZJAqy.png

So yeah working on it.
    Can I still have whatever patch file that is? I don't need the OP videos or anything, I just want to play with whatever it is that makes windowed do what you describe in that screenshot.

Off topic-ish: I just found out that in 2 days my father is going on a business trip to Taiwan. Is there anything that you guys need imported?

(note that there's no way I'd be able to afford anything worth importing unless you were paying up-front; I'm so stinkin' frugal that I hesitate to buy things that are 10 to 20 bucks let alone something that's $100)
    Last edited by NM64; March 31st, 2014 at 08:24 PM.
    HELP WANTED - Contact me if you know the original source of this song:

You want the windowed mode like this?
    Memorable quotes

Quote Originally Posted by Kinoko Nasu
    So as to stimulate the reader's imagination, I try not to write too clearly about mechanics and characters' inner workings.
    Quote Originally Posted by UnlimitedBladeWorks
    In all honesty the Ufo Anime should've included a switch that let people chose what route they wanted to watch.

You want the windowed mode like this?
    I just want to mess around with it. :3

Let me rephrase, if you look at most uploads of the Fate OP and compare them to the only UBW and HF videos that aren't camrip, the Fate OP has jarringly superior quality. It's not noticeable when everything is downscaled like in the wmv system I had going, but now that we are (hopefully) moving up to full widescreen and HD mp4's, the difference is VERY noticeable, at least to my OCD eyes.
    I think you need to distinguish a bit more between video quality and video resolution. It's the quality that's the issue, not the resolution, especially when you consider that your presonal laptop display is only 1366x768 anyway.

Memorable quotes

So as to stimulate the reader's imagination, I try not to write too clearly about mechanics and characters' inner workings.
    In all honesty the Ufo Anime should've included a switch that let people chose what route they wanted to watch.

I said I didn't need the actual video files. >_>

But whatever, I'll take it I guess.

The video is part of what makes it do that.
    Memorable quotes

Uhh, Jack, that patch acts exactly the same as the one that asr163 made; you know, the one he linked to here:
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthread...=1#post1483921

I busted open the contents and it's exactly the same (I did an SHA-1 hashcheck) except that yours addded one more file, "init.tjs"

I'm also disappoint that you used his very same MP4 video files, which I'm pretty sure are just downscales of your 1080p WMVs. Y U NO use the actual h.264 video files you downloaded from wherever?

---------------------------------------------

The video is part of what makes it do that.
    I mean the h.264 MP4 video files; I could have just inserted my own video files.

Nevertheless, I suppose this is a better "self-contained" solution to include the MP4 videos as well...
    Last edited by NM64; March 31st, 2014 at 09:59 PM.

These are tests, not the final version, also init.tjs is the file which has the changes that allow for the widescreen. What were you expecting?

Also I don't think that video is a downscale of my WMV, it would look way worse if it was. Pretty sure he took it from MeruP's patch since that's where he got the codec. I have a 1080p DL of Fate's OP that I can use for the final version, but first I want it to actually work properly. After all, I can't just say "just watch it in fullscreen" because you pointed out yourself that unless you have a really high quality CPU, it will put plenty of stress on your computer.
    Last edited by Jacktheinfinite101; March 31st, 2014 at 10:09 PM.
    Memorable quotes

I have a 1080P of the Fate OP which looks near perfect (which is what I was using to make those test videos), I also have a pretty good 1080P of Heaven's Feel, the only one I don't have a good copy of is Unlimited Blade Works.

I'd like to see your Heaven's Feel. I have a perfect 1080p of Fate and those are easy to find so even if I didn't I wouldn't be hurting for that, but HF on the other hand......
    Memorable quotes

Banned
    Blog Entries
    How did you get it in 1080p? The original material isn't even 1080p so I'm assuamming you actually mean "I stretched it in VLC". Probably in the wrong aspect ratio too.

Quote Originally Posted by chunderninny View Post
    How did you get it in 1080p? The original material isn't even 1080p so I'm assuamming you actually mean "I stretched it in VLC". Probably in the wrong aspect ratio too.
    The Fate Vita OP was included with one of the Type Moon fes Blu-Ray releases, that's why we've had direct footage of it long before the Vita TV came out. If you recoreded the other two using the Vita TV and a capture card, you could also get decent quality vids of UBW and HF which could be unscaled to 1080p.
    Memorable quotes

As I said the Heaven's Feel one is pretty good but the encoder didn't know how to handle the dark areas so well (which is a lot of the video) it's still the best one I've found so far.
    Link
    Also at chunderminny 960x544 is 1920x1088/2(which is a common HDTV height margin of error or at least used to be) which is 1080P, so yes they're upscales but they're the correct ratio, and no I didn't make them, if I had they'd be practically flawless.
    Last edited by phazer11; March 31st, 2014 at 11:42 PM.

These are tests, not the final version, also init.tjs is the file which has the changes that allow for the widescreen. What were you expecting?
    I was expecting it to do what your screenshots showed, however the videos still get stretched to 4:3 in fullscreen and in windowed it's still running at 800x600.

Note that I'm testing with only that patch_op.xp3 file, I don't have your 700MB worth of patches downloaded - would that make a difference?
    Last edited by NM64; March 31st, 2014 at 11:46 PM.

^^
    Yeah sorry that's a camrip, so I can't use that. the only non camrips of UBW and HF I know of so far are these: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNPesnjM2Sg https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtmdnB95Uxc

From a quality standpoint, it's not as good as say this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=biL1Dbe6BC0

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nintendo Maniac 64 View Post
    I was expecting it to do what your screenshots showed, however the videos still get stretched to 4:3 in fullscreen and in windowed it's still 800x600.

Note that I'm testing with only that patch_op.xp3 file, I don't have your 700MB worth of patches downloaded - would that make a difference?
    Huh that shouldn't happen. Regardless of my other patches, that should work on it's own, I'll check just to make sure I gave you the right one, though I should have. *checks* Yep it stretches to 16:9 for me. Could you get me a screen cap of what happens when you try it?

Also did you have someone else's patches installed if you dond't have mine in? I tried it with no other patches and it literally doesn't work due to the op patch in question needing Waku Waku's calibri font additions. It will crash right in the beginning without some form of patch with the calibri fonts.
    Last edited by Jacktheinfinite101; April 1st, 2014 at 12:01 AM.
    Memorable quotes

Could you get me a screen cap of what happens when you try it?
    Do I really have to? It looks exactly the same as if that init.tjs file is not present.
    Also did you have someone else's patches installed if you don't have mine in?
    Nope, no other patches in both the save and program directories.
    I tried it with no other patches and it literally doesn't work due to the op patch in question needing Waku Waku's calibri font additions. It will crash right in the beginning without some form of patch with the calibri fonts.
    Unless, you know, you don't nuke your save data. If you've gone through the prologue already then it won't crash. EDIT: Also I already have the Calibri font installed in my Windows' "Fonts" folder. EDIT 2: Oh wait, even with Calibri not installed the VN won't crash as long as you've already passed the prologue.
    Last edited by NM64; April 1st, 2014 at 12:16 AM.

Ok I tried it again and it still stretches to 16:9, but I know why you aren't getting it now. You are replaying the openings from the Movie menu right? Try actually going to the parts in the game where they do play and see what happens.
    Memorable quotes

EDIT: Dude what the crap? Why is the forum stripping out any line breaks from my posts? Is this Beast's Lair's idea of an April Fools joke? Because as someone that uses line breaks a lot, it's really annoying...
    Try actually going to the parts in the game where they do play and see what happens.
    I do actually have save files right before the OPs play in the story, but I haven't been using them because from all my previous testing it seemed like running them in the Movie menu resulted in the exact same thing. So yes, it does work. Interestingly enough, in fullscreen, if you're running the VN at 800x600, the video will switch your display resolution to whatever your desktop resolution is. That's something I've never seen before... Oh, and this resolution patch doesn't fix the high CPU utilization if anyone cares. :P
    Last edited by NM64; April 1st, 2014 at 12:27 AM.

I care because for that very reason I need to get it to work in Windowed, because as it is, you have to view it in fullscreen not to fuck your game up, and I can't release a patch that forces your to put that level of stress on your CPU. That's why we have to fix this. I have Waku Waku taking a look and I'll continue to look. Odd thing is, I had MeruP's patch tested just to make sure it wasn't a flaw with his design, and no, it returns to normal in his design, so I don't know what I'm missing, I checked for any differences and could not find any.
    Memorable quotes

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nintendo Maniac 64 View Post
    Dude what the crap? Why is the forum stripping out any line breaks from my posts?
    Trying clearing your cache/cookies. I know it sounds like trite advice, but it's what I have to do every time this bug crops up. Don't know what causes it, just what fixes it.