Page 96 of 615 FirstFirst ... 4686919495969798101106146196596 ... LastLast
Results 1,901 to 1,920 of 12291

Thread: Fate/Stay Night [Realta Nua] PC version Mirror Moon TL insertion project

I've always said the Vita OP patch is optional. I never once said it was required.
    Well that's reassuring. I advised someone to try FSN VN and told him not to put the OP patches for the first reading... but after all these discussions I was starting to wonder if one could do that. I'd feel bad if it were mandatory.

In any case, Vita OPs should never be made mandatory as they really spoil the plot. Especially for HF.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors UnlimitedBladeWorks's Avatar
    HF Vita Opening made HF look much better then it actually is

Well sure it is astoundingly good - Heck, seeing how I harass Jack about these OPs, it's obvious that their quality is way above the old ones, and I especially think this for the HF one.
    But for people who discover the VN for the first time, seeing HF's OP is the equivalent of having lots of importants events of the route spoiled.
    HF OP
    You kindaaaaa see Saber Alter, Black Berserker, True Asssassin, Zouken, and Sakura killing everyone in it. And lots of other things.
    Last edited by Sarn; May 12th, 2014 at 11:33 AM.

Resident straight-male kuutsundere NM64's Avatar
    Maybe the Vita OPs for UBW and HF could be placed somewhere later in the story? Clannad for example puts its OP in the middle of Nagisa's route.
    HELP WANTED - Contact me if you know the original source of this song:

I don't know about you, but I would rather have them in the spot they're at in the Vita version itself. I don't claim to know better than Type-Moon, and it would frankly be ridiculous for anyone to think they have the standing to second-guess their decisions on their own work.

And the mini-spoilers, and even that's overestimating them heavily (especially since some of them are meaningless as spoilers without knowing the context), seriously you guys are blowing it way out of proportion (but I guess that's what fanatics on forums do), that the HF OP shows really only cover things that anyone who would actually go to the trouble of trying to play this VN would almost certainly already at least know a little bit about anyway. People without even a little bit of prior knowledge of it just don't get into this outside of Japan. That's just kinda the way this is.

And, by the way, both the PC (original) and PS2 OPs outside of the Fate route have always had just as much in the way of mini-spoilers, and almost entirely the same ones, too, so bringing them up specifically for the Vita OPs kinda confuses me. Not wanting to do a huge download I can understand, but that reason just sounds like throwing out just some random thing you thought up on the fly just to try to further justify your claim because you decided the download size thing wouldn't be convincing enough alone to me.
    Last edited by XerBlade; May 13th, 2014 at 09:28 PM.

Don't get confused. I'm only saying they should remain optional - which they are already. I've always defended the current positionning of OPs.
    ... Geez, the intensity of the reactions out there. "But I guess that's what fanatics on forums do".
    Good lesson though.
    Last edited by Sarn; May 14th, 2014 at 03:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by XerBlade View Post
    anyone who would actually go to the trouble of trying to play this VN would almost certainly already at least know a little bit about anyway. People without even a little bit of prior knowledge of it just don't get into this outside of Japan. That's just kinda the way this is.
    I didn't know about Dark Sakura and was spoiled about it after reading UBW but before reading HF (HF wasn't translated yet).

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors UnlimitedBladeWorks's Avatar
    Also is there anyway to put the Vita OST into this version of the game or no. If so is there any patch for it yet

Fuckin' chicken grill!!! Kotonoha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Well, ripping the OST isn't possible at this time, there's probably some other ways of going about it though.

If I remember correctly, MeruP had included in his latest HF patch the Vita tracks. So I think it's possible, in theory.
    Last edited by Sarn; May 15th, 2014 at 11:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarn View Post
    If I remember correctly, MeruP had included in his latest HF patch the Vita tracks. So I think it's possible, in theory.
    That's what we have the soundtrack for.
    Memorable quotes

Quote Originally Posted by Kinoko Nasu
    So as to stimulate the reader's imagination, I try not to write too clearly about mechanics and characters' inner workings.
    Quote Originally Posted by UnlimitedBladeWorks
    In all honesty the Ufo Anime should've included a switch that let people chose what route they wanted to watch.

... What?

UBW says "Can we include Vita OST?"
    Koto says "Not sure it's feasible."
    I say "Somebody did."

And that comes up.

Confusion level reached 100%
    Last edited by Sarn; May 15th, 2014 at 04:10 PM.

We have the soundtrack of the Vita OST already, so all one would have to do is convert to OGG vorbis and manually create the loop points; the latter isn't particularly hard but can be time consuming.

Okay.
    From a purely personal point of view, I prefer the current soundtracks to the Vita remixes, so that'd be time-wasting as far as I'm concerned. There are probably some tracks that are better remixed, but I wouldn't say that it's most of them.
    The only really value-adding thing that could be done would be an option to choose individually which track we want to replace by 2012 remixes, but that's most likely a crazy thing that'd take months of work.
    Last edited by Sarn; May 15th, 2014 at 04:33 PM.

Okay.
    From a purely personal point of view, I prefer the current soundtracks to the Vita remixes, so that'd be time-wasting as far as I'm concerned. There are probably some tracks that are better remixed, but I wouldn't say that it's most of them.
    The only really value-adding thing that could be done would be an option to choose individually which track we want to replace by 2012 remixes, but that's most likely a crazy thing that'd take months of work.
    That would be crazy, HOWEVER, the Vita version did have a feature in the options menu to switch between remixes and the original track, just not for each individual piece.

In any case MeuP made a patch for the soundtracks so I could just use that.
    Memorable quotes

So as to stimulate the reader's imagination, I try not to write too clearly about mechanics and characters' inner workings.
    In all honesty the Ufo Anime should've included a switch that let people chose what route they wanted to watch.

If I have not go crazy someone already posted a patch with the 2012 (that's the VITA you are talking about right?) in the last thread, at least I have it and I think I got it from there.

You could do the cheaty way of providing the files in an unpackaged form and a simple batch file that compiles the songs and loop files into a patch file. You'd include a readme saying "move the songs that you want to use (and their according loop files) from the folder 'all_songs' into the folder 'songs_to_use', double click the 'create patch.bat' and move the newly-created 'patch_music.xp3' into Documents\faterealtanua_savedata"

For ease of use, there could be a playlist file included that gives the user a easy-to-view complete list of song titles and their filenames (since the filenames must be left untouched for the patch compiler to work). There would likely be a note at the beginning of the readme stating to use the playlist file to determine what songs you want.

It's not that difficult, but it does require being able to read the readme.

----------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by unijeje View Post
    If I have not go crazy someone already posted a patch with the 2012 (that's the VITA you are talking about right?) in the last thread, at least I have it and I think I got it from there.
    If you have a link to it or re-upload it yourself somewhere I could easily make what I described above come true!

...though if it doesn't have any seamless loop points then I'll be greatly annoyed.
    Last edited by NM64; May 16th, 2014 at 07:41 PM.

Ok I found it, was technically in this thread http://forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthread...=1#post1408340
    I only know it doesn't crash the game I have not played long enough to see if it works correctly though

Not sure if that one's any good. If it isn't, give me some time and I'll take MeruP's and put together one that actually is good and is usable with mine.

Also side note, Nintendo Maniac, we could also (though this would be more difficult) replicate what MM did with the FSN voices, include an exe to select what songs you want replaced.
    Memorable quotes

O Beast of CaerbannogAAAAARRGH!!? castor212's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Thank you very much for those who made the patch. I have several questions: How much of the extra scene in Realta Nua got translated with in this patch? Does using the patch immediately change the OP for all three routes? WHat happened to the untranslated extra scenes, did it got deleted?

I am sorry for asking so much question, but it seems that the patch was more updated than the one given in the OP, and browsing all 97 pages was a bit too much for me.

Also, the patch posted in the op IS the most updated one, right?
    Last edited by castor212; May 17th, 2014 at 11:08 AM.
    I haz a patreon please support onegai:
    clickable fancy banner link

Currently (like, actually) finishing Apocrypha 3