Page 598 of 615 FirstFirst ... 98498548588593596597598599600603608 ... LastLast
Results 11,941 to 11,960 of 12291

Thread: Fate/Stay Night [Realta Nua] PC version Mirror Moon TL insertion project

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacktheinfinite101 View Post
    Also I really like how the prologue in this trial has you see Rin even though she's the POV character for it, reading other VNs has made me realize that approach of not letting you see the MC just because they're the POV character is antiquated as all hell
    I fundamentally disagree with this. I prefer that whatever character I'm playing as is in first-person-view, anything else just breaks my immersion as that character, especially in VN's with the occasional voiced inner monologues and thoughts. When the character we play as switches, then it's also fine to switch the first person view to that character, and making the character we previously saw things through visible, or in CG's, but in non-CG's the point of view should be the first person point of view of whoever we're playing as, and that character should not be visible, otherwise it's no longer in first person, and therefore imo no longer from their point of view, but from a third person point of view, which just breaks immersion.

Also, wow, things have gotten lively in here. Great to see.

"The world is just another word for the things you value around you, right? That's something I've had since I was born. If you tell me to rule such a world, I already rule it."

Quote Originally Posted by Rokudaime View Post
    I fundamentally disagree with this. I prefer that whatever character I'm playing as is in first-person-view, anything else just breaks my immersion as that character, especially in VN's with the occasional voiced inner monologues and thoughts. When the character we play as switches, then it's also fine to switch the first person view to that character, and making the character we previously saw things through visible, or in CG's, but in non-CG's the point of view should be the first person point of view of whoever we're playing as, and that character should not be visible, otherwise it's no longer in first person, and therefore imo no longer from their point of view, but from a third person point of view, which just breaks immersion.Also, wow, things have gotten lively in here. Great to see.
    I respect your opinion, however I will just note there's plenty of real games where you play as third person as someone and I never feel the immersion break for me. Also in general I feel that FSN is not the kind of VN where i'm supposed to feel like I am Shirou or I am Rin, they're written to not be insert characters (which stands contrast to the EXTRA games where Hakuno's lack of identity is a core element of their character and you see them all the time in 3rd person). Like if this were a proper dating sim or something, I might see player to character immersion as important, but Shirou kind of is his own character separate from the player to a much larger extent than many VN MCs.
    Memorable quotes

Quote Originally Posted by Kinoko Nasu
    So as to stimulate the reader's imagination, I try not to write too clearly about mechanics and characters' inner workings.
    Quote Originally Posted by UnlimitedBladeWorks
    In all honesty the Ufo Anime should've included a switch that let people chose what route they wanted to watch.

Resident straight-male kuutsundere NM64's Avatar
    It might also have to do with how similar the character is to yourself. If one relates to the character but not in a visual way, then it could be jarring in the same way as looking in a mirror and not seeing your body.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nintendo Maniac 64 View Post
    No guarantees that I'll get around to testing the OP video stuff super soon because I still need to download the merge project installer and stuff again (in general, if it doesn't happen before Monday then it's much more likely to happen after said Monday than before).
    Oh BTW, I was a derp - I meant Wednesday, not Monday. It may be possible for me to test video and/or resolution stuff before Wednesday, but if that testing does not occur before Wednesday then I will have much more time to get around to doing the tests after said Wednesday.
    HELP WANTED - Contact me if you know the original source of this song:

Is it wrong for me to think that the game should technically start in low quality mode as opposed to high

Quote Originally Posted by Inuhanyou View Post
    Is it wrong for me to think that the game should technically start in low quality mode as opposed to high
    Do you mean on the very first launch or Everytime? At the very first launch I definitely agree as it let's you see everything and makes selecting settings easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonamous View Post
    Do you mean on the very first launch or Everytime? At the very first launch I definitely agree as it let's you see everything and makes selecting settings easier.
    ....it should be toggable depending on whether you want it to launch in that mode or not if you select that option, but i dunno if that's even possible or not

There are things that are impossible to do with software, but you are not going to run into any of those in a project like this. The most you'll run into is hard because the engine/framework/OS/whatever doesn't have a proper way to do this built-in.

If one didn't want to use the "high quality mode", then wouldn't the user have left it unchecked in the installer?

The way I see it, if the user checked that option, then they clearly want to use it.

Besides, outside of having a display that is natively 600p (such as on an older netbook), I'm confused as to what the benefit is of using the "low quality mode" would be on any semi-modern display.

....it should be toggable depending on whether you want it to launch in that mode or not if you select that option, but i dunno if that's even possible or not
    It starts up with whatever settings were used last.

If one didn't want to use the "high quality mode", then wouldn't the user have left it unchecked in the installer?The way I see it, if the user checked that option, then they clearly want to use it.
    Pretty much, there are plenty of options I want set to "normal" by default, but I see no reason to do so with that one.
    Besides, outside of having a display that is natively 600p (such as on an older netbook), I'm confused as to what the benefit is of using the "low quality mode" would be on any semi-modern display.
    unless you hate Archer's new anime effect on one of his sprites I suppose
    HD
    original
    Memorable quotes

So as to stimulate the reader's imagination, I try not to write too clearly about mechanics and characters' inner workings.
    In all honesty the Ufo Anime should've included a switch that let people chose what route they wanted to watch.

unless you hate Archer's new anime effect on one of his sprites I suppose
    Whelp you heard the man - time to make a new swit-*gets shot*

Pretty much, there are plenty of options I want set to "normal" by default, but I see no reason to do so with that one.unless you hate Archer's new anime effect on one of his sprites I suppose
    HD
    original
    Not going to lie, it took me a solid 5 minutes to spot the difference. It's funny though because I noticed it while testing but I just couldn't find the damn difference here lol.

Another thing that's different is certain screens, like the epilogue screen, have a noticeable glow to them now.
    Memorable quotes

Quote Originally Posted by Anonamous View Post
    It starts up with whatever settings were used last.
    well ill be damned. i must have overlooked it, since the game always resets from the start after switching options on

well ill be damned. i must have overlooked it, since the game always resets from the start after switching options on
    Don't change any settings until you reach the main menu. It doesn't restart the scene properly until then.

to be more accurate if you change any settings that cause the game to reset it's current scene, while on the TM Logo, then it'll softlock the game and you'll have to close it.
    Memorable quotes

Is there no way to simply disable accessing the settings during the TM logo and such?

For example, during the Demo "trailer" thing in the Trial version, right-clicking is completely disabled even though it's just running what is essentially an in-engine cutscene.

Is there no way to simply disable accessing the settings during the TM logo and such?

For example, during the Demo "trailer" thing in the Trial version, right-clicking is completely disabled even though it's just running what is essentially an in-engine cutscene.
    I'm not sure myself but it certainly is worth trying.
    Memorable quotes

Look alive people, we have a new bug courtesy of Commander Raze. This one concerns movie playback and how it handles the resolution options.

So basically, if you're playing the game on any resolution other than the default one, in his case he was playing in 4k, then movie playback where the movie is playing fullscreen (so not that the VN itself is in fullscreen, the issue is not present there), the video playback will be super zoomed in, then upon returning from playback, the game will be set in the default resolution of 800x600, however the game will be super zoomed in, as though the game's graphics have not recalculated for the resolution change. Here's visuals of this in action:

Spoiler:

It also soft locks the resolution settings to where, you can change them, but going in and out of fullscreen will constantly reset them.

The reverse of course happens if you play on a lower resolution, with it looking like this.
    Spoiler:

Additionally I need to report more in detail on the bug I listed as the game crashing when playing openings in fullscreen mode. Turns out the game plays movies in full screen fine for me at least, however very inconsistently crashes when returning from playback to regular gameplay from fullscreen. The crash never seems to happen on the prologue OP, but sometimes and only sometimes on the route OPs, and only when playing them from within the VN play, so doing this in the movie menu doesn't trigger the crash. The real issue is that the console doesn't log the error so all we have to go on is the much more vauge message here

Memorable quotes

It's good to hear that I'm not the only person around that has displays capable of resolutions greater than 1920x1080.