Page 613 of 615 FirstFirst ... 113513563603608611612613614615 LastLast
Results 12,241 to 12,260 of 12291

Thread: Fate/Stay Night [Realta Nua] PC version Mirror Moon TL insertion project

Resident straight-male kuutsundere NM64's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacktheinfinite101 View Post
    I'm green lighting a public release. I'm going to set anywhere from tomorrow
    Hey, perfect timing to coincide with Valentine's Singles Awareness Day! Now we can spend time with our favorite Nasuverse waifus in HD!

Anyway, I suppose this would be a good time to post what is hopefully my final summary of requirements and protips and such:

Minimum requirements
    (you will get errors or run into problems with either the installer or the visual novel itself if you do not satisfy all of these minimum requirements!)

• Windows 7 with Service Pack 1 or newer
    • 3D accelerated graphics drivers
    • Sound drivers
    • 6.5GB of free space (for installer + resulting "ultimate edition" with merge patch only; source unmerged Realta Nua data not accounted for)

Recommended specs

• 2GHz dual core CPU or a GPU with hardware h.264/AVC decoding (read: any integrated or discrete GPU made in the last 10 years)
    • Enough RAM to run Windows 7 without the OS bogging down too much (at least 2GB, ideally 3GB+)
    • 15GB of free space (installer + resulting "ultimate edition" with all patches + source unmerged Realta Nua data)

Common errors and solutions

api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is missing error when trying to run the installer or the visual novel itself
    Quote Originally Posted by Solution:
    Member "kag" does not exist error when trying to run the visual novel itself (most commonly when trying to run an existing installation on a different PC)
    delete the file "config.ksc" located in the same folder as "Fate.exe" (that being the folder you installed the "Ultimate Edition" to)
    White screen after the scene with Saber in the moonlight (aka the end of the prologue)
    make sure the Media Foundation MP4 and Microsoft DTV-DVD audio and video decoders are not disabled via Codec Tweak Tool (in fact, do not disable anything on either list unless you really know what you're doing!)

"Secret" compatibility protips for geeks that know what they're doing - don't expect any help and support for these configurations!
    While the installer will not function on anything older than Win7 SP1, you can actually run pre-existing portable installations of "Ultimate Edition" on older operating system configurations - all the way back to Vista without any service pack!

But of course, there are definitely a few catches (otherwise the above-listed "minimum requirements" wouldn't be what they are):

• On all versions of Vista, the OP videos will simply not work and you'll get an error whenever they try to play. You can however simply turn off the in-game OP video functionality altogether by simply enabling "Patch" -> "Options" -> "Skip movies in-game".

• Similarly, audio drivers are only required because the OP videos will not play if you do not have them installed and you'll get stuck at a white screen. Therefore, if you avoid the OP videos altogether, you can actually run the VN without issue even if you have no sound drivers installed...though obviously you'll have no sound.

• If you don't have the newest service pack for Win7 or Vista, or heck are running either without any service pack (or alternatively have a borked c++ 2015 x86 installation that you're unable to fix), then using "high" quality graphics will result in an error. Assuming your VN isn't already set to use "low" quality graphics, the easiest thing to do is rename "patch_hd.xp3" to "patch_hd.xp3_BAK" - the next time you launch the VN, it will then run in "low" quality. This method however will disable "wide" screen mode as well, so if you want to still use that, first launch the VN and make sure that it's running with "low" quality graphics, then close the VN and simply re-rename "patch_hd.xp3_BAK" to "patch_hd.xp3" - the VN will then still start up in "low" quality mode, but you can now select "wide" screen mode as well.

Also the Vita Fate OP is by far the most demanding thing CPU-wise on older systems without h.264/AVC GPU decoding, so if you have "Play Vita OP in-game" setting disabled, you can actually get away with running the VN on much lower end hardware; the post-prologue OP only requires maybe an early 2000s single core CPU @ ~1.8GHz while everything else about the VN could probably run on even a circa-2000 ~1GHz single core CPU.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Jacktheinfinite101 View Post
    First is the bugs:
    I see the list does not include four things I previously mentioned - have these four since been fixed?

• in fullscreen with wide mode active on taller-than-16:9 ratio resolutions, the "activation area" for the mouse cursor to make the System/Display/Language/Patch menu appear is not actually at the top of the screen but located on the bottom of the letterboxing black bar that is on the top part of the screen - this is easily noticable on even widescreen displays if you simply set your screen resolution to something like 1024x768.

• The default window size for 768p displays will result in the program window "overflowing" the desktop and thereby running off the screen

• The PS2 and especially the Vita Fate OP have the bottom of the video cut off when using window sizes larger than 800x600 / 1.0x, and larger window size ratios will cut off the bottom to even greater degrees.

• Blank window and/or visual garbage when a video player progam (such as MPC-HC) is open with a video
    Last edited by NM64; February 18th, 2019 at 07:12 PM. Reason: was a derp and forgot about "Skip movies in-game"
    HELP WANTED - Contact me if you know the original source of this song:

Jack if need be I can force the installer to dump the required visual studio dll/dlls into the game folder. They are already in the installer so it's just some copy pasta.

Edit: This just in, if you can run the installer without issue, you can run the game without issue. Either way I will be around the next few days to help with troubleshooting for those in need. I am prepared to help embrace the incoming shit storm.

Also please stick a generic no warranties blah blah in the release post, especially for the installer. If something does go haywire I'm not legally responsible lol.

PS I love you guys
    Last edited by TheUnknownIdentity; February 14th, 2019 at 09:40 AM.
    ~ "I have no idea what I'm doing, but at least I'm trying."

Quote Originally Posted by NM64 View Post
    Hey, perfect timing to coincide with Valentine's Singles Awareness Day! Now we can spend time with our favorite Nasuverse waifus in HD!

My original draft of that post basically was me saying I'd finish the release video and start the upload over that night and then I realized I was being crazy so....
    Memorable quotes

Quote Originally Posted by Kinoko Nasu
    So as to stimulate the reader's imagination, I try not to write too clearly about mechanics and characters' inner workings.
    Quote Originally Posted by UnlimitedBladeWorks
    In all honesty the Ufo Anime should've included a switch that let people chose what route they wanted to watch.

So to avoid skimming past 600+ pages, will my current savefiles be okay for it when the installer does its thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Urameshi Yūsuke View Post
    So to avoid skimming past 600+ pages, will my current savefiles be okay for it when the installer does its thing?
    Yes.
    Memorable quotes

So as to stimulate the reader's imagination, I try not to write too clearly about mechanics and characters' inner workings.
    In all honesty the Ufo Anime should've included a switch that let people chose what route they wanted to watch.

I'm kind of annoyed that patch_hd.xp3 contains the functionality for both "high" quality graphics and "wide" mode support...

I'm also adding the following to my somewhat long "compatibility" post at the top of this page. Unlike the actual "common errors and solutions", no screenshots or visual guides and such will be provided for this specific section as I want to try and leave it as something only for those that know what they're doing:

"Secret" compatibility protips for geeks that know what they're doing - don't expect any help and support for these configurations!
    While the installer will not function on anything older than Win7 SP1, you can actually run pre-existing portable installations of "Ultimate Edition" on older operating system configurations - all the way back to Vista without any service pack!

But of course, there are definitely a few catches (otherwise the above-listed "minimum requirements" wouldn't be what they are):

• On all versions of Vista, the OP videos will simply not work and you'll get an error whenever they try to play. You can't avoid the after-prologue OP video (though you can use existing savedata to skip the entire prologue and OP video alltogether), but you can avoid the OP video that plays during the main story itself by disabling "Patch" -> "Vita Additions" -> "Play Vita OP in-game".

• Similarly, audio drivers are only required because the OP videos will not play if you do not have them installed and you'll get stuck at a white screen. Therefore, if you avoid the OP videos altogether, you can actually run the VN without issue even if you have no sound drivers installed...though obviously you'll have no sound.

• If you don't have the newest service pack for Win7 or Vista, or heck are running either without any service pack (or alternatively have a borked c++ 2015 x86 installation that you're unable to fix), then using "high" quality graphics will result in an error. Assuming your VN isn't already set to use "low" quality graphics, the easiest thing to do is rename "patch_hd.xp3" to "patch_hd.xp3_BAK" - the next time you launch the VN, it will then run in "low" quality. This method however will disable "wide" screen mode as well, so if you want to still use that, first launch the VN and make sure that it's running with "low" quality graphics, then close the VN and simply re-rename "patch_hd.xp3_BAK" to "patch_hd.xp3" - the VN will then still start up in "low" quality mode, but you can now select "wide" screen mode as well.

Also the Vita Fate OP is by far the most demanding thing CPU-wise on older systems without h.264/AVC GPU decoding, so if you have "Play Vita OP in-game" setting disabled, you can actually get away with running the VN on much lower end hardware; the post-prologue OP only requires maybe an early 2000s single core CPU @ ~1.8GHz while everything else about the VN could probably run on even a circa-2000 ~1GHz single core CPU.

25 minutes later edit: I re-worded a bit of the content in the spoiler tag for better clarity.

Additional 30 minutes later edit: More re-wording done for better clarity on even more stuff. I've also added both this and the previous re-wording to my big "requirements and recommendations" post at the top of this page.

EDIT 3: Yet more re-wording - I think this makes one revision each for the three "protips", so hopefully I'm done editing this stuff now. Again, I've also copied the modifications into my "requirements and recommendations" post.
    Last edited by NM64; February 14th, 2019 at 09:44 PM. Reason: because

Jack, since you haven't released it yet, may I have the updated list of contributors? I would like to update the readme for the installer as it still has an incomplete/outdated list of contributors.
    Last edited by TheUnknownIdentity; February 15th, 2019 at 08:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonamous View Post
    Jack, since you haven't released it yet, may I have the updated list of contributors? I would like to update the readme for the installer as it still has an incomplete/outdated list if contributors.
    Sure I'll get that over to you.
    Memorable quotes

I would like to update the readme for the installer as it still has an incomplete/outdated list of contributors.
    This implies you'll be rebuilding the installer - is there any chance of my upscaled 64x64 installer icon making it in? (assuming it hasn't already, but nobody said anything at all about it)

This implies you'll be rebuilding the installer - is there any chance of my upscaled 64x64 installer icon making it in? (assuming it hasn't already, but nobody said anything at all about it)
    Looking into doing that now. It is just a file replacement, converting it to an icon now. Also, I guess I missed the dll screenshot on that page too. Would have told me right away that it wasn't going to fly on vista pre sp3.Unfortunately it automatically gets cropped during the build.
    Last edited by TheUnknownIdentity; February 15th, 2019 at 10:46 PM.

Unfortunately it automatically gets cropped during the build.
    What does it crop it to? If it wants it to be 48x48 then that's easy enough to downsize the image to before converting to ICO.

But if it wants it to be 32x32 then there's no point...

What does it crop it to? If it wants it to be 48x48 then that's easy enough to downsize the image to before converting to ICO.

But if it wants it to be 32x32 then there's no point...
    It unfortunately is 32x32. It is annoying though cause the image itself is unchanged it scales it in memory.

It is annoying though cause the image itself is unchanged it scales it in memory.
    dats dum

Image files larger than 256x256 can be stored in the ICO file in PNG format.Icons look great on high DPI displays.

Quote Originally Posted by uyjulian View Post
    Image files larger than 256x256 can be stored in the ICO file in PNG format.Icons look great on high DPI displays.
    So a solution was found? Great news

Thing is though, unless we use a completely different icon, we don't actually have a version that's even decently close to high-res...

Quote Originally Posted by uyjulian View Post
    Yeah but pyinstaller won't allow it. I tried it won't take it. If you can figure out how let me know along with another issue I hopefully just nuked.

You might be able to insert the icon using windres.

Just figured I'd drop in to let everyone know the uploads are proceeding and I will have it go public tomorrow.
    Memorable quotes

already!? holy crap...