Page 593 of 615 FirstFirst ... 93493543583588591592593594595598603 ... LastLast
Results 11,841 to 11,860 of 12291

Thread: Fate/Stay Night [Realta Nua] PC version Mirror Moon TL insertion project

my good sir, may i have the pre alpha/beta/beta two, patch?

Quote Originally Posted by Nintendo Maniac 64 View Post
    I wonder if there will be a "Beta 2" or the like?

(and yes I realize I still have not does the things that I said I would be able to do - these last 2 months have had me way more occupied than usual)
    I'm sure my once more disappearance from the forum should serve to the fact that I've been in the same boat. Thank god Quibi extended his vacation because the intention was for the the beta to go public during his break...........clearly the schedule on that did not work out. Hell it's 5AM for me and I've been up putting the final touches on a release video I've been working on for the public release (even if it's in beta, you only get one launch so I want to make it special), which is all fine and dandy but I have to go to work in the afternoon so RIP my goddamn sleep.

All of that said, knowing Quibi won't be back literally tomorrow does help me relax on this a little bit. I was rushing to get things uploading while I was at work, but if there's some free time I might as well incorporate any fixes or changes that have been occurring (I actually got a PM last month that I just opened where someone spotted an instance of Heracles being called Hercales by Illya). So after I leave work tomorrow I'll regroup with everyone here and go over the current problems I've noticed and hand out private beta tests to people who requested them (and I'll probably re-send you one, Nintendo Maniac since that one's a bit outdated now.)

While I sleep, here's the bug list I have:
    -switching from full screen to wide screen and back creates white line
    -switching from SD to HD causes Decensored H CGs to not play in H scenes-mature content CGs don't display unless you switch fom HD to SD then back to HD, and they only display in HD mode
    -"Music Menu song bug" (good job me, I have no idea what this problem is or if it's been fixed, thank you for being so specific in your notes, past me)
    -Openings crash if ctrl'ed through when in fullscreen
    -Skipping H scenes sometimes crashes the game
    -The SE menu will crash the game if you have the play button selected and press up
    -The RN title is misaligned slightly

Also this isn't a bug but I want to fix it anyway. The ending poem in the Fate Route reads "a new day will dawn", but if the HD patch is active, which uses the mobile version's assets, it will read "a new day will down" so yes, THEY CHANGED SOMETHING CORRECTLY SPELLED TO BE MISPELLED, GOOD JOB GUYS. So if I could get an image editor to touch that up I'd really appreciate it.

Finally since we have time anyway, I'd like to implement the suggestion of having the installer get rid of the old xp3 files in the save folder. That said, I don't necessarily want them to be deleted because I don't want people to loose their old patches if, for whatever reason, they prefer the older release. There's not a reason I can think of but it's good future proofing so, instead I'd like them to be moved to a subfolder or archived if that's possible. So since I have no knowledge of how to modify an installer, if someone smart has the time to show me how to do it or do it for me (either one is fine), I'd be glad to give them my time and or send it their way.

Thanks, I'll be back later today to check in on things.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yamato View Post
    my good sir, may i have the pre alpha/beta/beta two, patch?
    Also yes you may, I'll have it up either later today or tomorrow.

- - - Updated - - -

Fuck, tired, keep forgetting things. Whoever's been involved on the project, please let me know if you have, or if someone knows the full group of people involved then that person tell me so that I can credit everyone properly. Since I've been away for long periods I don't want to miss anyone who has been involved while I was not around.
    Memorable quotes

Quote Originally Posted by Kinoko Nasu
    So as to stimulate the reader's imagination, I try not to write too clearly about mechanics and characters' inner workings.
    Quote Originally Posted by UnlimitedBladeWorks
    In all honesty the Ufo Anime should've included a switch that let people chose what route they wanted to watch.

Resident straight-male kuutsundere NM64's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacktheinfinite101 View Post
    So after I leave work tomorrow I'll regroup with everyone here and go over the current problems I've noticed and hand out private beta tests to people who requested them (and I'll probably re-send you one, Nintendo Maniac since that one's a bit outdated now.)
    Good, because I still never got around to testing the video and resolution stuff. :P Things have finally massively calmed down on my side so I can actually go through with doing that, but at this point it'd make more sense to just wait and use this aforementioned "beta 2" or whatever you end up calling it.

Additionally I did have several visual improvements I wanted to test out first hand before possibly insisting that such things be implemented.

Also this isn't a bug but I want to fix it anyway. The ending poem in the Fate Route reads "a new day will dawn", but if the HD patch is active, which uses the mobile version's assets, it will read "a new day will down" so yes, THEY CHANGED SOMETHING CORRECTLY SPELLED TO BE MISPELLED, GOOD JOB GUYS. So if I could get an image editor to touch that up I'd really appreciate it.
    If I'm understanding the nature of this correctly, then it should be a really easy fix for me. Nevertheless, I'm having trouble finding the image(s) in question, so perhaps you could hook me up with that as well? I'll need copies of both versions of the image BTW.

- - - Updated - - -

What about the guy on the previous page that basically started this entire recent conversation of a "beta 2"?

Quote Originally Posted by Inuhanyou View Post
    I can never keep track of all of the versions of the game considering its constantly being worked on in various ways, thats why i have never tried before, it always seemed so daunting.

with that in mind...first off i guess i should ask, is the "ultimate edition" even a thing that average users can acquire(since you say that the beta, which you need is not available to even acquire), and if it is, what do i need to do to acquire it?

If you can explain step by step for a mental incompetent that would be great :P
    HELP WANTED - Contact me if you know the original source of this song:

I'm sure my once more disappearance from the forum should serve to the fact that I've been in the same boat. Thank god Quibi extended his vacation because the intention was for the the beta to go public during his break...........clearly the schedule on that did not work out. Hell it's 5AM for me and I've been up putting the final touches on a release video I've been working on for the public release (even if it's in beta, you only get one launch so I want to make it special), which is all fine and dandy but I have to go to work in the afternoon so RIP my goddamn sleep.

All of that said, knowing Quibi won't be back literally tomorrow does help me relax on this a little bit. I was rushing to get things uploading while I was at work, but if there's some free time I might as well incorporate any fixes or changes that have been occurring (I actually got a PM last month that I just opened where someone spotted an instance of Heracles being called Hercales by Illya). So after I leave work tomorrow I'll regroup with everyone here and go over the current problems I've noticed and hand out private beta tests to people who requested them (and I'll probably re-send you one, Nintendo Maniac since that one's a bit outdated now.)

While I sleep, here's the bug list I have:
    -switching from full screen to wide screen and back creates white line
    -switching from SD to HD causes Decensored H CGs to not play in H scenes-mature content CGs don't display unless you switch fom HD to SD then back to HD, and they only display in HD mode
    -"Music Menu song bug" (good job me, I have no idea what this problem is or if it's been fixed, thank you for being so specific in your notes, past me)
    -Openings crash if ctrl'ed through when in fullscreen
    -Skipping H scenes sometimes crashes the game
    -The SE menu will crash the game if you have the play button selected and press up
    -The RN title is misaligned slightly

Finally since we have time anyway, I'd like to implement the suggestion of having the installer get rid of the old xp3 files in the save folder. That said, I don't necessarily want them to be deleted because I don't want people to loose their old patches if, for whatever reason, they prefer the older release. There's not a reason I can think of but it's good future proofing so, instead I'd like them to be moved to a subfolder or archived if that's possible. So since I have no knowledge of how to modify an installer, if someone smart has the time to show me how to do it or do it for me (either one is fine), I'd be glad to give them my time and or send it their way.

Thanks, I'll be back later today to check in on things.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Fuck, tired, keep forgetting things. Whoever's been involved on the project, please let me know if you have, or if someone knows the full group of people involved then that person tell me so that I can credit everyone properly. Since I've been away for long periods I don't want to miss anyone who has been involved while I was not around.
    Ill handle the installer and send you the changed executable.

Also there are a handle full of issues with widescreen. It may just be my personal opinion but considering many things are not scaled correctly and are cutoff in widescreen mode maybe it should be disabled for now. Maybe just gray it out and put a tag that says coming soon or something.
    Last edited by TheUnknownIdentity; January 14th, 2019 at 05:00 PM.

Resident straight-male kuutsundere NM64's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Anonamous View Post
    Also there are a handle full of issues with widescreen...maybe it should be disabled for now.
    Seems silly to disable something for a "beta 2" with the reason of said function not fully working considering that, you know, it's still a beta.
    HELP WANTED - Contact me if you know the original source of this song:

Also Jack I have sent you the fixes for the "Music Menu song bug" and a 'fix' for the white line. I think you just forgot to remove them from your list of bugs.

I'm glad your not dead jack :P i was worried cause i had not seen you for a while. Glad that my inquiry somehow contributed to getting things slowly moving again on this front, even if it was just 0.1 percent

Quote Originally Posted by Inuhanyou View Post
    I'm glad your not dead jack :P i was worried cause i had not seen you for a while. Glad that my inquiry somehow contributed to getting things slowly moving again on this front, even if it was just 0.1 percent

Thanks, good to see you again too. I'll give you the beta as well. I didn't respond this morning because I figured Nintendo Maniac gave his to you already.

In regards to what Quibi said about others giving it out, I don't mind as long as you trust them not to leak it, but I want to know if they're getting it just so I can receive feedback from them.

Quote Originally Posted by Nintendo Maniac 64 View Post
    If I'm understanding the nature of this correctly, then it should be a really easy fix for me. Nevertheless, I'm having trouble finding the image(s) in question, so perhaps you could hook me up with that as well? I'll need copies of both versions of the image BTW.
    I'll send them your way.

Also Jack I have sent you the fixes for the "Music Menu song bug" and a 'fix' for the white line. I think you just forgot to remove them from your list of bugs.
    Actually I remembered why I had that there. I applied your fixes and they didn't work.
    Memorable quotes

So as to stimulate the reader's imagination, I try not to write too clearly about mechanics and characters' inner workings.
    In all honesty the Ufo Anime should've included a switch that let people chose what route they wanted to watch.

Thanks, good to see you again too. I'll give you the beta as well. I didn't respond this morning because I figured Nintendo Maniac gave his to you already.

In regards to what Quibi said about others giving it out, I don't mind as long as you trust them not to leak it, but I want to know if they're getting it just so I can receive feedback from them.

I'll send them your way.

Actually I remembered why I had that there. I applied your fixes and they didn't work.
    That's strange. What exactly is occurring? From what I recall the issue was where the song selected to be played in the music menu was playing the version set in the settings when selecting the original version of the song instead of actually playing the original version. Maybe I missed something.

I'm just about finished adding the feature to the executable. Just have to go through some testing.

That's strange. What exactly is occurring? From what I recall the issue was where the song selected to be played in the music menu was playing the version set in the settings when selecting the original version of the song instead of actually playing the original version. Maybe I missed something.

I'm just about finished adding the feature to the executable. Just have to go through some testing.
    Yes that problem still persists.
    Memorable quotes

Yes that problem still persists.
    I will take another look at it. Although testing with gentle_everyday, since it is easy to tell the difference between the remix and original, it appears to be working properly. Just to be entirely sure I will send you the exact patch I have with the installer.

Any comments before I finalize this?

I have it looking in the users Documents/faterealtanua_savedata in windows and $HOME/faterealtanua_savedata on unix systems as I believe this is the directory the savedata was forced to be in previously. If this is incorrect please let me know where it should be looking for the old patches.

Also I can remove the ending if need be.
    Last edited by TheUnknownIdentity; January 14th, 2019 at 10:07 PM.

I will take another look at it. Although testing with gentle_everyday, since it is easy to tell the difference between the remix and original, it appears to be working properly. Just to be entirely sure I will send you the exact patch I have with the installer.

Any comments before I finalize this?

I have it looking in the users Documents/faterealtanua_savedata in windows and $HOME/faterealtanua_savedata on unix systems as I believe this is the directory the savedata was forced to be in previously. If this is incorrect please let me know where it should be looking for the old patches.

Also I can remove the ending if need be.

Yes I'd appreciate the ending being remove. Everyone will be credited in both a text document and the release video.
    Memorable quotes

Yes I'd appreciate the ending being remove. Everyone will be credited in both a text document and the release video.
    Ok, was more or less just as a teaser anyway. I'll have it uploaded as soon as it finishes 'compiling'

Edit: That awkward moment when it finishes and you realize that you forgot to uncomment all the actual installer stuff. Opps.

I found and fixed a bug in the uninstaller too, not that anyone will ever want to use it. I will upload it in the morning. The readme is actually within the installer so if you need me to rebuild it with an up-to-date one let me know as there are still some sections marked Todo.
    Last edited by TheUnknownIdentity; January 15th, 2019 at 12:04 AM.

I found and fixed a bug in the uninstaller too, not that anyone will ever want to use it. I will upload it in the morning. The readme is actually within the installer so if you need me to rebuild it with an up-to-date one let me know as there are still some sections marked Todo.
    That's actually important because if people do a hard, non-portable installation, they need to uninstall it to free the space back up. I actually was aware of this issue and I'm glad you fixed it.
    Memorable quotes

Blog Entries
    Sorry about disappearing when the world needed me most.
    But I'm growing up as a man and it takes time.

Quote Originally Posted by Quibi View Post
    Sorry about disappearing when the world needed me most.
    But I'm growing up as a man and it takes time.
    It's fine, you've worked really hard on this. Honestly the more I can get resolved without having to bother you further the better because you've already stressed enough from this.
    Memorable quotes

It's fine, you've worked really hard on this. Honestly the more I can get resolved without having to bother you further the better because you've already stressed enough from this.
    Hey jack just a heads up I misplaced the scroll_base_*.png images so the movie menu might crash in the patch I sent you, but it's unrelated to any fix or anything it was just a mistake.

Hey jack just a heads up I misplaced the scroll_base_*.png images so the movie menu might crash in the patch I sent you, but it's unrelated to any fix or anything it was just a mistake.
    The movie menu isn't crashing, the history menu is any time I load a page with voice acting.

- - - Updated - - -

Well fuck me I just gave out a build to people that crashes any time you bring up the history to a page with voice acting, currently working on fixing the issue.
    Memorable quotes

The movie menu isn't crashing, the history menu is any time I load a page with voice acting.

- - - Updated - - -

Well fuck me I just gave out a build to people that crashes any time you bring up the history to a page with voice acting, currently working on fixing the issue.
    Did you take the tjs files and drop them into what you have or did you use the patch file itself. My images may be scattered about and I could have misplaced an image.

Did you take the tjs files and drop them into what you have or did you use the patch file itself. My images may be scattered about and I could have misplaced an image.
    You forgot to include all of the history menu buttons, among some others as well.
    Memorable quotes