Page 611 of 614 FirstFirst ... 111511561601606609610611612613 ... LastLast
Results 12,201 to 12,220 of 12262

Thread: Fate/Stay Night [Realta Nua] PC version Mirror Moon TL insertion project

  1. #12201
    Resident straight-male kuutsundere NM64's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Northeast Ohio
    Age
    29
    Posts
    1,685
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacktheinfinite101 View Post
    If that's the case maybe it's okay to release it to the public if the last three operating systems can all relatively easily get it up and running?
    Just to clarify, do you mean the following OSes when you say "last three operating systems"?:

    • Win7 without any service pack
    • Vista SP2
    • Vista without any service pack


    ----------------------------------------------------------------


    Oh and in case you're wondering, the hardware requirements are extremely lax - the only real demanding thing is the Vita Fate OP which requires either AVC hardware decoding (should be included in any GPU, integrated or discrete, made in the last 10 years) or a CPU with multi-threaded performance equivalent to at least ~2GHz Athlon 64 x2 or ~1.6GHz Core 2 Duo.

    But if you're running without HD OPs, then it should be able to run on anything made in this millennium - the bigger bottleneck would actually be the OS's hardware requirements (I wouldn't really recommend running Win7 with 1GB or less of RAM for example).

    Now admittedly I didn't try it on a CPU without either SSE3 (not SSSE3) nor SSE2, but similar to what I alluded to for the OS's own hardware requirements, the kinds of CPUs don't have SSE3 are 15 years old and don't even support DDR2 (which means such systems having more than 1GB of RAM was uncommon).


    And remember what I had previously said about Win7DSFilterTweaker in terms of making the OPs work! (I believe this applies to the program "CodecTweakTool" as well).
    Last edited by NM64; February 10th, 2019 at 06:43 PM. Reason: because
    Beast Lair's resident straight-male kuutsundere
    (because just "tsundere" makes people think of "Shana clones" *shivers*)

    Fate/stay night-related extended music loops @ my YouTube channel

  2. #12202
    Quote Originally Posted by NM64 View Post
    Just to clarify, do you mean the following OSes when you say "last three operating systems"?:

    • Win7 without any service pack
    • Vista SP2
    • Vista without any service pack
    I'm saying 10, 8, and 7. If those can all perform every function (even if 7 needs SP1), then I'm comfortable releasing that to the public as I figure most people have at least 7.

    That said I'm still curious why the OPs couldn't run on my Windows 8.
    Memorable quotes



    Quote Originally Posted by Kinoko Nasu
    So as to stimulate the reader's imagination, I try not to write too clearly about mechanics and characters' inner workings.
    Quote Originally Posted by UnlimitedBladeWorks
    In all honesty the Ufo Anime should've included a switch that let people chose what route they wanted to watch.

  3. #12203
    Resident straight-male kuutsundere NM64's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Northeast Ohio
    Age
    29
    Posts
    1,685
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacktheinfinite101 View Post
    That said I'm still curious why the OPs couldn't run on my Windows 8.
    It could have been similar to the issue on my sister's OS whereby something with the GPU driver's video decoder was borked and it therefore would have required using a different GPU vendor to make it work again.

    ...though I just realized, I never tried to see what happens if I run it on another Intel GPU that does not have AVC hardware decoding support! BRB need to test that - because if it actually works (after doing the Win7DSFilterTweaker fix), then it could actually mean that being able to use software decoding for the OPs could maybe be a viable workaround if anybody has similar issues?

    (this is of course assuming there's even a way to make krkrz use software decoding for the videos, whether via a user-controllable setting or even via an additional XP3 patch file).
    Beast Lair's resident straight-male kuutsundere
    (because just "tsundere" makes people think of "Shana clones" *shivers*)

    Fate/stay night-related extended music loops @ my YouTube channel

  4. #12204
    吸血鬼 Vampire Anonamous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Age
    26
    Posts
    271
    I forgot about Vista. I will try tomorrow.
    ~ "I have no idea what I'm doing, but at least I'm trying."

  5. #12205
    Is it wrong that I'm less worried about Vista than XP? Vista is newer but I can't think of someone who willingly would keep it because it's so universally hated, while on the other hand I know some people who still prefer XP for various reasons.
    Memorable quotes



    Quote Originally Posted by Kinoko Nasu
    So as to stimulate the reader's imagination, I try not to write too clearly about mechanics and characters' inner workings.
    Quote Originally Posted by UnlimitedBladeWorks
    In all honesty the Ufo Anime should've included a switch that let people chose what route they wanted to watch.

  6. #12206
    Resident straight-male kuutsundere NM64's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Northeast Ohio
    Age
    29
    Posts
    1,685
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacktheinfinite101 View Post
    Is it wrong that I'm less worried about Vista than XP? Vista is newer but I can't think of someone who willingly would keep it because it's so universally hated, while on the other hand I know some people who still prefer XP for various reasons.
    That's basically what I had said earlier. The main thing in general is that any hardware that can run Vista can usually also run Win7 without any issue, the only limiting factor being that there is sometimes, but rarely, a driver or two that will works on Vista but not on Win7.

    But assuming that drivers aren't an issue, the same given piece of hardware should actually run at least a bit faster on Win7 than with Vista.


    By comparison, there is very much hardware that can run fine and dandy on XP that will absolutely choke on Vista, not to mention there's a whole slew of older devices with drivers for nothing newer than XP.

    For example, the CPU on my 1st gen Atom netbook is comparable to a 2GHz Pentium 4 or 1.7GHz Athlon XP, but its addition of an SSD and 2GB of RAM makes it feel like a ball of fire compared to those XP-era PCs, yet Win7 on the same hardware is...not the greatest to say the least (my sister had borrowed the netbook as a second PC during grad school and they had required at least Win7 to access their wifi for security reasons; needless to say putting XP back on the thing was one of the first things I did after she gave it back).
    Beast Lair's resident straight-male kuutsundere
    (because just "tsundere" makes people think of "Shana clones" *shivers*)

    Fate/stay night-related extended music loops @ my YouTube channel

  7. #12207
    Ever Cry.Never Life Inuhanyou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    NJ
    Age
    30
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,582
    Its not even my project and i am frustrated that you guys work is already up on torrent sites even though the first official release is not even out yet, and not even proper credit given to jack, ninmaniac64 and co




  8. #12208
    Quote Originally Posted by Inuhanyou View Post
    Its not even my project and i am frustrated that you guys work is already up on torrent sites even though the first official release is not even out yet, and not even proper credit given to jack, ninmaniac64 and co
    Uhhh, we've had public releases of older versions. Perhaps said torrents are of those versions? The one we're working on I've kept a pretty tight lid on for this reason so I'd be surprised if that leaked.
    Memorable quotes



    Quote Originally Posted by Kinoko Nasu
    So as to stimulate the reader's imagination, I try not to write too clearly about mechanics and characters' inner workings.
    Quote Originally Posted by UnlimitedBladeWorks
    In all honesty the Ufo Anime should've included a switch that let people chose what route they wanted to watch.

  9. #12209
    吸血鬼 Vampire Anonamous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Age
    26
    Posts
    271
    So, I'm assuming to not worry about vista then either? The last build I sent out did work in windows 7 32 bit.Also, I would suggest someone check the torrent just to put it out of everyone's mind. My only concern is the shitstorm's intensity will increase if it is already out there.
    ~ "I have no idea what I'm doing, but at least I'm trying."

  10. #12210
    Ever Cry.Never Life Inuhanyou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    NJ
    Age
    30
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,582
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacktheinfinite101 View Post
    Uhhh, we've had public releases of older versions. Perhaps said torrents are of those versions? The one we're working on I've kept a pretty tight lid on for this reason so I'd be surprised if that leaked.
    Oh..lol, yeah probably. Still should give you proper credit though, but i see no mention of beast lair anywhere. Maybe its just my personal pet peeve, but seeing the work you guys have been putting in..especially on a free fan thing like this...its inspiring really




  11. #12211
    Quote Originally Posted by Inuhanyou View Post
    Oh..lol, yeah probably. Still should give you proper credit though, but i see no mention of beast lair anywhere. Maybe its just my personal pet peeve, but seeing the work you guys have been putting in..especially on a free fan thing like this...its inspiring really
    Just checked, yeah it's the one currently on the front page of this thread. Not sure why someone's putting up now.
    Memorable quotes



    Quote Originally Posted by Kinoko Nasu
    So as to stimulate the reader's imagination, I try not to write too clearly about mechanics and characters' inner workings.
    Quote Originally Posted by UnlimitedBladeWorks
    In all honesty the Ufo Anime should've included a switch that let people chose what route they wanted to watch.

  12. #12212
    Quote Originally Posted by Anonamous View Post
    So, I'm assuming to not worry about vista then either? The last build I sent out did work in windows 7 32 bit.Also, I would suggest someone check the torrent just to put it out of everyone's mind. My only concern is the shitstorm's intensity will increase if it is already out there.
    I mean if we can make it compatible with Vista I'm not going to say no to it. So my question is how difficult would that be, how feasible?
    Memorable quotes



    Quote Originally Posted by Kinoko Nasu
    So as to stimulate the reader's imagination, I try not to write too clearly about mechanics and characters' inner workings.
    Quote Originally Posted by UnlimitedBladeWorks
    In all honesty the Ufo Anime should've included a switch that let people chose what route they wanted to watch.

  13. #12213
    吸血鬼 Vampire Anonamous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Age
    26
    Posts
    271
    As far as I know it should work right out of the box. My phone doesn't want to let me quote idk wtf.I just have to find an virtual image and test it.
    ~ "I have no idea what I'm doing, but at least I'm trying."

  14. #12214
    Resident straight-male kuutsundere NM64's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Northeast Ohio
    Age
    29
    Posts
    1,685
    So funny thing - I think I found out the true reason why my sister's OS iinstallation wouldn't show the OPs on my Haswell desktop even after doing the Win7DSFilterTweaker fixes:

    audio drivers

    That's right, if you don't have any audio drivers installed, the OPs won't play. This is in addition to the fact that the VN itself needs proper 3D accelerated drivers in order to display anything at all, not just the OPs.

    So on my sister's actual laptop, I wouldn't be surprised if the Win7DSFilterTweaker fixes is really the only thing that would be required to make the OPs work.


    And as I just recently said, the installer seems to not require any special drivers or what not.



    Quote Originally Posted by Anonamous View Post
    I just have to find an virtual image and test it.
    Well I have a physical disc of Vista 32bit SP1... I could always "hook you up" if you need it (it'd probably take all night though due to slow internet, so please tell me whether you actually want me to do this or not).

    Oh and keep in mind that Vista SP2 for whatever reason doesn't seem to be distributed via Windows Update - you have to actually manually download it from Microsoft.com (luckily the 32bit version is only 348MB) and then run the installer.



    EDIT: Or heck, that friend of mine has a copy of Vista 64bit without any service pack, and he's dropping off some stuff at my house in two days. If you want I'm sure he could easily make an ISO copy for me.



    EDIT 2: Oh derp I forgot to say, using an Intel iGPU with no AVC hardware decoding with my sister's OS installation obviously makes no difference compared to using my Haswell iGPU as the limiting factor (other than the Win7DSFilterTweaker fixes) was a lack of audio drivers.

    And in case anybody is wondering, having a GPU with no AVC hardware decoding makes no difference with regards to Vista's inability to play the OPs.
    Last edited by NM64; February 11th, 2019 at 07:56 AM.
    Beast Lair's resident straight-male kuutsundere
    (because just "tsundere" makes people think of "Shana clones" *shivers*)

    Fate/stay night-related extended music loops @ my YouTube channel

  15. #12215
    吸血鬼 Vampire Anonamous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Age
    26
    Posts
    271
    So the installer will at least require Vista SP2. I'm still working out the Qt5 issues. I resorted to trying to directly install Qt5 but didn't give the virtual machine enough space so I have to start over.
    ~ "I have no idea what I'm doing, but at least I'm trying."

  16. #12216
    Resident straight-male kuutsundere NM64's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Northeast Ohio
    Age
    29
    Posts
    1,685
    Quote Originally Posted by Anonamous View Post
    I resorted to trying to directly install Qt5 but didn't give the virtual machine enough space so I have to start over.
    Even if you shrink (or heck even disable) the page file? That alone should give you an extra 4 to 8GB since older versions of Windows like Vista like to default to using 2x the system RAM.

    (and I'm guessing there's no hibernate file since that tends to require having proper GPU drivers installed, but disabling hibernate can additionally give more space).
    Beast Lair's resident straight-male kuutsundere
    (because just "tsundere" makes people think of "Shana clones" *shivers*)

    Fate/stay night-related extended music loops @ my YouTube channel

  17. #12217
    吸血鬼 Vampire Anonamous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Age
    26
    Posts
    271
    Quote Originally Posted by NM64 View Post
    Even if you disable the page file? That alone should give you an extra 4 to 8GB since older versions of Windows like Vista like to default to using 2x the system RAM.

    (and I'm guessing there's no hibernate file since that tends to require having proper GPU drivers installed, but disabling hibernate can additionally give more space).
    Not memory, storage. Qt5.12 install requires 43.5Gb. I couldn't resize the drive so I'm just starting over. It only takes about 10 minutes anyway.
    ~ "I have no idea what I'm doing, but at least I'm trying."

  18. #12218
    剣大神 XerBlade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Depletion Garden, Nashville, TN, USA
    Age
    34
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    845
    Yeah, that's what NM was saying. Disabling the page file and hibernate will free up more memory for storage.

    That said, storage (as we refer to storage normally) is a type of memory, not a separate thing from it. I'm assuming you're just tired.

  19. #12219
    Resident straight-male kuutsundere NM64's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Northeast Ohio
    Age
    29
    Posts
    1,685
    Speaking of 3D accelerated GPU drivers, I don't suppose the VM you're running has anything like that?

    I just realized that, even if you get the installer working on Vista, the OPs still won't work, and the VN itself require 3D accelerated GPU drivers in order to display anything (and, as I recently discovered, the OPs also require you to have audio drivers installed and working as well).
    Beast Lair's resident straight-male kuutsundere
    (because just "tsundere" makes people think of "Shana clones" *shivers*)

    Fate/stay night-related extended music loops @ my YouTube channel

  20. #12220
    吸血鬼 Vampire Anonamous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Age
    26
    Posts
    271
    Quote Originally Posted by XerBlade View Post
    Yeah, that's what NM was saying. Disabling the page file and hibernate will free up more memory for storage.

    That said, storage (as we refer to storage normally) is a type of memory, not a separate thing from it. I'm assuming you're just tired.
    Ah oh yeah I forgot. Either way I had it set to 40Gb when the required was 43.5Gb so eith way it wasn't going to fly lol.

    Quote Originally Posted by NM64 View Post
    Speaking of 3D accelerated GPU drivers, I don't suppose the VM you're running has anything like that?

    I just realized that, even if you get the installer working on Vista, the OPs still won't work, and the VN itself require 3D accelerated GPU drivers in order to display anything (and, as I recently discovered, the OPs also require you to have audio drivers installed and working as well).
    I can see if the VN runs too. I should have plenty of space. I have all the virtualization technology on n stuff but I'm not sure. I'm using vmware workstation 15.

    Edit: yes it has it.

    Installing Qt5.12 now to help figure out what the problem is with the installer. This is going to take a while.
    Last edited by Anonamous; February 11th, 2019 at 05:46 PM.
    ~ "I have no idea what I'm doing, but at least I'm trying."

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •