Page 583 of 615 FirstFirst ... 83483533573578581582583584585588593 ... LastLast
Results 11,641 to 11,660 of 12291

Thread: Fate/Stay Night [Realta Nua] PC version Mirror Moon TL insertion project

Blog Entries
    That's very weird... but wth is that resolution? what device are you playing on?

Quote Originally Posted by Quibi View Post
    That's very weird... but wth is that resolution? what device are you playing on?
    This is my laptop's actual monitor screen resolution/size 1366x768.

Quibi, that Postimage image hosting site is pretty broken if you use any sort of ad blocking. You need to load the original image by first clicking to zoom (and then maybe right-click and open the image in a new tab to see it better even then) to see the image without tons of distortion. The resolution is really fairly typical if you're seeing the images normally.

Blog Entries
    Oooh thanks, I saw something horribly wrong lol. I thought he was playing in a stretched portrait mode which was weird af.
    So it's just that you want to play widescreen and the original game stretches the window while RN doesn't.
    I think there are workarounds you can make to force that kind of resolution...

Oooh thanks, I saw something horribly wrong lol. I thought he was playing in a stretched portrait mode which was weird af.
    Ah, I see what you were seeing now. One of the many reasons I've used postimg over the years was for the direct linking to the image, a shame it's now become somewhat inconvenient.

So it's just that you want to play widescreen and the original game stretches the window while RN doesn't. I think there are workarounds you can make to force that kind of resolution...
    I did try some methods, such as a program that can change resolutions etc, broke the ui/hud and the screen was completely out of place.
    Last edited by Anon426; June 23rd, 2018 at 06:12 PM.

Resident straight-male kuutsundere NM64's Avatar
    It may be worth mentioning that the elusive "merge" project should provide native widescreen support and perfectly crisp high resolution text, but I digress...

Quote Originally Posted by Anon426 View Post
    I did try some methods, such as a program that can change resolutions etc, broke the ui/hud and the screen was completely out of place.
    Over a year ago I actually went into depth about this very thing.

The original 2004 VN, when running in fullscreen, will always change your desktop resolution to 800x600 no matter what (unless your desktop resolution was running at 640x480 when you launched the VN, in which case it will continue running at 640x480 and downscale to that resolution).

For PC-download Realta Nua (will be abbreviated as "PC-DL RN"), it will have different fullscreen behavior depending on what resolution your desktop was running at when you launched the VN in fullscreen - if your desktop resolution was running at a 4:3 aspect ratio (and only 4:3; 5:4 won't cut it), then running the VN in fullscreen will result in it changing your desktop resolution to 800x600 (again, unless you were running at 640x480 in which case the VN will continue to run at 640x480).

If your desktop resolution was of an aspect ratio of anything other than 4:3, then it will instead retain your current desktop resolution and upscale (via blurry methods) within the VN engine itself to full a 4:3 ratio image on your current display and add black bars as necessary to achieve that. However, for whatever reason, on some PC configurations, this in-engine upscaling can result in a completely broken UI or the like similar to what you've described.

So the actual solution to all this is very simple - simply set your desktop resolution to something with a 4:3 aspect ratio such 1024x768 or 800x600 (not 1280x1024 - that's 5:4), go launch PC-DL RN in fullscreen, and presto - PC-DL RN will now instead be upscaled by your GPU/display and will completely bypass the VN engine's own internal scaling, giving visual results that should be identical to the 2004 VN.

If you don't want to manually change your desktop resolution before/after launching the VN, then a basic program like reso.exe can automate the process - just select a resolution of 800x600, browse for the according PC-DL RN .exe file, click "create shortcut", and then in the future run the VN from that shortcut. Then when you launch the VN from that shortcut, it'll not only automatically change your resolution to 800x600, but it'll set it back to whatever you previously were running at once you close the VN.

Now to clarify, the image being stretched over your entire screen actually has nothing to do with that specific resolution of 800x600, rather it's down to a setting in your graphics control panel that specifies how to treat resolutions that are less than your display's native resolution (there are usually three options - scale & stretch to cover the entire display, scale but add black bars in order to preserve the original aspect ratio, or don't scale at all and add black to all 4 sides as necessary).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Catarse View Post
    I'm having a problem trying to save in kirikiroid2.
    As a side note, I've always wanted to try running the 2004 VN (and maybe even PC-DL RN if it's compatible) in DosBox running Windows 98SE/ME on a fast Android device, but I never had the tools to do so...

I mean, such VNs don't exactly take much CPU grunt - I can run PC-DL RN without issue on first gen Intel Atom underclocked to 990MHz and originally read the 2004 VN on a 1.28GHz Athlon XP (which should also have similar IPC to a 1st gen Atom). I also recall reading a non-TypeMoon VN that was also released in 2004 and ran at 800x600 on a mere 700MHz Pentium 3 without any problems whatsoever.
    Last edited by NM64; June 24th, 2018 at 10:21 PM.
    HELP WANTED - Contact me if you know the original source of this song:

Does this work on Android and Kirikroid2?

How did you make it make work, Fate stay night I mean, I spent like hours to get it to work on Kirikroid2 so can you tell me how?

- - - Updated - - -

Fam how did you get it to work?

How is this project going? Did it get delayed because you are replacing the sprites with LIVE2D animations?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AObKNKxtkMY

Actually, this post was just a thinly-veiled excuse to post that video.

Blog Entries
    Don't give me any more ideas..............
    Actually there is progress, and the wide screen mode is I think at a stable stage. I wanted to post another video with a flashier scene but I can't decide which one.
    I want to release a version next month if I can make it, otherwise it'll probably have to wait to early 2019. We'll see how it goes.

Resident straight-male kuutsundere NM64's Avatar
    Don't give me any more ideas..............
    Unless some Live2D stuff officially gets made by Type-Moon, I would think that it'd be better to not integrate this sort of "doujin" content.

I want to release a version next month if I can make it.
    Will this be the previously-mentioned beta release, or will there be a separate beta before this aforementioned release?
    HELP WANTED - Contact me if you know the original source of this song:

Blog Entries
    Beta, of course. So many changes were made that's something ought to be broken without me noticing.

It's likely that you have added enough extra scripts that the heroines have gained sentience without your noticing. We'll know for sure once Sakura kills off the others and traps you in the sunset classroom scene for all eternity.

But hey, that's what betas are for.

Blog Entries
    Nitroplus already did it

If Saber gains awareness, she'll just delete everything but the cooking scenes. If Rin becomes sentient, nothing changes other than her yelling at you more because she can't compute. Rin's fucked if Sakura gains sentience and still fucked if all of them do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    tfw no Fate/One
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    How do I get into type moon.

watch prisma illya. If your amused or aroused, keep going.

if you are disconcerted or want to call the FBI, run away
    Quote Originally Posted by weeblord View Post
    Curse those 15 year old girls *shakes fist angrily*

Beta, of course. So many changes were made that's something ought to be broken without me noticing.
    I absolutely guarantee you broke something somewhere. If you didn't I could break something if you'd like. I'm good at breaking stuff.

Um, hey there. What program should I use to run FSN RN? Internet Explorer keeps closing on me, so what app should I use?

I'm not even sure where I should start with that one.... By any chance is NM around to do one of his old incredibly detailed explanations that covers every possible thing someone could be wondering about in any parallel universe?

Quote Originally Posted by LightUnite View Post
    Um, hey there. What program should I use to run FSN RN? Internet Explorer keeps closing on me, so what app should I use?
    I'm going to go with FSN RN.

...wondering if you meant windows explorer and this was some sort of translation issue.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LightUnite View Post
    Um...You're trying to run the game with Internet Explorer? Wut? o_O You just run the game normally in Windows, you don't need to use an app...

"The world is just another word for the things you value around you, right? That's something I've had since I was born. If you tell me to rule such a world, I already rule it."