Page 596 of 615 FirstFirst ... 96496546586591594595596597598601606 ... LastLast
Results 11,901 to 11,920 of 12291

Thread: Fate/Stay Night [Realta Nua] PC version Mirror Moon TL insertion project

Quote Originally Posted by Nintendo Maniac 64 View Post
    Crazy idea - include the video file in the final "merge project" as a hidden bonus extra (perhaps in a sort of "Wakame Paradise" manner?) that you don't unlock until after Last Episode.

...or you could just post the URL into this thread.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBftAlWZcug

Here.

God, seeing my old taskbar is........weird. Like damn that was long ago.
    Memorable quotes

Quote Originally Posted by Kinoko Nasu
    So as to stimulate the reader's imagination, I try not to write too clearly about mechanics and characters' inner workings.
    Quote Originally Posted by UnlimitedBladeWorks
    In all honesty the Ufo Anime should've included a switch that let people chose what route they wanted to watch.

Resident straight-male kuutsundere NM64's Avatar
    Speaking of bonus videos, that reminds me - I think the "trailer" or whatever for the full version at the end of the 2004 Trail version may have been a video. Kind of like how DVDs will have the movie's promotional trailer in their extras, is there any chance of including such a trailer as well? (this is of course assuming that it really is a video file...I'm going to go check it right now)

Quote Originally Posted by Jacktheinfinite101 View Post
    Woo.
    HELP WANTED - Contact me if you know the original source of this song:

Speaking of bonus videos, that reminds me - I think the "trailer" or whatever for the full version at the end of the 2004 Trail version may have been a video. Kind of like how DVDs will have the movie's promotional trailer in their extras, is there any chance of including such a trailer as well? (this is of course assuming that it really is a video file...I'm going to go check it right now)

Woo.
    If you verify this video exists I'll see what I can do.
    Memorable quotes

So as to stimulate the reader's imagination, I try not to write too clearly about mechanics and characters' inner workings.
    In all honesty the Ufo Anime should've included a switch that let people chose what route they wanted to watch.

If you verify this video exists I'll see what I can do.
    Turns out it's really what amounts to an in-game engine-rendered cutscene, so there's no video file.

Technically this means there should be the according kirikiri script files necessary to recreate it with the higher res art assets and stuff, but there's the weird thing that it also shows some scenes with text dialog, and the translation is going to be different from what is actually used in the VN since the Trial ver. was translated by Insani rather than Mirror Moon.

...also the torrent for the English translation seems dead anyway, so unless I go hook up my old hard drive backups with the English Trial Ver. installer (because I still have yet to consolidate my data into a single 1TB SSD array - I only just got a 1TB SSD a couple weeks back), you'd be stuck with the Japanese Trial Ver.

And this is without taking into account that it has some fancy scrolling text overlays and stuff, and who knows if that'd work at all in the "marge projects" VN engine at all without some serious reworking.

Would it be a good idea to make the dispscroll an option for widescreen mode?

Quote Originally Posted by Inuhanyou View Post
    are you guys actually doing typographical changes here? there are a few i see that should probably be changed(kiritsugu referring to himself as a sorcerer instead of magus ect)

That's accurate. He doesn't say the Japanese word that translates to Magus in MM's TL. He uses the word used to describe "true magic" or "the five sorceries"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Anonamous View Post
    Would it be a good idea to make the dispscroll an option for widescreen mode?
    dipscroll?
    Memorable quotes

Please never delete this video - I just found out that it's one of the rare elusive YouTube videos that still has the old higher quality fmt22 encoding for not only the video but audio as well.

This is quite useful when testing various software that hooks YouTube videos into a traditional media player program.

Oh, and make sure you keep it as unlisted as well as publishing the video can result in said higher quality fmt22 encode being replaced with the lower quality 720p DASH encode's video stream.

- - - Updated - - -

...am I crazy, or does the Taiga and Ilya character sprites look sharper/crisper/cleaner than they normally would otherwise? Did you do some sort of fancy upscaling or something rather than just letting the VN use its built-in normal admittedly blurry upscaling?

Or am I just a derp that never realized that the VN's upscaling looks fine on character sprites and only looks crappy on text?

Also lawl at the 12:16AM time on the taskbar - seems I really aren't the only night owl around here.

That's accurate. He doesn't say the Japanese word that translates to Magus in MM's TL. He uses the word used to describe "true magic" or "the five sorceries"
    I see...atleast change Shirou's confession scene from like to love, the original feels so weird considering the context of the scene

I see...atleast change Shirou's confession scene from like to love, the original feels so weird considering the context of the scene
    Ages old change.

- - - Updated - - -

...am I crazy, or does the Taiga and Ilya character sprites look sharper/crisper/cleaner than they normally would otherwise? Did you do some sort of fancy upscaling or something rather than just letting the VN use its built-in normal admittedly blurry upscaling?
    I didn't do anything fancy to it.

Also lawl at the 12:16AM time on the taskbar - seems I really aren't the only night owl around here.
    Oh you have no idea.
    Memorable quotes

oh, so you changed that? excellent. its been a brainbug for years. what mirror moon was thinking, i dunno

oh, so you changed that? excellent. its been a brainbug for years. what mirror moon was thinking, i dunno
    MM's TL is notorious for being overly literal. The word used is literally "like" but the Japanese word for "love" is almost never used in Japanese culture (in FSN the only ones who use it are Saber in Gold Separation and Claudia in Death of a Saint). They actually used "love" for the Japanese word for "like" a lot of the time later on, such as the Fate route Epilogue and mid HF onwards.
    Memorable quotes

yep. contextual phrases are always a thing

Also referenced when Shirou mentions after that how that statement wasn't really accurate. There's a whole bit about how a "sorcerer" and a "magus" are actually different things, and it turns out Kiritsugu is actually a magus, not a sorcerer.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBftAlWZcug

Here.

God, seeing my old taskbar is........weird. Like damn that was long ago.
    I honestly completely forgot about that until NM brought it up just now.

- - - Updated - - -

Wow, yeah, that is absolutely not how I would have explained that nowadays.

Ok lads we can check off the black bar, the animation glitch in the typemoon intro, and the datetitle. The issue with the dashcombo is actually only present in SD widescreen which I don't see why anyone would want to do so anyway.

There black bar was actually from the Cinesco macros. There may still be small issues with it not completely covering the top or bottom border as can be seen in day 3 of the prologue.

For some reason the visual effect of inverting the colors for dramatic effect produces coloring errors, like radioactive Cu here.
    As for this one I'm only hypothesizing at the moment but it may be in part due to the scaling algorithm. Should probably try to apply the effect first in those situations and then scale it.

I'll send you what I'v changed Jack

The issue is, even on 640x480 with the HD mode off, the results are still weird colors:

Memorable quotes

The issue is, even on 640x480 with the HD mode off, the results are still weird colors:

I might be mistaken, but isn't that correct?

Quote Originally Posted by Anonamous View Post
    I might be mistaken, but isn't that correct?
    https://youtu.be/U7KMp0BUPM0?t=1074
    It should look more like that. Blue inverts to yellow.
    Memorable quotes

https://youtu.be/U7KMp0BUPM0?t=1074
    It should look more like that. Blue inverts to yellow.
    Oh

The original resolution is 800x600, correct? Does it still mess up at that? Also, possibly related, but the color artifacts on the edges of the armor are similar to what you get if you perform a invert value on the original.
    And the wrong colors look like the normal inversion with the red channel missing.
    Last edited by live22morrow; January 17th, 2019 at 09:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by live22morrow View Post
    The original resolution is 800x600, correct? Does it still mess up at that? Also, possibly related, but the color artifacts on the edges of the armor are similar to what you get if you perform a invert value on the original.
    And the wrong colors look like the normal inversion with the red channel missing.
    If I can find the framebuffer in memory it should be relatively simple to debug. As for what is the cause and proper fix is another story. Worst comes to worst and we could just dupe it with an image but I doubt it would be necessary.