Page 615 of 615 FirstFirst ... 115515565605610613614615
Results 12,281 to 12,291 of 12291

Thread: Fate/Stay Night [Realta Nua] PC version Mirror Moon TL insertion project

US Friend Code
    Why don't you just use the Ultimate Edition?
    >How is the Counterforce so useless?
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    Because, as the embodiment of humanity's self-preservation instinct, it procrastinates until problems are too big to ignore but also too big to deal with easily and safely.

Cute Snow Princess Ariel Schnee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spheromancer View Post
    Why don't you just use the Ultimate Edition?
    Because that requires Win 8, or higher. I'm using Win 7 32-bit. So I cannot use that.

I got it to working now though.

Following the link on ( https://realtapatch.tumblr.com/faq ) to ( https://forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthread.php/4745 ) I used the ( ****************************uc?id=0BwBw...xport=download ) link to download it.:)

Resident straight-male kuutsundere NM64's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ariel Schnee View Post
    Because that requires Win 8, or higher. I'm using Win 7 32-bit. So I cannot use that.
    Whoa wait what, since when? I JUST moved over from Windows 7 to Linux Mint last year and I'm basically the go-to hardware tester for Ultimate Edition, especially for use on older configurations, and I was doing a LOT of Ultimate Edition performance testing with OPs around 9 months ago - all of which were being performed on Windows 7 SP1. ...albeit 64bit Windows 7, but I really don't think that'd make a difference since the EXE itself is 32bit.

...wait, I think it might have something to do with the installer? The VN itself runs even on Vista SP2. You could either get a pre-patched copy from "places" or maybe the installer could work through Hiren's BootCD PE? (basically a live ISO for Windows 10 that can easily be launched from something like Ventoy on a USB drive or the like)

EDIT: I can at least confirm that the installer EXE itself will launch on Hiren's BootPE CD as well as WINE v8.x on Linux (Mint in my case) which could work as a solution for users that only have access to either Linux, a Steam Deck, or older versions of Windows, though I have not tested the actual patching process of the installer at this time.
    Last edited by NM64; March 2nd, 2023 at 01:28 AM.
    HELP WANTED - Contact me if you know the original source of this song:

Quote Originally Posted by NM64 View Post
    Whoa wait what, since when?
    https://forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthrea...e-Edition-2022

---

How to do a NEW INSTALL (only needed if you don't have an older installation already!):

Visit ******************folder/DMsXCIoD#ubkrOC40vxEJDAslcnScow
    Download the installer: "Fate/stay night [Réalta Nua] Ultimate Edition Setup.exe"
    Run the installer (on Windows 8 or higher). It will ask you for the folder paths to the 3 official PC Realta Nua releases.
    Follow the steps below on "How to update from an older version of Ultimate Edition".

---

Notice the part where it says "Windows 8 or higher"?

I do not have Windows 8, or higher.

Concerning the Ultimate Edition:
    - The installer is compatible with Windows 8 and higher. This is because it's Python based, and Python dropped support for Windows 7 with their more recent versions.
    - The game itself is compatible with Windows 7 and up.
    - The game has a good chance of still working on Windows Vista.
    - Windoes XP is totally untested with the current generation of engine plugins and more likely than not does not work.
    Last edited by Bohemian Waxwing; March 2nd, 2023 at 11:24 AM.

https://forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthrea...e-Edition-2022

---

How to do a NEW INSTALL (only needed if you don't have an older installation already!):

Visit ******************folder/DMsXCIoD#ubkrOC40vxEJDAslcnScow
    Download the installer: "Fate/stay night [Réalta Nua] Ultimate Edition Setup.exe"
    Run the installer (on Windows 8 or higher). It will ask you for the folder paths to the 3 official PC Realta Nua releases.
    Follow the steps below on "How to update from an older version of Ultimate Edition".

---

Notice the part where it says "Windows 8 or higher"?

I do not have Windows 8, or higher.
    Windows 10 can be downloaded from free here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/soft...load/windows10

Simply input your Windows 7 license key and it should just work

Quote Originally Posted by Alyinghood View Post
    Windows 10 can be downloaded from free here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/soft...load/windows10

Simply input your Windows 7 license key and it should just work
    Tried that before. It didn't work. My machine does not meet the minimum hardware requirements for installing Windows 10.

Tried that before. It didn't work. My machine does not meet the minimum hardware requirements for installing Windows 10.
    Check your PM box:

I sent you a direct message that should help.

Blog Entries
    I updated the installer in the mega folder to support windows 7.
    If possible, can one of the mods lock this thread? The Ultimate Edition thread should be the go-to place for support (which also needs to be renamed to 2023 ^^)

I got it to working now though.

Following the link on ( https://realtapatch.tumblr.com/faq ) to ( https://forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthread.php/4745 ) I used the ( ****************************uc?id=0BwBw...xport=download ) link to download it.:)
    I can confirm that this method of installing it does work with Window XP Pro SP3 32-bit.

Which is good.

Since my Windows 7 machine shorted out.

And I'm using my old Windows XP.

I'm just lucky that it will work.:)

Since my Windows 7 machine shorted out. And I'm using my old Windows XP.
    Ah well I guess you can ignore my PM then since it was specific to Ultimate Editon and, as stated, Ultimate Edition running on XP is just a straight-up no-go. At the very least your issue spurred on Quibi to make the Ultimate Edition installer compatible with Win7 again, so there's that I suppose.

...I do just want to say that the era of PC hardware that commonly could run Win7, that being hardware from the mid to late 2000s, tends to be the kind of stuff that people give away for free (If I were closer, I'd actually be willing to throw some of my mid-to-late 2000s desktop PC hardware your way that I have way too much of).

Heck, there's even a chance that your own XP PC is new enough that it falls within that range and can be at least somewhat "brought up to date", whether on the hardware or the software side of things. I don't know how much interest you have in fiddling with PC hardware but it's one of my main expertise if you ever need any insight (e.g. are you sure your Win7 PC "shorted out" rather than a component just dying, e.g. usually the motherboard, power supply, or hard drive?)