Page 602 of 615 FirstFirst ... 102502552592597600601602603604607612 ... LastLast
Results 12,021 to 12,040 of 12291

Thread: Fate/Stay Night [Realta Nua] PC version Mirror Moon TL insertion project

Huh......I should note that the OP playback system is completely different now than it was in 2016, however I will see if I can get those files to play naively again.
    Memorable quotes

Quote Originally Posted by Kinoko Nasu
    So as to stimulate the reader's imagination, I try not to write too clearly about mechanics and characters' inner workings.
    Quote Originally Posted by UnlimitedBladeWorks
    In all honesty the Ufo Anime should've included a switch that let people chose what route they wanted to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Nintendo Maniac 64 View Post
    BTW, be wary about navigating to the page that comes after the one where I originally posted my PS2 OP video screenshot comparison - you'll run head-first into my crappy image edits of big-boobed Rin and the according busty!Rin / slim!Sakura thread derail that eventually results in Koto having a meltdown.
    Forgot about that, didn't heed warning and caved to curiosity, slightly depressed now remembering darker days.

That said I noticed something completely innocuous thanks to that........*ignores all self control warnings telling me that derailing this thread will only lead to more misery*...........You can actually see a few pixels of Rin's underwear in the shot of her and Shirou back to back. I noticed it because you used an upscale for your joke photoshop, while the original res obscured it for me.

This amuses me mainly because apparently nobody ever noticed this, because RN's HF OP actually does feature a full on Rin up-skirt (when she's fighting the shadows, for just one frame) and they're black there while they're clearly white in the CG, so even UFOtable staff didn't know about this, hell even Ishtar wears black......until Summer where she apparently realized her error.
    Memorable quotes

So as to stimulate the reader's imagination, I try not to write too clearly about mechanics and characters' inner workings.
    In all honesty the Ufo Anime should've included a switch that let people chose what route they wanted to watch.

Resident straight-male kuutsundere NM64's Avatar
    Good news, turns out we're already using the Blu-ray copy for the PS2 OPs!

While they're lower quality than what we could achieve with that torrent I previously linked you to plus the post-processing I previously mentioned, it's still somewhat better than the super-fancy upscales (though arguably blurrier, but TBH haters of aliasing tend to be more vocal than haters of blurriness anyway).

So nothing needs to be done to the PS2 OPs for the time being.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacktheinfinite101 View Post
    You can actually see a few pixels of Rin's underwear in the shot of her and Shirou back to back.

This amuses me mainly because apparently nobody ever noticed this, because RN's HF OP actually does feature a full on Rin up-skirt (when she's fighting the shadows, for just one frame) and they're black there while they're clearly white in the CG, so even UFOtable staff didn't know about this, hell even Ishtar wears black......until Summer where she apparently realized her error.
    I believe I actually noticed it before, but to my eyes it looks more like a blade of grass which would additonally explain away the black underwear thing you describe.

I noticed it because you used an upscale for your joke photoshop
    Jokes on you, I used that and later used an improved version (read: cleaner...and bustier; it's also not the only Rin image like that) for like two years or so as my desktop background.

That's also why it's upscaled, because I could use super-fancy upscaling to get a better quality image than Windows' own upscaling.
    Last edited by NM64; January 24th, 2019 at 02:34 AM. Reason: grammar
    HELP WANTED - Contact me if you know the original source of this song:

OK Jack, I just tested the newest patch version (still only testing on my main Win7 PC for now, hopefully tomorrow and/or the next day will be dedicated to testing video OP stuff on a bunch of other PCs), and AFAICT the only changes are that character sprites are no longer fat in wide mode and that skipping the video after the prologue when your display resolution is 1024px wide no longer causes the VN to crash.

EDIT: Oh, and launching the VN with a window size larger than your display or setting a window size larger than your display will no longer result in the VN being placed over top of the taskbar - the task bar now always stays on top...unless you're switching from fullscreen to windowed mode, then the VN's program window will still go over top of the task bar.

I did notice a few things that I didn't notice previously:

If your display resolution is 800x600, then the VN will always run in fullscreen by default. Oddly enough, if you last had the VN set to wide mode, then it will continue to use this wide mode even with the fullscreen at 800x600 (I'm not sure why you'd ever want wide mode for such a resolution in fullscreen since wide mode just crops the image...)

If you use high quality combined with 800x600 in fullscreen, then right-click on the main menu, the "do you want to quit?" pop-up is partially cut off. If you additionally use wide mode, then the pop-up is really cut off.

Alt+Enter works for toggling fullscreen like it does in many PC games.

I believe I've figured out what my issue was with making the toolbar appear at the top while in fullscreen - if you have wide mode enabled but are viewing on a display with an aspect ratio that is taller than 16:9 (therefore resulting in letterboxing), the area where your mouse cursor has to be in order to make the menu bar appear is at the bottom of the upper letterbox black bar, not the top of said upper letterbox black bar. This means that quickly moving your mouse cursor to the top of the screen can actually result in the pointer skipping over the seemingly-pixel-thin "activation zone", resulting in the toolbar not appearing.

Reading through those old 2+ year posts in this thread, it seemed like it was established that setting "wide" in fullscreen would be adaptive and automatically support any aspect ratio between 16:9 and 4:3, but currently wide mode only seems to display a 16:9 resulting image in fullscreen even on the likes of a 16:10 aspect resolution. If it was adaptive, then this would avoid the wonkiness of things like being able to use wide mode for 800x600 in fullscreen (which, as mentioned above, is a pretty pointless thing to do).

Oh, and it does indeed still crash on the TM logo if you change settings such as toggling wide mode.

Also, if it's intentional for wide mode to retain the same height as non-wide mode, then perhaps it could make sense to rename the window size options to only list vertical resolution values instead, like 480p, 600p, 768p, etc? Alternatively, if it's actually supposed to retain the same horizontal resolution between wide and normal, then it could instead make sense to list the horizontal resolution by itself in the form of 640px, 800px, 1024px, etc.
    Last edited by NM64; January 24th, 2019 at 04:39 AM. Reason: because

There needs to be a lot of conditional checks for the dispacrollinf and when not do to it. One needs to be added for the pop-up I think. Idk just woke up.

That said I noticed something completely innocuous thanks to that........*ignores all self control warnings telling me that derailing this thread will only lead to more misery*...........You can actually see a few pixels of Rin's underwear in the shot of her and Shirou back to back. I noticed it because you used an upscale for your joke photoshop, while the original res obscured it for me.
    *Heavy Breathing* send screenshots of pantsu
    Last edited by TheUnknownIdentity; January 24th, 2019 at 05:53 PM.

Just found out that the dragging-and-dropping of pre-existing saves in the save or load menu is pretty inaccurate, much more inaccurate than I remember it being in other versions of F/sn.

Also we really need to make sure that the OP videos are sized to fit the current window rather than the other way around like it currently does, because the vita Fate OP is 1080p and that was massively cut off while in windowed with my current screen resolution of 1152x864 even though I was able to get the VN to fit well normally (~1024x768) via high quality + non-wide + 640x480.

And just like the OP video after the prologue, the VN retains the larger-than-previous window size of the Vita Fate OP after it has finished playing.
    Last edited by NM64; January 24th, 2019 at 04:34 PM. Reason: spelling

Just a heads up, it's looking like this "ultimate edition" may require Visual C++ Runtime 2015, but I'm not 100% certain on this just yet.

I do not know if the installer automatically installs this when it isn't present, but nevertheless it does kind of make a "portable" installation less portable than it would be otherwise (like if you had it stored on a USB flash drive, which is what I was going to be doing for testing on different PCs).

I would guess that it'd at least be 100% portable on Win10 since presumably since, due to that OS's recency, it would have Visual C++ Runtime 2015 included out-of-the-box?

EDIT: The biggest hurdle for some people may be that installing this also requires the newest service pack for any given Windows OS older than Win8. Additionally, assuming all else being equal, this would automatically make WinXP SP3 be the minimum OS requirement (therefore you can't cheat and use Win2K as a pseudo light-weight version of XP).
    Last edited by NM64; January 24th, 2019 at 05:12 PM.

Fuckin' chicken grill!!! Kotonoha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Keep going until you have a version that won't run on any computer

Just a heads up, it's looking like this "ultimate edition" may require Visual C++ Runtime 2015, but I'm not 100% certain on this just yet.

I do not know if the installer automatically installs this when it isn't present, but nevertheless it does kind of make a "portable" installation less portable than it would be otherwise (like if you had it stored on a USB flash drive, which is what I was going to be doing for testing on different PCs).

I would guess that it'd at least be 100% portable on Win10 since presumably since, due to that OS's recency, it would have Visual C++ Runtime 2015 included out-of-the-box?

EDIT: The biggest hurdle for some people may be that installing this also requires the newest service pack for any given Windows OS older than Win8. Additionally, assuming all else being equal, this would automatically make WinXP SP3 be the minimum OS requirement (therefore you can't cheat and use Win2K as a pseudo light-weight version of XP).
    The minimum requirement to build krkrz is Visual Studio 2012 so I don't see how that is.

Just found out that the dragging-and-dropping of pre-existing saves in the save or load menu is pretty inaccurate, much more inaccurate than I remember it being in other versions of F/sn.

Also we really need to make sure that the OP videos are sized to fit the current window rather than the other way around like it currently does, because the vita Fate OP is 1080p and that was massively cut off while in windowed with my current screen resolution of 1152x864 even though I was able to get the VN to fit well normally (~1024x768) via high quality + non-wide + 640x480.

And just like the OP video after the prologue, the VN retains the larger-than-previous window size of the Vita Fate OP after it has finished playing.
    If you're playing the OP with the game's default resolution set, then the game should correctly rescale back to the default resolution. The rescaling issues only apply to alternate resolutions, which I reported before you even started testing and Annon noted he could not fix.
    Memorable quotes

If you're playing the OP with the game's default resolution set, then the game should correctly rescale back to the default resolution. The rescaling issues only apply to alternate resolutions, which I reported before you even started testing and Annon noted he could not fix.
    Just for double clarification. It should work fine in the movie menu. Outside of the menu it's going to scale it and I'm not sure why.

Found another bug. If you play the OP in the text proper, then go back to the movie menu, then the movie will not play and the game will be softlocked in weird spaces of blacksreen for where the movie should play.

The first image is what happens if you're in windowed, the second is if you're in full screen and have "in frame" chosen, and the third is if you're in fullscreen and have "fullscreen" chosen in the menu

Spoiler:

The console log says "not supported media type" for some weird reason

Code:
    17:32:37 ==== An exception occured at movie.tjs(250)[(function) play], VM ip = 17 ====17:32:37 -- Disassembled VM code --
    17:32:37 #(250)             if(!opened) super.open(storage);
    17:32:37 00000003 gpd %1, %-2.*0    // *0 = (string)"opened"
    17:32:37 00000007 tf %1
    17:32:37 00000009 jnf 000000023
    17:32:37 #(10) class Movie extends VideoOverlay
    17:32:37 00000011 global %1
    17:32:37 00000013 gpd %2, %1.*1    // *1 = (string)"VideoOverlay"
    17:32:37 #(250)             if(!opened) super.open(storage);
    17:32:37 00000017 calld %0, %2.*2(%-3)    // *2 = (string)"open"
    17:32:37 -- Register dump --
    17:32:37 %-4=(real)432  %-3=(void)  %-2=(object)(object 0x008FF228:0x00000000)
    17:32:37 %-1=(object)(object 0x05BA0150:0x05BA0150)  %0=(void)
    17:32:37 %1=(object)(object 0x00D40668:0x00000000)
    17:32:37 %2=(object)(object 0x0430A968:0x00000000)  %3=(real)20.8  %4=(real)1.6
    17:32:37 -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    17:32:37 ムービー  を再生できません : Not supported media type ""
    - - - Updated - - -

Okay nevermind, you're not softlocked but if you're in windowed then the resolution issues will return after the attempted play. The good news is that going into fullscreen then out seems to fix the issue.

Spoiler:
    Memorable quotes

Quote Originally Posted by Kotonoha View Post
    Keep going until you have a version that won't run on any computer
    Don't worry I haven't forgotten about your vanilla patch, and in fact I had been thinking about suggesting a minor update (like a v3.0.1) that does nothing but losslessly optimize and re-compress the PNG art assets in your patch in order to get the file size under 30MB which would allow it to be uploaded to romhacking.net (which I found out a few months back actually has several visual novel translations) which would be doubly useful since you wouldn't have to just rely on a google drive link (Romhacking.net has been around for over a decade now) and it'd be the first version of a Fate/stay night translation actually hosted on Romhacking.net (the other versions are just links).

- - - Updated - - -

If you're playing the OP with the game's default resolution set, then the game should correctly rescale back to the default resolution.
    Actually it instead just resizes the video to fit your current resolution rather than resizing it to fit the current window size (this is most obvioius when using 800x600 with low quality and non-wide).

But even though after the video everything will look fine in the story, if you then change to wide mode, the right half of the window will be completely black.

I'm wondering if when the video is being played ingame if it's not being overridden with the videolayeroverride.

Err... I just found that setting the window to 640x480 with low quality in windowed and then playing the Vita Fate OP within the actual story results in the same behavior as with 800x600, but you get large black areas in the bottom and the right side of the video.

- - - Updated - - -

I can also confirm that the resizing of the video to your current display resolution only happens with low quality rather than high quality.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually it instead just resizes the video to fit your current resolution rather than resizing it to fit the current window size (this is most obvioius when using 800x600 with low quality and non-wide).

But even though after the video everything will look fine in the story, if you then change to wide mode, the right half of the window will be completely black.
    Okay so I just played the Fate OP while my settings were 800x600, HD mode on, and widescreen, and the window scaled to 1080p for the video, then scaled back to the settings I just listed when it was done with no error. Is this the same for you?

Edit: Spoke too soon I'll try in low quality.

Edit 2: Nope, even in low quality, the window resizes for the video playback but then successfully scales back down once it's over without any issues.
    Memorable quotes

Okay so I just played the Fate OP while my settings were 800x600, HD mode on, and widescreen, and the window scaled to 1080p for the video, then scaled back to the settings I just listed when it was done with no error. Is this the same for you?

Edit: Spoke too soon I'll try in low quality.

Edit 2: Nope, even in low quality, the window resizes for the video playback but then successfully scales back down once it's over without any issues.
    I think you're misunderstanding the difference in scaling - set your desktop resolution to something smaller than 1920px width and you'll see what I mean.

With the first scenario (high quality), the window is resized to 1920px width even if your display is only something like 1280px width.

With the second scenario (low quality), the window is resized to whatever your current display resolution is - if your desktop resolution is at something like 1280x1024, then the window is resized to 1280px width (I have no idea if the window will resize to sizes larger than 1920px width during video playback since that's quite difficult for me to test at this time).
    Last edited by NM64; January 24th, 2019 at 07:13 PM. Reason: because

I think you're misunderstanding the difference in scaling - set your desktop resolution to something smaller than 1920px width and you'll see what I mean.

With the first scenario (high quality), the window is resized to 1920px width even if your display is only something like 1280px width.

With the second scenario (low quality), the window is resized to whatever your current display resolution is - if your desktop resolution is at something like 1280x1024, then the window is resized to 1280px width (I have no idea if the window will resize to sizes larger than 1920px width during video playback since that's quite difficult for me to test at this time).

You're missing the point. I am very much aware that the opening's playback in windowed mode will always scale to 1080p regardless of your own resolution, but since you can skip the OP by a single click and there's even an option to skip OP playback in gameplay entirely, I'm not too worried about that, the issue's been noted and we'll fix it eventually, but for now, I'm more interested in what you're saying about the effects of the VN's resolution AFTER the opening is done playing. It should correctly resize itself back to the settings you have selected. It doesn't do this correctly on alternate resolutions unfortunately, but it should do it correctly if you're using the default resolution, however your comments suggest it doesn't return back correctly. Is this the case?
    Last edited by Jacktheinfinite101; January 24th, 2019 at 07:20 PM.
    Memorable quotes

Oh that issue. It only occurs with low quality, not high. Additionally, you have to have it not set to wide mode - it's when you then toggle wide that you see the issue.

I did discover another thing and another issue however.

The "resize window to screen" for the Vita Fate OP happens with any window size as long as you're using low quality and not using wide mode.

If you use a window size of 1024x768 or larger with low quality (wide or non-wide), then after the Vita Fate OP, the text will be majorly cut off, and no amount of changing the settings fixes it. This is possibly related to the 640x480 issue I mentioned above.

- - - Updated - - -

Errm... after the vita fate op with windowed + 800x600 + wide + low quality, if you then switch to high quality and nothing else, you get the same issue of the right side being cut off. Interestingly, disabling toggling "fixed size" after the issue appears will then fix it.

- - - Updated - - -

Can confirm, toggling "fixed size" will fix the issue once it appears.

- - - Updated - - -

Hey, you know after the vita fate op, when you bring up the right-click menu, the automatic movement of the mouse cursor puts it completely into the wrong spot?
    Last edited by NM64; January 24th, 2019 at 07:47 PM. Reason: because

Okay found another issue with the CG panning problem. Annon's fix for the pause menu works just fine, however this fix doesn't apply to the configuration menu or the history loader:

Spoiler:

Memorable quotes