Page 579 of 615 FirstFirst ... 79479529569574577578579580581584589 ... LastLast
Results 11,561 to 11,580 of 12291

Thread: Fate/Stay Night [Realta Nua] PC version Mirror Moon TL insertion project

I'm trying to find the section names (the slot names displayed when you save, like "The day - Prologue" or "1st Day: Recollection of ten years ago-Morning Rebirth") in Japanese. The game scripts are in data.xp3 alright, but I don't know which file they're in.
    Some section names like "Vela Gulf" and "Missing Ariadne" the references are lost on me, so I hope searching them in Japanese would help clear things up.

Blog Entries
    Look for the files ending with .fcf extensions - they're textual files with some weird format, but it's easy enough to find the titles there.

Resident straight-male kuutsundere NM64's Avatar
    Just to confirm, we're not so OCD about image quality to bother combining the luma from the mobile WebP art assets with the chroma of the PC PNG art assets, correct?

To clarify, the mobile WebP art assets are encoded with 4:2:0 chroma sub-sampling and therefore have a luma (greyscale) resolution of 1280x960 but a chroma (color) resolution of 640x480. By contrast, the PC PNG art assets are encoded in full 4:4:4 chroma and therefore have a resolution of 800x600 for both the luma and chroma. This means to achieve the absolute best quality, you would take the chroma from the PNG, upscale it by 1.6x (perhaps via waifu2x), combine it with the luma from the WebP, and then save as a lossless format with 4:4:4 chroma.
    Last edited by NM64; September 25th, 2017 at 08:25 PM.
    HELP WANTED - Contact me if you know the original source of this song:

I'm not OCD enough to have even had that thought occur to me, and I have literal OCD. But thinking of these things is what everyone has you for, right? Never change, Nintendo Maniac 64.

Blog Entries
    Unless there's a way to automate the waifu2x upscaling (rather than manually uploading to their website) I unfortunately don't see this happening as there are ~4k WebP art assets.

Isn't there an offline version of waifu2x?

But more importantly, I don't know of a way to batch convert the luma / chroma combination process. Extracting the luma is easy however - just batch convert to 256 color greyscale.

I wouldn't be surprised however if there's a way to combine separate luma and chroma sources in video editing, and assuming that one can in fact do that, you can then cheat and use the video editor as a re-purposed batch converter (though this might only work if the resolution is consistent, and it probably won't work with anything that has alpha transparency either).

I imagine the process would go along the lines of importing a folder of images as individual frames, doing the theoretical chroma separation process, then exporting to some sort of lossless 4:4:4 format. From there, you open the greyscale WebP images as individual frames, then do the theoretical chroma combination process with the lossless 4:4:4 chroma "video" you previously exported, then finally export the final project as individual PNG frames in 4:4:4 chroma.
    Last edited by NM64; September 26th, 2017 at 04:54 AM.

Blog Entries
    It's open source so there is an offline version... Huh, I was sure they didn't share the models used to upscale anime but it seems it's there. Very interesting...

Anyway, about the chroma/luma - if you can describe the process with details (or link to a site that does it) I could probably code it or find something that does it. While I doubt it will look any better, I'm always in for learning new stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Quibi View Post
    Anyway, about the chroma/luma - if you can describe the process with details (or link to a site that does it) I could probably code it or find something that does it.
    I used this as my basis, but with some key differences: https://discuss.pixls.us/t/jpeg-chro...-explained/479

First upscale a PC PNG art asset by 1.6x via waifu2x.

Import the equivalent mobile WebP art asset into GIMP (you may or may not need to convert it to something like PNG first).

In GIMP, do a "Colors" -> "Desaturate..." and select 'Lightness' (then click OK)

Still in GIMP, import the waifu2x-upscaled PC art asset as a new layer (it should be the top layer)

Lastly in GIMP, set the waifu2x-upscaled PC art asset layer "mode" to 'Color'. Now you are done and can do a "File" -> "Export As..." to save as a PNG or the like.

Quote Originally Posted by Quibi View Post
    While I doubt it will look any better
    It technically will, but we're talking the likes of the VN's 192kbps vorbis music data vs the lossless OST for both difference in file size and quality (for songs that haven't had their dynamic range ruined on the OST that is).

Blog Entries
    Downscale everything to 640x480 IMO, the only PROPER resolution for a VN.

Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Downscale everything to 640x480 IMO, the only PROPER resolution for a VN.
    But you all called me crazy for sticking with my CRT.

Blog Entries
    Yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

You know I used to think that I knew a lot about computers and how to fix some of the more problematic software issues, but damn Nintendo Maniac 64, your knowledge of the minutia with video/sound editing makes me look like a toddler in comparison!
    Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one. -Albert Einstein

In my case, usually when someone asks me for help fixing computer problems, it pretty much goes something like:
    "That's not my area."
    "What? Aren't you a computer guy?"
    "There's no such thing as 'a computer guy.' Do you honestly think anyone could ever know everything about every aspect of computers? Do you have any idea how many diverse fields there are under 'computer things'?"

If it makes you people feel better, I have literally no coding skills and am terrible with remembering command line commands.

It probably doesn't help that I greatly dislike both coding and command line, but I only ever feel inadequate about such things when I come across others on the internet that seem to be less savvy than me but yet actually have coding and/or command line skills (most of the time it's a case of people not being as knowledgeable in PC hardware).

Quote Originally Posted by Nintendo Maniac 64 View Post
    If it makes you people feel better, I have literally no coding skills and am terrible with remembering command line commands.
    Coding is my job, so there wouldn't be any point making that a point of comparison since it's only natural I have coding skills, but, as for command line commands...
    The only Windows command line commands I know are the very basics (change directory... yeah, that's basically it) and those that I have needed to know for troubleshooting purposes over the years (i.e. "ping"). As such, when I need to use a command line, I actually pretty much exclusively use Bash for Ubuntu for Windows (which, for those not in the know, is an actual thing that is built into Windows 10 Pro) to use Unix commands instead, since I've had to learn that for work... and even then, I constantly have to Google how to do anything remotely complicated.

Quote Originally Posted by Nintendo Maniac 64 View Post
    It probably doesn't help that I greatly dislike both coding and command line, but I only ever feel inadequate about such things when I come across others on the internet that seem to be less savvy than me but yet actually have coding and/or command line skills (most of the time it's a case of people not being as knowledgeable in PC hardware).
    ...Because as I said, different areas of computer-knowledge are different. I'm not a hardware guy, so I only know as much about hardware as I have a reason to know (I mean, I know a lot more about the fundamental architecture of a motherboard, since that's relevant to software efficiency, than I do about different models of motherboards). But I program for a living, so naturally I have a lot of knowledge in that area. People are naturally going to have more knowledge in their own specializations and less in other areas, even if they may all be things that could be described as being under the umbrella of "knowledge about computers."

Now that I think of it, there is one upside to my inability to code - it keeps me sane, otherwise I'd keep wanting to try to solve every little software problem and inadequacy. There are five that already stick out in my mind:

- make an MP3Gain-like program that works on vorbis (in an OGG, MKV/MKA, or WebM container) so that you can have gain adjustment without the requirement of replaygain tag support or the need to re-encode (vorbis requires it to be in 2.2dB increments instead, but that's much better than the current "nothing" we've been stuck with for well over a decade)

- add replaygain tag support to StepMania 5 that simply automatically adjusts the in-game music volume slider on-the-fly based on the current track's replaygain data

- a gecko code that swaps the "fire" and "jump" actions in in Metroid Prime Tilogy's multiplayer

- implement integer nearest neighbor scaling in Xorg and/or Wayland when the desktop resolution is an exact multiple of the width or height of the display's native resolution (only applies to when GPU scaling is being used for obvious reasons)

- ReplayGain tag support in MPC-HC and/or MPC-BE, mpv, and VLC (particularly on videos)

Of course, there's also the downside that I've had to live with the annoyance of above things not existing, particularly the first three (which are all approaching a decade old).

EDIT: While typing up this post, I thought up three more things, all of them emulator-related:

- the ability to use sinc or cubic interpolation rather than gaussian in SNES emulators (such as snes9x, bsnes, higan) without sacrificing any audio-emulation accuracy (save for the resulting audio quality being better).

- the ability to overclock the emulated N64 CPU in Cen64 (similar to the function in Dolphin)

- the ability to remap the controls of a real physical Wii remote in Dolphin

This edit originally listed five things, but two of those five I originally listed actually seem to be in development now:

- MSU-1 support in Snes9x

- Sappy/Smsh/M4A/MP2K emulation hooking/mixing in mGBA
    Last edited by NM64; October 2nd, 2017 at 06:28 AM.

Blog Entries
    That's it.
    Next version will have an easter egg featuring Rin quoting all NM tech rants.

Probably should make use of that one AU deredere!Rin (whom we know next to nothing else about), because we all know how main!Rin is with tech.

Because deep cut easter eggs are the true easter eggs.

God bless you

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacktheinfinite101 View Post
    Full release is here. Thank you to everyone who has worked so hard to help bring us to this point. You are all wonderful and I'm glad to have had your help.
    This is beautifull
    You are a god
    My servants and mages
    Sorry, my english sucks

Things

Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    Incidentally, my idea of encouraging someone is to kidnap them, starve them, and then spend hours a day slapping their bound and gagged body with my penis.

Greatest battle in history
    He-man x Shiki Satsujinki

I love the internet

OH GOD SO CUTE