Page 592 of 615 FirstFirst ... 92492542582587590591592593594597602 ... LastLast
Results 11,821 to 11,840 of 12291

Thread: Fate/Stay Night [Realta Nua] PC version Mirror Moon TL insertion project

Quote Originally Posted by XerBlade View Post
    That... actually sounds like a good idea. There's really no reason an installer shouldn't be able to do that. Also, the saves should still be compatible (or so I've heard), so the installer should be fully capable of migrating just your saves from the renamed folder to the new one....
    As long as nobody is changing from krkr2 to krkrz the saves should be fully compatible. It would be relatively easy to actually just have the installer move any file with the extension *.xp3 out of faterealtanua_savedata and move it into a backup folder.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacktheinfinite101 View Post
    I have at least one confirmed report of managing to fix that issue of the game not even opening up. Thanks to Anonamous for that last post, I was able to obtain logs of one person's attempts. I noticed the game was trying and succeeding at accessing the patches from the previous version, which are stored in a different directory than this one, basically causing the crash on the merit of being incompatible code.

While the sender of the log has yet to test removing the patches, one of the other two has, and now has it up and running. I can't thank you enough Anonamous, I would never have guessed something so obvious. Funny enough, the main reason I was spared from this problem is because I'm operating off a different computer from the one I had back when I was working on the older RN builds.

TL;DR backup and/or delete your older RN patches before you try to open this one.
    As for Fate.exe I did some poking through .rsrc and the defaults for the following debug-type settings are as follows: debug=no, forcelog=no, logerror=yes, movie_reg_rot=no

That being said they can be overridden at anytime by specifying otherwise when launching via command line. (movie_reg_rot allows you to use GraphEdit in the DirectX SDK to debug movie related issues.)

Unfortunately it looks like an actual debugging tool isn't going to fly. My knowledge of c++ isn't yet good enough. Going to have to trace function calls the hard way. (Just now realizing the logs do that too. Why the hell was I bothering with it again. Should have listened to Quibi when he said it's a waste of time)

PS: Most of what I say regarding any issue is nothing more than speculation because if I can find the issue I can fix the issue. And if I can fix the issue than I wouldn't be speculating anymore lol.
    Last edited by TheUnknownIdentity; November 10th, 2018 at 09:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by XerBlade View Post
    Also, the saves should still be compatible (or so I've heard), so the installer should be fully capable of migrating just your saves from the renamed folder to the new one....
    I can confirm that the old save data is still compatible with the new patch. I haven't played the game for a few years and just recently booted it back up with the ultimate edition patch installed. (Really needed to refresh myself on Hanafuda rules thanks to watching Summer Wars...) No issues that I found regarding save migration at all though I didn't rename anything beyond deleting my old patches and transferring in the new ones.
    Last edited by Transformer214; January 7th, 2019 at 12:22 AM.
    Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one. -Albert Einstein

I've been trying to get UBW and HF to work for hours now and nothing's worked. I tried looking through the thread but the only part that seemed to be similar to my problem didn't help. This is the error message I get:
    The last line of the dialogue box is telling me that Calibri25.tft could not be found and nothing I do seems to fix it. Both UBW and HF worked before I got through the prologue of Fate.

So upon further investigation I discovered that krkrz has the tjs debugger already built in with full functionality. Breakpoints, stepping you name it. I just don't know how to initialize it. For anybody who is wondering why anybody would want this, it would allow you to step things and check the values of function variables within their scope. Currently you can check them through the console window, but only if they exist within the scope your currently in. Which is, in most cases, the global scope which is useless all of the time.

It would likely be relatively straight forward to integrate it into vscodes debug adapter https://code.visualstudio.com/docs/e...mple-debuggers which I tried and got it to launch the game but I don't have the skills to go any further. So in a nutshell I wasted my Saturday.
    Last edited by TheUnknownIdentity; December 1st, 2018 at 10:00 PM.

just asking, may i have the new patch as my christmas present?

Resident straight-male kuutsundere NM64's Avatar
    I wonder if there will be a "Beta 2" or the like?

(and yes I realize I still have not does the things that I said I would be able to do - these last 2 months have had me way more occupied than usual)
    HELP WANTED - Contact me if you know the original source of this song:

Quote Originally Posted by Nintendo Maniac 64 View Post
    I wonder if there will be a "Beta 2" or the like?

(and yes I realize I still have not does the things that I said I would be able to do - these last 2 months have had me way more occupied than usual)
    I'm sitting here with finals approaching while reinventing the wheel trying to figure out how to reconstruct an ISO9660+UDF1.02 format DVD to add in a file. I have not studied a bit and I currently have a D or worse in all courses. To explain things better...

... can anyone give a crash course in electromagnetics and Fourier/Z transformations in less than 24 hours?

I think the only one who isn't busy or hasn't been busy the past few month is Quibi, at least he better have not been except for busy vacationing.

On another note relevant to the topic at hand, I did manage to sort out a few bugs and gave the changes to Jack. They may be a bit patchy though due to my unfamiliarity with js and code like it.

I also managed to pull the menu assets along with their positioning tables for the images from the Android version. They are webp and an xml type format so it should be 'simple' to implement them in and use them instead of the old upscaled ones for the hd patch.
    Last edited by TheUnknownIdentity; December 16th, 2018 at 10:37 PM.

Merry xmas guys =)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Yamato View Post
    Merry xmas guys =)
    Not that I don't appreciate the sentiment, but you should probably have made that post in a more suitable thread...

"The world is just another word for the things you value around you, right? That's something I've had since I was born. If you tell me to rule such a world, I already rule it."

Quote Originally Posted by Anonamous View Post
    I'm sitting here with finals approaching while reinventing the wheel trying to figure out how to reconstruct an ISO9660+UDF1.02 format DVD to add in a file.
    You can use xorriso to create .iso files in the format you want.

I'm also well versed in file compression, debugging, and other things, so anyone who is working on the project can drop me a e-mail at (my username) at gmail dot com.

I've been following this project for a while, and I'm interested in seeing it get finished. I can also do some testing on Wine on macOS and Ubuntu.
    Last edited by Alyinghood; December 27th, 2018 at 06:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by uyjulian View Post
    You can use xorriso to create .iso files in the format you want.

I'm also well versed in file compression, debugging, and other things, so anyone who is working on the project can drop me a e-mail at (my username) at gmail dot com.

I've been following this project for a while, and I'm interested in seeing it get finished. I can also do some testing on Wine on macOS and Ubuntu.
    Ah I see. I have just sent you a 'brief' email.

its been 5 years and i'm just now attempting to re-read this supposedly ultimate version as opposed to my old stand by mirror moon copy. So flipping lost

Quote Originally Posted by Inuhanyou View Post
    So flipping lost
    You realize that the version in the first post is not the ultimate edition, right? You'd need the beta version that AFAIK has not been shared publicly.

I say this because said beta should be quite a bit easier to get working than the version in the first post, so I'd be surprised if you're actually legitimately lost on how to get the beta up and running.

You realize that the version in the first post is not the ultimate edition, right? You'd need the beta version that AFAIK has not been shared publicly.

I say this because said beta should be quite a bit easier to get working than the version in the first post, so I'd be surprised if you're actually legitimately lost on how to get the beta up and running.
    I can never keep track of all of the versions of the game considering its constantly being worked on in various ways, thats why i have never tried before, it always seemed so daunting.

with that in mind...first off i guess i should ask, is the "ultimate edition" even a thing that average users can acquire(since you say that the beta, which you need is not available to even acquire), and if it is, what do i need to do to acquire it?

If you can explain step by step for a mental incompetent that would be great :P

(PS. I can't believe i've been on here for so many years and lurking even longer, and didnt know you were prominent here. Your like the premier youtuber i go to for my chillax music content)
    Last edited by Inuhanyou; January 7th, 2019 at 05:33 AM.

死者 Corpse
    I'm having trouble with the patch. I've been searching all day and can't find anyone with my problem, but some of the CGs in the Realta Nua patch aren't showing up. I just get a black screen with the regular text laid over top of it. The game plays normally otherwise, but the screen remains black outside of character portraits. It is suppose to be like this?

Edit: SHIROU THAT FUCK! HE HAD HIS EYES CLOSED THE WHOLE TIME! I HOPE BERSERKER MURDERS YOUR DUMB ASS!
    Last edited by 0ab; January 7th, 2019 at 12:02 PM.

first off i guess i should ask, is the "ultimate edition" even a thing that average users can acquire(since you say that the beta, which you need is not available to even acquire), and if it is, what do i need to do to acquire it?
    To be honest, while the beta has been shared with me, there was nothing stated about whether there is even any policy regarding sharing it to others. So at this point your best luck is for one of the people directly involved with the beta seeing your post and then chiming in with what the deal is and such.

It is worth noting however that the beta was made like 3 months ago before a sort of "holiday break", and I would not at all be surprised if development will resume soon now that we're into January (maybe we'll see a Beta2 or even a release candidate?) - in particular, there are some low-hanging fruit in the current beta that apparently really should be fixed if they haven't been already.

I can't believe i've been on here for so many years and lurking even longer, and didnt know you were prominent here. Your like the premier youtuber i go to for my chillax music content)
    I'm...not exactly prominent on here. In general I just stick to this single forum thread and will at times (though rarely) jump over to some other kind of related threads (primarily the Hollow Ataraxia voice patch thread).

Blog Entries
    You can share the beta, I don't mind. Just keep in mind there are known bugs and I won't be getting to it any time soon.

I decided to extend my trip (rip wallet) for a couple more months.
    Having fun is important.
    I'll be back... Someday. Probably.

To be honest, while the beta has been shared with me, there was nothing stated about whether there is even any policy regarding sharing it to others. So at this point your best luck is for one of the people directly involved with the beta seeing your post and then chiming in with what the deal is and such.

It is worth noting however that the beta was made like 3 months ago before a sort of "holiday break", and I would not at all be surprised if development will resume soon now that we're into January (maybe we'll see a Beta2 or even a release candidate?) - in particular, there are some low-hanging fruit in the current beta that apparently really should be fixed if they haven't been already.

I'm...not exactly prominent on here. In general I just stick to this single forum thread and will at times (though rarely) jump over to some other kind of related threads (primarily the Hollow Ataraxia voice patch thread).
    There were a few fixes I sent to Jack. I can send them your way too just keep in mind that some are treating the symptoms instead of the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Quibi View Post
    You can share the beta, I don't mind. Just keep in mind there are known bugs and I won't be getting to it any time soon.

I decided to extend my trip (rip wallet) for a couple more months.
    Having fun is important.
    I'll be back... Someday. Probably.
    By the time you come back you will never need to worry about having to find a translator for a project ever again lol. Also I'm checking my mailbox everyday. Still waiting for some postcards.
    Last edited by TheUnknownIdentity; January 8th, 2019 at 04:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonamous View Post
    I can send them your way too just keep in mind that some are treating the symptoms instead of the problem.
    Oooooooorr you could just put it together with the initial beta and call it "Beta 1.1" (I prefer stand-alone all-in-one software solutions anyway rather than patch upon patch upon patch upon patch etc).

Oooooooorr you could just put it together with the initial beta and call it "Beta 1.1" (I prefer stand-alone all-in-one software solutions anyway rather than patch upon patch upon patch upon patch etc).
    Well it hasn't been publicly released yet, so it's not technically a patch. Really it just needs Quibi's approval or for him to at least look at it. I will pack it together and send the changes your way.