Page 591 of 615 FirstFirst ... 91491541581586589590591592593596601 ... LastLast
Results 11,801 to 11,820 of 12291

Thread: Fate/Stay Night [Realta Nua] PC version Mirror Moon TL insertion project

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Wonder why it suddenly started caring about that now then. Thanks for pointing that out, feel silly for not remembering that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    Then I will ask that you pay closer attention
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    So if I'm reading this right DP is saying that the feature almost everybody hates that is bad and makes the forum objectively worse will never go away because that would negatively impact another feature that nobody has ever used and most likely never will use just in case someday, someone wants to use it. Is that right?
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    It's like if someone told me "make me a milkshake" and i was blind and they gave me the ingredients and I made a milkshake because milkshakes are good, but it turns out that milkshake was a bomb.

I find it weirder that it wouldn't have cared about it in the past but :shrug:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

Blog Entries
    The slash thing is engine related not windows. It's also fixed in the merge patch (and the HA voice patch)

O Beast of CaerbannogAAAAARRGH!!? castor212's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Be a weeb and use jp keyboard ver of /
    I haz a patreon please support onegai:
    clickable fancy banner link

Currently (like, actually) finishing Apocrypha 3

Quote Originally Posted by Quibi View Post
    The slash thing is engine related not windows. It's also fixed in the merge patch (and the HA voice patch)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacktheinfinite101 View Post
    What file controls the gallery? I've been trying to add a missing CG into the HF gallery but editing 桜ギャラリー is doing nothing. Even deleting it doesn't do anything, have you changed the file the game draws from for the gallery?.

How's your trip going BTW?
    Memorable quotes

Quote Originally Posted by Kinoko Nasu
    So as to stimulate the reader's imagination, I try not to write too clearly about mechanics and characters' inner workings.
    Quote Originally Posted by UnlimitedBladeWorks
    In all honesty the Ufo Anime should've included a switch that let people chose what route they wanted to watch.

Resident straight-male kuutsundere NM64's Avatar
    What file controls the gallery? I've been trying to add a missing CG into the HF gallery but editing 桜ギャラリー is doing nothing. Even deleting it doesn't do anything, have you changed the file the game draws from for the gallery?
    Protip: Quibi doesn't respond to questions and/or comments unless it's the very most recent post just before he himself posted.

...or at least what it always seems like to me whenever I tried to get him to answer a question.
    HELP WANTED - Contact me if you know the original source of this song:

Quote Originally Posted by Nintendo Maniac 64 View Post
    Protip: Quibi doesn't respond to questions and/or comments unless it's the very most recent post just before he himself posted.

...or at least what it always seems like to me whenever I tried to get him to answer a question.
    Nah he saw it. He just wants to enjoy his well deserved vacation.

@Jacktheinfinite101 if you can pass me the files I don't currently have I would be more than willing to help.

PS with regards to the files I don't currently have. I am unable to actually run through Quibis patch installer. That should tell you all you need to know.
    Last edited by TheUnknownIdentity; October 28th, 2018 at 12:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonamous View Post
    Nah he saw it. He just wants to enjoy his vacation.

@Jacktheinfinite101 if you can pass me the files I don't currently have I would be more than willing to help.

PS with regards to the files I don't currently have. I am unable to actually run through Quibis patch installer. That should tell you all you need to know.
    Alright, I'm a bit busy right now but I'll try to get you something you can work with as quickly as possible.

And yes, Quibi more than deserves to enjoy his vacation. Man has worked REALLY hard and I have nothing but gratitude for it, all the more reason this problem is frustrating because I SHOULD be able to handle it.
    Memorable quotes

So as to stimulate the reader's imagination, I try not to write too clearly about mechanics and characters' inner workings.
    In all honesty the Ufo Anime should've included a switch that let people chose what route they wanted to watch.

Alright so I've made some progress in killing some more bugs and I've had some testers at the helm. Strangely enough one individual with Windows 7 managed to get the OPs running despite it not working for me on Windows 8 and requiring me to upgrade to 10.

One critical issue has been identified however, one that may actually fuck up any intentions of releasing this while Quibi is on vacation. Multiple people have reported that the application just does not work period. To be more precise, two people have had windowless crashes and one person keeps being told it's already running when it clearly is not.

Right now I have absolutely no idea why it isn't working for these individuals. I even gave them my own installation of the game to run (just to bypass any possibility of it being a faulty installation) and still no good. The only possible theory I have is that krkrz is not compatible with them for whatever reason, but unfortunately my knowledge of krkrz is pretty much nonexistent so I have no way of verifying that theory nor fixing it if it turns out to be true.

If there's any computer wizes here smarter than me who know how to figure out why something is crashing when there's no crash window, I'd appreciate if you'd be willing to help in instructing how data on these crashes can be collected.
    Last edited by Jacktheinfinite101; November 6th, 2018 at 01:01 AM.
    Memorable quotes

I'm possibly a smarter computer wiz than you, but that'd largely be in hardware rather than software if anything.

However, it could possibly be a hardware difference thing - maybe missing SSE instructions, perhaps the GPU vendor and the according drivers make a difference, or even if the OS is 32bit or 64bit? Or it could be an OS think like service packs and the like (I certainly hope it isn't this though!)

As I said in my email, my own testing has been delayed due to the realization that I've much more spare motherboards/CPUs/RAM/GPUs/PSUs than I do spare hard drives and USB drives, so I can't quite do any such trial-and-error just yet...

I'm possibly a smarter computer wiz than you, but that'd largely be in hardware rather than software if anything.

However, it could possibly be a hardware difference thing - maybe missing SSE instructions, perhaps the GPU vendor and the according drivers make a difference, or even if the OS is 32bit or 64bit?

As I said in my email, my own testing has been delayed due to the realization that I've much more spare motherboards/CPUs/RAM/GPUs/PSUs than I do spare hard drives and USB drives, so I can't just do any such trial-and-error just yet...
    There's no possibly about it, you are a smart computer wiz than me.

Also it's fine I'm not in a rush.
    Memorable quotes

Well, for those people that couldn't get the VN to even run, do you know what their PC hardware was? (particularly CPU and GPU, though whether their OS was 32bit or 64bit would be nice to know as well)

Well, for those people that couldn't get the VN to even run, do you know what their PC hardware was? (particularly CPU and GPU, though whether their OS was 32bit or 64bit would be nice to know as well)
    I know one of them was 64 bit and has an amd fx 8320 and gtx 1070 (better specs than me). The other two are not around ATM but I will inquire when I next interact with them. I also want to explore another theory as I keep the installation in my documents, as does one of the people it worked for, meanwhile the one who couldn't get it to work and had 64 Bit put it in Program Files (x86) so it's possible directory might be at play somehow.

Anecdote: While I don't know the exact hardware, i'm almost certain the other two have inferior hardware by comparison to me, so that doesn't seem to be a common point between them.
    Memorable quotes

Alright so I've made some progress in killing some more bugs and I've had some testers at the helm. Strangely enough one individual with Windows 7 managed to get the OPs running despite it not working for me on Windows 8 and requiring me to upgrade to 10.

One critical issue has been identified however, one that may actually fuck up any intentions of releasing this while Quibi is on vacation. Multiple people have reported that the application just does not work period. To be more precise, two people have had windowless crashes and one person keeps being told it's already running when it clearly is not.

Right now I have absolutely no idea why it isn't working for these individuals. I even gave them my own installation of the game to run (just to bypass any possibility of it being a faulty installation) and still no good. The only possible theory I have is that krkrz is not compatible with them for whatever reason, but unfortunately my knowledge of krkrz is pretty much nonexistent so I have no way of verifying that theory nor fixing it if it turns out to be true.

If there's any computer wizes here smarter than me who know how to figure out why something is crashing when there's no crash window, I'd appreciate if you'd be willing to help in instructing how data on these crashes can be collected.
    Have them open the command prompt and cd to the directory of the installation. Then they can run 'Fate.exe >log.txt' krkrz and krkr2 are able to be run from command line. When run this way they automatically output the log to the shell. It should give some information even if nothing appears to happen at all when the game is run.

Also, make sure any user removes your config.ksc or they will have to run as Admin because it will try to store the savefiles in a directory for a user that doesn't exist.

I'm also still trying to figure out how to get some real debugging going.

If need be I can build a debug build of krkrz, this way those having trouble can attach it to the visual studio debugger and it will catch it upon an exception. This will only work if the issue is related to krkrz itself on their machine though. The only part of krkrz I can't get to build is it's debugger which is frustrating. I even got a copy of C++ Builder to load the project and it complains about missing files ../

After spending 4.5 hours fighting string declarations I got it to build. I'll translate it tomorrow and hopefully figure out how to get it to attach to the game and then things should go smoother.
    Last edited by TheUnknownIdentity; November 7th, 2018 at 12:23 AM.

I have at least one confirmed report of managing to fix that issue of the game not even opening up. Thanks to Anonamous for that last post, I was able to obtain logs of one person's attempts. I noticed the game was trying and succeeding at accessing the patches from the previous version, which are stored in a different directory than this one, basically causing the crash on the merit of being incompatible code.

While the sender of the log has yet to test removing the patches, one of the other two has, and now has it up and running. I can't thank you enough Anonamous, I would never have guessed something so obvious. Funny enough, the main reason I was spared from this problem is because I'm operating off a different computer from the one I had back when I was working on the older RN builds.

TL;DR backup and/or delete your older RN patches before you try to open this one.
    Memorable quotes

TL;DR backup and/or delete your older RN patches before you try to open this one.
    Wait, so are you saying that this "ultimate edition" uses the exact same "faterealtanua_savedata" folder name? Or are you saying that the ultimate edition does have its own differently-named folder, but it then will also access the "faterealtanua_savedata" folder if it already exists?

...that seems like a major oversight that I hope is corrected in v1.0.

Wait, so are you saying that this "ultimate edition" uses the exact same "faterealtanua_savedata" folder name? Or are you saying that the ultimate edition does have its own differently-named folder, but it then will also access the "faterealtanua_savedata" folder if it already exists?

...that seems like a major oversight that I hope is corrected in v1.0.
    The save directory is the same name, however you choose where it is located on launch. The issue is that you are not given the choice of where it is on PC RN normally, we added that feature, so the game will always look in that specific directory and no ammount of patching can stop it from doing so.

The other half of the issue is we no longer have the patches organized within the save folder, we set it to look in the game folder, but again, the routine to look in the save folder is something that happens in boot up beforehand so we can't eliminate that function with patches.

Basically, this version of the project has patches placed within the game folder rather than in the save folder, but the game will still look in the directory "documents/faterealtanua_savedata" (even if that isn't where the game is actually storing your saves) on boot up so if you have the old patches it will recognize them. Unfortunate but I'm pretty sure nothing can be done about that. It isn't a problem as long as we instruct people to remove the older patches, which they should anyway since they're wasted space at this point.
    Memorable quotes

Unfortunate but I'm pretty sure nothing can be done about that. It isn't a problem as long as we instruct people to remove the older patches, which they should anyway since they're wasted space at this point.
    So the installer can't just check if there is a pre-existing folder named "faterealtanua_savedata" and then rename it to something like ""faterealtanua_savedata_BAK" if it already exists?

That... actually sounds like a good idea. There's really no reason an installer shouldn't be able to do that. Also, the saves should still be compatible (or so I've heard), so the installer should be fully capable of migrating just your saves from the renamed folder to the new one....

Perhaps they could be yet another two options in the installer, like "import non-ultimate edition save data" as well as "backup non-ultimate edition patches and save data".

If the user has only left the "backup patches" option unchecked, then the installer should throw up a message window pop-up warning thing stating that all old versions patches will be deleted (presumably we can leave the old save data alone without issue?). If the user left both the "import saves" and the "backup patches" options unchecked, then the warning should instead state that all old version save data and patches will be deleted.

...unless it's simply not possible for the installer to delete the old patches and save data, in which case I would instead suggest to only have the "import saves" option but then still throw up a pop-up window thing stating that all old version patches and save data will be moved to the folder "faterealtanua_savedata_BAK".