Page 599 of 615 FirstFirst ... 99499549589594597598599600601604609 ... LastLast
Results 11,961 to 11,980 of 12291

Thread: Fate/Stay Night [Realta Nua] PC version Mirror Moon TL insertion project

Quote Originally Posted by Jacktheinfinite101 View Post
    Look alive people, we have a new bug courtesy of Commander Raze. This one concerns movie playback and how it handles the resolution options.

So basically, if you're playing the game on any resolution other than the default one, in his case he was playing in 4k, then movie playback where the movie is playing fullscreen (so not that the VN itself is in fullscreen, the issue is not present there), the video playback will be super zoomed in, then upon returning from playback, the game will be set in the default resolution of 800x600, however the game will be super zoomed in, as though the game's graphics have not recalculated for the resolution change. Here's visuals of this in action:

Spoiler:

It also soft locks the resolution settings to where, you can change them, but going in and out of fullscreen will constantly reset them.

The reverse of course happens if you play on a lower resolution, with it looking like this.
    Spoiler:

Additionally I need to report more in detail on the bug I listed as the game crashing when playing openings in fullscreen mode. Turns out the game plays movies in full screen fine for me at least, however very inconsistently crashes when returning from playback to regular gameplay from fullscreen. The crash never seems to happen on the prologue OP, but sometimes and only sometimes on the route OPs, and only when playing them from within the VN play, so doing this in the movie menu doesn't trigger the crash. The real issue is that the console doesn't log the error so all we have to go on is the much more vauge message here

This is related to the bug with changing from widescreen and back while in fullscreen and the like. Still need to track down what is really going on, just haven't had the time since I'm prepping to move back into school.

Quote Originally Posted by Nintendo Maniac 64 View Post
    It's good to hear that I'm not the only person around that has displays capable of resolutions greater than 1920x1080.
    I can't even remember the last time I had a screen with a resolution that low on anything. My desktop monitors have been 4K for years, my last several laptops have been either 4K or some close-enough equivalent in a different aspect ratio, I have 2 4K TVs (one older and one newer that also supports HDR), and every phone I've had since 2013 has been 2K or better (current daily driver also supports HDR). That last one was easy enough to look up, considering I can remember every specific phone model and SKU I've ever owned (including pre-smartphone) off the top of my head.

Resident straight-male kuutsundere NM64's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by XerBlade View Post
    I can't even remember the last time I had a screen with a resolution that low on anything.
    And now for the part that will result in everybody making fun of me:

I own no non-CRT display with a native resolution greater than 1920x1080.
    HELP WANTED - Contact me if you know the original source of this song:

Umm... don't change the aspect ratio or quality while playing a movie in frame mode. Hilarity ensues. I'm working on fixing it now as I found an appropriate fix for changing resolutions while in fullScreen mode.

Does anybody know what is being called when @playmovie is used? I can change the code for the videos in the moviemenu but I can't seem to find the code for when it plays in a scene.
    Last edited by TheUnknownIdentity; January 21st, 2019 at 06:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonamous View Post
    Umm... don't change the aspect ratio or quality while playing a movie in frame mode. Hilarity ensues. I'm working on fixing it now as I found an appropriate fix for changing resolutions while in fullScreen mode.

Does anybody know what is being called when @playmovie is used? I can change the code for the videos in the moviemenu but I can't seem to find the code for when it plays in a scene.
    movie.tjs?
    Memorable quotes

Quote Originally Posted by Kinoko Nasu
    So as to stimulate the reader's imagination, I try not to write too clearly about mechanics and characters' inner workings.
    Quote Originally Posted by UnlimitedBladeWorks
    In all honesty the Ufo Anime should've included a switch that let people chose what route they wanted to watch.

movie.tjs?
    DOH

Add to japanese language ?

Quote Originally Posted by osinchan View Post
    Add to japanese language ?
    Yes. It is coming with the next release.

Jack, unfortunately I am unable to fix the issue with the movies within scenes as it is currently beyond my skill level. It appears that changing the window size becomes broken upon returning. It works fine in the MovieMenu. A lot of what Quibi implemented in the MovieMenuLayer likely needs to be implemented into movie.tjs instead.

A patched a handful of bugs and added checks to prevent the user from changing window sizes, quality, widescreen etc while a movie is playing. There are changes to multiple files so I'll just rebuild the patch and send you that.

Also causeing a sceneRestart in the musicMenu causes problems as the game attempts to invalidate objects that got invalidated from the restart...
    Last edited by TheUnknownIdentity; January 21st, 2019 at 08:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonamous View Post
    Yes. It is coming with the next release.

Jack, unfortunately I am unable to fix the issue with the movies within scenes as it is currently beyond my skill level. It appears that changing the window size becomes broken upon returning. It works fine in the MovieMenu. A lot of what Quibi implemented in the MovieMenuLayer likely needs to be implemented into movie.tjs instead.

A patched a handful of bugs and added checks to prevent the user from changing window sizes, quality, widescreen etc while a movie is playing. There are changes to multiple files so I'll just rebuild the patch and send you that.

Also causeing a sceneRestart in the musicMenu causes problems as the game attempts to invalidate objects that got invalidated from the restart...
    All right, thanks for the help. Given what you told me in PM I'm guessing this'll be the last set of fixes to expect before Quibi returns. If that is the case I'll probably do the public release soon. Before that I will be discussing some minor TL changes I went over with Koto but ATM I'm a bit busy so I'll get to that later.
    Memorable quotes

So as to stimulate the reader's imagination, I try not to write too clearly about mechanics and characters' inner workings.
    In all honesty the Ufo Anime should've included a switch that let people chose what route they wanted to watch.

All right, thanks for the help. Given what you told me in PM I'm guessing this'll be the last set of fixes to expect before Quibi returns. If that is the case I'll probably do the public release soon. Before that I will be discussing some minor TL changes I went over with Koto but ATM I'm a bit busy so I'll get to that later.
    There is a tiger dojo where Fuji-Nee yells お爺さん at the end. I had added "Grandpa" at the end because I had to double check I didn't screw something up when working on the PS2 scripts. I'm only mentioning it because it still really bothers me, mainly the lack of a pause in the voice or punctuation. Maybe Koto could take a look at it.

If you had changed images and stuff they might not have made their way into the patch I sent you so you may want to double check it lol.
    Last edited by TheUnknownIdentity; January 21st, 2019 at 11:33 PM.

If that is the case I'll probably do the public release soon.
    Could you clarify your definition of "soon" - do you mean days or weeks?

Basically I was thinking about maybe (emphasis on maybe) trying to do some OP video testing stuff tomorrow, but I wasn't sure if it was wise to be doing any such tests before the movie.tjs thing and that issue Commander Raze found got sorted.

Also what about the higher quality OP videos and such that I linked you to via PM? Is that something that's going to be implemented for the public release, or is that for something like a "public release v1.1 / v2"?

Could you clarify your definition of "soon" - do you mean days or weeks?

Basically I was thinking about maybe (emphasis on maybe) trying to do some OP video testing stuff tomorrow, but I wasn't sure if it was wise to be doing any such tests before the movie.tjs thing and that issue Commander Raze found got sorted.

Also what about the higher quality OP videos and such that I linked you to via PM? Is that something that's going to be implemented for the public release, or is that for something like a "public release v1.1 / v2"?
    Oh sorry, I'll get you the updates and whatnot and wait for the results of your testing before the public release.

As for the higher quality videos, I actually think I already have those on my external from the second torrent. Will go over that as well.
    Memorable quotes

from the second torrent.
    Reminder that said second torrent truncated the 2004 OPs from 30fps to 24fps.

And also remember that the PS2 OPs will need cropping, color adjustment, and probably some sharpening as well as I demonstrated however many years ago.

Reminder that said second torrent truncated the 2004 OPs from 30fps to 24fps.

And also remember that the PS2 OPs will need cropping, color adjustment, and probably some sharpening as well as I demonstrated however many years ago.
    I see........then yeah that'll have to wait.
    Memorable quotes

I see........then yeah that'll have to wait.
    Assuming that I myself won't take a crack at it (I'm curious if the free and not-exactly pro-level software I use, Avidemux, actually can do the sort of color adjustment necessary). If I do take a crack at it and I feel my results are good, then I'll either shoot you a copy or tell you exactly the process I did so that you can just re-create it on your end and not have to worry about spending any time on it outside of the actual x264 video encoding.

Nevertheless, by wait, do you mean for a "public release v1.1 / v2"?

Also, what about the 2004 OPs? If you get them from the third torrent then I think you might even be able to use then as-is (you may or may not have to re-encode the audio), though it's also possible that you may need to cut off the last couple seconds of the the video.

If it's too much trouble to download them, then I actually have them on-hand somewhere and can upload copies of them if you'd like (I definitely know that it's on that same back-up hard drive that had the English Trial ver. of the VN, but I believe I have copies of those OPs somewhere on my primary SSD as well...). Additionally, I could even just re-encode the audio for you and cut off the last couple seconds so that you can just use the videos as-is - I just need to know what codec and bitrate you're using for the OP videos as well as what container for the whole video itself.
    Last edited by NM64; January 22nd, 2019 at 02:39 AM.

(I'm curious if the free and not-exactly pro-level software I use, Avidemux, actually can do the sort of color adjustment necessary).
    I mean you can get this for free https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/pro...avinciresolve/
    I used this in film school, I don't know if you have any color correcting experience but you might wanna give this a try?

Nevertheless, by wait, do you mean for a "public release v1.1 / v2"?
    Essentially, that level of work isn't necessarily on my time budget right now.

If it's too much trouble to download them, then I actually have them on-hand somewhere and can upload copies of them if you'd like
    I'll take that just to avoid having to see if the torrent will actually work or not.
    Memorable quotes

I'll take that just to avoid having to see if the torrent will actually work or not.
    I can confirm that I have all of the OP videos from the second torrent (the 1080p 24fps one, and I really do mean all - this includes things like the OPs from Fate/tiger colosseum) as well as specifically the 2004 30fps OPs from the 720p torrent on my PC's primary SSD drive. Do you want any of these OPs, and if so how do you want them (like do you want them as-is without me doing anything to them, or do you want me to make sure the audio is in a specific codec?).

And yes they will require cutting off the last couple seconds as they have the Type Moon copyright at the end...unless you want to retain that? Note that I was just going to use Avidemux's lossless video splice function to remove that part of the OPs without needing to re-encode the entire thing.
    Last edited by NM64; January 22nd, 2019 at 02:47 AM. Reason: It's important to clarify that the 720p copies of the 2004 OPs are in 30fps!

I can confirm that I have all of the OP videos from the second torrent (the 1080p 24fps one, and I really do mean all - this includes things like the OPs from Fate/tiger colosseum) as well as specifically the 2004 OPs from the 720p torrent on my PC's primary SSD drive. Do you want any of these OPs, and if so how do you want them (like do you want them as-is without me doing anything to them, or do you want me to make sure the audio is in a specific codec?).

And yes they will require cutting off the last couple seconds as they have the Type Moon copyright at the end...unless you want to retain that? Note that I was just going to use Avidemux's lossless video splice function to remove that part of the OPs without needing to re-encode the entire thing.
    I mean I won't complain about getting high quality video files I don't currently have, so yes I'd like them, but I'm not in a rush for them, I already have the PS2 OPs from the second torrent so all I need are the 2004 ones, and yes I'll take them trimmed.
    Memorable quotes

Jack regarding my last message. I'll still be around and fixing bugs it just won't be like the last two weeks. Anything game breaking I can put on priority and I'll have more time the first week or two of classes but after that I'll really slow down. I have to recover from getting an F in electromagnetic Fields last semester.

The newest patch i have for this beta merge project is from 2019-01-18 - is there by chance a newer version available?

As I mentioned previously, I'm thinking about possibly testing some of the OP video stuff later today, so I wanted to make sure I had the newest up-to-date build.