Page 597 of 615 FirstFirst ... 97497547587592595596597598599602607 ... LastLast
Results 11,921 to 11,940 of 12291

Thread: Fate/Stay Night [Realta Nua] PC version Mirror Moon TL insertion project

Resident straight-male kuutsundere NM64's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacktheinfinite101 View Post
    Finally, I'd also like to just note that CTRLing through the game is much slower than in previous versions of RN. I don't know if that's because all the additions are straining the hardware or not, but if there's a potential way to speed it back up that would be an improvement on the experience.
    Keep in mind that holding CTRL simply resulted in the VN running as fast as possible to the point of maxing out a CPU core. With this out of the way, I noticed that PC-DL RN is much more efficient when CTRLing than the 2004 Trial version - it takes only ~20 seconds to skip through the entire prologue for PC-DL RN, but more like ~70 seconds for the 2004 Trial version (which presumably would also apply to the full 2004 VN).

So I would say to simply CTRL through the prologue and compare it to the 2004 Trial and full versions in windowed while having Windows' "date and time" settings open so you can see how many seconds it takes. As long as it's not slower than those, then I don't think it's really an issue (I'd also appreciate confirmation that CTRLing through the prologue takes the same amount of time in both the trial and full 2004 version).

Speaking of the Trial version, looky what I found on one of my backup hard drives - a copy of Insani's English-translated Trial version!: ****************************open?id=1Xo...f0du32evQ820ve

For reference, when completing the Trial version (which consists of nothing but the prologue), it lets you access the Trailer-like ending on-demand via a "Demo" option on the main menu. One could always make a screen recording of this "trailer" while in fullscreen and turn it into a video that could be included as a bonus in this elusive "merge project".

(heck, if such a screen recording was saved as lossless, one could even waifu2x it and get a nice crisp 1600x1200 HD version - I've been in touch with a guy on Doom9 that's provided computational power for mass waifu2x-ing F/sn graphics if you need the computational help, though I myself have found a version that supports AMD GPUs so I myself might be able to try it on my HTPC with a Xeon X3470 + Radeon HD5870)

----------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by live22morrow View Post
    The original resolution is 800x600, correct?
    Correct, but the VN was also able to render at 640x480 if your desktop resolution was set to that when toggling fullscreen.

This is most easily confirmed by launching the VN, enabling fullscreen, exiting the VN, right-clicking the VN's EXE, going to "Properties", clicking the "Compatibility" tab, and checking the box next to "Run in 640 x 480 screen resolution", re-launching the VN, and then switching the VN windowed mode - you'll notice that the program window will now only take up roughly a 640x480 area.
    Last edited by NM64; August 18th, 2019 at 11:26 PM.
    HELP WANTED - Contact me if you know the original source of this song:

Ah yes, us fellow night owls still checking the forums at 2 AM (for me anyway), thank god my shifts a work are later in the day right now.

Your observations on CTRLing are all correct, the PC version of RN, along with FHA I believe, both move faster than the OG PC FSN in general, however all of that gained speed has disappeared with the current build of the RN project. i'm sure you've noticed that as well.
    Memorable quotes

Quote Originally Posted by Kinoko Nasu
    So as to stimulate the reader's imagination, I try not to write too clearly about mechanics and characters' inner workings.
    Quote Originally Posted by UnlimitedBladeWorks
    In all honesty the Ufo Anime should've included a switch that let people chose what route they wanted to watch.

i'm sure you've noticed that as well.
    Well uh, confession time... I think I've touched the "beta" merge project for all of like a single minute in total? I basically played around to see how the installer works and that's about it, and that was like back in early October or something when the first beta was made?

It's not been until this last week that nearly all my family and friend obligations have been accounted for - I had quite the gauntlet of stuff since around mid October (way more than I usually have during that time of the year!).

So yeah... I haven't touched the merge project in literally 3 months or so.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and it's this lack of actually using the "merge project" that has resulted in me being unsure on how I'm supposed to use things like that newest patch you sent me via PM. Do I just install the original initial beta, and then add in/replace that single patch file?

Okay checked that prologue trailer. HOLY SHIT THE LONG LOST ILLYA STUFFED ANIMAL SHOP SCENE, A GLIMPSE INTO IT!

I do think putting in as a bonus menu thing for the game is feasible, however as my release video is currently structured, I don't see myself using it. There's a couple reasons behind this, the biggest one is it doesn't flow with the artistic direction of the video, which is meant to play both on the fact that in the year 2019, majority of these readers will be re-readers and thus, it's a return, so what I put together has a since of nostalgia and weight more than action an hype, while also using music that evokes the more current age of the Fate series, to kind of bridge the current era and that era sort of thing.

In addition I already did the action hype theme in the first release video, and while this thing is awesome.......I do prefer what I did back then (even if I wish I cropped out those fucking graphical aftereffects on the sides, thank god that doesn't happen anymore in this build).
    https://youtu.be/Q0rMA6piiUE?t=429

But yeah I'll definitely put it in the patch itself in some way, not sure if I'll rip the file directly or just make it a video-recording. BTW, I noticed the Into the Night track also is different slightly in the prologue, so we might as well throw that into the music menu as well.

Also I really like how the prologue in this trial has you see Rin even though she's the POV character for it, reading other VNs has made me realize that approach of not letting you see the MC just because they're the POV character is antiquated as all hell, and other VNs that don't hold to this restriction do benefit in being able to more easily present the personality of their main characters (it's a shame too because while his anatomy wasn't perfect back then, Takeuchi's ability to make facial expressions was top teir, like going from the era of 5 expressions in FGO back to Takeuchi's 30 expressions per character in FSN was refreshing).

*notices Quibi is watching* Hey why don't we make it a sw-*gets shot*

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nintendo Maniac 64 View Post
    Oh, and it's this lack of actually using the "merge project" that has resulted in me being unsure on how I'm supposed to use things like that newest patch you sent me via PM. Do I just install the original initial beta, and then add in/replace that single patch file?
    Correct.
    Memorable quotes

So as to stimulate the reader's imagination, I try not to write too clearly about mechanics and characters' inner workings.
    In all honesty the Ufo Anime should've included a switch that let people chose what route they wanted to watch.

I do think putting in as a bonus menu thing for the game is feasible, however as my release video is currently structured, I don't see myself using it.
    Wait, using this "trailer" for your release video? I'm not exactly sure where you got that idea from, because that was totally not my intention. I was only ever interested in using it as part of the bonus material already included, like the 2004 OPs and such.

I noticed the Into the Night track also is different slightly in the prologue, so we might as well throw that into the music menu as well.
    Isn't it just a loop of the second half of the song but with a trailing off at the end? Personally I didn't think it was enough of a difference to be actually considered "different" in my mind, but I guess you can add it if you want. Presumably you'd just use the same naming methodology like we used for the Trial version of Whirlpool of Fate 2, so it'd be something like "Into the Night (trial ver.)"?

EDIT: Whoa, there's actually a difference in the middle and at the end of Whirlpool of Fate (non-2) in the Trial as well!

Wait, using this "trailer" for your release video? I'm not exactly sure where you got that idea from, because that was totally not my intention. I was only ever interested in using it as part of the bonus material already included, like the 2004 OPs and such.
    My bad, I misunderstood you there.

Isn't it just a loop of the second half of the song but with a trailing off at the end? Personally I didn't think it was enough of a difference to be actually considered "different" in my mind, but I guess you can add it if you want. Presumably you'd just use the same naming methodology like we used for the Trial version of Whirlpool of Fate 2, so it'd be something like "Into the Night (trial ver.)"?
    To be fair, I believe this version of Into the Night actually plays in Hanafuda in FHA, because I remember this sounding familiar.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Anonamous View Post
    If I can find the framebuffer in memory it should be relatively simple to debug. As for what is the cause and proper fix is another story. Worst comes to worst and we could just dupe it with an image but I doubt it would be necessary.
    Thank god for the misunderstanding I had with Nintendo Maniac, otherwise I wouldn't have gone back and noticed this post I missed.

Okay so while spoofing it with an image would be possible, similar issues persist with the effect throughout the entire VN. Another example is when Excalibur and Ea clash, the inversion is meant to make the park look bright as fuck because two mega Buster NPs are colliding, but due to this bug the inversion is too dark and the effect is weakened. Also earlier in the same scene one of the slash visuals used for Gilgamesh's many swords is inverted and it looks as bad as Lancer's clothes do in the HD screenshot I sent.
    Memorable quotes

To be fair, I believe this version of Into the Night actually plays in Hanafuda in FHA, because I remember this sounding familiar.
    Yeah...I've still yet to read F/ha in any capacity outside of the Trial ver. prologue translation homebrew port to the Nintendo DS that was made like a decade ago at this point. EDIT: To clarify, I in fact had a flash cart for my DS and greatly enjoyed the abundant homebrew scene on it as this was before the age of smartphones and a homebrew'd DS was the closest thing due to its combination of a touchscreen and wifi capabilities.

I had held off because I had issues reading the Fate route of F/sn without voices since there's no actual direct indication otherwise of who is talking at any given moment, but since the F/ha voice patch is pretty much fully complete now, I really should get around to reading that...

Anyway, so this means we should have three songs in total from the Trial:

• Into the Night (trial ver.)
    • Whirlpool of Fate (trial ver.)
    • Whirlpool of Fate 2 (trial ver.)

And of course "Whirlpool of Fate 2 (trial ver.)" should already be included in the current beta...but it'd be great if someone could confirm this for me (as I admitted above, I never actually checked out anything with the beta outside of the installer...).
    Last edited by NM64; January 18th, 2019 at 04:35 AM.

Yeah...I've still yet to read F/ha in any capacity outside of the Trial ver. translation homebrew port to the Nintendo DS that was made like a decade ago at this point.

I had held off because I had issues reading the Fate route of F/sn without voices since there's no actual direct indication otherwise of who is talking at any given moment, but since the F/ha voice patch is pretty much fully complete now, I really should get around to reading that...
    I will just say as someone who read FHA without voices, the game's sprite movements are used to indicate who is talking. 9/10 times a character will change expression in some way when they go to speak.

Anyway, so this means we should have three songs in total from the Trial:

• Into the Night (trial ver.)
    • Whirlpool of Fate (trial ver.)
    • Whirlpool of Fate 2 (trial ver.)

And of course "Whirlpool of Fate 2 (trial ver.)" should already be included in the current beta...but it'd be great if someone could confirm this for me (as I admitted above, I never actually checked out anything with the beta outside of the installer...).
    I confirmed it............along with confirming it doesn't play when I click it, yaaay more bugs. Will investigate tomorrow.
    Memorable quotes

Blast, you posted and quoted me before I finished my edits.

I was a derp and didn't realize that F/ha never had a trial version and that the homebrew DS port/translation just happened to specifically be the prologue...which makes me realize that technically it was piracy, no?

And to clarify, I in fact had a flash cart for my DS and greatly enjoyed the abundant homebrew scene on it as this was before the age of smartphones and a homebrew'd DS was the closest thing due to its combination of a touchscreen and wifi capabilities - I distinctly remember using two DSes whereby one DS was used to stream an internet radio talkshow while the other DS was used to chat in their IRC chatroom.

Anyway, I'm going to call it quits for tonight. No guarantees that I'll get around to testing the OP video stuff super soon because I still need to download the merge project installer and stuff again (in general, if it doesn't happen before Monday then it's much more likely to happen after said Monday than before).

thank you for including me in this beta, tis always nice to get updates on fixes and such...and kind of black magic is megaupload using. it makes the speed of the downloads super fast compared to my normal download speeds

Not Megaupload, just Mega. Mega seems to be able to utilize the entire download speed of one's internet, which is great, however the price is that it will slow down everything else, like a Skype/Discord call, or a video you're steaming.
    Memorable quotes

Blog Entries
    Cmon beta testers how about posting some cool screenshots and saying how great it is.
    It's always just the little bugs.
    Let me rejoice a bit.
    I'm sad.

shouldn't silence say it all :P if i am not finding anymore bugs yet, that's a good thing for the project no?

Not Megaupload, just Mega. Mega seems to be able to utilize the entire download speed of one's internet, which is great, however the price is that it will slow down everything else, like a Skype/Discord call, or a video you're steaming.
    i wonder why everyone doesnt atleast have that as an option. that makes this whole process way less tedious for me having to download patches like this on a super shitty wifi connection super far away from the modem im using

Quote Originally Posted by Quibi View Post
    Cmon beta testers how about posting some cool screenshots and saying how great it is.
    Let me rejoice a bit.
    I'm sad.
    Hey, he did say the widescreen was nice.

Also I've exchanged IMs with other people who've tested and they enjoy it too, don't get dejected.
    Memorable quotes

Quote Originally Posted by Quibi View Post
    Let me rejoice a bit.
    I'm sad.
    I got your back with the little bugs dude. I've squashed quite a bit of them and don't see many more problems in fullscreen, HD, widescreen mode.

As for the scene skipping with Ctrl it could probably be sped up with some optimization of patch_hd_layer but that is just my opinion. There seems to be quite a bit of function call overhead when testing what the current layer is. Not sure if reducing that overhead will make a difference or not. Also from speaking with SP193 about the PS2 version he had mentioned that freetype can be slow if the cache isn't large enough so if the text is constantly being rerendered that could be a cause of the slowdown too. I am of course just speculating here.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Dunno which version I have anymore, but noticed that if you try to access the gallery from the routes not related to the specific .exe you launched, you just get stuck in an error window loop and have to force close it with task manager. Maybe you guys already fixed that, but if not, maybe just remove the "Another" button altogether. As for the error message text being what it is, I'm guessing that has something to do with my locale, but no idea what needs to be changed to get actual text to show. Already have East Asian Languages pack installed.

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    Then I will ask that you pay closer attention
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    So if I'm reading this right DP is saying that the feature almost everybody hates that is bad and makes the forum objectively worse will never go away because that would negatively impact another feature that nobody has ever used and most likely never will use just in case someday, someone wants to use it. Is that right?
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    It's like if someone told me "make me a milkshake" and i was blind and they gave me the ingredients and I made a milkshake because milkshakes are good, but it turns out that milkshake was a bomb.

I'll definitely put it in the patch itself in some way, not sure if I'll rip the file directly or just make it a video-recording.
    Wait, wouldn't you need one for both the Japanese and the English language since this "merge project" supports both? If you did a video recording rather than importing/recreating the "in-engine cutscene", then you'd need to have two videos - one for Japanese, one for English...which means double the filesize.

Also if you're not aware, the Japanese version of the Trial is readily available on Mirror-Moon's website, and that link itself is easily located for English speakers via VNDB: https://vndb.org/r349

...but for the truly lazy, here's the direct link to the download page for Japanese Trial ver.: http://www.typemoon.com/dl/dl_partne...fate_trial.php

Quote Originally Posted by Anonamous View Post
    As for the scene skipping with Ctrl it could probably be sped up with some optimization of patch_hd_layer but that is just my opinion. There seems to be quite a bit of function call overhead when testing what the current layer is. Not sure if reducing that overhead will make a difference or not.
    I just had a thought - is the skip function any noticeably faster if HD art assets and stuff are disabled and you're just using the original designed-for 800x600 PC art?

Quote Originally Posted by Inuhanyou View Post
    i wonder why everyone doesnt atleast have that as an option. that makes this whole process way less tedious for me having to download patches like this on a super shitty wifi connection super far away from the modem im using
    Mega has some major weaknesses. For one, it is pretty terrible if you're using one of those systems with a small system drive and one or more secondary drives that are used for actual storage.
    And most people aren't going to go out of their way to upload large files to every single file sharing service that supports large files.

By the way, if your normal issue with slow downloads were that your Wifi is shitty, then downloading from Mega wouldn't fix that. Mega can't make your internet faster, and it can't magically fix problems with your network.
    Last edited by XerBlade; January 18th, 2019 at 06:07 PM.

that's just strange though, cause there's like a night and day difference when downloading from mega and not...i do have a lot of internet wifi issues(mostly relating to my distance) but it seems to just skip over those

I just had a thought - is the skip function any noticeably faster if HD art assets and stuff are disabled and you're just using the original designed-for 800x600 PC art?

There is a slight increase in speed if I turn off HD and size down to 640x480, but not enough to compare to the prior speed.
    Memorable quotes