Page 595 of 615 FirstFirst ... 95495545585590593594595596597600605 ... LastLast
Results 11,881 to 11,900 of 12291

Thread: Fate/Stay Night [Realta Nua] PC version Mirror Moon TL insertion project

Okay verified. Patch_english.xp3 is the more up to date (the only difference is a grammar fix in Shinji's final scene in HF) so basically delete "Patch_lang_english.xp3" and rename "atch_English.xp3" to "Patch_Lang_English.xp3"
    Memorable quotes

Quote Originally Posted by Kinoko Nasu
    So as to stimulate the reader's imagination, I try not to write too clearly about mechanics and characters' inner workings.
    Quote Originally Posted by UnlimitedBladeWorks
    In all honesty the Ufo Anime should've included a switch that let people chose what route they wanted to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacktheinfinite101 View Post
    Okay verified. Patch_english.xp3 is the more up to date (the only difference is a grammar fix in Shinji's final scene in HF) so basically delete "Patch_lang_english.xp3" and rename "atch_English.xp3" to "Patch_Lang_English.xp3"
    Ok that's what I had done.

I just figured out what the deal was with the menus being misaligned. I fixed it and then had to undo Quibi's patchy fix for the historyLayer. So that's another thing to check off. I'll send you the changed files in a moment.

I just encountered the out of triangle so Ill look into that first.
    Last edited by TheUnknownIdentity; January 16th, 2019 at 06:31 PM.

you guys are moving fucking fast

Quote Originally Posted by Inuhanyou View Post
    you guys are moving fucking fast
    ..And I can't seem to retrigger it.

Nvm I did. This one is going to have to wait because It has to do with broken transitioning between SD and HD.
    Last edited by TheUnknownIdentity; January 16th, 2019 at 06:48 PM.

spoke too soon :P

spoke too soon :P
    Not really. I fixed the issue with the misalignment. The triangle issue has to do with the line break/pagebreak not fully changing with the transaction between SD and HD. It may be in part to me treating the symptoms of a previous bug instead of finding the route cause. Will have to look further into it.

by the way jack, the fix you sent me worked. hurray

Alright confirmed. One more bug down. Really strange that it didn't affect me.
    Memorable quotes

So as to stimulate the reader's imagination, I try not to write too clearly about mechanics and characters' inner workings.
    In all honesty the Ufo Anime should've included a switch that let people chose what route they wanted to watch.

technical people like yourself are super strange. how can you diagnose a problem and come up with a solution you cant even replicate on your hardware?

*edit* found something else

Spoiler:

Last edited by Inuhanyou; January 17th, 2019 at 02:43 AM.

I'm also getting that one on my end (I don't actually like playing in widescreen because I don't like having 4:3 CGs and backgrounds zoomed in and loosing their full frame hence why this is all new to me).

Also I noticed that changing any settings that require a scene restart, like language swap, quality mode swap, or aspect ratio, while in the music menu, will cause a soft crash error to happen.
    Memorable quotes

I've encountered this twice, once when Rin gets home from saving Shirou and the second time when Shirou wakes up at the ward. Im guessing it has to do with widescreen that the picture breaks in that manner. The pictures always synch a bit oddly(in addition to being slightly off frame sometimes) when in widescreen, but this breaking is probably the only glaring issue

technical people like yourself are super strange. how can you diagnose a problem and come up with a solution you cant even replicate on your hardware?
    Speaking as someone who does that for a living, it all comes down to information. If you're intimately familiar with the inner workings of software (due to, you know, being a developer on that project), and you get sufficient enough information in the description of a bug, you can hypothesize about what the cause of the issue is and how to fix it just based on that. It's basically a, "Ah, that sounds like it might have to do with that one piece of code. Let me take a look at that and see if I can't make it more foolproof." Then it's just a matter of rolling it out and seeing if the person on the other end sees an improvement.

In short, you make highly educated guesses. A developer will naturally be really "educated" on the subject.

Quote Originally Posted by XerBlade View Post
    Speaking as someone who does that for a living, it all comes down to information. If you're intimately familiar with the inner workings of software (due to, you know, being a developer on that project), and you get sufficient enough information in the description of a bug, you can hypothesize about what the cause of the issue is and how to fix it just based on that. It's basically a, "Ah, that sounds like it might have to do with that one piece of code. Let me take a look at that and see if I can't make it more foolproof." Then it's just a matter of rolling it out and seeing if the person on the other end sees an improvement.

In short, you make highly educated guesses. A developer will naturally be really "educated" on the subject.
    It sounds like basic common sense when you say it, but i guess it has to do with me not being in a position to have to do that kind of thing, cause its way above my comprehension

Resident straight-male kuutsundere NM64's Avatar
    I've been up putting the final touches on a release video I've been working on for the public release
    Is this the video where you took a lengthy technical post by XerBlade and are re-appropriating the text to me?

I did say at some time in the past that I'd be willing to essentially paraphrase it into my own words - I don't suppose we've massively missed that window of opportunity, have we?
    HELP WANTED - Contact me if you know the original source of this song:

Quote Originally Posted by Nintendo Maniac 64 View Post
    Is this the video where you took a lengthy technical post by XerBlade and are re-appropriating the text to me?

I did say at some time in the past that I'd be willing to essentially paraphrase it into my own words - I don't suppose we've massively missed that window of opportunity, have we?
    Um, I honestly have no idea what you are talking about.
    Memorable quotes

Um, I honestly have no idea what you are talking about.
    Oh, it's possible that this is something that simply never made it out of planning stages. Don't worry about it then.

IIRC, the video would have a sort of Taiga Dojo thing going on but apparently with a custom text script.

are you guys actually doing typographical changes here? there are a few i see that should probably be changed(kiritsugu referring to himself as a sorcerer instead of magus ect)

*edit* found something else

Spoiler:

That is an easy fix. I noticed that all the dashcombo's appear to be broken in widescreen. Not sure why yet or if any of the plugins work properly in widescreen for that matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Nintendo Maniac 64 View Post
    Oh, it's possible that this is something that simply never made it out of planning stages. Don't worry about it then.

IIRC, the video would have a sort of Taiga Dojo thing going on but apparently with a custom text script.
    Oh yeah I made that, uploaded it unlisted, then like, everything in the video stopped being relevant so it became pointless to publish. I'd make another one but-if I had the time or patience for that now I would not have disappeared from this forum for literally years.

I actually just checked that video out again and I forgot most of the jokes I wrote, so when chibi Rin shows up and quotes Xer Blade I was like "OH RIGHT I DID MAKE THAT HAPPPEN."
    Memorable quotes

Oh yeah I made that, uploaded it unlisted, then like, everything in the video stopped being relevant so it became pointless to publish.
    Crazy idea - include the video file in the final "merge project" as a hidden bonus extra (perhaps in a sort of "Wakame Paradise" manner?) that you can't unlock until after Last Episode.

...or you could just post the URL into this thread.
    Last edited by NM64; January 17th, 2019 at 06:26 PM.