Page 101 of 165 FirstFirst ... 51919699100101102103106111151 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,020 of 3296

Thread: Ga Rei: Exodus Nine (IC)

The Time-Governing Twelve Covenants Airen's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Makoto Fujioka
    Dream Aoyama – Rooftops
    Morning

"Perhaps if your grades were higher, I could consider an exemption from homework, but as things stand such a thing would be jeopardizing your future!"

Calling out after you as you pick up Chiyoko (who sighs, but otherwise shows little signs of active resistance, as if she just couldn't be bothered) the teacher disappears into the cloud of crimson smoke as you leap (hampered somewhat by the limiters) from building to building in a manner that was far too cheerful for someone who was slowly edging into the territory of outright kidnapping.

Just like Yoko, this was a person who took the actions of his students very seriously. It didn't seem like it at first glance, smiling and laughing along with the kids, he lacked the serious and somewhat cynical tone that his coworker took, and was popular in a different sort of way with the students because of it.

But when it came down to it...

It was that same joking tone... That let him say certain things with an entirely straight face, a joker who tricks while being completely serious.

"As for the occupation of pirate. While the choice of loot is certainly a rare one, such activities are frowned upon in the modern day Mr. Fujioka. It is a poor career choice, not to mention poor manners... Yes, this is a step down a dark path, and I'm afraid I cannot allow you to pursue it for your own sake."

Completely serious, but tinged with absurdity as he goes along with it.

Leaping out of the red fog, hands in the pockets of a crisp suit, the man's pursuit is so casual but effective that it's almost absurd; keeping pace with you from the start, looking over with a single raised eyebrow, you nevertheless have one advantage here-!

Unless forced to do so by circumstance, this is someone who absolutely won't use physical force against a student.

He could do it. The few times he had been forced to do so had proved that he could take on the entire ESPer population of the school with just his hands if he felt like it, but he tried not to do that sort of thing if he could avoid it. Since this was just a game, since you were just playing around, it shouldn't be serious enough for him to actually pin you down or anything so-

Why isn't your body moving?

Suddenly struggling as if against invisible bonds, the teacher that has kept talking this entire time, but has thankfully left his papers back a few rooftops back, Nakahara Katsuro keeps smiling even as he comes to a stop.

...Because as a teacher, he excelled in forcing students to listen to lectures.

Even more so when they were ESPers.

No one ever saw his ESP coming, because he normally didn't need to even resort to it.

"Although, this talk of pirates and careers has reminded me," clearly keeping you in place with his ESP, but showing no visible effort while doing so, Chiyoko sighs again as she seems to realize everyone here is childish in their own special way, you for playing pirates, and the older man, for steadfastly sticking to his role as a teacher in spite of the absurdity, or perhaps because of the absurdity of the response, "We never went over your college plans much did we? I am your guidance counselor, you know... So what exactly is it that you want to do when you get older? After the war and such."

Yes.

When he said he had you in his sights, that was a declaration.

No student can evade a teacher who was determined to ensure they were not only safe, but that they succeeded in life.

That was this man's code.
    Exodus (Complete)

Even if the author is silenced, the performance is stilled and the actors leave the stage, the story will never truly end.

Regardless of the form it takes, as long as there are memories of it's existence, the story will continue on.

In a small ward in the heart of a once devastated town, life carries on as it always has...

Because of you.

Please, remember it warmly.

We'll continue to walk down this path for eternity.

Mugen No Sekai

"The Illusion Incomplete Memories Produce Are,

Fleeting, Disappearing into the Future,

Until the Ruins of Yesterday Overflow,

For That Which Falls Only to Rise is Simply a--"

Makoto Fujioka
    Nakamura Residence (Ghost World) – Rooftops
    Morning

“…Eh? Eh eh eh eh?”

“MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMn Senseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeei”, howling my frustration at being held I begin straining against the restraints. Faster, stronger, BETTER! I refuse to lose, I refuse to be caught, neveeeeeeeeeeeeeeer. Putting all my strength into overthrowing Sensei’s power I begin to build up and refine my energy into my right arm, I’ll show you Sensei I’ll cut down every wall you throw up.

“Mgrnyaaaaaaaa stupid, stupid meanie Sensei I won’t lose to you or your homework I’ll show you I can do anything! Annooooooooying if you want it so much I’ll go with world domination and make you have to eat nothing but liver and Brussel sprouts. Fufufu tremble Sensei because I’ll also be keeping all the hugs for myself!”

Revenge for the endless homework, revenge for getting caught, reveeeeeeeenge I’ll show you woooooooorld nyahahaha ~

One…

Two…

THREE!

“LEEEEEEEEEEET’S GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!”

Unleashing everything I have mustered I throw myself into creating the strongest sword, I’ll cut down his field, I’ll mow down everything in front of me, I’ll defeat anyone, just you wait.

Blog Entries
    Makoto Fujioka
    Dream Aoyama – Rooftops
    Morning

"Liver and Brussel Sprouts eh?" One hand rising to his chin, seemingly ignorant, or at least not caring, about your attempts to overpower his ESP, the teacher closes his eyes for a moment in thought, "I suppose that is the action of a tyrant yes, but you underestimate Sensei, for he is amazing."

An obvious ego suddenly shining through, the youthful looking teacher continues to take things with his unique blend of seriousness and amusement.

"Once one becomes an adult, they can no longer be picky with their meals," a finger raises, another declaration made with a cheerful voice, "If you were able to conquer the world I would face such a punishment without fear, for Sensei has lived off the cold, starchy embrace of nothing but ramen in his university years. Still, ruler of the world is a very difficult position to attain Mr. Fujioka, force does not work with that sort of thing, the world will crush any lone man... If one seeks absolute power, the world must be convinced to follow you of their own volition... Yes, if that is your desire... Politics would be the way to go."

Having gone through a lot today already, it's taking you some time to gather spiritual power you're not sure even exists in you anymore, especially with these seals from Claire on, so...

He just... Keeps talking...

"But I don't think politics would be your strong point, for you... Let's see... Perhaps Spirit Smithing? I'm sure the Agency would appreciate someone of your talents. Enchanting weaponry is quite the difficult art."

Building... Building...

Yes... Cutting fundamental forces was rather difficult... His power had an odd form...

But...

But-!

The moment you cry out, attempting to cut through something that normally could not be cut-!

"Okay no, not while I'm up here."

Chiyoko's voice stops you short.

Twisting on your shoulder at godspeed, hand grabbing your shoulder before she launches herself across the rooftop, momentum spinning her to a casual stop on the roof edge, one leg crossed over the other.

"No time to go out for a run, you're the type that gets carried away, we'd wind up in the middle of nowhere," talking in a very dispassionate voice as you finally manage to break free (at least momentarily) the woman tilts her head ever so slightly to the side, "Besides, the one who is going to take over the world is me."

Said without hesitation, or signs of the joking voice she had used back at the restaurant.
    Exodus (Complete)

Even if the author is silenced, the performance is stilled and the actors leave the stage, the story will never truly end.

Regardless of the form it takes, as long as there are memories of it's existence, the story will continue on.

In a small ward in the heart of a once devastated town, life carries on as it always has...

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Blog Entries
    Jacques Dussault
    Dream Aoyama ~ Aquarium
    Afternoon

"Hmmm, haven't been to one of these in awhile."

"I've never actually been in one, you know? I could never afford it before."

I look around, not noticing (therefore, immediately noticing) how much surer she is on her feet, and how comfortable she seems to be away from the sun.

"It's pretty nice."

I'm glad she picked the place out, and gladder I put out my cigarette. I'd never actually smoked in front of her before, and while I didn't think it mattered, especially now, I didn't want to offend her. The smell of cloves was still on my clothes, either way.

She certainly seemed calmer... I needed a dim place, and one with not a lot of people, so this worked out pretty well. Ten points, Jacques, and you can bow after. Take your complimentary glass and cigarette outside, please.

I gave her a quiet side eye again. She'd been the one to suggest the aquarium, after I'd led her away from the crowds. She did say she enjoyed it, so that made me happy, I'll admit, and she looked mostly the same.

Her eyes, however, still glowed crimson in the light.

Nice.

I was fairly sure about what she was, and while what had happened to her was less sure, it wasn't too hard to guess at. Either way human eyes aren't naturally crimson, not without something going on behind the scenes. And the voices... the ones that greeted me as an 'Eclipse Diver' - they didn't deny it. Didn't confirm it, either, but I was certain.

My instincts weren't shrieking at me, so I rolled with it and walked around in comfortable, mutual silence.

"...I just woke up in this place, but I guess for you this is kinda normal, huh? Ghosts, monsters... Things like that... That's normal life for you?"

This was something I hadn't wanted to answer, hadn't, to be honest, even considered telling her. And yet here we were, strolling through an aquarium all alone, a Frenchman and an Englishwoman, neither completely human anymore. I was aching for a smoke, or a drink, but I shook the thoughts off. This was something I had to do myself, and then maybe after I could crack some jokes. Being serious was getting to me.

I looked down at her, because she was still shorter than me, her eyes clearly curious even through the glow.

"I didn't want to tell you. I wasn't sure how you'd react, but..." I crack a grin at her, a faintly sad one. "This has been my life since I turned fifteen."

I look away from her, pausing in front of a tank with some wickedly colorful fish.

"It's not been all bad, though. I've made some good friends. Helped more people than I could have otherwise. Probably became a better person, to boot."

I very nearly put a cigarette in my mouth and then restrain myself, leaving it hanging awkwardly in my fingers.

"How are you dealing with it?"
    [12:37] <I3uster> if playing overwatch would save my mother from the deathbed
    [12:37] <I3uster> id probably flip a coin
    [12:38] <I3uster> to see if i play or not

[18:23] <frantic> spinach is like a caffeine zombie

[18:23] <frantic> in AX he would like
    [18:23] <frantic> drink 8 shots of espresso
    [18:23] <frantic> then he'd turn to me an hour later
    [18:23] <frantic> 'frantic', he'd say, his eyes wild and his lips smug
    [18:23] <frantic> 'i need coffee'

Blog Entries
    Jacques Dussault
    Dream Aoyama ~ Aquarium
    Afternoon

"..."

Was she surprised that you knew, or simply surprised that you had actually asked her about it? A brief moment of shock crossing her features, as if a part of her had sincerely been hoping that you wouldn't notice, the young woman frowns, gaze focused firmly on the corners of her own vision...

It was obvious.

Looking at her alone already made it clear, but...

You kind of got the feeling...

She didn't look at herself in the mirror anymore, so she couldn't know about the eyes, or at least...

She wasn't able to do so anymore.

Even so...

"Well... I haven't gone crazy yet, I think... So that's a plus?"

It was something she'd have to face eventually, and while Mina hadn't been a part of this world for very long, she was no coward, ultimately...

She'd face it.

"I get headaches, can't really sunbathe for too long anymore, I sometimes rip doors from their hinges on accident... But I can bench-press a gas-truck now, and outrun cars, bullets don't do much... So there are some good physical things, I guess?"

Sounding somehow unsure, the woman's frown lightens as her gaze returns to your face.

"All in all... I think I'm coping! Found a friend at the prison who's helping me deal with it, so I think it'll turn out alright... Well, at least I hope it does..."

Failing to spell it out, trusting that you would understand...

"Although... I really wish I knew what happened to me... But I guess that's just how this sort of thing goes, huh?"
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Blog Entries
    Jacques Dussault
    Dream Aoyama ~ Aquarium
    Afternoon

"..."

...I think she got the impression I wasn't asking about how she was adjusting to this world.

Oops?

"Well... I haven't gone crazy yet, I think... So that's a plus?"

I smile at her, even though she wasn't looking, wasn't looking at herself, at her reflection, and anything more comfortable than the wall.

"That's a plus."

"I get headaches, can't really sunbathe for too long anymore, I sometimes rip doors from their hinges on accident... But I can bench-press a gas-truck now, and outrun cars, bullets don't do much... so there are some good physical things, I guess?"

Hahaha holy shit.

It's fine, I mean, hell, I can outrun cars too, and, uh, can probably pick up some heavy things... I mean bullets, yeah, I don't know, but I could survive them. That was still an impressive display of growth, even if it made sense.

Her brows smoothed out a bit as she looked back at me. That was good news.

"All in all... I think I'm coping! Found a friend at the prison who's helping me deal with it, so I think it'll turn out alright... Well, at least I hope it does..."

"Gisela? That's funny."

"Although... I really wish I knew what happened to me... But I guess that's just how this sort of thing goes, huh?"

"Guess so..." I looked around the aquarium. "I... to be honest I was just wondering how you were doing, I wasn't going to call you out on anything. But look at me," I winked at her. "I'm clearly not a very subtle person. And either way, changed or not, I still consider you to be 'Mina'"

I looked at the ceiling. What the hell was I saying, really? Who was I, Tomoya? I'm supposed to have a way with words.

"People tell me I'm good at talking, but I get pretty tongue-tied around you," I rubbed my chin in thought. "So I'm sorry if I'm ever confusing or rude, in advance. That's not what I mean to do."

And everything I said just put my foot in my mouth again.

I shook my head and looked at Mina.

"Wanna see the rest of the aquarium?"
    [12:37] <I3uster> if playing overwatch would save my mother from the deathbed
    [12:37] <I3uster> id probably flip a coin
    [12:38] <I3uster> to see if i play or not

[18:23] <frantic> spinach is like a caffeine zombie

[18:23] <frantic> in AX he would like
    [18:23] <frantic> drink 8 shots of espresso
    [18:23] <frantic> then he'd turn to me an hour later
    [18:23] <frantic> 'frantic', he'd say, his eyes wild and his lips smug
    [18:23] <frantic> 'i need coffee'

Blog Entries
    Jacques Dussault
    Dream Aoyama ~ Aquarium
    Afternoon

"...That wasn't what you were asking about?"

It was hard to tell if the look she was giving you was one of pure shock, or something more infected with embarrassment. She didn't want to lie to you, not really, so when she had seen a question that had looked like a press she had spilled the beans immediately, but...

That wasn't...

What you had been asking...?

Seemingly doing her best to resist a biological blue screen effect, the young woman that had admitted to far too much, far too fast, coughs into a hand in a poorly veiled attempt at covering it up, listening to the rest with a face tinged with slight crimson.

"Well yes, I am still Mina, so there's no need to worry! Although with my name being what it is... Well, maybe the world is just having a laugh at my expense."

Bending over slightly, hands behind her back, the young woman winks.

"And sure, let's go see what kind of crazy things a ghost world aquarium has got."

---

Ultimately...

"...I think this one is actually a monster."

...There were some things in here that resembled dinosaurs.

Having walked by mostly normal fish until this point, when Mina, whose natural walking pace was of the power-walk variety, stops in a darkened room ahead, turning and pointing at a massive fish tank, the thing that greets you in this particular section of the aquarium is definitely...

Something that looks like a... Mosasaurus?

Filling up the length of the room, it's the sort of monster that remind you a bit too much of the Kyuubi, what with the razor sharp teeth, mouth huge enough to swallow a handful of people whole, and the massive eyes that looked like they were glowing in the subtle blue light of the aquarium, yeah...

Definitely a predator...

Not a threat to either of you even if it got out... But the kind of thing that makes people panic anyway...

"Is this a world for animal spirits too?"

Eyes lighting up in spite of the fact that she was standing in front of something that would never have enough layers of glass between you and it, the young woman cheerfully presses up against the glass and stares it down without fear.

And as she does...

"No. That creature is not deceased, it is actually a flesh and blood dinosaur. Mosasaurus, I believe."

Yami appears behind the both of you, hands crossed in front of her body, pose like that of a tour guide.
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Makoto Fujioka
    Morning

“Grrrrr you’re the one looking down on me I’ll show yoooou! I’ll show the world that I can surpass it and how it can’t bind me with its icky foods.” Glowering at Sensei’s I refuse to let the fact that he has me in a hold keep me down and so I refute his words and whisper how I shall bring about his ultimate doom for daring to subject me to such homework.

DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OM!

...Although he raises a point “If I did that I could be with Ane-san more… So maybe- Fwa! Mmmmn trying to trick me with thoughts of Ane-san but when Ane-san gets into that mode she never pays attention to anything else like hugs or sleeping. I’m on to you Sensei, I’ll foil all your plans!”

Like the plan to keep me here and torment me with homework, nyahaha I’ll show y-

“Hwawawa?”

Caught off guard as Chiaoko-nee switches over to sit on the building I shudder as the exhaustion catches up with me until I can push it off.

Uwaaa, Ane-san might win easier than I want at this rate but if I give in… Hooooooooooome woooooooooooork, bleh stupid Sensei.

"No time to go out for a run, you're the type that gets carried away, we'd wind up in the middle of nowhere," talking in a very dispassionate voice as you finally manage to break free (at least momentarily) the woman tilts her head ever so slightly to the side, "Besides, the one who is going to take over the world is me."

“Ooooooh did hear that Sensei it’s amazing Chiaoko-nee nice, nyahaha letting me not having to do much because she’ll go gather everything up and then I can hug her at the end and win it all!” bouncing up and down I giggle as I refute her serious challenge with one of my own. “Hmhmhmhmmmm ~ Although if you want to conquer the world then don’t forget to keep going so that we can meet at the end, no dropping interest or getting knocked out unexpectedly, I want to see you again at the end, it would be sad otherwise! Nyahaha I’ll show you the true power of hugs and not only make you go all out but I’ll go beyond when we meet then, it’s a challenge!” Grinning as I accept Chiaoko-nee’s resolute declaration I point my floppy sleeve covered hand and make my own.

“Although Chiaoko-nee it wouldn’t be the middle of nowhere it would be the center of funny business, although if you don’t want to play pirates and tag then what about finishing the hide and seek? Wahaha caught you after all! So, so story time for all the funny business I wanna hear all the stories you have lik-

Pulled completely out of everything I’m overcome by a sense of vertigo, uwaaa must, be… tiiiired. Yet encapsulated in the sense of lethargy and my sense of balance rolling like a wave I feel something float back into place or maybe it was something that I remembered…

“Like what do you want for your birthday!!!”

Excitement boiling through me like fire and lightning I can’t hold myself back as I hop into the air again and again waving my arms up and down as I vibrate faster and faster. Only stopping when I become unable to continue as I wobble and sink to the floor giggling, ah… ha ha ha I bet Kyoto would get angry at me for not thinking things through but… no matter how I think on it I can only confirm that it seems to be super important.

Ah…

I, I wonder what I should get Chiaoko-nee last time I made her a bracelet so this time I should… Ah I’ll need to work on it so it turns out great, after all she’s a meanie but warm and fuzzy and fun! “Mmmm, hehehe thinking about it your silly face is really pretty Chiaoko-nee.” Pretty and fuzzy and fun I guess I’ll have to learn to put but with the bleeeeeeeh stuff so I can see more of Chiaoko-nee’s silly faces and stuff.

Glorious Grammar Master Race Frantic Author's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Hitoshira Nagi
    Morning
    Shadow Vortex ~ Depths

"This is a bad place for friends. Foolish, foolish~"

Ah. Teasing, I'm being teased, aren't I? It's not very nice, but it's something that should happen when I dare to tread in worlds that I don't belong to. This isn't the place for the likes of me, it's a place for demons, for angels, for gods and heroes. I'm just a single girl.

"But that's desperation. I can smell it, I can see it in you, how sad, a broken little girl. What did you in I wonder? Overconfidence? Greed? The world's natural cruelty? A whirlpool of delusions and aspirations? Betrayed hopes and dreams? Or, or... Ah. A curse from your fellow humans, that's even more tragic."

Pity. It's the only thing that I've ever really received.

"Whatever it was, to drive you here... How sad, doing things without understanding what they mean, sadder still, when others simply allow you to do them. Failures upon failures, a life full of pain... Pathetic."

It's true, yes, I'm a pathetic excuse for a human. I'm not well put together. I don't play well with others. I'm lonely. I'm sad. I'm empty. But at the same time... I want to be a better person.

"But very well, a friend you say? Is that truly your only desire? Be sincere, child."

I smile.

"No, it isn't," I reply, staring into an empty abyss. "I want to be strong. I want to be brave. I want to be a hero. And I can't do it alone."

Power.

Yagami has power.

Elizabeth has power.

Even the dark god that stole my ghosts has power.

I do not. I need it. I need to be stronger.

"If I want to fight on the same plane of existence as those far above me, I only have two options. I can drag myself up to their level, or I can drag them down to mine. Either is a risk, a danger to my existence. But... I want to try anyways. And I need something more then what I am to try. So I came to the only place where I can take something like that; so I can become stronger, and so I can have a friend."

It's two sides of the same coin. On one, I can gain strength. On the other, I can gain a friend. It's a pitiable, lonely contract that I'm trying to make, one that saves as much as it takes. But... I want to. I really, really want to. So... I'll do it anyways. I'll sink into the depths of hell to try to save even one person, even a singular soul from this dying world.

"This place it's... it's dying, isn't it? It can't take the constant resets of time, the looping of reality over and over until Yagami achieves his desired result. So... all those lost souls, all those crying voices... I'll accept them. I'll take them all. Not because nobody else will, not because I want their power, but because I... I can't bear to see anyone cry."

It's a sorrowful place, the void between worlds. But my sea of souls is a wasteland that needs repair, and it has hundreds of thousands of nooks and crannies for souls to hide in. It'd hurt, but... It's better to hurt temporarily then to slowly be erased.

"My name is Hitoshira Nagi. I am an Esper. My sea of souls is a barren wasteland, filled with red and black. Won't you please come in?"
    in the end we will make thoughtcrime impossible, for there shall be no words to express it

#THELEGENDNEVERDIES

[01:05.15] <@Spinach> I can flash gang signs faster than Sasuke can perform ninjutsu and I rap like Medea's High Speed Divine Words.

Blog Entries
    Hitoshira Nagi
    Morning
    Shadow Vortex ~ Depths

"I see."

For the longest time, nothing else appears from the woman, the demon, that was hiding within the depths of the void. It is an uncomfortable silence, not one that fills you with fear, as it had before, but rather the sort of silence that makes you think that you've been abandoned, that the Demon, whatever it's name had been or could be, had simply left you here after examining you and finding you lacking, but...

"...You are incorrect, in some matters. This world is already dead, but that is fine, my kind can exist here."

Behind you again, a lecturing voice sees fit to say what it must.

"The danger is a living world, a light that can draw us from the Abyss. I have watched, I have watched as many were summoned and went, seizing their chance, and none have returned here even in defeat. It is a trap. Like a carnivorous plant, it drew them in with false promises of hope, and convinced them to fly right into the mouth of a Great Devourer."

A laugh.

"A world resetting over and over in the twilight of it's demise... A clever bait for one who is capable of playing with God's System. But I have no intention of falling into that Tyrant's grasp. Your world is doomed, it has been for some time, you are all simply puppets dancing to the strings of the Clockwork God."

A pause.

"...The suffering of humans is a tragedy indeed, but to walk into the mouth of a dragon is not my idea of an ideal summoning," sounding strangely sincere when mentioning the tragedy of human suffering, for a moment, you feel a brief but intense surge of something like sorrow, an emotion that goes against the way she had seemed to 'mock' humanity earlier, "It is a trap of the clearest sort. If I go there with you, we will both be killed. Even so, knowing this now, that you would be playing right into the hands of a God you have never seen... Would you still have me go to such a world?"

It is a strange question.

Because it is sincere in a pure way that didn't fit a demon.

As if asking if you were really that selfish...

Or perhaps...

"....Are humans really suffering so much that it has become necessary to find this sort of help?"

Trying to gauge something that seemed to matter quite a bit to her, that mattered so much she kept bringing it up again and again all on her own.

And had perhaps...

Been why she was attracted to you in the first place...
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Blog Entries
    Hitoshira Nagi
    Morning
    Shadow Vortex ~ Depths

"I see."

The silence pierces to my soul, and I wait. I'm good at it, waiting. Patience is a virtue, as they say, but I've never had a hard time being patient. Abandonment while... likely, is at the same time, unlikely.

"...You are incorrect, in some matters. This world is already dead, but that is fine, my kind can exist here."

Her kind, but only her kind. Nobody else can exist in this place; I can barely understand the world around us - it's all black and hard lines with sharp edges.

"The danger is a living world, a light that can draw us from the Abyss. I have watched, I have watched as many were summoned and went, seizing their chance, and none have returned here even in defeat. It is a trap. Like a carnivorous plant, it drew them in with false promises of hope, and convinced them to fly right into the mouth of a Great Devourer."

She laughs, like bells that echo through the emptiness, melancholy and forlorn. It's a sad world, the one that she's forced to live in.

"A world resetting over and over in the twilight of it's demise... A clever bait for one who is capable of playing with God's System. But I have no intention of falling into that Tyrant's grasp. Your world is doomed, it has been for some time, you are all simply puppets dancing to the strings of the Clockwork God."

A pause.

"...The suffering of humans is a tragedy indeed, but to walk into the mouth of a dragon is not my idea of an ideal summoning, it is a trap of the clearest sort. If I go there with you, we will both be killed. Even so, knowing this now, that you would be playing right into the hands of a God you have never seen... Would you still have me go to such a world?"

Her question is strange, and I open my mouth to respond. Because...

I don't want to force her to come with me.

I don't want to sentence her to dying purely because of my own selfishness.

"....Are humans really suffering so much that it has become necessary to find this sort of help?"

I pause.

"..."

I can't answer her. I can't find the reason to respond to such a question.

Because --

I can't possibly know if everyone suffers as much as I do.

"When I was born," I begin, staring into the darkness, "I was unwanted. I was the strange girl, the lonely girl, the one who sold information in a graveyard to pass the time."

It's true.

Even now, I'm not really wanted. I'm just... another person.

"I've met so many people in the short time I've spent since my return to Tokyo. And... I don't want them all to vanish. I don't want to throw away everyone into that sinking sea of time and turn back the clock just because... just because somebody doesn't like the ending to their story. We just keep resetting, and resetting, and resetting until everything ends, and I..."

I just want to save everyone.

I just want an ending where everyone can be happy.

Looking into the darkness, a small smile grows on my face. "I don't want to force anyone to die with me. I don't want anyone to suffer just because I asked them to. I just want to find an ending where everyone can be happy. And if... If I have to die so everyone else can live, then that's... okay, right?"

It's not okay.

I don't want to die.

I don't want to shatter all my hopes and dreams for the sake of the world.

I don't want to let everything end.

"But... If there's even the slightest possibility that I can save everything -- then I have to take that chance. So... please. Please help me save everyone. Please help me protect everything. Please help me stand when I can't bear to anymore. And in return I'll... I'll do the same for you. When you want to save someone, I'll be there to help you. If you want to protect something, I'll protect it with you. And when you can't stand, I'll be by your side to make it a little more bearable. I just... I just -- !!"

I just want to be a hero.

I just want to save everyone.

No matter what, no matter the cost to myself, I'll -- !!

"I'll definitely save everyone! Even if it takes everything I have, I'll fight to my last breath to save them! I know it'll be hard, but... I have to try! I have to try my best to protect this one thing that matters to me, even if it hurts."

And even if it hurts --

Even if there's no way to come back from this edge --

I still have to try.

"Even if humankind suffers so much, there's a girl on an island that's reading a story. Even if the Kyuubi cries out in hate and rage, there are still souls inside of it that cry out for salvation! So I have to... I have to -- !!"

I have to save everyone.

No exceptions.

No qualifiers.

"I have to save them!"
    in the end we will make thoughtcrime impossible, for there shall be no words to express it

#THELEGENDNEVERDIES

[01:05.15] <@Spinach> I can flash gang signs faster than Sasuke can perform ninjutsu and I rap like Medea's High Speed Divine Words.

Blog Entries
    Hitoshira Nagi
    Shadow Vortex ~ Depths

A hand emerges from the darkness before you.

Saying nothing, it is a pale hand that reminds you of both humanity and demon kind; the hand of someone who had been trapped in a void for billions upon billions of years, who had stayed right where she was because she believed that she belonged right where she was. She was a demon who had brought ruin to the human world, who had started a war that seemed like it would never truly end, and thus some would say she was a demon of the worst sort.

Having little to say to your speeches or declarations, the woman's answer is simply this outstretched hand. Radiating with power, power that had been shielded as best as she could from the conditions of the void, the woman calmly holds out her hand as if she wants you to shake it, to seal some sort of deal, and the moment you think to take it...

A face emerges from the shadows as well, crimson eyes peering across an infinite vastness.

"I have been here for some time. I remember very little, but my name..."

Another pause.

Then...

"I believe it was Lilith."

The name of a legendary devil falling from her lips, nevertheless...

For some reason...

You feel like this being... Is a bit too kind for that to be her true name.

But... You also didn't get the sense that she was purposefully lying either.
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Blog Entries
    Hitoshira Nagi
    Shadow Vortex ~ Depths

A hand emerges from the darkness before me, after I speak, pale and lithe, and a kind face behind it.

"I have been here for some time. I remember very little, but my name..."

She pauses, a second of emptiness in between her words.

"I believe it was Lilith."
    Lilith.

Adam's first wife. The most beautiful girl in all of the world. Lilith.

But...

It's a lie of omission. But I don't care anymore. I take her hand.

"Hello. My name is Hitoshira Nagi. I look forward to working with you!"

It's a contract formed, one of words and deeds that can't be broken so easily. I smile at the woman in front of me, inclining my head. "Th-thank you. For believing in me."

A pause.

I don't know how to exit the shadow vortex, this void of shadows and darkness, that Mark had summoned for me. I blink owlishly at my newfound friend, and stammer -

"U-um... How do we leave? I... I was angry when I wanted to enter the Vortex and I... I never learned how to leave."

#THELEGENDNEVERDIES

Blog Entries
    Hitoshira Nagi
    Shadow Vortex ~ Depths

"Yes, I'm sure you did," voice carrying a tinge of mocking again, the strange duality of kindness and abrasion making itself known again as the demon squeezes your wrist with an annoyed strength, "That seems to be your main flaw. Doing things without thinking about the ramifications of your actions. Think child, a fool does not live long."

Rough advice, but no real hostility.

Even so...

Entranced somehow by her appearance, it's the beginning of a sharp pain, of something burying into the skin of your wrist, that causes you to look down at the joined hands.

There are chains now, chains that crawled like snakes all across the surface of the two arms. The purpose of them is instinctively clear, the chains are a sign of contract, a necessary step because of a "Law" humans had made a long time ago when it came to the use of demons in their world, and one that neither of you could bypass even if the kind of contract you wanted was something more "friend-like" in nature.

"But I will cover for you this once. To return to your world is simple, I will take us there."

Spiritual Power gathers.

An aura of thick purple, so intense that it's visible, lights up the otherwise blank void. Shadows flee at the sight; they are something you only see for a moment, crawling, transient forms that lack both feature and expression, those demons that had been banished to this side, and had run out of power to sustain themselves as anything other than 'shades.'

Seeing them, the demon, the apparent Lilith, says nothing.

She has little feeling towards demons, love or hate, only one elicited any strong reaction; yes...

Showing far more sympathy towards humanity than her imprisoned brethren, the chains dig deeper, soul linking to soul, and for just a moment, an image flashes across the surface of your eyes.

Of a young woman, walking alone in a garden, past the branches of a great tree.

And stops when she hears a voice.

"...However, know this. I have never done this before, so where exactly we will wind up inside of that world... Is beyond me."

Saying something ominous...

Light overcomes all of your senses.

---

Hitoshira Nagi
    ???

It's cold.

Finding yourself face-down in what seems to be snow, the feeling of the demon, Lilith, grabbing you by the back of your shirt and lifting you back onto your feet is the second sensation that you feel.

Grey skies and cool winds.

Surrounded by a forest of trees, the environment in which you find yourself is one that does not resemble the beach from which you had previously left the world.

Yes...

Looking around... You can feel with some certainty...

"...So this is the form of the world, huh?"

That this is not Japan...
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Blog Entries
    Makoto Fujioka
    Dream Aoyama – Rooftops
    Morning

"That's easy."

A dull voice that holds no excitement is the voice that answers your question; having agreed weeks ago to answer whatever questions you may have to the best of her ability if you had happened to find her, the woman doesn't seem to have forgotten the promise, although by that same token, she doesn't seem to be too amused by the nature of the question itself, as if she considered it to be too childish, or perhaps out of place.

"I want to be able to celebrate a new birthday, not repeat old ones."

The answer is blunt.

Hinting at foreign truths, for a moment, you get the feeling that this particular onee-san is actually someone more akin to a grandmother, an adult of impossible to determine age in spite of the youthful body, but...

It fades as quickly as it had appeared, the woman going back to being someone who gave you no real impression at all, at least on a spiritual level.

"Yes... Being able to see 2009. That would be nice, but that's a gift I'll have to give out myself."

"..."

Falling into the background of the conversation, your teacher's expression changes from laughing to serious as he opens his mouth to say something...

Then thinks better of it.
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Blog Entries
    Hitoshira Nagi
    Shadow Vortex ~ Depths

Lilith agrees to my request, and a smile flashes over my face, as I grasp her hand and then --

"...However, know this. I have never done this before, so where exactly we will wind up inside of that world... Is beyond me."

The world goes white.

And the Vortex vanishes from my eyes.

Hitoshira Nagi
    ???

It's cold.

My eyelids shutter open, and a world of frost and ice awaits me, as Lilith wrenches me to my feet. I glance around the area, and all I see is...

White.

Grey skies, white snows, and trees tipped with ice.

This place --

It's not Japan. It's definitely not where I was last.

"...So this is the form of the world, huh?"

"One part of it, at least," I reply, brushing snow off my skirt as the frost tinges my legs. I can't heat up my body without using the Kyuubi's power, and as such I must survive with the ice. "Not the part we need to be at, though."

We're not in my home country; or is Italy my home now? I don't know. It's hard to tell, with how much time I've spent at both. But this place is... different. The taste of the air on my tongue is different. This is a place that's more untouched, a more dangerous place then normal.

"But we're already here, aren't we?" I grip my ax with one hand, glancing at Lilith. "We'll have to pick a direction and walk - once we find civilization, I can get us to where we need to be."

If I was a stronger person, I would just activate the Kyuubi's power, and teleport to Japan. But...

I'm not strong.

That's why I needed Lilith in the first place. Because I needed someone else's shoulder to lean on, instead of the Kyuubi's. So... I won't use that power. Not yet. Not so soon after I've received it, not when I know what it does to people like Yagami and myself. I'll walk, with my head held high. I'll walk, until I can't stand. Because the only person who can save me -- is me.

#THELEGENDNEVERDIES

Blog Entries
    Hitoshira Nagi
    Black Forest, Feldberg
    Evening

"..."

Lilith doesn't seem to care about exactly where you go, so in the end, the one that picks a direction to move in is you. Unwilling to tap into that darkness for the sole purpose of getting yourself home, you wisely choose to go about things in a more normal manner; the cold may be uncomfortable, but as an ESPer, in the end, it's nowhere even close to becoming a condition that could result in a fatality.

You'd be fine, even if you buried yourself completely in the snow.

Of course, the natural human part of your mind doesn't wish to actually test that sort of thing out; your instinct overriding things that you logically knew to be true from experience, so your footsteps carry a certain energetic pace, born from the desire to get back to a more normal condition as soon as you possibly could...

Which made the tragedy of your phone's dead battery all the more potent. A simple device, if it had been functioning, it was likely that you could solve all of your problems in the span of a few moments; satellite data to tell you where you were, phone calls to people who could probably pick you up if you just told them where you were...

Yes.

The phone's death had doomed you to a bit of a hike, but it wasn't that bad all things considered. Snow falling all around you, the tall figure of the demon, striding along beside you with an innately curious eye, is one that to most others, would seem like a bad omen. Clothed in black and grey, piercing crimson eyes standing out amidst the trees and mountains of white, the woman doesn't talk, lost in thoughts that had caused her gaze to burn with a bizarre intensity.

To someone who had spent millions of years in the void... The sight of the world was probably innately fascinating.

Lailah had seemed similarly charmed by everything around her.

Left with nothing to do as you walk, and clearly far from civilization, you watch someone who is watching the world, and as seconds turn to minutes, and minutes turn to hours without finding anyone or anything...

"...!"

You get the sudden sense that something has just passed you by, something that couldn't be seen, at least not with your eyes. It's appearance had been heralded by a gust of wind blowing across the snowscape, as if some sort of massive bird had shot past you with a single beat of it's wings. Eyes going sky-borne, you can't sense any spiritual power, at least not at first, but as the wave of ice roars into the distance...

You spy someone falling from the sky.

Appearing as if from nowhere, stepping out as if from beneath a veil, the person plunges through icy winds with a casual air that makes it clear the massive fall means absolutely nothing to her.

Landing a few dozen yards in front of you, her landing is accompanied by an explosion of snow and ice. The sheer absurdity of it makes it clear that this is not a natural event, having gone on and on for hours without finding anything, this sort of thing happening cannot be called random, it wouldn't have happened if you weren't here, yes...

The person that had just descended from the sky...

Was almost certainly here because you were here...

That person emerging from the cloud of snow and ice...

"...Yeah, definitely an ESPer. Looks like a Demon as well, so do the usual Alex... And stop complaining, lord knows you hardly work as it is."

Starts off talking about you like you weren't there, speaking into some sort of communication device on the collar of her shirt, but...

"Hey. Mind putting your hands behind your back and getting down on your knees so I can bind you? I'd rather not get into a fight today, and I know this request probably sucks for you, but the world's already going through some serious distortions... I can't just let a demon summoner wander around out here unchecked."

Turning her attention to you in short order, it ultimately seems like...

...She's trying to arrest you?
    Last edited by Airen; July 13th, 2017 at 08:45 PM.
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Makoto Fujioka
    Morning

“Hwaaaaa….”

Taken back by Chiaoko-nees words my mouth hangs open as I try to process it.

“Amazing it’s a time donut!”

Breaking out in a grin as I realize the information Chiaoko-nee gave me, ahahaha Chiaoko-nee, Chiaoko-nee did-

“…Hwa?”

As a gear begins to move with a scraping click I realize something “Chiaoko-nee searching for tomorrow… yet she makes decides what makes tomorrow so…”

Click, scrape, screech, the more I seem to think the more I can feel something twist inside of me. Twisting, growing, falling to the ground to rest where it perhaps should have been all along I stare absentmindedly. Things slowly twisting and falling into place a absentminded gaze becoming restless mirroring the mind in search.

“Should be able to decide tomorrow but can’t …something in the way? Someone… If in the way then that is enemy… Chiaoko-nee’s enemy is that what’s …if enemy then battle but, but Chiaoko-nee hasn’t given so it would be a… Missing.”

Click, click, click, scrape, scrape, scrape.

“Missing intent, if Chiaoko-nee was facing an enemy she would …fight but determination there, but is… if fighting you move to prevent the other person from… Chiaoko-nee, weather lady, paper bag ninja, restaurant lady and maybe more, no, not maybe. So fighting or …something else, opponent or no? If something is not an opponent then it’s a… If repeating enough then it wouldn’t become a stranger, not enemy, not stranger, what’s left is…”

Click, click, scrape, twist.

“Com …rade who I don’t, I don’t, I don’t, Idon’tIdon’tIdon’t I, do…”

Restless twisting amid hungry eagerness and violent emotion, a red forest growing upon the surface of a sea bearing imprint of an image, a target, stab, cut, slice, tear, crush, flay, bisect, quarter, debone, until nothing is left there was no other way. Hungry, itchy, restless, scratching need, eyes gain a sheen of polish as pupils twist into thin blades, words scrape with the endless metallic hunger to sharpen till everything falls to pieces and red intent squirms underneath the skin of hands dig through the ground they rest on as they are clenched.

Quote Originally Posted by 'Golden Dawn
    "Chiyoko."

In that instant, a man calls her from the doorway.

Tall, but rather thin, with pale skin and dark eyes and hair, the young man looks familiar somehow...

Yes...

A police officer...

You had definitely seen this person before...

At the...
    “Ah, I see… so that was waiting, sitting on the edges pushing and pulling, so, that’s who’s ahead.”

I remember, at the school, at the restaurant, I remember you, you who I want
    To Devour
    to have disappear

Sitting on the ground as I shift my gaze to the sky I can only wonder if the air was always this cold, gonna be hard, going to be cold.

“Ah…”

A quiet noise like the sound of air escaping something it is something that I even notice until it grows thunderous.

“Ah… ha, ha, AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.”

Laughter that grows until I can barely breath, it’s almost painful yet it feels so…

“HAHAHA, HA, haaaaaaaaaaaa.”

Refreshing, the sense of everything flowing out, of everything becoming light, of myself becoming no longer tir- Ah nope still tired, BLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEH. But despite the bracelets that Ane-san made me wear still constraining me I feel so much better.

“Sorry, sorry Chiaoko-nee but your wrong, that happen BECAUSE I’M THE ONE WHOSE GOING TO GIVE YOU YOUR BIRTHDAY PRESENT NOT YOU!” Once again grinning I point my finger forward and face her head on! “So the second question iiiiiiiiiiiiiis what’s your favorite flavor of cake nyahahahaha! Mmmm I also want to ask about what you want to know, what’s your question!”

Sorry, sorry for asking something that I probably asked in a different donut ring but that’s the thing about time donuts since they never end until they do I can’t break a promise until I do hwaaa take that ~

If the answer asked a question what would it be nyahaha it sounds to funny even if Kyoto would get mad at me again, mmmn maybe I should ask a Kyoto question for the next one.

Blog Entries
    Hitoshira Nagi
    Black Forest, Feldberg
    Evening

When a person falls from the sky, it is natural to be surprised.

Natural, it's natural, right? But I'm unnatural so...

When she falls, I watch with careful eyes, gripping my axe all the tighter.

"...Yeah, definitely an ESPer. Looks like a Demon as well, so do the usual Alex... And stop complaining, lord knows you hardly work as it is."

She's here for me.

No.

She's here for Lilith.

"Hey. Mind putting your hands behind your back and getting down on your knees so I can bind you? I'd rather not get into a fight today, and I know this request probably sucks for you, but the world's already going through some serious distortions... I can't just let a demon summoner wander around out here unchecked."

"Demon?" I say to the girl, who speaks with such neutrality. It's a careful, careful dance I'm about to play -- one of lies and trickery and deceit. "You're mistaken, sorry. It's me more then her - she's just a friend of mine."

I pull up my sleeve, revealing the elaborate architecture of seals that coat my arm. It's an intricate design that covers almost all of the skin on my arm, swirling upwards to my neck, and the entire structure glows with a crackling red - it's the Kyuubi, hissing beneath my skin, whispering into my ears, demanding exit when there is no way out.

"Kyuubi throws everyone off, doesn't it?" I smile at her, leaning against my weapon. "Demonic, definitely - but a summoner? I can barely use my power, let alone summon."

A lie.

A lie hidden within a lie.

For I'm no 'summoner', after all - it's a contract, a binding between both of our souls that ties us together. A summoner calls from the Vortex to this world, while I walked in the Vortex and asked for aid. There's a difference, a line - ever so thin, but a line nonetheless - that separates Solomon and Ptolemy. While one called demons to his aid, the other walked amongst them, as if he was one of them. I laugh, a short, quiet thing, and glance at Lilith.

She's following my lead, but I have no idea where I'm leading.

"Wouldn't there be signs of a summoning, anyways? When Belial was conjured, I saw those signs. We're just walking through the snow, more then anything else."

Tricks, deceit, and cunning - and I've only just contracted with Lilith.

I'm sure she approves.

#THELEGENDNEVERDIES

Blog Entries
    Mikagura Mika
    Dream Aoyama ~ Beach

“It’s a pleasure to meet you,” I say, dabbling into useless pleasantries. Even if the world will not fall apart now, it will, inevitably. Even if I get the feeling some things simply can’t be rushed, we have little time. And so, I’m here, by the sea, the gentle breeze almost relaxing, the smell reminding me of more carefree days.

Carefree days we don’t quite have anymore.

“And yes, your knowledge is desired. Tell me everything. Yami gave me the gist of the situation, and I have a bargain with Tamamo to uphold. I want to know every painstaking detail of your encounter with the Kyuubi.”

Straight, direct, to the point. This is business. Many lives are riding on the line. Humanity’s future is essentially up to me. I won’t let anything be up to chance. I just have to do something most people consider impossible to even give us a chance…