Page 133 of 165 FirstFirst ... 3383123128131132133134135138143 ... LastLast
Results 2,641 to 2,660 of 3296

Thread: Ga Rei: Exodus Nine (IC)

Gläubig müssen die nicht sein, daran glauben müssen sie I3uster's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Suzume Oshino
    Original Aoyama - Streets

Their hunger is not so easily stilled. The flames still fill the air with a crackling sound, and although this body is tough beyond the normal human limits, the cinders in the air still made it hard to breathe. I wonder if it is another consequence of their unnatural origin, but I don't have the occultists spirit of my friend to waste much more thought on it.

Still, one thing is easy to see as the flames take the shape of grasping hands...

They seek out life, specifically human life. Aogami still seems quite unimpressed, enthusiastically answering my orders but...

The relentless attacks Joan dishes out make me reconsider my own hesitation. What am I doing? Onmyoudo while she is in there, taking blows for me? This is just the safest option...the flames would kill me otherwise.

Then...it would once again be me that dragged everyone down. Even after what I am shown to become...in one reality anyways, I still lag behind. But...

I can't let it happen this time.

I can't let them treat me like a burden. Not anymore. "I" have shown "myself" the way...it is high time that I seize it. Not another wasted opportunity.

I evade the hands grasping at me. The heat almost singes my calves, but it seems that the adrenaline rush I felt prevented any worse things from happening. Though calling it a simple rush would be understating it. It felt more like there is something stirring below the surface of my thoughts...

I take a last, deep breath. I couldn't be wallowing in this forever...I have to change.

Thankfully, a lot of the work necessary for this had not been done by myself...

As I brace myself for what is about to come, I feel a familiar presence appear behind me, as if freezing water is running down my back.

I had to act quick.

----

Aogami

She had relentlessly pursued her target. An order was not necessary. The human seemed to think she had a bit more control than she really did...but she would indulge her for now. To play around with her had been a lot of fun so far, and another layer to this game would only make it more fun for everyone involved.

It is said demons perceive the world differently than humans. To them, spiritual power is as easily perceivable as size, and as beings that do not technically require a corporeal form it had taken its importance.

And so, to her it was as if she was a mouse facing off as a giant.

But wasn't exactly such an imbalance what made a challenge? And a challenge not what makes a game thrilling?

If only the woman had played by the rules, this could have been fun...but yet, she decided to involve someone between them. Not only the knightly maiden...oh, what a thrilling game she plays...but also her very own master?

This would not stand. There were too many players involved. Her master seemed to think so too. As she pivoted in mid-air, ready to attack, she felt something come over her, making her reconsider.

It was time for something new.

-----

Suzume Oshino

I feel her grip tighten around my neck. Speaking, as hard as it had been with the smoke inhalation, has become an impossibility. All I can hope for is that Aogami simply feels what I projected. As Aya drags me, I try my best to struggle, just to slow her down for another second. My legs keep getting kicked out under me as I try desperately to hold her back.

I see Aogami coming closer and closer.

My consciousness seems to fade more and more.

I my power on Aogami and me.

And with my last conscious breaths as Suzume Oshino I still the very souls inhabiting our body completely. Two, pure identical drops in the sea of souls, ready for the eclipse that was about to come.

----

Light consumed the limp body of Suzume Oshino as Aogami arrived.

The very foundation of their being altered.

Their souls, entwined.

Nourished by a human choir not meant to sing for a devil, something else entirely escaped the flash.
    Class Change
    Eclipse Diver -> Penumbral
    Demon -> Penumbral

----

Suzume AOGAMI

The flames felt like a light tingle. It was the only sensation upon awakening, like a silk being run across her skin. It almost felt...pleasant, but they were not harmless to her. It had to be an effect of the shift in her perception. It wasn't quite like something she was used to...not in any of the two ways she could think of. But she did feel the spiritual pressure in the air, much keener than before.

And then, the physical sensation returned...the tight grip around her neck. Time seemed to pass so slowy...it must have only been a second or two. But it is often said that time passes slower for the younger...and she was basically a newborn. Experience accrued, yes, but this body was quite new to her regardless.

It was time to test it.

Right as she was about to be dragged into an Inferno, she simply gripped the girls head from behind, and threw her into the concrete.

The sound of the impact resembled a hand grenade.

As the shrine maiden looked up at what had previously been comparatively weak prey, she must have noticed a few key differences.

A set of noticeable canine teeth peeked through her grin. Two, slit eyes mustered her prey.

And on top of her head were two, new twitching organs, visibly jittering from the explosive sound.

In the face of the unexpected success, the strange new lifeform could not help herself but strike a cocky pose in the middle of combat.

"What's the matter? Cat got your tongue?"

Wiseup!
    Eclipse Diver: Superposition Penumbra

Using her ESP and long established bond of trust with Aogami she stills the very nature of their souls rather than just calming their emotional states, Using Aogami's shape-changing abilities Aogami essentially "fuses" with Suzume, creating a new kind of being. Nominally Suzume as the Eclipse Diver is still more in control, however she adopts some of the more cocky and playful aspects of Aogami's personality. In the end it is hard to tell where Suzume ends and Aogami begins in this state.

During this fusion Suzume adopts a pair of visible cat ears, slit eyes as well as a slight growth to her canine teeth. Otherwise her exterior is unaffected (contrary to Aogami's "human" form she lacks any tail).

The Eclipse Diver mode modifies the abilities of Suzume as well as Aogami by giving both of them access to each other's full skill suite and creating unpredictable synergistic effects from it. Essentially, this mode makes Aogami cease to be a demon and Suzume cease to be a human to create something entirely new.

Love and Peace -> Highly Responsive to Prayer
    Illusion Mastery -> Highly Responsive to Prayer
    Onymoudoji -> Deophage
    Spirit Eater -> Deophage

Class:
    Penumbral

A unique existence sharing traits of demons and Eclipse Divers alike. Effects with exclusive effectivity versus one of these types of beings no longer apply. Aogami is immune to banishment attacks and Suzume becomes immune to attacks affecting a pure human. However, attacks that specifically target the connection between them like an exorcism are remarkably effective.

[04:55] Lianru: i3uster is actuallly quite cute

Blog Entries
    Mikagura Mika
    Aoyama Ruins

Everything goes as expected.

Rather, my understanding of the Devourer’s nature is rather on point. It’s truly disinterested in inflicting excessive suffering and its arrogance is certainly not unfounded. As for the state of Aoyama… I’m not too surprised either. People can make vows like protecting everyone all they want, but when it comes down to it, saving every life is downright impossible. It’s the best anyone can do to save those they find precious.

With a sigh, I wonder what do in this lull. I guess if there is anyone I should talk to about our fate, it should be the one that’s contracted to be by my side at all times. After all, her destiny is intertwined with mine, and it’s only fair I know her opinion about the matter.

“Hey, Genbu,” I say into the empty air, knowing she will hear anyway. “Do you really think we can pull ourselves out of this mess?”

The Time-Governing Twelve Covenants Airen's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Suzume AOGAMI

It seemed that just like her former significant other, Aya -or at least the body of Tsukino Aya- was one that could take frankly absurd amount of damage without showing any signs of that damage slowing her down in any real way, but at the same time...

She also wasn't being as aggressive as the sense of killing intent declared that she should be; it was a sign of the inner resistance, the futile attempt at stopping her own body from just rampaging around under the direct control of the 'shadow' in her thoughts. She both wants to attack and does not want to attack; the curse declares that she must even as her consciousness declares that she must not, and the existence of that struggle is what has kept her from tapping completely into the power this body held, at least...

Up until now, it had been...

The entity moving the body was fighting a war on many fronts against humanity, but the change in the state of Suzume Oshino was one that interests it enough to draw it's full attention to this particular struggle, and...

"A hybrid? Well isn't that new..."

The voice that speaks comes in two layers. While Aya's voice is the dominant one, and her vocal chords are certainly the things doing the real work of communication, the undercurrent of her voice is one that can only be described as 'legion,' it is many people talking in unison, some men, some women, all human, speaking aloud as one entity as they regard a particularly bizarre form of half-demon, and-

"That's cute Suzume-chan! I like it!"

The voices are mocking; the tones are all different from each other, but somehow the sensation that appears is that they're mocking you; of course, hailing from the darkness of those black flames, the black river of humanity's darkest thoughts and impulses, the sheer malice of that undiluted negativity only allows those sorts of responses and indeed, forcing Aya to her feet, the girl that has been battered left and right up until now-!

Stares right at you with crimson eyes, a discharge of spiritual power the only real sign of aggression she shows-!

*Ba-Dump*

Move.

While the motion itself is not threatening, the instincts of a demon and the human's natural sense of killing intent declare that they need to move now; and as a result, the body immediately flings itself twenty meters to the side to avoid an attack that doesn't seem to be appearing, but the instant that thought appears...

----So does a vortice in the space in which you had been standing; it is not a true black hole -otherwise escape would have been much much more difficult- but the vacuum that appears in space certainly bears the strength to rip an unprepared superhuman from where they stand and drag them into it's depths, like a wound in the world that was desperately trying to fill itself to become whole again, something that would have likely dragged you inside of itself if it had caught you unawares. The effective range seems to be twenty-five or so meters, as moving around under your own power becomes stress less at around that distance, but-

"Ah you're no fun-!"

In spite of being an absurd sort of phenomena, she shows no strain at keeping them open with seemingly infinite stores of power; indeed, closing it with a snap of her fingers once she confirms that you've more or less figured it out, the crawling flames become hundreds of burning black lances that surround her position and rocket towards you as a barrage of magical weapons and...

Meanwhile...

Slipping a ring onto her finger, a ring that would literally set her soul aflame for the purposes of crafting a "Holy Fire," Joanna Cross...

Waits in the shadows of a ruined apartment complex, watching with a vague sense of frustration as the fight slowly speeds up to a level that she can't quite match as a human...

She was supposed to be stronger than this...

The whole point of training as hard as she had been... Was for the purposes of being able to keep up with her sister.

To protect Sayuri.

To not let down her friends...

The ambient flames make that frustration all the heavier, as the fires feed off of her growing unease, anger, and frustration with herself for losing the role of protector so quickly and...

...Deep inside her chest.

Something starts to burn of it's own accord, not the holy flames... No...

Something else...
    Exodus (Complete)

Even if the author is silenced, the performance is stilled and the actors leave the stage, the story will never truly end.

Regardless of the form it takes, as long as there are memories of it's existence, the story will continue on.

In a small ward in the heart of a once devastated town, life carries on as it always has...

Because of you.

Please, remember it warmly.

We'll continue to walk down this path for eternity.

Mugen No Sekai

"The Illusion Incomplete Memories Produce Are,

Fleeting, Disappearing into the Future,

Until the Ruins of Yesterday Overflow,

For That Which Falls Only to Rise is Simply a--"

Blog Entries
    Medrod Pendragon
    Aoyama Ruins

"..."

Normally she would just let you pass by.

There were times in life when certain confrontations simply weren't worth the hassle, and the sight of a certain well known ESPer hunter was not the kind of encounter that was she really hoping to get into right now...

At least, not in this moment.

It would be a lie to say that she had never had any intention of confronting him, in the end, she is an agent of the SDCD, and as an agent it was her job to arrest those sorts of people when it came down to it... At the very least, even if she let him continue to walk free for the purposes of his strength being used against the Devourer, she should at least lecture him about his crimes now that it looked like the youth had finally calmed down some, but...

"...Sit down."

For some reason, the sight of a defeated face annoyed her enough that she felt the need to do something about it; of course that's not the only reason, doing her best to divert her mind from the massive task that awaits in the future, she finds it easier to think about these small things, these little mundane things that don't involve somehow defeating 'God,' of course even in these smaller things she was worried...

Suzume and Joanna had yet to return, but in her current state...

It wasn't like she could really go looking for them either, she was a step away from collapse as is, and because of that...

"You like coffee?"

You somehow find yourself sitting across from her at a normal fire burning without wood, something she had simply put together with a light snap of her fingers; she was a coffee shop owner in her daily life so in a sense it wasn't that surprising but...

"Cuz it looks like you're gonna drop dead from exhaustion..."

...She was being strangely pleasant, brewing a pot of the ever rich beverage over her small magical fire.

"I don't have any sugar or milk on me though, didn't set the recall spells for them right... So it can't really be helped..."
    Exodus (Complete)

Even if the author is silenced, the performance is stilled and the actors leave the stage, the story will never truly end.

Regardless of the form it takes, as long as there are memories of it's existence, the story will continue on.

In a small ward in the heart of a once devastated town, life carries on as it always has...

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Blog Entries
    Mikagura Mika
    Aoyama Ruins

It takes the demon awhile to respond to the inquiry.

While she has been recovering ever since the beating she took inside of the Kyuubi, it wasn't like the Celestial Turtle had spent all of that time simply sleeping, it had been watching events unfold with a keen interest, looking for the truth beyond the sudden influx and rush of forbidden knowledge, and...

It is a hard to answer question, to be honest, she does not know the answer, but...

"...Humanity will always find a way to win in the end, it never fails. I know it looks bad, it looks really, really bad... But I'm sure we'll find a way out of the fire in the end, we always do!"

...She at least knows this much to be true. It's a bit of an exaggeration, the sheer fact that this cycle of time had happened at all was a sign that humanity did not always win in the end, but...

"So don't be overcome just yet! Think positive! Like what you'll do once this is all over-"

A pause.

...A pause that the demon lets drag on a bit too long, as if something had crossed it's mind that it hadn't considered up until now, and...

"Actually Mika..."

...Suddenly, it feels like she's the one preparing to ask the question...

"...When this is all over... Will you still want me around?"

Blunt.
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Jonathan R. Black
    Shadow Vortex

"Hiding, is probably not the way to go about it. More like - trying to kill. Simply, she was in my way, and I in hers."

Jonathan merely shrugged. His attack had gone awry, but this was a new turn of events.

"You don't seem to be who I was trying to get rid of, however. Still, I'll ask you this one question."

Jonathan raised his two hands to his sides.

"Are you also someone who wishes to stagnate all of humanity? Or are you one who is willing to fight for progress?"

Blog Entries
    Jonathan R. Black
    Shadow Vortex

"Neither."

The voice is completely calm, eerily emotionless.

"This humanity is already dead, it's only future lies in destruction. I am here to fix the error of it's existence."

...It is definitely no longer the reporter in that body. Claiming that it is here to destroy the world without any sense of irony or humor, the thing that simply must be the Great Devourer itself just raises a hand to the infinite darkness, peering into the shadows as if it could see the things -the demons- that resided within it depths, but was also doing nothing about their existence...

So long as they stayed out of it's way.

"...Still unpleasant."

A snap of it's fingers returns you to reality.

A power that can't be struggled against, something different from the manipulation of time, the void is replaced by starlit skies, and the sound of distant sirens re-erupts in the world around you...

You're back in Aoyama.

The darkness is gone; the black flames and black mud have dissipated completely and the sight of rushing ambulances and police cars is almost distressingly common in the distance, and...

"Tomorrow this world comes to an end."

It states this calmly, and simply looks at you... As if awaiting your response.

...That gaze is as heavy as the planet now.
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Blog Entries
    Mikagura Mika
    Aoyama Ruins

It’s my turn to pause when Genbu asks that question. Disregarding her extinguished optimism, I can’t say I’ve ever thought of the future in a concrete manner. Everything I have done up to this point… has been to preserve a nebulous tomorrow, one that I’ve never bothered to predict. No dreams or hopes, just the idea that there will be a “next day.”

So, in short, I’ve never thought about how this arrangement would last beyond what currently exists. Whatever the new world may be, it will inevitably have its sort of struggles. And I suppose that if there was going to be a new world, whether or not it would have demons would also be up in the air, even if that result may be much likelier in the wake of what occurred in the past.

Supposing they did exist, though…

“I can’t think of a reason not to,” I say, trying to sound casual. While that statement is true, I also have a hard time concretely defining why I want her to stick around. “It ends when we say it ends, and I don’t feel like that will happen anytime soon.”

Though, I suppose, sometimes those vague feelings are all a person needs to make a decision.

Blog Entries
    Mikagura Mika
    Aoyama Ruins

"I see."

The normally teasing and unflappable demon had almost seemed anxious while waiting for your answer, and the shift in a tone that you could only feel, feel because it's souls resided right next to your own, was a bizarre feeling that wasn't entirely unpleasant, simply...

Strange.

"I'll believe you."

Even so...

"...My old summoner had said the same thing as well, but in the end, he sealed us away all the same."

It's a story you already know, but since she seems to have found reason to bring it up... You listen all the same; in spite of her choice in form, the demon had always held the dignity of an 'elder,' something like an older sister, or perhaps an eccentric -slightly corruptive- aunt, yet...

"I couldn't blame him. Humans against Demons... That fight has been going on forever... I can't even say why or how it started, not really, but..."

A pause.

"This world is fun. Humans are fun, but... If all that happens is conflict, if everyone just fights each other... It might be for the best if everyone stays away from each other. If you get the chance... It might be better to do what Master Zerah did..."

Even it, with all of it's countless ages of experience...

Was unsure about how to feel about that aspect of the future.

In other words, while she certainly wants to stay...

...She wouldn't blame you for doing what Zerah did in the end...

"...But I want to stay. I want to try to make the world work. The cycle won't stop until someone stops it... But do you think something like that can even be stopped? Conflict itself is probably impossible to ever fully erase but... Could a world of coexistence work?"

A war that's raged on in countless worlds over countless years.

Asking the questions for once, asking her summoner, a human, one of her humans, that demon, the turtle in disguise...

Questions what the right thing here is...

...Even though no such answer likely exists.
    Last edited by Airen; May 19th, 2018 at 07:03 PM.
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Makoto Fujioka
    End of the World

Hoping, cursing, yearning, and wishing I put everything I have as I hack away at that thing. It’s not enough to cut the physical I have to go beyond, the spirit, the world. Aiming for this ideal I reach out and mercilessly devour what I cut. Create, consume, destroy, refine, recreate the simple formula achieve a miracle, that procedural madness of a heart drowning in hope. Push forward, again, again, again, again, again and agai-

==Factor of Time==

Pain.

Inability.

Helplessness.

Crushed before I can finish I’m left broken on the ground my body unable to move, my mind barely conscious, everything still struggling to catch up and restart.

“Mr. Fujioka, I like your spirit, and I will be borrowing that sword of yours for a moment, but you are far too young to be putting your life on the line so blatantly! Tachibana, Fujiwara! Same goes for you!"

?

Unable to fully grasp the words in time I’m to slow and powerless to stop Sensei. My mind to slow to register meaning, my body to slow to act, my soul to slow to fully register the sense of revulsion and rejection as he steal’s myself.

“Ah…”

Cursing this body that is to slow to grasp his ankle and cursing this self that is to slow in severing his fingers and tearing myself from his grasp I’m left blankly staring as everything is settled without me.

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah…”

Pulling myself up as my arms and legs finally regenerate themselves I stare trying to process the sight I’m seeing.

“Who…”

Stumbling forward to get a closer look I try to process what lies before me.

“What…”

Reaching out my fingers touch upon ash and dissolving spirit as I try to understand what I’m looking at.

“Why?”

Unable to understand, unable to comprehend I stand there holding onto the dissolving shadow.

"The happy ending has already been prepared."

“Mr. Fujioka, I like your spirit, and I will be borrowing that sword of yours for a moment, but you are far too young to be putting your life on the line so blatantly! Tachibana, Fujiwara! Same goes for you! That sort of thing is a task for the adults.

There is nothing to fear. Even if it turns out that fate cannot be overturned, do not assume that fate is exactly what it appears to be... It may claim it is the void, but... What I saw at the end... Was a sky full of stars. As long as you see it that way yourselves... Then I'm sure the future will open up no matter what this God has to say about it, if it's you, all of you... Then you'll definitely get there."

"...Remember that, it's your last lesson."

"...I told you. I came here to "Rescue" everyone.”
    “Sensei… That doesn’t make sense. What is happy… How is this everyone…”

Confusion and disbelief consume me as I grasp that “thing” before me, I reject and I disbelieve, I can’t and I won’t accept this.

“Sensei why are you lying?”

Why was it called everyone if there were things missing?

“Sensei why are you running away?”

Why was it called good when it was disgusting?

I don’t…

“Sensei please stop, you…”

I don’t like this…

Unable to hold myself back I wrap my arms around it and reject this with all my strength.

“Aaaaaaaaahahahaha.”

Twisted laughter bubbles up until it takes on a sense of wetness and dissolves into coughing. The body begins to tremble as spasms begin. Symptoms of the metallic slivers that have begun emerging, sharp and abrasive they grow and move their way through a body as wounds that should have already healed begin to open up once again.

There was a sensation of burning from within, the rampaging emotions awakened as old wounds that had fully healed were torn open. There was a sensation of drowning, of crushing pressure within the chest. Bottlenecked and smothering no ability to breathe no capacity to scream out just a sense of helplessness as one slips beneath the turbulent waves. Burning that desired to be quenched in that soothing crimson of blood, pressure that ached to be released even it had to tear itself free.

Sharp edged whispers and a crushing grip that refuses to let anything escape.

“Sensei, Sensei why are you running away don’t you know that just throwing away everything like this is just running away. Running away from us, running away from your wish, running away from the world don’t you think that’s a bit shameful are you a coward Sensei? If you’re going to say big things like that then you should remain to see them through you know?

Sensei… Sensei I think I might really hate you. Always laughing, smiling and saying things will be fine but… What good is that talk if you let yourself end up like this. Unreliable, liar, hesitant, coward, stupid, annoying, stop trying to be fancy stupid stupid Sensei only good at funny business. Aaaaaa yeah, yeah Sensei I really, really, really want to be the one to kill you with my own hands so that’s why…

You had better use that annoying power of yours to steal this healing energy getting or else…

Although I can’t tell if it would help at this point I refuse anything like this so that’s why if using the healing from this power doesn’t work then work something out with what I took from annoying fake policeman and Chiaoko-nee. If that doesn’t work then I’ll eat you here and now until Ane-san and Megane can work out a body and if that doesn’t work then I’ll drag you back with force. I have no need for a world or fate that would let this happen so if anything gets in my way I’ll cut it down.

It’s super-duper stupid, everyone else gets to ignore being dead and muddles everything up so don’t you dare act like this is the end. You don’t get to decide the end and no matter what or where you run I’ll drag you back …I remember your colour, I remember your touch, I remember you soul and I’ll never let it get away.

So you better hurry up because otherwise I’m going to give you a ultra-mega super painful detention yeah… mhmhmhm you better hurry up and stop me Sensei or I’m going to cut down your fake happy ending. I don’t like stupid fake policeman and I bet I don’t care about lots of other things that you love, hurry, hurry, hurry, hurryhurryhurryhurry or I’m going to make sure there’s nothing left.

Wishes and curses, pains of the body and soul, anguish new and old, a painful weight and depth of feeling straining against everything as a sword unable to control itself tries to rid itself of powerlessness. A spiraling spiderweb of cracks upon an impartially tempered heart as the dark red that lies beneath it seeps through.

Please don’t die, please come back, please I don’t want everything to fall apart.
    Last edited by Vritra; May 19th, 2018 at 08:01 PM.

Blog Entries
    Intermission
    Katsuro and Makoto
    "The Promise"

The body is already shorting out.

The damage of a fight against "God," is not something so easily wiped away with willpower, and yet the boy that rises, that rushes, to reach the figure of his fading teacher is one that forces itself to move anyway. Vision blurs, the shape of a disappearing man is hard to make out beyond crimson hazes and metallic shadows, and yet something is certainly standing there on the edge of the horizon, surrounded by destruction on his final battlefield.

The sun is setting.

As if the world has timed the fall into shadows with the life that ebbs out from what is already a corpse, Nakahara Katsuro exists in a world of static and long forgotten memories; it was not a terrible farewell, the pain had faded out the instant his body had recognized it's absolute defeat at the other end of that strike, and thus, it would have been easy to just silently fall into the Sea and rest; there is nothing anyone can do, and so much of his soul is already gone that only fragments could possibly but stolen away but...

---Those sorts of cries are troubling, in a way that gives even a fading body pause.

His existence has been long, and what many could even call troublesome; to the youth it is but the span of their lives that has led them up to this moment, to the teacher, this is the end of a road that he has been on for thousands of years.

An endless circle.

Searching for a "happy ending" that this world will not allow to exist, but-

"I am many things Mr. Fujioka, but a liar is not one of them."

-Somehow, the man that exists as little more than his torso, grinded away by the wind, manages to speak with the same voice as always; he is not scared or depressed, or if he is he is not showing it in his final moments, indeed...

That voice is as warm as always...

"It will be Christmas Break soon, and I do not do things for free."

...And it even speaks of inconsequential things, as if this was no different than any other day at school; his voice is distant and hard to read, but all the same, even though your own emotions are draining whatever's left of your stamina for this desperate bid that can only end in despair, you cling to him all the same, trying to hold onto what's there, and indeed, for a moment...

It seems to stop disappearing.

"I will give you a bonus assignment. I want a report on what you do over the holidays. I will not accept rampages or mood swings, and I want it to be in English, if you do that for me..."

A pause...

"...I will be sure to be there to grade it. Be good, or I will know. The happy ending won't come if you don't believe."

...It's a promise he can't keep.

"However, I have been fighting for a long time, so for now... I want to take a nap."

There's absolutely no way he can keep it, just looking at him is enough for that to be clear to everyone there, but looking at the him that has stopped his own disintegration purely through an absurd willpower even if only for a few moments, that man keeps talking...

Until Fujioka Makoto's body gives way to exhaustion once more, it is inevitable, after exposing himself to so many different foreign powers, pushing his own ESP to it's limit, and taking as much as a beating from that God and the mud as he had, it was a miracle that he had even managed to reach his teacher at all, but, letting the unconscious form down as best as he can with what remains of his own self, willpower doing what the lack of limbs could not...

"No one is allowed to teach my class except for me, and it is not like me to lose to anyone... Therefore... This is not a... Goodbye..."

Reassuring not just the young man, but all the rest of his students as well, the teacher that had fought for their happiness right up until the end, continues to smile, denying that this is the end of his road-

"I will... See you all... After break... So no slacking..."

-Right up until the time the sun sets...

And his body vanishes completely.

(BGM off)

A promise that can't be kept from a man who denied being a liar.

A hope that can only exist if people believe in it.

...Much like the future.

---

One hour later.

...There was a meeting ground of sorts in the center of town, and the students had wound up taking the wounded there of their own accord; for the students of Aoyama Gakuen the trip back had been quiet but full of something that closely resembled some mix of indignation, rage, and sadness at the loss of a teacher that should have been invincible.

Aion had revealed herself to be Yoko-sensei shortly after awakening, and when faced with the reality of her Summoner's defeat, had gone silent in a way that didn't help the overwhelming atmosphere of despair. Even so, she rose with her usual strength in spite of her silence, carrying Makoto on her back, and leading the others back through a city that was no longer under assault by darkness, that was swarming with humans, with ambulances and police cars, before eventually arriving at the heart of the ward...

There was an airship flying just above the remains of what had once been the memorial park.

People, ESPers, exorcists and normal humans alike, both familiar and unfamiliar, are wandering around with an unfocused air; speaking with any of them simply results in knowledge that you already know...

That the Devourer had survived it's final battle with your teacher, and had set a challenge, itself against the world, that would take place come sunrise...

...So the nightmare wasn't over.

It was continuing on... And somehow...

It just felt unfair.

Like that God had spit on that man's efforts.

The airship seemed to have been full of soldiers who are now patrolling the area and helping with rescue efforts; wearing something akin to riot gear, with strange devices strapped to their arms, there's a definite military presence here -German judging by how they spoke to each other- that had taken up residence in the city for the purposes of getting it back under control, and...

Here now... Where many of your fellows have gathered...

The end of the world draws ever near...

...Merely fuel for the fire that was the sense of gloom; your bodies had been practically torn to shreds, even when those who had been beaten to the point of unconsciousness had awakened, their reserves had been at zero and their bodies had been little better than that of normal humans as a result, a sign of extreme stress and...

Well...

There was time to think at least.

Quote Originally Posted by The Final Rest

Claire:! Makoto

Yoko/Aion:! Makoto, Saki

Yamuna:! Makoto, Saki

Kyoko:! Makoto

Kayo:! Saki

Belial:! Saki

Kimiko:! Saki, Makoto

Phenex & Kazuno:! Saki

Sho and Rabbit-Chan:! Saki

Redgrave:! Saki
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Blog Entries
    Saki Ryuumonbuchi
    Aoyama Ruins

A gust of cold wind blew through Saki’s hair, causing her to shiver and clutch her arms around her chest. Shortly after arriving at the city center the girl had split from the others, climbing the rubble to find herself an isolated perch above the ruins.

A task she found more perilous than expected.

The price of the night’s strife had taken its toll. Arms that felt heavier than ever before, legs that felt frail enough to give out at any moment had achieved a miracle, and she had managed to reach the second story of a destroyed concrete building. The wind chill struck her harder than before at the greater height, and though she could employ vines of flame within her bloodstream to warm her entire body, her reserves felt so parched that even the smallest embers would fail to manifest in her fingertips.

But the cold was refreshing. Stinging and uncomfortable.

Fitting, for someone not wanting to feel comfort.

For a while Saki stood in the silence, at first leaning against a fallen slab of concrete, then seating herself atop other rubble. She stared into the dark of night wordlessly. The girl never called out to the Demon residing within her, content to take in the silence. Because silence was most of what she wanted.

A silence that made a peculiar set of footsteps all the more pronounced.

“It did feel colder than normal. Was that your doing, Covetous One?”

Turning around, away from the ruined cityscape to instead face the young man, the girl cast a pair of dried up eyes upon her butler. Tears shed in silent privacy had long since fallen into the dark and frozen in the cold of winter, but their mark had been left on the face of the ESPer. Despite it all, the sorrow wasn’t apparent in her tone, nor her posture. Least of all, her eyes. Dry, red and drained, the eyes of the young girl still gleamed with a fire that could never be rivalled.

“Come looking for your mistress? I'll have to praise you, I expected Phenex to come first."

Blog Entries
    Saki Ryuumonbuchi
    Aoyama Ruins

"...No, not really."

For once, the first words out of his mouth aren't some sort of smart-ass comeback; having made his way up here with a body that had been fundamentally broken, at least broken in the sense of being unable to fulfill it's usual purpose, the youth's steps are nevertheless light, if one hadn't been used to his spiritual power he may have simply remained invisible, but as it is...

"...And the bird is tending to your mother. Was taken inside of that ship for medical attention... Apparently pushed herself rather hard tonight, saw her and the bird beat something massive at the Bay on my way to that hotel... But she'll be alright in an hour or so... Give or take."

A status report without irony, then-

"...Everything really went straight to hell, huh?"

-Sits down with his legs dangling over the edge.

He understands the desire for silence very well, nevertheless...

He also knows that what one wants it not always what one needs, and in that sense...

"..."

...Perhaps he was being even more annoying than usual...

As well as, certainly... A bit more helpful.
    Last edited by Airen; May 20th, 2018 at 06:24 AM.
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Click the moon for extra scenes Verg Avesta's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Medrod Pendragon
    Aoyama Ruins

Despite his best efforts, Medrod had somehow ended up caught in Liane's pace after all.

Instead of just shuffling by her, leaving a confrontation to a later date -if there would be a later date- he now sat across from her, staring at a brewing coffee that was being prepared. He wasn't exactly a coffee-person himself, he had never gotten around to developing a taste for it, but he sure as hell couldn't just refuse now. Who knows how that would have ended up? Thus, Medrod patiently waited for his share, slightly grimacing at the thought of having no sugar or milk to ease the drinking. Then again, some part in him didn't exactly want to have such a childlike part of him revealed. Not being able to drink coffee black was... well, it was embarrassing?

"... Sure," he grunted as an answer to her question.

With his working eye, Medrod quietly and suspiciously eyed the woman, this 'Liane', who busied herself with coffee preparations. A couple of questions rose to his mind while he waited. Why was she doing this? Considering the situation they were all in, she should have had better things to do. And why call out to him? They were nothing if but mortal enemies, and all things considered, she should've hated his guts for all the things he had done. Was the current disaster really enough to sweep away the past, just like that? That seemed unlikely.

And the last thing that came to mind... was a rather biting, sarcastic remark.

A remark that slipped Medrod's lips before he could stop himself.

"Still... coffee? No bullets this time?" he asked, slight sardonic tone creeping to his voice.

Inside his mind, Medrod immediately cursed himself. He didn't want to antagonize her but...

... Well, even he had some grievances he had to voice from the past.

Blog Entries
    Mikagura Mika
    Aoyama Ruins

The words Zerah and I said are the same.

With the way it was worded… You can hardly call what he did a betrayal. He decided it would end once victory was within his grasp. For that man, a demon could never be his ally. They were tools, and even if his heart had softened for their plights, he still couldn't forgive them. As for me… I really don’t know when it will end. If I was ever confronted with the same choice as humanity’s messiah, I’d…

Her question rings in my ears. Is coexistence possible? That’s hardly a question I’d find easy to answer. Because… I’m simply lacking the experience to form a proper judgment. After all, if we think about the time I’ve had Genbu, it’s not all that much. And our foes have not quite been the typical nature of demonkind.

But even with that in mind…

“It’s worth trying, isn’t it?” Not because I necessarily think it’s the correct course of action, but because… Because there is a precious thing I’d like not to lose.

Blog Entries
    Medrod Pendragon
    Aoyama Ruins

"No. No bullets this time."

She answers immediately, as if the tone of voice wasn't quite enough for her to bother defending her actions, or rather, she has absolute no regret for how she had acted in the past towards you, and ultimately believes that it had been justified...

In the end she was an agent, and while she was all smiles and teasing with the people at her coffee shop, a girl whose strange charisma only seemed to affect the weirdos of this city, the Liane you had seen in the past...

...Was very capable of being a police interrogator if she put her mind to it.

"You are not in the middle of a crime right now, in a few hours we're going to have to fight another god and I'd rather have as much help with that as possible, and you seem to be willing to use words for once, so I figured I would try to use words instead of bullets this time, see how that goes. The coffee is just how I talk with people, I own a shop for it, humor me. Caffeine is a miracle."

She hands you a thermos.

As promised, there is neither milk or sugar.

...As a coffee shop owner, you can't tell if she is the type that would judge you for that sort of thing or not.

"...Or would you rather I just shoot you?"

She raises an eyebrow, voice full of irony.
    Last edited by Airen; May 20th, 2018 at 05:42 PM.
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Blog Entries
    Saki Ryuumonbuchi
    Aoyama Ruins

Silence is a thing that can be shared. It isn’t always a lonesome dish, it can even be the best backdrop to a winter’s night rendezvous. But once silence is broken, it isn’t so easily put back together. The cracks will always be visible, even after piecing it back into one.

“No wounds of your own to tend to?”

At least, no visible ones. But not all damage appeared on the surface.

The seemingly unharmed, though exhausted, Saki could attest to that.

Blog Entries
    Saki Ryuumonbuchi
    Aoyama Ruins

"Nah, the rabbit is good at fixing those sorts of things. Hides behind me all the time, can't throw a punch to save it's life, but at least makes herself useful when it comes to healing."

He cannot claim to feel the same impact of Nakahara Katsuro's death as you do, while he had felt a tinge of pain and nostalgia at the end of that encounter, he was not someone that had spent time -at least in this cycle- under that man's direct tutelage.

For the 'favored student' it must be particularly difficult for you, but...

Half-forgotten memories and tinges of nostalgia are not enough to cripple him, the pangs of sadness only serve to further convince him that that enemy is something that must be defeated at all costs. In a sense it is cold, much like his power, but from the start he had been someone that was hard to shake from where he stood; but even in that...

"So I'm fine, no need to worry about me."

Indeed, that is counter-productive; because he owes you a 'debt' of sorts, the one that should be worrying about the other is him worrying about you, but of course he is bad at this sort of thing, so...

"It's not a bad life. Being a butler I mean, bird says I'm a natural at the kitchen work, so... I think I'll keep it up for awhile."

A pause, then...

"...So don't worry, we'll win round two. I can't keep this job otherwise."

He doesn't say it but...

'It won't be in vain.'

Is a sentiment that doesn't need words.
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Blog Entries
    Saki Ryuumonbuchi
    Aoyama Ruins

“Haha.” The dark-haired girl let out a dry chuckle. Laughter might help. It’s a proven cure-all, tested by time across countless generations. “Phenex complimented you? That’s a divine message that you’ve found your life calling.”

That, or perhaps even a timeless Demon couldn’t escape senility. Not that she would ever humor such a thought genuinely.

“But are you sure?”

She glanced back to him for a moment. Watching the other survivors from above, glancing to the apocalyptic scenery beyond, perhaps focusing herself on those was just a sad effort to keep herself sad.

“When it’s over, when this world is remade, your criminal record can be erased along with the old order. You won’t be bound to us. Any semblance of obligation should be cast aside. The fighting you’ve done, the fighting you will do, will be enough to pay back anything you feel you owe.”

Better to take a step back to the normal. What better first step than a boast? Even if not said outright, the meaning was clear. Saki Ryuumonbuchi will win the Conception.

After all, a certain someone once said:

Ms. Ryuumonbuchi, I think that your train of thought was the correct one.

Gläubig müssen die nicht sein, daran glauben müssen sie I3uster's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Suzume AOGAMI

If this had been a spirit, a simple apparition it would have stood no chance against what she had become now. But her assailant had acquired powers that laid far beyond what she had faced before...yes, even the versions of her she previously faced would not have been this strong...

After all, this was not a singular existence. An amalgamation of unheard prayers, of failure, loathing and hatred. A curse that enveloped all of humanity, not just the shrine maiden herself. A demonic existence possessing a human form.

She wondered for just a second if the woman might have achieved something close to her own state...but this was possession. As much as one would think Aya Tsukino was just a mere wick keeping the flame burning...beyond what her eye could see or her ears could perceive, she could still feel her there...

A human being, empowered by a collection of souls just like her. Still, she was struggling, ever so slightly fighting against the very thing that consumed her. And this is where the difference between the two laid. As powerful as the being possessing her was, it was just that. Possession. A god controlling a human vessel. Oil and water stuck in the same glass.

It was nothing like her. The mocking tone did not mask the fact that it was caught unaware by an existence such as her. She had become something that simply should not be. And as such, even gods would not know what to make of it. She was in violation of the natural order.

For humans gave their worship to gods, to affect the material plane they existed on. Since ancient times appeasing them had been part of their life. No matter if it was a sacrifice for harvest, or to ask god's blessing for a union, a or even a murmured prayer to pass a test they all served the same function in this ecosystem. To give shape to something that had none...and as such the gods, delivered their own "nourishment" granted humans the things they wished for, or deprived them of their wants.

Simply put, they needed each other to exist. That was what Chronos had been talking to her about after all. Why there was no escape to their predicament.

But the girl, this newly created being required neither.

After all, what need would a god have if it could pray to itself? What would a human wish for if it wielded a god's power?

One did not have to be strong to face off against these beings. After all, in old tales demons rarely were defeated by brawn. What was needed was to outsmart them. In human tales, the trickster was the one existence that surpassed gods on the regular.

And it was exactly those tricks the Nekomata were best at.

As she escaped the repeated assault, she focused her entire concentration on just a single voice among the sea of them.

The struggling voice of Tsukino Aya.

Reaching deep into the plane of human ideas, she instinctively "felt" the beliefs that Aya Tsukino held. Her own thoughts, her own fears and what demons they fed. What empowered her in this state, the others linking to her like a choir in a much bigger ensemble. Faith might have been the single most treasured thing to existences at their state, no matter if Eclipse Diver or demon. And in that very sea of souls, the girl planted an effigy.

A false idol.

A trick of the light, nothing more. A gentle push of her empathetic abilities, just a nudge was all that was required for the existence that was Tsukino Aya to speak their prayers to something else. An illusion. And so, the very power that the Sea of Souls bestowed upon Aya...

...had become hers.

"Ah you're no fun-!"
    "You might be right about that. Everyone involved can only have fun if we keep to fair play, right?"

The possessing entity might not have realized what just happened. In the split second of unawareness, Suzume closed the distance between them, readying another attack. All she had to do was to make this vessel unable to hold it...

A furious assault of swipes was her way of accelerating this process.

Wiseup!
    Penumbral Ability: Highly Responsive to Prayer

With both Eclipse Divers and demons deriving their power from the collective human subconscious albeit in different ways, one through a concept recognized and personified the other through tapping into this power directly through their own will, Suzume and Aogami synthesize both approaches to break through the boundaries of their individual capabilities.

Essentially, an Eclipse Diver who taps into the power of the sea of souls more actively than a demon then feeds the faith to the demon. The result is one of a spirit, whose sustenance relies on belief and prayer, essentially being able to feed this power into itself. Practically this results in a massive boost to the domain of the spirit as it is no longer relying on observation or worship to exist and can essentially feed itself infinite energy.

However, due to being in contact with the sea of souls and having witnessed just a slight sample of what is possible with total immersion via her future self, Suzume and Aogami have access to a less effective technique. As an active use, Suzume can use her ESP to project an image into the formless souls of the sea, created by Aogami that they revere or fear like they would a god or demon. Rewriting the collective unconscious this way grants Suzume and Aogami the faith meant for someone else, or wielded by someone else. Essentially this allows one to hijack the raw power of worship behind a demon or Eclipse Diver and apply it to oneself by robbing it of its very foundation, taking the place of the god, demon or Eclipse Diver in question

A concrete idea of what is revered to be stolen is needed however since targeting just a vague notion in the sea of souls is impossible.
    [04:55] Lianru: i3uster is actuallly quite cute