Page 134 of 165 FirstFirst ... 3484124129132133134135136139144 ... LastLast
Results 2,661 to 2,680 of 3296

Thread: Ga Rei: Exodus Nine (IC)

The Time-Governing Twelve Covenants Airen's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mikagura Mika
    Aoyama Ruins

In the end, even the Summoner is unsure of the answer. It is a very human response, one that admits to only holding limited knowledge, but continues to cling onto idealism -or rather hope- in spite of that...

Worth trying anyway.

It is an opinion the demon agrees with, but one that it was willing to part with for humanity's sake, but the purpose of this question, ultimately, when everything else fell away...

---Was simply to probe how the Summoner really felt, in the end, that turtle had taken on this sort of personality when entering into the world, and in that...

"Yeah you're right. It's worth trying."

-It couldn't be entirely serious or grim for too long, after all, it had taken on the role of 'eccentric aunt' for itself.

An arm wraps around your shoulders, and a grinning demon squeezes you in a way that has you fearing for the sanctity of your hair.

"I felt a heart be more truthful than words! Am I someone precious? You like me? Eh? Eh? Eh? Well, I guess I do make life entertaining-!"

...Squeezing.

More and more, was she this tall before?

"But it's okay, I know even if you can't say it. You calling me inside of the Kyuubi was cute, didn't want to lose me eh? It made my heart flutter a bit~"

The teasing has come back, but...

...The demon seems pleased nevertheless...

...Even though it is calling you dishonest.

...Maybe being soul connected was a bit too much after all.
    Exodus (Complete)

Even if the author is silenced, the performance is stilled and the actors leave the stage, the story will never truly end.

Regardless of the form it takes, as long as there are memories of it's existence, the story will continue on.

In a small ward in the heart of a once devastated town, life carries on as it always has...

Because of you.

Please, remember it warmly.

We'll continue to walk down this path for eternity.

Mugen No Sekai

"The Illusion Incomplete Memories Produce Are,

Fleeting, Disappearing into the Future,

Until the Ruins of Yesterday Overflow,

For That Which Falls Only to Rise is Simply a--"

Click the moon for extra scenes Verg Avesta's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Medrod Pendragon
    Aoyama Ruins

Medrod slowly shook his head as he accepted the thermos.

"Nah, can't have that. Made a promise... I made a promise to someone," he said, quietly correcting his words when his old style of speech tried to rear its head once more. "I can't go on and die without putting up a fight. If I did, well... somebody said it wouldn't help anyone. She said that if I were to repent, there are better ways than death. So... yeah. Coffee it is."

Her reasons made sense, yes. After all, this world needed every single person who could stand up to the incoming disaster, and even... even that might not have been enough. What he had done during the catastrophe might have made Medrod look strong, but right now, he felt quite useless. So many lives lost, in the end. That just made him question this woman's decision even more. In the end, how much help could someone like him, a man with a sword, give in the type of situation they had gotten themselves into?

These swirling doubts were planting their roots deeply, firmly into his head as Medrod poured himself a cup of coffee.

"Also... I can't blame you for what you've done. I was... not a good person before. Most likely ain't one now either. But I try... I try my best," he continued speaking, searching for the right words. "While it might not be enough, it's the only thing I can do. That and speak my mind. Which reminds me. For all the crap you've had to deal with because of me, I'm... well, I'm sor-"

The rest of Medrod's words were cut off by a sound of air being suck in through teeth, and an expression belonging to a cat who just burnt his tongue.

In his thoughts and in his haste to find the right words, Medrod had taken a sip of the coffee without realizing it. This didn't end well, as the scalding, bitter liquid had done its job on his sensitive tongue. Now he desperately pursed his lips together and glared at the cup of coffee sullenly, as if it was responsible for everything going wrong.

And the moment Medrod realized that Liane had witnessed it all?

That sullen expression was accompanied by slight flush on his cheek that he did his best to hide.

Blog Entries
    Suzume AOGAMI
    Original Aoyama - Streets

"...!"

It was not like hybrids were entirely unheard of; as the God of Humanity's Darkness, the 'manifestation' of the dark half of the Sea of Souls, this 'entity' held access to all the information that the humanity of this world had gathered, and as this Humanity was made up of the Humanity of the entire Sea of Amala, their last refuge in a sea of universes that had slowly begun to blink out of existence, that 'entity,'...

Is able to adjust itself to the existence of such beings; this was a particularly bizarre case yes, normally such entities were the offspring of demons and humans, a 'halfway' existence that hadn't been seen -at least not by the darkness- in this particular world since it's creation; humans outright turning completely into demons themselves was a more common occurrence than this, but-

It can accept it,

...Indeed, the existence itself was not the problem; as a God of Human Darkness it actually finds such an entity ultimately distasteful, and further resolves to destroy it here before it becomes a problem down the line, maintaining direct control now that it's seen it but-

---It would have been better off it had continued to let Aya's consciousness continue fighting completely on it's own, maintaining a more supportive role for itself.

She would have sensed it; the sudden 'disappearance' of 'human will' from behind her; for her it is a significant loss in power, something that she would have taken note of and immediately went back to physical means in an attempt to counter; indeed, if the 'entity' had remained in a support role it may have noticed that as well if it wasn't actively suppressing the girl's personal instincts, but believing in it's own invincibility, and following it's own personal rule of trying to use it's hosts power rather than it's own, when the hybrid charges forth into a sea of pitch-black weaponry-!

---The vortice it had been prepared to open at her back, dragging her into it's depths the moment she has to slow to avoid the weapon rain, fails to manifest.

In that moment the hybrid crosses the distance.

The particular souls that allowed such a thing were no longer looking at the right one.

It's a light moment of surprise, insignificant in any lower-leveled battle, but-

-Blood dances in the air.

Gritting her teeth -not out of pain but rather annoyance- the entity moves the body away, but an arm is already half-dangling from a body.

The sensation of strength is almost euphoric, to the remnants of one half it is nothing new, but to the remnants of the other it is a particularly potent sensation; the strikes of a demon rend the earth and air, even as the glancing blow almost tears the arm from the socket, the remains of the kinetic force gouge out deep trenches in the earth beneath your feet, an earth that you seem to traverse almost naturally in pursuit of the momentarily maimed opponent, but-

Lightning strikes.

Forced to use it's own power rather than the girl's, the curse floods in to do what the Eclipse has been tricked into not, and a twitch of the fingers calls down lightning from the heavens.

In comparison to the black flames, which are most effective against their 'own kind,' but could certainly eat demons eventually, this burst of magic is simply that, a burst of supernatural phenomena; it is no particularly human curse, just a powerful discharge of electricity, and in that-

Your body seizes up for a moment, and grasping at your ankle with the one good arm, those deep wounds seemingly affecting her far more than the shallower impacts from before-

"Yeah alright, let's play fair-!"

-It slams you into the ground. Not just once but many times, over and over again, focusing only on you with a twisted tunnel vision that makes it clear it intends to beat you to death slowly, but-

While each impact jars your senses with the monstrous force that's being applied to you, it's not quite enough to leave you in a daze after the first few strikes. A quick kick to the face with your other leg manages to free you from it's grasp, but the entity doesn't pursue, instead gathering up the black flames around her right arm, clearly preparing to do something, eyes locked right on you and-

In the distance, a golden flame bursts into existence.

In comparison to the black flames it is quite dim, but as Joanna Cross pours her spirit power into it it rapidly becomes a much greater blaze. In terms of properties it is quite different from the black flames, where the darkness promises only pain and misery, that other fire strikes you as 'full of hope,' as if it itself was an emotion made manifest.

The entity, focused entirely on you, doesn't see it.

At least not yet.
    Last edited by Airen; May 21st, 2018 at 07:11 AM.
    Exodus (Complete)

Even if the author is silenced, the performance is stilled and the actors leave the stage, the story will never truly end.

Regardless of the form it takes, as long as there are memories of it's existence, the story will continue on.

In a small ward in the heart of a once devastated town, life carries on as it always has...

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Blog Entries
    Medrod Pendragon
    Aoyama Ruins

"Well, whoever told you that was right, dying isn't the same thing as repenting, so I'm glad to hear you've put some thought into it."

While the crack of a smile had hinted that she found your reaction to the beverage amusing -and her own lack of reaction to her own cup was vaguely horrifying- there was still a certain police-like coldness mixed in with everything else that keeps her more or less on her initial track, but...

It's almost melancholic-

"Regardless, I have to thank you for helping out earlier at the very least. The damages are bad, and I know, right now you're thinking you've failed, that you should have been faster, stronger, saved more people, those sorts of things... But you can't do that, it'll drive you crazy."

-Because she can spot hints of similarity between how you felt now, and how she had felt eight years ago.

"The city pulled together and saved as many people as it could; judging by the news, we stopped a lot of what was going on around the globe too, saved thousands, millions maybe... That's not a failure... In the end, even people like us are still human. Particularly strong humans perhaps, but everyone has their limit."

The guilt that eats away at your soul.

What had made her take to the streets every night for the past eight years, hunting around in the shadows to make sure that 'no one else' died; but...

...Taking the blame for that sort of thing -simply being human and thus incapable of saving everyone- isn't right, she had had to come to terms with that, and even now she wasn't one-hundred percent okay with it all, but...

It felt like she could move on, for the first time in awhile it felt like she could move on without being strangled by the 'failures' of her past, so...

"All we can do is our best."

...Before you start down that path, she offers a hand from the side of the road. It is a very human gesture that looks at reality through the lens of hope rather than cynicism, a way perhaps, to keep from breaking when the road is tough, but...

That's all the advice she has for you really.

Take it or leave it, she also knows it's not always as simple as hearing it from someone else, those sorts of truths sometimes have to be worked over in one's head for awhile.

"Regardless, I believe you when you say you're trying to be better. However, I can't completely ignore your past, and I don't think you can either... So I came to request this-"

A pause, then:

"When this is all over, and I have no intention of losing to that God... I would like for you to turn yourself in of your own accord; come to me and we can talk about it. The SDCD is lacking staff at the moment, so there's a good chance I'll wind up in charge of everything for awhile after this... And I will hear your case."
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Blog Entries
    Saki Ryuumonbuchi
    Aoyama Ruins

"...Yeah, I think I'm sure."

Crossing his arms, he looks up at the sky; one that had returned to being full of stars.

"Maybe things can be erased, maybe they can't be, but those things still happened all the same."

While it would normally sound resigned, he doesn't actually seem too upset about it, no...

"That mud... I think it got so horrific because everyone ran away from their problems. Ignored it, acted like it didn't exist, forgot lessons they learned..."

He had held a stone of similar substance inside of his body.

Perhaps it was because of that, that he could understand that mud more than most; it wasn't just angry, while it was certainly enraged and psychotic, negativity without any form of positivity to balance it out, it had also felt...

Sad.

"I think I've changed just a bit over the past few weeks. Maybe I'll pay back my debts by beating this 'God' up, but I don't think that's any reason to go back to how I used to be, so yeah, I'm sure..."

He leans back slightly, arms going out behind him to stabilize his posture, and...

"I've only just started to change, but that's what life is all about... I'll accept my past and move on, carrying it with me."

Accept it.

Not be strangled by it.

Proclaiming this with a vaguely amused laugh...

"Of course, your guy's kitchen is seemingly endless, and the tools are amazing; plenty of recipes I could try out with all of that... It's a chef's dream... And I'm not giving that up so easily, it'll be my kitchen once I surpass the bird."

...Was...

Was that a joke?

"And I will surpass the bird... It still needs to take this damn thing off my eye."

...Yeah, probably.
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Blog Entries
    Mikagura Mika
    Aoyama Ruins

She’s never been this tall before. Not even gradually. If I couldn’t recognize such a drastic change… It would be really shameful, wouldn’t it? But as for the content of her words, I can’t believe it! Some things are better left unsaid, for crying out loud…

“Maybe we should end it right now,” I say with a groan. As much as I… tolerate the presence of my demon, I didn’t miss moments like these at all.

Even if she can cheat and figure out how I actually feel, I refuse to admit it in words. I have my own pride and… honestly, the nerve of her to call me out. I don’t go around fishing for her true intentions, now do I?

“And the point of being taller than me now is…?”

Blog Entries
    Saki Ryuumonbuchi
    Aoyama Ruins

Saki stared at the butler. For a time that’s all she did. Stare, waiting to hear the punchline she thought would eventually come.

“Pff… pffhahaha!”

The seconds of staring gave way to a fit of momentary laughter as another gust picked up the girl’s hair. Stopping to return to her huddled-for-warmth posture, Saki pieced together her composure.

Clearing her throat with an ‘ahem,’ the girl straightened her back.

“I suppose it would be apt to warning you of dangerous ambitions, but coming from myself that would just be hypocrisy. So instead.”

Pushing herself off the rubble, Saki fell onto her feet and turned to the butler.

“I’ll remember that declaration, and promise you your reward. When the time comes that you’ve surpassed Phenex, it will be yours. The kitchen and more.”

A slender finger shot forward, stopping a hair’s breadth from the material of the eyepatch over Sho’s eye.

“As for that, think of it as a necessary trial to hope to ever surpass that ‘bird.’ Don’t hope to overcome Phenex if you can’t take it off yourself.”

The girl drew her finger back, offering a smile.

“When an impossible goal is before you, the key to surmounting it is by piling up your own ‘impossible’ achievements. Consider that the wisdom of one also striving for the so-called ‘impossible’.”

Blog Entries
    Mikagura Mika
    Aoyama Ruins

"It's the only way for me to be a proper oba-san, as it was, you were always looking down at me-!"

Still squeezing, refusing to let you out of her grasp, the turtle that has always taken weird times to talk about exactly how old it is, while simultaneously relishing in that age in a way that would make humans go grim with the light-despair of old age, the turtle brushes off your dishonesty as your dishonesty.

Truth or false.

How one feels is hard to hide from one's demon, but in this case...

She hadn't checked your emotions at all, simply making an assumption, a teasing implication of the doki-doki beat of a young maiden's heart, the denial was just as much of an affirmation as anything else, and-

"But don't worry Master. I will ensure you are raised correctly."

-Smiling it lets you go.

"I got a good kid as a summoner this time around... So I'll protect you, no matter what the enemy is... You can be sure of that."

And follows it up with something that is pretty cheesy in a human way, but...

Full of a certain sincerity.

"But if you do happen to disappear into the vortex... I'll come find you."

A seriousness that exists behind a joking smile; it is a promise, one that is strangely absolute for an entity like that, that comes across as so serious, so full of pure unrelenting intent to keep her word that you're almost worried about her for a second, but...

A stand and a spin.

Connected hands that gently pull you to your feet.

"So sorry Master, too late to get rid of me now."

Making a declaration like that...

Thinking of the you of a few weeks back...

Would that person have thought a demon could smile like that?

And would she be smiling as well? Are you smiling as well?

It's hard to say but...

A world of Demons and Humans...

...Maybe it's not so far-fetched after all.

--}i{--

Quote Originally Posted by The Final Rest

Intended endings of scenes in this section will be marked with a butterfly.

Upon finishing one of these scenes, transition to the next will be decided by the player in their closing response with the following format at the bottom of their post:

>> *intended character* >>

And the GM will handle the actual scene set-up of the next scene from there:
    Last edited by Airen; May 21st, 2018 at 04:40 PM.
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Blog Entries
    Saki Ryuumonbuchi
    Aoyama Ruins

"Yeah well, if it's about impossible achievement, I guess I'll start with the Devourer as a warm-up."

One hand on his hair, Sho's usual attitude seems to revive along with your own; whether saying what he had been thinking was the cause of that, or merely his own innate sense of empathy that had led him here, showing that side of himself, well...

...He had always been an older brother type, even if it didn't look like it at times.

...It may not be possible to defeat that enemy, with the way it controlled reality, and with powers that truly seemed to be infinite, there may not be much that humanity can do against it in the end, it's possible that this is really the final chapter of the world's story.

However.

Even if that is the case, humanity will go down swinging into the darkness.

That is why his statement is not a lie.

Indeed...

He will start with the Devourer, for the sake of a future that might have meaning in it after all, even if that meaning only lies a few steps ahead into the future...

It's one worth struggling before, for humans, there is no such thing as a zero percent chance.

"Besides, I'll show the bird's not as invincible as it lets on; I've seen it consult recipe books, if it was perfect there would be no need for that sort of thing."

Yes.

Smirking, but not in an unkind way, the young man remains as positive as he can possibly be as he calmly pulls on the eye-patch.

"So in order to rub it's face in that... I can't lose now, at least not in this next fight."

A pause, then as if realizing he was being a bit too friendly, the youth returns to being a pseudo-delinquent as he turns away...

"...So don't you do anything dumb either. If you die, the bird will be coming after my ass soon after. So for my sake, no all-or-nothing plans."

...And expresses what he really came here to say in the only way available to him.

Even so...

It's understandable.

--}i{--
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Blog Entries
    Medrod Pendragon
    Aoyama Ruins

For a moment Medrod stayed silent, nursing his coffee and staring deep into its black depths. The words of Liane weighed heavily on his mind, especially the advice she offered him. He didn't reject it, far from that. Hearing those words... it was salve on the wounds that he was suffering from right now. But still... they were simply words. The truth of the matter was what only he himself could decide.

"... I want to think that," he finally admitted. "I want to tell myself I did all I could, that we did a lot of good... but I can't help that doubt gnaws at me. The 'what ifs' of what could have happened, what I could have done differently. Not just now, but from before. If I had stopped my rampage a month or two earlier, I... well, I guess that's why I hate 'what ifs'. They make feel... inadequate. Like I could have done more."

The fact that he was speaking so honestly to the young woman was perhaps one of the most direct signs of his fatigue. Even after his chance of heart, he was still guarded around strangers. And he certainly should have been more tight-lipped when it came to this woman. But for now... he was too tired to not tell what weighed on his mind.

And he was too exhausted not to speak frankly when it came to Liane's request.

"As for what you ask of me... I know it's the right thing to do. And believe me, I have nothing against being held accountable for what I've done. If it was just me, I would agree to it without a second thought. But..." he downed his coffee in one go, grimacing at the bitter taste. "If it means being locked up, I'm afraid I can't do that. I made a promise... to the same person who told me to use my life for something good... I promised that person I would dedicate my life, from now on forth, to helping people. And I can't do that from behind bars. I'm no great strategist, I have no skills when it comes to thinking, I don't even have abilities which to use from afar. All I can do is point my sword at my enemies and defeat them. And that's impossible if I'm imprisoned."

Avoiding her gaze no longer, Medrod stared Liane straight in the eye.

"I failed once already. I never got my revenge, the one thing that made me act the way I did. I didn't even find who or what was it that killed my parents. I don't... I don't wanna fail again. Especially now that I'm fighting for the sake of others. For myself, I can fail again and again. But for others... I can't let them down," he tried explaining his viewpoint to her. "My life is now lived for the sake of others. If time comes when my power is no longer needed, or not one soul in need of saving exists, then I can turn myself in for imprisonment... or even for execution. But before that comes, I need to go where the need for help is direst... because I can't let this sort of tragedy happen ever again. I have to make sure no more people like me are born. I was saved once. I understand how important that is. And I want to pass that gift forward."

Not out of selfishness, but out of selflessness, he had to answer Liane's request in such a way. They were words spoken by a man who now walked a different road than before, but one just as ruinous than the one before. It was a road with only one end, noble and foolish, but one he desired to walk all the same. He wanted to atone and this was the only way he knew how to. Had he been a wiser man, Medrod would have probably found another path. But he wasn't.

He was only what he could be and nothing more.

"There's... also one other reason. The last personal reason I have. Until I accomplish that, I can't let myself be imprisoned or executed," Medrod spoke after a momentary pause. "There's... a person. Someone very much like me. Someone whom the world seems to compare me to, time and time again. I can't let that be. I need to step out of his shadow, to prove that I am my own person, not just a shadow traversing a path already trodden. How I do it, I don't know, but I have this feeling it ends with me crossing swords with him."

There it was again. That annoying feeling twisting in the depths of his heart whenever he thought of 'him'.

The man so alike, yet worlds apart from him.

Clenching his fist into a fist and opening it, again and again, Medrod continued explaining.

"It might sound stupid to you as he has no idea who I am, but... I can't feel at peace until I separate myself from him. One way or another. A one-sided grudge it might be, but it's still something that gnaws at me and-"

His words died to his lips.

Then, slowly, with a sad smile on his face, Medrod shook his head.

"No."

He refuted his own reasoning.

"That's not it," he said, looking at his fist. "It's just an excuse I make, something that's only part of it. You see, that guy, he... he hurt the person who saved me from hell. He hurt someone I hold dearest to me. I might not know the words to ever thank her enough, and I can't ever repay her, but if there's one thing I can do, it's this."

For the first time in a while, Medrod's face turned into a mask of steel.

"I'll make him pay for hurting her."

Makoto Fujioka
    Time After

I am many things Mr. Fujioka, but a liar is not one of them."

"I will give you a bonus assignment. I want a report on what you do over the holidays. I will not accept rampages or mood swings, and I want it to be in English, if you do that for me..."

"...I will be sure to be there to grade it. Be good, or I will know. The happy ending won't come if you don't believe."
    Gritting my teeth I grip stupid liar Sensei with all my strength only to find emptiness within myself.

“Christmas break…

Okay… Christmas break …I’ll stab you then…

Coughing out the reply I slip into that smothering darkness without noticing. It hurts …my throat, my chest, everything hurts.

Stupid… stupid lying Sen-

…sei.

Everything’s already over… and yet that stupid one is coming back. Super liar…

Wrapping myself in a blanket I slink out of the gathering and begin to wonder, I don’t know where I’m going but I know where she is. Gloomy, doomy and unknown people biting, I bit back my dislike for it all and continue on until the person I seek comes into view. Sensei sensei, funny business Sensei, annoying unmovable Sensei who doesn’t look at things properly, I crept up behind her to launch a surprise attack in revenge initially but… Standing here despite the fact that I want to do so much I can only wrap my arms around her and cling as I try to control the flood of emotions and the blood tinged coughing fit that overtakes me.

Blog Entries
    Medrod Pendragon
    Aoyama Ruins

"I see."

Her expression doesn't change.

To be frank, it seems like those types of words would put her in a tough position.

Having made her own stance clear -the idea that she can't just let you wander around given your past- is one that is destined to have some kind of effect now that you've made your own stance clear, after all, other than your recent actions she has no real reason to trust you at your word, and-

"But it seems you've misunderstood something kid, I have no intention of locking you up, oh no, no no no, you're far too potentially useful for that."

...What?

She says it bluntly, while a part of you thinks she's joking, the almost exasperated look on her face declares this is very much not the case.

"Assuming we survive all of this the world is going to have to change. The veil is gone, everyone knows Demons and Gods are real and there's no way to put that cat back in the box,; there's destruction all over the place... No, I can't really afford to just lock you up at the moment."

A sigh.

"Surveillance and community service. I ain't locking you up, debts to society aren't always best paid in a cell."

...It's lenient.

It's so lenient it's baffling, but-

"Of course I'm not the boss yet, and there'd be some caveats -betray my trust afterwards and I won't miss the next shot I take at you- but those sorts of deals are easiest made when you turn yourself in, so..."

She extends a hand.

"Wanna be on the run forever? Because I will keep chasing you, I have my own promises to keep."

...It's about as lenient as she can possibly allow herself to be, even with...

The psychometry.

No, she can only afford to be even that lenient because of that power...
    Last edited by Airen; May 21st, 2018 at 06:20 PM.
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Blog Entries
    Medrod Pendragon
    Aoyama Ruins

For a moment, nothing but surprise colored Medrod's face. Of all things he hadn't really expected this to be the form of penance offered to him. Considering the things he had done it was far too lenient but... at the same time, she spoke of logic. And he himself had nothing against it, far from it. Making himself useful, not just rotting in a cell... it was exactly what he wanted. Liane was offering him an olive branch of trust he certainly hadn't earned and Medrod had hard time believing his ears. But at the end of the day, wasn't this exactly what he wanted? To be of use to people, to help those in need? What better way to accomplish it than to be directed by those wiser than him?

... He had to think only for a moment.

"... That's kind of unbelievable. But yes... trust is a two-way street. I've learned that recently," Medrod spoke, nodding more to himself than to Liane. "If I'm to start somewhere, it might as well be here."

Setting aside the thermos, he extended his hand... only to stop inches from Liane's. A momentary hesitation, for words and clarifications that needed to be made. After all, while he was fine with working with her organization, he had to make somethings clear beforehand. After all, it was a two-way street, just like he himself had said.

"Still... while I'm fine with atoning this way, I have to reserve a right to stay true to myself. If you, or anyone else of your organization, ever orders me to do something that goes against my morals, as new and fragile as they may be..." Medrod drew a deep breath. "... I reserve the right to contest those orders. I won't become a sword aimed at the innocent, or those undeserving it."

And what's more, he had to make clear the question of authority.

"But more than that... no matter what happens, one thing will remain a constant with me," he spoke, quiet but clear and unwavering. "In this world, or any other, I am beholden only to one being. She alone has the unquestioned authority to request anything of me, without a question. If you want me to put it in olden or cliched terms, she is my royal liege, the queen to the knight I aim to become. She earned that right by pulling me out of the darkness I had drowned myself into."

Medrod met Liane's gaze without hesitation...

"So if you and her ever come to a disagreement, my loyalty lies with her."

... And grasped her hand.

Blog Entries
    Makoto Fujioka
    Aoyama Ruins

At first she doesn't move.

While Yoko-sensei was not the type of person anyone could really sneak up on, her response to the presence of your arms grasping at her waist wasn't particularly energetic; indeed, there's a time of silence where she just lets you cling to her, but when the coughing starts, and seems to be getting out of control-

"--Hmm."

An arm reaches out to pat you lightly on the back.

She was in her normal form, the rose-haired teacher rather than the strange dark-haired woman of clocks, but now that you can really compare their auras up close... It's clear that those two were one and the same as far as their souls went...

"...Why are you up and wandering around? You took the heaviest hits, go back to sleep. Your turn in the medical bay will be coming up soon, they moved you up a few spots."

Worried about your health, as always...

She goes quiet afterwords in contemplation.
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Blog Entries
    Medrod Pendragon
    Aoyama Ruins

"Noted."

While many would have seen it as warning flags, the older woman simply accepts the statements for what they are; she was not the type to attack innocents anyway, she had never sought the spot at the top of the chain before, but actively seeking it now -or perhaps simply acknowledging that it will come for her in due time- the thing that would be most concerning to the deal would be the 'liege' he speaks of, but...

"I don't think it will become a problem."

She has a guess as to who it is; and if the sensation she had felt from that individual was anything to go by, then her words were not a lie...

She did not think it would become a problem.

If it did become a problem down the line, then she would deal with it at that time, but-

"Still, if she calmed you down... Must be one hell of a queen."

-This was good enough for now.

Details could be smoothed out later on, in a sense...

She was simply happy it hadn't had to come down to -another- fist fight.

...She'd been having a few too many of those over the past twenty-four hours.

A peaceful solution was a nice change of pace.

--}i{--
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Blog Entries
    Medrod Pendragon
    Aoyama Ruins

Quote Originally Posted by Liane
    "Still, if she calmed you down... Must be one hell of a queen."
    Medrod let out a quiet, soft chuckle; a sound quite unlike him. Then again, all things he had done in past 24 hours had been 'quite unlike him', and most of them were because of the being she had just referred to. In that sense, she couldn't have been more right... and that's exactly what amused him. Had Red heard how he referred to her as, she would have most likely vehemently denied everything or even outright gotten angry at him. But... that was how much he felt indebted to her.

Things couldn't have been different from how they had first met.

"You have no idea," he simply answered, flashing a tired smile to Liane. "Just don't tell her I said that."

Since things seemed to be over and done with, he got up and made ready to leave the older woman to her own stuff. Without a doubt she had ton of things to attend. This momentary coffee break was just something to busy her mind and hands with until the time for action came. And though Medrod had initially been hesitant about talking with her, now he was glad he had taken the time to do so.

They might not have seen eye-to-eye properly yet, it was far too early to say that. But at the very least, a hesitant bridge over old, troubled waters had been built.

Thus, as he was getting ready to leave, Medrod left Liane with few parting words.

"Oh, and... if you happen to hear about, or run across, 'that guy'... the one who is unlike me, yet undoubtedly similar... let me know, okay?" he said, his voice growing slightly colder again. "Like I said... he has some stuff to answer to. On a personal level. As well as the fact that I need to become my own person."

With that said, Medrod gave Liane a curt nod of goodbye and left, pulling his hood a little closer around his head.

A little something gained, he supposed.

Something to mend the doubt gnawing at his mind.

Quote Originally Posted by The Final Rest
    >> *Yamuna* >>

Makoto Fujioka
    Time After

Sitting there in silence as I use the sound of Sensei’s heartbeat to drown out the world around me, it was nice… A comforting sound that could almost make think, that everything was still the same.

“Sen …sei.”

Trembling at her words I can’t hold back the tide of words and emotions that come flooding forth after her words break the silent atmosphere.

“STUPID, STUPID, STUPID, STUPID SENSEI! ANNOYING, POUTY, BLIND, ANNOYING ANNOYING FUNNY BUSINESS Liar...

why ...WHY?

It’s not fair, I could have… I would have been fine, I could have done it so why did he have to go and do that it’s not fair.”

Indignation, sorrow, anger, regrets and more once the dam breaks everything comes pouring forth. The tidal wave of emotions crushes my chest even as it mixes with the emptiness I feel inside of her and I can’t stop myself from curling up around her in an unconscious effort to keep her from disappearing in front of me.

“I’m…”

Not letting go or going back, you’d just…” Run off for funny business by yourself again, trailing off as small spasms wrack my body just cling to her all the harder before I simply bite down on her arm and glare at her with tearful eyes.

“Stupid Sensei…”

One or both, stupid, stupid liars both.

Blog Entries
    Mikagura Mika
    Aoyama Ruins

Despite everything, I can feel the beginnings of a grin on my face as well.

“I’m not a child anymore, you know… You don’t have to feel like you need to babysit me.” While I appreciate the sentiment, I can’t say I appreciate how patronizing it sounds. I can take care of myself just fine. I have plenty of life experience with that, after all, and someone going out of their way to look out for me… I can’t say it’s a feeling I particularly enjoy.

Still, that my demon is willing to go that far for me… It’s very admirable. And if she’s willing to go that far for me, then it’s only proper that I do it in turn. I won’t let myself be upstaged.

“…But thanks anyway,” I say, putting my hands in my pockets. “Same to you as well.”

It’s only right, after all, for loyalty to go both ways.

>> Liane >>

Blog Entries
    Medrod Pendragon
    Aoyama Ruins

There was a bizarre woman moving throughout the area...

It was someone cloaked in blue and white, a figure that some could vaguely recall as 'catching' the black 'moon' that had threatened to drop on this space; unlike the more gloomy atmosphere of the others running around, her figure was akin to that of a Goddess, someone that your senses automatically registered as 'not a human being,' even when you only see her out of the corner of your eye, and indeed...

She drew a strange amount of attention to herself; moving from group to group with a graceful stride, she seemed to be doing her best to bolster spirits, leaving people behind her smiling when they had been frowning or scowling beforehand, and while you still don't intend to really run into anyone yet, working over your own thoughts in the best way you can, the woman in blue goes out of her way to talk to Red as well, and while you only see it from a distance...

---Sparks of a friendly recognition flash in the Dragon's eyes.

It's bizarre, a different reaction even from her practiced 'friendly' ones with the Soba Shop crew, but the conversation is short lived -a passing crowd blocking your sight of them both- and when they're gone Red is alone, but-

-Instead, the woman in blue pops up at your side, almost as if she had teleported there... Although her relaxed pose suggests otherwise, but most alarming of all...

...Is that your reflexes don't trigger.

As if this person was automatically acknowledged as something 'harmless.'
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Blog Entries
    Medrod Pendragon
    Aoyama Ruins

"---!"

For a moment an expression that belongs more to the One-Eyed Man, not Medrod Pendragon, flashed on his face. Cursing his reflexes and instincts for not warning him, every part of his conscious mind screamed at him to prepare for an attack... yet his body did none of that, instead staying as relaxed as he had been. It was an odd sensation, almost like his body knew better and understood that there was no danger from this blue-haired woman. Yes, this blue-haired woman he had seen a glimpse of before...

"...?" Medrod squinted his eyes a bit.

Who even was she?

And most importantly, how the hell had she sparked such a reaction from Red? One that was quite unlike anything the dragon had shown before? A certain curiosity reared its head, along with something... else. He didn't exactly know what it was, but he didn't enjoy the emotion, so he tried to push it back down to depths it had come from. This was no time for such thought. Even if Red had seemed more naturally friendly when talking to this woman, as opposed to when she was at the soba shop, it was... nothing to feel weird about.

Therefore, Medrod quickly collected himself and shot a little glare at the blue-haired woman.

"... Seems like everybody knows my name, yet I don't know anyone," he grunted. "Was there a briefing I missed, or what?"