Page 138 of 165 FirstFirst ... 3888128133136137138139140143148 ... LastLast
Results 2,741 to 2,760 of 3296

Thread: Ga Rei: Exodus Nine (IC)

Glorious Grammar Master Race Frantic Author's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Hitoshira Nagi
    Battleship S.L.E.I.P.N.I.R ~ Star's Cradle
    Top of the Ship

A startled laugh breaks through my lips at Yagami's words, and I glance at him out of the corner of my eye. "That's an interesting wish you've got there. She'd be perfectly happy to meet with you."

I don't know how Yagami knows of Nobody.

I don't know if we'll ever see her again.

But somehow -- it's not a problem anymore. Because there's no possible way we could lose in this fight for everything and anything. As we two stare at the sky, there isn't as much to say, except wishes and hopes and dreams.

The words tumble out of my mouth before I can stop them.

"I've met her a few times. She's quite nice, if a little sad. A little lonely, really, that girl on the island. I... I think we're friends, even if she doesn't want to say it, because every time she said it before, reality reset. But this time, there is no resetting, and that's even worse in a way isn't it? If she admits we're friends, and then everything ends, that's it, really. No second chances, no objections, no qualifiers - we all just vanish into the breeze, and her book is left as empty and barren as it was when it first began."

I can't let that happen.

"So let's go to her after this all over, the three of us - you, me, and Auron. You can apologize, or do whatever it is you want, and I'll be content to see her again, even if it could be the last time."
    in the end we will make thoughtcrime impossible, for there shall be no words to express it

#THELEGENDNEVERDIES

[01:05.15] <@Spinach> I can flash gang signs faster than Sasuke can perform ninjutsu and I rap like Medea's High Speed Divine Words.

Blog Entries
    Jacques Dussault
    ???

He sinks through the ocean. It can never be described as a fall, more like a graceful descent into the darkness.

The monster sinks with him.

The people of the world above have spent so much, tried so hard, to submerge it within this world. As one of them pushes off and swims upwards, back into the other place, he can't help but feel a little proud.

The monster roars, and, just like everything else here, it sounds flat and muted, lost in the world that surrounds them.

He drifts down further, actively seeking out the depths. This time, however, he sees something more, something beyond the darkness that once swallowed him whole. The dim light awaits, and as he tumbles for eternity he understands what must be done.

The monster roars again, and again, gathering its power.

He reaches down.

The person who is, and is not, Jacques Dussault lands at the bottom, and underneath him is a river of golden light. It seems distant, separated by something that he cannot see, but he understands that even so -

All he has to do is reach out.

A hand descends, and the resistance fades almost immediately as he reaches into the light. For the first time, he - the bitter, the weary, the displaced - feels welcomed. Something reaches back, and Jacques Dussault;

He takes hold of it.

Power floods the shadow world, dim light echoing up from the depths, dying it in shades of dusk. The monster looks down, roars - but it is too late, as light issues forth, dusk fading into dawn into a bright, golden light that banishes shadows and hate and surges forth, overwhelming everything in its path.

Jacques rides it all, laughter coming freely.

After all, somehow...

With this, even though they may lose, even though they may fall, hope never feels too far away.

The world burns gold.
    [12:37] <I3uster> if playing overwatch would save my mother from the deathbed
    [12:37] <I3uster> id probably flip a coin
    [12:38] <I3uster> to see if i play or not

[18:23] <frantic> spinach is like a caffeine zombie

[18:23] <frantic> in AX he would like
    [18:23] <frantic> drink 8 shots of espresso
    [18:23] <frantic> then he'd turn to me an hour later
    [18:23] <frantic> 'frantic', he'd say, his eyes wild and his lips smug
    [18:23] <frantic> 'i need coffee'

The Time-Governing Twelve Covenants Airen's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Jacques Dussault
    ???

What color is the light that exists within the darkness?

It is a light that has always existed, but one that people often forget is there; it is a light that is subtle in many ways, something whose existence can only be proven by reaching into the darkness and finding what lies inside of it, a light that has been burning with a newfound intensity as those above fight with all they have, and indeed...

The rising golden flame is like that of the sun; where darkness once poured forth out of the crack in the world comes light, it is the light of tempered hope, a golden light that sweeps away the shadows with the promise of an inevitable dawn; faced with that golden light, a light that that is destined to turn into the silver light of stars, a roaring entity notices far too late that the enemy it had locked in it's sight was not the enemy that it needed to worry about...

Indeed, there is no purpose for it attacking those above other than it's own malice, and it's that overwhelming desire to destroy that does it in in the end; by the time it notices the light's approach it is already scattered, the dawn swallows everything up, golden light shifting into a pure silver fire as a wound in the world buckles and opens of it's own accord, a gap in the planet widening, drawing others into it as a crack made by the darkness opens wider with the approach of other inhabitants of the Sea.

This space no longer belongs to Jacques Dussault.

Silver light burns away into a vivid blue existence, and the sensation of falling is replaced with the sensation of being underwater; the endless blue gives off the feeling of being lost in an ocean, but the invisible hands that appear to guide you make the journey seamless, indeed...

Before you know it, you are being moved by countless others.

It is not just you, many others had fallen into the wound in the world at the end, a wound that served as an entrance to something that cannot be allowed to be so simply breached, but they too are being guided by voices and hands that they cannot quite place but that feel infinitely familiar. It is a good thing that they are here, while this ocean is warm it is a warmth that is almost too inviting for it's own good, even though you're 'underwater,' the pang in your chest is a feeling akin to finally arriving at home after being away for years, and indeed, for many people it is tempting to simply stop here and rest forever, but...

It is not yet your time.

Thus you are moved along by others who know this as well, and in the end, when those long-lost friends are forced to leave your group at the edge, giving one last push to send you the rest of the way back-

---

Jacques Dussault
    Tokyo Bay ~ Along the Shore of the Soul Sea

-You find yourself back in reality, emerging in a place different from which you had submerged; it is Tokyo Bay, or at least that is what vague recollections tell you, but..

The normally murky waters are impossibly clear, or rather, it's not just that it's impossibly clear, it's...

Shining in a subtle way, like the sun was still shining atop of it's surface in spite of the fact that it has already disappeared over the edge of the horizon, and while the sensation of comfort wasn't nearly as overwhelming as it had been some time ago, it would be a lie to say that you didn't feel strangely at ease in spite of everything, and even your wounds seem to be closing due to outside factors rather than your own powers...

Outside of the water, nearby buildings appear to have been scorched with flames, so much so that the impression one gets is that everything had literally been on fire at some point in the recent past, but...

One by one, first your friends and then the civilians that had fought alongside you what felt like mere moments before, begin to appear -perfectly healthy- from the waters of the Bay of their own accord, as if they too had ultimately been moved here by that strangely familiar blue force; thus, the spacious bay quickly begins to get more and more crowded as people appear, but, looking around, as Kenji and the others make their way towards the shore along with the startled crowds...

...It seems that Mina isn't a particularly graceful swimmer, now that she's actually reached the surface of something; of course, you're not too worried, because-

"..."

-Humans might be able to drown normally, but they won't in these waters.

Not with that invisible 'gate' that seems to have opened up down below.

It is locked.

Perpetually locked now that you've been guided safely out of it, a new gate that has been created out of necessity and then immediately covered up again, but even a locked 'gate' to 'that place' seems to have a hell of an effect on the surrounding area...

You don't know why you instinctively understand these sorts of things, that this particular Bay has gotten a step closer to 'that ocean,' but...

Your instincts declare it to be true.
    Last edited by Airen; May 31st, 2018 at 06:38 PM.
    Exodus (Complete)

Even if the author is silenced, the performance is stilled and the actors leave the stage, the story will never truly end.

Regardless of the form it takes, as long as there are memories of it's existence, the story will continue on.

In a small ward in the heart of a once devastated town, life carries on as it always has...

Because of you.

Please, remember it warmly.

We'll continue to walk down this path for eternity.

Mugen No Sekai

"The Illusion Incomplete Memories Produce Are,

Fleeting, Disappearing into the Future,

Until the Ruins of Yesterday Overflow,

For That Which Falls Only to Rise is Simply a--"

Blog Entries
    Medrod Pendragon
    Aoyama Ruins

"Outside huh?"

Nodding in understanding along with your impassioned speech, the white-haired man certainly seems to give some serious thought to your statements, one arm resting under his chin as he slowly paces back and forth:

"I like where you're coming from, there's certainly a lot of freedom outside, that's exciting in it's own way, might be able to pull it off normally but... Electricity? Your guess is right, that's the sort of thing that draws attention, real loud, neighbors might even be able hear it through the walls. Outside... Yeah, risks are too high, you'd definitely draw too much attention, looks bad in the police records..."

A pause, then:

"But a vampire too, huh? Nice. Reminds me of my youth, but I shut the biting down kinda quick, said she'd treat me nice, but she didn't know when to stop, you know?"

Yes.

This man is certainly a reliable senior. While the air of a trickster never quite leaves him completely, he does seem to ponder your questions with an innate sincerity, and-

"My, you two certainly have some interesting thoughts sometimes, interesting statements too~"

-A tap on the shoulder distracts you for a moment.

It's Yuka.

For some reason the scary voice is back, and...

Thoughts? Like mind reading...? Psychic powers? Why was she upset? Was it something you had said? Was there something wrong with this particular branch of conversation, or was it something else?

Indeed, filled with those sorts of questions, you look back to Dante to see if he has any answers -after all she had referred to him as well- only to find-

"Well, business beckons!"

-That he's already halfway back up the nearby building, as if he had started to flee the moment the dark-haired woman had started over in this direction with that particularly bizarre aura...

Eh?

"Adios, kid! I'll see you around-!"

Abandonment?!

"That poor girl, being gossiped about so brazenly..."

The grip on your shoulder is like ice...

"Well, come along Med, I'm sure you have wounds that are in dire need of disinfecting~"

Somehow the idea isn't appealing, even more so because...

You're not quite sure what you actually did-!

--}i{--
    Last edited by Airen; June 1st, 2018 at 09:08 AM.
    Exodus (Complete)

Even if the author is silenced, the performance is stilled and the actors leave the stage, the story will never truly end.

Regardless of the form it takes, as long as there are memories of it's existence, the story will continue on.

In a small ward in the heart of a once devastated town, life carries on as it always has...

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Jonathan R. Black
    SLEIPNIR - Star's Cradle
    Final Rest

"Nothing to be sorry about."

Jonathan nonchalantly ruffled the girl's hair, chuckling as he did so.

"I wasn't able to, either. We tried our best, and we still couldn't win."

The world was truly filled with strong people. Stronger than he was, stronger than Akane.
    And even so, the world was deemed to be worthless to the Program that was the Devourer.

"Just means we should get stronger, eh?"

Jokingly, Jonathan pushed Akane back down onto the bed, pulling up the blankets and tucking her in.

"Don't worry about it. You're plenty strong, strong enough to lead those with potential. You yourself have a lot of potential too, you know."

Sitting down on the side of the bed, Jonathan mused for a bit.

"Well, in the end, it seems we're stuck with these goody two shoes for the time being. The Devourer has taken Chiyoko's body and has given an ultimatum - that tomorrow will be the last day."

Jonathan smirks.

"Truth be told, I ain't too fond about tagging along with these do-gooders and busybodies, but it'll have to do for now."

Click the moon for extra scenes Verg Avesta's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Medrod Pendragon
    Aoyama Ruins

Wait.

This was bad.

Somehow Medrod felt like he had stepped on a landmine even though he had no idea how he'd done it. The tone of Yuka's voice, the look in her eyes, the chill in her aura... it all pointed to somehow making her angry, once again...! How!? Why!? Hadn't they simply talked about arranging the fight that Medrod had desired? So why was Dante running too!? Was there something the one-eyed youth missed?

No.

Of course.

It was fighting after all, and one always put his life at risk while fighting. Of course Yuka would get mad when she thought about him and Red going at it, getting wounded and risking life and limb for something as nonsensical as a fight that Medrod thought they'd both enjoy. She probably didn't get it, of course she didn't get it.

"N-no, wait, Yu... Miss Yuka! You're misunderstanding!" Medrod tried to protest, helplessly trying to escape the icy grip. "It's not what you think! It wouldn't be just a spur of the moment thing, I'd use proper protection and everything!"

Yes, this was the logical route. Assure her that he'd take all the precautions necessary to make it a safe battle. Appealing to Yuka's logical side... yes, that was the route to take.

"I mean, even if you and Kazuya are inexperienced at it, I can assure that it's not nearly as bad as it sounds!" He continued. "So t-there's no need to get mad, I know what I'm doing...!"

Please, let this work---!

Quote Originally Posted by The Final Rest
    >>Yuka & Kazuya>>

Blog Entries
    Mikagura Mika
    Aoyama Ruins

Her body is light.

It is a bizarre reminder that, as freakishly inhuman as she had a tendency to act, your godmother was actually quite fragile when she had her guard down; rather than ESPers, who had the support of a 'collective' behind their powers whether they were aware of it or not, Sora was someone who fought purely with the power of her own spirit, constantly bursting to keep up and surpass the others, and in that sense, it seems if she's not actively trying to amp herself up then her defenses are actually almost completely lenient, yes...

There's certainly obvious muscle there, but now that she's completely drained and sleeping she's little better than your average person in terms of her strengths; up until now you never would have realized it, after all, she had more or less bisected a mountain in the middle of your fight with the Reaper of Time, but...

Clearly vulnerable for the first time...

It's simple enough to escape from her unconscious grasp; unlike Nami she hadn't directly latched onto you, it had been more of an accidental position than anything else, but with the wind starting to bring in the night chill as you stand, and even seeing her shudder in it unconsciously...

---You somehow wind up covering her with a blanket. It only took a moment to find, it seemed that the shop had been using it to keep dust off of their more antique novels, but a few quick shakes of it renders it more or less usable. It's surprisingly sentimental, something that feels slightly embarrassing even though no one is around to watch you do it, but having satisfied that newfound feeling inside of your mind with this, you turn again to take care of business and-

"Wait."

She grasps your right wrist.

Her voice is groggy, the voice of someone who clearly intended to go back to sleep now that it had claimed her, but that had something she wanted to take care of first, and:

"I won't do anything reckless myself... So no more shooting yourself in the head type plans either..."

It takes you a moment to remember what she's talking about, but...

Ah...

Was that still bothering her?

----

Makoto Fujioka
    Aoyama Ruins

"There is no need to worry. My body is already completely healed, all I need now is a potent source of spiritual power."

It's true.

Unlike humans, who are capable of producing their own spiritual power from practically nothing, Demons, Gods, and other entities that fall under the banner of spiritual existences rely on the power they are given by other entities in order to fuel their own abilities; this is why attacking a Demon's Summoner was a common strategy, if the Summoner goes down, then the demon would be forced to find alternative methods of maintaining their own existences within the world, of course, one of the more brutal methods of doing this was taking it by force from humans, but...

She was not that type of Summon, thus...

"I will find one before the battle, after I make sure your wounds are healed, therefore there is no need to worry about me."

She does not even consider it as an option, if anything, she would simply steal ambient energy from the environment if she must, because...

She must defeat that 'God,' being forced to retreat to the Shadow Vortex as a husk without power...

Is not a fate she can truly afford in this moment.

---

Jonathan R. Black
    SLEIPNIR - Star's Cradle
    Final Rest

For some reason she had flushed after the head pat, and then flushed harder at the light push onto the bed; while it's a reaction you only notice in passing, it is certainly an interesting one, but-

"...Ultimatum, huh?"

-A more serious look comes on to replace the -strangely disappointed- one as the rose-haired woman works your words over in her head...

"Yeah... If that's the case... Guess it can't be helped... Most of them have always been kinda unnecessarily heroic, so... They'll definitely help, most will be useful too... But it's using that moron's body...? She should have just let me kill her, that thing will suck her soul out and keep it forever..."

While the words themselves are tinged with hints of violence they're also strangely warm, as if Akane actually did think that being killed by her hands was a better fate than winding up as that thing's glorified puppet, but...

It's really a bizarre warmth, a bizarre concern, not like what you would have for a friend, but rather a rival?

It is difficult for you to place, but she erases the expression off with a light shake of her head and a sigh...

"Still... Suddenly one night left...?"

It's something that would be hard for most to accept, but for her, it's merely another road-bump on the struggle she called life...

Then...

"Haha... That kinda sucks. I thought I'd have more time to get you to stop treating me like a kid..."

A bizarre admittance.
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Blog Entries
    Hitoshira Nagi
    Battleship S.L.E.I.P.N.I.R ~ Star's Cradle
    Top of the Ship

"Very well."

In the end, it is a promise.

A chain made with words, a different sort of light being flung into the future, a goal that can only be reached if the enemy tomorrow is defeated, and thus a motivation all it's own to meet that enemy head on and defeat it.

"I do not remember much of her, in the end it is merely vague memories, but... It won't be the last meeting. I am not simply going there, I am going to bring that person here, that is what she wants... Or at least I believe that is the case."

Nobody had admitted to being an entity similar to the Devourer; whether that meant she was a God or something else entirely was not exactly known to you, and in a way bringing such a being here purposefully could be a mistake, after all, you only have that person's words to judge her true character by, and more than one entity has lied to you over the course of these past few months, but...

"Visiting only to leave her there alone is not a happy ending; and that is what everyone here is screaming for, right? A happy ending."

He was not the type to really believe in those sorts of things, but he had promised to try and believe in it this one last time, therefore...

"So we'll bring her to a world filled with life. I think she would be happy to exist in such a place."

Vague memories or not...

He certainly seems to believe that is her true nature.

---

Medrod Pendragon
    Aoyama Ruins

"It's not a matter of being inexperienced or not!"

Appealing to the dark-haired woman's logical side doesn't appear to have worked out in the way you thought it would-! Indeed, flushing at the words and dragging you away in spite of your ever-sincere attempts to assure you that you intended to use every form of protection possible, the woman's emotions simply seem to go from cold to slightly warmer, and by warm...

It was really more like hellfire.

"Besides, we're not inexperienced-! Wait, it's not about us at all-! You shouldn't be talking about that sort of thing so publicly-! Those are private affairs!"

The military had already made clear their intention to heal you, and even if they didn't you would regenerate on your own eventually, so the bottle of rubbing alcohol that appears as a disinfectant is almost completely unnecessary; no, taking into account the fact that she had blatantly healed your wounds with what must have been magic earlier, the disinfectant was absolutely unnecessary, but-

The burning feeling currently running up and down the surface of your back -Nyarlathotep's nails had been rough- is currently the sensation that easily dominates over everything else you're feeling-!

Yes.

For some reason the 'mom' is full of some sort of benevolent but painful wrath -although she does seem to magic some of the wounds away after some time- while-

"So, protection huh?"

A much calmer Kazuya sits atop a piece of rubble across from where Yuka has you laying on your back, he's almost visibly trying not to grin, indeed, he had burst out laughing the moment the woman had denied being 'inexperienced' and had been forced to dodge an empty bottle of disinfectant for his troubles.

"What kind of protection were you thinking about? Maybe I can help you out."
    Last edited by Airen; June 1st, 2018 at 06:16 PM.
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Blog Entries
    Medrod Pendragon
    Aoyama Ruins

Medrod had no idea what he had done wrong, but it was clear that he had done something wrong.

"-------!"

Why else would he have been subjected to what must've been world's roughest and most unnecessary healing!?

A burning sensation of cold spread all over him, from back to the spine, when the rubbing alcohol entered the wounds left behind by the dark deity. Medrod sucked air in through his teeth, trying his best not to show the pain he was in. He was an ESPer famed for his fortitude, he had survived wounds much worse than this, he had endured through pain that far exceeds this...! Yet, for some reason, tears were nearly forming in his eyes. Yuka couldn't have possible aimed to make the healing hurt as much as possible, could she!?

If she did, then... what the hell had he said wrong? This world had gone mad ever since he had met up with Dante, and Medrod would have very much liked to get off the ride. Unfortunately not only were there no pit-stops, but even the other passengers seemed to be after his life...!

Quote Originally Posted by Kazuya
    "So, protection huh? What kind of protection were you thinking about? Maybe I can help you out."
    In the midst of looking like a cat being made to smell mustard, a ray of hope appeared before Medrod. Kazuya seemed to be still sound of mind, though why he was laughing at the younger man's misery was anyone's guess. Medrod shot a pleading look at him, telling him to do something about this girl that he claimed to share a bond with.

"M-maybe some -ow!- sorta insulated -ow!- environment, you know since she breathes fire -ow!- when she gets excited," Medrod tried to answer in the midst of this torture-without-reason. "Far from civilization -ow!- since it's gonna be loud -ow!- and destructive, and since there's gonna be blood -ooooow-! everywhere, we might need a healer on -ow!- standby!"

Why was this happening to him!? What had he done wrong!?

He had been moping alone just fine, so where had the mistake happened...!?

"Also some sorta sheath-shaped -owjesuschrist!- barrier device on my -OOOOOW!- s-s-s-sword!" Medrod hissed under the pain. "It's kinda dangerous nowadays, not like back in the d-day!"

Blog Entries
    Mikagura Mika
    Aoyama Ruins

A hand that tightly grasps my wrist. A plea for me to not do anything stupid. Both of these are unfamiliar situations. But to these, despite the sentimentality, despite the earnestness in which she says these words, I simply can’t dissuade her with a lie. If there is to be trust, then I can’t tell falsehoods about the important matters.

“You should know that’s an impossible statement.”

The words leave my mouth as bluntly as possible. I won’t lie about this. If there came another situation that would risk my life again in such a manner, I would most certainly do it. Because by then I’d have already considered it to be a valid option, the most optimal chance at victory. If it comes to such things…

I refuse to back down.

“Some people are born strong,” I continue, thinking about the correct way to phrase this. A personal belief of mine. “And in this world, enough strength triumphs over any skill, with less effort. To match someone stronger than you, the skilled person has to put so much more effort to even the playing field. They simply can’t win otherwise.”

I sigh, because I don’t think the words Sora will hear now are the ones she wants to hear, but they’re my own opinion.

“I’m a weak person. I’ll do anything to make sure the table I’m playing at isn’t fair so I’ll win. And if winning requires particularly drastic acts of self-sacrifice on my part, I will take it.” That’s the gist of it. I, Mikagura Mika, will resort to whatever it takes to win as long as it means triumphing over the enemy. That is, if the cost is something I deem acceptable. The only life I can truly play with is my own, after all.

“But understand… there’s no point in winning if you can’t enjoy it.”

I give Sora a gentle smile. Perhaps this was the only thing I needed to say at all—that I want to live. I don’t plan things with the idea I’m going to not survive to see the fruits of my labor.

Makoto Fujioka
    Aoyama Ruins

"There is no need to worry. My body is already completely healed, all I need now is a potent source of spiritual power."

“Sensei is all better…

Mmmmn don’t believe you, I’m getting Ane-san and Megane to make sure, hold you down if you try to run …Stupid Sensei funny business.”

Quietly grumbling as I lay there listening to the disharmonious noises around me as I float around thinking, mmmhm can’t leave Sensei or she’ll try to shake things off and pretend nothing is wrong before going off on her own. No good, no good Sensei will just get hurt again.

“So if Sensei needs someone then…”

Catching the end of her words I begin to wonder Sensei’s problem sounds bad but, isn’t it easy to solve?

“Sensei needs someone so… nnn nyaa ha I’ll …do it!

Sleepily picking apart her words so I can throw everything up in the air to watch it float down I realize that it would be a good opportunity for everything. Getting back at Sensei, hugging Sensei, making sure she feels better and… other stuff to I bet. Fwam fuwaaaaaaat fo …om, or something. Now with that decided though I can get started!

“Okaie okaie problem fixey thingie Kenunbosomething goooo…”

Probing outward as I begin to look into ways to hug Sensei with energy I mumble a fancy technique name as I adjust to bury myself into her.

“Not a kid too…”

It was an important point muu.
    Last edited by Vritra; June 2nd, 2018 at 12:56 PM.

Jonathan R. Black
    SLEIPNIR - Star's Cradle
    Final Rest

Her last words brought Jonathan's lips to another grin.

"Well, I admit that will take some time. Even I have times where I feel awkward, you know? Being new to this love stuff and all doesn't help."

After all, it was the first time he felt attracted to a person in a true sense.

"But well, I'll put in some effort."

And with that, Jonathan suddenly stooped down, placing his lips on Akane's own.

A brief silence passed.

Blushing slightly, Jonathan stood up, turning around.

"Now get some sleep. You should rest up for tomorrow."

Blog Entries
    Medrod Pendragon
    Aoyama Ruins

"Hmm, I see."

While a part of him certainly enjoyed this more comedic scene right before what was apparently the end of the world, the part of Kazuya that strove to be a proper 'bro' at all times eventually forces his hand in a sense, indeed...

Unlike the others, who had fallen beneath the veil of illusion that lied just beneath common sense, Kazuya had always known about both sides of the conversation; really, that other white-haired man had been quite cruel to realize what was going on at the end only to run away, but then again, facing an angry Yuka...

He could understand the sudden instinctive urge to flee, from prior experience, he could confirm that demons themselves straight up ran away at times...

"Well then, the Tottori Sand Dunes should do," nodding at you in a way that confirms he will handle this, the older man looks up at Yuka with a practiced smile, "Should be a wide enough space for a fight, you know, a literal fight, swords versus claws? The old man should have a sheathe for the sword in the antique shop, but barriers... You'd have to ask him about putting barriers on it. Could probably do it, but he's lazy a lot of the time..."

Yes.

This should work, indeed...

"Wait," a pause, as the hands on your back freeze in place, "That was what you were talking about? An actual fight? You want to run off and hurt each other for fun?"

Somehow, it seems she had thought you had meant something else, unfortunately-!

"Why would you want to do that?!"

Yes.

This didn't actually change the situation much, even Kazuya's eyes go momentarily hollow as he realizes it, but-

At least she stopped with the disinfectant, right?!

Didn't answer what she thought you had been talking about though!

---

Mikagura Mika
    Aoyama Ruins

"...I see."

Thinking over your words with closed eyes but a grip that was surprisingly tight for someone exhausted to the brink of her limits, the woman frowns at first as you speak, as if she didn't quite like what it was you were saying, but...

"Yeah... Guess that sounds like something you would say..."

In a sense it is unfair, especially because of what you had asked her to do earlier against the Time Reaper, when she had been both ready and willing to follow through on a plan of self-sacrifice herself, but...

"Well that's fine... I'll simply have to make sure that doesn't become necessary."

She could mean a number of things with this, some of which clearly mean violating some of her own promises in order to keep others, but it is the duty of the previous generation to protect the current one, and while you're implying you'd do it if you have too, she believes you when you say you don't go into things intending to sacrifice yourself in that sort of way, so-

"So go ahead and take care of what you must, I'll... Probably still be here if you need me, wake me up if any strategy meetings start."

The release of your grip, and the retreat of an arm to pillow her head...

Accompany her into dreams rather than nightmares.

--}i{--
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Blog Entries
    Medrod Pendragon
    Aoyama Ruins

Ah, finally.

The sweet release from the burning pain. Medrod nearly whimpered as the operation on him was paused, if only momentarily, but Kazuya's expert-like intervention. In his mind, the younger man already begun to thank him profusely... only to see that it was but a moment's respite, if even that. It seemed that while Yuka had been against whatever it was she thought they were talking about, she really didn't like the idea of him and Red going off somewhere to battle for the sake of battle itself. It... It came as a no surprise, really. Medrod knew how strong her protective instincts were, so this situation was to be expected.

Still, he wasn't going to let this situation pass him by. While Yuka was distracted by Kazuya's words, Medrod tried to inch away from his spot of misery. Maybe the ruins over there could provide some cover while he regrouped---!

Quote Originally Posted by Yuka
    "Why would you want to do that?!"
    Caught before he could even begin.

Medrod hung his head in shame.

In any event, while Yuka most likely would not get it, Medrod wanted to at least give some sort of explanation for it. He awkwardly scratched his cheek after shifting to a sitting position. Once again talking about this all serious-like... it made him feel somewhat strange. Enough to have him avert his gaze from Yuka momentarily.

Or maybe that was just fear?

"W-well... When I first met Red, it was the best fight I ever had. And since I'm not sure if she thought the s-same way, I figured... I figured I'd ask her for a rematch," Medrod tried his best to put his thoughts into words. "It's just... I dunno. Something about the way she talks about wanting to fight his other guy, Zerah, bothers me, and I... I wanna make sure if there's a difference."

God this felt awkward. He had never been great in putting his thoughts into words and now Medrod was left with just that task.

"You know. With how she wants to fight him, and how she wants to fight me."

No good! For some unknown reason being under the scrutiny of Yuka's glare and listening to his own voice fumble for excuses made his cheeks feel like they were on fire...! Medrod needed to steer the conversation away from this topic, and fast.

Thus, he directed his grumpy, slightly sulking, glare towards Yuka and peered closer.

"... Wait. What did you think I was talking about, anyways?"
    Last edited by Verg Avesta; June 2nd, 2018 at 02:04 PM.

Blog Entries
    Makoto Fujioka
    Aoyama Ruins

"Very much a kid, and there is nothing wrong with that."

Won't change her mind.

If Katsuro was the unofficial 'father' of the students at Aoyama Gakuen, then it was only natural for this particular entity to consider herself something akin to a strict mother and to act as such; it is for that reason that the student's flirtations with her mean little in the grand scope of things, they will always be her 'kids' and nothing will change that, perhaps that is simply the perspective of a Goddess of Time to consider humans as infinitely younger than oneself?

Regardless, she had trained these kids to fight in her own way, but forging a contract with someone other than Katsuro...

After literal thousands of years of being together with that man, the idea of doing that so soon brings out...

Complicated feelings.

Soul-links were complicated relationships.

"You're not in a good enough condition for that right now, stop throwing around power you don't have," scolding you lightly, she stands up to walk away, seeing as how your condition has improved enough that you seem to be able to move around on your own, "If, come morning, you still feel that way after being healed... I will make a temporary contract with you."

Regardless, seeing as how the conversation has re-awoken a burst of more painful feelings...

It seems she has decided to go on a walk alone to think things over.

--}i{--

---

Jonathan R. Black
    SLEIPNIR - Star's Cradle
    Final Rest

"...Eh?"

She was so baffled at the sudden unexpected response that the sound that emerges from the rose-haired woman is like that of a startled kitten; indeed, the normally reliable system known as Akane's brain shorts out the moment your lips touch her own, the contact feeling almost literally like a pulse of electricity and heat had shot through her body, and...

Turning away, feeling awkward in your own right as her stunned self reaches up with a slow hand as if to confirm the touch, you can't quite make out her expressions anymore now that you've felt the sudden awkward embarrassment of doing something you're unaccustomed too, but...

She's probably also blushing, you're not sure how you know, but you're positive that's the case.

"T-That's not a bad effort."

Stuttering, the true nature you were well aware of quickly becomes apparent, yes...

She had many masks, the tactical villainess, rampaging berserker, and even closet sadist, but...

Her true nature, that stuttering, stumbling, awkward rose haired girl who supported those she loved with everything she had...

Was definitely her 'core' as a person.

"I-If you're going out, stay away from Mikagura! She's too pragmatic for her own good, combine that with the strange sense of heroism she seems to have this time around... Might try something strange regardless of the truce..."

A pause, then:

"And when you're done, come back here. This room... Should be safe."

Pragmatism of her own, or...?

--}i{--
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Blog Entries
    Saki Ryuumonbuchi
    Aoyama Ruins

A careless misstep. It had been too long since she had been human, and in that time she had forgotten what it was like to not only heal at a normal rate, but to not be able to rely on her gift as a Child of the Kyuubi. A body that normally could have scaled and returned from such a height a multitude of times struggled to do so once, though fortunately none were around to see the embarrassing display.

And it was at the moment that she loosed a sigh of lamentation for her pitiful state, that her ankle turned the wrong way. The ruined column she was holding onto for balance simply fell with her, offering no support.

What had been embarrassing became shameful as time seemed to slow down. It was one of those falls where the one falling has the time to simply observe and ruminate on their predicament, before ultimately arriving at the only conclusion: this is going to hurt.

But at least nobody would be around to see it.

"Careful, Saki-chan..."

The voiced reached her ears after she had already felt the hands grab at her, saving Saki from her shame-magnifying tumble.

Now, she had a witness.

"Goddess?"

"Although... It seems I've gotten rather good at these sorts of rescues?"

On reflex, the girl covered her face. As if to hide from the embarrassing situation altogether, not confront that she, an ESPer and Demon Contractor fighting in the Conception, had slipped and fallen, but that she even had to be saved from that very fall.

"..."

As the Goddess brought her down to the ground far more gently than her initial fate had deemed her landing would be, the girl stayed silent. Only the brief image of a pout in the cracks of her fingers showed any signs of life, until finally they reached the ground.

"My thanks...." With a voice that sounded almost reluctant, she thanked the Goddess. "Yet, here I felt that I was making progress on my debt to you, and now I've gone and become even more indebted to you. Lamentable, shameful, regrettable..."

The girl began to slip into a moment of her normal self, finding more and more synonyms, eventually reaching into other languages, for the feeling.

Blog Entries
    Saki Ryuumonbuchi
    Aoyama Ruins

"..."

It's a cuter reaction than what she is used too from the ESPers of the modern day, normally when she swooped in out of nowhere to catch someone the response was a bit more cold in nature, or rather, to use terms the humans would use, everyone had a tendency to go for the 'tsun' in an attempt to cover up their embarrassment for something that she didn't think was a particularly big deal, but...

Covering her face with her hands?

...Even the Goddess can acknowledge that as cute, and-

"No, there's nothing shameful about it-! It is my job to help, you know?"

-Being far more mischievous than she looks at first glance, this sort of reaction is rare and surprisingly honest, thus it is seemingly fine with her-!

Yes!

Much more cute than Mikagura, who had never once humored it when she had been 'Yami' rather than 'Yamuna.'

The Knights had always liked it, thus, she was kind of surprised that these humans had a tendency to not, but-!

Of course, the teasing nature does give way to questions about your linguistics skills; indeed, the sheer out-pour of synonyms eventually becomes such that she starts to actively question the upbringing that had brought you to this point, and-

"So really, there's no debt you need to pay."

She leans forward slightly, lightly resting a hand on your head as if she thought it would stop the out-pour of what had quickly become a personal pride-based self-test of remembered languages:

"But if you insist on paying something back, you could talk with me for a little while? I was curious about a few things."
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Jonathan R. Black
    SLEIPNIR - Star's Cradle
    Final Rest

Jonathan left the room, his hand on his face, shaking off the effects of his emotions on his psych.

Michio was standing in the corridor, his back upon the walls, silent and stoic.

Jonathan took another look at him, and then scratched his head, not knowing what to say to him exactly.

What came out was a half-joke, half-drawl - perhaps an attempt to hide the embarrassment he still felt.

"So, here we are, facing extermination with nothing but determination on our hands. How do you feel?"

Blog Entries
    Mikagura Mika
    Aoyama Ruins

“I’m sorry.”

The words leave my lips when I’m sure she’s asleep. Even if I am a rather shameless person… Well, before I wouldn’t even think of apologizing. I’ve gotten rather soft. Even so… Sora’s words worry me a little bit. Because they’re well-intentioned, of all things.

If everyone’s jockeying to be the hero, who pays the repercussions?

If it was possible… I think I know the risks and benefits better than most. I can perform the correct trades. But others… Others don’t quite have the same judgment as I do, which is both a blessing and a bane. I’m just afraid that if I take a drastic risk on my part, I might lose more than what I intended to bargain for.

I suppose there are contingencies to make, then. And an important person to visit.

>> Yamuna >>

Blog Entries
    Mikagura Mika
    Aoyama Ruins

You find her in a medical tent.

While the previous image of the Goddess in the opening hours of the night was an entity akin to a cheerleader, someone who had appeared to others to bolster their resolve or shake them out of slumps, the image of the Goddess now is that of someone who is at the bedside of their family members.

There are eleven bodies in this tent.

Alive certainly, unwounded even, but completely still other than the gentle movements of their chests. Some were men, others were women, all of them were young, and while they seem both familiar and unfamiliar to you it's easy for you to tell who they are, yes...

It seems that with the return of Nyarlathotep to the void, came the release of those knights that had been buried within the miasmic flesh of the monster as a last-ditch sealing effort. Judging by how much time had passed, it was almost unthinkable that their bodies would be in working condition, and yet not a single of them looks to be older than their mid-twenties, indeed...

While the Goddess seems super strong to most, here, where few can see her, smiles a smile filled with both hope and sadness because...

Even though their bodies have been freed, it seems like the souls haven't quite made it back to their home just yet; of course, idealism and hope indicates that it would just be some time before they awaken, but seeing as how time is something that the world is lacking, this could be thought of as heartbreaking in a sense because, even though she has them back now...

If the world loses tomorrow, they'll never quite be able to reunite, and...

Even more than that...

"..."

There is one who won't wake back up at all, and the one that Yamuna is standing closest too; someone who will stay asleep not because her body wasn't functioning -it was fine- but rather because...

Her soul has already moved on to become "Nami."

It is a feeling that must be complicated, even bittersweet perhaps, but...

"...They were all always really bad about sleeping late."

Speaking to you even without turning your way, she...

Still sounds more happy than sad...
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai