Page 13 of 165 FirstFirst ... 381112131415182363113 ... LastLast

Thread: Ga Rei: Exodus Nine (IC)

Blog Entries
    Fushigi Sayara
    New Aoyama- Residential District
    Saya's House

Well, she didn't burst like I hoped, but I guess this is as good as anything~

It bugs me to think that her body is still intact after something like that, but I guess that just goes to show you that spirits and demons are different from us. I never really did listen to that part of the sermon much, so I guess I shouldn't feel embarrassed or anything. 'Cus spirit or not, if it has a body... If it can do as much as see it, I can touch it. Interact with it. And end it. No fancy arias. No elaborate rituals. Just me and my troubled little mind~

The second she shakes is the second she opens herself up. Catching this little twitch without so much as skipping a beat, I put on my best Sunday grin and rush straight at her. ESP doesn't seem like it's going to do much so... Butchery it is.

My sights set on my sword, I hold out my hand and call out to it. And just like that, the sword that can only be called mine rips itself out of that girl and flies into my hand. And the second it does...

...I slice her to bits with the power of my faith.

Where fancy tricks and pretty shows might fail, this blade of mine won't. Because just like me, this partner of mine loves nothing more than slaying evil.

Wise Up
    Name: Fushigi Sayara

STR: D (20) > C
    VIT: C (30)
    AGI: B (40)
    DEX: B (40) > A
    RES: C (30)
    SPR: B (40)

[Major] Kagetsu- Bright Moon
    As one who assists in executing exorcisms, Kagetsu is the name of the weapon Saya favors in combat. Taking the form of an unusually long chokutou, Kagetsu can be made akin to a holy relic used in generations past. Hailing from an age before the katana was made popular, it is a weapon which excels in demon-slaying and, by extension, exorcisms. But what makes it such a powerful weapon is not the strength of its steel, but its power to devour and seal the negative energies, youki, which sustain the demonic kind. This ability, known as Akujiki (Evil Eat), is what has earned it the title of The Exorcism Blade. As no one being can exist without substance, the fact that this blade can destroy that supply and the flesh alike makes it especially threatening to malevolent forces.
    [Spirit Armament. When attacking a Spirit-Type enemy with Kagetsu, enemy RES is lowered by one rank for the purposes of damage calculation.]

[Minor] Kenjutsu
    To both temper her will and defend herself against evil, Saya has studied the art of the sword for the past six years. Eventually going on to use these skills to combat malevolent spirits and the like, it goes without saying that she has obtained a respectable level of skill in handling the blade (particularly, the chokutou). Making full use of the reach of her sword and her overall mobility, Saya seems to favor a defensive style which, oddly enough, would seem better suited for a katana. Nevertheless, she combines principles from different styles to create a method all her own. Seeing how as she's not the strongest when it comes to wielding a blade, Saya's motto is "strength in softness".
    [Effect 1: Passive. STR and DEX are considered a rank higher when attacking with swords.]
    [Effect 2: Small modifiers are granted to hit rate and evasion when fighting against unarmed opponents.]
    "I promise nothing." - Sei "Kanra" Slayers
    Resident Sadist. Enjoys stepping and sitting on people.
    Avid lover of butts and anime.

The Time-Governing Twelve Covenants Airen's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mikagura Mika
    Outside the Occult Shop
    Late Night/Early Morning
    Moon Phase: Half

Your words fading into the red night, into the shadows of a street cloaked in the light of a vibrant pale moon, the being, the tall figure whose form was cloaked by darkness, does not answer your inquiry immediately, and for a moment, it seems almost like you're being ignored, as if you were a figure that was eternally below it's notice.

And-

"I am one bound to the underworld by chains."

These words, spoken softly, and distorted through the haze of black from which they emerged, sound as if they come from a great distance. The being, a creature that your instincts repeatedly insist is a god, a being that does not belong in this place, a foreign invader from another realm, takes a step forward, slowly, deliberately, the sound of invisible chains scraping against the ground, a sign that, perhaps, the creature had been being literal with it's words rather than metaphorical, making this whole scenario seem far too much like something you would see while watching some sort of horror movie.

"But that matters not..."
    another step forward, and this time, Sora takes a step of her own to match him, moving forward as he does, but not yet attacking, "To awaken to this sort of chaos... And no signs of the fox to oppose me... Wonderful..."

It was hostile.

Despite the soft words, words that you have to strain to hear, and that sound gentlemanly to a point, warm, deceivingly kind, you know without a doubt that the being in front of you cares little, if at all, about the lives of humans and-

"So this time... I will succeed... Humans! Scream! Cry! Wail!" His warm voice a direct contrast to the meaning of his words, the figure cloaked in shadow laughs, a deep sound that makes you want to flee, but one that roots you in place all the same, "This world of despair isn't enough-! Cry, all of you! Create a world where my soul can be free!"

As these words reach you...

A crimson fog appears to replace the black mist that had covered the dark god.

It is not the same as that fog.

While the other fog had been something that seemed like the miasma associated with spirits, and even now, could be seen, acting as a blanket over this chained god, this red mist was something else entirely. It was more like a field of poison, a heavy gas that seemed to seep into your body regardless of whether or not you actually breathed it in, an invasive, murderous fog that targeted everyone here, and slowly but surely, began to pull what could only be called "life," from your bodies.

Sora takes 10 HP Damage.
    Mika takes 10 HP Damage.
    Shiro takes 10 HP Damage.
    Norie takes 10 HP Damage.
    ??? takes 10 HP Damage.
    Vampire Counter + 1 (Everyone)

It was similar to the idea of stealing your breath, in a way. And while the figure of the monster, a hulking black armed figure in this sea of fog could still be seen, it was difficult for you to make out the forms of the others, their figures blurred and hard to distinguish in the red cloud that had graced the battlefield, but it didn't seem like any of the others had left...

This fog was a tool for murder.

Laughter still echoing in the air, a clear killing intent descends on you all.

It had not moved any further yet, but soon...

Someone was going to become a target.

---

One Bound to the Underworld

-Vampiric Mist-
    A crimson mist that seems to continually drain the life of all those who exist within it, as well as obscure vision and sound to a certain extent. Further details unknown.

The Black Fog/Erebus

???????????????????
    Last edited by Airen; September 15th, 2014 at 09:11 PM.
    Exodus (Complete)

Even if the author is silenced, the performance is stilled and the actors leave the stage, the story will never truly end.

Regardless of the form it takes, as long as there are memories of it's existence, the story will continue on.

In a small ward in the heart of a once devastated town, life carries on as it always has...

Because of you.

Please, remember it warmly.

We'll continue to walk down this path for eternity.

Mugen No Sekai

"The Illusion Incomplete Memories Produce Are,

Fleeting, Disappearing into the Future,

Until the Ruins of Yesterday Overflow,

For That Which Falls Only to Rise is Simply a--"

Blog Entries
    Jacques Dussault & Watanabe Tomoya
    Outside 'For Pete's Sake', New Aoyama
    Night

Moon Phase: Waxing

The moon is beginning to change.
    Current Phase: Half

"Tch, you guys sure like to do unnecessary things," Kenji's expression a tad cross as you make your plan clear, the boy turns his back to the brawl, as if in dismissal of what was about to happen, "If you're so intent on saving her, that means I can't jump in, none of my skills are made for the whole mercy thing."

Was he lying?

His back to you, it is difficult to tell what exactly is going through the boy's head, but...

"Still, your bar, your call," starting away, the boy raised another arm as Jacques starts his attack, "But you'll understand soon enough... There are some people in this world that just can't be saved."

What a pessimistic kid.

His actions making it clear that he had no intention of interfering with this in any way, you turn your attention back to the screaming matter at hand, the out of breath figure of Maiya, as well as the composed as ever Izuna, reach your side without further delay, Maiya's face confused, but Izuna's more calculating, as if, in one way or another, he already knew exactly what was going on over here. It was a tad suspicious in many ways, but...

Tamamo takes 80 HP Damage.

There was no more time to ask questions.

Darkness, the storm of branches summoned by Jacques had reached the roaring girl easily enough, her spirit still roaring sky high with power no human should possess, the once graceful movements had turned completely into those of a berserker, and without a shred of abandon or worry about the potential damage, the silver haired woman had charged straight through the storm of shadows, her eyes, locked on the form of the employee, making her target clear. The branches tear at her clothes, and grapple at her body, but in spite of that, her footsteps, charged with some ancient hatred that no one in this world could comprehend, force her to keep going, an insane berserker that cares not for the numerous wounds covering her body, or the pain that should, at the least, stop her footsteps.

It's a rather terrifying sight, to see someone tear themselves apart so casually for the simple act of getting at you, but...

For her, or rather, the force that drove her, the easiest and fastest way to get at you all was in a straight line.

Point A to Point B.

No need to go around.

Straight forward.

The stone would fix any damage that was gained as a result-!

Breaking free from the binds, the girl does not slow, the fist that pulls back carries a heavy pressure, not a blow that will end a fight, but the harbinger of the storm of hyper fast blows that will end the life of Jacques Dussault.

But-

Tomoya takes 10 HP Damage.

That same fist, is caught by the resolved figure of the bartender. The force behind the blow sends a shock through his arm even as he catches it, but the man does not flinch at the small pain, or at the fact that her strength was matching his own, for you, such a blow, is absolutely nothing-!

The girl's eyes do not widen, rather, the instant the first of her attacks is denied, her other arm goes back to launch another attack, but-

"Hey there Kusumi," smiling pleasantly, the collected figure of Izuna appears at her side, his spear still resting on his shoulder, "Let's get this over with real quick, alright?"

And, as casually as was humanly possible, the human exorcist sweeps his foot out, and kicks the woman's right leg out from underneath her.

And the instant her balance is thrown off, even by this much...

You throw her down, and just as the plan had called for, everyone but Izuna piles on, a tangle of flailing limbs and voices erupting in the night as you combine your strength with your allies in order to pin the woman to the ground. As a technique, it lacks grace, and is much more suited for a street fight than anything else, with an obvious advantage of three on one tilting things in your favor. But despite the fact that three super humans are holding her to the ground, the woman beneath the three of you is raging around like a monster, her head flailing around wildly as you try to catch it and remove the stone from her ear...

The longer this goes on, the more desperate the thrashings become, and when you finally manage to pin her head...!

Something beneath you feels like it explodes.

Tomoya takes 60 HP Damage.
    Jacques takes 85 HP Damage.
    Maiya takes 70 HP Damage.

And the three who had piled on so recklessly, go flying off of her prone form, propelled by an invisible burst of spirit power.

"Ha... Ha..."

Standing as you do, Tamamo, who seemed to be breathing heavily, once again gets that harsh, killing look in her eyes.

Close...

But she still has some definite kick still in her...

It might hurt Kusumi but... Wearing her spirit down a bit more might help....

----

Tamamo

Name: Kusumi/Tamamo-no-Mae
    Class: Kyuubi Vessel?

Stats

Strength: A (50)
    Vitality: ?!
    Agility: A
    Dexterity: C
    Resistance: F (0) ????
    Spirit: A

Equipment
    -Sesshōseki- (Unsealed)
    A pure crystallized form of spirit power that is thought to be a fragment of the Kyuubi, and an item that is capable of greatly augmenting the abilities of the one who holds it, should they give into it's influence. As spirit power is affected by one's emotions, and it's origins lie with vengeful spirits, it can also be called a cluster of 'dark feelings.' When unsealed, it can warp the heart and mind of it's owner, this effect is worsened when used by a human. Extremely dangerous.
    [So long as [...] is met, the value of offensive SPI abilities or spells is doubled for the purpose of battle calculations. In addition, so long as the conditions are met, SP value is considered it be infinite.]
    [So long as [...] is met, regeneration becomes possible as a free action on all turns, and all afflictions, be they spiritual or physical, can be recovered from within two turns regardless of their strength or severity.]
    [Augments any ESP ability related towards Offense. Defense and Support Abilities are heavily reduced in effectiveness.]
    [So long as [...] is met, the user is considered to be an evil spirit. In addition, depending upon compatibility, it may be possible to 'tame' vengeful spirits.]

Major Perks

-Destruction Vessel-
    A former (?) host of the Kyuubi, Tamamo's natural spirit power has been forever changed as a result of that impossible, long-term possession. Her body now constantly generates Spirit Power in response to conflict, in a manner eerily similar to that of a bane-stone, and while it does this naturally, it has become impossible for her to hold all of that power in her body without it breaking down from the stress. As a result, she has taken to subconsciously filtering it outside of her body, encasing herself in a barrier of spirit power that makes her presence impossible to ignore, and augments all of her actions towards “destruction.”
    [Effect 1. Passive. Regain 50 SP at the start of each turn. This effect can be negated in order to bring about Effect 2 if desired.]
    [Effect 2. Passive. At the start of each turn, if Tamamo would gain excess Spirit Power as a result of Effect 1, or chooses not to regenerate her internal SP, place an “Aura,” counter on Tamamo. At any time after this, she may burn a number of “Aura,” counters to bring about a variety of effects, however, this can only happen once per turn:

(1) Next physical attack gains ranged properties. (Damage = 0.5x SPI)
    (2) ???
    (3) Next physical attack is augmented by 0.5xSPI. This attack ignores the target's guard commands.

(4) Burn through a large amount of spirit to create an AoE shock-wave with oneself as the center. Useful for breaking grapples. Shock-wave damage is equal to her current SPI value.

-???-
    A trait that makes Kusumi different from others, and enables her to wield a certain amount of Sessoseki without losing her sense of self completely. Stopped her from beating Jacques to death, but...

-Violent Goddess-
    [Enables two attacks per turn. Requires a Sessoseki.]
    Exodus (Complete)

Even if the author is silenced, the performance is stilled and the actors leave the stage, the story will never truly end.

Regardless of the form it takes, as long as there are memories of it's existence, the story will continue on.

In a small ward in the heart of a once devastated town, life carries on as it always has...

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Blog Entries
    Saki Ryuumonbuchi
    New Aoyama, Outside 'Brewed Awakenings'
    Night

The moon has begun to change.
    Current Phase: Half.

"...Eh? Sounds like a dream to me..."

Despite the fact that Saki's story of her journey to a blue world was rather out there and difficult to imagine, it seemed that, as time passed, and they really got the chance to think about it, the other members of your group each held their own varying beliefs in the amount of truth present in the story. Michio, who had once again reclaimed the stone from you in an attempt to figure out what had actually happened, seemed perfectly willing to dismiss the entire thing as a dream, some sort of hallucination formed from all the stress the girl had been put through for the whole night. To be fair, it was probably the theory that made the most sense, he had read reports of people having out of body experiences in the past, but those had almost always been invoked by near death experiences, and while use of a Bane-Stone would eventually result in the death of the user, it is not the sort of artifact that would force a person's soul from their body.

While much of the deeper knowledge on the stones had been lost with the death of a certain exorcist line in the conflict eight years ago, as far as the remaining records showed, it was an artifact that slowly corrupted those it came in contact with, doing something drastic like forcing a person's soul from their body was counter-intuitive, people would notice, and it would be taken from its host before it could really lay it's roots in them.

And even if it did do something like that... Why allow the body to remain immobile?

If you went through all the trouble of possessing a body, would you not use it rather than let it lay?

As far as he saw it, it had to be a dream, no one possessed the strength to seal a bane-stone alone. There were preparations that had to be made, people of significant power to gather, and lengthy rituals to go through before it could even hope to be silenced...

And yet... As the girl said... The stone had been quieted...

And thus, Michio, hand still resting on his chin, went off into his own little world of contemplation, while Liane...

"She-Who-Reigns-Soverign-Over-The-Pitrs? World of Blue?" Her eyes surprisingly clear, the young woman moves to sit in a chair as her expression too, becomes contemplative, her arm, now in a blue sling, held across her chest, "...Can't say either of those rings a bell... Although a stone like that would probably have you seeing red if anything..." wincing as she moves her arm again, the woman glances over at Megumi, who, having apparently suppressed her mother instinct, is once again fiddling around with that laptop of hers, "What do you think, Nakamura?"

"Hmmm...? Well, it's plausible," her eyes locked on the screen the woman absentmindedly comments on the story despite the fact her focus is clearly elsewhere, "Tokyo is a place with a lot of spiritual areas, and it sits right over the area closest to the Reimyaku, which most people seem to describe as blue... Ah-" Her eyes widening at something on the screen, the woman smiles, "But, we can talk about all of this later, the countermeasures department sent a few dozen helicopters... Probably the PDCH... Annoying black fog or not, we can probably get out of here that way."

So that was what she was doing... Using that computer like some sort of radar?

...Pretty well prepared for someone who hadn't seemed like an exorcist at all at first glance.

"...How far?" looking down at her arm for a moment, the blonde haired girl asks the question everything is thinking, and...

"Not too far... They seem to have landed a few blocks from the park... If we move out now, we can definitely reach them within half an hour... Took them long enough to respond to my call..."

It was a message that brought some hope.

Rather than having to flee Aoyama on foot, it was possible to get out of here with assistance from some sort of government organization, however...

Going out into that miasma had already proven to be an action that attracts vengeful spirits to you, it was only natural, as something living in a haunted area, you didn't quite fit in with the new status quo, but...

As if to erase this last factor that would make you hesitate, the ground beneath your feet starts to shake, it's only a few tremors, a few heavy shakes of the earth that prelude a greater earthquake in the near future, and then, like a black wave, the fog that had settled over the area for the night, the fog that had even now begun to seep back into the building, rolls back out into the night like a wave, as if some invisible distant god was sucking it out of the area with a straw, and while this sight had blocked you from viewing a certain storm of lights in the distant sky, it is enough to get the three adults in the group moving to take advantage of what may be the one and only chance you had of safely moving through the streets.

Really, even if you had wanted to stay, you had the feeling that one of the three exorcists would have yanked you out of here kicking and screaming with all the authority of an older family member.

Resistance was useless.

----

It didn't take long at all.

With Liane having thrown your wounded assailant over her shoulder without complaint, and you and the others putting forth that great effort of will known to be common to humans, it isn't much more than a few minutes sprint before you find yourself in front of tall, brick building, the sign of which seemed to identify it as an occult shop of some kind. On the rooftop, you can see the distant form of what seemed to be the promised chopper, and inside of the building, you can see a large amount of people, some dressed all in matching orange suits and standing with some sort of inherent authority, but others seeming like nothing more than normal civilians, a gathering perhaps, of the people that had been missing from your section of the Aoyama ward.

"Oh, thank god," breathing a sigh of relief, Megumi half-pushes the two of you into the building, and the others follow, "Looks like they managed to set up some sort of safe haven... But really, they picked a pretty odd place for it... A church would have been better... They're inherently resistant to this sort of event, but I guess they have their reasons..."

As you and your group step inside, you draw the gazes of quite a few people... And while their eyes are alarmed at first, and more than a few guns are pointed your way, they seem to settle back into a calm acceptance mere moments after you arrive, some of them so nonchalant about the whole thing that they are playing cards amongst themselves, which is yet another sign that, after experiencing the Kyuubi incident, even the normal, unchanged people of this ward are much harder to actually shake than most.

"Hmmm? Agent Cross, Lady Nakamura?" A calm voice, male, approaching your group soon after the awkward feeling of just busting in fades, you see a young man, dressed in that odd orange uniform, move to stand in front of you all, his hands at his sides in a casual way despite the fact there was clearly a gun on his hip, "Nice to see you could make it. Lady Kuzunoha will be relieved the two of you are alright." His eyes moving over to the two of you after addressing the adults, the man smiles, then, "And it's nice to see that a few more kids made it out alright. Feel free to relax here, the radar isn't showing anything, so it seems the worst of this incident is over. Once we hear back from the captain, evacuation procedures will start. If all goes well, everyone should be out of here by sunrise."
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Blog Entries
    King
    New Aoyoma, Aoyama Reien (Aoyama Cemetery)
    Night

"Is that so?"

In many ways, the girl sounded fascinated by your answer. It was the hammer that pounded in the last nail of the theory of her abnormality, her eyes wide with a sincere curiosity as she quietly listens to your answer, to the goal of which you had assigned yourself, and after a moment, curiosity becomes approval, and the girl smiles and nods once, as if the words had struck some sort of chord deep within the hidden chambers of her mind.

"I see," eyes closed, the smile does not fade, "So you achknowledge pain is inevitable... But your goal is for everyone to enjoy life in spite of those pains... That's interesting..." Her expression is pleasant, far different from the sad, restrained girl who had tried her best to not burden you on something as simple as a walk, and it seems that, while hearing your story, she has actually forgotten about the fact that she was still clinging to your arm for support, "Maybe all the people who live here feel the same way... It would certainly explain a lot of things about all of you... What a fascinating will the people of this city hold..."

All of you?

There was something odd about the way she said that... But...

"...?"

The girl's footsteps coming to a halt, you pause for a moment in order to match her, instinctively wanting to be able to carefully catch her if she were to fall again, but rather than falling...

"Ah... Is this perhaps... The fog you spoke of?"

It seems she had stopped because she, unlike the oblivious Isamu, who was still chatting away on that cell phone of his, had noticed something approaching in the distance. At first, the sight of the black fog did not alarm you, after all, it was something that had been ever-present in the city ever since the setting sun had disappeared over the horizon with your consciousness, but, seeing it here, in the presence of a girl whose existence alone seemed to banish it, whose aura had restored the world to how it should be, set off alarm bells in your mind, and you find your eyes narrowing at the approaching black in spite of yourself.

It was thicker, not the vague, smoke like fog that littered the city, this was more like...

A wave...

As if all of the miasma in the outer regions of the city had started to pull towards the center of the city of it's own volition; there was no wind, no obvious outer interferences that would have pushed the black mist towards you, only the sight of it approaching, the moon reflected through it's haze burning a light red, the same moon you and the others had seen in the sky upon awakening in this red night; and while it does stop for a moment upon reaching you and Merry, the dark, thicker than you had ever seen it, eventually overpowers whatever innate strength of purity her spirit possessed, and the red night once again washes over you all...

Naraku reestablished.
    Current Moon Phase: Half

Behind you, in the direction the fog seemed to be going, you could see a shower of lights in the distant sky, like fireworks, forming some sort of sigil over what seemed to be the memorial park. It's the sort of thing you would normally investigate, but under the current circumstances...

There was something coming here that demanded your attention...

It wasn't an audible sound, or even something you could see, but, you, as well as the other two, could feel something coming...

Something that felt like a manifestation of the fog, the source of the black mist, something dark and... heavy... Moving towards the distant light filled sky as if it sought to snuff it out...

"..."

Voice silent, and the phone in his hand having lost signal the instant the fog reached this place, Isamu backs up towards the two of you as a humanoid shape appears in the distance, the boy naturally moving to stand protectively on Mary's other side, and then-

"...!"

Cloaked in the darkness, the figure passes like an illusion at first, seeming to melt into the fog and move with it, rather than using her body, but...

Following the 'densest' part with your eyes, you notice when that part of the fog stops, hovering over the concrete walls of the cemetery, and then, your eyes still on it as an instinctive response to danger, you see it when the fog melts away and reveals a girl, wearing some odd combination of torn and untorn clothes, the more damaged attire looking like something that would belong to a shrine maiden, and the others like the sort of casual wear you would wear at home. Her back to you, there is nothing inherent about her body that screams danger, but something about her existence, about her simply being there, gave off the undeniable feeling of a powerful vengeful spirit, of something wrong masquerading as a human, or borrowing one as a puppet...

Rampaging emotions, but a clearly silent demeanor.

"...So, the one exorcising this place was you, holy child...?"

She still does not turn to face you, but you can feel a creeping hostility direct itself towards Mary, like a knife resting on the edge of a throat.

"I was wondering why it was taking so long for this city to sink... But... I suppose a true saint would be able to calm the lamenting dead... How troubling... This city has many safeguards I did not anticipate..."

Around you, the mist is swirling, more and more of the dark feelings made manifest flowing in from the outskirts of this city, as if following after this girl...

And settling around all of you in a thickening cloud that was starting to obscure everything but the woman and your allies....

Her voice sounded conversational enough but...

Something was obviously wrong here...
    Last edited by Airen; September 17th, 2014 at 09:23 PM.
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Gläubig müssen die nicht sein, daran glauben müssen sie I3uster's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Suzume Oshino
    Night

The moon has begun to change.
    Current Phase: Half.

"...Eh? Sounds like a dream to me..."
    "Dreams do lots of things. They don't seal killing stones."

She is sure that this has happened. This is no dream to her, and whatever it has been, it leaves us with tangible evidence that, something, whatever it may be, definitely has happened when she touched the stone.

"...Can't say either of those rings a bell..."
    "Are ESPer reactions to the stones even well documented? I have never heard anything about that."

Our rather unique situation notwithstanding, I do not know what these things are supposed to do to us under normal circumstances. These stones have been used before our time by Exorcists, but their interactions with ESPers obviously do not have such a long history.

"Tokyo is a place with a lot of spiritual areas, and it sits right over the area closest to the Reimyaku, which most people seem to describe as blue... Ah-"
    "You hear that Saki? You're a ghoooooost!" I wave my arms dramatically at her. A situation that would make her uncomfortable probably does not exist, but still, lightening her mood a bit would not hurt.

"But, we can talk about all of this later, the countermeasures department sent a few dozen helicopters... Probably the PDCH... Annoying black fog or not, we can probably get out of here that way."
    I let loose a sigh, and as my body relaxed I felt like a marionette whose strings were cut. I just wanted to fall over and sleep for a bit. The tension that held me on my feet until had been washed away. Finally, this mission is over. Evac from the countermeasures department in an area that has been confirmed under attack probably came with an escort that a Wendigo can never hope to overcome.

"Not too far... They seem to have landed a few blocks from the park... If we move out now, we can definitely reach them within half an hour... Took them long enough to respond to my call..."
    "Godverdomme!"

It is sufficiently harder to get that tension back into my body than it has been to release it. "Half an hour? What are the chances on us not being attacked during that? Is there a safe route...I just....AAAAAH" I run both of my hands through my hair.

"They are clearing up the parameter at least I assume?"

-----------

Surprisingly our journey happened without any incidents, unless one counts several near-nervous breakdowns that I had due to various suspicious-looking shadows.

"Looks like they managed to set up some sort of safe haven... But really, they picked a pretty odd place for it... A church would have been better... They're inherently resistant to this sort of event, but I guess they have their reasons..."
    I want to say "They know about Saki" but hold my tongue. No, now is not the time to tear open old wounds.

"And it's nice to see that a few more kids made it out alright. Feel free to relax here, the radar isn't showing anything, so it seems the worst of this incident is over. Once we hear back from the captain, evacuation procedures will start. If all goes well, everyone should be out of here by sunrise."
    I ask Liane. "An acquaintance of yours?"
    Last edited by I3uster; September 18th, 2014 at 10:56 PM.
    [04:55] Lianru: i3uster is actuallly quite cute

Blog Entries
    Suzume Oshino
    Night

Saki walked along with the others through the city in an uncharacteristic silence. Though her abnormal lack of enthusiasm may have come off as brooding, the true cause for her silence was a simple matter of great importance to her. The playful jesting that Suzume had shot out before leaving the café still ran through her mind.

"You hear that Saki? You're a ghoooooost!"

A debate raged through the girl’s mind, shutting out the others as they walked through the dark city. So great, of such vast importance was this debate that Saki ignored the abundant opportunities to try and use her fire to make the shadows dance, something that would have easily given Suzume more than few small heart attacks.

“You're a ghoooooost”

Three different, yet exactly the same, voices argued back and forth inside of her head. They completely drowned out the world around her, whatever idle chat went on in the group completely flew past her ears, deflected by the barrier she had erected in her mind. The absent miasma created a sense of comfort, telling her that it was okay to drop her guard and engage in such vital debates. Any concern Saki had over encountering another potential enemy had left with the miasma, sucked off to another place.

“ a ghoooooost”

The journey to their destination ended faster than expected, the group reaching the tall brick building just as the opposing voices reached a verdict.

“ghoooooost”

Close, but not quite.

If the world Saki had returned from truly was the Reimyaku, then she wasn’t a ghost. The proper term would be revenant, for a spirit that had returned, rather than a ghost, one which had lingered.

Saki Ryuumonbuchi, Child of the Spirits, loyal retainer to the Master of Hearts, Daughter of the Kyuubi, and now, Revenant.

With the most important matter solved, Saki took a moment to actually observe the situation. They had arrived at what was, as far as she could tell, a store specializing in occult wares. The prospect of which brought her more than a little joy. But before Saki could separate herself from the group and begin browsing for new items to add to her collection, a large number of wary eyes turning toward the group draws her attention.

Wary eyes and guns.

She flashed a smile to the numerous gunmen, welcoming any of them to try her, but before she could even issue a challenge the weapons are lowered, as quickly and nonchalantly as they were raised.

The smile only grew slightly wider, slightly less aggressive as she observed the ones she had scant seconds ago considered prospective opponents return to playing cards with each other, as if nothing had happened. It was comforting, to be surrounded by people so comfortable with pointing weapons at others that they could do it at a moments notice, only to quietly return to whatever they had been occupied with beforehand. It reminded her of being at home, surrounded by her ‘shadow minions,’ the rowdy brutes that were her ‘family,’ not by blood, but by loyalty.

For the first time since the fighting had begun, Saki wondered if her family was caught up in the night’s festivities.

"Hmmm? Agent Cross, Lady Nakamura?"

Interrupted from her thoughts Saki turned a quizzical eye to the man approaching the group, her ears specifically locking onto two interesting words.

“Agent Cross…” Muttering under her breath, Saki followed the man’s eyes as he spoke to Liane, questioning the meaning of the ‘agent’ that he had called the girl’s new ‘Master.’

Before she realized it the man had taken notice of herself and Suzume. Mentions of evacuation almost urged a response out of Saki.

Evacuation, escape, was in no way something she had an interest in. What was happening tonight fascinated her, it tugged at her heart in a way she couldn’t describe. She wanted to go out and see what else was happening in the city, to witness it with her own two eyes, and most importantly, to participate. Something told her that deep in the dark city roamed more and more vengeful spirits roamed the streets in a nefarious, international Hyakki Yagyo.

She wouldn’t trade this chance of a lifetime for the world.

"An acquaintance of yours?"

But just as she wanted to go out and join the festivities, Saki was curious about her new Master, what kind of agent she was, who this man is, as well as anything else he may share about the events occurring tonight. Thankfully, Suzume seemed to be taking the first step toward getting the answer for at least one of those questions.

Blog Entries
    Mikagura Mika
    Outside the Occult Shop
    Late Night/Early Morning

The red miasma coats my lungs, burning like chemical weapons of ages past, the slow, constant feeling of drowning, strength leaving your limbs with every breath. We’re being toyed with. In an instant the deity in front of us could strike us down, but he would much rather watch us grovel for our lives, like an emperor in the coliseum.

It’s hard to stay calm.

The being in front of me is repulsive, but in the way the common man views the tyrant. There is no way to change the way is ruled; it is best to lie down and accept the world as it is, not what it could be. And I cannot stand it. Certainly, all creatures are not made equal, but it is an affront to any sentient being to make them grovel under your own crude and blatant display of power.

Tyrants fall by the hands of revolutionaries. The consequences do not matter—the fact is, they fall.

And if I must become a revolutionary for the slimmest chance to kill an unfettered tyrant, so be it.

The world gently falls into the consistency of numbers, objective truth.

Wind speed: 4 km/h ± 0.0005789 km/h | Current Temperature: 12°C ± 0.78°C | Heart rate: 136 b/m ± 2 b/m

The world is chaotic. More variables than any sane human being can keep track of. I was never one for flash, elegance—when my ESP first came to me, I saw the world’s truths, every variable measured to a painstaking, microscopic degree, where I swear I could feel every atom that made up the cards I played with so well. To plan, to ponder, to prepare. So that life would never beat me with its stacked deck.

85.34% chance of Shiro attacking (laser speed 325 m/s ± 5.28 m/s; drawn from previous observation) based on posture with a 6.78% SD. Based on past evidence, Norie will likely follow up (92.45%; SD 2.65%). Sora looks hesitant—chances (78.32%; SD 1.60%) are that she will also attack if needed.

A French mathematician thought that if there was a being that knew the exact specifics of every variable in the universe at one moment, they could follow the entire path of the universe from that point on, in either direction. They called such a being a demon, a hypothetical, something impossible.

Fitting, as demons do not listen to gods.

Colt M1911: grip slightly dented because of attempted strike to the forehead of Sakamoto Chizaki (3 years, 2 months, 22 days, 16 hours, 8 minutes, 45 seconds ago), muzzle velocity 251 m/s ± 7.23 m/s, grip steady, hands swaying slightly to the left 4.67°.

I take aim, knowing that even though Shiro's potential laser will hit first, I will have already moved. Injuring the divine seems to be out of our class, even for Sora. But as for its cloak, the dark, certainly different fog...

84% chance to hit the black shroud, SD 3.58%.

It was far more down to earth than the celestial being it covered.

--------------------------------------

ESP active.

Current Status
    Name: Mikagura Mika

Stats

HP: 325/400
    SP: 430/500
    RP: 80/100

Strength: ???
    Vitality: C (30)
    Agility: B (40)
    Dexterity: C (30)
    Resistance: C (30)
    Spirit: A (50)

Perks

Major: Instinctive Reaction
    Years of gambling and pissing off regulars for beating them at their own game has lead Mika to be even better at reading people and their intent. It's as if she knows exactly what they'll do next. As a result, if they attack, she is already prepared. If they use a trick of theirs she's already seen, she's even more prepared to react against it, because if the same trick didn't fly by her once, why would it do so again? Applies to non-humans as well—everything has a tell she can pick up on.
    [Effect 1: Passive. Hit rate of enemy skills decreases when used more than once in battle against Mika. However, due to the nature of some ESP attacks, this does not always apply to ESP Abilities. Resets at the end of every battle.]
    [Effect 2: Passive. So long as she does not attack, the success rate of the “Evade,” Guard Command is increased drastically in regards to observable singular attacks.]
    [Effect 3: Passive. Damage of enemy skills/attacks previously observed by Mika is reduced by 10%. If the opponent continues to use the same techniques regardless, or lacks a skill to counter this one, further penalties may be applied. Resets at the end of every battle.]
    [Effect 4: Passive. Increased ability to read the emotional tells of others; extends to killing intent, and reduces the success rate of surprise attacks.]

Minor: One in the Chamber
    Mika is experienced with handguns because of the fact she gambled them from the Yakuza. Her skill is rather decent, and currently she carries a semiautomatic for her own protection. She knows where to get ammunition too, if that counts for anything.
    [Equipment. Semiautomatic. Attack value of bullets is equal to Mika's current DEX. Will always hit if the opponent possesses an AGI value of C or lower. Cannot awaken as a True Spirit Armament. For an SP cost of 20, the damage value of the bullets can be raised to 50.]

Minor: Sounds Trustworthy
    Mika has developed the ability to sound trustworthy regardless of what she is saying, whether it is swindling a kid out of their lunch money or telling you that you need to accompany her as she goes to an illegal cockfighting tournament to make some cash. Or, you know, that's she's not cheating. She's never cheating.
    [Effect 1: Passive. Barring the use of certain mental skills (or innate paranoia), characters will normally believe Mika is telling the truth. Loses effectiveness with characters if lies are discovered by them later on.]
    [Effect 2: Gain positive modifiers when negotiating with others.]

Psychic Power/ESP (Extra-Sensory Perception)

Absolute Knowledge – Oracle Think Tank

“I've seen everything I need to know.”

Oracle Think Tank, in plain terms, is perfect observation combined with the calculation ability to use it. By simply observing, the user can gain countless amounts of information, such as weight, size, trajectory, and velocity. Not only that, but the mind is fast enough to calculate for such things, allowing for increased dodging rate, more accurate aim, or the ability to find potential escape routes, for example. The information is recorded perfectly, resulting in an eidetic memory.

Its ultimate usage is to accurately predict whatever occurs in the span of the next few seconds, giving Mika a clear advantage regardless of the opponent's strength. It's her most relied upon ability, which is primarily used for cheating in card games, among other things.
    [Effect 1: ESP Ability. Upon activation, Mika's hit/evasion rates increase sharply in regards to avoiding/dealing singular attacks. SP Cost: 50 per turn.]
    [Effect 2: ESP Ability. Passive. So long as the enemy is in plain sight, information can still be obtained about their skills regardless of any skills/supernatural abilities they may possess to hide their current status.]
    [Effect 4: ESP Ability. Passive. So long as the ability is active, Mika takes no additional damage from surprise attacks, and escape rate from battle is increased.]

Blog Entries
    Koga Ran
    Akasaka, Tokyo - Outside Toyokawa Inari Temple, Inside ???
    Night

The bound, faceless humanoid spirit does not attempt to evade your attack in any way. Your emotions continuing to rampage at the thought of failure, you move forward at inhuman speeds, the fires of your soul, literally burning, leaving a trail of purified white behind you, your mere presence in this state being enough to destroy the surface of the inner workings of this thing's spiritual body, a lone warrior damaging the insides of a colossus. You cry out in an attempt to focus your spirit as you throw the punch, attempting to attack the area where a heart should be in a human, trusting that, because it looked human, it's core as a spirit would naturally be in the exact same place.

Despite the obvious voice, as well as the rampaging spirit power, all signs that it's existence will be under attack soon, the spirit still does not move to defend itself, and-

??? (Heart) takes 96 damage.

For the second time that night, a vengeful spirit finds themselves impaled on your fist, the sheer impact behind the blow not only sending your arm through it's chest, but blowing out the back of it's body as if the inside of it's body had exploded. It was a brutal attack, and for a spirit like this, whose existences were already vague and shadow-like even in the best of conditions, it is a blow that should have scattered the remains of it's ego into the darkness it itself had formed, but...

This being in front of you holds it's own resolve.

To protect the wishes of a girl who had given her sense of self for this world.

"..."

Rather than vanishing, it's head merely moves up slightly, the featureless face moving to face your own, as if to stare at you with eyes that do not exist.

It's rather disconcerting, as if, despite all the power you had been radiating up to this point, only now, in this instant, had it even registered you as an obstacle in it's path. Around you, you can hear the disembodied voices of the other spirits fade to silence, and above, you can feel the mass of spirit power slowly fade out, and with it, the timer that had been hanging over the lives of the people in the temple disappears as well, but...

In it's place, you have the sudden feeling of countless eyes on your form, as if, along with the core, the others had also decided to turn all of their attention to the one that had invaded their body.

In an instant...

Silence shatters.

It's a roar that comes from all sides, many voices, young and old, male and female, some that don't even sound human, bombarding you with not only words, but countless killing intents, as every individual in here, as vague and shadow-like as they were individually, were now all collectively crying out for your blood in a place that was, without a shadow of a doubt, their own personal territory.

The center of a false Legion.

It's a scenario that overwhelms your natural senses, and if it wasn't for the fire surrounding your form, the shadows that even now were grasping at your ankles, would have probably dragged you down into the darkness alongside them.

Shaking them off, your fire weakening them to the point where it was trivial to deflect them from you before they can do any real damage, for a moment, it seems like this is simply going to turn into a battle of attrition; being assaulted from all sides by weak vengeful spirits, you are left with no time to attack the faceless heart, which is still watching you silently with non-existent eyes, the hole in it's chest still very much open from your previous assault.

However, no matter how many opponents actually existed, there had to be a limit to the number that could be thrown at you without the outer body collapsing...

So perhaps, if you just held out long enough, another opening to strike, to finish the spirit's core would present itself, but...

The minute this thought crosses your mind..

The 'wall' directly behind you, a part of the monster's outer shell, comes at you in the form of a hand, the forgotten fist of the colossus that could even reach you here, inside of this black battlefield. Despite your own prowess in defensive arts, it's an attack that catches you off guard, the equivalent of someone punching a hole into themselves in order to get at something they swallowed, but even then, you may have still been able to avoid it, but...

The small shadows, the weak wraiths, had made it their goal to pin you in this spot.

It was far too late to dodge.

Instinctively pushing your arms out to the sides in an attempt to stop the inevitable, there is small moment, a few brief instants, where the coming crushing is held off, your arms trembling from inhuman strain, and the hand of the colossus burning white as you desperately try to escape something that might not kill you, but will certainly hurt, but...

It only delays the pain, nothing more.

Koga Ran takes 150 HP Damage.
    ??? (Shell) takes 40 HP Damage.

Something inside of you breaks.

Your nerves afire with signals as your body informs you in no uncertain terms that at least a few of your ribs are broken, and your arms have been forcibly smashed to your sides, thankfully in a way that leaves them in mostly one piece, you let out a pained groan as your consciousness fades out for an instant in a burst of pain. It hurts, far more than the suicide strike of the former vengeful spirit, which your soul had been able to shield you from, this is a pure force attack meant purely to break your body, to leave you a crippled mess, someone that could no longer interfere with the path this being had chosen.

Of course, as a child of Kyuubi, breaking your body wasn't quite that easy.

You are only out for an instant, but when your vision returns...

You are back outside, hovering, just in front of it's face.

Once more, it's mouth opens, and light gathers.

While the target had changed, the intent was obvious.

It wanted you to die.

While you were something it could initially ignore, you had proven yourself to be the stubborn sort, a fool playing hero. Even having fallen unconscious for an instant, the fire that burned both in and out of Koga Ran had not gone out, a testament to a resolve that it had to achknowledge.

Naturally, you do not accept this end.

So long as you could still move, you would continue to fight, but-

Your struggles did not matter.

It had you.

Or at least, it would have, but...

"Hah-!"

A familiar voice, a burning war cry, and...

A blur, something you vaguely recognize as a person slams full force into the side of the being's head.

??? (Shell) takes 120 HP Damage.
    Miyu takes 50 HP Damage. (Backlash)

It's head jerks.

Before a force of that magnitude, colossus or not, the head of a giant snaps towards the side, and the light in it's mouth begins to fade...

And in that instant..!

"Tachibana-san!"

The now off balance and plummeting Miyu calls out for the last of the party.

Another blur, this one silver, descends not at the beast's head, but...

At the arm that was holding you.

"..."

Silently, and somewhat coldly, the girl's leg arcs down in an axe kick at the thick arm holding you aloft, and...

Just like a knife going through butter....

Kimiko's leg, despite lacking the sheer force Miyu had shown, does not move the arm as if with an impact, but instead, completely severs it with absolutely no resistance.

??? (Shell) takes 50 HP Damage.
    ??? (Shell)'s right arm has been severed.

And thus freed, you along with a now off balance silver-head, come crashing down onto the concrete street below.

"...Your recklessness reminds me of someone. A fool."

Pulling herself to her feet, the silver haired girl's expression is blank, the only sign of emotion being a light narrowing of her eyes, and even that disappears as she turns her back to you.

"A-Class Spirit... Far too many monsters in this city."

Taking a step forward, adjusting her gloves as she starts towards the swiftly recovering colossus, the girl still does not turn back to look at you.

"Come on. It's threatening civilians. Time to crush it."

----

Kimiko
    (Lazy. Will fill out later.)

Miyu
    (Lazy. Will fill out later.)
    Last edited by Airen; September 23rd, 2014 at 08:34 PM.
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Watanabe Tomoya
    Outside 'For Pete's Sake'
    Night

Kenji makes a dismissive noise as he turns his back, "You guys sure like to do unnecessary things. If you're so intent on saving her, that means I can't jump in, none of my skills are made for the whole mercy thing."

I turn my attention away from him, his mind is set, truthful or not, he's not going to help us.

"Still, your bar, your call. But you'll understand soon enough... There are people in this world that just can't be saved."

I heard my knuckles creak as I clenched my fists, that was an assertion that I could not accept, the fact that no matter how hard you fought, failure was inevitable.

In the past, I might have agreed with that, my useless show of defiance in the face of the world-ending monstrosity in front of me showed that much.

But that was then, now, I'm stronger, and with these fists of mine, I'll break down any walls in my way!

Darkness spreads across the street, their source the faint silhouette of my hired hand, dozens of strands, like the branches of some primordial tree surround our enemy, ripping at her skin, grappling her limbs tightly.

But even this impressive show of force isn't enough to contain that impossible fury.

She's barely a person anymore, just a puppet on strings, howling like a beast. She shakes off the countless branches like raindrops, and immediately bull-rushes straight towards the source, appearing in the blink of an eye.

She's not even thinking anymore, just an animal's instinct to attack that which had harmed it, an enraged bear-like personage. In a flash, she is before the faint impression of my employee, readying the blow that will end his life.

Too easy.

The first blow slams into my palm, in some distant corner of my mind, it hurt. But that didn't matter, even as for a moment, the barest instant, there is a pause in her offensive.

Izuna materializes at her shoulder, "Hey there Kusumi, let's get this over with real quick, alright?"

And he casually knocks her leg out from under her, and I seize my opportunity, I slam into her, shouting.

We all dogpile onto the momentarily distracted foe, a senseless storm of limbs, but after several moments, I have her pinned, but the instant I reach towards that earring-!

Boom.

A shockwave of power, throwing all three of us away from her, sending us sprawling on the ruined street.

Ow.

All of us seem to get to our feet simultaneously, and I spot Kus- no, Tamamo, breathing heavily.

I feel a smile tug at my lips, that wasn't free, we were close, I could feel it.

She's off-balance for a moment, so now that she's had her turn, let's open up with our own offensive!

"Jacques, mess up her eyes, keep her off-balance, Maiya, with me."

If our enemy, Tamamo is a bear, then we'd just have to be the wolfpack bringing it down.

I push myself off the ground, sprinting towards the recovering enemy without a moments notice, not giving an instant.

I circle around to the left as I near her, if she'd turn on anyone, it'd have to be me first, I'd protect everyone.

[Defend prepped]

My face is solemn and my fist is steady.

[Destroyer Activated]

The darkened street, filled with the night's darkness is flooded by a flood of crimson Power, I feel the earth beneath the concrete giving way against the flow of my soul, but my path is set.

Though my heart was set and resolved, I didn't want to hurt her, just another victim. But to cease this puppet's violent offensive, I'd have to answer with one of my own.

If there was one thing I was absolutely certain of, it was the strength of my fists.

STR: 60 -> 120
    SP: 90 -> 50
    RP: 80 -> 60
    Last edited by Mormarth; September 23rd, 2014 at 08:53 PM.

Blog Entries
    Jacques Dussault
    Night

The storm of branches that I call forth tear at Kusumi, tangling themselves in her clothes and tearing at her skin. I had tried my best to only bind her, but she runs right through them with the savagery of a berserker. There is no grace, no humanity left in her eyes - all I see is the madness of spirits, of the Bane Stone. Even as long gashes appear in her body, she charges straight forward, right at me. It's terrifying, to see that red light healing her, blood covering her clothes as she comes right at me.

I hold my ground, staring at her defiantly as she pulls my power apart. Every wound she receives is healed by the power of the stone, and she presses on!

Shit.

She stands right in front of me again, pulling back her fist, a blow that reads Death, my death, approaching with speeds too fast to see.

Even as I stand, petrified, my boss reaches out and catches it like it was nothing. The shock reverberates through his frame, but he holds on tight as I spring to the side in preparation for our next move. She pulls back her fist for a second strike, but the shaggy-haired spearman is there, smiling pleasantly.

"Hey there Kusumi. Let's get this over with real quick, alright?"

With a simple, casual movement, he sweeps her feet out from under her. She staggers, losing her footing for the briefest instant.

This is when we strike.

All three of us, Tomoya, myself, and the teenage girl pile on her, trying our hardest to pin her down. Even with the three of us, trying to keep her still is nearly impossible. She thrashes around like a wounded beast, but each of us holds tight. Pushing as hard as I can on her legs, I manage to get them relatively steady as Tom reaches for the earring, but - !

The air beneath us crackles, and crimson light explodes outward. Each of us go flying, turning in the air with burns from the sheer power that Kusumi unleashed. I manage to land in a crouch, somehow, although it hurts to move, and get to my feet at the same speed as the girl across from me.

I glance over at Kusumi, her silver hair falling around her face, accompanied by heavy breathing. She's tired, and hurting.

Even if it's painful now, I think we can win this; she's close to being defeated. All we need is one more push, and my boss hops to the occasion.

"Jacques, mess up her eyes, keep her off-balance, Maiya, with me."

"Got it."

The burns from the explosion hurt, and the leg I landed on twinges a little, but that won't stop me. I reach out with one palm facing Kusumi, and concentrate on the darkness that begins to gather in it. It looks almost like ink, strands that seem liquid and indistinct dripping from the hazy orb in my hand. Without a moment's hesitation, I launch it towards the possessed girl, flinging it at supernatural speeds.

It spreads, dissipating almost as soon as it touches her form - that was the point. That distracts her from the real attack, that coils from under her feet. More tendrils of shadow spring from beneath her as the black haze still lingers in the air and move to bind themselves around her eyes as tightly as possible. It's all I can do for now, but if even the smallest bit helps - !

----

Status Screen
    Jacques Dussault
    HP: 150/420 SP: 160/400 RP: 100/100

-Major Perk: Intensive Training
    ??? [Basically what it sounds like]
    [Effect 2: Passive. Able to make full use of ESP abilities regardless of mental ailments or afflictions that would hinder it.]

-Minor Perk: Parkour-
    ??? [It's hardcore]
    [Effect 2: Passive. Additional damage taken because of surprise attacks is reduced; additionally, it becomes slightly harder for surprise attacks to actually occur.]

Psychic Power/ESP (Extra-Sensory Perception)

-Umbrakinesis [Shadow Manipulation]-
    To Jacques, shadows are like living things that can be commanded at a glance or touch. By manipulating his own shadow, he can do pretty much whatever he likes, up to and including making his own shadow solid. During the day, the amount of shadows cast nearby can hamper him, but at night - well, fighting Jacques at night is a group effort. [???]
    [Effect 1: ESP Ability. Passive. During the Day Phase, the damage caused by Jacques's ESP abilities is decreased by 20. However, during the night phase, the damage dealt by Jacques's ESP abilities is increased by 20.]
    [Effect 2: ESP Ability. Enables the use of miscellaneous attacks utilizing one's shadow as a weapon. These attacks deal x1.3 SPI damage, and upon being used against an opponent for the first time at night, always count as a surprise attack for the purposes of battle calculations. SP Cost: 30]
    [Effect 4: Create a 'shadow' object. (Weapon, random item, etc.) These items are 'hollow,' and carry no distinct properties other then their shape, however, they can be used to arm oneself or others. SP Cost: 20]

Last edited by Mooncake; June 22nd, 2015 at 12:47 AM.
    [12:37] <I3uster> if playing overwatch would save my mother from the deathbed
    [12:37] <I3uster> id probably flip a coin
    [12:38] <I3uster> to see if i play or not

[18:23] <frantic> spinach is like a caffeine zombie

[18:23] <frantic> in AX he would like
    [18:23] <frantic> drink 8 shots of espresso
    [18:23] <frantic> then he'd turn to me an hour later
    [18:23] <frantic> 'frantic', he'd say, his eyes wild and his lips smug
    [18:23] <frantic> 'i need coffee'

アカシャの蛇 The Serpent of Akasha RacingeR's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    King
    New Aoyoma, Aoyama Reien (Aoyama Cemetery)
    Night – Moon Phase: Half

The golden-haired man stared at the ‘girl’ in front of them, half a smirk on his face, looking for the entire world like he was relaxed, as if approached by an old friend on the street.

For him, things had become much simpler. The one who appeared to be the ‘culprit’ behind this incident had appeared… although apparently, not by themselves. If he had to take a guess, the girl there was just a vessel being used by whatever the fog was… how unsightly.

There was at first no answer to the words given by the ‘girl’… the smirk on King’s face merely grew bigger… and then, to the surprise of everyone, he swept Mary off her feet, holding her in his arms briefly, before putting her on the arms of the surprised Isamu.

“Protect her, and be ready to run when I tell you to or if it attacks.” With a tone that did not admit discussion, but was low enough it was only heard by the three of them, King relayed his orders, and then turned towards their interlocutor…

And then, he unleashed his aura at full power.

It was an uncontainable blaze of golden light, a perfect storm of spiritual energy that surpassed imagination. Such was the power, that even the dark heavy fog of the god was almost pushed away by its sheer intensity. All the restraints that King had put on himself over the course of the years were lifted in a single instant, putting all of his power on display.

And this powerful aura that seemed as if it could overwhelm a mere human in a matter of instants was not caused by King making use of it, or by him trying to exert his power on it. It was, after all, caused by King merely existing. This was his natural presence, with none of the restraints put over them to avoid inconveniencing the normal humans that inhabited the city.

The eyes that looked at the ‘girl’ were shinning with concentrated gold, to the point they had completely disappeared from sight, replaced with two golden lights, that gave him the appearance of what he was: something that transcended the concept of humans, a monster, a King that stood over everything to lead his kind to salvation.

“Don’t you think,” he spoke calmly, smirk still on his lips, “that it is rude to not introduce oneself when standing before the King?”

“And…” the tone of his voice became less amused, and more ominous, giving a feeling that could only be described as ‘off’, “if you are going to show hostility towards someone under the King’s protection… at least have the dignity of doing it by yourself instead of hiding behind an human like a coward!”

There was neither crescendo nor rumbling, the aura merely beating silently in the night. An ominous silence had surrounded King, still not a threat, but something steadily rising close to it. His tone, after all, could still be described as conversational.

It seemed he would have to rescue this ‘girl’ as well. He couldn’t, in good conscience, leave one of his subjects under the hands of whatever the hell the fog was.

So troublesome.

quotes
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1984 View Post
    Besides, I don't see what's so terrible about looting anyway. It's only property, they're not actually harming anyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    when I say hero I don't mean hero in the spirit sense. I mean a morally grounded, good natured person who doesn't slaughter innocent people. No such person exists in the Nasuverse.
    [00:12] <~Katie> i can't defy my origin
    [00:12] <~Katie> of gay memes

[16:15] <~Katie> lesbians has always been my gimmick and i will exploit it to the fullest

[22:56] <@Sei> airen is pegging hero this time
    [22:56] <@Sei> for once airen isn't the uke
    [22:56] <@Kuroyuki> I thought Air was the Woman in the Relationship?
    [22:56] <@Airen> Yeah I kinda thought I was the girl too!

Blog Entries
    Mikagura Mika
    Outside the Occult Shop
    Late Night/Early Morning

It is in the nature of humans to rebel against tyranny. Opening your mind's eye to the truths of the present and future world in order to throw down a tyrant, you reject the terrifying, absolute power standing before you, and alongside the others, who seem to have reached a similar conclusion, you all attack as one without really thinking about it, your very nature as humans causing you to unconsciously stand together to overcome the dark will of the divine. No one runs, no one turns back, it's a unanimous decision to push forward, to end the nightmare that had swallowed this city right here, right now, a show of human resolve that, coming from everyone, also gives birth to courage in everyone.

Blue light, as well as an invisible force, crash into the immobile form of the Chained One, bullets and knives follow, targeting the thick fog rather than the body underneath it, and finally, her hand forced by the others, Sora darts forward at an impossible speed to meet the being head on, her blade arcing for the place where it's head should be, not only seeking to end things in a single blow, but also wanting to be the closest one to the Chained One in order to draw all of it's aggression to herself. As a spur of the moment coordinated attack, it is still powerful enough that, should the opponent have been a spirit it's existence would have been wiped out, crushed and scattered under the wills of so many powerful humans.

And facing this storm of force head on, the shadowed figure does absolutely nothing to stop the attack.

Erebus? takes 240 HP Damage.
    One-Bound-To-The-Underworld-by-Chains nulls all damage from the attack.

The storm of projectiles, as well as Sora's blade, tearing through the black miasma, it seems at first, that the attack is a success. For an instant that may as well have been an eternity for someone like you, you catch a glimpse of a pale white figure beneath the fog before it reconstitutes itself around the figure, and while your power confirms that it's thinner this time, a sign that the fog can be damaged, you are also able to confirm that the fog is still persistently covering it's form.

This all happens swiftly, in the span of a heartbeat.

And in this same heartbeat, you notice that Sora's attack, the attack of the strongest one of you, the attack that you had seen cut right through the fog as if it wasn't even in the way, had been stopped, the blade that had seemed impossible to stop, coming to a complete halt against the metal-like skin of the being that had not moved a single step since your group attack had started.

That skin was impossible to pierce through.

While you had only seen it for a second, it's properties had become known to you in that instant.

Simply put, no matter how many scenarios your mind goes through with your current knowledge, there is not a single one in which the God beneath the black fog suffers any sort of damage from any of your attacks.

"Is that all...?"

Asking a question in that deceptively warm voice, the killing intent you all feel intensifies, sharpens, becomes not just an intent, but a promise for the future of these next few moments.

Naturally, the blonde haired Kuzunoha had expected something like this, and her response to this revelation is immediate and without hesitation, her weight immediately shifting as she prepares to attack again with her blade, despite the look of recognition in her eyes making it clear that she knew it was pointless.

It's not an action that makes sense.

Repeating the same action over and over, hoping for a different result when the chance of one appearing was infinitely close to 0%, was literally a definition for insanity...

No... Watching it, you immediately understand that she's not hoping for something different in this moment...

She simply...

Intends to be the only target of the thing's attacks.

"...!"

Naturally, slipping past her in an impossible, almost ghost like way, it does not give her that satisfaction.

The first target is not the Kuzunoha, no... It would deal with the God Slayer in a moment...

The one it should bring despair to first... Was you.

The one who was watching with those eyes it did not like.

A heartbeat.

Naturally, you understood your designation as the target the instant it was decided. The being was humanoid, and with the way you and your allies were spread out, he could only head directly towards one of you at any given time, and it seemed that, the fog pulsing as the god moves, your number had been called as the first one to taste the pain of the divine.

Sora takes 20 HP Damage.
    Mika takes 20 HP Damage.
    Shiro takes 20 HP Damage.
    Norie takes 20 HP Damage.
    ??? takes 20 HP Damage.
    Vampire Counter + 1 (Everyone)

"..."

Breathing in the fog, which cuts into your lungs like a knife, you ignore the pain, and going through scenarios once more in your head, put your body into motion in order to avoid the impossible force behind those metal-like fists.

The first strike would be an uppercut.

Body moving back as the being approaches, the air itself rattles as the fist fires up at your head with enough force to send you rocketing into the sky.

However...

Glimpsing into the future, it's an easy enough attack to avoid, and while the air in front of you seems to shake as the dodged fist fires up at the heavens the being could no longer reach,it's not enough for a vacuum effect, and the instant you confirm your dodge as successful, you move back and away at a rapid pace, knowing that the being wouldn't stop just because it had missed once.

And, that much was true, but...

The only path that assured your evasion of the attack also put you, for the briefest of moments, relatively close to Shiro, and the instant you had proved yourself capable of dodging it's blows, it's mind had immediately moved to the boy, it's bloodlust, it's urge to destroy, something that needed to be fulfilled immediately.

The image of the future attack reaches your mind long before the actual attack is launched, a bright flash accompanied by the deranged laughter of a deity. It's a sphere of flame, something fast, only slightly faster than a bullet, but much larger, that closes the distance between itself and Shiro in the span of a heartbeat, scorching the ground a deep black as it passes.

Outside this red fog that distorted vision, the boy perhaps, would have been able to dodge it.

But under these conditions....

Shiro takes 170 HP Damage.

He is blown away with impossible force.

If he was a normal human, he would have died, been killed, not only once, but two or three times over.

But...

"Gah...Bastard..."

Rolling to a stop, the boy, covered in burn wounds, slowly but steadily pushes himself back to his feet, his breathing labored, but his spirit still burning, as Sora, absolutely brimming with anger, tackles the being from behind, the force not actually damaging the god, but strong enough that it actually moved a tad when she hit it, a fact that made it, in it's endless amusement, finally turn towards her as the next of it's victims.

----

Sora

-Geirin Kuzunoha the ???-
    [Use 3: Passive. Moderate chance of ignoring all supernatural defenses for the purposes of Damage Calculation. [...]]
    [Use 4: Passive. Can deal full damage to all enemies with a Demon or God trait, in spite of her "Human," trait. In addition, no extra damage is taken from demons because of her "Human," trait.]

One-Who-Is-Bound-By-Chains

Name: ????
    Class: ????
    Disposition: Violently Insane

Stats

Strength: A++ (70)
    Dexterity: C (30)
    Agility: B (40)
    Spirit: EX (100)

Perks

-Immortal-
    [Passive. Nullifies the damage/afflictions from all forms of attack, including Almighty attacks. Absolute.]

Spells

-Lost Flame-
    [Recreation of an ancient fire that doesn't seem to belong in this world. Deals SPIx2 Damage. Additional effects, if any, are unknown]

Last edited by Airen; September 25th, 2014 at 09:42 PM.
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Blog Entries
    Fushigi Sayara
    New Aoyama- Residential District
    Saya's House

"A violent brat till the end..."

The shimmering image of the fake Johanna mocking you one last time before your blade decimates it's existence, the stunned spirit can do nothing but accept your judgement with a rebellious smile, it's form showing no blood splatters now, and instead, simply scattering like smoke as you rapidly cut through it again and again with your sword. It takes more than one swing to finish it off, with the spirit showing a sort of tenacity that pissed you off even after six strikes, but having destabilized it's existence as completely as you did, it simply accepts it's loss at your hands, and smiling at you despite the fact that it's body had been cut to shreds, it's last act in this world, before it's impurities were devoured by Kagetsu, and the rest was banished to the sea of souls, is to raise a single hand...

And flick you off...

Classy.

Luck Check: Passed.
    Kagetsu.
    "Reflection" Trait Acquired.

"...Woah," a single piece of pocky held in her mouth, the girl, camera in hand, seems to have gotten over whatever little fit the ghost copy of herself had started to bring out of her, "Didn't hesitate at all... Not sure if I should feel bad about that... But then again, it was pretty clearly not me... Right?"

Her movements still as casual as ever, and with a lighthearted tone to match, the pocky slowly disappears into the girl's mouth after she falls silent, and from her expression, it's clear that she's pondering something that honestly isn't that big a deal to you...

===

Reflection

(PM it to you later. Lazy.)
    Last edited by Airen; September 25th, 2014 at 10:11 PM.
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Blog Entries
    King
    New Aoyama, Aoyama Reien (Aoyama Cemetery)
    Late Night/Early Morning
    Night – Moon Phase: Half

At first, the woman does not show any signs of response to your words, or to the golden aura that even now, was bringing forth a clear golden light to this heavy crimson world. It's a silence that is clearly purposeful, not the sort that appears because someone is stunned by the words of another, but one that appears when someone is thinking, pondering, working it over in their mind in order to reach the best possible response.

When she does speak however...

"Coward...?"

It is in the form of a question.

"Is that what you think?"

Turning, the girl finally faces you and your group for the first time, her eyes, a deep crimson, staring back into the golden eyes of King without a single ounce of intimidation, a small, knowing smile on her pale face.

"If you want to see me, just look around you, I was here before this girl was," voice low, the girl's eyes narrow for a moment, "You humans simply were not kind enough to grant me a form beyond that of mist. A thick fog of your failures, the rejected feelings and desires you all refuse to achknowledge... If I am a coward, then I am a coward born from a race of cowards. If you want to face me, just look at your reflection, you will find me there."

Smiling despite the harsh look in her eyes, the woman's face slowly goes back to a deep apathy.

"Still, I do not hate any of you for it. I am here to grant the desires that gave birth to me," pointing at herself at this, the fog around you all seems to shake, and then, like before, begins to flow in from behind you, making it seem like you were standing in some sort of moving tunnel of fog, like a cloud carried on the wind, which went around your light, past the girl and onto the area where the sky had lit up with those strange lights, as if going to gather in some distant area as well as here, a sign that, perhaps, this being was splitting it's power between two points, "If this girl didn't agree on some level with those desires, I would not be able to use her as a... What did you say, puppet?"

"You are not the first human to challenge darkness tonight... But humanity has no need for you false lights. Only pain and broken hopes come from believing in heroes."
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Blog Entries
    Saki Ryuumonbuchi and Suzume Oshino
    New Aoyama, Inside Occult Shop?
    Late Night/Early Morning

"Acquaintance?" shifting her weight slightly, so as to seemingly better balance the groaning boy that was still on her shoulder, the blonde young woman nods after a moment, "Well, he's more of a coworker, but yeah I guess you can say I know the guy. He's a government affiliated exorcist, Agent 47, Tooru Kanze." Pausing for a moment to think about what she had just said, the woman smiles in a slightly apologetic way as she realizes those words probably don't mean much to you, "You guys were looking to move up in the exorcist world, right? There's a government agency called the PDCH who recruit exorcists, and those who make a contract with them are called "Agents," to distinguish us from the freelancers. We monitor the spiritual state of affairs here in the capital. Spirit Activity, Bane Stone movement, Seal Upkeep, the works..."

Speaking clearly despite the fact this was an on the spot lecture, the woman hands over your the groaning form of your former attacker to Tooru as she continues, "There was a second organization that more or less did the same thing hanging around eight years ago, and with their help, we were able to guard more than just the Capital but... Most of their members were lost after that... Incident, eight years ago. So the most we can manage to protect is this city... And even that seems to be falling apart..."

Her smile fading as she says this, her mood drops slightly, a sense of painful nostalgia coming from her.

"So, if you actually wanna do the exorcist thing, this could be your future," looking the man over from top to bottom with one eye shut, the woman jokes despite the fact she isn't really in the mood for it, "Bright orange jumpsuits, government leash, and erratic work hours... Pay isn't bad though... And you get to see some interesting things and people sometimes, but it's definitely dangerous."

Pausing again, the woman closes her eyes for a moment, then...

"Anyway that's enough of a lecture, go get some rest, I know you two took quite a few hits... Especially Oshino."

Her eyes drifting to the bell around your neck as she said this, the woman looks like she wants to say something further to Suzume in particular, but after thinking about it for a moment, hesitantly decides not to elaborate, instead walking off with Tooru to another part of the room, where, after a brief discussion, the man clasped an odd looking bracelet onto the arm of the wounded boy, before they continue on to some distant computer, Liane looking back once to glance at Suzume again before turning all her attention to the computer.

Around you, it seemed that Megumi and Michio had each left to do their own thing, Megumi apparently having been given actual medical supplies from one of the agents, and working on what seemed to be wound treatment of civilians, silently working on bite wounds and what seemed to be gashes with calm, practiced hands, her body no longer shaking from the Wendigo's curse.

Now that she seemed to be operating at a state closer to 100%... It seemed that she might actually be a doctor after all...

Michio himself still seemed consumed by thoughts of the Bane Stone problem he had yet to solve, and having apparently gotten one of those orange jumpsuits from somewhere, had gone to sit at a table with another woman who seemed to be watching over everyone with a calm, pleasant air, radiating a sense of security that even the normal humans seemed able to feel to some extent.

No one seemed too keen on going anywhere...

And trying to leave might get you yelled at....

But at least this place was seemingly full of powerful people.

That made you feel secure, if nothing else.
    Last edited by Airen; September 27th, 2014 at 11:15 PM.
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Blog Entries
    Jacques Dussault & Watanabe Tomoya
    Night

Stubbornly ignoring the sheer power with which you had been repelled last time, all of you once again move to fulfill a common goal, the rescue of someone from a force that lay far beyond your comprehension. The stone that powered her movements, one of the nine fragments of the creature destined to bring this world to ruin, hold a darkness that will inevitably consume and corrupt everything that they touch, it is not a warm or gentle darkness, it is a fog of hate that blankets out everything else, spirit power of a source so deep and intense that it may as well be infinite in it's existence.

But for the both of you, that did not matter.

Binding her eyes with darkness, the heavily breathing woman seems to freeze in place for an instant, as if in confusion, and then, despite the fact that your shadows seemed stronger than usual, she, with a now silent fury, tears the shadows from her eyes and body with terrifyingly powerful movements, her response so quick in spite of her injuries that you realized that even in the best scenario, you had only bought the two approaching fighters a few seconds at best.

But for people like you, that was more than enough to close the distance.

Fist crackling with a violent crimson light, a crimson light that even now, seems to radiate both destruction and awe in a manner similar to that of the stones, you thrust your fist towards the woman without a single regret, knowing that, in order to save her, you could not afford to hold back in any way, even if she was hurt as a result. Your charge is not truly graceful in any way, with your body radiating a power similar to the girl's own aura, and moving with heavy but quick footsteps, you are absolutely sure that you will be the target of her next attack.

And you are, but...

Tomoya takes 68 HP Damage.
    Affliction: Bleeding. (Lose 15 HP a turn. Resolves itself in two turns.)

The attack that pierces through your chest is not a fist.

It's a shadow.

Solid, dark, and... Exactly like the ones used by Jacques.

But you were sure it came from Kusumi...

It hurts.

Like a blade, it had pierced directly through your body in spite of it's resilience, and for the second time that night, you feel like you've taken some serious damage, damage enough to make any normal person stop, to shake and at least achknowledge their wounds, but...

In spite of all that...

Tamamo takes 150 HP Damage.
    Stun Check: Fail

Your fist, blazing under the light of a crimson tinted half moon, does not stop.

And the silver haired woman, her aura buckling beneath your fist, is launched, back and away, out of both your reach, as well as Maiya's, crashing through the walls of a nearby building, and into the darkness of the night. It was a punch with strength far beyond the usual, and while you find yourself wondering where it had come from, as well as what your next move should be, your body jerks with pain from all the abuse in spite of your will, and for a second you are forced to kneel down in order to better steady yourself, catch your breath while you could...

While the aura around the girl seemed to be getting thinner, and there were definitely some wounds on her body that were no longer healing immediately, her spirit power still eclipsed your own by an unbelievable amount, and...

She seemed to be able to use Jacques's ESP...

Rising to your feet as Crimson light starts to once again shine in the rubble, you narrow your eyes as the woman blows apart the wreckage with what seems to be a single blow, and then, despite the fact her body is now covered in gashes, starts towards you again, this time, walking slowly but with purpose, her hand now balled into a glowing red fist.

A red fist that...

Seemed exactly like the one you had just thrown...
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Blog Entries
    Saki Ryuumonbuchi
    Late Night/Early Morning

‘Government affiliated exorcist … looking to move up in the exorcist world … government agency… agents.’

Every word was more irksome than the last.

It wasn’t that Liane was misunderstanding. Not entirely, at least. True, Suzume wanted to look into a serious career as an exorcist, and with that being the case everything here tonight could be seen as fortuitous for her. What she was in the middle of tonight could very well be her future if she continued with that direction in life, but that was her goal, and hers alone.

Saki was happy doing exorcist work as a ‘hobby,’ or as Suzume liked to call it to keep sounding at least semi-professional, ‘freelance exorcist work.’ Regulations, strict supervisors, departments, agencies. Every little hassle, every little shackle, that the government sponsored exorcists had to live with in their line of work was an unacceptable term. Saki couldn’t live in such a rigid environment. It would take a miracle for Saki to come to terms with that kind of life.

It was already one miracle that her circumstances allowed her so much freedom as it is. It was another miracle that she had been elevated to a higher existence by the Kyuubi years ago.

She wasn’t quite ready to ask for more miracles.

Saki looked over to the part of the room where her past enemy was now being kept. One of the agents had placed a strange bracelet around his arm. Handcuff, Saki corrected herself. It wouldn’t be strange for the agents to take proper measures with the boy. Not an hour ago he had attempted to kill two agents. Likely the odd cuff had some sort of unique property, perhaps to restrain or limit ESPer powers. An understandable precaution. There was no way of guaranteeing his lack of hostility, not immediately,

But Saki thought differently.

‘You are not the boy that came before... He seemed far more distraught.’

So said She-Who-Reigns-Sovereign-Over-The-Pitrs. The distraught boy from before… it was likely him. He had seen that blue dream, just as Saki did, and he had spoken to the one who resides within that endless blue.

What had he seen within? Was that umbral power, the malicious clump of dark feelings that had been embedded in his eye? Was it the work of She-Who-Reigns-Sovereign-Over-The-Pitrs? Had he in a moment of desperation bid for power, no matter the cost?

She wanted to know.

Without a word Saki separated herself from Suzume. She didn’t need to say what she was thinking. Suzume would feel the irritation, the curiosity, and the fascination that drove her.

In this brick building full of bothersome exorcists and undesirable normal civilians, on this night of parading vengeful spirits, perhaps there was a kindred spirit to be found.

As Saki approached the boy she made her presence known, arms crossed with a triumphant smirk, Saki took a strong, confident step forward, bringing her foot down with force to announce her arrival.

The victorious grin looked down at the defeated boy, for a lone moment glancing toward the cuff on his arm.

“How fares your eye, Ferryman to Nifhleim?”

Gläubig müssen die nicht sein, daran glauben müssen sie I3uster's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Suzume Oshino
    Late Night/Early Morning

Orange isn't a color I usually associate with authority or respect but these guys still managed to inspire it. Maybe it is because they have been our light at the end of the tunnel. But even if they are not our way out of here, they still make me feel at ease with their sheer presence.

"Bright orange jumpsuits, government leash, and erratic work hours... Pay isn't bad though... And you get to see some interesting things and people sometimes, but it's definitely dangerous."
    "Orange doesn't flatter me I'm afraid. But I'll be willing to make concessions if the pay is as good as you're implying." I smile at her.

Saki already seems to be following our newest friend, maybe she will be able to tell me the purpose of his jewelry later on. So if she is concentrating on new acquaintances it is my job to make sure our old ones do not wither.

As I walk over to Megumi I raise my voice. "Hey! You need a nurse?"
    [04:55] Lianru: i3uster is actuallly quite cute

Blog Entries
    Saki Ryuumonbuchi
    Late Night/Early Morning

"...Alas, I can no longer see the red light of the underworld," looking up at you, one hand clasped across the surface of his face in order to block the wound from your sight, the boy continues with his usual speech style, albeit, dragging his words in a tired way, "That blonde friend of yours was rather thorough in her cruelty, with this sort of bond clasped to me, it's become a rather difficult sort of wound for this body to fix."

His expression, as blank as it was, was difficult to read, but despite the fact that he wasn't actually chained to anything, the young man made no move to stand, or shift his body in any way other than covering his eye.

"Nevertheless. These are the rules that the winner decided for the loser, and I shall abide by them," his mouth twitching slightly at this, he narrows his eyes at you, "But what about you, Revenant Flame? What do you seek from one such as I? To gloat? To laugh?"

----

Suzume Oshino
    Late Night/Early Morning

"Hmm? Nurse?" looking up at you with focused eyes for but a moment, the older, azure haired woman seems to consider your question for a moment before forming an answer, her shoulders eventually rising and falling in the form of a shrug, "There aren't any particularly interesting injuries here. It seems some of the people here were chased and attacked by animated cadavers, but nothing on the level of the snow monster. Purely physical in nature, nothing I can't handle... Despite the limited resources."

Talking in that business like way she had possessed when you first met her, the woman takes her eyes from you, and moves them to the person sitting next to her, as she fishes a roll of bandages from a white case on the table. There are a variety of bottles present as well, various sorts of disinfectant from what you could tell, as well as an unused suture needle, and something that resembled a Bunsen burner... Probably what she was using for sterilization.

"Still, if you're interested in this sort of thing, I suppose you could assist me," still talking as she tightened the bandage around the arm of her current patient, the woman glances over at you again with a small, tired smile, "However... I can't lie about this, it is not the most interesting of tasks."
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai