Page 142 of 165 FirstFirst ... 4292132137140141142143144147152 ... LastLast
Results 2,821 to 2,840 of 3296

Thread: Ga Rei: Exodus Nine (IC)

Blog Entries
    Jacques Dussault
    Aoyama Ruins

"He was able to prove he knew of the future. His goals were to save humanity... As long as that was the end result, I suppose I would have found some satisfaction in it."

I lean back and listen. I'm saving my questions, after all.

This is important.

"I would have rather not harmed anyone, but to me... The greater sin would be for everyone to die because I did not act. Even if the act itself was reprehensible, if it was the only way, I felt I had to do it."

"I see."

"I would die as a result of it as well, but if that kept the world going... I felt it would be fine... now I'm not so sure... About anything, really. Was I right then? I cannot say... Nor can I say that I'm right now... I'm just..."

I watch her struggle.

I don't get off on it or anything, I just watch, and think.

"Trying to do the right thing."

"Why?"

I look at her plainly, and even in the approaching dark it's easy to see each other's faces.

"Let me rephrase. Why are you trying to do the right thing?"
    [12:37] <I3uster> if playing overwatch would save my mother from the deathbed
    [12:37] <I3uster> id probably flip a coin
    [12:38] <I3uster> to see if i play or not

[18:23] <frantic> spinach is like a caffeine zombie

[18:23] <frantic> in AX he would like
    [18:23] <frantic> drink 8 shots of espresso
    [18:23] <frantic> then he'd turn to me an hour later
    [18:23] <frantic> 'frantic', he'd say, his eyes wild and his lips smug
    [18:23] <frantic> 'i need coffee'

The Time-Governing Twelve Covenants Airen's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Jacques Dussault
    Aoyama Ruins

"Why?"

It's a question that seems to baffle her, as if the answer should be obvious from her previous actions.

"It is my family duty... No. It is an exorcist's duty."

Of course you are an ESPer rather than an exorcist; the ESPers had gained great power in a single incident rather than as the result of countless generations of tradition of how and why these sorts of powers should be used, so she eventually decides that perhaps it's not so obvious at all, and thus, while it does sound somewhat strange now that she's stating it aloud...

"We are humanity's shields. If there is a threat, it is my job to neutralize that threat... That was how I was raised, and that was how my mother and father were raised as well, we are guardians of the peace that exist within the shadows."

They fight -and eventually die- inside of the dark so that humanity can live inside of their illusory bubble in peace. No supernatural monsters for them to worry about, a simple enjoyable life that did not need to comprehend things beyond this world, yes...

"To follow the path of your ancestors is an honorable thing to do. Regardless of the cost to myself, my task is to ensure that others can live happily."

...Dead serious.

No hesitation in that distortion at all, or rather...

...She doesn't see it as a distortion.
    Exodus (Complete)

Even if the author is silenced, the performance is stilled and the actors leave the stage, the story will never truly end.

Regardless of the form it takes, as long as there are memories of it's existence, the story will continue on.

In a small ward in the heart of a once devastated town, life carries on as it always has...

Because of you.

Please, remember it warmly.

We'll continue to walk down this path for eternity.

Mugen No Sekai

"The Illusion Incomplete Memories Produce Are,

Fleeting, Disappearing into the Future,

Until the Ruins of Yesterday Overflow,

For That Which Falls Only to Rise is Simply a--"

Blog Entries
    Jacques Dussault
    Aoyama Ruins

"Why?"

She seems confused.

"It is my family duty... No. It is an exorcist's duty."

Uh-oh.

I think...

"We are humanity's shields. If there is a threat, it is my job to neutralize that threat... That was how I was raised, and that was how my mother and father were raised as well, we are guardians of the peace that exist within the shadows."

Yeah. I think I'm starting to get an idea of how she could be so easily convinced by someone like her 'lord'.

"To follow the path of your ancestors is an honorable thing to do. Regardless of the cost to myself, my task is to ensure that others can live happily."

"I see..."

I look at her - really look at her, past the bad memories she brings up.

Last question.

"Who are you, Gisela? Are you a hero, someone who does what's right, or are you a tool, someone wielded in pursuit of someone else's goal? You say you want to do the right thing, and then you say you're following the path your family's set out for you. How can you figure out what's right, if all you do is follow someone else's plan?"

I look right into her eyes.

"What do you want, Gisela? Who are you?"

Blog Entries
    Jacques Dussault
    Aoyama Ruins

"..."

Silence.

If this had been the Gisela you had first encountered, your words would have simply bounced off of her to no real affect; she had been someone iron-clad in her beliefs, the words of her opponents were simply traps meant to delay her, something that she could easily shrug off as them simply not understanding the burden she had been carrying for her whole life, but...

Bit by bit, that iron-wall had been chipped away at, the plan to 'save' the world had led to devastating consequences to it instead, she had been lost and confused for most of her life, plagued by visions of the world's end and an inability to do anything about it, and so when someone had appeared with an 'idea' of what to do, of course she had leaped at it without a second thought, because...

That was her duty, but...

Tool...?

...Had she leaped at that solution because she saw it as the only possible form of justice, or simply because she had been too weak to try and do something other than sacrifice others for the sake of winning a war with demon-kind? She had been convinced of the idea of an invincible wall appearing in the future, something she failed to overcome while remaining true to herself, but...

...It was just a mark of her weakness, an inability to decide for herself.

Sometimes people want to be controlled, it takes away the responsibility from you, if someone else controls you and you fail, then that failure is not your own. It is something that can be passed to your puppeteer, a way of shifting the impossible weight of the world from her shoulders...

To that of someone else without realizing it.

That was her form of 'cowardice' and something the darkness had preyed upon in it's own way.

She had always been concerned with saving everyone herself, that was her family duty, the only possibility for her, no her responsibility, but...

No person can hold up the world alone, attempting too had opened up the cracks in her heart that revealed weakness; she had had some time to ponder the words of her old partner, who had told her to 'live more for herself' but...

...She had never really thought about how to do that, no, from the moment she had resigned herself to the role of the necessary villain, she had simply planned to fight her way straight into the grave to save the world.

...So what did she want?

If that wasn't how she was going to approach things, if, in the end, she had been unable to follow through on her 'pragmatism' what is it that she wants? Saving the world is an obvious answer, but it's detached, impersonal, why did she want to save the world?

Other than duty... That was what he was asking...

For what reason did she want the world to remain...?

"I..."

A flash of a warm memory.

She had always been happiest not when she was fighting, but rather...

"I... Enjoyed hanging out with Mina. I didn't have many friends growing up."

Really...

She had only had one, and he too was an exorcist.

"When I was a kid I wanted to be a teacher... P.E or Languages... Mina looked up to me, kinda reminded me of it... It was just teaching her meditation techniques, but it felt good to be relied on and thanked for something concrete."

With the way exorcists worked... They were never acknowledged for what they had done for the world, doing so would violate one of their many duties, but...

'Thank you.'

Those words...

When people had talked to her as 'Gisela,' she...

"...I want to live just like anyone else."

...Had always felt a bit more alive.
    Exodus (Complete)

Even if the author is silenced, the performance is stilled and the actors leave the stage, the story will never truly end.

Regardless of the form it takes, as long as there are memories of it's existence, the story will continue on.

In a small ward in the heart of a once devastated town, life carries on as it always has...

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Blog Entries
    Jacques Dussault
    Aoyama Ruins

"I... enjoyed hanging out with Mina. I didn't have many friends growing up."

Somehow, I'm not surprised.

"When I was a kid I wanted to be a teacher... P.E or Languages... Mina looked up to me, kinda reminded me of it... it was just teaching her meditation techniques, but it felt good to be relied on and thanked for something concrete."

"...I want to live just like anyone else."

"Well, Gisela," My words float over my shoulder as I walk into the darkness. "It's never too late to start."

> > Hel > >
    Last edited by Mooncake; June 25th, 2018 at 08:06 PM.

Blog Entries
    Jacques Dussault
    Aoyama Ruins

Hel had wandered out of your body at some point.

It's rather alarming, all things considered, that she can just jump out of your physical form whenever she feels like it; but there's a certain sense of 'connection' between the two of you in spite of that fact, as if even if she had wandered off there was still some sort of invisible chain tying the two of you -or rather the both of your souls- together, and...

"Playing the role of therapist now, eh?"

...It also keeps you from being too surprised when she simply appears from the darkness at your side; if you hadn't known she was there it would have been rather alarming, a 'heavy' presence and red eyes peering out at you from the darkness, but the Death Goddess just chuckles when you regard her with little more than a raised eyebrow, a much more... calm reaction than the initial meeting...

One that had only happened half a day ago, but...

That -strangely enough- feels much, much longer than that.

"Are you feeling well yourself?"

Still, her regal voice is that of a queen asking after a knight rather than a demon inquiring about the state of it's summoner, and:

"You almost turned into a monster back there, which would have been a shame, considering you threw off the first attempt so easily."
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Blog Entries
    Jacques Dussault
    Aoyama Ruins

"Playing the role of therapist now, eh?"

I almost jumped out of my skin.

But the thing is, you can't show weakness in front of people like this, even if they're hot, eh? It makes you look like prey, and from interacting with her I figured that wasn't the way to her heart.

"I've been at a crossroads that big before. I figured I might as well give her some help."

"Are you feeling well yourself?"

Yeah.

I'd hoped we weren't getting into this.

"You almost turned into a monster back there, which would have been a shame, considering you threw off the first attempt so easily."

"I did. I broke that stone in my hand."

I remember the feeling even now - and it wasn't that long ago, but it feels like ages - of being locked in place, putting all my will towards inching closer and closer to the stone.

"And then-"

Shadow.

A world like a sea of ink.

"-I overreached."

Part of the city, destroyed by my hand.

"Like Icarus, you know? He flew too close to the sun, got burned up. But now..."

I flex my hand, and the shadows move with it.

"...I don't know. This isn't the time for indecision. I just need to be able to control it."

Blog Entries
    Jacques Dussault
    Aoyama Ruins

"I see."

The regal voice does not change.

While you have not managed to personally encounter many 'demons' up until this point, the sensation you get from those you have come across is that they're somehow able to pierce right through you with their gaze, or rather...

At least all of the Goddesses you had seen brought out this feeling of light exposure, of course, both of them were heavily associated with 'souls' in one form or another, so perhaps...

That was simply a thing for them? Regardless...

"Well, at times you must fall off the edge in order to find it."

This one does have a certain 'affinity' for humanity, even if not in the same way as someone like "Yami" did...

"A single failure is allowed so long as you learned something from it; but you are correct, this is not the time for indecision."

Crimson eyes close.

"Of course, there is not enough time for you to be trained properly either. You will have to rely on your own willpower, which should be sufficient. If necessary, I will shield your mind the next time around; if you go berserk against the next opponent it will be a fatal mistake... So I will remove that risk for you."

She states it plainly, and as your contracted demon something like that should perhaps be 'expected' but her tone of voice...

It's much like she's simply doing you a favor.

Yes...

The Queen vibe is really radiating off of her here...

Another 'blatant difference' between her and the blue-haired goddess.
    Last edited by Airen; July 12th, 2018 at 09:00 PM.
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Blog Entries
    Saki Ryuumonbuchi
    Aoyama Ruins
    Devil May Cry

“Devil May… Cry?”

Wandering without purpose had brought her to the front of this strange… shop, or at least Saki assumed it to be something along those lines. It was almost as if it had pulled her toward it, sensing her lack of direction and acting to give her one. An enigma equal to the sign hanging upon the front, capitalized much like a name, a name that felt strange to read aloud.

Peering through the open doors, Saki watched the one she assumed to be the owner of Devil May Cry, Mr. Redgrave, double checking his inventory. Or more likely, preparing for battle, given the nature of the ‘inventory’ surrounding him.

Each weapon held an aura of power, as to befit a Demon. Perhaps they were much like The Masterless, and at the least Saki had already ruled that to be the case. The true mystery… was just how this man had gathered so many Demons like this.

Taking a step inside, the wooden floor creaked beneath the girl’s feet as she entered the shop.

“Your sign appears to be out, Mister Redgrave.” Making herself known by calling out to the man, Saki began to stroll about the shop, eyes running along the walls, inspecting the various decorations and wounds the building had taken.

For a moment her attention fell onto a karaoke machine that had seemingly been karate chopped, and though she truly wished to know why someone would ever do such a thing, the high schooler restrained herself from asking. She had better questions for this strange man, after all.

“Quite the gathering you have here.” Tilting her head as her eyes locked onto a Demon in the form of an electric guitar, the girl’s attention slowly drifted over the various weapons. “You never fail to capture interest, do you?”

Blog Entries
    Makoto Fujioka
    Aoyama Ruins

...At some point, it knocks you out.

It doesn't do so for very long, and indeed, it was certainly possible that both your fatigue and deep thinking together had managed to snuff out your consciousness without you realizing it, but when you awaken this time, it's not out of a sense of perseverance that forces an impossibly broken body to move, but simply that...

The body is actually capable of functioning off something other than willpower now; while it must have been only a half-hour or so of sleep, the feeling of refreshment is closer to that of a complete eight or nine hours of sleep. In a way it's so refreshing as to come off as bizarre, your spirit power is maxed out again, the marks of the swords have faded away to nothing, and all of your senses feel... Sharper... Than usual...

The marvels of medical technology that hasn't been released for civilian use.

Claire isn't around to let you out, indeed, the tank just seems to empty itself and let you go with the lightest of beeps, a flashing green light and the sensation of warm air on your back pushing you back out into the ship.

Others are lined up for their turn; while the civilians are receiving more mundane treatments, it's only because those who will be physically going to fight against the enemy tomorrow are being given priority, for that reason everyone onboard the ship now cannot be called normal, and while you can recognize many of your classmates among them, chatting softly to each other as they wait their turn on metallic benches, the one who draws most of your attention is...

Tachibana Kimiko.

She is sitting sideways along one of the benches, pose rigid, and eyes...

Locked on the sleeping forms of Nakamura Akio and Nakamura Hitomi, dreaming away side-by-side inside of a machine of the same type as you had just emerged from...

---

Saki Ryuumonbuchi
    Aoyama Ruins
    Devil May Cry

"Of course not, being the life of the party is fine by me kid; and there's a hell of a party starting in the morning, so I'm getting the favors ready. Guitar is a memento from an ex, you can touch it if you want, she shouldn't bite."

While Redgrave doesn't turn around it's not because he hadn't sensed your approach, recognizing both presence and voice immediately, his own response is warm in it's amusement, and a lone hand is raised for a moment in greeting:

"Welcome to the shop. It's not the original, but I've been stuck here for awhile so I figured I'd open up a different world branch, you know? Expand my horizons, maybe give the nephew a place to look over... But, as you've noticed, the electricity is shot."

The raised hand twists slightly to the side:

"Course, normally the place would have been outright destroyed, so I guess I came out on top this time around."

Finally, he turns towards you, and-

"Even the pizza made it."

-Points to a pizza box sitting atop a drum-set on the other side of the room.

"Ordered it just before everything went to hell, gotta give this city credit, when they say they'll deliver, they deliver, monsters in the streets or not. You want a slice?"

A pause:

"They put olives on it."
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Blog Entries
    Mikagura Mika
    Aoyama Ruins

“An ambassador? That’s too big of a swindle for me to ever consider.” What kind of impression does she have of me? While the cause is nice and all, I’m simply not cut out for convincing a bunch of people about the value of demonkind… Too many idiots with their own shortsighted views I’d have to deal with. The very thought makes me… rather annoyed, to say the least. I don’t think I could handle something that requires me being in the spotlight.

“Though, I will take your other offer.” If anything, isn’t relying on a goddess a bit excessive? But if she offers, I can’t really refuse. Not when she wants to, not when she’ll need my help some time in the future, not when we’re friends.

What a weird idea, being friends.

“Oh, I almost forgot, but Liane wanted you for something. Said it was important, Time Devourer stopping business. I’ll catch you later.”

After all…

This is the final chance I have to see them.

>>Parents>>

Blog Entries
    Mikagura Mika
    Aoyama Ruins

Last Chance.

...It's not like you didn't know where they were; the moment the challenge had been issued, the father had moved to again craft something to confront it, just as he had for Beacon, and the mother had followed along after him in order to help. The mission was clear, to ensure the continued safety of their loved ones even after they inevitably fade away, and yes...

Their time is in fact limited.

Summoned forth by Nyarlathotep, the defeat of their 'summoner' should have marked their own end as well yet:

Defying all rules of magic, they had continued to persist on their own; it was possible they had simply gone from summon to a form of benevolent wraith, but even if that was the case...

That meant that the only thing binding them here was regrets of one form or another, and thus...

...You had gone out of your way to leave them for later. If there was a regret beyond that of the future they wanted for their friends, it would certainly be related to their daughter, a desired last meeting that is a generous miracle in and of itself, but also something that would, most likely:

...Send them on their way to the afterlife once more, once their newly imposed 'duty' here was done, and they had seen your growth with their own eyes.

There was a high probability they would simply fade away.

You coming to them of your own accord would be the flame that lights the match of their final end, and thus-

Last Chance.

-Your first steps onto the ship are heavy. They are both inside of here, working on a "weapon" to be used, or rather...

...Your father is putting the finishing touches on his contribution now, it's a program that a number of "spiritual smiths" and "alchemists" are working on together; they're spread throughout many of the rooms inside of the ship, most of them either frantically typing out code on terminals in front of them, while others work on more physical items but...

Your mother stands outside the relevant room; her form is semi-transparent, real enough that it seemed to possess actual substance, but giving off the impression of an image so fragile that the wind could blow it away.

She sees you, sees you before you can truly decide if now is the best time or not, and opening her arms slightly -aware of the awkwardness, but unable to do much about it- she...

"...You grew up to be so pretty."

...Decides to simply say what came to her mind first.
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Glorious Grammar Master Race Frantic Author's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Hitoshira Nagi
    Battleship SLEIPNIR

"...Heh."

A chuckle, but as we all know, aren't chuckles sort of... meaningless? Even if it is the only time I've ever heard Nakamura-san make any sort of emotional sounds.

"Yes, I suppose that is somewhat ironic."

Nakamura Auron's loyalty to Yagami Ryota was unbreakable. A link that withstood hundreds of resets, and that he shouted in rage when I attempted to overcome.

"However, it was not entirely for your sake. My family was in the line of fire, and Yagami... He was on the verge of becoming something different than even a Dark Messiah, he had to be stopped before that, before he lost himself, so in a sense I was continuing to protect him even then."

But...

"...When we were children he saved me once. In the grand scheme of things it was nothing major, just people going after the weak half-Japanese student with no friends and going too far... It was a small bit of heroism, but I intended to pay it back. That's why I helped him even after I realized we had lost our way, and that we had become the villains ourselves... It wasn't all about the world, in the end I was protecting my best friend."

That doesn't mean either of them are bad people.

It means that they're both inexplicably 'good natured'. That both of them were trying their best to do something hopeless, even impossible in a way - but even when there were evil actions in their souls, in their minds...

It was still for everyone's betterment.

Even when it was an attempt to destroy everything, there was still a chance that it could be rebuilt into something beautiful.

"But yes, I would prefer if the world remains intact myself, therefore, we have to win."

So yes... Nakamura-san is a good person.

"But thinking we will win just because we are who we are is dangerous thinking; I am going to go into tomorrow with every possible advantage available to me. I am aware of your similarity to Yagami, and that is why I will tell you once more... Sleep whenever it is possible. That is a rule of war."

It'll be hard tomorrow, but I can't bear to think that we'll lose.

"It would be a shame to get this far and lose because of fatigue."

"I'm not tired," I say, sounding like petulant child and wincing at my own voice. But it was true. I'd been sleeping for quite some time, and now I'm finally awake. "After all, I have to lead everyone somehow, don't I?" I wink at Nakamura-san, grinning as I say it, because I'm in no way a leader of anything, or anyone except for myself. There are people here who I need to see.

People here who I want to speak with.

Both Joanna Cross and her alter-ego are people I'm desperately searching for. I need... I need to apologize, and I need to thank them at the same time. It's twisted, it's definitely twisted, but that's the kind of person I am.

I lean against my axe, watching lines of code stream through the ether on Nakamura Auron's computer. "Aren't I already in the most advantageous position? I'm surrounded by people who truly care about me, for the first time. My soul is filled to the brim with souls that want nothing more then my victory, instead of wishing for a different vessel. I've held both all the world's evils and all the world's dreams. Saving the world isn't a part-time job, at least..."

It isn't anymore.

"In the weeks to come, I'll be this city's hero. Even if it seems impossible, unlikely, and utterly stupid -- I have to try my hardest to save as many people as I can. If all the world's evils are aligned against us, well, isn't it a good thing I have all the world's hopes and everyone's dreams aligned in my soul?"

Gathered Starlight.

A definite impossibility. Something that is meant to enhance an Esper, something that isn't actually able to be touched or held. The strongest of us... I don't think they can grasp at as much of it as I can; its about temperament, about willpower - and although they have the willpower, only I have the temperance to grasp at it.

I stretch my legs, looking at Nakamura Auron.

"Besides Nakamura-san," I grin impishly at him, sticking out my tongue, "Did you honestly think telling me to take a nap would actually work?"
    in the end we will make thoughtcrime impossible, for there shall be no words to express it

#THELEGENDNEVERDIES

[01:05.15] <@Spinach> I can flash gang signs faster than Sasuke can perform ninjutsu and I rap like Medea's High Speed Divine Words.

Blog Entries
    Hitoshira Nagi
    Battleship SLEIPNIR

"Not particularly."

Stoicism enhances the bluntness of the statement.

"Problematic children have a tendency to remain as such; statistically speaking you are not the type that listens to that sort of advice, nevertheless, it is the duty of an adult to at least try to give that advice. Whether or not you choose to listen is up to you, my conscience will be assuaged either way..."

...It's right on the line of a parental scolding; while he had mentioned having children in passing a few moments ago, it's taken you awhile to 'catch on' to the fact that the voice is like that of a classical stern father...

Still...

"The opponent that remains is one completely detached from humanity... I do not think the concept of 'evil' applies to such a being, so do not become drunk on dreams, they alone will not guarantee victory."

Nyarlathotep had been especially vulnerable to those 'hopes' but... The creeping feeling the doctor has...

...Is that they don't have a viable way to actually finish off the "Devourer" at all...

Not that it would ever show on his face.

"Regardless, since you are both currently here and stubbornly resisting, I suppose you could do me a favor."

He finally turns towards you, lab-coat floating gently on the breeze from the open shuttle door and-

"I'd like to see your axe for a moment."

-extends a hand to you.
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Blog Entries
    Saki Ryuumonbuchi
    Aoyama Ruins
    Devil May Cry

“Pizza…”

Not exactly a rare delicacy for the criminal princess. Nearly any cuisine was within her grasp, as Phenex, despite the revelation that it needed to consult cookbooks for its recipes and didn’t simply conjure gastronomic knowledge out of thin air, was more than capable of producing almost any dish. The problem there, however, was that Phenex held itself and its cooking to standards perhaps higher than necessary, though not entirely unwanted. If the butler/maid ever did deign to bake pizza, it was almost always Neapolitan, a far cry from the standard delivery pizza.

In fact, Saki had never had delivery pizza before, and she found herself opening the box with eyes nearly twinkling.

“Then, I shall indulge in your kind offer.”

Greedily snatching a slice from the cardboard delivery box, Saki took a single bite, and winced.

The bitter, stinging olive taste cut in and overwhelmed the cheese, sauce, and other toppings which she assumed were simply “everything” from the menu, giving a less than ideal first impression.

Putting the slice under her scrutinous gaze, crimson eyes locked onto every olive nestled into the melted cheese, and one by one the offending fruit burst into red, destroyed with utmost precision. The flame wrapped around each olive, eliminating them without ever touching the rest of the pizza. Indeed, the surgical removal of the bitter topping was so picture perfect that temperature of the rest of the pizza didn’t even rise.

Taking a second bite, the girl smiled.

A part of her wondered if there was a more perceptive side to this half-demon. The night had been long, and as low as her spirits were after the battles, the rush of the night had deprived her of a chance to eat, making it even worse. Sure enough, Phenex would likely approach her before daybreak with a meal. Expecting that, she hadn’t allowed herself to fret over the hunger, but this was a pleasant surprise from a man who seemed to consist entirely of surprises.

“These olives are quite… something. Would you like me to take care of the rest of them, Mister Redgrave?”

Making her offer, a tiny vortex of infernal flower petals began to swirl above the pizza, ready to descend and cleanse the decadent, greasy, yet surprisingly delicious pie of the apparently unwanted topping, given the man’s tone when pointing them out.

Saying so, Saki tilted her head.

“Is it not a bit too suffocating to be called ‘Mister Redgrave?’ My mother may be one for formality and proper procedure, but I cannot say I share the sentiment wholeheartedly. Is there a better way to address you, Mister Redgrave?”

Blog Entries
    Mikagura Mika
    Aoyama Ruins

I don’t quite know what I expected, so to see them so hard at work… I feel guilty for bothering them, actually. After all, despite my mother’s words, I’m not the child they had raised. The one back then was much more… docile, is to put it best. None of this cheating and swindling business. None of the need to rub it in about how much better I was.

So, while I’m glad that I’m able to see them, I’m also ashamed to be in front of them. Even now, I briefly consider making excuses and coming back later, but really, there is no later. They probably don’t have much time after this project is finished and if that isn’t the case they’d naturally hunt me down with a fervor only the departed can muster.

I can’t run away.

“You’ve missed a lot,” I quietly say, before turning to the matter at hand. They’re busy. If I can’t avoid them, then I should help. That’s a family bonding experience in a nutshell, I suppose. “Is there anything I can do to assist?”

Click the moon for extra scenes Verg Avesta's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Medrod Pendragon
    Aoyama Ruins

These two...

Sometimes Medrod felt like he had no way of keeping up with Kazuya and Yuka. Whatever problem seemed to worm its way into his heart or his mind, these two seemed to have an answer ready. They were not infallible, of course, but they truly had a greater grasp of what 'normalcy' was when compared to him. It really wasn't surprising. His upbringing had been one of blood, one of revenge, with no thoughts of normal life allowed to invade it. It was only recently, after that fateful day of infiltrating the underground fighting ring, that his days had began to change. All because of meeting them, all of them. Red might have been the start... but she was not alone in showing that there was another way of looking at the world.

And now here he was, struggling with stuff that most people naturally came to understand over the years. Only in his case, all these jumbled up emotions had been thrust into his lap at once.

--- Blaming himself.

That had always been the biggest weakness of Medrod Pendragon, and indeed, that of the One-Eyed Man. Hadn't even his roar for vengeance started with the idea that unless he found the culprit for the death of his parents, he was the one to blame? He had been running from that blame for good ten years, and now... now, after shaking it off, he defaulted into same sort of reaction whenever facing something that shook his world. Even if it was something as normal as having a crush. He immediately found a way to blame himself.

What he needed to learn now was to get over that sense of self-blame. Understand that it might not always be his fault, and even if it was, he could make amends; he could try again; he could fix it.

After all... wasn't that also normal?

"... Looks like I still have a lot of growing up to do," Medrod finally said, quietly scratching his head. "I'm awkward. I hate being awkward. So that makes me react awkwardly to being awkward... and it all just repeats. Endless cycle. Like an infinity loop. It was easier when I didn't care about what people thought of me, sure... and it makes me panic, makes me paranoid, when I now think about how people see my actions... In other words, I'm afraid. Afraid I'll mess up and make wrong choices. I don't want to screw up this second chance of mine."

Medrod gave a slightly sardonic chuckle, as if he was laughing at himself. And indeed, in a way he was. The way he ran from moment to moment, reaction to everything with explosive mood swings and hairpin-turns of emotions... it was ridiculous. For someone feeling emotions for the first time in ten years, he had hard time keeping them in check. Without understanding them, he had no way to control them. And worst of all, it affected those around him. Something he didn't have to worry about in the past. Other people. He would need to learn to think about the consequences of his actions, especially regarding others.

The red eye moved to stare at the blackened night sky.

"Got a lot of apologies to make," he continued. "Things I need to explain. I've been stumbling the best I can, but I guess making mistakes is inevitable. Still... the last thing I want is to leave regrets on the table if this ends up being our last night."

More than few faces flashed in his mind, and not all of them his friends. Yuka and Kazuya, of course. Dr. Matsuda, too. Noriko was one of them, and in case he found her... Medrod figured he'd have to apologize to Tsukiko, too. And while he doubted they were here, if they all survived this... Medrod wanted to also find those two from the fighting ring: the announcer and her bodyguard. It might have been but a short moment, but he had taken his confused emotions out on them too. So many mistakes to apologize for, so many promises to try to be better to be made. He didn't know if he still had the time, but he'd try his best tonight.

Indeed, speaking of apologies... Yamuna sure as hell deserved one, too. He had acted like an ass towards her, all because he couldn't understand something as simple as having a crush on one dragon.

But first and foremost.

"Sorry, guys," Medrod spoke up again, now looking at Yuka and Kazuya with a silent smile. "I know I'm a handful, and I guess I'll keep on being before I learn not to be awkward... but I want you two to know that I'm... I'm thankful for you being so patient with me. I might not know much about being a normal person, but, I know... I know..."

Bashfully, Medrod looked at the ground while scratching his head again.

"... I'm thankful for you two being there for me."
    Last edited by Verg Avesta; June 30th, 2018 at 08:22 PM.

Blog Entries
    Mikagura Mika
    Aoyama Ruins

"I know..."

She knew that she had missed a lot, and the guilt in her voice -as misplaced as it is- reveals innermost feelings that she does not bother to hide now that her time is limited; it was an outcome that was impossible for her to avoid with her own power and yet she maintains a stance of guilt about being unable to be there for her child in their later years, indeed...

The heart of a parent is destined to feel guilt about such things, but-

"And sure, your father was wondering when you would come along."

-This is a miracle that can't be completely stained by such things; they may be little more substantial than a dream in the end, but as dreams, there are things they wish to do before they 'wake back up,' or perhaps...

Before they return to sleep.

Your father is tall. It's a trait you've always associated with him in spite of the passing of time, a natural thought for a younger child to think about their parent, but it remains true even now. Tall and dignified, intelligent smile and thin dark glasses, his emotions are not quite so clear as that of your mother, his voice does not tremble when he speaks, and his rapidly moving hands seem to have embraced the 'situation' for what it is, as he seems to be completely immersed in his work at first, but-

"I heard you were able to defeat the Reaper... I'm glad that blade was able to help you."

Ultimately, the help they want from you seems to revolve around Beacon itself; or rather, that Beacon was a blade that had made contact with a 'manifestation' of the God of Time's Magic.

Four Factors.

That was the power that everyone on this ship was desperately trying to seek out; according to your father everything inside of this world was capable of being broken down into computer data for some reason, and magic was not exempt from this particular form of phenomena. Because of that, they were desperately trying to take whatever fragments of Chronos's power they had, and put them together into a program that would enable use of the "Factor of Time." With that Factor, they could put up a fight against the Devourer, and perhaps steal the other three away with another program dubbed "Skill Crack."

But like any program with missing files, if they didn't have enough fragments of the magic, it would not be able to function, but...

...And it seems Beacon had held onto some of those fragments; it was part of a back-up plan your father had employed, not something specifically meant to counter anything, but rather a fail-safe that existed for the sake of it. It alone wasn't enough to replicate that magic, but...

Combined with the fragments others had gathered...

Soon enough a "program" is born, and you find yourself installing what was apparently a sort of computer into Beacon's hilt at your father's instructions; he would have done it all himself for you, but because his time is limited, he had decided it would be better if you could repair it yourself if it was damaged, after all...

He had no expectation of being around during the fight with the Devourer.

This world is not that kind... He is already running out of time.

But...

While he remains, he focuses merely on increasing your chances of survival as high as he can manage; he is not familiar with weapons he had not crafted himself, and as a result of that it is only possible for him to upgrade certain weapons into COMPs with maximized efficiency in program use, like Beacon, or the armaments used by Sora and Liane, but...

You are still the top priority in his eyes, and thus...

"There... I think that should work now."

...He will ensure it works for you before he worries about anyone else.

...Or before he worries about figuring out how to say good-bye again.

"Do you feel any different?"

And as for that...

You do feel...

Strange...

Spoiler:

-Beacon Upgrades-
    +Classification Changed from Spirit Armament to Spirit Terminal (COMP)
    + Beacon (Spirit) serves as the COMP A.I
    +Customized "Skill Crack" Program: Ability to analyze enemy 'data' by damaging them is increased due to the weapon smith's familiarity with the weapon in question, can work alongside other COMPs to recreate spells from 'fragments of data.
    +Can equip two Auto skills. Only two auto skills can be active at a time.

-Factor of Time (Auto Skill Ver.)-
    One of the four basic 'factors' that make up the universe. Not a natural version of this ability, which is normally possessed only by divinity, or humans who are chosen by the "Great Will," it is nevertheless able to function as a 'connection' to the root of the Sea of Amala (Universe). Grants passive benefits such as general resistance to other time-altering abilities, as well as making it possible to resist 'commands' made with 'Universal Law.' While humans cannot harness it's true power due to their nature as 'mortals,' they are capable of directly drawing on the connection in order to empower other abilities they possess with 'Time.' (Accelerating, decelerating, etc)

However, because the connection to the root is artificial, directly drawing on the factor in this way this has the effect of dealing true damage(can't be healed via magic) to the user. Time is the least damaging to user's in this regard due to humanity's exposure to time manipulation, while the others...

Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Makoto Fujioka
    Aoyama Ruins

Hwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa …wa?

Looking around as I find myself unexpectedly released from the to-small tank. I fell asleep? I feel fine? Strangie strangy, even Megane and Ane-san’s tricks had never been anything like that but, that’s good? Prodded away into crowds of people that are everywhere I go, people from school, the people from around here and others who must be from the city.

I wonder where Ane-san is…

left to go wander the corridors I lose myself in thoughts and ideas. This and that along with everything else, hopping from foot to foot, walking along to lines to avoid the imagined lava on the floor laps around the ship blur into each other until I find myself in a room I don’t remember coming to before.

?

Tilting my head as I notice something I that is strangely out of place, Kimichi? Akido and Hitomimi? Wondering exactly why they might need the tubes I wander over. Lacking an impulse to run and jump I simply quietly step and take a seat next to her.

Mmmm missing something though… Oh! Ohoho hug and pillow yea, yeah. Silently hugging Kimichi from behind as she stares at the pods I pull her backwards to leave her resting against me.

Blog Entries
    Saki Ryuumonbuchi
    Aoyama Ruins
    Devil May Cry

"Tony."

A wave of his hand accompanies the words.

"...Or well hell, I started using Dante again, so if you like that more go for it."

In the end, they were all 'his name.'

So the difference between all of it was negligible.

Still...

"As for the olives... Yeah, go for that too."

And so you do.

...It's a bizarre scene in many ways. A human and a half-demon eating pizza together in the center of a city that had been assaulted by a Giant Fox Monster mere hours beforehand, and yet it is the scene in which you find yourself; indeed, showing a much more favorable attitude towards the pizza now that it's been de-olived (why would he even order it like that if he didn't like it?) the man even goes so far as to disappear into the (kitchen?) and return with two strawberry sundaes in hand, as if they had simply been sitting in the fridge waiting for him to take them...

He offers you one, hand outstretched, and:

"So, wandering around on the big night, eh? Find your resolve? Excitement? A chance to save the world doesn't just come around every day, you know?"

Still seems as chill as ever, in spite of everything going on outside...
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai