Page 150 of 165 FirstFirst ... 50100140145148149150151152155160 ... LastLast
Results 2,981 to 3,000 of 3296

Thread: Ga Rei: Exodus Nine (IC)

The Time-Governing Twelve Covenants Airen's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Saki Ryuumonbuchi
    Outskirts

"...A dashing young man?"

It was the closest thing to heartbreak that you had ever seen cross the butler's face. In the line of duty it's efforts had always been at their maximum, it wasn't just that it was a perfectionist, it was that it enjoyed being a perfectionist that made it so suitable to the role, and yet-

"...Was it the boy? No... No he is not yet capable of such an offense... It must the other one..."

-The teasing words were a direct strike against it's nature nonetheless, a strike that has it's mind whirling into overdrive as it tries to figure out exactly who has gone out of their way to infringe upon his role...

It likely wouldn't make more than a mental note of the 'offense' once he figured out the offender, but still...

This is how duels at dawn get started-!

On the other hand, at odds with a butler's half-serious/half-joking methods of bringing an air of levity to the situation, the mother that had seemed somewhat lost amidst her own thoughts does take notice when you sit at her side.

"..."

For a moment nothing, then:

"Gift from the Cambion?"

The glance at the briefcase is met with an automatic acknowledgement of the type of thing it is, as well as-

"Have you been to any of the healers yet? Judging from your aura... I'd have to guess, no."

-A brief hint of her rougher motherly concern.
    Exodus (Complete)

Even if the author is silenced, the performance is stilled and the actors leave the stage, the story will never truly end.

Regardless of the form it takes, as long as there are memories of it's existence, the story will continue on.

In a small ward in the heart of a once devastated town, life carries on as it always has...

Because of you.

Please, remember it warmly.

We'll continue to walk down this path for eternity.

Mugen No Sekai

"The Illusion Incomplete Memories Produce Are,

Fleeting, Disappearing into the Future,

Until the Ruins of Yesterday Overflow,

For That Which Falls Only to Rise is Simply a--"

Blog Entries
    Mikagura Mika
    Aoyama Ruins

I nervously cough. Of course she’s telling the truth—Nami has never been a horrendously dishonest individual, but to do it solely to get a rise out of me, probably relishing in the flustered expression on my face right now, I hate it. I never did like her tendency to play with her food… but I suppose it’s something I will just have to learn how to live with. Proper relationships are built on compromise, or so I’ve heard.

“A walk sounds nice.” I let her take the lead because it seems our roles have seamlessly swapped, and because if there is someone truly in touch with their emotions most of all, it’s her. I gingerly take her hand, fingers intertwine, and though I’ve done it many times when we were young, before I moved, it never quite made my heart flutter just like this.

“Lead the way. I’ll walk with you no matter what.”

Blog Entries
    Saki Ryuumonbuchi
    Outskirts

All Phenex received in response to its wounded heart was a victorious smile. It was rare for it to take any damage, let alone to this extent, so she relished it. Not daring to grasp too high and have her small victory taken away, Saki merely smiled back as the Demon butler plotted a future murder.

"Gift from the Cambion?"

Then her mother spoke, and she turned to her.

Of course Kazuno Ryuumonbuchi would immediately recognize what her daughter was seated upon. Of course.

“Yes, Mister Redgrave gifted it to me after dinner.”

"Have you been to any of the healers yet? Judging from your aura... I'd have to guess, no."

“No. But now that I’m here, I would call recovering a part of resting with familiar company. Unless Phenex isn’t up to the task of treating me as well. In which case, there are others I could find to treat me.”

The sly smile snuck its way back in, now less prodding. Here was the butler’s mistress, Saki Ryuumonbuchi, offering the dutiful servant a chance at redemption. His duties had been snatched away once this night, would he suffer such a fate once more, or take action?

Blog Entries
    Saki Ryuumonbuchi
    Outskirts

"Don't be ridiculous, I am always prepared to do my duties."

The words are hardly out of your mouth before there is already a hand being extended in your direction, the palm of it out towards the center of your body. The demon's response is a somewhat obvious attempt at erasing his clear error from both history and memory, filled with a certain sort of eagerness that peaked past it's usual grace and stoicism but-

"I do not sense any lingering curses... This should be somewhat easier than your mother's. Always picking fights with things that curse her after she defeats them; although I suppose a God's pride would force them to do so... The pettiness of it all..."

-It is no less competent for those slightly more obvious than usual emotions.

It manifests as a mere flash of light; it is so intense that it requires you to shut your eyes or risk going momentarily blind, and yet in that same instant all the torn parts of your body seem to come together again under the muttered command of a demon, one spoken in another language entirely. It was a welcome sort of relief, while it had been moved to the back of your thoughts, the reality that your body hadn't really been healing itself since the battle with the Devourer was something that had been somewhat worrying, a sign that spirit power had been pushed and abused to the point where certain parts of the body had just over-stressed and 'snapped,' a likely result of latching onto power from foreign sources, and...

"Although there's not much I can do about the missing spirit power... That you will have to regenerate on your own; do not draw from outside sources for now, and be sure to get some sleep before the morning. If I must hex you into sleep, I am not above doing so for your own good."

...While you can feel that you're physically fine now, there's still a dull sense of fatigue hanging over your tired body.

So it's good advice, a part of it probably expects you to drop right now and sleep in accordance with it's newfound declaration, but-

"...I don't know how much is floating around camp already, but tomorrow's battle is a full-force assault using special equipment to gain an edge. SSS Class Assignment. It's the highest mission rating possible, higher than the incident eight years ago, and that one was automatically classified as a suicide mission."

-Your mother hasn't dismissed you, so it can't really push that route on you quite yet.

"Are you capable of handling that knowledge?"

Or rather, in other words...

This was her way of giving you the option to stay behind; it is not meant to be mocking, rather...

---It is the instinctual nature of a parent acting out.

This mother was certainly one that might kick you into the water in order to teach you how to swim, but following that metaphor, she believed entirely in your ability to swim and thus didn't see doing such things as a problem, but with this... Even for her own self...

There is a possibility of loss.

She doesn't think humanity will lose, but she is realistically gauging the fact that not everyone that goes to the battle tomorrow will be coming back from it.
    Exodus (Complete)

Even if the author is silenced, the performance is stilled and the actors leave the stage, the story will never truly end.

Regardless of the form it takes, as long as there are memories of it's existence, the story will continue on.

In a small ward in the heart of a once devastated town, life carries on as it always has...

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Blog Entries
    Saki Ryuumonbuchi
    Outskirts

Saki stretched out as the healing light flashed away her wounds. Torn ligaments and bruised bones begin to realign into their proper shapes, returning her to something closer to her original state. Even as tired as she was, the feeling of being ‘whole’ again was a powerful pick-me-up. Not only that, but, it took the stress of her vessel from her mind as well.

The cat-like stretch came to an abrupt, high-speed end. At the voice of her mother she shot back into a more proper posture. Back straight again, she listened.

“SSS… sadly, that sort of classification is meaningless to me. I already knew that this qualified for a suicide mission. I picked an impossible fight from the start. And to be clear, it was I, who picked this fight. There is no backing out at this juncture. Not for me.”

Perhaps even without her the Great Devourer would have emerged. Perhaps, this gathering would occur without such its arrival, to battle Chronos, likely with the intent of challenging the Outsider in the end as well. Regardless, what-ifs no longer mattered. She had played the role of the one that had cut loose its bonds.

Its emergence was by her hands. It only made sense for her to be there to face it.

“I also find it difficult to accept that Belial and I won’t make for valuable assets tomorrow. It’s my belief that my participation outweighs the risks.”

But even more than the sense of obligation, of duty.

Tomorrow’s agenda would be personal.

“So, I’m sorry, mother, but I’ll be fighting again tomorrow.”

Blog Entries
    Makoto Fujioka
    Tokyo Bay - Starlight

---Parts of the town had become flooded, not with the pitch-black mud, but rather by the once murky waters of a once shallow Tokyo Bay. The once murky waters glitter like stars amidst the destruction that had come along with that pitch-black mud and it's avatars, and with the sky itself more or less starless for some strange reason now, it becomes rather clear that the bay itself is the thing that is shining...

It's glowing.

A deep azure, just light enough to stand out amidst the dark. While these sorts of waters would ordinarily be dangerous to humans, there's something about it's presence that feels soothing, not like the rampant waters of a tidal wave, but rather...

An overflowing sea of life?

It is a strange feeling to get, that of water feeling like 'home,' and nevertheless... That is what it is.

---The search for a particular friend has drawn you out into this area; it's a path led mainly by instinct and imagined whispers on the wind, she isn't zipping around the campsite, and thus she must have gone off alone to think about the future...

Or something like that, perhaps...?

She was simply looking for something herself...?

Either way...

The path leads to an area that has been destroyed twice over now; an orphanage had once stood here, the predecessor to "Brighter Days," which had become the main orphanage shortly after the ward had recovered from the damage dealt by the original Kyuubi Incident, and-

You find her by a Sakura Tree.

She's sitting alone, on her knees, looking up at it with a silent but thoughtful gaze. It's a pseudo-island amidst all the flooding, something that stands tall on a hill even as everything else on this side of the ward seems to be slowly falling into the bay, and...

Strangely...

It's an alive tree.

You are almost certain it is supposed to be dead, and yet...

It is very much alive.

"...Look, Makoto."

Failing to turn around, the girl nevertheless calls out to you as you approach and...

"...Looks like at least one good thing has come out of... All of this..."

A strangely nostalgic voice, however...

To you...

Perhaps it simply seems more strange than anything else?
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Makoto Fujioka
    Aoyama Ruins

“Smithy, smithy…”

Mumbling to myself I mull over Kimichi’s agreement, something I would be good at but… Unable to fully deny or embrace it despite everything I’m only left with a sense of uncertainty. “I’ll talk with Ane-san and Megane then.”

Later though!

"Beaches aren't really my scene..."

...It would seem rather odd to see her at the beach in any capacity other than as a lifeguard; perhaps she was simply a bit too serious for it, but she rather liked her serious 'cool' self, and the beach wasn't the sort of place she would choose to go to if it was up to her, but-

"...But if everyone else winds up going, I might tag-along as a chaperone."

“Boooo silly Kimichi beach, beach is fun and it would be funner if you came!”

Refuting Kimichi’s denial I declare the obvious truth and a unsubtle unspoken desire to make sure that she comes along no matter what. Sand and swimsuits and SPLAAAAAAAAAAAASH ~!

“Don’t worry Ace Detective Makoto will even help pick out a swimsuit that makes everyone go BWAAAAAAAA!”

Grinning I watch her head off for her turn with a small wave. Mmm met everyone but…

Kyo …to.

The person I’d be slightly avoiding, the person I wasn’t sure what to say to. Can’t miss her but, uuu difficult.

Tokyo Bay – Starlight

Step.

Step.

Hopping from foothold to foothold I stare with a vacant gaze at strange water that twinkle with light. Splish but no splash, a shimmering haze reflects all around me. Strangie, the sounds of the world bleed away, strangie, the water call to me…

Step.

Step.

Kyo …to.

For a reason that eludes my understanding as my mine floats and drifts I find myself headed towards a place that where I know nothing exists.

--destroyed and burned until nothing remained; I have no memory. –Cursed and drowned until nothing remained; I can’t understand these memories--

Yet I find myself unable to stop, its not the comfort of the water or the hiss of static it’s… I. Can’t. Run. Away. Its strangie as if I can almost hear Kyoto. Clouds tumble like waves on a sea, colours run and blend until the world become indistinct, the whine of a broken-down projector become ever louder as I feel strange things crawl out of my bones and before I even realize it everything comes to a screeching halt.

[IT]

What is….

[IT’S STANDING THERE]

“Sa…”

I Don’t Know. I Don’t Know. I Don’t Know. I Know…

“Sakura…”

A tree where there should be none, petals where none can exist, life where death could only exist, it was a… SakurasakurasakurasakurasakuraSakuraSakuraSakuraSa kuraSAKURASAKURASAKURASAKURA “Sakura tree…”

The whine of a corroded projector flashing its burnt-out film reel, the melting of my self, the nostalgia for something that didn’t exist, the recollection of something that shouldn’t be there and yet…

Clutching my head with my hand static and distortion ring in my ears as my soul tries to recall something it should have lost. Trembling and twitching as impossible memories invade I wince in pain and reach out for something, anything and so I find her hand.

“Kyo …to. Or, maybe it was… ko.”

Mumbled words as tears flow unconsciously flow from ramshackle wounds.
    Last edited by Vritra; July 27th, 2018 at 09:34 PM.

Blog Entries
    Saki Ryuumonbuchi
    Outskirts

"I see."

In the end, that is the expected answer... After all, you were her daughter, and she had not raised you to run away from things. Still, there's a bittersweet pang that never shows on her face or voice, a pang that as a Kuzunoha she cannot and will not allow herself to show, but one that had caused her to give you the 'option' in the first place, while also silently wishing that you would take it.

It's a brief moment of weakness -or perhaps strength- that many others have felt tonight, but in reality...

---There is no point to leaving anyone behind; if the battle is lost, they are lost as well, in essence...

Thinking anyone will be saved just by leaving them behind is wishful thinking, she is able to recognize it as such, and simply nods in acceptance of your determination, before withdrawing what seemed to be a digital watch of some sort from her pocket...

Of course, it can't be /just/ a watch, as it's aura feels... Strange, and she seems to be wearing a similar one of her own... But...

"If that's your decision, then put this on and leave it on for the duration of the battle. Don't take it off, and don't let it be destroyed..."

A pause, then:

"I'm sure the Goddess mentioned it earlier, that we were attempting to replicate the Factor of Time... It was... Partially successful, technology can only go so far on it's own, but as long as you're wearing it, theoretically..."

Eyes close:

"...It shouldn't be able to repeat it's last tactic against us. Everyone will be equipped with something similar before the battle starts tomorrow."

Basic Model COMP

Device Type: Spiritual Computer/COMP
    Physical Form: Watch
    Skill Crack Program: Only applies when worn by the user. Attacks dealt by the user enable scanning of enemy data for the purposes of finding abilities it is capable of replicating; due to the nature of it's programming, this variant is designed to steal the "Factor" Abilities of the Great Devourer.
    Auto-skill Slots: 2

Auto Skills

-Factor of Time (Auto Skill Ver.)-
    One of the four basic 'factors' that make up the universe. Not a natural version of this ability, which is normally possessed only by divinity, or humans who are chosen by the "Great Will," it is nevertheless able to function as a 'connection' to the root of the Sea of Amala (Universe). Grants passive benefits such as general resistance to other time-altering abilities, as well as making it possible to resist 'commands' made with 'Universal Law.' While humans cannot harness it's true power due to their nature as 'mortals,' they are capable of directly drawing on the connection in order to empower other abilities they possess with 'Time' effects. (Accelerating, decelerating, etc)

However, because the connection to the root is artificial, directly drawing on the factor in this way has the effect of dealing true damage (can't be healed via magic) to the user. Time is the least damaging to user's in this regard due to humanity's continued exposure to time manipulation, although a handful of uses is still more than enough to cause one's soul to burn out completely, while the others...
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Blog Entries
    Interlude
    Adala Lagerkvist
    "Clock-tower I"

The Four Factors.

A set of abilities, or rather innate magics, that enabled one manipulate the four main aspects of the universe as one saw fit. They were rare powers that did not belong in the hands of humans, so rare in fact, that even amongst those few humans who were born with a connection to the universe, there had never been a single one capable of holding more than one at a time...

The mission of the Demon Summoners aboard the battleship S.L.E.I.P.N.I.R, as well as some of the surviving exorcists and ESPers of the SDCD, was to cross a technological limit and force artificial reproduction of those same powers. It was a mission that had been surprisingly successful, enabled by a number of miracles ranging from the appearance and cooperation of a certain God of Finite Time who had agreed to be studied for the purpose of creating a program capable of 'hacking' it's counterpart, as well as fragments of the spiritual power of the one man in this generation who had naturally held the "Factor of Time," within himself...

In short, they were not abilities that were easy to come by; and Adala Lagerkvist, leader of Germany's Rothschild Organization, and the woman who has quickly moved into the spot of "leader of humanity's defense forces" for this particular world-wide incident, had been full prepared to accept the knowledge that they would be going into battle with that "Almighty God" with only a single one of the factors on their side.

To hope for any more would be insanity, fate had already thrown enough miracles her way for her to feasibly hope for anything more to work with, and thus-

"Where did it come from? Operator, Trace the sender, simply considering it good will is impossible."

-The sudden transmission of data onto the ship's supercomputer, data that had identified itself as corresponding to that of the "Factor of Power," has left her in an unexpected position.

---Enough so that she can't help but be suspicious.

"A trace is already being attempted Admiral, however, first response indicates that the origin no longer exists. It is possible that the area was destroyed soon after the transmission; attempting dimensional shift... Dimensional probing has also proven to be ineffective."

"...Of course. Well then, send it down to the labs. Both Christou and Genesis, I want this scanned in it's entirety for errors or traps; it's authenticity needs to be identified within the hour, inform them of that, we can't afford to take defective weapons."

"Understood, commander."

This incident is far beyond what she has handled in her own lifetime, and yet her sense of casual ease is a refined one that betrays none of the uncertainty she feels in the pit of her stomach.

Her affairs normally do not extend beyond the bounds of Germany, and yet now that the SDCD has fallen due to what seemed to be internal sabotage, this series of events with Nyarlathotep has led to her being the highest ranking commander on the scene -even the church is still attempting to recover from the damage that had been by Nyarlathotep's worldwide flame- and that, in turn...

Has caused her area of protection to move from "Germany," to "Japan," and now "Planet Earth."

---Depending upon how one interpreted the Devourer, it was possible "Planet Earth" would extend to "Existence."

For any lesser human, it would be a crushing responsibility, and indeed, the weight of it on her shoulders has made it impossible for her to rest in any real capacity.

Not only is there a timer on the apocalypse, a number of demons have appeared all around the world, all of them with differing dispositions; some are being helpful, while others have started on the path of a rampage, and a number of her lieutenants have continued to request her aid in forming their responses... Priority has to be given to the other Summoner Organizations, if they can recover, then the amount of units that can be deployed should be sufficient to get the situation back under control...

It was the much easier task all things considered; and the incoming reports show the United Kingdom at least is heading in a more positive direction with the appearance of a certain forgotten organization; and with the Rose Cross's second in command stepping up to the plate, she should be able to focus completely on their newest and greatest opponent soon...

---It's a game of chess where the opponent can win simply by cheating, but is allowing them to set up their side as they pleased because it believes it cam knock down whatever powers manifested against it in a heartbeat, it is a literal game of humans against a "God" that is close to omnipotent, and it is easily the most difficult challenge she has ever come up against, but-

"Ma'am! Global spatial distortions detected! Devourer's signature confirmed!"

"What? Reinforce the barriers, and give me visuals on the locations."

Over forty screens ignite at this remark, each showing not the area outside of the ship, but various cities all around the world; it is not a network she would ordinarily be allowed access too due to conditions with political relations, but circumstances and her charisma had enabled her to more or less force use of them out of the hands of foreign governments.

---When the world was at stake, she really didn't care about politics.

If she had to use the ship's computer to hack the network, she would have done that as well... This is not the time for that sort of nonsense.

What appears within the frames is a descending tower; while she had partially expected some sort of random divine assault, the reality is that it's simply a building descending from the heavens... It makes sense not to be an attack, the God had already declared the time of their demise, and clearly wasn't impatient about it, as determined by the fact that it was even allowing them time to mount an offense and defense, but-

---It's still a worrying sight, something that could almost be called passive aggressive in nature, but also a fulfillment of the God's promise to "let the world know."

It's a Clock Tower.

Not many Clock-Towers, merely a single one that just so happens to be in multiple places at once, a spacial nexus, and a use perhaps, of the "Factor of Space." It's a clock that is somewhat accurate to the current hour, showing the same 4 AM reading as the ship's many clocks, but in comparison to a full clock face...

That distant -massive- tower is only labeled up until 9 AM.

Everything after that is blank, and the message that comes with that nothingness is clear.

---That is the amount of time they have left until the end of the world; there is no need to mark any hours past that, as nothing will exist beyond that distant time, in other words...

"Five hours left huh... That's a twisted sense of humor..."

She smiles.

It's not funny, not at all, but to her it's sort of a relief because...

---She had thought she merely had until 6 o'clock.

This gave her much more time to work with...!

"Well, looks like even the enemy is getting ready. Once the second Factor is confirmed authentic, begin uploading them onto the spare COMPs. Reinforce the material as much as you can, if they break during the battle, whoever is wearing it might as well accept defeat."

Standing up, the woman makes her way past her operators, the sound of furiously tapping keyboards and retreating footsteps fading from her thoughts as she gazes at the distant tower not through a screen, but rather through a window with her own eyes...

"...Confident enough for taunts, huh? Hate to disappoint you... But we're not going quietly."

---Clouds have started to flow in, slowly overcoming the starless sky.

"You chose to devour people that don't go down so easily. One way or the other..."

"This finale isn't going to go as you planned."

Interlude Out

Last edited by Airen; August 2nd, 2018 at 06:39 PM.
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Blog Entries
    Saki Ryuumonbuchi
    Outskirts

“So this is…” Saki took the watch-like piece of equipment, latching it to the same wrist she had kept the locket’s chain bound with. The strap tightened over the metal of her teacher’s memento, and she covered it with her sleeve.

A sleeve that was tattered enough that the watch and locket beneath were still visible.

“Another layer of his planning, I’m sure. That man…”

She sighed, almost feeling as though she was being played. The sigh was closer to admitting defeat than one of annoyance. Anything that would help tomorrow would be gladly accepted, even if it felt like she was eternally being led forward by a hand that was no longer there.

“Understood. But that goes for you too. Including that warning.” The daughter looked up toward the mother. “We’re winning, and we’re not losing each other, so don’t let yours get destroyed either.”

Saki turned toward Phenex.

“That goes for the both of you.”

Blog Entries
    Saki Ryuumonbuchi
    Outskirts

"Of course milady. If I were to perish now your growth would be affected negatively, for that alone I must continue to survive."

No traces of fear or anxiety.

While you would have originally thought that such things were mere trademarks of the demonic psyche, interactions with the hare of Inaba had indicated this was not the case; demons had the same emotional spectrum as humans -at least for the most part- and while their 'view' of the world and morality seemed to be colored somewhat differently, they weren't that different from humans all things considered, so...

---Perhaps Phenex and Belial were simply a form of insane.

Looking into the future, finding an absolute opponent inside of it, and just moving on to face it as if it simply wasn't a big deal; it was admirable in a sense, the sheer aura of confidence that they could project when they needed to do so, and-

"I certainly have no intentions of being killed here either."

-Demon Summoners also seem to have that same sort of 'insanity.'

Now that the moment has passed, whatever traces of weakness she had held had seemed to simply vanish into the ether.

"None of my planned tactics require me to lose my life... And even if I do happen to bet it, I have every intention of making that bet back, so there is no reason to worry about me. If you are going to be present, then simply survive to the best of your ability."

---It's a somewhat rough response, but-

"...I won't be forced to do anything reckless if you refrain from doing such things yourself."

---The hint of emotion there, right at the end...

Is -combined with all the rest- more of a blatant paternal affection than you had ever seen her show over the course of a single meeting. It is but a single sentence, but it is a casual one that holds a meaning that's hard to grasp...

And is probably the last glimpse at her inner workings... That you're going to get for now.

---}i{---

- - - Updated - - -

Makoto Fujioka
    Lost Memories - Starlight

"...That's right, it was right here."

The gentle voice serves to both calm and agitate the flow of things you had thought you had forgotten; this tree was dead, it should not exist, and yet amidst the ruins of the black mud, it seems to have been revived by the shining waters of a far-too-familiar sea.

"I always wondered if you remembered or not... Was always a bit too afraid to just ask, you know? But I figured this had to be the answer..."

---When had she appeared next to you?

While she had been in the distance, the moment you reach out for her hand you seem to find it; it's warm and familiar, much like the strange water beneath your feet, an intense familiarity that does it's best to claw through static and burned away thoughts.

"We got hit pretty hard that day... You and I... Grabbed my hand just like this, and tried to lead me away... But the fire caught up with us."

---Was she reminiscing to herself, or simply trying to shake something out of you, either way...

---She doesn't let go of your hand.
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Blog Entries
    Saki Ryuumonbuchi
    Outskirts

It’s with little more than a smile that the daughter returns to her feet. Pandora slung over her shoulder like a bag she’d carry to class, the Ryuumonbuchi heiress left her family with only a promise to “get some sleep soon.”

Truthfully, she held no desire to do such a thing. These were the last moments of peace, together with everyone she has ever known, and all that she ever could know, before the end. Not the end of everything. Not the end of her or their lives. Those would be protected. At any cost. Even if the price is becoming something else, something different. Something not human or, perhaps, something even more human.

No, these moments are merely the last peaceful moments in ‘this world,’ before a new one is conceived.

Her ideal never left her sight. One that her Sensei had approved of. He called that future she wanted to create something correct, and that is enough for her. It’ll be seen through.

For now, peace, shared with the others.

Quote Originally Posted by The Final Rest
    Kimiko

Blog Entries
    Saki Ryuumonbuchi
    Outskirts

---Something had fallen out of the sky.

Spending some time with your closest family, before making promises to take care of yourself and not abuse your body -promises you have no intention of keeping just yet- the next thing that crosses your senses is that something has fallen from the sky.

---It does so quietly, silently.

A clock-tower that should not exist, made of pitch-black stone with a golden-plated clock face, it is an aberration that simply seems to come into existence the moment you glance away from the city. Naturally, curiosity forces you to get closer and investigate; by the time you realize you've started heading towards it, your feet have already carried you away from the others and into the depths of an Aoyama that has become flooded with surprisingly shining waters, and amongst all of that...

"..."

Tachibana Kimiko stands -hands in the pockets of her jacket- staring up at it with the usual expression, the slightest of frowns marring her otherwise perfectly stoic face.

---The clock's faces -there are four of them- only read up until 9'o clock in the morning, or, in other terms...

"...Five hours left huh?"

-That.

She says it aloud-

"...Surprised you're spending it wandering around like this, Ryuumonbuchi."

-And refers to you without turning back at all, eyes an unnecessary part of her detection skills.
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Blog Entries
    Saki Ryuumonbuchi
    Outskirts

“And I’m not surprised one bit to find you spending yours out here, Tachibana.”

Answering the stoic girl’s ‘greeting,’ Saki came closer, attention still directed skyward to the boastful clock tower. Beneath her the water’s reflection cast a reversed image of the premonition of the end, ever swaying with the ripples of the water.

“Besides, isn’t whimsical wandering something people have come to expect from me?”

So asked the Ryuumonbuchi girl, always keen to see what the public image of her persona might be forming into.

“The one acting out of character here isn’t me. The number of times I’ve witnessed you open a conversation…”

Jokingly, Saki lifted her hand and began to uncurl her fingers, pretending to think deeply as she slowly stretched out her index and middle finger.

“I suppose even you can’t remain completely unperturbed in the face of the end.”

Blog Entries
    Saki Ryuumonbuchi
    Outskirts

"...Yeah, I suppose."

A light smile, as she herself acknowledges her own anti-social nature; it is entirely within her own character to be wandering around just outside the last boss's lair, after all, she was seen as the "quiet guardian" type, even she could acknowledge that, but you-

"But when it comes to you, as far as I understand the class logic at least, it's not that they expect whimsical wandering... It's more of a general wild card sort of thing?"

-In other words, they aren't quite sure what to expect from you... Which could be taken as both a compliment and an insult-!

"But I wouldn't say I'm particularly worried about myself... It's just my siblings are in the line of fire this time around, and I couldn't really sleep through those thoughts, so I decided I'd try and scout out ahead a bit... But as expected from a final boss's lair, there's no real way to get any closer than this... Although, that's probably also for the best."

She crosses her arms and closes her eyes.

"Knocking on the door early is also asking for early trouble... Gotta use all the time we have... Although just waiting around is kind of... Annoying in it's own right."
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Blog Entries
    Saki Ryuumonbuchi
    Outskirts

“Wild card, am I? Isn’t that just a convenient excuse for me to get away with acting however I please? Not that I’d complain… or that I ever needed an excuse.”

Saying so, Saki shrugged. It was quite odd, to have such a normal conversation with this girl who was known to never converse, here in this moment, at this place.

“I can’t say my reasons for coming out here are as noble. When the time comes, sleep will come easily for me. In my family the one most at risk tomorrow is most certainly myself.”

Of those who would enter the frontline to defend the world, existence itself, Saki herself would likely be one of the most at risk. Not only within her family, but among all who would be fighting. Perhaps that was why Sensei had left his locket with her, why Dante had gifted her Pandora, because she needed all the help she could get.

“Not that it concerns me. All I’m doing is trying to get the most out of these five hours. Using the time I have, like you said. Perhaps not wisely, but it’s being used. After all, I’ve already ‘knocked’ on that door, the wait doesn’t bother me.”

Saki glanced away, shoulders dropping a bit.

“Truthfully, I’d prefer to have more time. Enough that I could afford to waste some.“

The rest had yet to truly confront it. That thing which deserved that moniker, ‘last boss.’

“A lot more.”

Blog Entries
    Saki Ryuumonbuchi
    Outskirts

"...That would be nice."

To have more time.

It is a concept that humans take for granted, the idea that tomorrow will always come no matter what; it's a concept that always crushes them right before the end, when they realize that tomorrow was never quite as guaranteed as it first appeared to be, and thus...

It's a feeling that is easy for humans to understand.

"...It feels kinda overwhelming. Just a few days ago all everyone was worried about was some rogue ESPers, and now... The enemy is some sort of God, one that took us all out with a snap of it's fingers... And this time we gotta win."

---Perhaps because she had been there too... It was easiest for her to understand what you meant, of course, she was not the type that was used to comforting others outside of a specific two, and because of that she does not have any particularly precise words to banish unease, but-

"But there will be time afterwards. Time not to plan, but to reminisce. It's probably not a helpful thought, hell it's definitely the unpopular one, but..."

A pause, then:

"...It feels like the world has run away from this long enough... So I just wanna confront it already... That's the feeling I get."

Everyone in this world has been delaying for a long time.

Not just against this, but the darkness too.

"...But don't feel so burdened by all of this, it's apparently got a problem with all of us. It'll be a shared burden up until the end."
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Blog Entries
    Saki Ryuumonbuchi
    Outskirts

“It’s more than a burden we share. It’s a feeling we all have. The clock has been turned back time and time again, desperately trying to escape this. The memories from those cycles might not be with us anymore, but at the very least, those feelings still stir in each and every one of our souls.”

That might be the secret to their resolve. Perhaps everyone has had the time to gather up the will to fight back, once and for all. Perhaps Chronos was half-right. Humans were slow to find that resolve, and in its eyes they had arrived at the decision to fight too late for it to matter. But it wasn’t the one that got to determine when too late is.

“Now there’s no more choice to put it off.”

With one swing of the scythe, this battle had been set in stone. Its conclusion, however, will be for the victorious to decide.

For a moment Saki stood there, the words she had spoken seemingly being her way of putting her own concerns to rest. After a time, she turned to her classmate, her fellow ESPer.

“Tachibana, you know about it, don’t you? The Conception? Once the fighting is over, what sort of world do you want the next one to be?”

Blog Entries
    Saki Ryuumonbuchi
    Outskirts

"Me?"

The immediate answer that comes to mind is that of a world at peace, but such things are never quite as convenient as they seem at a glance, and thus-

"If I had to choose... It would be a world of freedom without needless oppression, a place where people are judged merely by what they choose to be, and where 'conflict' can one day come to an end all on it's own... The cycle of violence won't end unless all the sides try to understand each other, instead of insisting on revenge."

It won't stick if someone forces it on them; if it is to defy the eternal cycle of war, than she believes the world must be one where everyone has the freedom to choose, and to be judged by the choices they make, rather than whether or not they are necessarily human, yes...

Somewhere in between Law and Chaos.

That land where humans reside, and where they dream of things that will never come true completely.
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Blog Entries
    Saki Ryuumonbuchi
    Outskirts

“I wouldn’t have many complaints in a world like that.”

Saki wouldn’t bother promising trying to make that world. It would be up to those who make the choice to live in the next world that will bear the responsibility of bringing peace to their world. Peace cannot be forced, it must be realized. One pair of hands cannot craft it, only a multitude working together can even begin to glimpse it.

“Hearing such an answer, perhaps there are other candidates, other contenders who would make a world worth living in. One worth fighting for. Ah, not that this one isn’t.”

For all the mistakes written into the rules of this world, it was still home to both of them. Saki couldn’t call her wish to create a new world born out of the desire to shed the current one. Even she hadn’t fooled herself into thinking what comes next will be perfect. ESPer or not, she still held within her the human tendency to err.

It’s that human tendency that humans can keep in check. Perhaps that was why the Weather Reporter had arrived at her conclusion along with Chronos. Too few comrades stayed at her side, repetition after repetition reinforced her idea as right, and she never gave others the chance to show her vision was mistaken. That there could be another option.

That’s a mistake...

“…I won’t be making.”

The thought escapes the girl’s lips as a whisper. Realizing her slip of the tongue, and that the other girl had likely heard her mumbling to herself, the yakuza princess embarrassedly scratched the back of her head.

“Well, let’s see if we can make a world like that, shall we?” Trying to play off the moment, Saki offered the other girl a smile. “… Do you think winning the Conception is a ‘wild card’-type move?”