Results 3,221 to 3,240 of 3296

Thread: Ga Rei: Exodus Nine (IC)

Blog Entries

"...Fool. You will only kill yourself faster."

???
    ???
    Final Battle

He waits.

Amidst all shadows, amidst every night, in the darkness that stretches from one end of the world to the other, all the way to the edge of the bubble, to the boundary of the band, to the five pillars that still bear the name of the Monkey King, he sees.

Jacques Dussault, after an eternity of sinking, of falling, finally hits the bottom.

In the back of his head, he sees the titan, an avatar of pure darkness, striding amongst the stars to do battle with a god.

Before his eyes, he sees an ocean of corpses.

It isn't real, but somehow, he feels the truth of it. This world is no longer the darkness that he knows.

This is a darkness beyond that.

Dark, darker, yet darker still.

The Jacques of yesteryear would have been unable to continue.

Would have been unable to bear the darkness of the entire universe.

Jacques continues onwards, past each and every corpse, their wills drained of any hope of further victory or continuation.

Their wills...

Jacques reaches out a hand, watching them float gently away, allowing themselves to be pushed by another force.

Another will.

They stretch on without end, abandoned in the dark, beyond life, and as Jacques goes on, he sees the nails of one, long and untamed, and-

The wheels of his mind begin to turn.

Quote Originally Posted by ??? View Post
    Hel was not always a place of absolute death, there are stories that paint it in a more positive light, a land with a 'startling amount of life on the other side of death,' and it is perhaps, those hints of the dark being 'not as dark as it seemed' that...
    And then I'm myself again, and I begin to laugh. It echoes in the darkness, and I can't imagine, if they could truly hear it, the corpses here would understand it. I'd wager there hasn't been a laugh here since it first began to open, all those years upon years ago.

"Hey, Hel?"

I'm speaking to her because I'm not alone, because she's here, inside of my heart. I forgot, for a moment.

"Seems like the world's ending."

I gesture all around us, to the corpses buried from now to millions of years before.

"And it seems like we're in the perfect space for it."

I walk forward, more and more confident.

"You're the Queen of the Dead, right? Destined to march out with the army of the dead on a ship of nails? It looks like we're not wanting for either here."

I jump, and the shadows catch me, hovering above the endless ranks of the dead, and shadows flow from me, reaching out and passing by each corpse, feeling along their fingers as my mind expands and in the back of my head, my heart, I see a ship.

"Let's set sail. Show that fucker who's boss."
    [12:37] <I3uster> if playing overwatch would save my mother from the deathbed
    [12:37] <I3uster> id probably flip a coin
    [12:38] <I3uster> to see if i play or not

[18:23] <frantic> spinach is like a caffeine zombie

[18:23] <frantic> in AX he would like
    [18:23] <frantic> drink 8 shots of espresso
    [18:23] <frantic> then he'd turn to me an hour later
    [18:23] <frantic> 'frantic', he'd say, his eyes wild and his lips smug
    [18:23] <frantic> 'i need coffee'

The Time-Governing Twelve Covenants Airen's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Jacques Dussault
    Shadow Vortex (?)
    Final Battle

"..."

More than anything else, the thing that separated these souls from those of the warm sea you were familiar with, is a complete and total lack of will or determination; these are those that have become nothing and accepted that fate. Some of them are from other worlds, still others are the result of paradoxes, souls that no longer have a place to belong, and have simply become so much irrelevant data at the edges of the universe. They are those the Devourer has already defeated decisively, the husks that were left behind their spirits were broken, and their willpower fell to pieces.

It's a far more complete death, one that leaves them motionless and emotionless; they do not seek salvation or damnation, they have accepted their status as those that do not exist, and the future that awaits this place is an unchanging one, or perhaps one that will simply acquire more souls...

It is for that reason that they do not understand your actions. There is no point in bringing those who are 'nothing,' along with you, against that opponent, those that do not have 'will' are the equivalent of the number zero, empty and without purpose. While the corpses here range far beyond your ability to count, not a single one is capable of pulling themselves together at the mere sound of words in a soundless sea. Of course, this is probably what the Devourer's planned fate for your world is as well; it is not enough to simply kill it's opponents, because it's goal is to eradicate their 'influence,' it has to reduce them to a state where there is no chance of rebellion or thought, an eternal sleep from which they will not awaken because they do not 'wish' to awaken.

While it would simply be easier to just eradicate everything completely perhaps, it seems there's a lingering fondness or toleration of humans that causes it to 'leave something' of them behind, or perhaps it simply needed something of them to remain, but whatever it is...

It's left them in a state that exists to stop what it is you are trying to do here, and one that the Soul Sea itself can't help but want to save them from... They know how impossible this battle is, they know how weak and useless they are, and how doomed the world you hail from is; it's a battle that the God is destined to win, and your only fate is to return here as broken and battered as themselves in but a few moments, therefore-

"I see... So there was a place like this, truly a warped dimension."

While they do not care...

While they will go on that ship if they are forced to go...

"..."

As a human being, you can understand that strange silence that accompanies the darkness.

While they do not speak, you can hear them just fine.

We won't be able to help you. So you should just leave us. There's no point to it.

Simple and to the point.

They are effectively a zero. No matter how many gather, they cannot find it in themselves to believe in the future.

They do not wish to give false hope, and they do not mind lingering here for eternity; it is a statement that is just as directed as Hel as to you, but-

"Yes. Perhaps you'll be useless, but you are coming along anyway. And asking why? Shouldn't it be obvious?"

---That's right.

She is not like Yamuna, who charms the dead with her warmth, but the cold charisma of a queen of the dead is here all the same.

To save them even if they are useless, it is a pointless action from a logical point of view, but...

From a human one...

Leaving it in your hands, the Goddess goes silent.
    Last edited by Airen; December 3rd, 2018 at 08:24 PM.
    Exodus (Complete)

Even if the author is silenced, the performance is stilled and the actors leave the stage, the story will never truly end.

Regardless of the form it takes, as long as there are memories of it's existence, the story will continue on.

In a small ward in the heart of a once devastated town, life carries on as it always has...

Because of you.

Please, remember it warmly.

We'll continue to walk down this path for eternity.

Mugen No Sekai

"The Illusion Incomplete Memories Produce Are,

Fleeting, Disappearing into the Future,

Until the Ruins of Yesterday Overflow,

For That Which Falls Only to Rise is Simply a--"

Blog Entries
    Saki Ryuumonbuchi
    Space - Overlooking Earth
    Final Battle

Factor of Space.

In the face of the Devourer’s arrival, its new appearance, and its casual, effortless dismissal of her allies, casting them into darkness so far away as to be unreachable, Saki’s eyes fell down to the watch-like COMP on her wrist. As the Admiral said, it was there. It also explained how the Goddess had overcome the authority of the enemy to bring the young girl back to her side, along with the Admiral and the one-eyed swordsman, Medrod.

Saki brought her attention back up to the silver-haired enemy floating in space before her. Then her gaze coursed behind it, to the arsenal of light at its back. Needles of destruction prickling their way through wavering space, soon to fall infinitely upon them like rain.

Once again, the enemy’s sense of irony is on full display.

The wall of death lined in space behind it resembles starlight, the same rallying point that its rebellious foes have banded together around. Perhaps it is mockery. Perhaps a tool to strike despair into their hearts, that even the light in the depths of space stand against them, despite their belief.

But it isn’t there that Saki’s gaze stops.

Further beyond it, the furthest corners of this space are lined with true starlight. Their numbers are so great as to make counting them a truly meaningless effort.

Some of those stars shine brighter, further than others. Far, far away, a single giant reigns supreme among them all. It’s the kind of trivial knowledge that only a girl who had needlessly delved into astronomy for a hobby taken far too seriously would have. The exact location of one particular star. Larger than any other, its size so vast as to be near incomprehensible. To put it into words is a waste of effort. Measurements can be applied to it, its dimensions are understood, but no human has ever witnessed something so large from a distance where its size can truly be perceived.

A giant clump of plasma of peerless size, a celestial furnace of plasma releasing red light in the form of flame.

Her arm stretches forward, hand opening to reach out to that distant star. The COMP at her wrist switches in response to her desire, understanding the will of its wearer. She needs the Factor to reach that star, and the Power to wield its strength.

The Factor of Space reduces the 4,892 light years between her fingers and that star to 0. As an ESPer specialized in the control of fire, she is suited to tame an inferno, but not the stars. However, with the Factor of Power, even the destructive force lying untapped within the maelstrom of plasma held together by gravity is one that she can grasp.

The largest star in the sky, VY Canis Majoris, goes dark.

The gasses, the swirling flame encircling the hypergiant, cross space in an instant, pulled in by the influence of a universal absolute that she can only wield a fraction of, held together by raw Power itself.

In her hands, Saki holds what is truly a miniature star. The entirety of the distant celestial body condenses into a smaller form, a longsword of pure light with the heart of space, a star-fire rose making up its hilt.

Space itself trembles at the condensed star-blade. Its mere existence disrupts the gravity in the space surrounding them, the spiritual platform at Saki’s feet beginning to crumble under the weight of the weapon she wields.

The girl looks the blade over, inspecting it.

“Such a shape is unbecoming of me.”

With a flick of her wrist, the blade hovers across space, its blade pointing downward and its hilt offering itself to her ally, the swordsman with one eye.

“It seems the Factor of Time is no longer functioning in my COMP. Or rather, I no longer wish to continue relying on it. Consider this is a chance to earn forgiveness for before, Medrod.” At those words, the blade released a pulse of light, one that felt like a gust of air in the vacuum of space where no such wind could be found. “How about… destroy every one of those arrows of light before they reach me and run the Devourer through with that blade, and I’ll forget it ever happened.”

The girl glanced to the silhouette of a phantom beginning to form, that of her newest butler.

She didn’t even need to give him an order. After all, Phenex would roast him to a crisp and take away his rights in the kitchen if he didn’t do his job.

Gläubig müssen die nicht sein, daran glauben müssen sie I3uster's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Suzume AOGAMI
    Final Battle

She didn't know what she had expected. An all-powerful being would not have simply folded in the face of her parlor trick. But...it was too late for self-deprecating thoughts. There were no more uplifting pep talks to be had. This was the "final exam" so to speak. Her worth would either be proven, or she would be eradicated, along with the souls she called upon.

The strange entities did not even register to her ESP. It was as if they were made of rock, unfeeling and as such unable to be influenced. Her entire focus had been with the creation of her newfound "allies" so a quick peek was all she could spare. But it seemed these things operated on an almost mechanical principle...

And they were constantly expanding their numbers.

Why did she believe that she would take more ground with this approach? Did it not make clear that there was no escape? No chance of victory? Perhaps...so every move she made had been foolish in the first place. But as much as her actions lacked thought, they were imbued with something else...

Hope.

She had merely hoped that it would work. A prayer to the souls of all mankind.

And if a god refused to listen, a part-time devil had to pick up the slack.

"...This'll be our last meeting, so I thought I'd end it on a more positive note."
    "Well, no hard feelings. On both sides, I hope?" She smiled at the new arrival, aa living impossibility fished out of the stream of souls. As the images of her threatened to fade in the face of the assault, she had made her decision. It was time to push through, create enough of a clear path to overwhelm her in one fell swoop. The number of the enemy was potentially limitless, while Suzume could only create so many pseudo-ESPers. So the most important factor was time.

Just an instant. A tiny little moment where her new companions would be freed.

"The ones closest to her. Can you take out these...things? And well, I think I'm not the only one you need to apologize to, though I'm not sure how well this will work..."

A new overlay. Not a beseeching of the dead per se, but rather the vivid recall of a memory. An attempt to conjure more than a simple technique...

"Help me out here...Joanna..."

Assist Use
    Joanna: Imbue the others with "Saint's Fire."
    [04:55] Lianru: i3uster is actuallly quite cute

Blog Entries
    Suzume AOGAMI
    Final Battle

"Hard feelings? None at all, you always saw my worst sides... Call it selfishness, but I'd like to be remembered a bit more for my heroism than my many possession incidents."

A casual voice that shows no fear.

While Aya had always come across as somewhat dark and tormented, a woman that had been born with a cursed destiny and had ultimately succumbed to her tragic fate, the temporary form of her that appears now is even willing to smile in the face of an opponent that cannot be defeated by anyone. It may simply be the result of her no longer having to fight off outside influences, or because something she would consider a 'happy ending' for her loved ones has finally manifested on the horizon, but whatever the case...

Reborn as her truest self -even if only temporarily- the girl's figure is not unlike that of her surviving lover; it's a hero's silhouette, one that will stand up even when the highest powers demand that humans fall to their knees.

While asking her to approach that God would seem like a suicide mission to most, there is no hesitation present in her heart.

She is already dead, a simple spirit, but she would manifest her will one last time in order to clear the path towards tomorrow-!

"...Tsukino Aya. I see."

Of course, even a hero's will becomes hard pressed when paired against that of a God; while it had seemed content to simply match and exceed whatever actions you took against it up until now, the appearance of the Dark-Haired ESPer is one that gets an interesting -if impossible- reaction from the once motionless God, who remains so still in it's approach that it's more like the universe and everything inside of it had moved towards it rather than the other way around, yes...

It immediately strikes to kill, it's stolen body flickering into existence right before your eyes, so fast that no obvious transition exists within it.

"-!"

Disregarding both your troops as well as it's own, it is a casual strike on both 'hero' and 'king' that was designed to end the match in a heartbeat; while your instincts screech to life in that same instant, it is a brazen, ruthless attack that is simply designed to scatter the enemy leader in a single blow, and the prevailing factor for your escape over Aya's, is simply that she prioritizes your safety in this instance, as her own movement is less something meant to 'save herself' and more a backwards tackle to get you out of the line of fire.

As insane as it is, even being near the act of it throwing out it's fist is enough to blow away anyone even vaguely in front of it, as the world itself contorts and explodes with what seem to be shock waves; the most horrifying part is that the amount of spirit power inside of it is negligible, and yet it is a blow that would cleanly pierce an ESPer's body straight through, if not outright shatter everything they are in a single blow.

---While only her back can be seen, the sudden 'lurch' in that other girl's body, as well as her form shooting crashing back into a rock, all make it clear that she had just taken that shot straight on, a clear kill-blow that ends things in an anti-climax, or at least that is how it seems to have ended originally, but as it 'phases' it's way towards her destination again, intent on finishing her off now to prove the point of your powerlessness-!

"Don't get so carried away, I'm not dying that easily this time. You're gonna have to work for it."

The swinging arm is casually cut off from it's body.

The culprit is a series of strings the dark-haired girl had created as a barrier in the final moment, fashioned from the 'mud' of humanity's curse, that incarnate negativity had become her shield against the insane physical force of the highest God, a net of wires that had not only kept it's fist from truly reaching her body, but wrapping around the God's arm of their own accord, and severing it at the elbow a 'moment after' the first successful strike.

The easiest part of it was the timing, as the God was clearly faster than anyone else when it felt the need to be, she had simply ordered the mud to strike the moment it was touched; it might be able to outpace her reflexes in some regards, but that same difference in speed also meant that it was impossible for her to ever parry something too early-!

---If you didn't give all you had against this thing, you would just die right there anyway-!

That same knowledge has her bursting forth from the crater as a wave of black flame and mud, God or not, as it was clearly using that body to fight, the sudden loss of an arm is something that should inhibit even something of it's caliber, but-!

"...Hmph. Very well, I will put forth more effort for your sake."

A rain of thrusts is countered with only a single hand and a heart of clear water. While it's expression had shown surprise for a fraction of a second after having it's arm removed, it's an emotion that had never extended past that body; the spirit powering it has never once lost their sense of resolve, or rather, there is nothing that anyone can seemingly do to this thing that will actually 'perturb' it.

It acts with a perfect confidence that is almost like that a machine.

It has a task it needs to accomplish, and it is 100% confident in it's ability to see that task through without fail; in comparison to humans it's a perfect will, even the most egotistical of humans have at least a shred of doubt somewhere inside of themselves, and thus their 'beliefs' can be thought of as imperfect, add onto that their own inclinations for not getting along with each other, and the race as a whole is far, far weaker than what their 'infinite potential' would have one believe...

But this God lacks that problem, it's faith is clad in diamonds.

It comes across as both alien and robotic, but also... Driven in a way that is reminiscent of people, and even fighting in a way that a human could replicate in theory, it's strange but-!

With Aya unable to set the others free, the task to do so must fall to someone else-!

Thankfully, even though the enemies continue to multiply, the call for a friend is met with an interesting response; while your telepathic link with the other ESPers was giving you a 'rough idea' of how this particular power seemed to work, Joanna Cross does not appear to you as a phantom, no...

---Instead, her presence is that of a golden light that descends on the battlefield. Calling it a light is perhaps too simply, it is more like a familiar golden flame, the essence of her power as a 'Demon,' or rather, a different form of energy that her soul was able to take-!

For Jeanne Da Arc, that fire and herself are inseparable; it is an embodiment of her will, a flame that will only harm that which she believes must be harmed, and thus, in terms of a 'battlefield with soldiers'...

It is a fire that can easily carry one side to victory.

Defensive and Offensive power, a flame that will not harm allies, and will not allow enemies or their attacks to get through unopposed; while those that have been eaten should be beyond saving at this point, the descent of that flame is one that can reach them wherever they are, a fire of hope that burns brightest in the darkness. While she is technically the 'demon' of Liane Cross, this is a battle that will decide the fate of the world, and just as the world was entrusting itself to them, so too does she entrust her own powers to others, naturally-

"Oh?"

-They free themselves.

Golden swords carve open a path from assimilation, and the spreading black flames soon wind up in their hands as well... There is no danger to it, or rather, the world that has already faced that darkness a number of times now is no longer afraid to hold it in their hands; there is a point where the darkness becomes too thick to handle, but to let it get to that point at all was foolish...

Negative emotions were just as valuable as positive ones, each defined the other, and throwing away one made the other meaningless as well... To accept it right from the start, to face their darker sides without looking away or denying it, and channeling that power towards a brighter future, as long as they can hold onto that idea...

Then there was no reason they couldn't use this dark flame as well; it may only be a replica, or perhaps it is simply what that curse was like before becoming something overwhelmingly corrosive and toxic, but...

Holding both "Hope" and "Fury" in their hands, the artificial ESPers finally begin to turn the tables on their strange opponents, but-

"..."

Just as you had feared, there seems to be an 'infinite' supply of them, so many that for every one that is burned away, three more appear to take it's place; the sheer quantity is slowly making it more and more difficult to process the various battles visually, and-

"Weak."

Completely unphased by both 'flames' the God simply makes it's presence known by smashing Aya across space, reducing a number of nearby meteors to nothing as she is apparently stunned from the impact, and...

"..."

---Over a hundred swords appear from the darkness, spinning out as if from nowhere to target your form like homing missiles, each following a different arc and tearing through anything that gets in their way, as if forgoing the concept of weak points entirely by simply targeting every part of you that exists. Sixth sense filled with the Devourer's overbearing power, the spiritual signature of these swords is somewhat foreign by comparison, as if they had been made by something other than the Devourer itself, but-!

Behind those approaching blades...

It's gathering up power for something...

Aya: Aya: Manipulate the power of "the curse" to increase the destructive capability of others or perform direct attacks. Will follow orders because of how her body was created, and due to a tangible existence can be used alongside other summons. Due to being stunned, may arrive 'slower than usual' if her assistance is requested.
    Liane: Sync with Joan (!) Channel the flames through Magic Gunner at full power, and attempt to clear the battlefield of enemy units by targeting everything and everyone in sight, deflecting incoming attacks through brute force.
    Chronos: Freeze incoming projectiles in time.
    Last edited by Airen; September 29th, 2019 at 05:24 PM.
    Exodus (Complete)

Even if the author is silenced, the performance is stilled and the actors leave the stage, the story will never truly end.

Regardless of the form it takes, as long as there are memories of it's existence, the story will continue on.

In a small ward in the heart of a once devastated town, life carries on as it always has...

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Blog Entries
    Mikagura Mika
    Final Battle

Stalling was always the plan, but though my wishes desired Sora to come to my aid, to match the Devourer’s raw strength with something conceivably closer to that level, I didn’t expect the sheer strength that she would emanate. That she would decide to push her limits to the utmost, risking everything just so she could match our foe blow by blow. The price she would pay for a future.

The future I probably gave her hope for.

I feel guilty, helpless. So far I can only scrounge out the barest minimum of survival as Sora fights with everything she has, and yet she entrusts this sudden gap to me. That somehow, I’ll ensure that this strike will land true, even as we can both clearly sense that our opponent has the upper hand, the sheer magical energy the reflection of beings who threw away their humanity to protect what lives.

It’s a cynical sort of strength. A strength that Chiyoko also once strove for. It’s a bit fitting, then, that she would eventually become their host. But sadly, even knowing this does not help me with the current scenario. Though my words may have been able to reach Chiyoko and establish the barest of bonds, she is at the mercy of those who have steeled their hearts. Her will alone cannot overcome the collective that currently controls her body.

In short, I have to do something… but what?

The situation is currently unmanageable, factoring in everything I’ve done up until now. Neither Beacon nor Genbu have an output strong enough to match… As for me, it’s easy to call it quite underwhelming. Even if my spiritual reserves are top-notch, as one would expect from an esper, the very nature of my ESP meant that it hardly mattered. All I can do is pay upkeep costs—namely, the regeneration I seem to need on a much too frequent basis.

If there’s any consolation, however, I can basically take as much time as I want to think about the matter. Reevaluate things based on the information I’ve learned recently.

The matter is about output. I have the potential to stop the Devourer, at least for a fraction of time, but without the means to do so. Beacon in either form doesn’t have anything on that level, and Genbu’s repertoire, her spells—they’re simply not strong enough. Even if I were to also use our link and cast them as well, it’s simple to say that the “quality” of them isn’t enough…

Actually… perhaps I’ve been subconsciously limiting the scope the entire time?

In the case of casting those spells, I’m merely borrowing the information from Genbu. If everything in this world can be turned into data, we can surely treat spells the same way. And the sole benefit of my Eclipse Diver is complete knowledge. If the spells my demon knows aren’t enough, I need to merely dig through the mankind’s collective knowledge for the right one. And casting it shouldn’t be a problem. If nothing else… I’m unmatched in terms of sheer calculating ability.

The answer is simple.
    There have been many demon summoners for as long as humanity has lived.
    Some strong, some weak.
    And everything they knew is at your fingertips.

And so the answer comes. Can I do it? The numbers say yes. It’s risky, but Sora has placed her trust in me.

I’ll buy her the time that she needs, and then some.

“Megidolaon.”

--------------------

Sora: Once more!

Blog Entries
    Mikagura Mika
    Final Battle

It was always a self-imposed limitation.

If humanity and demon-kind had truly existed alongside each other from the point of their creation, if demon-summoners were truly something that had used to be common, then the ability of humanity to use the powers of their demonic counterparts is not something that you find particularly difficult to believe; yes, if your powers as an Eclipse User were something that allowed you to browse the sea of humanity's memories, then it is inevitable that the humans of the past would have wished to at least match their demonic counterparts in some regard...

The existence of these items, COMPs, a recreated artifact from a time long past, was proof enough of that inevitability.

---Memories give birth to light.

There are countless ways for a human to utilize ancient magic, from magic circles and rituals, to ritual chants or sheer long-term exposure to their contracted partners. Of course, amongst that data are various 'programs' that existed to speed up the process of such things, packets of data that simply require a COMP and spiritual power to actualize, and with your bond with Beacon being what it is, this proves to be the method that will the work the 'fastest' and consequently-

A detonation of 'power' appears in-between the fighters.

While the God had used this spell itself on the others earlier in the battle, your ability to do so proves that the spell is actually capable of being cast next to instantaneously; you don't take this as a sign that you are the better spell-caster, but rather, as a sign that no matter what it said, it was clearly going easy on you and the others for reasons you could not quite place down as specific...

Chiyoko's resistance is an obvious conclusion to draw, as is it's desire to break humanity completely so that their influence disappears entirely, but...

"Interesting..."

Instinctively putting up a barrier the moment an unexpected attack draws close to it's body, even the replicated power of the Almighty proves to be nothing too special for the Administrator; while allowing this body to be damaged is somewhat inconvenient for it, there exists no magic in this wold that can completely erase it's existence. Even if it is hit dead on, it will serve as more of a mere delay of their fate than anything else... No, to be frank, if the Factor of Power hadn't been present in the actions of the warriors up until now, then literally nothing in this world would be able to harm it while it is here... It is the creator of this Dream, a God of self-observation who will exist so long as it believes itself to exist, and persist so long as it does not give up-!

That is it's power as the strongest present Observer, one who can override the beliefs of others with it's own unwavering faith.

The Factors were able to circumvent this somewhat due to being it's own uncompromising power being turned against it, but as it is, it does not fear anything that anyone does; while Mikagura Mika's use of Almighty Magic goes far beyond what it's records indicated she was capable of doing, the God simply acknowledges it as amusing, taking the occurrence in stride as it prepares to counter Sora the moment the light fades... Yes, Megidolaon was not a spell hailed for it's accuracy or team friendly nature, it's power instead lies in it's existence as a burst of divine strength; just as it had stopped itself by instinct, so too would his opponent have to wait to strike at it effectively, yes...

Like everything else, it was merely a delay.

Gathering light in it's hand, it's next blow will be one that removes all opponents from this space in one strike-

"...!"

Through that explosion of light, a celestial turtle emerges of it's own accord; while it had always been strangely fond of it's human form, the Genbu that has returned to it's self as a lesser Deity is one that challenges a replicated light of the almighty without hesitation. While it's endurance is its strongest suit, to embrace a spell that had been enhanced by the Factor of Power is something that even a God could not take lightly while inside of this world, and thus it is a charge that is doomed to failure, one that has the God catch it with it's bare hands, before hurling it up and over it's head with the sort of ease one would use when swatting a fly.

---However.

That is fine.

==Hassou Tobi==

She had accomplished what she had set out to do.

It had not been an offensive charge, the Guardian of the Northern Sky had simply done what she had always done.

Absorb the damage for other people.

Emerging from beneath the shadow of the launched Demon, matching her appearance with it's inevitable ascent, the blow Sora unleashes is one that carries her entire being inside of it. The feeling that she shouldn't assume she will ever get another opening is so strong that she acknowledges it as the most likely truth, and the sword that is swung does so with an aura of spiritual power so thick that it's a burning aura of white flames-!

"No matter how powerful the strike, you cannot kill me."

A simple truth of the universe.

Blade of Japan's Guardian God or not, the God that has been caught off stop and forced to accept it's opponents strike does so without fear. If it puts up a highly condensed barrier of spiritual pressure, then even an attack it cannot block with it's body will be completely negated-!

When the light fades, and the phantom falls to it's knees from momentary exhaustion, the one that remains tall is the figure of the God in it's stolen body. In the end, the Demon Blade had failed it's wielder, it's unblemished form is proof enough that her skill and strength had ultimately amounted to nothing-

"Kill, no. But I can cut you."

Out of power, her form as a phantasm disappears from this space, and in it's wake...

-What?

Blood fills it's mouth, as eight strikes that it had thought it nullified instead gouge through it's body the instant after it questions her words.

It's true. That God-Granted Blade would not have availed her against this entity.

That is why she did not use it.

When it came time to put everything on the line and strike with her heart, to entrust her soul to a blade and hope it would strike true, there is only one blade that she would use. A sword made by one of her dearest friends, a blade that hadn't existed at the start, and had only been born within the heart of this forty-six billion year spiral, the first of a handful of weapons your father had crafted again and again in a cycle, for the purpose of defeating the 'being' he had seen in his nightmares.

---While this is not that Chronos, it is similar enough in nature that it can cut through it's defenses; even so, that alone should not be enough to damage it as it had, such a thing would only even out the scales for a moment rather than tip them in her favor, and indeed...

That's not all.

While they had disappeared from the land of the living, the feeling she gets is that their 'will' continues to exist within these blades-!

Entrusting her soul to that, a representation of their bond...

It's not surprising to see a 'miracle' occur, one that even a divine sword wouldn't be able to replicate-!

"---I see. Commendable teamwork, and a strong blow."

It's slow to recover from it.

Even so, it is far from a fatal series of wounds, and it is your knowledge of that truth that keeps you from approaching it immediately once it goes down...

"But what will you do now?"

Because the moment it had been struck...

This 'world' had started shaking violently, as if in protest to the damage that had been done to it's creator.

But your ESP declares it's nothing so romanticized as that, no...

This is an attack. Perhaps it's a mark of doing such clear damage to the God, but the force with which it strikes now is something incomparable to how it had been 'playing' with you all before, namely-

You lose sight of the earth and the stars, and the newfound blackness shakes as the 'world' around you starts to die. You had been aware of the probable pocket dimension like nature of these many battlefields, but this is a tactic that comes across -even to you- as a worst case scenario, namely...

This is a spell that will make this world self-destruct, burying everything inside of it regardless of their evasion or endurance. It is not immediate, your estimates indicate that there is a good thirty seconds before everything inside of here other than the Devourer disappears, falls into the void, but it's still a thought that flames the fans of despair.

---A no escape demise, a seemingly impossible situation that forces the opponent to admit their loss.

Amidst the crumbling of a dying world, the beep of your COMP as it's screen lights up is next to impossible to hear, but you notice it anyway.

Factor of Space online.
    Only two Factors can be active at once.

---With that, the possibility of escaping from your 'fragment' into the 'fragments' of one of the others through your own powers moves from a 0% to an 80%, but...

---

Nami: Gather power through the network. (Set-Up)
    Liane: Stand ground. Use Will's Cage to forge a separate "Space."
    Genbu: Follow Orders. Can be used alongside other summons.
    Last edited by Airen; September 22nd, 2019 at 07:55 PM.
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Makoto Fujioka
    Space - Overlooking View
    Final Battle

It was dizzying, the forced absence of spirit energy only to have it rush back in moments later. But, with the whole world in front of him lit in blue hues that promised death being dizzy, or even taking a moment to collect the thoughts scattered by damage and gulfs of time wasn’t something he could do.

Stand up, be strong, cut down your opponent. The incessant whispers and scared wishes that forever cycled in his mind grew in strength. Promises needed to be kept after all.

Gripping her hand he…

He…

I…

We?

Gripping the offered hand and hoisting himself up to wrap her in a hug he gazed out. A world dyed in blue, power that promised oblivion for the suffer sinners.

Just how would they…

Neither could or would back down but motivation and spirit had limits just like everything else and in the face of the ‘Absolute’…

Cut through, dodge, deflect, they all were unlikely so just…

Unless?

Tossing sword after sword only for them all to be scattered into motes of light as they were crushed.

It was something unlikely and perhaps best saved but would he be able to pull it off without it?

The winds of death howled as space warped before the azure wall of power and as if in response the motes of light gathered around him.

Nothing left to do but try?

Squeezing her hand in reassurance he simply lightly tossed her up into the air and switched her to a piggy back position.

Then he charged.

Sword brace as power flared to propel him forward ever faster. He exchanged no words with his makeshift passenger he simply trusted in their friendship to drag her along.

Cut down the wave, cut down the Administrator, willful desires and headstrong dreams screamed out as the blade was swung. It was the only way, there existed no future but the only that they could realize through forcing that person aside. Cut down the despair, cut down the certain, so what if the end was supposedly set in stone. Here and now they were all still alive and what else was there to do but face that life. So that’s why…

[FACTOR OF TIME]

He resisted with all his strength.

He could feel his body shift as his mind strained under power he, they were never meant to have.

But, so what?

Why would he let someone else go and decide what he could and couldn’t do? The maddened wish swirling inside him couldn’t let that happen, the dreams he floated through with the sheep wouldn’t let that happen.

So-

Megane!

-His mind called out as he pushed forward with all his strength as he split and shifted.

The fog spread instantly to smother the moment he collided with the wave of power. What ifs and self doubts, beguiling whispers that seeped into one’s mind and heart, the products of imperfect consciousness that led people astray.

It was a simple ploy. Disguise his actions, cloud that annoying persons all seeing eyes before disrupting and cutting through to capitalize on that chance. Yet even as he strained the truth that had been set in stone was refusing to budge.

“Not! Like! This!”

It couldn’t, it wouldn’t end like this! So he howled, he screamed out with all his might as mercurial light flared. More, more, more, more, more, MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORE! Harder and deeper he pushed as the cacophony within his soul screamed all the louder in response.

And then…

Floating in that sea of lights he wondered. The wish that had been inscribed wasn’t wrong but was this the best way? Lights shifted on unseen tides. Was there another way, was there a more impactful method? What if… Strings of lights extending beyond the horizon humming in tune. He, I, we? Whispers of grating metal floated all around as if competing, each trying to outdo the other.

Why were they here?

What did they want?

Maybe…

“Nyaaa ha ha ha, how funny.”

A slow laughter spilled out as his body began to twist, at first it was merely in response to the clash of forces but now, now he fully embraced it. Hopping before he was thrown off balance as he began to ride the ‘Absolute’ force. Eternal sword shifting to accommodate It was instantaneous, with the loss of resistance the cosmic wave of overwriting force surge forward once more and feet planted on the sword that refused to give taking advantage of it was a rather straight forward task. It was after all the basis for a technique he was perfectly familiar with, one he had fully embraced with his own twist. Take a force and synchronize with it before performing a perfect rebound to multiply that initial force and attain God Speed.

The shards that had come into contact with the Divine force whispered their knowledge of its composition, the swords spiraling out like roots into the formless sea of souls whispered their knowledge of the technique, the girl combined the speed they both worked to generate and with arms outstretched he caught the woman he loved and …that other annoying one.

The annoying thing had put so much effort into that demonstration of power so, well why not use it? There were plenty of ways to fight after all. There was strength in purity of will unstained by emotions but there was also strength in a will that roared out in emotions.

“JUST WATCH I’LL SHOW YOU THAT YOUR NOT RIGHT JUST LIKE I’LL SHOW YOU AND THAT CAT-FOX-THINGIE THAT AS LONG AS ONE PERSON REMAINS AND BELIEVE YOU CAN’T WIN.”

Through the lens of his ESP form was granted to the formless, through the lens of his Eclipse Diver unity was gifted to the disharmony. Eyes shining with determination he took each willful voice and began to embrace them. Everything has a place and he…

I’m going to build a mountain that reaches beyond the skies!

One by one voices the voices were sorted and gathered as I prepared. This wouldn’t be the end, in so many ways. The end of this fight, the end of our lives. No, everything was just beginning and that’s why carrying the wills and phantoms of those I know, stretching out my roots-of-swords to touch upon everything I aim for the furthest star beyond the horizon that it had stretched into infinity.

It liked to brag about how I couldn’t reach it but, I am not alone, I have Kyoto, I have everyone and most of all I have him!

Suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurf Pooooooooooooooooooooooower!

Starlight Assists:
    Kyoko: Act as Makoto's legs. Light-speed assault. (Persist)
    Megumi & Izanami: Bewildering Fog

Blog Entries
    Jacques Dussault
    Shadow Vortex (?)
    Final Battle

We won't be able to help you. So you should just leave us. There's no point to it.

"Yes. Perhaps you'll be useless, but you are coming along anyway. And asking why? Shouldn't it be obvious?"

"Why... yeah, Hel is right. Why shouldn't I take you with us? Do you think that you don't deserve to be saved? Is that it? Are you guys scared, and in despair, and just so forlorn and without hope that you don't think you deserve to be saved? Follow me. We're getting out of here. Just because you guys failed doesn't mean you can't try again. Just because you did not succeed doesn't mean that you're no longer allowed to fight, and that doesn't mean, even if you don't fight, that you're not allowed to come with us."

I flick open my lighter, sparking the end of my cigarette, and as I breath in I feel the eyes of every person here watching me.

No pressure.

I breathe out.

"You guys aren't useless. You've just given up. And that's the thing, it's like voting. Sure, one, or two of us, maybe we don't make that much of a difference. But three, or four, or a hundred, or a thousand, or a million, or however many of us there are right now, right here - we do make a difference."

A drag.

"But we're just convinced that we're powerless. Unable to change anything. And so we just wind up here, stuck, in a fucking cycle, in perpetuity, of uselessness. That's just... not right."

I breath in the smoke again, feeling it on my lungs that never change, never give up healing no matter how much I damage them. Maybe I'll quit, after this.

"So... 'Devourer'. Appropriately named. It devoured your homes, your livelihood, your friends, your willpower, and left you all down here. But that's the thing - 'cause the Devourer isn't alone, per se, cause it's fighting for itself, with itself, by itself. We're not alone either, and that's the problem that all of you made, when you were fighting. More importantly, that's the problem - the mistake - that you've all made right now, right here, because you're not alone. There's me,"

I gesture to the Queen of the Dead, standing by my side.

"There's Hel, but, more importantly, there's everyone here. Look around."

I snort.

"I know what you think's gonna happen, but... useless? Against this? Are you kidding me?"

I laugh, and the sound echoes in the dark - but it's not unpleasant to hear.

"Ain't nothing wrong with this. Put so many people here... it's not just a sea of corpses, it's a sea of souls. Yeah... I like the ring of that."

I point to the shadows that are moving around as we speak.

"Here's the thing... we're gonna build this fucking ship, and we're gonna march out of the dark, and we're gonna ram it right up that thing's ass. And... I know you all wanna give up. I know you all think you're useless. But you're not. You're not alone."

My eyes pan over them as my cigarette burns.

"Because we are human, we are free to choose our own destiny, and I will not allow some goddamn, wannabe dictator to trample over our future, our world, and the memories we've built together. If you think that sounds like a joke... then you're the real joke, because what the hell were you fighting for in the first place?"

I toss my cigarette to the side, on a roll now, the words pouring out of me from somewhere deep within my heart.

"Do you think this is a game? Don't make me laugh. No... no, it's no joke. It's no joke at all. Because we are not fighting just for our friends, for ourselves, for our bonds and memories, for our precious companions. We are fighting for this world, we're fighting for each other's worlds, and we are fighting for the future of every other world the Devourer is going to do this to... and that's that. We're going to march out, and get on this gigantic fucking ship, and we're gonna nail her - gonna nail it - with everything we've got. So let's go. Let's hoist the flag of revolution, and wave the colors high."

Let's do this.
    Last edited by Mooncake; December 14th, 2018 at 06:15 PM.

Blog Entries
    Jacques Dussault
    Shadow Vortex (?)
    Final Battle

"-because what the hell were you fighting for in the first place?"

It's a question that reverberates loudly throughout the darkness at the end of time. While some of the 'entities' here are capable of understanding who you are, to the majority of them you are but a single living voice, the sound of someone who has yet to embrace the inevitable fate that awaited at the end of this road. They do not live in denial, and they are well aware of the fact that the words you speak are simply the result of a naive attitude; they can observe the distant battle even from here, and not once has the God lied to it's opponents, those emissaries of the last standing world in this section of the Sea of Amala...

One way or another, they will return to their original forms.

That is a fate that cannot be changed, they had experienced such things themselves, and know it to be a truth that even humanity cannot deny. Even gathered together they had lost, the future of destruction was already written into the notes of history, and thus there is no future left to defend, nor a point in fighting, even so...

---That question burns once they hear it.

How could it not? While the words themselves are naive, and come from someone who simply didn't understand the cruelty of the reality he inhabited, it's a spark of something that can only be identified as rebellion, a single strong voice that calls out to others to match it.

One that tells them not to give up.

The world will end, there is nothing that can be done about it. This universe is doomed, under that God's absolute control, even if it begins to lose, there are a number of methods it could invoke to defeat any and all challengers in a heartbeat, even so...

Even so...

So what?

In response to their idea of fate, that question appears not just from the youth, but from the shadows.

So what?

Just because it is inevitable, that is a reason to give up? This world will fall to pieces certainly, that is something that will happen without a shadow of a doubt, and yet who cares?

That wasn't reason to stop fighting, if they could think, then they should continue to do so; to chase after something impossible, or simply to make their opponent hurt one last time before they fade away into true oblivion.

After all...

'Aren't humans stronger than that?'

It's a question that hails as a chorus from the shadows, and has no clear owner...

Or rather, because this is the Shadow Vortex, there is only one 'type' of being that could possibly exist here to ask that question, members of a race that has always existed in parallel to humanity. To each soul here the voice sounds different, and while many have forgotten, deep down inside, the resonance of hearing one's 'partner' call out to them, even if separated by an impossible span of time or reincarnations, is one that pushes that spark of rebellion from something that would fade quickly...

Into a low rumble, an azure fire that lights up the darkness.

What is left of them, and what could they possibly add to this battle? They do not know. This flame has only appeared because they have 'remembered' something important, an idea that reemerges in one of them, only to swiftly spread amongst the rest as those that 'do not exist' slowly shake themselves 'awake' for the first time since their own worlds had been turned to dust.

It won't change anything, even so...

Who cares?

To sit and do nothing, or rather, to go to their fate calmly rather than kicking and screaming...

That is not humanity's way.

Reminded of that not just by the words of a human, but by the laughing whispers of those who were not, those that had watched over them silently in their time in this void, this section of darkness seems to rumble, shaking violently as those it was meant to imprison slowly regain a semblance of their former spirit. They are the dead, even if your world wins its conflict, they are not those that would be able to enjoy that peace immediately, if anything, they would simply join with that other 'sea' and return to sleep, even so...

It is not just about them.

For the future of those who will continue on even after they fall... Even if they can't change anything, they have to smash their fists against that wall with as much power as they can muster.

---

A ship is forged from shadows.

It is ultimately possible only because Hel is a Goddess of Death, a recreation of her legend that collective observation is able to identify as real; but it is a massive vessel, something dark as night, a ship destined to head from the world's edge out to it's center, and see the world through to it's final moments.

If nothing else, they can make sure to take that God with them into oblivion, and stop it's rampage here.

Even if it is a 'former humanity,' it is one that has lost it's way.

In that case, they have to stop it for it's own sake as well.

---Those voices that had helped rouse them do not appear again, nor are you ever able to make out their forms. They were more shadow-like than even the souls, hollow beings that had all wound up here just because they had happened to like a 'handful' of people, and hadn't been able to purge that loyalty from themselves. They disappear as silently as they had been, without fanfare or good will towards humanity...

Just a strange affection for 'former friends.'

"Of course you say hoist the flag, but our target is unclear."

Atop that ship -her temporary Naglfar- a cold Goddess of the dead regards her summoner with light amusement.

"The enemy has many forms. I am unsure about the specifics, but it is likely only one of them is 'real.'"

It does.

Many battles happen simultaneously, separated by 'cracks' in reality.

Amongst them, where do you go?

---It's a choice that will ultimately affect 'fate' itself, thus...

One that is not meant to be made lightly.

Factor of Space online.
    Only two Factors can be active at once.
    Last edited by Airen; December 27th, 2018 at 06:49 PM.
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Blog Entries
    Suzume AOGAMI
    Final Battle

A curse to her left, blessings to her right.

If there was a way to force a god to its knees, this would have been it. Not a rejection of humanity like Chiyoko envisioned, rid of all its imperfections and darkness. And neither was it an affirmation of humanities' most evil vices the Devourer loved to hold up.

This was the power of humanity in its totality. Its best and its worst, united in an assault fed directly from its collective consciousness, with Suzume as its channeler.

I wonder if Mom counts this as making up for flunking the entrance exam. 50% chance she will if I win.

The clash of wills that had unfolded before her finally filled her with confidence. Maybe not too much of it, but confidence regardless. Tsukino Aya made a formidable ally as well as she had been a terrifying enemy. Suzume only was able to reconstruct what had happened after the fact, so quick were her movements, even as both of them had left behind human limitations long ago.

It was truly the power of a god that was leveled at them. Unrelenting, without mercy or fear. They stood before the woman as the first humans stood before the bright lightning above them, the raging rivers before them and the cracking earth beneath them. A force that could not possibly be tamed, that could not be reasoned or even communicated with.

But building on the efforts of eons of humans, to their generation the terrifying elements were just mere inconveniences. Humanity had conquered its gods.

It was not going to stop now.

As a raging current had been unleashed on her, she retaliated just as fiercely. And for the first time in the fight, god seemed strangely mortal. Of course, that too was met with more indifference than shock or enthusiasm. But humanity had never cared for the feelings of a river it diverted, or the lightning it forced into its machinery.

This was the shift. She had to push the offense now.

And what had helped her here were the flames of Jeanne d'Arc. The contrast to the impurity of Aya's collection of curses. All around her, the phantoms wielded fragments of that same power, pushing on even as their phantasmal comrades were devoured.

Recovering from the push, Suzume wordlessly broke out into a dash, only to realize a second later that the god had adapted to her own increase of offense. A hailstorm, to bring her and all her allies down...or to merely delay them for something even more terrifying.

There was no way she could give her any space.

She felt almost paralyzing fear. It was not helped by the occasional flare of despair that she perceived as another phantasm was extinguished, nor by the still quite uncomfortable background radiation Aya's curse produced.

But that was no reason to stand back.

That was even more reason to push on.

The cold indifference the god showed...

...it was nothing she had to worry about as long as she had these people watching her back.

The woman burdened with humanities wishes for good.

The woman taking on all of humanities curses on herself.

And her treasured teacher. An amazing existence by any definiton, but in her eyes, a fallible human being.

Thus, the strongest of them all.

"Help me Liane..."

Brighter light than she had ever seen accompanied her charge, darkness and light striking at the god in her best effort. A cleansing blast to free her path.

"...my studies aren't over just yet."

And so her assault proceeded, more desperate than she had ever been, and more hopeful than ever that she would be victorious.

Blog Entries
    Suzume AOGAMI
    Final Battle

"..."

While it's not quite the same as like mother like daughter, the phrase like teacher like student is something that 'God' can note with a pure and uncompromising clarity. While Chronos had stolen most of their memories in their split, it still has a sense of 'familiarity' with every human that exists within this world; it can refer to anyone and everyone by name, and can't be fooled for long by even the greatest of tricksters.

But there is no trick here, to call out Liane Cross is to call out someone it knows quite well; the destined heroine of the Kyuubi Incident, and a woman whose methods of combat were remarkably straight-forward for a 'witch.' While she knows more complicated magics, she is the sort that will ultimately favor the direct clash of power against power, a magic gunner-type magus who favors simple magical rituals that only involve efficient movement and precise control of spiritual power; it is a result of growing up without a proper teacher herself, a 'natural' method that turns ones limbs into rocket burners, against this God it is the only 'magic' that she will have time to deploy, and as a result-

"..."

What she will do is obvious to the God, if there are too many opponents, simply crush them all at once with overwhelming power. With the power of Joanna Cross thrown into the mix as well, it is certainly a tactic that could yield some form of result; the wave of golden fire that appears is one that will never harm it's allies, and enables one to use the 'world' as their target without worrying about harming their friends accidentally. As far as 'bullets' go, it is certainly the strongest one she has ever fired in her life, an all-encompassing blast that not only decimates all of his troops and the stolen blades, but blatantly challenges the strongest God to a contest of power against power.

---It does not mind indulging her in such things.

==Aur Ein Soph==

Much like Nyarlathotep, this entity wasn't simply after the lives of it's opponents.

It wants to defeat them decisively, crush them so completely that whatever remains of them won't dare to ever try to rise up against it again; that is why it always goes out of it's way to not only beat people at their own game, but do it while being on a 'similar level' to them. If a flicker of hope exists and is then snuffed out, the result is a far greater and deeper reaching despair; when one realizes that even their 'best efforts' are for naught, it's easier to get them to accept the futility of it all, to sow doubts that weaken them still further, and enable a far more 'complete' destruction.

Reduce their will to zero, that is it's preferred method of victory.

If it is able to do so, then it proves the righteousness of it's own beliefs.

Yes...

While many of the opponents that had appeared over the past few months could be called manifestations of 'Darkness,' this opponent could perhaps be thought of as a malevolent 'Light.'

It's hopes for the future required all opponents to meet their ends against it, in order to protect the universe it cannot allow itself to be beaten, it is the guardian, and it's belief in it's righteousness is perfect and without flaw.

It's own infinite power merely reinforces that already flawless belief.

Light meets with light, and the resulting clash is one that it is destined to win; matching Liane's 'stream' of spiritual power with one of it's own, the difference in their abilities slowly becomes apparent as 'starlight' begins to be overwhelmed by 'infinity.'

It's like watching a single ray of light try to stop a falling star. While it can end things in a heartbeat if it so wishes, the God takes it's time with it, the clash of two magics a slowly descending time-bomb on her life.

She should understand more than anyone that she can't stop it.

Even if you put all of humanity together, that is still a 'finite' power when compared to it's own 'infinity.'

Not only that, humanity is being forced to support a number of different battles simultaneously, splitting their power in many different directions; if they do not, then those that have become their avatars would have already died simply from being in the same space as this God.

Like all others who have challenged it to this 'struggle,' the only thing Liane can do is hold the 'trigger' and ruthlessly delay the inevitable.

---The body screams from the abuse.

Being connected to the eclipse for so long, being given access to power that far surpassed one's usual limitations, and directing it through herself and at her opponent in an unending stream is a sensation that could be described as the body both "screaming in agony," and "quivering in ecstasy."

Expansion of subjective time.

Melting of the ego.

A feeling of liberation from the body.

When pushed to the limits like this, it is certainly akin to a near-death experience.

Torturing oneself for a future that no longer exists, but of course, it is not like she can help it. She had always been stubborn and this was no different, digging her heels into the world and refusing to relent until her desired outcome appeared, it is a very human drive, but one that will ultimately fail her just as it had failed all those like her.

---The closer it gets, the more power she forces to flow.

It hurts, but that doesn't matter.

Staying reality straight in the eye, even the phantom of that woman is remarkably stubborn; her accelerated resistance slows the fall of the star, but it simply puts more power behind it's own strike to reinforce the status quo.

Even so...

She laughs.

Staring death straight in the face, the woman that has known from the start that she wouldn't be able to do it, just laughs as it closes in on her...

"Alright-! Go-!"

---Before seemingly abandoning it entirely, flickering out of the path of the blast with Phantasm Step.

"...?"

It's not the expected response, and so a true curiosity appears.

But really, the answer is quite simple.

Arms grasp it from behind, as Tsukino Aya pushes herself back into the fight.

If the spell cannot be stopped, then the next course of action is naturally to go after the caster. Liane's desperate assault had not been one meant to actually hit it, but rather to allow someone else to get close enough for a finishing move of their own, relying on her old affinity with Aya to know what she'll do without communicating directly; of course, there is no attack within this world that can erase the existence of the God. It had created this universe, so it's only natural that it cannot be killed while inside of it, even so-

Things can be done to it's vessel. While it is not worried about 'ceasing to exist,' it has a strange sort of 'protectiveness' towards this human body that causes it to automatically react to attacks made against it; the elbow it thrusts into her stomach freezes the woman's 'time' momentarily, and the following blow to the stomach throws her back out into space.

However-

That movement hides still more.

Suzume hasn't stopped, her charge was fundamentally simple, but Liane's light had served as cover for more than one person; holding both flames in hand, just like the others, it's a simple strike thrown out with all the power this body can muster-!

"Hmph."

Chains tighten...
    24 -> 18

Even so, she can only scratch it.

The fist that emerges in response rockets her back down into a meteor. The pain is great, but instinctive use of spirit power at least keeps a hole from being blown completely open in her stomach; even so, bones have shattered, and the superiority of the God in the face of all challengers remains clear.

Or at least it should, but-

A scratch is a scratch, and that body is that body.

Had you known it yourself? That God is invincible, of that no one can deny, but it's need to cling to that body is the greatest weakness of all; as long as it is inside of it hope continues to exist, after all...

That curse was designed to infect mortal bodies.

Even if the God itself is above such things, the 'bound' soul inside of it, Chiyoko's, should not be-!

"Wh-"

That's right.

The moment Suzume scratches it with that curse, is the same moment the bound soul gets a 'weapon' to strike at her own captor.

It's body goes up in black flames, seemingly of it's own accord.

Factor of Space is Online.
    Only Two Factors can be active at once through use of a COMP. (Possession by Chronos means Suzume has 'time' innately however.)

Aya: Frozen.
    Liane: Hakkero. Full Power.
    Joan: Exists as 'Saint's Fire.' Still active.
    Chronos: Space-time collapse on the target.
    Last edited by Airen; December 17th, 2018 at 12:06 PM.
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Click the moon for extra scenes Verg Avesta's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Medrod Pendragon
    Final Battle

Quote Originally Posted by Saki
    “It seems the Factor of Time is no longer functioning in my COMP. Or rather, I no longer wish to continue relying on it. Consider this is a chance to earn forgiveness for before, Medrod. How about… destroy every one of those arrows of light before they reach me and run the Devourer through with that blade, and I’ll forget it ever happened.”
    "Such a demanding Lady of the Lake..."

Medrod's voice cracked with slight amusement as he reached towards the sword given to him. This was no time for humor, no time for quips, yet he couldn't help himself. It felt natural to answer her sass with sass of his own, even in the face of death. It was just how an interaction between them was supposed to be.

But more importantly.

This sword.

Starfire hilt, pulsar pommel, stellar light quaking the universe around them with its sheer presence. Medrod's eye felt like burning as he gazed upon this sword that was nothing more than a hole of pure light in the reality, being closer to a singularity than a star anymore. A calm smile rose to his face as he grasped his sword, taking a good grip of its hilt while sliding Chrysaor back to its sheath on his back. This sword... it felt pure. It felt right. It felt invincible. A piece of the galaxy that nobody, not even a reality-bending Administrator could affect that easily. Each object had their weight, their 'importance' to the world, and the star this weapon was made out of... it must have been one of the heaviest around.

So when Medrod exhaled, took a stance, and raised his new weapon towards the changed Time Devourer, he answered its grim truth and determination with an expression that gave no ground, that threw its absolutes straight back at its face.

"Everything changes, whether you like it or not. Even you yourself changed," Medrod spoke defiantly, taking in the sight of innumerable pinpricks of lights heading their way, promising destruction. "Though I have to warn you... a new pretty face is not going to make me change my course. I told you what I will do, didn't I? There's no stopping it. Just as you think you're right... so do I."

The blue eye seemed to be laughing.

"Annoying, isn't it?"

The lights were approaching, but Medrod didn't flinch. What he held in his hand was a starlight unlike any other, one that would, once released, shine brighter than whatever was about to hit them. Quickly calculating the trajectory of each and every projectile, Medrod made his plan. Unlike Saki, he could not change one of the Factors he was using. After all, he needed the power and he needed to be able to resist time-manipulation. Thus he could not simply warp across all the projectiles and take them out in a fraction of a second.

No, he needed to take them all out at the same time.

Instantaneously.

Which is why he raised his sword to the side, adjusting the angle and keeping his eye on the floating form of Time Devourer. It wanted them all erased, it wanted them all gone. Therefore, it would create an attack that would most likely target every possible enemy before it, cut off all the escape routes and ensure nothing could dodge the sheer number of projectiles.

That was good.

Despite how it sounded, that was good.

After all... it let Medrod know exactly where to strike.

"-------------------!"

For a moment, everything froze.

Medrod's body, the light of the starsword, even his existence seemed to just pause for a fraction of a second.

His very existence was killed in order for him to concentrate.

Nothingness.

Mu.

Medrod deleted it all for the sake of this strike.

It was almost as if he disappeared from field of vision of everyone, even the Time Devourer. No doubt the young man himself was there. His physical body did exist. But at the same time... he wasn't. Nothing of 'him' was there. Just an empty shell, holding a sword of eons to his side. It made no sense. What could cause such an odd phenomena? It was a surreal, paradoxical feeling that came over anyone that watched at the young man who had just prepared for his assault. After all there should have been nothing that caused such a paradox, that someone would be somewhere yet exist not at all. Yes. Nothing.

Except... something.

Except one thing.

Something deep within him.

A singularity of infinite power, fueled by wishes of others and himself.

So far he had fought the Time Devourer with the wishes of united Earth.

So far he had fought the Time Devourer with his own wish of saving both it and Chiyoko.

But.

What did Saki say just now?

Wasn't her request, her demand... a wish in itself?

------------------------------- And wasn't Time Devourer just a bit too late in realizing that?

THE END

GRAIL SWORD

A wall of light filled the space and shone across the solar system, expanding into the far reaches of space and banishing darkness, filling the galaxy itself with a newfound light of a sword that dwarfed stars themselves. The pinpricks of light heading their way were just that compared to the brightness of the sword and the pure light it emanated. Ultraviolet flames that could not be stopped engulfed the Time Devourer with a single swing from this artifact of the future, built with hopes and dreams of mankind and given form by one girl's wish.

That's why Medrod had disappeared for a moment.

He had put everything, even his own 'self' as a power in order to accelerate Saki's wish so that for a moment, not even the Time Devourer could match it. Because that's what he was. A furnace of sorts. While he could not act upon a selfish wish, Medrod thrived on the wishes of others. They were what made him truly strong. And presented with a personal wish, one spoken to him aloud...

... He had to give it his all.

He had to be powerful enough to accomplish that wish, even if it meant becoming a flaring star himself.

----------- If it was for the sake of others.

-------------------------------- He'd become strong enough to fight this Administrator one-on-one.

Even if it took everything he had and then some.

"Like I said!"

A sudden roar came from within the light.

Something approaching the Time Devourer 299,792,458 meters per second.

It was a form of a man that had become pure light.

With one eye of brilliant blue shining in his face.

"You need more than a pretty new face to defeat me now!" Medrod yelled as he aimed his sword of starlight straight at Time Devourer, ready for an exchange of blows. "You see, I'm already head over heels about this one girl!"

Pure light was swung down at the enemy.

"AND YOU'RE NOWHERE NEAR HER LEVEL YET!"

And as that absurd shout echoed across time and space...

... Medrod's second plan came together.

In form of a certain police officer he had summoned just before launching that mass of light, along with power of Aoyama and its people.

Blog Entries
    Medrod & Saki
    Space - Overlooking Earth (Main Fragment)
    Final Battle

Only one more factor is needed to put an end to the battle.

With all four of them, it should be possible for Yamuna to bind her hostile counterpart through use of it's own "Ultimate Magic." However, with the Goddess seemingly trying to rescue the others from their plights, and no real method of knowing how soon the last one will arrive to you, the only thing that you can do is continue to delay the rampage of the Absolute God...

"..."

Remaining silent in the face of a boy's taunts, the God doesn't see a need to agree or disagree with his statements. Not once has it's end-goal changed, it will protect the "greater good" regardless of the cost to anything else; even if other aspects of itself have shifted slightly due to being in this body, it is not so grand a change that it will have any real impact on what it must do.

Even if a part of itself feels a hint of 'nostalgia' at being inside this sort of body, it's a twinge of meaningless emotion that they can easily suppress.

The humans haven't learned, but that too is in their nature.

No matter how much power they pull out, it is trivial for this entity to match them. They were corpses when it found them, a dead world amidst a sea of dead worlds, and the idea that they could grow enough to overthrow that which had revived them was foolish, as far as they are concerned it should be considered "God." It's will has never been broken by anyone or anything; and it has never lost to anything as a result.

It was the 'endpoint' of humanity's power.

Unless they were willing to throw just as much of themselves away, then there is no way they can be overcome by a naive reflection of 'their former selves.' They are struggling meaninglessly as mortals, believing that some sort of opening will appear if they just keep holding on, but-

This isn't that kind of story.

The moment they had proven themselves failures to it's ideals, this story had become a tragedy.

---No.

It was a tragedy from the start.

While it's more basic spell disappears within the light of a condensed wish, the God simply prepares to blow right through it's enemy for the final time. The longer the battle goes on the stronger it's opponents become, but even that is meaningless in the grand scheme; it can exceed anything anyone throws at it, and when this boy loses the exchange this time, the Gears of Time should return him to less than dust-

"...Fool."

"..."

Sacrificing her Factor of Time for the Factor of Space, another of the warriors gathered here throws herself at her opponent.

A different approach from Medrod, who had ensured he would be protected from having his 'time' altered, the Admiral gives herself no such barriers, instead prioritizing being able to reach her opponent in a single step.

---It had already confirmed they could only use two at once. Any more was not only impossible for their technology, but would actively reduce their bodies to dust as well; naturally, the only safe combination they can afford is Time and Power. Anything else either removes their ability to harm it, or makes it possible for the God to simply blitz them out of existence before they can even realize what had happened.

Even so, the Admiral had attacked of her own accord. It was likely her attempt at supporting Medrod, after all, she had been assigned the 'mission' to save the world; while she didn't look it at a glance, she was easily the sort who could sacrifice herself for a mission if she saw no other way, and sensing the God's intent to just finish everyone off now, it seems that urge has caused her to risk her life for a single surprise blow on it's body.

But that too is meaningless.

A full power punch is thrown out, and without the factor of time, her ability to even comprehend it is non-existent-

"?!"

Time stops.

Or rather, the ability for it to move disappears in the same instant it touches her skin. Momentum vanishes, and it's body stops responding to commands.

It's not Chiyoko.

While that woman had interfered a number of times up until now, it was actively going out of it's way to suppress her now, no...

The culprit is a butler.

One who hasn't moved, but had turned the body of someone else into a "trap." Acknowledging that he would never be faster than it the moment he had seen it, the boy had automatically thrown out all ideas of shooting projectiles at it. His normal attacks were too straightforward, and while he had a demon to draw power from, the concepts that the Hare of Inaba held were not truly the sort that would be useful against this God.

---So he took the trigger out of his own hands.

"...Hmph. Got you."

It was a roundabout defensive ability. A trap of ice he can implant on others that would activate the moment they were touched by anyone else, bringing them down to 'complete stillness' or rather 'absolute zero.' His original self would not have had such a power, but living on after those first few days, and seeing the 'bizarre but warm' world that was the Ryuumonbuchi Residence...

His Eclipse had forged itself into something like that, a 'judgement' for those that would harm his friends, even if he was not around to protect them himself-!

"...!"

It was bait.

It had thought it simple foolishness, but in the end, it had been bait. It wasn't a complicated trick, and thus it hadn't even considered the idea that it might be one, that they might be playing off it's behavior, and...

While it can only freeze it in place for a moment, at the speed that youth was moving at, 'a moment' was more than enough to get a solid strike on it's form.

The body disappears into light.

---This time, no resistance is found.

---

Makoto Fujioka
    Final Battle

---A dash that can only be called insane.

Faced with an opponent that seems determined to beat you to death along with the entire world you exist within, your only recourse becomes to escape, or perhaps to regroup.

It's an action that is very unlike your normal self, and indeed, the God that had been waiting soundlessly for you to meet your death at it's hands, instead catches only a glimpse of you as you disappear 'beyond the horizon.'

"...Hmph. Izanami."

---It hadn't expected a Goddess other than Yamuna to take up arms for humanity, but the sight and feel of the fog of an Underworld is one it cannot misplace; however, while it is somewhat of a surprise, it is not something that changes the outcome of all of this...

If it had to kill all the demons as well, then so be it.

It doesn't bother to chase you.

There's no point to it. While it can immediately move anywhere it wishes, there is nowhere you can go where it won't already be waiting for you.

While it exists here, it exists in many other places as well... All of them were real, much as all of them were also fake.

So there is no point to it.

While your feat is something that should be impossible without the Factor of Space, the miracle that enables your escape is only one that delays the inevitable.

---Thus, you reappear 'inside another fragment.'

The space is the top of the ship.

It takes you a moment to recognize it as the SLEIPNIR. Since your goal had been to at least reach Claire, it's a location that only becomes obvious after a few moments -namely, she is inside of the ship, likely one of those working on the 'factors'- but down below...

A white titan rises, and...

A battle with the Highest God...

---

Medrod & Saki & Makoto
    Final Battle

Factor of Heat Online
    Only two factors can be active at once!
    Effect: Infinite Spiritual Power, Amplify Spiritual/Magical Attacks

---With the passing of light, of a blade, comes deep silence and sparks of spiritual power. While many attacks have landed on this God up until now, the sensation that arrives with this one is that it was more 'substantial,' perhaps because of the nature of the blade, or the nature of the circumstances itself, regardless...

It felt like you had cleaved right through, as easily as if it had been made from air.

But...

Automatic Defensive Authority
    ==Heaven's Throne==

"...It activated."

The clearance of all obstacles reveals the still unharmed form of the Highest God, but there's something different now, a shift in the tone of it's words that sends a shiver down your spine. Because it had wanted to see the 'reasoning' and 'answers' of the still living humans, those that Nakahara had died protecting, it had gone easy on both you and the world up until now, but the activation of a certain ability has forcibly made it realize the illogical nature of those thoughts.

As well as it's own arrogance.

---Heaven's Throne.

An automatic defensive power that activates under certain conditions of it's own accord; the one who sits on the throne of heaven decides what is real and what is not real, it is a power that humanity shares, but one that it has taken to a final endpoint of invincibility. When an attack that could significantly harm it appears, this power activates and turns its own existence into an "illusion," or rather, it makes it so that it 'does not exist.'

To put it bluntly, it enables the God to become a malevolent illusion by invoking it's own powers of Observation on itself, something that momentarily "does not exist" and thus can't be targeted by anything, regardless of their strength or conceptual worth, or how many times one tries to damage it in any way.

This translates to reality as all attacks simply phasing through it.

Even so...

---Killing intent floods out from it.

The deaths of all of it's opponents is still inevitable, but the fact that its own auto-defenses had been activated, or rather, the fact that it had been forced to resort to such things in the first place, is something that changes it's demeanor entirely.

---As a God, perhaps its a flicker of the pride it should not have?

"Enough. Heaven's Throne is active. No attacks will register... I will erase all of you."

It's body disappears.

Flickering out of existence, only to reappear on the distant horizon, the sense that 'settles' over everyone.

---Is that they're about to die.

Distant stars flicker out. Where Saki had taken one for herself, the God simply empties the heavens with an outstretched hand, a hyper compressed 'sphere' of burning stars forming within it's grasp.

==Universal Law==

"This blow will annihilate the planet. Humanity will disappear into the cosmos, never to rise again."

Those words become the future, or rather fate, something that can be stopped only by another user of that "same magic."

Or perhaps, by destroying the caster.

Of course Yamuna will try, but to ensure that it is not countered, she must layer it 'hundreds of times over,' and she must seal her opponent with the same spell...

Naturally, doing so makes it impossible for her to move or do anything other than weave that spell, and even if she could, there is nothing anyone other than her can do to stop it now.

---And she doesn't have enough time.

The destination is set, only the path taken to get there is unclear.

"Is that... Seriously...? Slow it down!"

A pointless order.

==Supernova==

---An attack that surpasses everything that has come before, appears to annihilate all those who had dared oppose it.

This is the end.
    Last edited by Airen; September 22nd, 2019 at 07:57 PM.
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Blog Entries
    Jacques Dussault
    The Darkness Within The Light
    Final Battle

In the subconscious of humanity, in the darkness of your mind, there is a ship.

You see it everywhere you go.

You see its mast in the rafters of your home, your school, the skyscraper you walk by on the way to work. You see its rigging in the braiding of your hair, in the weave of the blanket you sling around your shoulders, in the flag of your nation that blows idle in the wind, a testament to the world built by the living and the dead.

As you pass a friend, smiling, in the shine of their eyes you see the holes that pass for its windows, the faces of corpses peering out from within. In the whiteness of their teeth you see the bone stronger than any steel that forms the spine of the ship; in the darkness of their mouth you see the cannons that wait in the darkness, patient and unyielding, ready to unleash a storm the likes of which no one has ever seen until the very end of days.

Within the curve of the Earth you see its sails unfurl, swallowing the sun itself, bigger than anything you have ever seen and will ever see again. Upon its brow you see the crown of the Queen of the Dead and Damned - your eyes see that, but when you look closer and see more than you could ever comprehend, see that it’s not really a ship at all-

It sails.

The ocean that has slowed Jacques’s descent more than once opens before them, and at the helm of the thing that blots out every star, an image from Ragnarok, end of the Gods, holding over ten billion years worth of souls, uncountable by any measure, larger than any ship that could ever be and that ever was-

Jacques Dussault and the Queen of the Dead stand resolute, watching the world come to meet them.

"Of course you say hoist the flag, but our target is unclear."

I smile back at her, joking before the end of the world.

"That's fair, but..."

"The enemy has many forms. I am unsure about the specifics, but it is likely only one of them is 'real.'"

I close my eyes, thinking. An image of Arya flashes through my mind, when we were happier, the two of us exploring a ghostly castle, and I almost think to wave it away before-

Heh.

Still looking out for me even now, huh?

The person we met there, half of the Goddess fighting for us right now...

I haven't forgotten her struggle, her eternal loneliness.

It reminds me of my childhood.

No father, no mother, just myself alone until I met Arya, and, well... I can't let that go to waste.

I open my eyes.

"I think... I think I have it."

I turn to Hel, standing at the helm of a ship that only existed in the darkest legends of men.

"We're setting sail to Yamuna. I can't think of a better place that 'God' would be then fighting the Goddess of Humanity."

Jacques Dussault
    ???
    Final Battle

A behemoth beyond reckoning, a darkness darker than darkness itself, Naglfar moves faster than light, falling through the universe, shattering every barrier in its way as it dives through the darkness like an infernal comet, transcending all understanding of the meaning of 'speed'.

After all, light is faster than thought, faster than death, the standard for all things that move beyond the comprehension of human knowledge; but when it arrives the overwhelming shadow of the cosmos is already there, waiting for it with a patience that stretches beyond all bounds.

Yes.

The speed of the ‘dark’, fastest of all.

Jacques Dussault
    Final Battle

Howling like a man possessed, Jacques Dussault erupts from the shadows of the universe, and with him the souls of every single victim of the Devourer cry out, their voices blending into a scream that can only signal the end of the world, a cry that only humans can give, fear and desperation and hope and pride and love, the Daughter of Loki beside them, riding to the birth of a world that every single one of them has held in their hearts for all the years they were trapped, paralyzed by loss, crippled by despair-

Now, they are beyond such things.

Their cry is deafening, ringing through the battlefield, emerging without warning from a place that everyone had abandoned, had forgotten, screaming that they are still here, that they won't go quietly into the night, not without one last ride, one last fight-

And holding on to the wheel, joy in his heart, grinning with all his might, Jacques Dussault screams with them, rebel yell tearing at his throat until he knows that he'll have no voice tomorrow and it doesn't matter, because if they don't put everything on the line here and now there will never be a tomorrow again-

An uncountable number of hatches burst open as Naglfar draws in the very fabric of the universe, the dark matter that binds the souls of everyone within it in the bond of life itself, blending into balls of darkness that devour all before them, each one a hole in the world-

Courage rising, shining out in the hearts of all those the Devourer has vanquished before, striking back at it now for those who still haven't given up, no matter what happens-

"FIRE!"

== Black Sun Barrage - Annihilation of All Heaven ==

Last edited by Mooncake; December 19th, 2018 at 12:00 PM.

Blog Entries
    Suzume AOGAMI
    Final Battle

It was brilliant. A radiance unlike anything she had ever seen before, illuminating all of space around her. The brightest lights of the firmament were simply extinguished as it traveled, drowned in light exceeding theirs until they were simply no longer noticeable. Had she thought the Devourer had the capability of showing mercy, this would likely be a form of it. To be incinerated in something this beautiful...it would not have been such a terrible way to go.

What could even be done against such raw strength that blotted out even the stars in the sky? The attack was an argument in itself, a divine judgement pronouncing the guilty parties dead, far exceeding the necessary force to do so. What could possibly be more awe-inspiring than such a display of power?

Simple.

Defiance in the face of it.

With a coordinated assault, Suzume managed a single, glancing strike. Not a crushing blow, not a decapitation, a simple hit. And even then she had been "allowed" to do so...

Feelings of whiplash, disorientation and fear mix with the certainty that her strike managed to wound that which could not be wounded.

As her body crashes, sustaining an attack that would have killed her an uncountable amount of times over before, Suzume turns her face to the invincible being she just scratched.

And smiled.

Fundamentally, Suzume had never been a person to fight her own fights. From her humble start as a lazy and carefree bystander to her own life to her current role, even as her lifelong companion Aogami changed the way she perceived the world, Suzume simply was not one to strike and claw at her enemies. No, even if Blues' influence had made her a smidge more aggressive, her strength simply lie elsewhere.

She had been a conductor. To make sure everyone is in the right place at the right time, that was her way of fighting. And now, there had been a new, unexpected ally in the fight.

It was up to her to utilize her as best as she could.

"...I knew you were stronger than this. I might not agree with you but...I can respect what you tried to do. Or I would have never faced you."

Now came the unpleasant part. By any rational measure the Devourer was the more dangerous presence, but specifically for an empath like her it was just felt like an overwhelming pressure. It was as if facing an avalanche coming straight at her, with no way to run or hide.

This maneuver on the other hand was more like facing one's primal fear of darkness.

Suzume wasted not a split second and reached out to the woman currently burning up under an uncountable number of curses, diving directly into what she artfully avoided the last time she had faced it.

Hatred.

It felt like being sliced, stabbed, ripped apart, bludgeoned, broken, burned and smothered.
    With a pain like skin was peeling from her body as she immersed herself in the curse that threatened to swallow her whole.
    A miserable death not even granted by the one she swore to destroy.
    She had invited the devil into her domain.

And yet, in that sea of flames...
    In all of the burning hatred of an uncountable amount of curses...

She searched for a voice.

"SHOW ME THAT STRENGTH!"

-----

"Space" was an interesting concept.

The factor of Space explicitly did not allow a manipulation of that which had no "physical" grounding. While it could manipulate any "Place" in reality, it could not shorten the distance between a dreamer and their dream.
    For such a thing to happen, a miracle was required. A "glitch" in the system so to speak.

It might have just been a talisman. Maybe it had been her unique existence. Maybe, for once what humans had called the divine was on her side, granting this impossible wish.

Whatever it was, Suzume AOGAMI, the being that should not be, once again acted as a conductor, or rather a conduit.

Searching the sea of souls for those wishing to speak to "Chiyoko", the gate she had opened allowed them to first possess her then transition into the body of Chiyoko.

Starting a silent dissonance to the droning of the Devourer's and the Curse's presence, it slowly grew louder.

A cacophony of encouragment.

A symphony of human will in defiance of its gods.

An outstretched hand for Chiyoko to create more of an opening.

The conductor had found a new player for their orchestra, and she was willing to sacrifice her own sanity to add that beautiful melody to her own.

Click the moon for extra scenes Verg Avesta's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Medrod Pendragon
    (Main Fragment)
    Final Battle

Death had come for them all.

Whereas Saki's sword was but one start, Time Devourer had turned the whole night sky, the universe around them, into a form of attack that would stop at nothing to destroy the planet they called home. Medrod's flickering blue eye gazed upon the form their destruction took, and even he found himself at a loss. It was at this point that even he didn't know what to do. Against a power like this, his abilities were meaningless. Even if he was strong when facing an enemy head-on, it did not matter against a force such as this. Indeed, he might have as well given up, knowing there was nothing he could do.

But how could he?

To give up now, at the precipice of tomorrow, would have been a betrayal of everything he swore to do different, everything he swore to change about himself. He himself had stepped on this path as it was laid out before him, dedicating his worthless life for the sake of others. As long as he was alone, he would stop at nothing to atone for his past, for the mistakes he had made. To dedicate his life to saving others... it meant he would do it, whether he could succeed or not.

Because wasn't that what a knight was supposed to do?

"...Eh?"

And the moment he thought that.

The moment Medrod arrived to the foregone conclusion.

--------------- He suddenly heard a song.

It was a beautiful melody, one which came from the one sword he had yet to use. There, at his waist, Xanadu sang its fey-like tune so proudly and so brilliantly that just for a moment, Medrod forgot all about the world around him. Time Devourer and its approaching attack were swept aside by the sweet tune, like a melody from a long gone age. In that song, Medrod saw something... something he had not expected to see. A distant dream, an endless field, raised banners and a figure ahead of him, walking forward with its back straight and head held high. A silver armor, gleaming in the morning light, with a magnificent cape billowing behind it. On its waist was strapped a blade unlike anything this world had known before or since. In that sense, the figure of that knight... nay, of that king, reminded him of Zerah. Someone always ahead of him. Someone he could never catch up.

Someone who was worthy to carry a sword that could alter the course of a world... a sword forged from dreams themselves. Someone that Medrod could never be.

"-----------!"

Fear gripped him.

Fear not for himself, but fear of the sword at his waist. This weapon... to draw it would mean to accept his own inadequacy. Yes, Medrod had stepped out of the shadow Zerah cast, but that did not mean he still was not an imperfect reflection of the Messiah. Hell, at the first place, he was not a Messiah. For him to try to act like one, for him to try to mimic someone who could save a world, for him to try to use something that a Messiah had wielded on their path to bloody salvation...

... It surely led to nothing but ruin for himself.

".......... Ah."

But what of it?

He said it himself. From the moment Red had pulled him out of that darkness, Medrod had decided to dedicate his life for the sake of others, abandoning his own well-being and his own safety to save those he saw. It was an inglorious road that would certainly lead to a foolish end, but it was the road he was willing to walk. If it meant that those he treasured the most would be safe... he was willing to walk that road to the bitter end, no matter how painful.

So, what of it?

What did it matter if he could never be like Zerah or the king he saw within the song of the blade?

He didn't need to be.

The only thing he needed to do was achieve what they achieved even if it tore him apart from his very soul.

He would mimic a Messiah the best he could, even if it ended up destroying him. He was never meant to be a world's savior, Medrod knew that better than anybody, but at the very least he could save those he cared about. He could take in those wishes of others and become their conduit, a line of stars cutting from here to tomorrow. It didn't matter what would happen to him. He would survive even if he was erased. After all, there was one, a very special someone who told him to stay alive and continue atoning. For her sake, he couldn't die even if he was destroyed.

So, from the very start, there was no choice to be made.

Or rather, the choice had been made the moment Dr. Matsuda handed this sword to Medrod.

"Yeah..."

When the time came, even if he was not a Messiah, he'd take a hold of this sword and use it to---

"G-gggghhhh-------!"

The very instant Medrod's hands wrapped around Xanadu's handle, his whole world seemed to disappeared. Instead, his mind was filled with the song, so loud it became like a typhoon that raged around him. Movement, thought, even existing itself was denied by the force of the Blade of Dreams as its power raged around him, filling every single inch of him. Medrod's mouth hung open and his eye saw nothing but pure white, through which that ephemeral scenery once again appeared. Those fields, those banners, that distant land that no longer existed.

It was a hell.

Hell, but in a different sense that Medrod had understood before.

This was a hell of his own making, one created by his own mind that realized just how lacking he was and just how naive he could be. In face of something like this, of the paths walked and of the actions done, of the power that could be... how could he not feel small and insignificant? How could he not shed a tear, knowing that he could never be something that could save a world single-handedly? To yearn so desperately for power to help those around him, but to find that he wasn't fit enough even for that... it could make a man break.

And Medrod did break.

Within that maelstrom of melody, he fell to his knees out of desperation, clinging onto the handle of the sword.

All the while that figure before him got further and further.

That Knight In Silver.

The Once And the Future King.

Each step separated that mythological figure from him. Perhaps a figment of his imagination, perhaps something else, perhaps an echo in his soul... whatever it was, the distance between the two of them grew with each step. Just like the shadow of Zerah that once stretched over him, this distance became an unbearable reminder that he, Medrod Pendragon, would never ever be a true savior. His bloody past would always follow him, a reminder that no matter how hard he worked, he could never achieve true salvation from the crimes he had committed.

He would never be forgiven.

He could never be forgiven.

He should never be forgiven.

Just wanting to save others was not enough. It would never be enough. The fact that Medrod himself felt regret over what he had done made sure of that. If he could proudly assert that what he had done had been done for the sake of the world, for the sake of saving others, then he could have, perhaps, been closer to a savior... but as he was now, he was flawed. He felt regret. He felt doubt. He understood his own paradox.

A man like Medrod Pendragon was ill the savior worthy to protect a world.

"... So what?"

--------------- But that would not stop him.

Nothing would stop him anymore.

He might have been inadequate, he might have been inferior, he might have been unworthy of wielding this sword... but he would do it anyway. He would grit his teeth and bear the pain and humiliation, even if the whole world would turn against him. He shoulder the responsibility of a mission of salvation that could never be completed. Because that's who he was, that's what he wanted to do.

The maelstrom of song shook as Medrod drove his legs to the ground and stood up, his one eye boring a hole through the back of the silver knight. Red, blue... it didn't matter at his point. The only thing that mattered was the back of that knight that kept getting further and further away, almost as if to mock him.

Yes, that damned back...

Medrod had never seen it before.

But sure enough.

... It reminded him of Zerah enough to make anger coarse through his body once more.

"I'm getting sick of people like you and Zerah..." Medrod growled and his form coiled like a spring. "Saviors this and Messiah that... at the end of the day, you're just like the rest of us!"

With a roar, Medrod drew Xanadu from its sheath and shot forward, crossing the infinite plains within the song in a fraction of a second. The armored back of the king came into a view, and without an ounce of hesitation, Medrod took his sword and drove it through the back of that knight. Light, unimaginable light, shone from within the cracked armor, bathing Medrod in its warmth. Victoriously, the one-eyed man looked at the being he had caught up to.

Even if it was all a dream.

"Nothing special. Nobody in this world is."

And with that declaration, Medrod drew back his sword and surged forth, leaving the form of the defeated king behind.

How much time did pass in the real world? A second? Less than that? At the end, it was hard to tell. But the change that came from the mental battle of Medrod was immediate. A slightest hesitation, a moment's empty gaze as Medrod took hold of Xanadu's handle... all but erased by the sudden light that surged forth to answer the artillery of stars that threatened earth. Brilliance in form of a prismatic shine, one that stretched towards the edges of the solar system. It roared with enough force to burden space and left an imprint of a gigantic dragon to the night sky, one of void and light.

And at the very center of it.

Stood a form both familiar and unfamiliar.

"'Tis not long ere the tomorrow comes. 'Tis not long ere the night abides. So shalt the old order fall asunder... and new tomorrow come with a joyous thunder."

A knight of silver and red, clad in an armor most ancient, right hand holding aloft a blade of dreams they call Xanadu. In his left hand was the sword Chrysaor, lighting-levin licking the gauntlet and painting it with myriad forms. Last was the Grail Sword, blade of stars unparalleled. It had been set at the center of the armor, burned into the body of the man. Like a fountain of pure starlight, a reactor of power, it had been embedded into the man's chest where it shone even through the brilliant silver armor. And from it, weaves of magatsuhi, red power, spread everywhere across the equipment. It was what gave the armor its scarlet hue and crimson adornments, pumping the force of a star into the man now standing between destruction and earth.

And at the very pommel of that sword rotated Avalon - Singularity of Hope, The Wishing Star, now joining Xanadu in its song.

"Thy countenance that of a ruler, governor of this world and beyond. Fool of a being, understand you nothing of us and our bond?" A familiar voice echoed from within the metal helmet, adorned with horns of a dragon. "Why thou taketh role of a king when jester be more fitting? Alas, thy own doom thou hast written."

Both swords were raised as the knight in silver and red prepared to meet the assault of stars head on, stopping any and all of them in their tracks. Eye of red and blue shone from within the visor of the helmet, unflinching and undenied by the killing intent cascading form the Time Devourer. While the man the knight had been had been taken aback, now... he doubted none. As immovable as a shield, he dedicated himself to protecting the planet at their backs.

"Name Medrod, Sire Pendragon. Has thou heard the deeds this name has done?" The cold voice of the knight spoke once more. "Alas for thee... 'tis a name of a kingslayer, second to none. So curse thy nature, grieve thy choice, but keepeth steady and yet listen to my voice."

One step forward.

One step to give this moment his all.

"Thus giveth your all, 'O Devourer of Time," The Knight spoke. "And pray we do not find you wanting."

One step to protect all that he could.

Blog Entries
    Suzume AOGAMI
    Final Battle

"SHOW ME THAT STRENGTH!"

A voice echoes across a world of chains and bindings, and in response, the figure of a woman stirs in her restraints. It's the same place she has been ever since she was first imprisoned, a palace constructed within the center of her thoughts -or perhaps her soul- and a world from which there is absolutely no way for her to free herself, regardless of whatever developments may occur during the many battles on the outside.

Along with that first voice, comes a chorus of other voices and sounds; but there is a wall that they cannot cross, one that only their voices alone can breach... Even so, the black flames that have done the impossible linger on her fingertips, but even when they spread out to grasp at the many chains, when they ignite her body from the inside out, the bindings themselves refuse to budge even in the face of that forbidden curse.

She had never entertained the thought that they would, and that is why it is 'voices' rather than her own 'agony' that causes her to twitch in her confinement.

That 'God' too is here, as it exists everywhere.

Of course those black flames won't make her budge, from the start she was a similar existence to itself; something disillusioned with humanity because of this very same darkness.

The presence of these feelings will destroy everything, thus they had both reached the same conclusion...

To discard them entirely.

It is for that reason that it took her as it's host. As an almighty being it shouldn't have a problem with creating a 'body' for itself, but it had not only chosen to use hers instead, but had gone out of it's way to preserve her soul as well rather than condemning it to the void... While her body has been stolen from her, the God has never tortured her in any other way, there is no pain other than that of her emotional turmoil, and it will even remove these flames from her as well...

Not only for it's own sake.

No.

She had realized some time ago...

That a part of it was protecting her, she who should validate it's righteousness.

---She who had formed a connection with 'that entity' that had been borne from humanity's observation and their own discarded emotions.

"...I see. Okay, I understand."

Contrary to their similarity, that woman embraces those flames.

Why?

It's proof of the world's inevitable doom, and it knows she knows it, yet she embraces it anyway. She too had worked to remove those feelings from herself, pain, agony and hatred, all for the sake of eventually saving everything and creating a 'perfect' world, yet...

Now she turns her back on it...

Why? For the purposes of stalling it's battle with those outside? None can defeat it. It is invincible because it needs to be invincible; the mission it had set out to fulfill was so important that it couldn't afford to lose to anyone, yes...

This path is justice.

This is the only path towards "true peace," even so-

"Because I can take it."

An absurd answer.

The Chiyoko that had been present at the start of this battle can't be that different from the one who exists now, even so, something inside of the woman ignites at the sound of voices telling her not to give up. The words of humans can easily ring hollow, and those friends that she had known have long since disappeared, replaced by people that were little more than reincarnations; and for those who had watching over her from the Sea, just hearing someone tell you you can do it isn't something that can change the course of fate, even so...

So many people going this far...

---As a human being herself, she can't help but try to join the flow of that will. It won't add anything to her personal power, and it won't cut these chains that bind her, even so, even so, even so...

So what?

"...I gave up. Just like you, I was afraid of that darkness. It seemed invincible, but... They endured it and kept running, if they think I can do it too... Then I have to try-!"

Afraid of the darkness?

No.

That is the second time a human has made that mistake.

It doesn't fear anything.

There is no God in this world it cannot topple, no Conceptual Entity that it could not destroy.

"Yes. You've forgotten what it means to feel pain... I'm sure you threw away your fears, hatred and happiness as well, abandoning everything for the sake of true divinity... So for your sake too, I will share mine with you."

Even if that means setting her soul on fire, she knows she can take it.

Darkness is a part of humans.

She won't lose to something that comes from her own self, because...

If she starts to falter, all she has to do is remember the many voices that are calling out to her right now...

And she'll be able to make it through-!

"Will you outlast me, Administrator?"

---

---Amidst a sea of curses, a once stable fragment begins to collapse, seemingly of it's own accord, as flames that had once been small in scope ignite into a tower of shadows of mist.

Embracing the curse fully, this is the strongest attack Chiyoko can manage from the inside, and the shaking of the world is a violent protest to that miracle, the impossible sin that was resisting the will of this universe's re-creator. It's just as much an emotional attack as a physical one, a reintroduction to a concept that that God had long ago left behind, and while it is not something made from their own banished emotions -and thus far less crippling- the God again shows that that body is it's true weakness, as it's attacks cease and it goes silent; not screaming, but certainly feeling 'something' as it's expression twists into something akin to a more true pain, a flicker of actual agony...

Before it 'flickers' out of existence, called back to rejoin 'itself.'

---With the owner gone, the false world crumbles seemingly without harm, shattering like glass rather than collapsing in on itself like a black hole, freeing Aya from her stasis, the false ESPers from their endless battle, and...

Reveals another 'copy' of that shattered world, as well as an impossible danger to the planet, from a God that is no longer fooling around with those it has decided must perish.

...That same power seems to be drawing everyone back to it.

Factor of Heat Online
    Only two factors can be active at once!
    Effect: Infinite Spiritual Power, Amplify Spiritual/Magical Attacks
    Last edited by Airen; September 22nd, 2019 at 07:58 PM.
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Blog Entries
    Saki Ryuumonbuchi
    Space – Overlooking Earth
    Final Battle

There are forces never meant to be matched. Odds that cannot be overcome and results that cannot be overturned. Realities that leave no choice but to accept how powerless you truly are. As the sky darkened, as the stars were snatched from the infinity of space, as destruction gathered in the open hand of the Devourer, these were the thoughts that attacked Saki’s mind.

Everyone will die.

It’s not her thought alone. There is no choice but to feel it, seeing the universe destroying power within that hand. The warriors here will not accept that feeling. They will defy it, fight it to the very end, but nobody chooses what they feel.

Not when they stare down the absolute destruction of their very galaxy.

While before Saki had questioned the contradictory actions of the Devourer, fought back within the holes it had left open for her and the others gathered here in this final struggle, there was no such question to ask here. Whatever the enemy had wanted from them before couldn’t be found within the encroaching cataclysm. Nothing, except for their death.

Slow it down.

Already, her hand had disappeared. A flickering flame in the shape of it lingered in its place, poised to plunge beneath her flesh, to drag something out from beyond the physical shell. At no point had she made the decision to do such a thing. It was just instinct. Bewildered in the face of impending death, she lost sight of reality. Or rather, became too absorbed in it.

Accepted that this was her death, and had already made her move to leave behind one last parting shot. Something that even this force equal to all the stars in the sky couldn’t deny.

A mere hair’s breadth away from sinking into her chest, the flame returned to flesh, and in that instant, from the dark behind her, the dark that stood proudly everywhere, it emerged. Sailing on a black sea, a navy of souls screaming a sharp rebuke to the Supernova crashed into the fire-engulfed fragment of space.

"FIRE!"

The admiral of darkness issued his order, darkening the Supernova with black sunlight.

At the same time, the armored visage of Medrod strode forward, radiating starlight he had made his own, speaking calmly to his foe, but also, to those at his back.

In that moment it was Saki herself who had been found wanting.

The COMP at her wrist buzzed. Factor of Space blipped to life, and the Factor of Space turned grey. Distance was irrelevant now.

Only Power and the Heat to fuel it could do anything here.

The glass-like platform of spiritual power that served as her foothold transformed into a ring of fire. Within that ring, her voice echoed around her.

“Save that for later, stupid. Don’t play your Ace in the opening act, coward. What happened to creating a new tomorrow? Don’t throw in the towel here. Looking for a way out, so the rest can clean up after you? Just one parting shot? Are we really reflections of a soul that weak?”

The voices rose into replicas of herself. Remnants of her soul that lingered in every flame created with her ESP. It could be said that her ESP had always been forcing her soul into another form, full of life equal to her own. It often took the shape of flowers, trees, vines, and at times that of her own visage. Even when shaped into a weapon, those blades were alive with her essence.

So just as much as each of the Remnants were just Saki, they were someone else. Someone that had her thoughts, and the notion to voice them.

With the Factor of Heat, for each was allotted enough Spiritual Power to truly sever ties with her and exist perpetually as independent beings.

“Save all that for later. For now, all of me.”

The four Sakis turned to the Supernova. The encroaching destructive force of the infinite stars, woven together so tightly that it came as one flaming mass of destruction.

Erupting from every Saki’s body, violet, helix-shaped flames shot out into the coming starstorm.

Weaving together into a quadruple helix the drill chased after the knight’s back, following him into oblivion. In a nanosecond it shot past the armored ESPer, exploding into infinite fragments that shot out between the cracks of the Black Sun Barrage’s, joining the black onslaught in its assault.

“Our job is to shoot down the stars.”

A second volley of fire burst into space, trailing the first, and until destruction reached her and her split soul, infinite more would follow.

Glorious Grammar Master Race Frantic Author's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Nagi
    Paradise Lost
    Final Battle

"..."

"Hitoshira Nagi. You are unfortunately naive, and are unworthy of the power you have been granted."

What a joke.

"In comparison to my peace, the laments of the dead mean nothing; just like those that failed before you, you will all return to sleep."

"Peace? Laments? Look at yourself and apologize."

"...Oh?"

"...?!"

"This is certainly problematic."

I smile.

"Useless."

Even as I move backwards, I'm smiling. Five, ten, fifteen, twenty --!!!

"Tch..."

Ryota stares down a God and Auron stands on his right, my position at his left feels only natural. It's something that's happened before, something that's happened a thousand times before, in a thousand different worlds, that Nakamura Auron, Hitoshira Nagi, and Ryota Yagami stare down an impossible foe.

"..."

She doesn't move.

"...I see. So you were able to use Universal Law because of your connection to this place... But how many times can you manage it without losing your life? Once more? Yes... That's a power that will kill you without fail, even this host body cannot tolerate use of that ultimate magic for long... You are limited by your mortality. That is not a power humans can wield without consequence."

It can still destroy this world.

"But by all means, defend yourself with it, I suggest making it count. Your arrogance for stepping into the realm of the Gods will be your undoing."

Everything in me screams that it can destroy this world.

"...Alright. Time to wipe that smug look off it's face."

...Yeah.

'Now.'

He's absolutely, unequivocally correct. But I don't need any Universal Laws to impose on the force that's before me. I don't need that kind of power right now --

-- Because I have something greater. A book, with a hundred thousand souls inside of it. A book, with every human heart that's ever died inside of it.

As Yagami moves, I open a book with a million pages and a million dreams, and stare down at the impossibilities inside of it, raising my ax.

"Lilith, you know something?" I say to the demon at my side, staring at her. "I'm getting very tired of my self-proclaimed title being ignored."

I tear a hole in between 'here and now' and 'betwixt and between', opening the Shadow Vortex for the last time.

"Hey."

I tear out a hundred thousand souls that have died, friends of demons and devils that have ignored me, wrapping my own essence in the countless people that are no longer here.

"Do you remember the first time we met?"

It wasn't yet time, the last time I tried this. Too many of them were asleep, but now -- we stand on the precipice of destruction, and the world that holds all of history still stands tall. But now; there's really nothing left, is there? There's only darkness and shadows, emptiness and sorrows, and the grit of all the souls in the world lying in this book.

I'm not the same type of person as everyone else. I'm a 'vessel' for 'everyone's emotions'. So...

I become them.

"It's been a while, since we've last spoken, hasn't it Bartimaeus?" I say, as Ptolemy the Wise.

"There's a lot that's happened in the last thousand years, wouldn't you agree Baal?" I ask, Solomon's own words exiting my mouth.

"Don't ignore me any longer, Loki you bastard." I order, with all the divine authority of Thor's mortal form in my voice.

"Ananta, darling, does it hurt too bad to come out once more?" I quietly speak, Kadru's words on my throat.

It's a hundred thousand requests, demands, desires, in the span of a few seconds. That's the power Hitoshira Nagi and Nobody can wield, even if it hurts, even if it's impossible because -- !!!!

Nobody wants the world to end. This sea that I've transformed into the Original Sin, there's nothing to do but fight the Devourer on her own terms, in my own way, with my own strength. And everyone's strength is mine, because that's who I am. But even so... As I stare into the Shadow Vortex, a soft smile appears on my face, and the words that exit are purely my own.

"I'll see you on the other side, I suppose Mary. Metatron and his Heavenly Hosts would be useful right about now, though."

I stare into the Shadow Vortex, a snarl on my face.

"And to the rest of you, who ignore me, who wait for the world to end, listen to me now. I banished Ananta, alone. I opened the Vortex, alone. I walked amongst you, tried to understand you, and even now desperately want you to help. The Vortex will remain open for as long as anyone wishes to come through, but this world won't last forever. It's being held together by divine providence and a single law, and not even that can outlast the Devourer of Time. So come. Make your stand, humankind and demonkind and all the heavenly hosts together as one, against a foe that can't be defeated by any one of us. Don't let everyone fall into the abyss just because we've been unfair to you! I... I..."

Promises.

Hopes.

Dreams.

I hold them all in this book, and when I feel the overwhelming emotions of every devil summoner, every demon contractor, every person who met a demon that was once a friend it's all I can say but a promise ---

"I'll rip the Shadow Vortex in half and allow all of you to walk among us! A perfect harmony of demons and humanity... wouldn't that be a wonderful world?"

I step back.

I await the horde.

"Crush the world beneath your heel, if you want. Tear down creation just to see if you can, if you dare. Desecrate everything, if you must. But know this, Chiyoko--"

My ax is grabbed by a hand that isn't mine, as I hold a book of creation aloft.

"--There's always going to be someone standing against you. And there's always a spellcaster nearby that's just a bit better then you are."

A wicked grin covers my face, as I flip through the book and find a word that creation itself couldn't hide.

"Now, where was I? Oh yes."
    ==Almighty Skill==

"Megidolaon."

in the end we will make thoughtcrime impossible, for there shall be no words to express it

#THELEGENDNEVERDIES

[01:05.15] <@Spinach> I can flash gang signs faster than Sasuke can perform ninjutsu and I rap like Medea's High Speed Divine Words.