Page 6 of 165 FirstFirst ... 45678111656106 ... LastLast

Thread: Ga Rei: Exodus Nine (IC)

The Time-Governing Twelve Covenants Airen's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Koga Ran
    New Aoyoma, Streets
    Night

"Alright~!"

There is no hesitation in the girl's movements, not because she trusts you completely, but simply because, as a fighter, she realized there was only so much time in which the two of you could act before the spirit reaches you. The abilities of the enemy are unclear, almost completely unknown beyond it's physical strength and supernatural speed, but even so, it was a plan that had some small chance of success, and not wanting to throw you off your game by arguing, the girl simply agreed to go along with it.

Her foot in your hands, her weight, as well as the amount of strength necessary for the plan to succeed is measured in an instant, and once more planning to use yourself as a shield, the sword is deployed for the first time in the fight.

Beyond your gaze, face slathered in flame, the vengeful spirit just grins as it draws closer, it's front wheel rising into the air as if it means to run you down.

However.

The shield that was Koga Ran could not be pierced by it's fists, nor by it's bike.

It knew that.

It had known that from the very first exchange with you.

A Child of the Kyuubi, someone whose soul had been morphed by a "God," created from human misery. In fact, in many ways, you were probably more of a monster than the flaming apparition was...

But that did not mean it could not kill you.

That did not mean it would not bring you despair.

Understanding the type of person you were in an instant, one who had offered up her body as a shield for others without any sign of hesitation, the real target of the vengeful spirit seemed to have rapidly changed from you...

"-?!"

To the people you seemed so intent on guarding from harm.

The bike's angle changes.

Despite the fact that, like a rocket, it's course should be impossible to change in such short notice once it was set, the biker, defying common sense, shoots off into the sky without restriction, flames leaving a burning trail in the air as it goes for the girl you had tossed for your unison strike, at a pace that far surpassed anything it had shown before.

Even though you react without thinking about it, you know there's no way you will make it in time. The enemy appears to be able to fly, and while you are strong enough to jump up to where he is if you wanted to do so, the difference in speed between the two of you is far too great.

Even still, you bend your knees to jump, even as you see Miyu, whose expression of surprise had become one of grim acceptance once she realized she couldn't avoid the strike, pull back her fist in what seems to be an attempt to at least exchange blows with the being before she is blown away.

"Tch, bastard-!"

The instant the bike reaches her, the sky explodes with flame.

Fujiwara Miyu takes 120 HP Damage (Pierce).
    Hell Biker takes 90 HP Damage.

However, even though her body does come crashing through the window of a nearby building, the biker's course veers off to the ground in an uncontrolled manner, a testament to the fact that, in one way or another, the energetic girl had managed to summon up a large amount of force even in the middle of the air-

"What the hell...? What did you do you bitch?!"

-No, perhaps it wasn't that simple.

While he had been moving impossible fast before... The current form of the biker, who had been struck by Miyu before her flight was much, much slower... Even now, floating towards the ground as if he couldn't keep flying, he was moving at a pace that you could easily surpass if you wanted too...

"Hahahaha... I see, You're one of them too... What a small world-!"

Fire gathers around his form.

The once mobile biker stops in place, about ten meters from where you stand, immobilized, or simply no longer caring to move.

Shadows spring from the fog to join him.

The laughing does not stop.

"I'd like to play a bit more, but that smiling bitch just forced my hand," still laughing to himself, the biker regards you with burning eyes, but does not move to strike, "So let's all get to hell at double-time."

For some reason...

A sudden premonition of death hangs over you all...

Hell Biker

Name: Hell Biker
    Character Type: Spirit, Single Entity
    Threat Level: B-Class
    Disposition: Violent

Stats

HP: ???
    SP: ???
    RP: ???

Strength: B
    Vitality: D
    Agility: B (E)
    Dexterity: ???
    Resistance: D
    Spirit: B

-Shadow Rampage [Spirit-Type Innate]-
    As an already composite being, the pull malevolent spirits have over others of their own kind is notable. As those who are malevolent 'radiate,' that malevolence to everything around them, it is not particularly uncommon for other, smaller vengeful spirits to be drawn in by particularly powerful fits of anger, boosting the destructive potential of the "main body.' Could be considered a form of "Possession," and as the spirits are newly absorbed, and not yet completely assimilated by the body, it is possible to be stopped in the same way as possession in humans. (ESPers through raw willpower (Exorcism Strike), Exorcists through certain occult rituals.)
    [Can be triggered after a turn in which the being takes 100+ damage in a single round, or when they reach critical condition. Every turn after activation, boost all offensive stats by 20. However, the ability to avoid attacks is reduced, and RES decreases by 10 each turn. If allowed to go on for long enough, may cause a change in rank for the spirit in question...]

-Pierce-
    [Physical Attacks pierce "Guard."]

-Sky Road-
    [Allows flight. Melee attacks gain severe penalties to success. Makeshift attacks that target airborne opponents (IE. Picking up random things and throwing them) have moderate negative modifiers placed upon them unless the attacker has a skill to back it up. If the target of the Hell Biker's attacks is airborne, the target's RES is treated as 0 for the purpose of battle calculations. Apparently sealed by Miyu.]

Miyu

Name: Fujiwara Miyu
    Character Type: Human, ESPer

ESP

???
    [Reason why the Hell Biker is screwed. Perhaps some sort of gravity manipulation/curse?]
    Exodus (Complete)

Even if the author is silenced, the performance is stilled and the actors leave the stage, the story will never truly end.

Regardless of the form it takes, as long as there are memories of it's existence, the story will continue on.

In a small ward in the heart of a once devastated town, life carries on as it always has...

Because of you.

Please, remember it warmly.

We'll continue to walk down this path for eternity.

Mugen No Sekai

"The Illusion Incomplete Memories Produce Are,

Fleeting, Disappearing into the Future,

Until the Ruins of Yesterday Overflow,

For That Which Falls Only to Rise is Simply a--"

Blog Entries
    Fushigi Sayara
    New Aoyama- Residential District

"Ladies first~?"

Laughing to herself, the other you does not move to rush you, nor does she move to stop Johanna from moving away from the fight into the kitchen, her eyes wide not with fear, but something close to excitement. There's something incredibly unnerving about the other Saya, like watching a rebellious reflection do whatever the hell it wants, but despite the fact she doesn't move to attack you, her eyes never leave your face.

"Well, I suppose I did up you a size as a favor when I took this form... So I would be the real lady here, right?"

While it seems like she just wants to talk right now, there's a line of killing intent, honed to an edge just sharp enough to take your head the instant you lower your guard, present in the room.

Even though this person must be a fake, she's definitely dangerous.

"Of course, letting me go first is a rather gracious handicap... Always wanted to kick my own ass, right? You're way too confident, me."

The girl's knee bends.

It is an attack made with your own skill. The blade's arc, as well as the speed with which it is delivered, are neither inferior to, or superior to, the technique of Fushigi Sayara. It is an attack that is perfectly possible for you to perform, and because of that, it is also an attack that is perfectly possible for you to defend against.

Metal meets metal. The attack of your look-alike is repelled with ease, as is the one that follows that, and the one that follows that...

"I wonder though," forcing you into a stalemate, the other you grins, "Does God even help those who don't actually read the book? I mean, I know it's for the sword and all, but God has a pretty messed up sense of humor. You're just tempting fate every time you use those words, you know~"

Three more clashes, neither of you accomplish anything, the other you retreats just outside the range of your blade, still smiling to herself.

"Okay. I did what I wanted me to do. Your turn to start. Let's see that aggression of yours, Soul Touched~"

...There was definitely something wrong with her... And what was with people taunting you tonight?!

They were honestly just asking for it at this point...
    Last edited by Airen; June 2nd, 2014 at 07:53 PM.
    Exodus (Complete)

Even if the author is silenced, the performance is stilled and the actors leave the stage, the story will never truly end.

Regardless of the form it takes, as long as there are memories of it's existence, the story will continue on.

In a small ward in the heart of a once devastated town, life carries on as it always has...

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Blog Entries
    Fushigi Sayara

"Soul Touched, huh?" Idly musing about my clone's words, I repeat the words aloud so that I can get a good feel for how it sounds, "Never heard of it. But it sounds stupid."

Though I suppose it was fun enough for a little bit, seems like my little friend here has broken character. I mean, how am I supposed to pretend I'm fighting my double when they start talking about this abstract, religious BS in the middle of a fight? Of course I knew she wasn't me to begin with. Perfection can't be duplicated. But come on... She just dropped a big steamer dead in the middle of my party. Now I'll have to actually take her seriously. Terrible.

"And I don't know about your 'God' or whatever, but I can tell you that my dad does have a messed up sense of humor. Putting this stupid lock on my baby like that~" Relaxing my stance for a moment, I bring my sword down and rest it in the palm of my hand. Then, I squeeze, "Me? I don't believe in God. Or your shitty fate, for that matter. Honestly, if either of them exists, they're awfully slack at doing their jobs. ...I just believe in my ability to kick your ass. That's all~"

Releasing my blade, I return it to the ready- my own blood dripping down its edge. Reestablishing my stance thereafter, I set my eyes on the faker and charge. While she may enjoy standing around chatting about philosophy and stuff, I prefer to just get the ball rolling. No words, no pauses. Because if the afterlife is anything like they say it is, we'll have plenty of time to chat then.

My Kagetsu arcs at an impossible angle, aimed right at my clone's vitals. Though it may be true that we're evenly matched... And that she has copied my skill right down to the letter... There is one vital mistake that she made, just trying to one up my snark. And that's, of all things, upping my bust. It may not seem like much, but because the target is me, I know all too well that it's enough. Balance, weight, range of movement, breathing, and pacing... All have been offset because my technique is not tailored to being some top-heavy bimbo. And being able to take advantage of something like this... Well, it's a reward in its own right~
    "I promise nothing." - Sei "Kanra" Slayers
    Resident Sadist. Enjoys stepping and sitting on people.
    Avid lover of butts and anime.

Blog Entries
    Suzume Oshino & Saki Ryuumonbochi
    New Aoyoma, Inside 'Brewed Awakenings'
    Night

Quote Originally Posted by Saki
    "No less from my Master. Your timing is perfect, this Saki Ryuumonbuchi was just filling her head with thoughts of your great conquests!”

"Conquests?"
    Her voice tired and slow, the older woman nonetheless smiled at the show of youthful energy, "Well, it seems like you're alright if you have time to be thinking about that..." Her gaze turning from you to the others, her expression falters for an instant, "But it seems like you have a few wounded as well..."

Quote Originally Posted by Suzume
    "You should lay down for a bit." I wave at her with my glove-covered hands. "The doctor's in, and it looks like you're in need of her."

"No, I'm fine,"
    shaking her head, the blonde haired woman turns towards the broken door, pulling a few slips of what seemed to be paper charms from her pocket as she did so, "Break ups are always messy, but these wounds will heal on their own... Don't waste the medicine on me."

There were multiple, large gashes cut out of the back of her jacket, like someone had attacked her with a knife, and there was a thin trail of blood running down her arm as she reached up to place the charms over the doorway, but she didn't seem too overly concerned about it, despite the fact that the expression on her face twisted into a pained one every-time she moved her body.

"I'd like to say that I came here to take everyone out of this place... But it's too dangerous to move around outside when the miasma is this thick... It... Seems to move you around a bit... An area this haunted isn't always as straightforward as it looks, it took me three hours just to get back here," Talking aloud, the woman herself seemed to be trying to figure out what exactly was going on, "Something similar happened eight years ago... It's best to just wait it out here until the countermeasures department shows up, although that has it's own share of problems..."

Her apparent charms placed along the front of the store, the woman leans back against the wall, and with a deep breath, slowly slides down to the floor.

"It should be fine though, if I rest a bit, I should be able to fix the barrier on the store... So don't worry too much, alright?"
    Last edited by Airen; June 3rd, 2014 at 08:44 PM.
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Blog Entries
    -Hatred gathered.

As it pooled and grew with the passage of time, so did it drag begrudging souls out of their slumber. Those spirits whose lives had been snuffed out in an instant had been left alone to rot in their despair, invisible to the eyes of their loved ones and taken away from them for all of eternity. Unable to pass on, they yearned for something that it was impossible for them to have anymore.

Eventually, their existence grew sour.

In time, they had forgotten the very memory of love.

To those who wallowed in the darkness of the past, dreams and hopes lost meaning, and all that was left was an endless rage. A bitter darkness that clouded their judgment, and made them desire revenge above all else. It was a powerful feeling- A compelling need that drove them to strike out at the remnants of their tragic end.

Their deaths had been unfair.

Their fate had not been just.

If only their killers were all vanquished, then they could find some meaning in their existence…!

-They couldn’t accept it.

A demon like the one who had slain them, who had wrenched them away from all that they had lived for… Its existence would not be tolerated by them. If the living would not act to prevent their cursed selves from prospering, then they would painfully drag that soul into hell themselves.

A righteous desire for justice, muddled by wrath and blinded by the combined grudges of eight years- It guided their hand, and gave them strength to move their agonizing souls together. Rattling the chains that weighed them down to the ground, they set out to vanquish their perceived tormentor…!

And as their blighted existence rose into the sky, soaking the very world with their grudges, hatefully spreading over everything their malice-filled gaze could see… Two small, insignificant obstacles stood in their way. For all they knew or cared, they were of no consequence. With the demon weak, there was nothing that would deny their revenge.

-But.

Just as they believed this, they were also indulgent in their own ignorance. Beyond the size of those obstacles, beyond how small their presence felt, and how easily they could snuff it out, there was still something left there, that they could not understand any longer. Something that only those whose memories had not been blinded could see, and which made them believe that the girl could be saved.

That was--

(BGM off)

William Levilius | HP: 420/420 SP: 500/500
    New Aoyama, Entertainment District
    Night

Ah…”

--Hope.

I could feel it, washing over me. The strength that had been sealed in me by Alice was returning, as small particles of light sparkled around my body. Warmth coursed through me, filling my heart with countless emotions. Though the darkness surrounding us was immense, it could do nothing about the light that was healing my wounds, as if egging me onwards.

Even though there should have been nothing but an oppressive presence and a suffocating air, a soft wind whisked at my body. It blew past me and Alice’s cheeks, whirling protectively around our group and shielding it from the encroaching mud.

I couldn’t move, overwhelmed by the sudden feelings. At that moment, I heard them. They were small, and they could barely be heard over the mournful cries of the evil spirits. But even so, their whispers reached me. Even though I couldn’t hear them with my ears, their feelings reached out to my heart.

-Eh!? You’re wrong, I’m not a pervert… Despite of some of their rude comments, I couldn’t help but feel myself smiling. Alice… All this time, you hadn’t been alone. You just hadn’t remembered… You had forgotten the kind and gentle side that humans could show.

…Keep my promise, huh? ...Of course, you don’t have to tell me that. The small girl that’s crying at me with such a relieved face… There’s no way I’ll let her become a victim of anyone’s grudge.

-Yeah. Leave it to me. I’ll take care of her.

Satisfied, I could feel the spirits parting away. Just as I had placed my trust in them, they had decided to believe in me too. I felt relieved, even though I should’ve already known- No matter how small, there would always be those who would be drawn in to the strength of bonds- Those who kept on believing that everyone could be shown some form of kindness.

That girl, too, had chosen to believe that…

Alice… It’s okay.” Gently holding the shoulders of the girl sobbing at my waist, I kneeled to embrace her. “You’re strong, but you don’t have to be afraid anymore. Nobody should bear every burden by themselves. I promised I would protect you, but more than that…” My arms tightened around her. “You’re not alone. Whenever you want to cry, I’ll make sure to give you my shoulder.”

I waited for her sobbing to recede a little, before I broke the embrace and stood up. “And…” Resting a hand on her head, I gazed down at her, and continued. “Thank you.” Making such a strange comment, I grinned at her with a childish look that everyone had told me looked stupid countless times.

For trusting in an idiot like me.”

-I knew it looked foolish, but I couldn’t lie. My words were always honest, and straightforward in their kindness. From the moment I had opened my mouth, I knew I had been acting stubbornly. But even so, I had refused to go back. Because I wanted to trust in the girl Alice who had fought to protect others out of kindness.

In the end, it wasn’t I who had to accept Alice, but it was me who wanted her acceptance. From the moment I had seen her tears, I couldn’t help but react to her cries, ignoring any kind of distrust or suspicion surrounding the scene. Above all else, I wanted to see the smiling face of that person who looked so lonely.

Really… That’s just how dumb I was.

Even so, I didn’t regret my decision. To that girl who had been shown cruelty, there had been nothing wrong in reaching out to her with my hand. That was what I earnestly believed. For that goal, I would fight to my last breath. If I couldn’t show kindness to a single person, then how could I even believe in my own strength…!

That’s right.

For me, there had never been an option in the first place.

To help out those who were alone, to show them that it was all right to be selfish, to yearn for acceptance…

That was why I had this power, why it gave my dream meaning. All of it, my bright ideals and my unshakeable belief that I could hope for a brighter future, it came from the people who had accepted my existence and placed their own belief in me…!

They were the source of my strength. They accompanied a person beyond life and death, through every struggle and sad moment. More than my ESP, they were inexorably tied to my ability to face my fears and stand up for those who cried out to be protected.

Their name, one that couldn’t be confused for anything else--

(BGM off)

--Bonds.

▂▂▃▃▄▄!!!
    …!

I looked ahead. As it bubbled hatefully, more figures rose from the mud. With empty-looking eyes full of rage, they glared silently at the girl held in my grasp. Their spiteful groans and unintelligible screams promised nothing but pain, and the madness that radiated from their bodies would be frightening to any normal human being.

No, but more worrying than that, there was...

I never imagined that the spirits here would be so full of hate. Aoyama might have looked brand new, but as I expected, old grudges were not so easily forgotten… But why would they be so bent on going after Alice…? Could it have to do with the incident from eight years ago…?

...It seemed there were still a lot of things I didn’t know.

But even so… I knew what I had to do now.

These spirits, whatever their reason was, were angry at this girl who had done them no wrong. If I just let things be, then without a doubt, Alice would be killed. Their numbers were far more than I could estimate, and just the feeling I got from that massive shadow at the distance was enough to make the back of my hairs stand.

But even so, I had made my promise.

And there was no way I was going back on it!

I took a step away from Alice. As I did, I released my glowing hand from her head. At some point, my body had started shining with my spiritual power, which tried to burst from my body. “I see…” It looked like it was about time. There was little chance I would be able to hold back my feelings anymore.

I looked back at Alice with a serious face. “You’re tired, Alice. You should stay close to Izumi. Things are about to get ugly.” With those stern but kind words, I moved on.

Kensuke, I- ...Why are you looking at me like that?” I seriously didn’t expect Kensuke to have such a death glare on. Was he mad because I stepped out alone and left him and Izumi behind...? Or maybe he wasn’t fond of having Alice as part of our group. Well, I was sure I could explain it to him later, so I decided to ignore it for now.

Never mind.” Shaking my head, I turned to look at the rising lumps of spirit mud that were shambling towards us. “This is beyond angry. It’s like they’ve gone insane. It doesn’t look like we can reason with them.” That probably earned a look of stupidity, but I didn’t mind. I’ve reasoned with evil spirits before, but even I could see the impossible when it showed itself right up my face.

I grew irritated. Just what was wrong with them… Didn’t they understand, that this irrational hatred was directed at nothing but an innocent girl!? If they killed her, nothing would change. They would just continue their lamentation, and everything would stay the same.

Didn’t they see that a life could be saved!?

I’ll show them…

I’ll show them just how wrong they are!

I closed my eyes, repeating the same mantra I always told myself before battle.

I look within, into my heart.

To the threads that bind the fates, their radiant glow shining on.

With my hand, I reach out to the light, and I’m asked-

Who is it that you meet, at your destiny?

-At that moment, I flew my eyes open, and answered-

“Everyone.”

-Light.

It gathered, surging from my chest and flowing into my hand. Countless threads formed a double helix that, dancing towards my outstretched hand, began sewing itself into reality. Warmth began to course through my body as the light spread outwards, defying the impenetrable darkness with its spears of radiance.

Feeling the power surge through me, my hand impulsively clenched, and I gripped the solid light that took the shape of a sword’s handle. It held no decoration or design- It was a simple handle, made only so that its master could hold it.

The particles of light intensified in volume as my spirit flowed outwards, not as fog, but as a radiant wind that buffeted the air and blew away at the darkness. In the center of that shining storm, my power finished taking form.

I took a few test swings, moving the blade of spiritual light around with my right hand. Its weight was light, but at the same time its presence was heavy with my feelings and hopes. The darkness gave way as it moved, as if fleeing from its existence. Such was the light’s thickness, that one couldn’t tell where the blade began or where its edge came to an end.

-After all, that wasn’t its true purpose.

The Blade of Dawn was not meant to kill- It was meant to cut open the way.

Finally, I could feel the sword’s power stabilizing. The light that was exploding outwards suddenly dimmed slightly, before it suddenly coiled around me, and snapped with a high-pitched sound. As the rings of light broke, my body became coated in a shimmering white aura.

As the high-pitched roaring of energy settled into a low-intensity hum, I drew the blade to my waist. Finally, I was in position to act. As I took my first steps, my boots left small clouds of light that traced my movements. Moving past Kensuke, I raised my head to glare at the giant shadow in the distance.

I didn’t know where that hatred came from, but I knew that it was wrong. Such a feeling could only lead to sadness. No matter how determined they were to kill Alice, I wouldn’t let that happen.

Even if they were they insane, even if my words could not possibly reach them, I knew-

-That I absolutely could not let them reach Alice…

...Even if I had to beat them all down with my fists until they understood!

It looks like our only option is to fight.” I looked at Kensuke, frowning seriously. “The spirits seem to be concentrated in that giant, so we might not hold this place if it gets too close. That’s why… Leave that guy to me.” Before he could reply, I cut him off. “Don’t worry. I told you, I could protect Izumi, right? Let me show you… The power I spoke of.”

I looked back at Alice then, and nodded. “But in turn, can you take care of the other ones? And by that, I mean… Keep an eye out for her.” I smiled at Kensuke. “Deal?”

Then, I proceeded to do something I’d always wanted to. Walking up to him, I smacked my forearm with his, our hands on opposite sides.

Alright!” I shouted, then turned away from Kensuke. My eyes quickly scanned the battlefield, looking for something I could use to move my way towards the giant. Finally, my eyes rested on the hulls of the cars that floated above the mud. Between that and fallen debris… It wasn’t a safe bet, but it was as good as any.

Readying myself for the jump, I slung the sword over my shoulder and gauged the approximate distance between me and the closest car. As I did, the small clouds of light mist at my feet grew in thickness. My power surging, I took one last glance at Kensuke.

Then, I’ll leave this to you, Kensuke!”

And with that, I was in the air. The wind swirled past me, filtered by the protective light around me. Easily making the jump, my boots soon stepped into firm ground, denting the car’s chassis as they impacted with all of their momentum. There was another high-pitched spike of sound as light spread to dull the impact of the fall.

Standing up straight, I looked at the distance. Surrounded by mud everywhere I could look, as shadows bubbled threateningly under the surface and a behemoth of darkness shambled in the distance. Were it anyone else, they would certainly be filled with despair at this scene.

However, I glared with defiance at the evil spirit that headed my way. No matter how imposing it looked, in my eyes- No, in truth, they were people who had lost their way, and could no longer see straight. Blinded by feelings such as anger, shame, regret, and jealousy, they had been left to rot by the living, and they lashed out without any regard for the others’ feelings…

Get a grip on yourselves…” It was a whisper, but at the same time, it was also a promise. To put an end to this cycle, I had no choice but to move forward. To these people whose intent was misguided…

...I would show them the error of their ways!

“UWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH!” At that moment, I stopped holding back. With a single leap forwards, I was already running up a crashed truck’s cargo, towards a plain building wall. Neither gravity, exhaustion, or evil would stop me.

As I ran up the side of the wall, I jumped to the next car, letting out another burst of spiritual energy. Without letting my legs rest, I moved on to the next object I could use as a platform. There was no moment to hesitation. With every second, I could get closer to my destination.

Evil spirits… Just try to face me!

I’ll swing past you… With all my power!

Wise up!
    Strength: 30 (C)
    Vitality: 30 (C)
    Agility: 30 (C)
    Dexterity: 30 (C)
    Resistance: 30 (C)
    Spirit: 50 (A)

Major Perk - Overflowing Spirit:
    William's soul is constantly flowing with spirit energy, fruit of his intense feelings of hope. His spirit constantly surges forth, refilling despite the lack of other spirits affecting him. Though it is not infinite and can run out, it is very unlikely that William's spirit will ever fall so low that it will take in evil spirits.
    [Effect 1: Grants "Spirit Surge," action. See: Other Actions section for details]
    [Effect 3: When targeted by an attack or effect that would reduce the value of William's SPI, flip a coin. If heads, the effect is negated, and William's SPI increases by 10 for the remainder of the fight.]

ESP - Reimei no Tsurugi / Blade of Dawn
    William is able to manifest his feelings of hope in the form of a crystallized blade, called the Blade of Dawn. This blade surges in power with his own spirit, and covers him with a brightly growing aura. This aura serves a protective barrier that lessens damage and also repels evil spirits. [???]
    [ESP Ability. Forms a blade of spiritual energy, that can be used for both attack and defense. When attacking with the sword, SPI is added to STR to determine attack value. SP Cost: 40 per turn]
    [Passive. So long as the sword is equipped, damage taken from spiritual attacks is reduced by 20%]
    [Passive. So long as the sword is equipped, Spirits of D class or lower cannot harm William.]
    [???]
    Last edited by Erlkonig; June 5th, 2014 at 07:05 PM.
    Arthur-san is my waifu
    [20:57] frantic: I can't even remember what opinions I actually hold about the thing compared to shit I made up to piss people off
    [17:13] Airen: Its not an airen character unless gay

Blog Entries
    Fushigi Sayara
    Saya's House

Hinging your attack on the words of your clone, as well as the changed body confirmed by your own eyes, you move forward to claim your clone's life in a single blow. It seemed that the two of you possessed the same amount of skill, but in trying to mess with your head, the woman had definitely made an opening that could be taken advantage of-!

"..."

The girl's expression changes ever so slightly as you approach, her mind working out what you're doing the very moment your blade starts to arc. As someone who seemingly possesses your intelligence, if not your wit, it is not something that is unexpected, but it is far too late for the girl to counter you. In the span of a second, the ability to "mimic," is no longer possible, and it becomes clear that your blade will reach her neck before her blade reaches you.

Eyes harden, and instead of countering, the girl moves back slightly, moving her head out of the range of your blade, while putting her arm up in the way of your sword to slow it.

Saya? takes 40 Damage

The result is as expected.

Despite the fact she was an apparition, something similar to blood flies through the air into your eyes as Kagetsu tears through her phantasmal form. Despite her existence as something non-human, the light of the holy sword cannot be denied, and despite the fact that, for an instant, you can't see her counter well because of the blood like miasma in your face, you are confident in your ability to both avoid it, and finish her off before she recovers.

However...

"..."

The thing that appears to strike you is not the copied Kagetsu, but a familiar looking hand, balled into a fist.

This is not one of your attacks.

It is not being delivered at your speed, nor with any of your skill. It's something different, a fist crackling with red lightning that comes straight for your head at a speed the unarmed you should not possess. It's not an attack that is necessarily impossible to dodge, but having prepped yourself to avoid "yourself," your mind changes tactics a heartbeat too late, and the only thing you can do is cross one arm in front of your face to take the hit.

Saya takes 25 Damage.
    Saya? holds back?

Your back hits the wall with a painful bang, and a feeling like lightning shoots up your spine, but the spirit that had been copying your form just a moment ago does not charge to take advantage of the moment, and for the first time, you get a good look at exactly what changed about her.

Namely, she's not you anymore.

"Hey Boss~ You're kind of a freak you know, trying to take your own head so casually~"

"...What the... hell..."

Behind you, Johanna's first line since the start of the fight effectively sums up your own feelings on the matter.

----

Saya/Johanna?

Last edited by Airen; June 5th, 2014 at 11:49 PM.
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Gläubig müssen die nicht sein, daran glauben müssen sie I3uster's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Suzume Oshino
    Night

"It should be fine though, if I rest a bit, I should be able to fix the barrier on the store... So don't worry too much, alright?"
    "Our new acquaintance here is half molten and Megumi nearly got her shoulder ripped off, so I don't know if I can promise you that." A smile undermines the concerned look I have had before.

Thick miasma means there'll be more attacks, no doubt about it. Barring the entrances here is going to give us a good defensive advantage...or lock us up in the middle of who-knows-how-many spirits. I try not to think too much about it, but still I feel uneasy. Not like we have any alternatives either. More than half of our party here is pretty badly injured. We're not the only ones who can put up a fight, but if it comes down to it only and Saki and me are fully combat ready.

Not a good situation. Better get everybody ready for nasty surprises before they happen.

"Megumi...are you alright?" Sure, she has said that her wounds will heal themselves. The bit of basic care we provided was probably not really necessary, but you never know with spirit wounds.

But the wound wasn't what concerned me.

"For a second you seemed kind of out there in that fight. Everything okay?"

"And Liane..." I turn to the other woman. "First, sorry for taking your stuff. Second, you have anything that helps our friend here a bit better than lukewarm water? He helped us a bit so I'd prefer if he makes it through this."
    [04:55] Lianru: i3uster is actuallly quite cute

Blog Entries
    Watanabe Tomoya
    Outside 'For Pete's Sake', New Aoyama
    Night

"Making a spirit barrier."

It was far too blunt an answer, and while it was certainly possible, the man didn't give off any sort of spiritual presence, so for a moment, you found it hard to believe.

Despite the fact that you yourself were someone who had known about the existence of ghosts and monsters from a young age, there was still a sense of realism and secrecy that people like you, exorcists and espers, liked to maintain in your day to day life in, a facade of "Normalcy," that allowed you to live as a normal person... But even with that, there were still ways to tell who was spiritually aware, and who was not, differences in aura, seeing if their eyes moved at the sight of weak remnants, things like that...

This guy however... Was currently impossible to read... Which in itself was suspicious.

Which was odd, because when you normally saw him at the bar, he was laughing with a bottle in front of him and a date in each arm, living the kind of surreal life that couldn't help but draw attention to itself.

"Don't worry, I'm not gonna touch your bar," placing the shaft of the spear against the ground for a moment, the man leans on it like a walking stick, a small smile crossing his face as he correctly guessed your intentions, "The building's not gonna get sucked into darkness or anything. I wouldn't be strong enough to do that even if I wanted too, I'm just trying to keep the ghosts out. We're holding the fort here, right?" Laughing, the man reached into his pocket and removed a cigarette, "Just figured I'd do everyone a favor and try to keep something like that skeleton from coming around here again; with this many people here we're just asking for a good supernatural beating." The man sighed, then, "Same kinda thing happened eight years ago... We're in for a rough night, barkeep."

Lighting the cigarette with a snap of his fingers, the man's gaze grows distant as he looks at the rustling crowd in the bar.

"Damn it Kenji! Sleeping through the fight, are you serious?! Someone could have died-!"

"Don't act like it didn't knock you out too! And besides, if it was that serious, you could've woken me up!"

"No! No I really couldn't! You sleep like you're in a goddamn coma!"

Seemed Maiya had finally woken up Kenji... And from what you could see and hear, the two of them had burst into some sort of argument.

"..."

The man had grown silent, so you briefly pondered going back to talk with them, but at the same time, this guy seemed to know some things about what was going on...
    Last edited by Airen; June 9th, 2014 at 07:20 PM.
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Blog Entries
    Saki Ryuumonbochi
    New Aoyoma, 'Brewed Awakenings'
    Night

HP: 335 SP: 410 RP: 100

"Saki, you mind trying to, uh…”
    Reflexively snapping her neck to face the one who had called her name, Saki shot out an immediate response of ‘my lord’ to address Suzume, who seemed to be searching for the right way to word her next request. It wasn’t uncommon for Suzume to have to think before she spoke, the older girl was indisputably less decisive than the younger girl who insisted on serving her. Despite that, it wasn’t often that Suzume hesitated to give her orders, which more often than not more like requests than absolute directions for Saki to follow.

Saki liked that about her servitude. It gave her leeway to work with whenever Suzume gave her something to do.

Still, the way Suzume hesitated piqued the younger girl’s curiosity, and she stared expectantly in anticipation for her new task.

"...c-can you remove this guys clothes? Get a scissor or something if necessary. We'll have to look at the burns."
    The two young girls, having been together for quite some time, knew each other well. Of course, Saki was more than familiar with Suzume’s sense of modesty, and her own consideration for the modesty of others.

“Kaha!” Yet that consideration never failed to amuse. “Ever the innocent maiden, my lord! Very well.”

Enthusiastically snatching a pair of trauma shears from the opened first aid kit, Saki hummed her way over to the unconscious man on the floor.

“An excellent opportunity to inspect my handiwork, after all.” Saki said, barely containing her excitement at the prospect of examining the burns she had inflicted. There was a glint of obsession behind Saki’s eyes as she kneeled down beside the man and carefully began cutting open his clothes, revealing his charred body. Rather than steeling herself to stoically confront the severe injuries of the man Saki instead smothered out any concern for his injuries with her own fascination with her powers, and the results they bore.

“Ooh, this canvas has been painted wonderfully in the color of Sañjīva.” Fully exposing the man’s upper body, Saki pushed aside the now tattered remains of his shirt. Tracing the burn marks down the man’s chest with a pair of wide, fascinated eyes, Saki moved down to the man’s pants. A mischievous grin turned back to Suzume as Saki positioned the scissors to begin cutting the man’s pants. “My lord, shouldn’t you be watching? You have you tend to his injuries after all~”

Returning to her work with a giggle, Saki sliced open the man’s pants, revealing even more burnt flesh. Oblivious, or rather indifferent, to the invasion of privacy Saki fully removed the man’s pants.

“You’ll have to look sooner or later, my lord. You can’t treat him with your eyes closed.” Saki chimed out, humming as she pushed the last of the man’s clothes aside to join the rest of his outfit, leaving him lying stark naked on the floor. Turning back to Suzume with a smile Saki brought the shears up, giving them a playful snip at the air as she spoke. “But I don’t blame you. I don’t enjoy undressing men either.” Neither a lie, nor the truth. There was no hiding that the girl had fully enjoyed cutting the man’s clothes away to expose his burnt body, though the reason for that enjoyment lay solely in the fact that the man’s body had been charred by her own hand.

Saki snipped the air again playfully, her impish smile honing in on Liane for a moment. “I would much rather cut my way to a more refined, feminine canvas than this.”

Blog Entries
    Night

"Megumi...are you alright? For a second you seemed kind of out there in that fight. Everything okay?"
    "It's... Nothing to worry about," speaking up for the first time since Liane had arrived, it seemed the woman had just come out of the same "stunned," state she had lapsed into during the fight with the Wendigo, "Just a curse. Nothing anyone can do about it." Sounding surprisingly calm despite the fact she had admitted to being cursed, the woman smiles at you with oddly blank eyes, "It's a bit hard for me to see, admittedly, but it should fade with time."

"And Liane..." I turn to the other woman. "First, sorry for taking your stuff. Second, you have anything that helps our friend here a bit better than lukewarm water? He helped us a bit so I'd prefer if he makes it through this."
    "It's fine," eyes still closed, the young woman had raised a single arm to her wounded shoulder, "You took it because you wanted to help that guy, right? I can't really get mad at that... Although, I'm afraid that's all the medical supplies I had here. I don't normally need them myself you see... I suppose having a body capable of regenerating makes you careless... We''ll just have to make do with what we have... I'll help, just give me a sec..."

Still sitting with her back to the wall, cuts on her pants, as well as the skin of her legs, became visible... Deep gashes, like the ones on her back...

How was she still moving around...?

It was amazing resilience, even for a Child of the Kyuubi.

Pulling herself to her feet as Saki began cutting away at the man's clothes, the woman's expression was a distant, pained one... Until a certain comment of the younger girl reached her ears.

Quote Originally Posted by Saki
    “I would much rather cut my way to a more refined, feminine canvas than this.”
    A momentary pause.

A single blink.

Then a clear laugh, a pretty, bell-like sound, came from the young shop owner.

"I'm flattered," smiling now, the woman kneeled down next to the two of you, reaching for the first aid kit with clearer eyes, "But you're way too nice~ My hair is messed up, and there are cuts all over my face, not to mention the rest of my body." Another clear laugh, not a mocking one, but a sincerely flattered one, "I definitely don't look too good right now. But it's cute of you to say so~ Haven't had anyone compliment me in awhile."

Still smiling, the girl looked over the wounded body of the boy without flinching. She was an adult, so it wasn't too odd for her reaction to the sight of the naked man to be completely nonchalant, but even the sight of his wounds, second degree burns on his chest mixed with what seemed to be claw and bite marks on his arms, wasn't enough to make her flinch at all.

"Burns, and... claw wounds, huh? You guys must have been busy while I was gone. Anything happen I should know about?"

It seemed she wanted to talk to pass the time.

Winking once at Suzume, the girl's mischievous grin resurfaced, piercing through the pain of her wounds as the laughter had before.

"I'll do the bottom half if you're embarrassed."

...Seemed she still had it in her to tease as well.
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Koga Ran
    New Aoyoma, Streets
    Night

To me, there's nothing more painful than being unable to protect others. I'm a Koga, someone who was born to safeguard the lives of others. In order to fulfill my purpose, even my body moves on its own... However, there are times when that just isn't enough. The spirit took full advantage of the element of surprise and used it to strike right at my weak spot. Fujiwara-san was hit and thrown into a building, and I was unable to do anything to stop it. It wasn't just a normal attack either, I can tell that much, it managed to pierce through Fujiwara-san's defenses as if they weren't even there to begin with. In the end, that's the only thing that matters.

Because Hell Rider misunderstood... It attacked us in the wrong order. Yes, it is true that his actions have brought me despair, but it only takes a moment for me to dispel said negative emotion. I am the owner of a volatile power which heavily depends on the user's emotional state, it goes without saying that I've trained for years to master it and retain my focus even during the worst scenarios. I can recover faster from my shock than the beast can recover from its own attack...

Furthermore, I might be a shield but I am not incapable of causing harm. I won't use this time to lament the falling of my comrade; instead I'll take advantage of the opening she has created to strike true in order to take down my foe once and for all. Had Hell Rider continued to attack me time and time again, it might have succeeded eventually. However, in attacking my ally he has made a terrible mistake... The subconscious restraints I've placed in my fighting style are removed in an instant and any sign of mercy engraved in my blows disappears. Technique and pride remain but respect is discarded entirely. To humor him, what he has done isn't even close to something that could truly make me despair. As I've said, he got us in the wrong order. He should have taken me down first...

I don't even allow him to finish the sentence. From the beginning of this match I haven't listened to a word the malicious spirit has said, nor have I addressed him with my words. It's because I see him as an enemy, and I've been taught not to talk to them. In opening his mouth to speak... He has already underestimated me.

"..."

I don't fear the fire, nor his bike, nor death, nor the spirits that surround him. I am fearless. Using the difference in speed in my favor, I close the distance between us in the blink of an eye. Charging my fist with Spirit Power, I shoot a punch with tremendous force at my enemy. From now on, he has two choices: Either give up and be banished to the afterlife... Or resist and receive a harsher punishment.

-------

Exorcism Strike + High Counter
    Last edited by hero; June 13th, 2014 at 03:56 PM.
    [18:30] RacingeR: Max S.Link with hero is when you promise your daughter to him
    [18:31] RacingeR: Which means Airen and me are the only ones that maxed it (I promised Spin to him, and Spin is my daughter)
    [18:32] hero: oh shit
    [18:32] hero: spincess get
    [18:32] hero: suck it fuckers

Blog Entries
    William Levilius
    New Aoyama, Entertainment District
    Night

It was definitely a reckless charge.

Cloaked in an aura of light, and armed with a sword forged from your emotions, there was absolutely no hesitation in your body as you moved forward, leaping out into a sea of darkness as a small, but brilliant spark of light. To the spirits watching your move, it was something that they regarded as foolish, no matter how strong you were, you were simply a single person, charging into Legion, a powerful soul, true, but even the mightiest of opponents could be overcome through sheer numbers.

Nearing the distant giant, the instant your foot touches the hood of a car, the next stop on your journey to knock some sense into those who had long abandoned sanity, hands, shadow-like limbs of darkness rise up to grasp your ankles, to drag your existence, kicking and screaming into the darkness.

Yes.

Regardless of how weak these beings were individually in comparison to you, there was no reason they shouldn't be able to drag you into darkness if they all attacked at once.

And yet-

The instant their hands reached out to you, they faded away into nothing.

Claws fashioned from hate, limbs of shadow that lacked a body, screaming faces, distorted shapes-!

None of them could touch you.

Despite the fact that darkness was closing in from all sides, the one light, the solitary existence of William Levilius, was not something that could be snuffed out by any common darkness. Those individual lamentations, personal dark desires, small violences born from insanity-!

For the sake of your promises, your friends, and even those who opposed you now... Someone like you could simply not afford to be stopped by such things.

Straight forward, throwing yourself against adversity, until the very end.

That was the only way to cut open the path to Dawn.

Heart of Legion Takes 90 HP Damage.

The giant, despite it's imposing figure, held absolutely no resistance to the blade formed by your soul. Light cut through darkness, the arm of the giant disappeared beneath the light of your sword, and for an instant, the whispering voices grow silent, curious, eternally curious, as to the power that had just cleaved straight through their collective body.

Eight years ago, someone's wish had changed the world, and created humans capable of felling the gods themselves.

This was the first time they had fought such a being... But not the first time they had seen such a being fight.

With the battlefield being the way it was, it was necessary for you to jump to attack your opponent if you wanted to avoid the mud, and in addition, the number of places in which you could safely land was also down to a mere handful of options, three cars, the window of a nearby building, or a single lamp post. Instinctively aware that a counter was coming, you had surged forth for only a single strike, seeking to retreat and come back again, rather than continue the assault with your current momentum...

It should work.

The strength behind the Blade of Dawn was not something that could just be shrugged off, even a God, as rare as they were to see these days, should stumble from taking an attack filled with such emotions, but-

(BGM off)

"#%_(*@!!!"

Hatred can drive monsters to do impossible things.

Calling out to you in one, unintelligible voice, the giant, ignoring the frail shadows around it, tears it's arm through the mud and up at your airborne body, grabbing ahold of your form with an unrepentant hand, snatching you out of the air an instant before you reached your chosen landing spot.

The light has not faded, but unlike the others, this is a being that can stand to oppose you directly.

A feeling like acid soaks through to your arms, but the pain is not enough to dull your fighting spirit.

You had already decided to keep your promise, to protect Alice, to prove to this enemy that nothing would change from harming those who still alive.

Even if they killed Alice, they wouldn't come back.

The tragedy of eight years ago could not be taken back.

The lives lost had been tragic, but people had moved on, not because they wanted to, but because that was the only way to honor those who had fallen on that day.

These spirits did not understand that.

And if they continued on like this-!

Driven on by your emotions once more, you got a single arm free from the being's grip-

Only to feel yourself be pulled down, into the shallow darkness that felt so much like a sea of despair.

---

Intermission
    Nimura Kensuke
    "Trust"

"Got it."

The kid was an idiot, but for one reason or another, Nimura Kensuke hadn't been able to find it in him to shoot down the boy's request.

A chance to show one's power, the sincere desire to prove yourself to others.

He understood that feeling, and perhaps, because he was curious about the boy's potential himself, he had decided to allow it.

The Giant in the distance, the boy's opponent, was easily an A-Rank spirit, while it's size was the most obvious indicator for that, the feeling it gave off, an oppressive aura that brought about 'despair,' in the living around it, was the clearest indicator as to how powerful it really was.

Of course, the boy challenging it was a Child of the Kyuubi, so in that sense, the monster did not necessarily outclass him.

Of course, all of these thoughts were more or less irrelevant to his own situation at the moment.

(BGM On)

"Traitor..."

Countless wraiths were converging on this position, thankfully all from the front, in the same direction as the distant giant.

"Alright then..."

Seemingly unworried, the boy looks back at Izumi and the new girl, Alice, and, while his expression is scary at first, for a brief instant-

"You two stay put... They won't be getting past here."

-He smiled.

Stepping forward, hand on the hilt of his sword, there were many thoughts running through the young man's head.

How long it had been since someone had entrusted their back to him like this? Eight years?

The kid was far too trusting, they had just met.

Another smile.

Still, even if it reminded him of his past... He couldn't hate that naive trust.

"DiediediediedieDieDieKENSUKE-!"

Harsh commands, unrestrained whispers, the sound of his own name.

How long had it been since he had seen a world this spiritually distorted?

The answer to all the questions was the same...

Eight years.

"Sorry."

A white aura, like that of the boy who had charged the beast, surrounds the one hailed as the "Exorcist of Revolution."

"There's no way I'm going to hell... Without taking all of you with me."

His voice calm, but his soul roaring in defiance, the greatest spirit sword was unleashed on the world once more.

----

William takes 49 HP Damage.

The moment your eyes disappear beneath the surface of the mud, the only thing you can see is an endless blackness.

To call this mud a curse would be both an understatement, and an overstatement.

A curse was something created to harm others, a manifestation of ill will towards a 'target.'

This was-

Die

savesaveussaveussaveussaveuspleasesaveussaveus

No hope

False light

End of existence

I'm sorry

This was never supposed to happen

A beast, larger than anything, roaring in the skies above Tokyo.

Endless tears, condemnation of the human race.

This is the fate that cannot be avoided.

Absorb the filth.

Absorb the filth.

Absorb the filth.

-Something that lashed out at absolutely everything in this world.

An impossible pain fills your body.

Stealing away your warmth, the mud both burns you and freezes you as countless spirits tear at your form, ripping the life, the one thing you had that they did not, from your body.

Yes.

Even if you hadn't been a Child of the Kyuubi, you would have understood what was happening here.

They wanted in.

A living body that had willingly wandered into their grasp.

How long....

How long had they waited for this?!

It was all coming about, revenge, a body with which to take that revenge, a body with which they crush the whole world-!

They wanted in.

They would force their way in-!

It's a pain that invades from all senses.

Somehow, even just looking at it makes you want to scream. Voices in your ears that describe impossible pains, relentless fates, the absolute destiny of all those murdered eight years ago by the culmination of human misery.

This is not something a single person you should see.

Knowledge of hundreds of lives, their meanings, snuffed out in an instant by something far greater than them, is knowledge that comes with a price, countless hands ripping at your soul, what makes "William," William, that it almost makes you wish you were dead.

Two seconds.

That's how long you've been down there.

You don't know how you know this, but it's simply a fact that appears in your mind.

Lifetimes worth of suffering... In an instant.

It should break you.

This was one thing that they were confident about.

The minute you had been grasped by them, the battle had been destined to end in their favor, however...

Possession attempt negated.
    Spirit Debuff negated, William's SPI rises to A+ (70)
    William gains 50 SP

You simply...

Cannot fall here.

The numb body shows a spark of life, but even so... It is difficult for you to move...

"Come on-!"

"Get out of that mud already! You're stronger than this."

"Don't give up!"

Once more, voices like that of a white wind.

They no longer have the strength to help directly, but even so, they call out to you once more. There's no purpose to it, it is simply someone calling out to encourage someone else...

But perhaps... That is enough...

Your foot hits something solid.

The ground, a place to grip...

A place to leap out of this damn mud.

It wasn't over yet.

Not by a long shot.

----

Heart of Legion

Class: A-Rank Spirit
    Disposition: Insane, Violent

Stats

Strength: ???
    Vitality: ???
    Agility: ???
    Dexterity: 50 (A)
    Resistance: 0 (It's Shit)
    Spirit: 80 (A+)

-Hatred of Eight Years-
    A "black lake," made up of spiritual bodies. Dense enough that the spirits making it up are capable of replicating natural disasters, it is a lake where life is crushed by "Hatred,", and everything becomes part of the "Collective." Normal humans are killed instantly, while exorcists and ESPers seem to be able to resist it for short periods of time, however, whether this is because they are naturally resistant, or simply because they are being spared because they have suitable host bodies, is unknown... Spirits befriended by William and Alice seem to have reduced the power of this ability somewhat, however, it is still notably dangerous.
    [Creates a "Black Lake," on the battlefield, that ensnares those it touches, and does SPI damage for every turn they remain inside of the mud. The mud can be broken through an individual, or combined (friends can help) attack effort of 100 STR/SPI/STR+SPI.]
    [Random chance of inflicting status ailments (including possession) on those caught in the mud.]
    [Spawns wraiths[...]
    Last edited by Airen; June 15th, 2014 at 12:19 AM.
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Blog Entries
    Suzume Oshino
    Night

"It's a bit hard for me to see, admittedly, but it should fade with time."
    "If you need any help, please say so."

Wonderful. Sight is the most important sense in a combat situation. So we are even worse off than I have thought. Not good.

Combat, combat, combat. I should worry a bit more about her well-being than just how well she can fight. This whole ordeal here is pushing me on the edge. She does not seem to fear too much for herself, but she understands the situation we are in.

"Please take care of yourself, Megumi. You're strong, but nobody just walks injuries like yours off, and if we're attacked again while you're still this hurt...please hold back. You don't know Saki and me for too long, but you should not push yourself in this state."

I give her a reassuring smile.

"We can take a scratch or two. Not to mention we need the experience if that job offer is still standing. To idiots, pain is the best teacher after all."

"We''ll just have to make do with what we have... I'll help, just give me a sec..."
    Now I am concerned, more than I was before anyway. Then again if this guy showed us anything it is that he's a fighter. A stupid one perhaps, but a fighter nonetheless.

"I hope he'll be fine. He'd certainly enjoy this whole thing a lot more if he was awake. Not enough pain in this world to make three girls caring for you a negative experience."

"I definitely don't look too good right now. But it's cute of you to say so~ Haven't had anyone compliment me in awhile."
    Yes, those are certainly words someone who does not know Saki well enough would say. She would probably think you'd be prettier covered in blood. Maybe a few guts too, for emphasis.

"Burns, and... claw wounds, huh? You guys must have been busy while I was gone. Anything happen I should know about?"
    "I'm sure Saki would be thrilled to recount the events for you, but the gist of it is that there was a Wendigo, and that fire is more area denial than precision weaponry."

I nudge Saki a bit. Surely she will make this sound like something to write a poem about. Or maybe compose a song. I guess I should ask if there's musical talent among us once this whole situation winds down.

"I'll do the bottom half if you're embarrassed."
    And I turn red.

"W-why would I be? But y-yes, sure. You have s-stronger hands and...stuff...I mean...yes..."

Blog Entries
    Saki Ryuumonbuchi
    Night

"But you're way too nice~ My hair is messed up, and there are cuts all over my face, not to mention the rest of my body. I definitely don't look too good right now. But it's cute of you to say so~ Haven't had anyone compliment me in awhile."
    “Nonsense, Master.” Shuffling away from the now naked man, Saki moved aside to get out of the way of the others about to treat him. Under normal circumstances it would only be natural for the girl to offer, or rather insist, that she handle the treatment for Suzume, but when the wounds were inflicted by she herself, Saki found it to be rather a shame to treat them all. That man’s burns were a testament to her ability. For Saki Ryuumonbuchi, treating them with her own hands would be like shunning her power.

“That kind of beauty is superficial.” Still smiling, Saki crossed one leg over the other as she settled into her new spot on the floor. Tilting her head to emphasize her smile, Saki looked back up to Liane. “To navigate the miasma outside for three hours alone and return standing, even as wounded as you are, Master, is the true form of beauty.”

A sincere compliment. The normal standards for which beauty are judged held no value to the innocent girl sitting on the floor.

A soft nudge cut the girl off as she began to open her mouth to explain true beauty, and Saki turned to see that Suzume was signaling for her to explain what had happened during their venture outside.

“If only we had woke sooner, Master.” Shaking her head and closing her eyes as if recalling a great mistake or tragedy, Saki spoke. “Because my lord and I were so slow to escape the Dreamland that we were trapped in we were forced to make due with a mere Wendigo for an enemy.” Stopping her nodding, Saki opened her eyes that beamed a tiny glint of happiness that contradicted the way she portrayed the group’s actions as regretful. “Well, naturally I dispatched the pathetic whelp and its sad ‘blizzard’ with my flames and a little help from Megumi onee-san, but not before my lord calmed the creature’s heart. That was when,” pausing, Saki nodded to the man on the floor. “He interfered and got caught in my overwhelming attack.”

There was no hint of regret for having hit the man as Saki spoke. The girl’s voice was colored with enthusiasm as she recounted the fight. Nor was there any consideration for Megumi’s opinion of Saki choosing to call her ‘onee-san.’ The privileged, queer mind of Saki Ryuumonbuchi simply didn’t register such thoughts as concerns.

Blog Entries
    Koga Ran
    New Aoyoma, Streets
    Night

Moving not as the shield, but as the sword for the first time in the fight, there is absolutely no hesitation in your movements. Your anger is controlled, sharpened to an edge that seeks only to punish the one who had harmed someone you had decided to protect. Despite the fact that you were probably the more powerful one here, a hunter finally cornering it's prey, the Biker's grin remained condescending, watching you approach in the same way a human would watch a bug, futilely struggling to defeat something far greater than itself.

Even still, you do not achknowledge it's emotions, nor it's thoughts.

It is something that would simply grow more powerful if you were to do so.

Many different types of folklore, all across the world believed that acknowledging a vengeful spirit would do nothing but increase it's power.

This wasn't entirely true, acknowledging them simply meant that they would be drawn to you, but even still, it was the traditional practice to simply not speak with them once they became hostile.

There was nothing the biker could do to get away.

It's form seemingly weakened by your fallen ally, there is none of the supernatural speed from before, just that same condescending grin that you move to crush with your fist-!

Ba-Dump.

It's as your fist reaches the body of the spirit, that something becomes apparent to you.

Something was wrong here.

The spirit had been slowed by Miyu, but it hadn't been stunned.

It should still be able to move a bit, enough to attempt to evade you at least, and even if that was impossible, it could at least prepare itself to hit you in the aftermath...

But it does not.

---That same feeling of death washes over you again.

Your body urges you to turn aside, to cease your assault and pull back... But your realization comes a moment too late.

Hell Biker takes 58 HP Damage.
    Positive benefits of Shadow Rampage negated.

Your hand sinks into the flames of it's body... Only for something, a feeling like many hands, to grab it and keep you from pulling it back, even as arms grip you in a painless embrace.

"...!"

While you had blown away the spirits it had called to aid itself... There was still a large, volatile mass of spirit power here... Almost as if it was purposefully taking everything it had, and preparing to use itself like a bomb...!

---Let's all get to hell at double time.

It's words come back to you.

It had been a trap with two layers.

As someone who didn't run away, as well as a foolish human who would want to avenge their friend, the spirit had figured you would have done one of two things.

Either you attack it, and get stuck to it... Or you allow it to absorb others, and thus reach a state in which you could be killed....

Either way... It had set you up to take the fall in your next few moments... There was time, perhaps, for one more attack, but your body was pretty much pinned...

"Fun, right?"

It's grip growing tighter, you-

Spoiler:

Stats

As an already composite being, the pull malevolent spirits have over others of their own kind is notable. As those who are malevolent 'radiate,' that malevolence to everything around them, it is not particularly uncommon for other, smaller vengeful spirits to be drawn in by particularly powerful fits of anger, boosting the destructive potential of the "main body.' Could be considered a form of "Possession," and as the spirits are newly absorbed, and not yet completely assimilated by the body, it is possible to be stopped in the same way as possession in humans. (ESPers through raw willpower (Exorcism Strike), Exorcists through certain occult rituals.)
    [Can be triggered after a turn in which the being takes 100+ damage in a single round, or when they reach critical condition. Every turn after activation, boost all offensive stats by 20. However, the ability to avoid attacks is reduced, and RES decreases by 10 each turn. If allowed to go on for long enough, may cause a change in rank for the spirit in question...]

-Pierce-

-Sky Road-
    [Allows flight. Melee attacks gain severe penalties to success. Makeshift attacks that target airborne opponents (IE. Picking up random things and throwing them) have moderate negative modifiers placed upon them unless the attacker has a skill to back it up. If the target of the Hell Biker's attacks is airborne, the target's RES is treated as 0 for the purpose of battle calculations. Apparently sealed by Miyu.]

-Last Resort-
    [Some sort of self sacrificial explosion? Seems to have to charge for a few turns before doing it, but who knows~]
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Blog Entries
    Night

"Wendigo?" Sounding genuinely surprised, Liane, who had been mere moments away from continuing her teasing of Suzume, paused at the revelation of the spirit's identity, seemingly concerned for reasons you couldn't quite follow, "That's not something you see in Japan very often..."

Her now troubled expression vanished as quickly as it appeared, so quickly that, for an instant, you weren't sure if it had existed at all, but her eyes closed in thought, you could still feel something close to "worry," emanating from her.

"Ah well,"
    shaking her head, the teasing smile reappeared as you literally felt her shove those worries aside, "So, my reckless student accidentally blasted this guy eh...?" Having seemingly embraced the title of Master, the woman set to work on the worst of the gashes on the fallen exorcist's leg, a roll of bandages in her right hand, "These burns are pretty serious... You've got some serious firepower... But aiming might be something I should teach..."

Seemingly doing her best to bring a positive atmosphere back to the group, Liane dragged Suzume into the medical procedures without a hint of hesitation, and following her directions, as well as what little innate knowledge you had, you manage to disinfect the shallower wounds, stop the worst of the bleeding, and apply some sort of odd white ointment to the burns on the front of his body as a measure against pain... But there's a definite limit to what you can do here, the medical supplies aren't very numerous, and by the time you finish everything possible, there is absolutely nothing left in the small white kit.

Even so...

Michio recovers 50 HP (Current Value = 37 HP)

He seems to be the sturdy sort, and while he remained unconscious throughout most of the treatment, at the end, when Liane disappeared into the back and returned with a blanket to cover up his exposed body with, his right hand starts to twitch...

And golden eyes peer out at you all, eyes glazed over to the point that it almost seemed like he was dreaming, but open all the same.

If he had been fighting the Wendigo, perhaps he had the same curse as Megumi...?

"Where... Am I...?"

Voice quiet, the man doesn't seem to notice you despite the fact that he's looking right at you.

"Damn, I let it get away..."

Quite the driven one, this guy.

He was even trying to stand despite the fact his newly bandaged body was still in shambles. Of course, Megumi, who by her own admission couldn't really see anymore, seemed to be tinkering with her laptop again, and Liane, whose wounds were by no means light, had disappeared into the back of the store again in search of something... Perhaps you were merely surrounded by people who didn't consider personal wounds to be too big of a deal. Outside, the fog had yet to lighten up, but nothing, not even the white eyes you had seen in the past, appeared to break up the endless darkness outside the long glass windows.

For some reason, it felt safe in here again.

...But something told you this peace was temporary at best.

Still, even if it was just for a moment, it was important to relax a bit when you had the chance.
    Last edited by Airen; June 22nd, 2014 at 10:30 PM.
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Blog Entries
    Suzume Oshino
    Night

"Where... Am I...?"
    A good question. In his situation I would have probably wondered the same, but an answer that gives him a location that he might not be familiar with would be useless.

"Safe. You're safe. This place should hold out for a while longer, so there's no need to strain yourself." I try my best to give him an honest smile, pushing eventual concerns into the back of my consciousness for just a second.

This is a good development at least. We are now at least mobile should the worst really come to pass. Not very, but with a bit of assistance and urgency he will probably be able to at least hobble away.

"Damn, I let it get away..."
    "If you mean the Wendigo, that one is only a bad memory now. Saki over here turned it to ashes, with your help of course. I'd like to thank you for that by the way...you're...?"

Maybe a bit of light conversation will help him come to his senses, even if he wasn't exactly dressed to talk to a lady.

"And Liane, we can't help you fortify this place a bit, can we? I have the feeling that we might need it if help does not come on time."

It was hard to shake this feeling off, and considering the young man just woke up I considered not voicing my concerns. But there is no reason to let our guard down, and neither should he.

Watanabe Tomoya
    Outside 'For Pete's Sake', New Aoyama
    Night

"Making a spirit barrier."

Well, that's a rather bare-bones statement, think you can give me anymore exposition on that?

But in all seriousness, I was getting a weird vibe off this guy, I mean, this side of town gets a bunch of weirdos and new-agey types, but even they'd try and have a bit of subtlety or something. This guy, just 'bam', straight out.

Plus I couldn't read this guy at all, I mean I'm no identification expert to just know things on the fly, but I've learned a thing or two over the years, not even spiritually, I'm talking as a barkeep, you learn to read people, seperate the hardcore drinkers from the social drinkers, piece out the alcoholics, stuff like that.

This guy wasn't giving me jack shit. And that gave me the heebee-jeebees, this was the guy who'd look like he was living the dream with a lady in each arm, like he's just won tickets to the Playboy Mansion.

I must've been giving him the eye pretty hard, because he leaned that spear on the ground like a walking stick and gave me a little smile, "Don't worry, I'm not gonna touch your bar."

That made me ease back a bit, maybe I was being a bit overprotective after the bar had just had the front wall ripped off like a ramen cover.

The guy went on, some of that laughing face that hung with the ladies making itself evident, "The building's not gonna get sucked into darkness or anything. I wouldn't be strong enough to do that even if I wanted too, I'm just trying to keep the ghosts out. We're holding the fort here, right?"

He laughed a bit, fishing a cigarette from his pocket, "Just figured I'd do everyone a favor and try to keep something like that skeleton from coming around here again; with this many people here we're just asking for a good supernatural beating."

I gave him another look at that, did he know something about this?

He paused for a moment, then sighed, "Same kinda thing happened eight years ago... We're in for a rough night, barkeep."

Eight years ago... When the Kyuubi attacked.

I can still remember the screams, the panic, trying to get my brother inside, feeling so useless, I could knock a whole pack of shitheads to their mommy's bed, but I couldn't do jack-squat about this dumb fucking monster killing everyone.

I couldn't take it, I ran out, running up to the roof, trying to do something, anything, to- I don't even know, make it go away, do something about it.

Look, I was what, 16? You're kinda dumb back then, and I was a pretty dumb, impulsive kid.

It didn't matter, after I went up to the roof it's all kind of vague, but it ended up with me being able to toss medium-sized cars around. So I guess it turned out alright.

I sighed. No, no it didn't.

I heard shouting from the bar, "Damn it Kenji! Sleeping through the fight, are you serious?! Someone could have died-!"

"Don't act like it didn't knock you out too! And besides, if it was that serious, you could've woken me up!"A moderately sleepy-sounding voice responded irritably.

Guess Kenji decided to rise from the grave after everything had already ended.

"No! No I really couldn't! You sleep like you're in a goddamn coma!"

I snorted, "Ah, young love."

I looked back towards the crowd, amused, but turned towards my new acquaintance with a frown, "Eight years ago, the same thing happened? Don't wanna come off like a cop, but do you know something about.." I waved a hand broadly, encompassing the darkness of the night fully in one sweeping gesture, "All this?"
    Last edited by Mormarth; June 25th, 2014 at 04:58 PM.

Koga Ran
    New Aoyoma, Streets
    Night

"..."

Though this spirit and I may be polar opposites, it does seem like we have one thing in common. That's something that became clear to me with the last exchange. To be willing to abandon your life if it means carrying out your purpose... That's something I can relate to. Indeed, the thought of freeing myself never crosses my mind.

Even if I manage to land a hit and create some distance between us, it won't change the fact that I do not know how big of an explosion I'll be dealing with. I may not be able to reach Tachibana-san before Hell Rider's body detonates, let alone put her out of harm's way. As a Koga, I can't take risks when it comes to the life of my client... This is not a game for me. Therefore, there is only one option available... Like a soldier who jumps at a grenade to save their teammates, I'll pin my enemy down and contain the explosion as much as possible, so my teammate can survive and carry on the mission she was issued. I am confident that even if something unexpected happens and I end up leaving her alone, it will not be a fatal mistake... I trust her judgment and I know she'll find a way.

"Then, Sayonara..."
    Using his grip on my arm as an advantage, I pounce on the flaming skeleton, with the full weight of my body behind the attack. It's like a tackle, except I am taking both the two-wheeled vehicle its driver with me. "...Spirit of rage."

However, a contradiction is born from within me in the last second, albeit not one that I did not expect. I might be a Koga first, but my human nature comes right after. It's only natural then that while Koga Ran is perfectly willing to throw her life away for Tachibana Kimiko, she'll keep fighting against death until that moment arrives. That instinct of survival is accompanied with a desire not to be acknowledged but to be of use... If there is a chance that Koga Ran can continue to serve her purpose after this event, she will seek that chance, no matter how small it might be.

I trap the rider under the weight of its own bike and use my body to lock him there so he won't escape in time. There is only one certainty in this battle... Just an instant from now, the spirit of hell will be no more. There's no way for him to survive his own explosion... He has accepted death in exchange for the possibility of killing at least one person... And in the end his bet may pay off. But there is still one obstacle he has yet to go through before arriving at the goal...

---Me.

Not just the Koga Ran who excels at Martial Arts and knows how to keep her cool... The curse buried into her body nine years ago... That's a part of her too.

My emotions soar high and my body temperature along with it. Desires and frustration are thrown together into a violent mix as I recall my past mistakes and the things I've lost. My existence makes a 180 degree turn, from someone who let's go of the past in order to move on and tries not to think much of the future, to someone to holds on to those things in order to survive one more day. I don't hesitate to protect my life with my psychic power, something that was conceived to hurt others.

I'm ignited in flames in the blink of an eye. It takes no more than that for everything in my immediate area to catch fire as well, my clothes not immune to this effect. The one thing that'll remain is a suit tailored especially for me. But that is not important...

"Die."

In my final moments, I stare at the empty eye sockets of my opponent, as if to carve my own resolve in that void.

-------
    Wise Up!
    Kouri no Hi Yasashi Oukoku- Ice Fire Gentle Kingdom
    The nature of Koga Ran’s psychic power allows her to manipulate her body temperature via emotions. Though initially unstable, Ran has managed to gain a great amount of control over it lately by performing several anger-management exercises. Even so, Kouri no Hi Yasashi Oukoku will always be an ability that will hurt others indiscriminately. Once her body temperature raises up or drops down to certain level, it starts affecting the environment around her, harming both friends and foes alike. This usually happens when, for some reason, Ran grows extremely angry. At this point, the heat or cold is such that flames or ice can be generated. As both cold and heat are triggered by the same emotion, it can be said that ‘there are two ways to piss Koga off’. Normally, however, when Ran uses her power, she does her best to hold back, using her psychic power to merely empower her already deadly martial arts.
    [Passive. When Heat Aura is active. Damage taken from heat-related attacks is reduced by 50%]
    Last edited by hero; June 25th, 2014 at 03:37 PM.
    [18:30] RacingeR: Max S.Link with hero is when you promise your daughter to him
    [18:31] RacingeR: Which means Airen and me are the only ones that maxed it (I promised Spin to him, and Spin is my daughter)
    [18:32] hero: oh shit
    [18:32] hero: spincess get
    [18:32] hero: suck it fuckers

Blog Entries
    Koga Ran
    New Aoyoma, Streets
    Night

Hell Biker takes 58 HP Damage.

It's the absolute last thing the being expects you to do.

You do not struggle for your life, nor do you cry out for it to let you go, or for someone to come save you. As someone who places the value of the mission, of your client, of your allies before yourself, the only course of action available to you is to slam the enemy to the ground and pin it with your own body, do your best to limit the damage to you and only you. It is this shock, as well as your own strength, that makes it impossible for the spirit to escape it's own death grip.

This is not the ending it wanted.

As an apparition, so long as the area around it wasn't purified, even if it's form was destroyed, it could simply reform later on in this city.

It had died once already, so using it's life as the bargaining chip to kill you all was something it could accept with relative ease.

But you did not have that experience, death was something that would be new to 'Koga Ran,' and yet...

"Die."

You faced it without fear.

Your soul flared with your emotions, the power, the curse that had shaped you into what you were today flared up with it, and the flames of two souls mingled in this last embrace.

"...Good Eyes."

The last smirk it gave you was an undeniably human one. Not twisted or insane, but the last smile of someone who saw something they hadn't expected...

Perhaps, in the end, it had been impressed....

Hell Biker has been slain.
    Koga Ran takes 60 HP Damage

Your vision whites out as a wave of fire strikes you, and even though your right arm disappears, torn from it's socket by the sheer trauma of being in the center of the flame burst, the rest of your body is simply launched into the air, shielded somewhat by your power, but stunned by the sheer force behind the attack. It is an attack that would have killed a human instantly, and even as the sort of ascended being you were, it is still an attack that cannot be ignored, if it had been anything more than a burst of fire... If there had been any sort of shrapnel in the explosion, it may have been enough to end even your life... But...

The Children of the Kyuubi could regenerate. So long as they were not killed instantly, so long as the soul could still reside in it's body, they could stand back up again with an unharmed body if given enough time...

That didn't change the fact that it hurt immensely.

Your nerves are shot, and staring as intently as you had been at the creature, your eyes had probably been burned out as well...

You know that you're falling. The sound of rushing wind in your ears is proof enough of that, but you cannot tell exactly how high you went, or whether or not the others were still okay...

"Idiot-!"

Someone's voice.

There's a low buzzing sound in your ears, but even still, you think you can recognize it as Kimiko...

Your body hits something. Not the ground, something warmer than that... Something softer...

"Fujiwara, we need to get her out of here-!"

"Yeah, I know, come on the car should still-"

Ah.

They were okay.

Blacking out, you couldn't help but smile to yourself...

---

Darkness.

Waking up would have felt like being reborn... If not for the fact that everything about you hurt.

Sightless eyes opening to a world they could not yet see, the first thing you were aware of was the gentle thrum of a car. The vibrations agitated your wounded body somewhat, and the sharp feeling of needles erupted in what seemed to be your right arm, eliciting a small jump from your body...

Even though you thought of it as a curse, in times like this, you couldn't help but feel grateful for having this sort of body...

"Hey. Awake huh?"

Kimiko's voice again, coming from somewhere close by...

"That was way too reckless. Explain."

An obvious tone of disapproval, coming from right above your head...

...Were you laying in her lap again?

Your eyes had yet to recover all the way... You were starting to be able to see little shadows... But for now it seemed you'd have to rely on your ears...

---
    Hell Biker

Stats

-Pierce-

-Sky Road-

-Last Resort-
    [Spirit Ability. Requires at least a single turn of prep. During that turn, the user cannot avoid attacks, and cannot use Guard Commands other than "Normal." Attack ignores the three common Guard Commands, and deals SPIx3 damage to all nearby opponents. Cost: All remaining HP of the user.]
    Last edited by Airen; June 26th, 2014 at 02:44 PM.
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai