Page 7 of 165 FirstFirst ... 256789121757107 ... LastLast

Thread: Ga Rei: Exodus Nine (IC)

The Time-Governing Twelve Covenants Airen's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Watanabe Tomoya
    Outside 'For Pete's Sake', New Aoyama
    Night

"I have my theories," taking another drag from the cigarette, the man grimaced for a moment, as if the taste of it was off, "I thought it was the Kyuubi at first... But I was here eight years ago... That Spirit Fox isn't subtle enough to stay out of sight this long, and well," smirking again, the man holds out a single arm, pointing into the bar at what seemed to be Kenji, "That kid has one of the stones necessary to summon the fox... If you don't have all nine, you can't call it out, so as bad as things are, it's probably not the Kyuubi."

Gaze growing distant, the man sighed once more, before tossing the cigarette on the ground and casually grinding it beneath the heel of his shoe.

"Of course, there are a few things in the city that are about as bad as the fox..." laughing in a hollow way, the man continues his story with a calm voice, "In the park for instance, there's this really ridiculous guy sealed beneath the stone monument... I guess you could call it a Demon King?" Another bitter laugh, "Although I believe it's also referred to as the Tengu? It's just like the fox; it's massive, we can't kill it, and it wants to destroy everything it comes across... And then there are the Children of the Kyuubi...Some of them... Aren't quite as attached to their humanity as the majority are... So I suppose one of them could kick-start something like this if they really wanted to."

Sighing again, the man looked off into the fog covered streets, his expression still as unreadable as ever.

"Then again, maybe no one caused this," turning back to the task he had taken before you arrived, the man started sketching symbols into the floor again, "Perhaps this is just the way the world ends?"

He said it almost like he thought it was unavoidable...

For some reason...

That sort of resigned tone of voice didn't sit well with you.
    Exodus (Complete)

Even if the author is silenced, the performance is stilled and the actors leave the stage, the story will never truly end.

Regardless of the form it takes, as long as there are memories of it's existence, the story will continue on.

In a small ward in the heart of a once devastated town, life carries on as it always has...

Because of you.

Please, remember it warmly.

We'll continue to walk down this path for eternity.

Mugen No Sekai

"The Illusion Incomplete Memories Produce Are,

Fleeting, Disappearing into the Future,

Until the Ruins of Yesterday Overflow,

For That Which Falls Only to Rise is Simply a--"

Blog Entries
    Suzume Oshino
    New Aoyoma, Inside 'Brewed Awakenings'
    Night

"...Nakahara Michio," seemingly unaware of his current state of dress, the man continued his attempts to stand, eyes still worryingly blank, "I work for the..." one hand raising to his forehead, he paused for a moment, as if he was having trouble keeping his thoughts straight, "...PDCH."

"An agent? I thought you looked familiar~"

Still putting on her carefree persona, despite the tension you could feel beneath her thoughts, Liane returned from her rummaging in the back, having replaced her torn apart clothing with more casual attire, her expression remaining completely at ease despite the fact those jeans of hers were probably agitating her wounds...

Then again... While you just got a brief glimpse of her arms as she walked in, her arms going through the sleeves of a black jacket, it seemed like she was the fast sort of healer...

"You said your name was Michio?" smiling at the man in what you now knew was her usually friendly way, the slight teasing edge in her voice reappeared as she tossed him a set of black pants and a blue shirt, "I don't have any male clothing besides store uniforms, so sorry... Let me know if you need help getting into it."

"And Liane, we can't help you fortify this place a bit, can we? I have the feeling that we might need it if help does not come on time."
    "Hmmm? There's not much to fortify, the only reason the charms failed last time was because..." her expression darkening slightly as she looked to the side, her pleasant tone faded just a bit, "The girl who broke in here still had her body... Not really a ghost, so there's not much we can do about that... Hard to stop monsters with just doors... But I'll deal with whatever shows up, so don't worry too much about it."

The confidence that radiated off of her was genuine, despite the slight worry buried underneath.

Seemed she had faith in her own abilities at least.
    Last edited by Airen; June 26th, 2014 at 07:44 PM.
    Exodus (Complete)

Even if the author is silenced, the performance is stilled and the actors leave the stage, the story will never truly end.

Regardless of the form it takes, as long as there are memories of it's existence, the story will continue on.

In a small ward in the heart of a once devastated town, life carries on as it always has...

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Blog Entries
    Saki Ryuumonbuchi
    New Aoyama, Inside 'Brewed Awakenings'
    Night

Spotting the pants and shirt that Liane had tossed toward Michio, Saki snatched the clothes out of the air before they could reach the man. With an impassive glare Saki stared at Michio for a moment, still in the midst of trying to force himself to his feet. In defiance of Saki's power that had put him in this condition Michio still tried to stand, as if to spite her power. This man, already wounded and weak before even taking the full brunt of Saki's strength, his persistence on standing, his insistence to act as if the attack he had taken was but a warm summer breeze. This man's actions could only be one thing.

An intolerable insult.

Suddenly lunging forward, Saki pressed the shirt and pants, both bundled together in her right hand, into Michio's chest, forcing him backward. Intentionally adding more than the needed strength to return the man to his resting state, Saki shoved the clothes onto his burnt body. The sudden display of force and the fabric pushing onto his burns with so much strength would be more than enough to cause his wounds to ache. That pain would be the lesson that Saki taught to Nakahara Michio.

"You are to stay there." Bringing her hand back Saki left the clothes on the man's chest, his back pressed down to the floor once more. Looming above him, Saki looked down to Michio for a moment as her lips slowly turned into a smile. A sinister, unsettling smile that promised a worse punishment for the man if he decided to try to stand up again. A few locks of hair dangled down to to the man's cheeks as Saki leaned toward his face, still smiling.

"Don't hesitate to ask for help if you have trouble getting dressed." In an uncharacteristically gentle tone, a stark contrast to the unforgiving smile she wore, Saki extended the same 'offer' that Liane had.

Blog Entries
    Saki Ryuumonbuchi
    Night

For a moment there is nothing but silence.

In spite of his wounds, as well as the darkness plaguing his mind, the actions of Saki Ryuumonbuchi are clearly felt by Nakahara Michio. The forceful shove of his sore body to the floor, the unsettling smile that he could barely see through the hazy world of his vision, and the final, apparent 180 turn in the girl's personality as the girl repeated the same offer the older woman had...

To be honest, the young man had no real idea how to respond to such a thing; on one hand, he was not the type that could easily accept just laying down while others worked, the world was in turmoil, and if he could stand, he would stand, and yet...

Could he really... Afford to stand right now...?

"...I can do it on my own."

This atmosphere....

Surrounded by women on all sides, one of whom seemed ready and even eager to get violent if he so much as stood up...

Confused, tired, and hurt, in the end, the boy simply shrunk down beneath the blankets in a vaguely self-conscious sort of way.

They could win this time.

This time.

"...Can I at least stand up to put on the pants?"

The question was punctuated not only by Liane's sudden giggling in the background, but a sudden chuckle from Megumi as well.
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Watanabe Tomoya
    Night

The guy took a drag from his cigarette, grimacing, couldn't blame him, it's a nasty habit.

"I have my theories, I thought it was the Kyuubi at first... But I was here eight years ago... That Spirit Fox isn't subtle enough to stay out of sight this long, and well..."

He pointed towards the bar, to the pair arguing within, "That kid has one of the stones necessary to summon the fox... If you don't have all nine, you can't call it out, so as bad as things are, it's probably not the Kyuubi."

One of the stones necessary to summon that thing? So, would that mean that...

Yeah, it seems like it'd be safe to assume that someone'd summoned it back then, too.

They'd better not be still existing in this world, for their sake.

But still, Kenji's got one of those things, huh. Wonder where he got it.

The guy went on, grinding his now-deposited cancer stick on the ground as he did so, "Of course, there are a few things in the city that are about as bad as the fox..."

I waited for him to go on, patiently listening with a practiced ease.

"In the park for instance, there's this really ridiculous guy sealed beneath the stone monument... I guess you could call it a Demon King?"

What.

"Although I believe it's also referred to as the Tengu? It's just like the fox; it's massive, we can't kill it, and it wants to destroy everything it comes across..."

Well, yippee then, not like there's enough shit going on in this damn city, now there's some big-dick badass lurking underground wanting to just start whipping out Hulkamania on everything.

"And then there are the Children of the Kyuubi...Some of them... Aren't quite as attached to their humanity as the majority are... So I suppose one of them could kick-start something like this if they really wanted to."

I froze, Children of the Kyuubi. Like me. It's possible that someone like me caused this mess because what, they want to eat the world? They got off their Livejournals for five minutes to cry about how life's not worth living and just start killing everything?

I spat off to the side, that kinda talk makes me sick. How there's no point in trying to go one, this is just the way things are, nothing we can do.

"Then again, maybe no one caused this, perhaps this is just the way the world ends?"

He turned towards his symbols on the ground again, sketching out symbols.

I ground my teeth, think of the devil.

"You really believe that fatalist stuff? That the world will just end, no rhyme no reason, just, poof. Gone. Because that's the way things are." I took a breath for a moment, I didn't need to blow up at this guy for just speaking his mind.

"Well, I'm of the opinion there's a reason for everything, there's a cause and an effect, this is the effect, what's the cause? 'Sides, you heard that stuff on the TV. This isn't just happening because it is, someone spoke, someone knew."

I snorted, "And you've probably noticed, I'm a stubborn little tick, I'm not the kind of guy to just lie down and take it. Call it macho, call it dumb, it's probably both. But that's the way I am. And if this is the way the world's going to end, then I'm going to spit in its eye and call its bluff. Because I never stopped being a stupid, stubborn teenager."

I blinked, "And I'm sorry, I never got your name. I'm Watanabe Tomoya, you probably knew that, but I'm dumb in polite conversation, too much of a meathead."

Blog Entries
    Saki Ryuumonbuchi
    Night

"...Can I at least stand up to put on the pants?"
    “I’ll allow it.” Pulling back from her position above Michio, Saki returned to where she had been sitting before she had decided to intervene with the man’s actions. Yet despite giving the wounded man his space Saki still smiled down to him, partly to keep up the pressure she had put on him before, but also genuinely as she pictured the way Michio had sunk into the blankets when faced with her.

Her words had clearly hit the mark; the man now understood exactly who he was dealing with. The girl in front of him was none other than Saki Ryuumonbuchi, the Floral Flame, one of the Queens of the Underworld. At her beck and call were uncountable minions who lived to carry out her will. To oppose the words, to oppose the will of such a person would be tantamount to suicide.

However, to merely allow him to stand after what she had said would be too lenient. Too easy. It would be as if she had suddenly changed her mind, and the promise of pain from before was nothing but empty words, simply hot air with no meaning.

A condition had to be laid out to allow Nakahara Michio to stand, even if only for a moment.

Of course it wouldn’t have to be something like owing Saki anything or doing her any sort of favor. The girl had no need for such things, much less from someone like him who had been felled so easily by just one of her attacks, even if he had been weakened prior to being hit.

No, the condition would have to be something fitting. For Michio to stand, even out of necessity, even only momentarily, would wound the girl’s pride. So, Michio must pay in pride of his own.

“However,” that sinister smile seemed to grow into true evil as Saki’s eyes focused on Michio’s covered body. One could swear that behind Saki Ryuumonbuchi a torii had been erected, and through it one could see the vast malice that the girl directed at the young man.

A kimon. A gate of evil. Through that evil gate burned the dark will of Saki Ryuumonbuchi, taking the form of a black flame.

“You may stand to dress yourself, but no turning away to hide anything.”

Blog Entries
    Watanabe Tomoya
    Night

For a moment, there is nothing but silence at your explosion. The man listened quietly to your words, as you had to his, and even though you stop and introduce yourself after it's all over with a small, indirect apology, the man still does not say anything in response.

But, after the silence finally reaches the point of being awkward...

"Spit in it's eye and call it's bluff huh...? That's not a bad answer."

The man grins even as he continues to work relentlessly on the sigils.

"The name's Noriyuki Izuna. I'm an..." pausing for a moment as if unsure about what he was, he finishes with a shrug, "...Information Broker."

Had he been testing you somehow?

The resigned tone to his words had faded completely with your response, and while there was a certain hint of something you couldn't identify in his words, he didn't seem quite as obviously depressed about the situation at hand...

"There are always people like you running around when things like this happen,"
    so saying, the man didn't sound exasperated, it was the sort of tone that made you think he was reciting facts, "Eight years ago it was some reckless kid with a sword, and a shrine maiden and her blonde friend... Always someone who won't just stand back and let fate do what it pleases... They always manage to change things, but at the same time, they almost always manage to curse themselves too. Strength always comes at a price."

Was he warning you...?

"Well barkeep, I'm gonna just keep at this for now, play my part in this little stubborn parade. Humans won't go quietly and all that,"
    smirking again, the man continued without looking at you, "Watch out for that Kenji kid. He fights using that stone, it'll come back to bite him if he keeps using it."

A casual warning, but one that held some serious weight.
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Blog Entries
    William Levilius | HP: 371/420 SP: 500/500 RP: 100/100
    New Aoyama, Entertainment District
    Night

Visions of death invaded my mind.

Inside the vast expanse of darkness that I had sunk into, all that existed was the call of the dead. The hollow voices of those who had met their end eight years ago rang through my mind, attempting to erode my soul as images of their demise flashed through my eyes for what felt like an eternity. Their despair was presented to me in a distorted, warped hue- The full brunt of their suffering was brought out as they filled my head with forbidden knowledge.

As apocalyptic landscapes of blood-splattered streets and scorched corpses raced through my sight, I could hear the pained whispers of the vengeful spirits as they attempted to prod inside my self.

"Why hope, when despair is all that's left for us?"
    The croaking voice of an old man, bitter at the merciless fate cast down on him.

"Why protect her, when she will become a monster!?" The anguished hisses of a woman left behind by her family and friends, her child wrenched from her bosom.

"Why resist, when we are all fated to die?"The emotionless intonations of a young man, the love of his life having disappeared into nothingness before his very eyes.

An immense pain rocked my head, as their words clawed at my heart and soul. Their sadness was unlike anything I had ever felt before. I had seen people who had lost everything before... But never had I felt such concentrated despair before. Having experienced so much suffering... I could see why their hatred was so powerful now.

Even so...

"Accept us. We will bring this curse to an end." The combined echo of a thousand souls whispered hauntingly behind my ear. Any lesser man would have succumbed by then. To claim revenge for all the souls lost eight years ago... It was a powerful compulsion. Having experienced the end of the world itself, it was only logical that my feelings would coincide with their rage.

However, that was not something that would happen in this situation.

...!

As their consciousness attempted to flood my own, I rejected them all with a single pulse of my soul. Like rushing water, my spirit flowed around theirs and flushed it back, restoring my mental clarity.

"Impossible! How can this be...!?"
    The dark spirits roared in defiance, trying to push past the light that blocked their way, but every time they tried it would reject them back.

In their rage, their formless essences pushed against my body, wracking it with pain in an attempt to weaken my spirit. However, little by little, I could feel my strength returning.

I took a single step forwards, pushing against the hateful sludge that tried to bar my movement. In a way, I felt sorry for them.This rage was all they had left to use against the world that had punished them unjustly. Without a doubt, the spirits that made up Legion surely included once good people, like my brother.

However, the way they were reaching out was wrong. These vengeful, agonizing cries were not something I could accept as they were.

I had a promise to fulfill, after all.

Paying no mind to the ear-splitting cries of Legion, I focused inwardly, taking my consciousness into the depths of my mind. At my side, Dawn pulsated warmly. Behind my closed eyelids, the pulsing red and black of the spirits' hateful energy surrounded all my senses, almost swallowing them up.

However, I focused past all that, towards the faint cries that I had heard just a few moments ago.

It was like a white wind, one that could only be felt by the imperceptible movements of hair, yet in my eyes it was a milky strand that was reaching out to me, trying to do something in vain against the endless darkness that surrounded me.

I narrowed down my senses, focusing solely on that impossibly thin string.

"Come on-!"

"Get out of that mud already! You're stronger than this."

"Don't give up!"

It was faint, but I could hear them. They could do nothing but egg me on, but inside my heart I felt satisfied, as if that was enough. At my side, the sword that would cut open the way gleamed almost threateningly with its light.

(BGM off)

--I ceased all movements.

Hearing the other spirits' voices had been enough for me to regain my own senses. The voices of the vengeful spirits finally fell to the background, as I listened to Dawn's quiet rhythm.

Reaching at the bond that had let me connect to the spirits outside this curse, I took another step forwards. With fate as my direction, I advanced at an agonizingly slow pace, pushing against the constant attacks of the evil spirits.

Their weight was impossibly heavy. It should be impossible for me to move. At the rate I was going, I would probably exhaust all my forces.

However, just as I thought that-

-My soul finally grasped at the hope I knew would come.

The battlefield that surrounded Legion was desolate.

As the monster roamed through the tall, abandoned buildings of Aoyama, an ocean of darkness swallowed everything below. The pitch black sky took a hateful red glow from the concentrated hatred that flooded the streets, carrying the voices of the damned and washing away the bodies of the dead. Even the objects that broke through the mud's surface looked decayed and worn by the despair of a thousand souls.

Not a single light shone in that battlefield, other than the empty gaze of the towering monster. It shambled forwards, its boneless form slushing around the corners of buildings to fit between the space that restricted it. It roared in an eldritch voice that lacked any warmth, promising only rage and everlasting pain.

The insect that had stood up to defy it could no longer get in his way. As it anticipated the moment its revenge would come, the monster grew anxious. It directed its gaze towards the only empty spot where its darkness could not reach, where even now a white wind buffeted against the encroaching sludge.

Preparing itself to take down the rest of the humans and destroy the demon, it prepared to advance-

Glint

-However, it shuddered to a halt the moment it felt something. It was very faint, but its presence was undeniable. The vengeful spirit was forced to turn its gaze elsewhere, scanning the battlefield for the source of the disturbance.

Its eyes finally a settled on a spot like any other in the ocean of darkness.

However...

At that moment, it happened.

Light.

It was almost an illusion, but it steadily became brighter and brighter. Twinkling blue light shone through the sea of curses, causing countless ripples to spread across its surface. The light pulsed through the mud, forming a white-hot circle of light that seemed to push against an invisible wall, causing the surface of the sludge to contort around it.

-And finally, that wall broke.

The mud lost its integrity, being repulsed by the light's incredible strength and escaping from its grasp in waves, as if afraid. A tiny figure enveloped in that light leapt from the vast ocean of darkness, landing in one of the platforms strewn across the battlefield.

William Levilius opened his eyes, once again staring at the familiar streets of Aoyama. A clear halo of light surrounded him, Dawn's intensity having grown twice as bright as it had been before. His clothes were singed, and part of his body faintly smoked with the stain of the vengeful spirits' wrath, but his gaze was as resolute as always and the brightness in his eyes hadn't dulled in the slightest.

Responding to the cold air, a few slivers of mud that had remained on William's body trembled. Having lost most of their substance, all they remained as were feelings of petty hatred and anger. However, they could still attempt to choke the life out of the Child before them, and use him as an outlet for their revenge.

-However, it was useless.

With a single pulse from Dawn, all the leftover mud vanished. A flash of light and a muffled screech of simple rage marked their end.

-Their darkness could no longer reach him.

William smiled down at Dawn, silently passing his gratitude. Then, he turned back towards the Heart of Legion with a determined look on his face. Having experienced the hatred of 'Legion', he could see why the monster desired to exact revenge. However, the visions the monster had shared with him also convinced William that the spirit was wrong in his actions.

By knowing its grudge, William could finally reach out to find the 'answer' that he needed to defeat the endless rage that possessed these spirits...!

There was no meaning in taking an innocent person's life, even if the grudge that drove one was fathomless in its gravity. Somehow, William had to prove this to these spirits who drowned in their own rage. It seemed like an impossible task.

However...

For the sake of those important to him, William would openly accept such a challenge.

"Haa..." William sighed, letting his spirit flow like mist from his body as he assumed a stance. His glowing eyes were narrowed in resolution, and his hand gripped the sword resting on his hip. The Blade of Dawn flashed, waiting to be drawn.

"Light... come."

As William drew his sword and held it up, the light around him swelled in volume. Concentrated particles of light started to pour into Dawn, turning its edge into the very embodiment of radiance. William grit his teeth, sweating as he felt all of his power being poured into his blade. The aura that was pooling on the sword's surface was like a raging typhoon of photons.

As a halo of light formed around his sword, William turned his glare up, towards the creature facing him. If he got caught again, then it was likely he wouldn't escape so easily from the mud again. However, at the same time, William knew that taking down the Heart of Legion was the key to being able to face against the gathered hatred of eight years.

Despite his knowledge having changed, William's objective remained the same. Even if the answer had become clear, the path still lead down the same road. However, he could see now- The darkness that obstacled it remained steep.

That was why...

...He would have to entrust all his power to the Blade of Dawn, so that the light of daybreak could cut open the way to the Legion's true heart!

Hoisting his sword up, William's eyes flared. "I'll show you the depth of your mistakes! Dawn, release all your power... and cut open a path of light! Take... THIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIISSS!" Putting all his weight behind his sword arm, William swung Dawn with enough strength to cleave through thick concrete.

At that moment-

Dawn came.

From William's tiny form, a great arc of light surged forwards. It defied any grudge, any sort of darkness that impeded its way. It split apart any part of the mud it touched, its light guiding nothing but feelings that carried hope and warmth. It repelled the rotten stench of the air, leaving behind only the fresh air of morning.

It was light itself. It was the herald of daybreak.

Brushing past all grudges and hateful feelings, its sole purpose was to bring the splendor of life to those bound by their own suffering. It was not a slash- it was complete severance from pain.

The manifestation of dawn raced towards its opponent- The Heart of Legion, a spirit of vengeance that could only see darkness in its future. Hopefully, this light would reach out to that target. However, even if it didn't, William would not falter. Grounding his stance where he was, he braced all his muscles as he prepared to face the spirit once again.

He would not budge from this spot.

The infinite light of dawn would no longer budge against the weight of a mistaken blow.

"I'm not done yet... I definitely... will protect them!"

The blade of light that raced towards the Heart of Legion... Surely, it carried those feelings as well.

---

Actions Taken: Blade of Dawn (Long-Range Attack), Defend (20 RP)

Wise up!

Strength: 30 (C)
    Vitality: 30 (C)
    Agility: 30 (C)
    Dexterity: 30 (C)
    Resistance: 30 (C)
    Spirit: 50 (A)

Major Perk - Overflowing Spirit:
    William's soul is constantly flowing with spirit energy, fruit of his intense feelings of hope. His spirit constantly surges forth, refilling despite the lack of other spirits affecting him. Though it is not infinite and can run out, it is very unlikely that William's spirit will ever fall so low that it will take in evil spirits.
    [Effect 1: Grants "Spirit Surge," action. See: Other Actions section for details]
    [Effect 2: The first time William falls under the conditions for "Spiritual Possession," the possession attempt is negated, and his SP rises by 50.]
    [Effect 3: When targeted by an attack or effect that would reduce the value of William's SPI, flip a coin. If heads, the effect is negated, and William's SPI increases by 10 for the remainder of the fight.]

ESP - Reimei no Tsurugi / Blade of Dawn
    William is able to manifest his feelings of hope in the form of a crystallized blade, called the Blade of Dawn. This blade surges in power with his own spirit, and covers him with a brightly growing aura. This aura serves a protective barrier that lessens damage and also repels evil spirits. William can also channel his aura through the blade, and use it to expel a powerful wave of spirit energy up to a long range.
    [ESP Ability. Forms a blade of spiritual energy, that can be used for both attack and defense. When attacking with the sword, SPI is added to STR to determine attack value. SP Cost: 40 per turn]
    [Passive. So long as the sword is equipped, damage taken from spiritual attacks is reduced by 20%]
    [Passive. So long as the sword is equipped, Spirits of D class or lower cannot harm William.]
    [ESP Ability. Long range "wave" attacks become possible to make with the sword. These attacks do 1.5xSPI damage, and have a small chance of stun. Cost: 30 SP]

Arthur-san is my waifu
    [20:57] frantic: I can't even remember what opinions I actually hold about the thing compared to shit I made up to piss people off
    [17:13] Airen: Its not an airen character unless gay

Blog Entries
    Saki Ryuumonbuchi & Suzume Oshino
    Night

"Tch..."

Staring outside at the falling snow, for a time, that light sound of dismissal is the only sound made by Nakahara Michio.

For one reason or another, the introduction of 'conditions,' seemed to ignite the young man's fighting spirit despite his earlier submission. Perhaps it was a temporary strength born only from embarrassment, or perhaps it was his blood catching fire as it often did, but the self-conscious expression on the boy's face turns to one of defiance. In a way, even if it wasn't something you had meant to do, and had come about as a result of your innate desire to bully, it seemed you had gotten the young man's mind off of the situation at hand...

"Look, I'm sure you all have already seen everything, so just let me get dressed in peace. There's no time to goof around here, and I'm going to have enough nightmares about tonight as it is...!"

With remarkable agility for a man so wounded, the crimson haired exorcist rolls backwards, the blanket rising into the air to mask his movements even as he rises to his feet, putting on the black trousers in the most over-dramatic way possible. For a moment, he smirks at you, a small defiant smile that tells you you can take your conditions and suck it, the sort of look a little kid would give to someone they had bested in some sort of game.

Of course, he underestimates exactly how serious you were about punishment.

But before you can make good on your silent promises...

"Well hey, a bunch of monsters playing human... This is disgustingly cute."

A voice, that of another young man, shatters the reclaimed 'positive' atmosphere of the coffee shop.

"Come on, what is this, some sort of party? People like us should be outside, it's a hell of a night right now."

He had appeared without anyone noticing him, standing outside the shop without a care in the world, speaking through the broken glass of the door as if it was something he did every day... A trial with no real difficulty.

His voice and height made it clear he was a teenager, probably nineteen or so, and with his hands in the pockets of a white, snow covered hoodie, practically everything about his body language screamed that he wasn't particularly worried about anything... Even his emotions were flat-lined in such a way that nothing stood out to your senses. The shadows around his face made it impossible for his features to be seen, even in the dim light of the red moon that hung outside, but standing the way he was, a human figure covered in snow and sporting no discernible human features, for an instant you can't help but think of him as something inhuman in spite of his human tone. His words carry a noticeable chill to them, not just in the sense that he seemed calm and collected about the situation outside, but because the more he spoke, the more the unbroken glass outside the window started to crack and freeze over, as if he was some manifested form of winter.

"But hey, I'm not gonna ruin this little sheep party you guys got going on, but would you mind doing me a favor?" Voice still calm, the young man took one of his hands out of his pocket, and held it out to the side, where two very familiar orbs, flickering in the snow, announced the presence of the being you had destroyed not even an hour ago, letting the boy pet it's head as if it was some sort of demented dog, "Someone killed my pet you see? I let him out in this part of the city to eat, and when I come back, I find out some freaks destroyed him. Was a pain to revive him, and as an owner, I feel I must speak with the ones who felt the need to stop his dinner time."

"Dinner time...? You let a monster like that loose on purpose?!"

Liane, speaking without even the slightest bit of teasing for the first time, her eyes narrowed at the boy.

He's smiling.

You can't see his face, but the young man is definitely smiling about something.

"Hmm? Why wouldn't I? I gotta feed him somehow right? Those without power are just gonna die in this city anyway... But that's not important, I'm not here to play morals, I came to ask questions," blowing off Liane's small outburst like it was nothing, the man shrugs from his place outside, "Anyway, interruptions of the blonde witch aside, I'll do what I came to do so I can get out of here. You wouldn't happen to... Know anything about this right?"

Something told you he already knew the answer.
    Last edited by Airen; June 28th, 2014 at 12:05 AM.
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Blog Entries
    William Levilius
    New Aoyoma, Entertainment District
    Night

Yours was a light that would not go out.

Holding onto the promise that had drawn you here, as well as the feelings and words of the departed that urged you on, you reached down into yourself and once again grasped the power that was impossible for humans to possess in this modern age, something that had only been seen after the Kyuubi incident, and something that still didn't make sense to those who studied the world beyond the veil. Innate power not unlike that of spirits themselves, a light born from a dark curse, the Dawn that was William Levilius's inheritance from the Spirit Fox soared across the red night like a cannon shot, a brilliant arc of light that once more stood out against the black sea, radiating hope where everywhere else there was only despair.

This attack... Was probably the greatest one you had used thus far in your life.

Rampaging emotions, a decision to not move from this spot, your spirit roared silently in defiance of everything, surging onwards towards the plateau normally reserved for the gods themselves.

And the giant, a lumbering mass of hate that refused to cease it's forward march towards you and the others, is struck dead on by the flare of light.

Heart of Legion takes 105 HP Damage.

For a moment the impossible body shudders, but it's unseen footsteps, it's straightforward march to end life, does not slow in the slightest.

How dare you.

Your words had reached countless ears, and countless ears had rejected them simultaneously.

They were the spirits of people who had died in the same event. People who shared the same pains, and thus, could see themselves in those who had suffered a similar fate.

If even a single one rejected your words, then that denial would reflect in all of them.

There were no true individuals there anymore, memories of countless lives were stored, reflected in that black mass, but they belonged to 'everyone.'

The power to create bonds, to link oneself with others and draw power from the connection, was a power that was being turned against you with an impossible fury. What did you understand? You were still alive, you were one of those who had been spared, and even now, you stood against them with an impossible power that humans had never before possessed, a power that could shatter the chains of fate themselves, and you had the nerve to tell them, those who had been abandoned, that this was a mistake...!

Naive child.

You knew nothing.

A red light pulses at the end of it's massive arm. They had held no power in life, they had not been exorcists, they had not been those holy children that belonged to the church, nor had they been fortunate enough to have even been born with a usable sixth sense.

But they had power now.

This feeling that could turn the world black, and give them a chance to alter fate... That sort of power couldn't be a mistake.

Even if it came from hate.

A sphere of mud, coated in crimson, and dense enough that even the spiritually unaware could see it, arcs for your position at an impossible speed. The ground around you is still clear, the mud having yet to spread that far again, but the bullet-like sphere is something that, even in those favorable conditions, could not be avoided.

But that was fine.

Because you believed this hate to be a mistake, you could not afford to bow down to it.

Enduring everything... That was the only way to 'understand,' the only way to make them understand-!

Blade raised, you refused to move from this spot.

Behind you, people were watching, Kensuke was fighting because he had trusted you to win.

You absolutely could not budge from this position.

The mud reaches you without delay, the sphere, a limited curse, grabbing you with a strength the lake itself hadn't possessed.

"...Ah..."

The one who makes that pained sound is you.

If falling into the lake had hurt because the lake itself was "pain," this was an attack forged from that "pain."

William takes 168 HP Damage.

It's on an entirely different level.

There is no attempt to take your body, they don't want it anymore.

Before... There had been an attempt at coexistence towards a bloody goal, of them wanting you to see things their way.

Now...

They just wanted to hear you admit your own naivety.

You're wrong

Traitor

You're wrong

What do you know?

You're wrong

Just die

You're wrong

Their voices ringing in your ears again, the pain is great, so great that you should be unconscious, and yet your mind persists in darkness, listening as the screams of the dead once again tear at you for the sole purpose of harming your existence.

Spirit Debuff negated. William's SPI rises to A+ (80)
    Grapple. William RES = C. Success.

But still, through some miracle, or perhaps your own stubbornness, you endure, and when it becomes too much, when the seconds start to drag on like hours, you manage to fling the corruption from you with a desperate swing of Dawn, your own soul given shape, and even as you collapse to one knee for an instant, you realize the detached miasma had been trying to drag you back into the lake.

This could've went a lot worse.

Slowly, you stand up again.

The shape of it's attacks was now ingrained into your mind, and it's form was beginning to seem translucent, the damage to the being finally noticeable on a physical level... But even so...

How much more of this could you take...?

"You're too exposed out here, go higher before attacking... The roof should work..."

A calm, familiar voice.

Izumi?

No... This person felt... Different....

And there were no platforms leading here anymore... Had she run across the mud?!

"I'll distract it for a minute, so get to a better position, go-!"

Whatever the case, she seemed pretty confident about this for some reason...

But...

Was doing what she asked really the best option here?

After all... This person was not Izumi.... Of that you were sure...

Heart of Legion

Class: A-Rank Spirit
    Disposition: Insane, Violent

Stats

Strength: ???
    Vitality: C (30)
    Agility: C (30)
    Dexterity: 50 (A)
    Resistance: 0 (It's Shit)
    Spirit: 80 (A+)

-Hatred of Eight Years-
    A "black lake," made up of spiritual bodies. Dense enough that the spirits making it up are capable of replicating natural disasters, it is a lake where life is crushed by "Hatred,", and everything becomes part of the "Collective." Normal humans are killed instantly, while exorcists and ESPers seem to be able to resist it for short periods of time, however, whether this is because they are naturally resistant, or simply because they are being spared because they have suitable host bodies, is unknown... Spirits befriended by William and Alice seem to have reduced the power of this ability somewhat, however, it is still notably dangerous.
    [Creates a "Black Lake," on the battlefield, that ensnares those it touches, and does SPI damage for every turn they remain inside of the mud. The mud can be broken through an individual, or combined (friends can help) attack effort of 100 STR/SPI/STR+SPI.]
    [Random chance of inflicting random status ailments/debuffs (including possession) on those caught in the mud.]
    [Spawns wraiths[...]

-Forze Del Male-
    [Spirit Ability. Requires "Hatred of Eight Years." Crush the opponent with the physical manifestation of negative emotions. Deals SPIx3 Damage. Barring the use of "Guard," it will always inflict stun. SP Cost: ???]
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Watanabe Tomoya
    Outside 'For Pete's Sake'
    Night

I waited, shifting awkwardly as he and I just kinda stood there for a moment, neither one of us speaking, the only sounds the faint murmur of voices from the interior.

Then he spoke up just as the silence became unbearable, "Spit in it's eye and call it's bluff huh...? That's not a bad answer."

I gave a little half-smile in response, I personally thought it was a bit corny, but hey, it's not corny if it garners a positive response.

The guy gave me an answering smile as he carved away at the ground, mood seemingly improving, "The name's Noriyuki Izuna. I'm a... Information Broker."

Well that certainly wasn't a euphemism for any sort of underworld (criminal or otherwise) career, but I didn't push.

As I looked at the guy, Izuna, more closely, the more I was certain that his little defeatist play was a test, and I had apparently more or less passed. Yippee.

Izuna went on, "There are always people like you running around when things like this happen. Eight years ago it was some reckless kid with a sword, and a shrine maiden and her blonde friend... Always someone who won't just stand back and let fate do what it pleases... They always manage to change things, but at the same time, they almost always manage to curse themselves too. Strength always comes at a price."

I looked down for a moment at my hands, flexing them slightly, Strength, huh. Well, that's something that I'd won a lifetime supply of in the Horrible Abomination Attacks Your Town sweepstakes.

Man, I need a beer or something, getting really sarcastic. But his veiled advice had merit, I'd heard a few horror stories about what happens if people like me aren't careful. Seen a few, too, wasn't pretty.

"Well Barkeep, I'm gonna just keep at this for now, play my part in this little stubborn parade. Humans won't go quietly and all that."

Izuna smirked without looking up and I let out a chuckle.

He grew more serious, though, smile fading, "Watch out for that Kenji kid. He fights using that stone, it'll come back to bite him if he keeps using it."

I frowned as well, looking back towards the bar, I was quiet for a moment, then responded, "Yeah, I'll do that, what else are us old coots for besides looking after the snot-nosed little punks? Take care now."

I rose up with a wave, then strode back towards the bar, "Oi, lovebirds, settle down or get a room. There's no need to shout."

I entered my wounded establishment with this relaxed remark.

Blog Entries
    Saki Ryuumonbochi
    New Aoyoma, 'Brewed Awakenings'
    Night

HP: 335 SP: 410 RP: 100

“So you’re the one.”

A faint whisper, spoken only to herself, slipped out of Saki’s mouth at the arrival of the newcomer, or rather, the enemy. The enemy she had been expecting.

Of the people resting inside of Brewed Awakenings it would be no exaggeration to say that Saki was the one least surprised, or rather, most expectant of the interruption. When Michio had defied the girl’s conditions for standing up she had already stood up from her spot on the floor, ready to burn away the man’s new clothes, only to be interrupted by the object of her suspicions. Even after he had first spoken up Saki stayed focused on Michio, poised to burn off his clothes as punishment for his arrogance, but when the man had unveiled the ‘pet’, his ‘pet’, the same ‘pet’ that Saki had killed, the young girl had turned to face him.

A pair of fierce red eyes shot through the broken door to Brewed Awakenings.

Saki, in her endless eccentricity, was a person who was always serious about everything. Even if what she might say is absurd, she always meant it. In that sense the stare she gave the man was nothing out of the norm for her. Even when teasing, even when joking, even surprised, even when she made mistakes, one would learn in time that at all times, Saki Ryuumonbuchi took everything she did seriously. It was just the kind of upbringing the girl had.

But the ferocity in the girl’s eyes was not out of conviction, but something else.

Following the man’s hand Saki’s eyes met the two glowing orbs that belonged to her enemy from before, an enemy that she had, without a doubt, killed. When Liane interrupted with her outburst Saki remained silent, burning her stare into the wendigo’s eyes. The older woman’s issue with the man’s actions were obviously just, to let a monster like the wendigo out to feed on innocent people was unforgivable.

But despite the man’s admittance of his deplorable actions Saki didn’t care at all about what people he had intentionally killed. Certainly it was terrible for so many people to die at the hands of this wendigo, and by proxy its master, the hooded man, but that was no concern of the young girl. She was no upholder of the law, no avatar of justice. Her role would never be that of the judge that punished evildoers. Though her flames had consumed many a spirit that had taken innocent lives, never once was it for the sake of justice.

Saki’s power existed for her to use at her discretion. To destroy what she pleases, not to save. Saki had embraced this simple truth long ago. Fire always was, and always would be, a tool to destroy, a force that could only bring destruction. If the girl was meant to save then her power would not be something as raw and destructive as flame.

Even if destruction could provide salvation for some, its primary purpose would never change. Though she did not condone turning such power on the lives of innocents, the girl did not decry such a thing either.

No, the obvious evil this man had admitted to so casually was of no concern to Saki.

The source of her ferocity was not in what lives he had destroyed, but rather in the live he had saved.

“To stand before this Saki Ryuumonbuchi so arrogantly after the crime you just committed…” Finally speaking up, Saki addressed the man angrily. It was a rare occurrence for the girl to be angry for her own sake. Though it was rare for the girl to let rage settle in her mind at all, when it came to others that Saki felt a sense of gratitude for the girl could easily be moved to anger.

“To deface my work in such a manner, such impertinence.” To undo the destruction that Saki had wrought upon her enemy, an enemy that she had incinerated into dust, was the ultimate crime. Stepping toward the glass door Saki finally brought her gaze back to the man, confronting him directly for the first time since his arrival. “You called that filthy beast your ‘pet,’ yes?”

Narrowing her eyes, Saki stared the man down through the glass.

“That creature is no longer yours. You have no right to it.” Scornfully, Saki accused the man. The windows of Brewed Awakenings that had begun to freeze over began to rapidly thaw out as the temperature in the café rose. The air around Saki shimmered as a heat haze built up around her, creating a mirage of distortion around the girl as the air around her blazed in sync with her unconcealed anger. “The moment that I sent that beast down to Enma it ceased to be your ‘pet.’ That beast was granted a graceful death by flame, turned into a work of art by the hands of the one you see before you. But the one who should be answering for their actions is you, scum.”

The distorted heat haze burst into a small inferno, encircling Saki as she gave it the ignition it needed to take form. The cracking sounds of the frosted glass drowned under the crackling inferno’s anger, smothered under the fire’s rage. Like vines the flames encircled the girl’s figure, cloaking her in a crimson inferno, and a pair of furious red eyes shot through the red veil, burning their glare into the hooded man outside.

“The only atonement for desecrating this Saki Ryuumonbuchi’s work would be to offer up another canvas to paint in the color of Naraka.”

Without warning the fire shot forward, lashing out for the man’s face. A blast of raw fire, not in the shape of a weapon or any flora, separated itself from the inferno. Surging forth in its raw form the fire illuminated the night air, burning away the falling snow and casting off the darkness that the dim moonlight permitted.

The attack, though clearly aimed at the man without any intention of holding back, and obviously far more than a warning shot, served only one purpose. To do away with the shadows that obscured the face under the man's hood.

“Let us see the canvas that you’re offering to earn my forgiveness, scum.”

HP: 335 SP: 380 RP: 100
    Last edited by Spinach; June 30th, 2014 at 09:06 AM.

Koga Ran
    New Aoyoma, Streets
    Night

"Hgnn...!"

A surge of pain shoots through my entire body as I finally recover consciousness. This is certainly not the first time I've been subjected to a rough awakening like this one, but if there is something I can say for sure is that I don't think I'll ever get used to them.

It's like a constant circle of discomfort... The pain is so strong that it causes spasms, which in turn make everything hurt more than it did a second ago. Resisting that spasm is even more uncomfortable, which is what I am doing right now. Seeing as Tachibana-san seems to be fairly close, I don't want to hit her by mistake. It doesn't sound like she's pleased with the decision I made during my battle against Hell Rider... Why? Did I make a mistake? Did I fail?

"I did what was needed to protect Tachibana-san and the stone."

I gather all my strength and push the pain away so I am able to deliver a firm answer.

"My lack of experience and poor judgment got Fujiwara-san hurt and put you and the mission in danger."
    One of my eyes forces itself shoot as I endure the torment my body is going through. "I couldn't allow the apparition to cause any harm no matter the cost." I confess. Then, perhaps thinking of this as some kind of text, I reaffirm the answer I gave moments ago. "As a Koga, I will shield you with my life, as many times as it is required me to do so."

This was not a mistake, an involuntary action given birth by fear or guilt. This was my own decision, the manifestation of the person I've decided to become.

There is no shame in sacrificing oneself... I was taught that when I was only an infant. Therefore, I do not plan to change in the future. No matter how stubborn the world proves to be, I won't change the way I am.

Like a tall wall which remains unshaken even after the strongest attack, nothing will take away my pride as a Koga.

"How are you... Fujiwara... and the stone...?"
    This is something I must ask. "Did I perhaps... Fail to protect any of them...?"
    Last edited by hero; June 29th, 2014 at 08:44 PM.
    [18:30] RacingeR: Max S.Link with hero is when you promise your daughter to him
    [18:31] RacingeR: Which means Airen and me are the only ones that maxed it (I promised Spin to him, and Spin is my daughter)
    [18:32] hero: oh shit
    [18:32] hero: spincess get
    [18:32] hero: suck it fuckers

Gläubig müssen die nicht sein, daran glauben müssen sie I3uster's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Suzume Oshino
    Night

"Look, I'm sure you all have already seen everything, so just let me get dressed in peace. There's no time to goof around here, and I'm going to have enough nightmares about tonight as it is...!"
    The awkwardness and tension of the situation aside, this is pretty funny.

"You can sleep like a rock after being lit on fire and almost eaten by a monster, but when a group of attractive women take off your clothes you get nightmares?" Maybe I should not tease him when everybody else is doing that just fine, but hey. I want in on the fun too.

It puts me at ease, at least for a bit. I slip out of the uncomfortable gloves and put the assorted supplies back into the kit. I sigh, relaxing my tense body slightly. It's hard to stay focused for this long. Maybe it is time to dial back a bit. Liane is quite proud of her fortification here, so there is no reason to keep myself in a constant state of alert. But I remain worried.

"Well hey, a bunch of monsters playing human... This is disgustingly cute."
    And I have every right to be.

I don't answer. There was no need to do so without knowing his true intentions. And so I decide to use my gift. Whatever he is, he does not seem to be friendly.

I concentrate, trying to filter him out through the noise of my companions. He has to be here, somewhere in the chorus of signals that I receive. Slowly I shut out the signals one after another. First Megumi, then Michio, then Liane, finally Saki.

And what I sense forces my body to tense up again.

There was nothing.

Not a single signal.

"Dinner time...? You let a monster like that loose on purpose?!"
    Liane's reaction is an obvious one. I don't need her reading to know what she is feeling in this moment. This man, if he even is human, is a psychopath.

I can't afford to let her lose focus here though.

"Your defenses. Will they stop his pet?" The first time around Saki has been enough to obliterate it, but four of us were needed to create an opening for her. And even then we have suffered some heavy wounds.

This thing needed to be stopped right here.

"Hmm? Why wouldn't I? I gotta feed him somehow right? Those without power are just gonna die in this city anyway..."
    "As somebody without power I'm going to have to contest that. I feel perfectly fine right now. The strong that pick needless fights on the other hand..." I point at the glowing orbs at his side. "One of the many responsibilities of a pet owner is to ensure that it's not causing any harm to others, you know? Because if they do, they get put..."

Something shocks me out of my unfinished sentence. A reading, strong and unrelenting, like a raging fire.

Anger.

There was only one this can belong to.

I want to say something to stop her, but...

“So you’re the one.”
    Somebody is going to die tonight.

I see it as my duty to redirect Saki to the right targets. To act as an agent to her awesome power, ensuring that her potential does not go to waste. There is plenty of good she has done over the years, if she realizes it or not. But there are times where it was useless to try to steer her.

Like this time.

As she starts ranting, I try to give Michio and Megumi signs to step back. "Come here."

“That creature is no longer yours. You have no right to it.”
    As she speaks, the air around her shimmered. The heat created strange distortions that seemed to give her some kind of invisible aura. I stand by her side, but not too close to be affected. This time I have to do my part in defending this group. Still, I try to speak to her.

"Saki...the charms."

There is a need for a fine control here. Burning off the countermeasures Liane had installed would negate our defensive advantage here. But as of now I am not sure if she can still hear me.

A second later there was only fire.

“The only atonement for desecrating this Saki Ryuumonbuchi’s work would be to offer up another canvas to paint in the color of Naraku.”
    While I usually zone out when she rants and retain only the information I need, this time the phrasing made me think. I do not vocalize my discomfort though. Instead I concentrate on seeing what happens beyond the flames.

Still.

The color of Naraku...

Will it be the color of fire or the color of ice?
    [04:55] Lianru: i3uster is actuallly quite cute

If I'm With You, Surely Paradise Exists! Froggie's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Amamiya Mashiro (Ziodyne)
    New Aoyoma
    Evening

"Yeah... It's been far too long, hasn't it?"

Mashiro resisted the urge to reply there and merely nodded at Shuu, his easy going grin once again reasserting itself. Finally, after eight long years, he could feel the blood beginning to drum in his ears again. Eight long years of floating from one day to the next; a haphazard existence that could accomplish nothing on its own, had no purpose other than to live for the news of this day. And now, at last, time was beginning to move again with a speed to leave behind the haze which had haunted him.

Perhaps his smile was more blood-thirsty than easy going, but he didn’t particularly care to hide it now.

He’d waited too long for this, after all.

Still, he wondered about the strange tone in Shuu’s voice… What was his role in all of this and why did he seem almost as eager to see this through? Perhaps if he could clear through the mist which clouded his memories, could remember their previous meetings, he could find an answer to that.

…Maybe later. There were more important things to focus on now.

Although many might have considered him as a lazy good for nothing thanks to his laid back attitude, there was one thing in which he could focus with a relentless concentration.

“Find me.”

‘You’re going to regret it when I do,’ Mashiro thought to himself. ‘You’ll wish you’d killed me then too.’

"Alright, let's take care of this then."

He couldn’t have said it better himself.
    }ï{

"So... You ever think about what you're gonna do when you find him?"

‘I’m going to kill him.’

He didn’t say that, of course. The thought had run through his mind a hundred million times since that night. Asking that man, that faceless monster, why he’d taken everything away from him in an instant, leaving him to scream the fury of the weak and trampled at the top of his lungs. Punishing him, crushing him, judging him, torturing him… Perhaps even once he’d dreamed of forgiving him.

But Mashiro’s mind always came back to killing that man.

Paying blood back with blood.

Meeting once again.

That was their unbreakable promise, after all.

His train of thought was broken once again my Shuu’s banter.

"I mean... This is all you have going for you right now, right? There anything you want to do after all of this?"

‘No, no one ever plans past revenge. Everyone knows that. Maybe I’ll walk off a building or something, who knows.’

Great, now the too-talkative detective had gotten him into an irritable mood. Just fantastic...

The dark haired man turned on the radio and Mashiro’s thoughts were once again derailed, this time by words which made an inexplicable shiver run up his spine.

"Tamamo's here everyone! It's been eight years and she's pretty pissed, but she's back~"

‘What in the…?!’

Blinding light.

A crack of thunder followed by the screeching of wheels.

And then darkness.

}ï{

The smell of something burning.

It was oddly familiar, oddly comforting… And completely terrifying. He could feel the haze over his memories beginning to lift slightly and his heart began to speed up, deafening crescendo in his ears. Mashiro began to panic, and yet… somehow feel could also feel that coldness in his mind actually working in his favor…

‘I need to get out of here.’

Fire, the remains of a mangled car, rain, nobody around, a black mist… and Shuu unconscious in the driver’s seat.

For a brief moment he contemplated leaving the man there.

“Goddammit…”

Only briefly.

Were you even supposed to move someone like that? He probably shouldn’t… but if he just left him there, he was as good as dead. Shuu was his only clue right now and he couldn’t risk the man dying now. Hastily yet carefully, he undid the seatbelt securing the officer and tried to drag the man out of the seat and into his own.

“Come on, damn you… Work with me here.”

Mashiro tried to open the passenger seat’s door, only to find that the crash had dented it into placed and jammed it. Without missing a beat, he kicked at it. Once. Twice. Thrice. On the fourth kick the door finally came loose enough that he could drag himself and the unconscious detective out of the burning wreckage, sweating from both the heat and the exertion.

Coughing, he dragged the man outside and unto the sidewalk, under the rain.

“Now what,” Mashiro grumbled to himself irritably.

Idly he wondered for how long he would remember about this day...

Blog Entries
    Watanabe Tomoya
    Outside 'For Pete's Sake'
    Night

"Lovebirds?" With the usual overreaction of a teenager, the swordswoman who had been so calm and collected before, crosses her arms and turns away from Kenji with a huff, and a flush, "Not with this moron..."

A moment passes.

The girl realizes how her reaction looks.

And flushing harder, she walks off, muttering something about "finally making that phone call so she can get out of here."

Kenji, who had tilted his head to the side at this reaction, apparently clueless, eventually seemed to decide to focus more on you than on Maiya, and looks over at you, the same nosy spark as before evident in his eyes.

"Sup," as casual as ever, you realize in an instant that he's going to ask you something again, "I heard about the skeleton from Maiya. Impressive. Wish I could have seen it," eyes moving ever so slowly to Izuna, who, as promised, continued setting up a barrier outside, you notice Kenji's eyes narrow ever so slightly, "So who's that guy? I've never seen him before... Was he even here when this all started?"

It's only as he says it with such a confused face that you realize...

That he's probably never had to say those words before...

...This kid really was the know it all type.

----

Koga Ran
    New Aoyoma, Streets
    Night

For a moment, the silver haired girl does not respond to your words, and not being able to see her face, there's a brief moment where you fear the worst, however...

"Everyone is fine," speaking softly, for one reason or another, the girl sounds sad now, "The only one that got hurt was you. Fujiwara-san came strolling out of the rubble a little bit after you fell... The girl is practically made of steel..."

"Hehe~"

A girlish laugh, another pause, then-

"As for the stone... I still have it. But worry more about yourself..."

A sharper tone.

"Your eyes are gone... Your body is trembling... And you're asking about us...?" Back to her usual tone, you're reminded somewhat of a teacher lecturing their student, "Even if the mission is accomplished... If someone dies... That means it's a failure in my eyes..."

One last pause, a small sigh, then-

"But I suppose the Koga pride is great."

One of her hands moving to cover your damaged eyes, a warm feeling shoots through your body as the pain dulls...

Was she doing something?

Or was that simply your natural regeneration finally catching up with you....

"Tell me about them? We have some time to kill."

A small request.

-----

Night

Fire strikes a raised arm.

??? takes 67 HP Damage.
    ??? takes 22 SP Damage

The smell of burning flesh floating through the air, the only move the man makes to defend himself is simply a half-hearted attempt at shielding his face, the fabric of his hood's sleeve vanishing in the torrent of spiritual fire. Despite the fact that you can not only smell his body burning, but even saw the arm char black in places from the assault, the man does not cry out in pain or fear, his emotions do not flare in any way, and that same feeling, the feeling that he's 'smiling,' does not leave you.

"...Ow."

When the storm of flame had finally died down, the young man said something like that with an entirely unconvincing tone.

"Geez Sis, what's with that? I finally find some people like me, and you welcome me like that? The hell?"

He was thin and pale, and his red eyes were much like the eyes of the girl that had attempted to strike him down, absolutely uncaring of both light and darkness, moving on and doing whatever he felt like, regardless of the consequences. The right eye in particular, shining like a jewel in the red moonlight, seemed to glow with an emotion that lay separate from the man himself... contempt?

The monster, his pet, had vanished completely in the brief moment in which flame had obscured all sight.

"Ah well," shrugging, the young man takes a step forwards, "I suppose I'll have to thank you anyway," his arm reaching out to you all from beyond the glass, the smell of burning paper, the charms from before, floats through the air, and you realize the meaning behind those words, "I'll be coming in now."

Your body tenses as an intense feeling, an ice wind, blows into the interior of the store, but that feeling, as cold and oppressive towards life as it was, does not hold your attention for long. After all...

Right in front of your eyes, the man's arm was healing, not slowly, as the wounds of those like you tended to do, but rapidly, moving at an impossible pace that rendered the effects of your flame as nonexistent as if they had never occurred in a matter of seconds.

During that time, the brief moment in which his arm returned to normal, and his right eye began to glow, you could feel a brief outburst of emotion at the back of his thoughts, happiness, sadness, rage, empathy, all mixing in a storm buried deep within his conscious.

Was he hiding it from you?

Or was he just that good at suppressing it?

It was impossible to tell.

"I only believe in a cold hell I'm afraid," stepping in with a smirk, the young man's eyes focus on Saki, "I have no intention of going to Naraku, but perhaps you'd like to visit Niflheim?"

In that instant.

"...!"

Something grips the legs of Saki Ryuumonbuchi, as well as Nakamura Megumi, two pillars of ice, reach up and grab their ankles, rooting them to the ground upon which they stood.

Freeze Trap.
    Required STR to free oneself = C
    Saki's AGI decreases to 0. Cannot move from this spot.
    Megumi's AGI decreases to 0. Cannot move from this spot.

In that same instant, almost as if it was coordinated.

Liane takes 29 HP Damage.
    Suzume takes 40 HP Damage.

The lost monster attacks two of the others from the side.

Unlike before there is no roar, no emotional signal from the beast to give away it's attack, and the strength behind the arms that throw Suzume into Liane, who attempted to catch the smaller girl out of instinct, sends them both flying over the counter and into the back room, the clattering sound of pans and broken dishes lighting up the quiet night even as the monster leaps up onto the counter to follow, effectively blocking the path to the lobby.

"Tch, the charms burned... Are you alright?"

Still holding onto you despite the fact it had gotten her hurt as well, the blonde young woman asks after your condition without moving her eyes from the hulking creature on the counter-top.

Why had that hurt so much?

How had it gotten the drop on you? It's emotions had been rampaging last time..

Was it trying to break this fight into two groups? Was it smart enough to do that? Or was the boy manipulating it somehow.... Boosting it's abilities?

Somewhat accustomed to pain, these are the questions that wrack your thoughts.

Whatever the case, it was in the way, and that meant Saki had only the two most wounded members of the group as support....

Meanwhile...

You couldn't break the ice on you with your body alone, so it looked like you'd have to either burn it off, or just fight from this position.

The young man making his way into the room with a non-caring air, the smile on his face is undeniable.

"Gotta give you credit, blasting me like that was pretty good, you've got a monster's flame. Very vengeful spirit like... It fits people like us... Hurt like a bitch tho..."

Still smiling, the man holds his arms out, almost as if welcoming another shot.

"I was a bit bored before, so I guess I can play with you for a bit. You were aiming for my face before right? Well, Karma's a bitch..."

The same cold chill.

Hand held out in the shape of an imaginary gun, it becomes obvious that the man is about to fire... something...

However... You can't move to dodge...

Behind you, Michio is muttering something under his breath, words that you recognize as... Hojutsu?

Regardless of the fact he knew magic, unlike the innate abilities of spirits, and those like you, who may as well have been pseudo spirits, such a magic system took time to use...

Point being, he wasn't going to make it in time to stop anything, and you could tell that Megumi was still struggling to see where anything even was, so it seemed that you were on your own for the moment.

---

???

Name: ???
    Class: ESPer/???

Stats & Perks

Something is hiding the status screen...

ESP

Ice manipulation????

Wendigo

Name: Wendigo (The same one?)
    Character Type: Spirit, Composite Entity
    Threat Level: B-Class
    Disposition: Violent; Stalker

Stats

HP: ???
    SP: ???
    RP: ???

Strength: B
    Vitality: C
    Agility: C
    Dexterity: C
    Resistance: C
    Spirit: B

Perks

-Shadow Rampage [Spirit-Type Innate]-
    As an already composite being, the pull malevolent spirits have over others of their own kind is notable. As those who are malevolent 'radiate,' that malevolence to everything around them, it is not particularly uncommon for other, smaller vengeful spirits to be drawn in by particularly powerful fits of anger, boosting the destructive potential of the "main body.' Could be considered a form of "Possession," and as the spirits are newly absorbed, and not yet completely assimilated by the body, it is possible to be stopped in the same way as possession in humans. (ESPers through raw willpower (Exorcism Strike), Exorcists through certain occult rituals.)
    [Can be triggered after a turn in which the being takes 100+ damage in a single round, or when they reach critical condition. Every turn after activation, boost all offensive stats by 20. However, the ability to avoid attacks is reduced, and RES decreases by 10 each turn. If allowed to go on for long enough, may cause a change in rank for the spirit in question...]

-Hunger Eternal-
    A being that seems to be constantly starving, the Wendigo seeks not just to kill humans, but to devour them in an attempt to sate a hunger that can never be sated. While this is bad enough on it's own, the fact that it is a spiritual being means that it can tear at the mind and spirit of it's victim as well, with the "Wendigo Curse," being a common symptom of bite wounds.
    [Whenever tearing at it's victim with it's teeth, increase the chance of the target hallucinating their allies as the 'Wendigo' when attacking; in addition, decrease the effectiveness of any mental abilities they may possess, and reduce the hit rate of all attacks. Affliction strength is dependent on how much damage the target took when acquiring it. Resolves itself with time (as long as the Wendigo is killed,) or through certain types of healing magic.]

-Uncanny Form-
    An existence that is hard even for spiritually aware humans to perceive, the Wendigo blends in well in it's chosen environment, it's victims often only becoming aware of it's presence when it's too late. And even when one knows it is there, it's wraith-like figure, obscured in snow and ice, is something close to invisible, making it possible to lose track of even in the middle of a fight.
    [Must be activated. Can attack twice a turn, however, this cannot be used in succession, and can only be used alongside normal attacks.]
    [Immune to low-tier sensing abilities. Higher Bonuses are applied to sneak attacks.]

-Frozen Soul- [Spirit Recon!]
    A being that traditionally hunts in the coldest of climates, the Wendigo isn't bothered by even the most extreme of climates, or even supernatural abilities that revolve around freezing the target through the use of ice, or things of that nature. In fact, it is a being that brings frigid climates with it, a spirit that appears in certain storms not because of opportunity, but because it is often the actual cause of the storm in the first place. A hunter that always hunts on it's home field, the Wendigo is not something that can be baited into an area that is disadvantageous to it. However, because it is so geared towards colder weather, things like fire have an enhanced effect on the Wendigo, striking true to it's (nonexistent) heart even when it seems like nothing else will.
    [Myth Ability. By manipulation of surrounding spiritual bodies, it is possible to change the weather of a certain region, covering a small area with a snowstorm, reducing the hit rate and evasion of everyone caught inside. At an extra cost, it is possible to lower the temperature enough to deal light, but unavoidable/unreducable damage to targets over time. SP Cost: 30/60]
    [Passive. Ice-based attacks deal no damage to the Wendigo. In addition, ice-based attacks that would cause afflictions to status (debuffs, stun, etc) are also completely nullified.]

[Passive. Flame attacks will always inflict the "Burn," status on a Wendigo, regardless of whether or not that's a common affliction for the flame attack in question.]
    [Passive. Cost to utilize ice-based abilities is greatly reduced.]

Liane

Name: Liane Cross
    Class: ESPer/???

Vital Stats

HP: 190/450
    SP: ???/150
    RP: 50/100

Combat Stats

Strength: B (45)
    Vitality: C (30)
    Agility: B (40)
    Dexterity: C (30)
    Resistance: C (30) -> A (50)
    Spirit: E (15)

Major Perk

-Indomitable-
    Liane Cross absolutely does not give up. Before her transformation into an ESPer, Liane was a relatively weak psychic who, due to her relationship with her best friend, was forced to exist amongst the elite of the supernatural world, and was thus dragged into battles that lay far above the scope of humans in order to protect those precious to her. At that time, the one thing her opponents and allies noted, was that she while she normally seemed quite weak, she was actually a girl whose true power showed itself only when things were at their bleakest. Possessing a soul that attacks adversity head on, Liane's figure is that of a hero, standing up when others fall down, and managing to defeat those far stronger than her with her willpower alone. Even now that she is an ESPer, and consequently on a similar level to most of her opponents, her willpower is still seen as the most "signature" part of her existence, an awe-inspiring force that shines brightest in the face of true adversity.
    [Effect 1: Passive. When HP drops below 75%, raise Liane's RES by 10. When HP falls below 50%, raise RES by 10 again.[...]

Minor Perks

Liked by Spirits
    A natural psychic, Liane has always stated that her ability to see ghosts is “something of a pain,” “kinda annoying,” and “something I could live without,” however despite those words, she also says that she “can't bring herself to ignore them if they're in trouble,” and people have noted that non-malevolent spirits are attracted to her, and that even the hostile ones calm down a bit in her presence. A mark of someone who, despite her complaints, could probably live alongside spirits without violence, there are rumors that her house is full of free-loading ghosts she just “hasn't bothered to exorcise.”
    [When confronting a spirit-type enemy, Liane's presence is more noticeable than that of others, however, any attacks spirits make against Liane have their values reduced by 10%.[...]

Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Gläubig müssen die nicht sein, daran glauben müssen sie I3uster's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Suzume Oshino
    Night

"Possession...?" I make my concerns clear as the flames strike his arm. What is it with his eyes? Of course he is not a normal human, so much has been clear from his control of the Wendigo. But what drives him to indiscriminately attack us like earlier?

That might just be me being optimistic again. He does seem to be perfectly in control of his actions. Maybe it is something a lot subtler...

It does make the way he looks at Saki a lot more disturbing.

The flare Saki released does its work on the boy's arm. There is no real reaction from him as it chars his skin and burns his flesh, releasing a smell that felt almost nostalgic to me. I should not be as used to it as I am...

I can't just focus on him though. It feeks like a standoff, my eyes constantly twitching and shifting to his side. There is no reading him, so I feel a strange sense of...disorientation. As if my sight has been impaired.

In that way, me and Megumi were kindred spirits at this moment.

"I'll be coming in now."
    The charms. I knew it.

Maybe the first strike is enough of a tactical advantage to turn this situation in our favor. He is strong, there is no doubt about this. And we are wounded and beaten. But still, we have strength in numbers, the first hit and we know about his pet's abilities...

...the pet...

Where did it go?

The boy's charred arm regenerates. While I take note, I can't focus on this in the face of the Wendigo stalking the area. I need to get a lock on it, I need to protect Saki's flank while she continues to press the attack here. It feels as if I have failed her...I try to concentrate and filter out the signals, but even so it does not work. Something rips me out of my concentrated state.

An impact.

This was the price I have to pay for not paying enough attention. The pain sends a jolt of elictricity through my entire body. I feel as if my head was held under icy water, and in this state I barely register Liane's touch. Or the pain. Even the tumbling does not much to disorient me. The danger apparent in this situation does not allow another lapse in my judgement.

Because the next time I make a mistake, somebody might die.

"Tch, the charms burned... Are you alright?"
    "There is something good about that, actually."

The first sensation I feel upon recovering is the metallic taste in my mouth. I must have bit down while I was thrown around the room.

They have been frozen in place. Whatever we do here, they will be completely at his mercy. The Wendigo, as intimidating as it was in its current state, was nothing against the man controlling it. And there is nothing to stop him from killing the girl that is under my command.

I can not let that happen.

The taste of blood is a peculiar thing. Like nothing that came before it made my body realize the stakes of this battle. Maybe I took on some of his habits...

My hands clap together.

It was not exclusive to me. This trigger, the taste of blood...folklore speaks of evil spirits coming into existence by tasting the blood of their dead owner.

Among the assorted charmso on my arm there has been a bell. Silent, not making a sound even as I was forcefully thrown across the room. But in this moment, a sweet ringing filled the destroyed area. A small beacon of hope for me in a battle that makes apparent how powerless I truly am in this moment.

I haven't been lying to the man before. I am not a powerful girl. The ESP of Saki was one of destruction and power, but all I can truly provide to her is a sense of control. I am a girl that steers power, not wields it. According to his dog-eat-dog logic, I will not survive this incident.

And still, in this moment, that borrowed power was probably enough.

Because Saki trusts me.

Because I have a plan, reckless as it may be.

And because she isn't the only power that I can borrow.

The ringing fades, and I speak the words that bring ruin to my enemies.

"Release - Ga Rei Aogami!"

For a second, nothing happened.

The words cause me to relax, even if I speak them only when I am in mortal danger. In that way, they were like a prayer. But this prayer was always answered. Even now if it wasn't in the way I wanted.

Just a house cat, standing by my feet, rubbing itself against my ankle, purring innocently.

Maybe Liane does not even notice it, being focused on the Wendigo that much.

"Be serious, Blues..."

It does not understand the words I speak. But my intent is clear. He is not stupid after all.

Smoke gathered at its feet, at first barely noticeable due to the dust of our impact not having settled. But in the blink of an eye it had formed into a circle...an unnatural movement for smoke.

Still looking as if it does not know in what a dangerous situation it was in, the cat just meowed innocently. The circle of smoke growing thicker. Small, white fragments of stone could be seen through it now. They were hard to make out, but the shape will remind the onlooker of...

Snap.

The cat was gone, swallowed by the ground. All that was left was a big, grinning jaw full of white, dagger-like fangs. It had the size of a big cat, somewhere between a panther and a lion, but nobody getting a clear look on this monster would confuse it with either. Its form seemed to be undefined, its smoke-like fur fading out into nothing with every move. As if it was a cloud in the shape of a cat, its actual shape seemed to be always shifting with the force of an invisible wind.

The only thing that could be said about it were that its fangs looked razor-sharp, its eyes piercing and hungry and that its shifting tail seemed to distinctively fork at the end.

Nekomata. The cat demon.

"Blues...go."

It requires only a simple nod of my head. It understands. It runs past the Wendigo, the ground cracking under its steps. And yet, no sound was made as its paws touch the ground, like smoke gliding softly over water.

All I hear as it darts off is a deep growl.

"I'll show you. This is how you take care of those that trust you." I speak to the boy. He might not hear me, but I do not care. Those that control the power of others have an obligation. It is a lesson I will teach him, one way or the other.

The Wendigo is still here. And it will attack Liane and me again. And yet here I stand, not regretting a thing.

I ready my body for the impact.

[Used: Guard]

Wise up!
    Major Perk: Ga Rei

Contracted the Nekomata named Aogami, sealed into a bell she wears on a wristband. In full release he appears as a lion-sized house cat with dark blue fur and a hitodama floating alongside its forked tail. A vengeful cat spirit that was created when a cat licked the blood of a murdered Dutch sailor, trapping his soul in the cat. Terrorizing traders, sailors and the population alike it was one day sealed into a bell with a sealing spell fueled by its own power. Only if it continued to fight against its entrapment the entrapment would remain effective. Suzume broke this spell by calming Aogami with her ESP. It is highly intelligent, though unable to directly communicate with its master, thus Suzume has to rely on Love and Peace to communicate with it. Aogami possesses excellent physical parameters but all damage inflicted to it is, due to the entanglement of their souls, also inflicted on Suzume and vice versa (they share an HP pool), further all its abilities draw on the same spiritual power pool as Suzume's.

Aogami is released by ringing the bell on Suzume's wrist and her using the incantation “Release: Ga Rei Aogami” It is also possible for Suzume to only partially release Aogami to allow it to scout or just wander about. When partially released Aogami is all but unable to fight and appears as a normal cat. Partial release is risky due to the soul bond still existing between Suzume and Aogami so it is used only in relatively risk-free environments.
    [Special Spiritual Ability. Allows for the summoning of Aogami, who will remain as a manifested ally until he is dismissed, Suzume runs out of SP, or is defeated. Aogami shares his HP and SP with Suzume, but takes more damage from attacks, and the base value of his physical stats is capable of growing past (50). Aogami Stats- STR: 60, AGI: 40, DEX: 50, RES: 10. SP Cost: 150 for summoning, 20 for maintenance.]

[Special Spiritual Ability: Allows for the partial summoning of Aogami, who can choose to appear in a more casual (IE. Not a monster) guise in order to fool humans, as well as radar detection. In this state he is capable of creating small illusions in the area around him (15 feet), and still shares his HP and SP with Suzume, but he has lower stats (All E's) and can feasibly fool even spiritually aware humans at a distance. However, ESPers and Exorcists that get a good prolonged look at Aogami from up close may be able to recognize him as a Spirit Beast because of the presence of the soul link. SP Cost: 50 for summoning, 10 for maintenance.]

[Passive. Damage dealt to Spirit-Type enemies by Aogami is increased by 25%]

[Passive. Because of the strain on Suzume's soul, her ESP abilities are considerably weakened.]

Last edited by I3uster; June 30th, 2014 at 08:58 PM.
    [04:55] Lianru: i3uster is actuallly quite cute

Blog Entries
    Saki Ryuumonbuchi
    Night

HP: 335 SP: 380 RP: 100

Saki didn’t bother struggling against the ice chaining her down. The girl knew her strength intimately, and that was more than enough for her to understand that breaking out by force wasn’t an option. But because the girl understood herself so well she also knew that she was far from trapped.

It was hard for the young woman to suppress a chuckle. It was both comical and pleasant to her. Twice on this night she was presented with enemies who fought with the power of ice. Twice on this night her flames would sear away the frost that was used against her. Twice on this night she would have splendid opportunities to display her abilities.

But most importantly, the man before her had even complimented her flames. Plebeian who desecrates her work he may be, it still brought a smile to the girl’s face for someone to appreciate what she was so proud of. From the way the man spoke the thought occurred that perhaps, had this man not arrogantly undone what she had burnt out of this world, Saki might even admit that she appreciated his attitude. At least, she appreciated it so much as he appreciated her fire.

“Ufufu~”

So hard was it to suppress her glee that Saki simply made no effort to do so, flashing a wide smile to those blood red eyes staring at her.

It wouldn’t be wrong to say that Saki was enjoying this night.

“With that hood down I will admit, cretin.” A small layer of fire wrapped itself around Saki’s entire body, as if molding itself into her shape. Beneath that cloak of fire the girl spoke in an enthusiastic, but domineering tone to her enemy, unconcerned of his impending attack. “You have magnificent eyes…

… Especially that right one.”

The ice encased around the girl’s legs lost its form, falling to the floor as a puddle. So often did ice bypass its liquid stage and evaporate into a steamy mist when confronted with Saki’s fire, but these flames were different. This was a delicate extension of her ability, more finely tuned, more controlled. Unlike her previous displays of overwhelming force masquerading as beautiful flower arrangements, this was something else.

“Perhaps I will take that right eye of yours and present it to my lord, such a punishment will suffice for your crimes.”

The fire stepped forth. Separating itself from her body, the flaming ‘mold’ made its way into the world as a being of its own. Taking the shape of Saki Ryuumonbuchi, a spectral fire was born into the world. A Remnant of herself, cloaked in fire. Mouth, eyes, ears, height, weight, strength. Everything that was Saki Ryuumonbuchi was that fire.

Including her ever present smile.

“The nine realms of the World Tree are not to my liking.” The Remnant spoke as the true Saki dashed to the side, her Remnant mirroring her action as it took off in the opposite direction, rushing straight to Megumi, leaving a bright trail behind itself. As the two separated a blue blur shot through the space they had occupied, rushing forth for the boy.

The smile of Saki Ryuumonbuchi turned back to the boy.

“If a cold hell is what you desire, perhaps Utpala will be to your liking.”

HP: 335 SP: 340 RP: 100

Spoiler:
    ESP: “Rinshan Kaihou” 嶺上開花
    The ability to create and manipulate fire with the mind. Named after a Japanese mahjong yaku, these flames take the form of vivid, rapidly blooming flowers that can be used to do typical fire things like burning stuff and burning more stuff. However, the true power of Rinshan Kaihou is to create a replicate of Saki out of fire, which moves and acts independent of Saki.
    [ESP Ability. Use 1: Allows for miscellaneous singular attacks of a fire nature (flame flowers, fireball, etc). These attacks deal 1.3xSPI based damage, and have a moderate chance of inflicting burn. SP Cost: 30]
    [ESP Ability. Use 2: Enables the use of miscellaneous wide-area flame attacks (Petal Storm, etc). Deals SPI damage to multiple targets, and has a high chance of inflicting burn. SP Cost: 50]
    [ESP Ability. Use 3: Enables creation of a flame based 'phantom' of Saki. These 'phantoms' are capable of moving around on their own, and upon touching a target, 'possess' them, burning the target from within (SPI damage that bypasses RES, and always inflicts burn). Only one phantom can be summoned a turn. SP Cost: 40 per phantom summoning, 10 for maintenance.]

Watanabe Tomoya
    'For Pete's Sake', New Aoyama
    Night

"Lovebirds?" The girl sputters, turning away from Kenji in a huff, "Not with this moron..." I noted that her face was flushed with embarrassment, she apparently noticed this as well, and stalked away, muttering darkly to herself.

I snickered, kids never change, always got buttons just waiting to be pushed, Kenji, apparently oblivious to what had occured, stares blankly after his compatriot with a confused air.

He recovered swiftly enough, though, that spark that I now recognized as his beginning to start poking his nose around shining in his eyes, "Sup. I heard about the skeleton from Maiya. Impressive, wish I could've seen it."

I shrugged, he wasn't really all that tough, once I got a good head on my shoulders he went down quick enough, although I suppose that wouldn't have mattered if I'd gotten my head bitten off, like I would have.

Had Jonesy right where I wanted him, yep.

No denial here.

Kenji's bespectacled eyes moved slowly to Izuna, still scraping away at the ground with that spear of his, eyes narrowing, he spoke up, "So who's that guy? I've never seen him before... Was he even here when this all started?"

I blinked, "Him? Noriyuki Izuna, setting up a barrier to ward off spooky ghosts or something." I shrugged, "He's friendly enough, I guess, seems like he might know a thing or two about what's going on."

I looked at him a bit closely, "He also seems to know about a certain possession of yours, some kinda rock or what have you, I wasn't really paying much attention. You know anything about it?"

I made a backhanded effort at digging for information, I'd heard rumors and hearsay, but I wasn't really affiliated with any of the spooks that went around dealing with that kinda junk.

Blog Entries
    Night

It was a creature much like the beings it instinctively devoured, a whirling apparition, an existence of razor teeth and whirling claws, given strength by your soul to rampage through this world. One of the forbidden arts utilized by certain exorcist families, tying one's soul to another being for the purpose of controlling it's power... For you, this was a curse that you had bore almost as long as the curse given to you by the Kyuubi, and just like that curse...

It was one you could control without really thinking about it.

"Wha-!"

It's silent strides taking it past the hulking figure on the counter-top, the blonde woman beside you calls out in slight confusion at the sight of the creature, and for an instant, her eyes dart from the Wendigo, to the hulking beast that had taken root inside of your soul.

In that instant-

"________!"

The creature starts towards you both as a storm, an impossible torrent of ice, approaches along with it's footsteps, unlike the steps of Blues, loud and obnoxious, steps that made it clear it wanted to tear it's targets to pieces.

Liane takes 20 HP Damage.
    Suzume takes 20 HP Damage.

You accept this.

Used to pain, and seeking to fulfill your responsibility as one who led others, you gave away your strongest weapon and accepted pain as the consequence, not just for you, but for Liane as well.

The girl does not begrudge you for it.

Wanting to protect your friend despite the cost to yourself...

Eight years ago, a goal like that had been the only thing driving her forward through all of the tragedy.

Despite the fact you had accepted your fate of being attacked, possibly hurt and killed, the girl had not.

If you had lost all of your weapons, then that simply meant she would have to be the one who fought.

No hesitation.

It was not a spirit she had faced before, but that didn't matter. This thing, as well as it's master, had come into this place and admitted to harming others... Had helped attack the world that so many had bled to keep alive eight years ago.

To say the woman was upset would be an understatement.

Eyes narrow.

A pale, corpse-like arm grips the girl's shoulders, sharp, razor like teeth go for her neck, and fearing the worst, understanding the considerable power behind those jaws, for a moment your mouth drops in a silent scream, but-

Wendigo takes 40 HP Damage.

The monster's head freezes in place.

Liane's pale hand gripping it's neck with impressive force, the one who emerges at the top of the power struggle is the young shop owner. If the being had been something alive, something that had needed to breathe, it;s large form would be gasping for air... No... The bones in it's neck would probably be broken-!

There's none of the elegant grace associated with exorcists, just brutally blunt movements.

It's in this moment that you realize this girl isn't afraid of fighting dirty.

"Hey, you're the thing that bit Nakamura, right?"

A question that couldn't be answered.

Watching the girl pull back her fist, you come to the conclusion that she more or less has this half of the battle under control...

Meanwhile...

The instant you break free of your binds, aided by your remnant flames, the boy is assaulted by fire of a different sort. It's an attack that catches him off guard, not because it is something he is incapable of dealing with, but because the attack had come from someone besides his main target. Michio, half dead and certainly on his last legs, finishes his chant in a breathless voice, his hands, that had rapidly been forming hand seals freezing in place as fire shoots forth from his form and towards the boy.

Azala Flame Curse.

Hojitsu.

Buddhist chants that could bring about spiritual phenomena.

In this instance, the holy words are a curse meant to incinerate the mocking form of the inhuman boy.

However...

"Slow-!"

Registering it the instant it appears, the boy leaps to the right to avoid it; the snake like flame disappearing into the snowstorm outside. While a failed attack, it is one that seems to stop whatever the boy had been planning to use before, and-

"...!"

Opens him up to the cat demon that had appeared to take his life.

??? takes 70 HP Damage.

Complete brutality.

Barely able to defend himself, the jaws of Aogami, the spectral mouth of a being meant to devour spirits, closes on the boy's body as he turns to it. Teeth pierce flesh, flecks of blood splatter against the window behind them, and for an instant, it seems like this will be the scene of some sort of brutal mauling, a definite murder, but-

"Utpala...? I prefer Pundarika, might as well go all the way!"

Despite his grievous wounds, the boy starts laughing aloud to the world.

And like shrapnel, an impossible amount of ice shards explode forth from his position, along with a faint crimson light.

Aogami takes 50 HP Damage.
    Saki takes 45 HP Damage.
    Megumi takes 45 HP Damage.
    Michio negates the damage?

It's enough to cover the lobby in dozens of miniature dirks of ice, and while you had all managed to avoid the majority, the ones that had slipped through had dealt a considerable amount of damage... Even Aogami had been shaken enough to let go of the man, and that was saying something...

A different attack from the one he had originally planned for Saki alone, but one that had covered the area in order to ensure he struck the maximum number of people.

And his wounds, terrible holes in his neck and sides, were already starting to heal, his eye glowing a vivid red.

...Murdered by a snowman.

It was beginning to seem like he might be very capable of doing that to you all...

----

Michio

Equipment

???
    [Some sort of amulet. Seems to negate ice attacks.]
    Last edited by Airen; July 2nd, 2014 at 10:46 PM.
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai