Page 89 of 165 FirstFirst ... 39798487888990919499139 ... LastLast
Results 1,761 to 1,780 of 3296

Thread: Ga Rei: Exodus Nine (IC)

Blog Entries
    Saki Ryuumonbuchi
    Ryuumonbuchi Residence, Early Morning

“Hmm, hmm, confusion. To be expected.”

Saying so, Saki pointed down to the bindings keeping the boy from rising to his feet and holding his hands, while at the same time glanced up at Phenex in a way that beckoned her guest to do the same.

“Invitation.”

The first of his questions answered, Saki turned about, arms spread as she showed off her room. One of her rooms.

“Castle.” She said, tilting her head back to address his second question.

Taking a step toward the maid, Saki eyed the uniform the demon had prepared. Glancing between Phenex and her guest, she began to imagine the young man dressed in the attire.

“Yes, that is correct. This is the estate of my father, Ryuumonbuchi Hagiyoshi, head of the Ryuumonbuchi clan. Perhaps ours is a name you are familiar with, seeing as you are a wanted criminal.” Eyes glancing up in thought for a second, the Underworld Princess chuckled. “You’re safer here than whatever hole you were hiding in before Phenex plucked you out of it, wouldn’t you think?”

Kneeling down, Saki put her index finger on the bindings holding his arms in check, not giving the cryomancer ESPer room to speak up.

“Well, for now, be at ease. Phenex might have been a tad forceful in ushering you here, but there’s no ill intent or regrettable fate waiting for you under this roof. Rather, you should be elated, Covetous one.”

The Time-Governing Twelve Covenants Airen's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Saki Ryuumonbuchi

"..."

Observing everything silently, the hot-blooded nature apparently fading back to a more dull annoyance, it doesn't take the youth much longer to put the dots together as to what you intended for him to do.

"...So what, you want me to be a butler?"

It's so bizarre he can't quite believe that's actually what you mean, but seeing a 'twitch' of disapproval coming from Phenex at the words, the young man blinks slowly, once, twice, three times...

Before setting his head back down on the ground.

"Getting out of the alleys is nice and all I guess... But do remember I tried to murder you once," pointing this out to you as if he seriously can't believe the implications, the muffled voice grows quieter over time, "Besides... I'm no good in suits."

A weak denial.

A much weaker denial.
    Exodus (Complete)

Even if the author is silenced, the performance is stilled and the actors leave the stage, the story will never truly end.

Regardless of the form it takes, as long as there are memories of it's existence, the story will continue on.

In a small ward in the heart of a once devastated town, life carries on as it always has...

Because of you.

Please, remember it warmly.

We'll continue to walk down this path for eternity.

Mugen No Sekai

"The Illusion Incomplete Memories Produce Are,

Fleeting, Disappearing into the Future,

Until the Ruins of Yesterday Overflow,

For That Which Falls Only to Rise is Simply a--"

Blog Entries
    Saki Ryuumonbuchi

“As expected of the one I chose, you catch on fast.”

Satisfied with the shift in tone, Saki set the bindings holding the young man’s arms alight. Once more a flash of red returned freedom to him.

“Think little of that past. The greatest unions begin not with a spark, but a blaze.” Taking hold of the binding holding the boys legs, Saki burnt them away too.

Taking a step back, she turned to Phenex.

“Worry not over trivialities like your image. I care not for such things, and you’ll never hold a candle to the way Phenex’ visage matches up to the task. Like a lovely portrait of astute servility, this one could be called the ultimate servant, mastering the roles of both maid and butler.” Putting a hand to her chin, Saki pondered for a moment. “Well, such words may be discouraging for yourself. If you’re truly against it, perhaps arrangements could be made to welcome you as an honored guest within the family, though that would be less fun for I.”

After saying so the girl frowned, realizing just what that might entail.

“That might be an even worse hell than living on the streets though…Even if she said yes, living under the scrutinous eyes of mother would be…”

Saki let her voice trail off as she wondered how she would even ask for permission for such a thing from her mother.

Blog Entries
    Mikagura Mika
    Sora's Residence - Nameless Village

“Yeah, that’s true.” I laugh. It’s just an obvious statement, I guess. Even if it was embarrassing, I guess it proves they just really care. Better to have ridiculous moments like this than the lonely alternative. But even so, I don’t quite disagree with Sora’s words.

“Is distrusting you really an instinct? I mean… you’ve looked out for me for so long. Wouldn’t it be weirder of me to be afraid of you?” It’s merely a thought that happens to escape my lips. “Besides, we’re family. Being afraid of family… just isn’t normal.”

Blog Entries
    Mikagura Mika

"..."

Closing her eyes at your words, for a moment, it looks like Sora is lost in some sort of deep thought, but...

With a ghost of a smile on her face, it seems more like she's just trying not to be so honest with her reactions to your words.

"...Spirit Power draws attention to those who have it. Sometimes it's positive, like charisma, but when it gets high enough... It's more intimidating than anything else," explaining something you had already known, the woman nevertheless seems to find it prudent to answer the question honestly, "I've been told it feels like they're being stared down by a dragon, a predator feel... But that's probably just an exaggeration..."

Eyes open, and her head tilts slightly.

"As for you... You're probably just strange," saying it in a way that made it clear it wasn't exactly an insult, the woman swirls sake in a glass, before grunting, shaking her head, and pushing it away from her, "Parents were the same way. As I am now I'm basically a demon... And they both treated me just the same as they always did... Heh, well, maybe that is family... But it might be better to be wary of me, I am a trouble magnet..."

Glancing at the clock, as if realizing that she had started saying strange things, and that she now needed a way out, the woman stands, stretching out to shake the stiffness from her limbs.

"...Anyway, we're here to talk to my boss right," slightly flush from alcohol, but also recovering from it at a clearly inhuman rate, a certain stiffness ironically reenters her stance as her stretching ends, "...We could sneak out now and head over there early, while they're not paying attention... But I think they might just somehow follow us again anyway."
    Exodus (Complete)

Even if the author is silenced, the performance is stilled and the actors leave the stage, the story will never truly end.

Regardless of the form it takes, as long as there are memories of it's existence, the story will continue on.

In a small ward in the heart of a once devastated town, life carries on as it always has...

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Blog Entries
    Mikagura Mika

The thought of Sora as something predatory has not crossed my mind, though it makes sense in retrospect. Perhaps I am weird, or that my senses are sufficiently dull. I wouldn’t be surprised at either or both being true, to be honest. Even before all… this, my life wasn’t exactly what one would call normal. Not after the Kyuubi entered my life.

“If they follow us, that’s that. As long as they don’t interrupt the question and answer session, they’re entitled to listen in.” I give a nonchalant shrug. I’ve already accepted defeat. They’ll meddle because they care and there’s no stopping it… especially when they learn the truth. Aaaaah, why can’t anything go to plan?

Blog Entries
    Mikagura Mika
    Shinoda Mountains ~ Nameless Shrine

"..."

Your first glimpse of the mysterious "Herald of Yatagarsu," was that of a woman cloaked entirely in black. With face and limbs obscured, the woman is a silent, almost otherworldly figure, one that stands at the base of a featureless shrine, looking out at the world with all of the emotion and tells of a human-sized doll of porcelain glass. While you have never met her before, the fact that she lies at the end of this forest path, a path that Sora had quietly led you down in contemplative silence, is enough evidence for you that she is the one that you have been brought here to see; and the judgemental sort of person, you automatically find yourself scanning her for any sort of clue as to what sort of person you would be dealing with.

But additional analysis merely reinforces your initial impression.

From this one, you can feel nothing other than a quiet wisdom, as well as an infinite patience. Arms crossed against her knees, her face is tilted down, and with it her expressions become lost in shadow as well; and while she has no obvious reason for being out here at the shrine other than your approach, it seems she is here for just that reason, as evidenced by how her face follows your approach, invisible eyes watching you without fear.

...While you can't tell much, the feeling you get, as well as the feeling of the souls from your Sea is that...

This person has knowledge that they do not.

Yes.

Knowledge beyond that of humanity's version of the "Akashic Record," they recognize that knowledge they do not possess resides within this one, and thus, the feeling that you are on the right track returns to you.

...But is that a good thing?

"Agent Geirin... It has been some time, but I see that you've brought someone with you..."

Acknowledging her with a small nod...

The woman's invisible gaze seems to focus squarely on you.

"And... Mikagura Mika... Welcome. To what do I owe this visit?"

The wind blows, the cool night air and silver light of the moon making the scene all the more... Surreal...

"Is it knowledge of the Reaper from your past? The return of your memories...?"

Her head tilts.

Her eyes pierce your brain.

"For both of those things... Are things that you need not concern yourself with."
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Gläubig müssen die nicht sein, daran glauben müssen sie I3uster's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Suzume Oshino
    Original Aoyama ~ Liane's Residence
    Time: Near Midnight

I don't like the weather forecast.

There's few things you can rely on less than that. The expression "when pigs fly" has clearly been invented in a time before people were able to say "when the weather forecast's accurate". But there has been an event that kind of shook my perception of them.

A radio foretelling my death.

Wasn't accurate that time either. It came closer than usual, to its credit, but in the end it was still off.

Just as I think I might become comfortable with this place, I feel the painful sensation enveloping my eye, then radiating through my entire skull. It burns like hell.

I walk to the bathroom. I need to take a closer look at this thing. I would not want to disturb Liane's TV watching experience.
    [04:55] Lianru: i3uster is actuallly quite cute

Blog Entries
    Makoto Fujioka
    Nakamura Residence (Ghost mirror)
    Lesson Time

"..."

In retrospect, she probably should have seen it coming.

Watching you throw a tantrum with a tired, half-asleep eye, the silver-haired teenager can't help but sigh to herself at the behavior. It was not the first time she had seen it, and she was certain that it also wasn't going to be the last time that she ever saw it, but that didn't mean that she approved of it either, even if Iza's intervention was, from his perspective, probably an unfair move.

After all, Akio was younger, had never beaten her once, and he hadn't thrown a tantrum like that in years.

Rubbing a building headache, she nevertheless doesn't stop you, at least not yet.

You had things you clearly wanted to say, so she figured she should let you say them before she stopped you cold.

"..."

There were some interesting tidbits mixed in with all of the yelling. She already knew about the coming war, she had been at the meeting with the other ESPers after all, but...

Lady with time powers?

Hide and seek?

Sleepover?

...What?

...Parts of that seemed a bit too important to just gloss over like that, but-

Guard up, the strongest of the Nakamura House does not even flinch when your state of being pulls a 180; from the moment you had gone down, she had known that you were going to get back up again swinging, especially with that mumbled talk of coming to her for training so...

Ah, what the hell...

Might as well...

The moment you rise, the area around you seems to double in weight. A foreign pressure pushing down on your body, the sword, as noisy as it had ever been, goes down to a quiet whisper as all "supernatural force" in the area is denied by the ESP of Tachibana Kimiko.

'Absolute Field.'

A blatantly unfair ability that existed as a 'counter' to all other ESPers.

Strength of the opposing ability did not (seem to) matter; whether it was subtle or blatant was also irrelevant; she didn't even need to know how it worked, once her power was invoked at full strength...

Spiritual Abilities other than her own simply did not function correctly in the surrounding world.

Magic more or less bounced off of her, as did ESP, and while one retained their superhuman physical abilities...

"Hah-!"

When it came to physical fights-

A body rushes towards your own with a certain grace and speed that even a certain reporter friend of yours would have to acknowledge.

Her hand grabs your wrist.

-She had put her all into ensuring she was stronger than anyone else.

The act of her throwing you over her shoulder was a light one.

Having caught you blatantly off guard, and in a moment of heightened emotion to boot, the girl that had decided to humor you with a little sparring session hesitates as to whether or not she should take advantage of this first exchange, and...

In that moment of hesitation, her grip slacks slightly, and you are able to twist away, landing on your feet nearby.

"...Well then, come on if you have something to prove. Throw your best punch; no more crying."

Kimiko

-Spirit Fist-
    Seems to enhance the user's perception of the flow of spiritual power throughout the body of their opponent. More akin to a sixth sense than something that involves the five senses, it seems Kimiko uses it to "judge" whether or not to take certain actions during combat. May actually be a form of martial arts. Further details are unknown.
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Blog Entries
    Watanabe Tomoya
    Theme Park - Dream Aoyama
    Sunset

"...Huh?"

She seemed to be having trouble comprehending the meaning behind the words you had used; while this was not the first time you had been this close, with a lot of your sparring matches ending with her throwing you into the ground at her feet, this was the first time that you had been this close in a scenario that she had not had time to mentally prepare herself for undertaking.

Simply put, it caught her completely off guard.

In many ways, her point of view towards things still seemed to be remarkably innocent.

"Uhm... Yes! What are we doing?! Excellent question," voice hasty, panicked, eyes dart to the side for a second as she tries (somewhat in vain) to recollect her own thoughts, "My balance was broken by a machine, it is truly shameful, but your body did not move! Excellent physique now that I've felt it again, like steel, very defined, but of course you can see that just by looking at you-!"

Brain catching up to the words she was spouting a bit too late, her mind seems to break a little bit more.

"I- I have no impure intentions!"

Yes.

Quite the declaration.

...Still made without recovering her balance.

"Please forgive my momentary clumsiness-!"
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Blog Entries
    Suzume Oshino

It takes some effort, but looking into the mirror, using your hands to do what the eye no longer seemed capable of doing, you had managed to open up the perpetually numb eye under your own power. In spite of it's opening you still can't see out of it, and that sensation, the sight of your eye being open in your reflection, but your personal sense of self refusing to give you any extra information in spite of that, was one that wasn't exactly great for the psyche.

It almost made you feel like you had really gone blind in this eye, although that was probably just the 'seal," as Liane had put it, but...

Looking at it now, there was very clearly something off about is visually, even if it didn't look like it was actually damaged.

First of all, it was the wrong color, an inhuman blue, a dark shade of azure that reminded you of gemstones, that made the iris of your eye look like it bore that same sort of rock-like texture, and...

...It also... Felt like it was sentient.

Like your eye was 'possessed.'

...Because now that it was open, you could sense 'feelings' coming from it.

Just the lightest touch, like a door that was only open a crack, you brush against it with your power but then instinctively pull away...

...Because it was a mess of conflicting emotions-

Positive and negative, running the entire length of the human heart.

-And there was no way of telling how it would react to you probing any further.
    Last edited by Airen; April 23rd, 2017 at 08:04 PM.
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Blog Entries
    Suzume Oshino

The perception of an emotion is difficult to explain. Much like explaining color to a blind person, without any comparison trying to talk too much about it would just run me in circles. I do not really "feel" what they are feeling, just "perceive" it. But regardless, strong emotional turmoil can feed back into me.

Much like staring into a bright light eventually becomes an uncomfortable sensation, trying to figure out what is happening inside of my eye is starting to strain my head. And yet, even as the sensation becomes uncomfortable I do not try to avert my focus on it.

Maybe this is my curiosity.

Maybe it was just a reflex, like picking scabs, or running your tongue across a wound in your mouth.

And just like these, what I am about to do probably isn't too smart.

Too bad there is no mother to tell me to quit it here right now.

[Use: Love and Peace]

Blog Entries
    Suzume Oshino

Your mind slips away from you.

It was the best way to describe the sensation, reaching out to touch something with your thoughts, to perceive something more tangible than just a "mass," you reach out for the cracked door, the gateway, and are immediately swept away in it's wake.

To describe it in another way, the moment you had attempted to push your way inside, something had grabbed you and pulled you in instead, like the hook of a fisherman snapping it's prey from the water.

It's quick.

It's easy.

Your consciousness just going out with the flip of a switch, your ability to perceive the real world is lost to you, and instead...

You find yourself watching watching fragments of memories.

---

It was certainly a haunted coffee shop.

Following the rumors of a cafe operated by ghosts, that dark-haired girl had decided on a whim to explore the place without her guardian. The coffee shop Master was a strange woman, blonde and energetic, running an entire work shift with little more than the spirits of the dead to keep her company; she was not someone that was very popular, not with normal people anyway, and the girl had been able to tell that from the start.

She had noticed her watching the ghosts, and had asked her about it.

There was a certain sense of loneliness in the woman, other than the spirits, there was simply no one else in the shop.

Meaning to leave more or less immediately now that she had seen it was fine, the girl had nevertheless felt a little bad about the whole thing.

All that person wanted was someone to talk to, and it seemed like, for some reason, she wasn't getting even that.

So she had stayed, if only for a little while. She got coffee for free, as well as loads of advice on the spiritual realm, it was a good trade in many ways.

To just be a soundboard, that was fine.

Later that night, the world freezes over.

The enemy is a wendigo, a spirit of cannibalism and cold led by a boy driven mad by the loss of the children he had looked out for his whole life. It was the sort of fight she had been training for, but strangely, she had frozen up when it appeared, frozen not just because she was afraid...

But because she lacked conviction.

Not knowing what she wanted, unable to take this step forward without her friend at her side, by the time she had shaken it off, that blonde woman had already defeated both the Wendigo and the boy all on her own.

She had collapsed after doing it.

There was something wrong with her, if she strained her body too hard, it seemed to borderline shut down for no observable.

Even so, on hands and knees, that person had asked if she was alright, and-

The scene jumps.

A mass of memories that weren't focusing on anything in particular, you regain yourself only to lose yourself to the flow of memories later on.

That woman had been an exorcist, but she had always called herself a witch.

Introducing herself as a witch, never once calling herself an exorcist, she probably shouldn't have been surprised when her teacher had pulled out a portable house for them to go camping in a haunted forest.

Or well, the woman had called it a portable Atelier, but...

Three stories on the inside, even though it was barely the size of a tent on the outside, with beds and libraries, and a kitchen, it was...

Definitely a house.

Really it was only missing a bathroom.

It was the first show of truly absurd magic she had been shown, using magic (Actually Alchemy, she had said) to sort of bend space-time to fit things into impossible shapes...

It violated several rules of reality, but she had laughed, lit a cigarette (which was then snatched away) and been forced to accept it.

It was better than sleeping out in a forest full of wraiths after all, even though they had come here for the purposes of getting stronger.

Yeah... That's right, stronger...

Because there was a war coming...

It wasn't all fun and games, but...

Well, she had always said it was important to not stress too hard about things.

Picture breaking.

Static rumbling.

Jumping from one thing to the next.

A broken television shows scattered images of an oh so familiar, but far too foreign life.

Humanity wins the war against the Gods.

It was all a divine ritual, something they had called the "Conception" where gods, demons, and humans fight over the right to remake the world as they see fit.

Humans had betrayed the Gods last time, so this time, they hadn't been able to expect anything but bitterness.

Even so, they had won.

Somehow, impossibly, they had won a war against the Divine.

Even with her, barely able to defeat even a Demon...

They had still won.

Those who had needed to pull through had done so.

And thus, the world that had been destroyed had been repaired just as quickly.

The ultimate winner of the War, Liane Cross had put everything back the way it was, restored the world to how it should be, with the help of a Goddess clad in blue.

But she was still worried.

They had won, but there was a fear building in her chest.

Because there was something crawling around under the ground, not a God, not a Demon, but something sickeningly human, a manifest curse, a black mud.

Looking out at the reborn world a few weeks after it's construction, she had felt it then, moving around beneath her feet, had felt it then, when she had tried to talk to Saki and the girl had just started blankly into the nothingness, when Liane had heard a roar in the distance and told her to stay at the shop, had felt it then, when-

"...No-!"

-In the span of a single finger snap, the saved world had eaten itself.

Or to put it more accurately...

The world just reaches it's inevitable conclusion.

Win or lose, the war doesn't matter.

They die to the demons and gods, or they win and are devoured by their own darkness shortly afterwards.

A world without a future, that was what this place was...

And only at the shrieking, screaming end...

Had she met someone who kept it going in spite of that; a certain reporter with whom she had made a deal in order to avert fate, but one who had smiled coldly, laughed sadly, and told her...

That she would grant that wish, but even that sort of effort was pointless.

The world had been so broken by people that it had finally just gotten stuck, it had become a festival without end.

So she should just enjoy her repeated, doomed existence.

Because that was all the world was going to get.

Staring into a reflection.

Thrown out of the sea of memories by a strange force that felt far too much like yourself, like that other you you had met, the eye you had been unconsciously keeping open with your fingers slams itself shut once more, forcing your fingers to comply in a manner that once again resembles the effects of possession...

...Just like that.

You had been told, without words, that those things were something you should not be looking at.
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Makoto Fujioka
    Nakamura Residence (Ghost mirror)
    Crunch Time!

“Hwaaa.”

Crying out as I sail through the air after twisting my way out of Kimichi’s grasp I land lightly on my feet and turn to face her. Mmmn hard, starting straight ahead I shift back and forth as I contemplate, how? Just how will I hug Kimichi, the easy way didn’t work because stupid hat lady but I still want to hug Kimichi SO I WON’T LOSE. …It just won’t be easy.

A straight punch with my full strength would be guided aside… An overhead strike would be drawn off balance… Uuuu I don’t know…

Faced with the unmoving figure of her in front of me and the memories of invincibility I can only grind my teeth until hearing her words I simply stick my tongue out at her and blow with everything, PHHHHHHHHHHHT.

"...Well then, come on if you have something to prove. Throw your best punch; no more crying."

Gathering my full strength I kick off the ground and charge forward reading an all-out punch, yet just a half step before her as she begins to shift to meet me I switch my targets. Slamming the blow into the ground I twist to maintain my momentum as I carve and throw up the dirt and debris as a cloud to engulf her. Kimichi is super hard to catch so before I put everything into charging straight head I’ll begin with this.

Following through with my movement I then leap upwards to put me just above the cloud, there hanging in the air for a lazy second I twist and use the rotational energy to bring me slamming down like a spinning drill.

Step one gooooooooooo!

Now I just had to see how Kimchi would act…

Blog Entries
    Saki Ryuumonbuchi

"I'll never allow it."

Having done his/her best to hold her tongue up until now, it seems that it's the implication that you'll (somehow) make the boy an honored guest of the family that finally causes the maid to put her foot down in a rather bizarre way.

"This one is a fool who cannot understand a gift, so I will explain it to him in a manner that he should be able to comprehend."

With Sho freed but still down on the ground, as if aware of the fact that moving when the maid was in her rage mode was probably a poor idea, the young man nevertheless meets her gaze fearlessly as she kneels down at his side.

...Even if the balance of power here was still very, very clear.

A smug sort of grin that was almost... cruel.

"You were being pursued by the Agency, correct?" It is a question that does not really need an answer, one hand lightly on his head, it's hard to tell if the gesture is actually threatening or not, "They were about... A block away from your current position when we had our last... Discussion. You are not entirely foolish, so I'm sure you were also aware of the current... status... Of the Agency."

"..."

"That's right... Each and everyone of them are wraiths. Radiating the power of Bane Stones in their undeath as well... If they hunt you down, exactly how much of a chance do you really think you have...?"

"...Heh. Damn maid..."

Mischievously cruel before, when the boy looks down, Phenex's expression...

Changes to a deadly seriousness.

"...Stay here and pay back your debt, foolish ice-heart. Milady has offered, and neither Master or myself will allow a parasite on the property. So take it, it is, most likely, the last chance you'll have to gain relative safety."

...It's far more ominous than anything else she has said so far, and, perhaps because she is being so serious about it, instead of going out of her way to torment him more (although this reprieve was almost certainly temporary) the youth...

"...Fine, whatever."

Grabs the outstretched uniform.

"...Where the hell do I change?"

...And continues to use irreverent speech.
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Blog Entries
    Saki Ryuumonbuchi

It was close to unnerving how well that had worked.

Saki thought that Phenex might intercede if she suggested allowing the boy in as a guest, but even the young girl was slightly surprised at the force with which the maid-and-sometimes-butler had stepped in. Utterly obliterating any chances of such a thing, the servant swiftly, forcefully and unfairly laid out the truth of the matter to the young man.

In such a way that left no room to argue or refuse.

“I thought as much, but you really are peerless, Phenex.”

An insensitive, thoughtless compliment. Spoken without hesitation or concern, and then just as quickly put in the past as Saki began to consider the boy’s question.

“There will be quarters prepared for your personal use. Of course, they will be adequately furnished. You’ll certainly find them to your liking; I swear so upon my cavernous soul. Once your Vessel has been taken care of something will need to be done about the way you speak, but such trifles can wait. As for right now…”

Phenex should have certainly seen it coming. If anyone knew the young criminal princess, it was he, she, it. For a girl her age, she lacked a certain type of ‘awareness.’ Perhaps she was born such a way, trading that ‘awareness’ for her peculiarities that made her ‘her.’ Much like her father had traded some of the common sense humans are born with for the peculiarities that made him ‘him.’ She was every bit his daughter.

Blissfully unaware of certain things.

Proud to a fault, but in some areas.

“You can change right here.”

And completely shameless in others.

Watanabe Tomoya
    Theme Park - Dream Aoyama
    Sunset

"...Huh?"

Oh, right. Heart of an unstoppable hellbeast, might've missed that one.

Still, I had the advantage, just give it a second to process.

With a sudden twitch, she returned to life, expression reddening further as she became even more flustered.

"Uhm... Yes! What are we doing?! Excellent question-"

Her eyes darted around, a cornered animal.

Is it cruel of me to be enjoying this so much?

"My balance was broken by a machine, it is truly shameful, but your body did not move! Excellent physique now that I've felt it again, like steel, very defined, but of course you can see that just by looking at you-!"

My eyebrows crept up my face, and I didn't respond, still comfortable in my position.

"I- I have no impure intentions!"

Nah. Something this golden had to be acknowledged, I'm worried my heart might give out, though.

She remains on top of me despite all of this.

Kusumi-san, you seem to be of two minds about this.

"Please forgive my momentary clumsiness-!"

However, I am magnanimous and kind in all dealings, and will allow her to escape without too much teasing.

Still.

"Oh, I dunno, lying all on top of me like this, really it's all rather sudden. Still, I could forgive you, if you do one small thing for me, out of the goodness of your heart."

I smile beatifically, a kindly saint.

"Give me a kiss, and we'll call it even."

Let's just see where this goes.

Blog Entries
    Fushigi Sayara
    The Matrix

"God fucking dammit!"

I can't help but shout out as I swing around and get the shitty priest back in my sights. Having missed my attack again, my blood starts to boil and I can feel an uncomfortable heat welling up within my body. Anticipation and excitement has gotten the better of me... And rage is quickly mixing in. Eyes widening with a primal madness, I'm sure they're givin' off a different message than the shit-eating grin creepin' across my face.

"So you are using some crummy fucking trick aren't you, ya dusty bastard!? And here I was thinkin' you'd actually put up a decent fight with muscle alone! Goddammit that pisses me off!!"

He's been playing me this whole time. Just weaving and slipping through everything I throw at him, playing like he's just barely managing while giving me a run for my money the whole time. But the truth of the matter is that he's just been faking it. He isn't trying to match my physical condition. He's just trying to work around it. Do as little as he can to conserve his energy while trying to figure shit out. One of those scheming, precision assholes that you see in manga all the time. The kind of person I hate.

"Gah!!" I frantically run my fingers through my hair as I try to contain all this anger, "I can't lose myself like this! How am I supposed to enjoy my fights when all you assholes nowadays just want to think about every fucking thing!? The demons are more entertaining than you!!!"

I shout again and try to vent, but it doesn't feel like it's working. No matter how much I try to calm myself, the heat in my body just continues to rise. Adrenaline flows unregulated and my brain starts pounding. It's my own way of telling myself to just stop. My head is hurting because thoughts are unnecessary. My body is burning because I need to fight. Nothing else needs to be taken into consideration.

"Fine then..." I grip my sword even tighter and start to laugh. Eyes set on the priest, I fill myself with this sensation - this thirst- that wants to rule my entire being, "If you want to use tricks... Then we can use tricks..."

I can hear Jojo pounding on the barrier behind me. Anyone with half a brain would be able to tell that she's trying to say something. To warn me of something. But it doesn't really matter here. Even if I was able to tell what she was saying, planning just isn't something that I do. Even if I was able to tell just what the hell this bastard is doing, it's not like I'd have a way of countering it. But, most of all, even if I was able to counter this crap in some way... there'd be no fun in that at all. If there's one thing I want out of this whole mess, it's to crush this pious asshole after he's placed every card he has on the table and send him home crying with his balls dribbling out of his stupid mouth.

I will kill this man.

My desire is to kill this man.

Coming from somewhere deep inside me, I can feel this truth more than anything. It overrides all other thought. All other experiences. The words of my father try to call out to me from the back of my mind, but they are quickly silenced. "He isn't here" is all I have to tell myself. "No one has to know" is what eggs me on. And "it's just one life" is all it takes for me to justify this sadistic lust taking root in my heart.

I slowly lower myself into another stance. As I do, the air around me warps. The sacred steel resting within my grasp is slowly lifted out of my palm, clutched by a pale spectral hand. All ten of my fingers spread out across the digital floor, followed shortly by an extra five ghostly digits placing themselves just ahead of my left. I position myself like an animal ready to pounce- legs ready to spring me forward while two more astral limbs extend from my waist and provide stability.

Soul Shredding

This is the true essence of my ability. My 'ESP' as they call it. But I know better than that...

It's something dangerous, both for me and the poor bastards I decide to show it to. But I can't be bothered by all that... This is how I do things! Screw all that plotting and scheming bull! I'll throw everything I've got at my target and fly by my instincts until I get the desired result. Tooth, nail, sword, even my own soul-! I don't give a damn what I have to use. All of it is me and I give myself entirely to what I want.

"I don't really get that dumb trick of yours, but if you want to make me move unnaturally... Then I'll just have to move my body unnaturally, right?"

With sword raised, I push forward on three hands and four legs- rushing at the priest like a starved beast. But if he thinks he can just keep evading my blade like this, he's got another thing coming. Compared to him, I might just be some dumb animal, but even we dumb animals have our own talents.
    "I promise nothing." - Sei "Kanra" Slayers
    Resident Sadist. Enjoys stepping and sitting on people.
    Avid lover of butts and anime.

Blog Entries
    Suzume Oshino

My focus shifts, and as my sight returns to the familiar place I just "left", my own reflection manages to startle me. I jump back from the mirror, my chest heaving and lowering in an erratic rhythm, far too fast. This wasn't a gentle sleep I just woke up from, no. A nightmare? Not really. But a shock nonetheless.

What am I, a skittish rodent or something?

I think I have enough of far too realistic visions by now if I am entirely honest. That however...it was not a look into the future. It covered events that...had already happened? And no great burning to speak of. And yet...some of it still had to happen.

My head hurts. I really don't come prepared for this kind of stuff. Spirits? Fine. Gods? Less so. Now being assaulted by visions of the future-past-parallel whatever? I'm out.

My fist hits the mirror. It's not a punch, just a slight tap with its underside, but loud enough to be audible. Under my breath I mutter "All I wanted was a job out of high school, damn it." And reflexively I reach for my chest pocket.

But I am not wearing my jacket.

I sigh.

"Liane. You noticed, right?"

Loud enough for her to hear. Not that she needed that.

Blog Entries
    Suzume Oshino
    Time: Midnight

"Yeah, lived through a war kid, I always know when people are moving around in my space."

While it had felt like she had been sleeping out on the balcony before, having left the television set on in the living room, the Liane that had made her way back inside, casually chucking a plastic cup into the sink, was one that had snapped from unconscious to absolutely alert at the pace of a few footsteps.

"That... And I have one hell of a caffeine addiction, so sleep and I aren't often on speaking terms."

Leaning back against the wall outside the bathroom, the woman that had been roused by the simple sound of someone's footsteps, fishes into the depths of her pockets, before casually flicking a cigarette your way.

"Insomnia? No smoking in the house, but if you want, we can talk outside?"

Hand on her hair, at least she seemed relatively normal.
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai