Page 8 of 165 FirstFirst ... 3678910131858108 ... LastLast

Thread: Ga Rei: Exodus Nine (IC)

Blog Entries
    Saki Ryuumonbuchi
    New Aoyama, Inside ‘Brewed Awakenings’
    Night

HP: 290 SP: 340 RP: 100

Aogami. As expected the sight of the beast that Suzume commanded could only mean that Saki’s lord had decided that the time for holding back is long gone. Many times had Saki seen Aogami’s strength, what the nekomata was capable of. She respected, revered, and adored that power. That power that Suzume controlled, and so that respect, reverence, and adoration was given to Suzume in turn. The presence of Aogami joining the fray was enough to assure Saki that the battle was already in her favor.

When the nekomata’s giant jaws clamped down on the enemy’s chest that assurance almost seemed realized. Even after seeing the impressive healing power the boy had shown before, to regenerate from damage as extensive as what Aogami had done to him would be, in a word, “monstrous.”

"Utpala...? I prefer Pundarika, might as well go all the way!"
    Completely unfazed. Even with his body crushed and run through by Aogami’s bite the damage he had suffered didn’t even register. ESPers, though naturally durable and easily capable of recovering from such wounds given time, would at least feel something from an attack like that. Even one who was specialized in defense would at least acknowledge the damage they had suffered, yet -

"Well hey, a bunch of monsters playing human... This is disgustingly cute."

The first words the enemy had spoken replayed in Saki’s memory. When the intruder had called the group ‘monsters’ the girl would have scoffed at the accusation had she not been overcome with anger. Even Saki, as aware and intimate with her power which surpassed human limits, the girl who embraced separating herself from humanity and exercised her unnatural power with unbound glee, never considered herself a ‘monster.’

Though she eagerly separated herself from humanity, the girl still clung to her sense of self, and in doing so she also separated herself from the vengeful spirits that could rightfully be called ‘monsters.’ Saki took pride in being neither man nor beast, but in being something new. A Child of the Kyuubi, an entirely new existence that had sprung forth into the world on that day eight years ago. To say that the girl was a monster, to say that the girl was playing human, both of these were equally laughable.

In turn, Saki never once considered the enemy before her to be human. Nor did she consider him to be a monster.

But…

As the storm of ice battered her body, ripping her shirt and tearing her flesh, she understood.

This man, his power, it was indeed that of a monster. His strength surpassed what Saki understood a Child of the Kyuubi to be capable of. There was something unnatural, something different within him that separated his strength from ESPers like Saki. And were Saki to take hold of that same power, she too would certainly be a monster.

The tattered, bloody body of Saki Ryuumonbuchi once again cloaked itself in fire. Even having evaded the majority of the ice more than enough had managed to connect. The possibility of completely avoiding the attack had been present, but to do so would accomplish nothing. Expending her reserves to dodge the enemy’s attacks would only drag the fight out, and the longer the fight went on the more Megumi would be caught in the crossfire.

For the sake of victory, taking a hit or two would be necessary.

A thin red trail of blood ran along Saki’s arm, spilling out of an ice dirk embedded in her shoulder. Pride prevented the girl from showing any signs of pain from the multiple wounds across her body, but as the dirk melted under her flames she couldn’t suppress showing her relief at the foreign object being driven out of her body.

But alongside that relief was another emotion. One that opposed the anger from before. Even after being slighted by this man there was no denying that his power was real, his strength great. And in that truth Saki found great satisfaction. To wield her flame against ice of such magnitude, there was nothing more poetic, nothing more beautiful. For her to find such a splendid foe on this night, the girl would have never thought that she would have encountered such a person when she had left with her lord to inspect the café the two had heard of.

Truly, this battle, this enemy, this night. All of them surpassed that night eight years ago when the young girl had taken her first step away from humanity, as she stepped out of the shadow of the Kyuubi which had appeared so suddenly over the skies of Tokyo Bay. Never had she considered that she would find such happiness again, especially not in a tiny café.

"Yamaraja's judgement is final. Your only destination is Yamaloka, and these flames are the Yamaduta that shall guide you there."

As her spirit roared Saki’s ember wreath roared in turn, reaching their zenith, the flames once again stepped forth, separating from Saki. An ember footprint appeared in the wooden floor of Brewed Awakenings as yet again, a Remnant of Saki Ryuumonbuchi was born into the world.

At the same time, the first Remnant, having reached the now even more wounded Megumi, brought itself down to one knee as it reached out for the frozen shackles binding the older woman.

“Don’t move.” In the voice of Saki, though masked under the crackling flame that the Remnant was born of, the fire spoke. With one simple command the Remnant took hold of the ice holding Megumi down. One wrong move from the older woman, or even one mistake by the Remnant, would easily result in Megumi getting burnt. A burn that Saki would rather not have to inflict. Delicately, the Remnant caressed the ice, melting the bindings under its touch while avoiding touching Megumi.

There was no guarantee that simply burning away the ice wasn’t already enough to burn Megumi. But avoiding direct contact would be enough to keep any potential damage to a minimum. Had Saki not devoted herself so fully to mastering her own power she likely would have already burnt the woman’s legs to a crisp, but the finely controlled Remnant’s flames precisely and mechanically shaved away the bindings without making direct contact with the woman. Years of obsessive training paid off as the Remnant melted away the last of the ice.

Standing back up the Remnant turned its burning back to Megumi, placing itself between the woman and the man.

“If you have any strength left in you,” speaking without turning to face the woman behind her the Remnant watched as another burning image of Saki Ryuumonbuchi stepped into the world. “Then this Remnant of Ryuumonbuchi Saki asks that you lend it to us.”

With a smile, the Remnant tilted its head to look at the woman behind it. If the wendigo’s curse was still rendering the woman half blind was unknown to her, but still the Remnant decided to make eye contact as it gave its request.

“This battlefield is a sublime plot of land to make a suitable garden. Flames will decorate it as flowers would, blooming in vivid color and strength. However, that is not enough.”

The combined might of Nakamura Megumi and Saki Ryuumonbuchi’s fire still hung fresh in the Remnant’s memory. A tinge of eagerness slipped into its burning tone as the Remnant addressed the woman. Beneath the voice of the Remnant, with crackled and popped like fire with every word, was the same unbridled glee that Saki herself felt for her power.

“Every garden needs a gardener, and there is none more suitable for the task than you.”

HP: 290 SP: 290 RP: 100
    Last edited by Spinach; July 7th, 2014 at 12:44 AM.

Gläubig müssen die nicht sein, daran glauben müssen sie I3uster's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Suzume Oshino
    New Aoyoma, Outside 'Brewed Awakenings'
    Night

HP: 450 SP: 270 RP: 100

A few scratches, a few shredded pieces of skirt and jacket hitting the ground and a slight sensation of pain. Just enough to keep me from getting sloppy. The Wendigo's assault was not life-threatening in the slightest. Which leads me to believe that it was just playing with us.

A distraction, mostly. Just to keep us two out of combat.

For a man who talked like an apex predator for his introduction, that does seem like a bit lacking in confidence, doesn't it? Having to divide and conquer like that. Strength in numbers was too a strength, and he fears ours.

It passes by me, seemingly not interested in me too much after scratching me up like that. I don't know if I should feel insulted or not.

Rows of white razors offer me a swift answer to this question. It knew exactly where to attack, going straight for her jugular. The simple division tactic has turned into an assassination attempt. I want to shout out to her but I'm paralyzed, still recovering from the assault from a second before.

I move closer, trying to tackle her away. To tackle her. To get between her and the thing, anything to not let this happen again.

I was not needed.

Her hand gripped the Wendigo so tightly I almost expect it to burst open any second now. The reversal of the situation was almost comical. But I had no time to linger around here any longer and watch her beat it over and over. Here I am only dead weight. I have to...

At first I feel them in my face. A very sensitive area, not made to withstand great pain. Cuts, marring my skin and trickling with a warm liquid. Then my arms. As my eyes wander down my jacket I see a slowly expanding spot of red. Like a flood filling an invisible basin.

This was not the Wendigo.

I felt it, almost as if it was me that bit down on him. It got him, but at a price. He's bringing out the big guns now, and I have to help as best as I can.

Even if it means leaving Liane behind for now.

"I have to go..."

I mount over the counter top, shooting Liane a last, reassuring gaze as I move over it. In my left hand are strips of paper. A parting gift, as there isn't much else I can do at this moment.

As I land I throw the tag backwards towards the immobilized Wendigo.

Chaos and ice shards greet me as I return to the main event. Saki was working on freeing her new girlfriend, and Aogami cowered close to her, snarling at our opponent.

"Back of the feet, knees, take your pick."

I give him a new command. With all of us standing ready, we only had to ensure one thing to win this fight.

He shall not get away.

As if my words alone calmed him, Aogami charges the man once more.
    [04:55] Lianru: i3uster is actuallly quite cute

The Time-Governing Twelve Covenants Airen's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mikaruga Mika
    ???
    Late Night/Early Morning

It was perhaps, the second strangest situation you had ever found yourself in, just falling slightly behind the incident with the Kyuubi all those years ago. It wasn't like your life was normal, far from it, you were a person that existed in the minds of many people as a "champion." But even for you, this was the first time you had ever found yourself in the back of a military helicopter, sitting alongside a bunch of suited men and women, who had, with their guns, as well as their supernaturally imposing figures, 'convinced' you to come along with them about an hour ago, when the moon, to your eyes, had turned from white to black.

While you were someone who was quite capable of dealing with modern weaponry, these guys gave off the feeling of being exorcists, and like it or not, as a "Child of the Kyuubi," you were probably considered to be a youkai to them. Of course, this raised the question of exactly why they had chosen to arrest you now, but you got the feeling that, because they hadn't actually hurt you yet, and had seemed somewhat hesitant when requesting your presence, that this was probably a case of simply being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Earlier today, you had avoided such a scenario through luck, but it seemed you were destined to get caught up in weird events one way or the other.

Wrapped up in a card game, you had been away from Aoyoma when everything there had gotten weird. Reports had appeared over the news about power outages and poisonous gas leaks, and being a sane individual, you had decided to avoid the place.

Of course, you, along with a few other people you had recognized as ESPers, had been apprehended for unclear reasons shortly after making that decision, and here you were now.

"Hey assholes, how long until we get some answers as to why we just got kidnapped? This is bullshit." One of those who had been caught after you, a punk looking teenager, expresses his opinion on the situation with a surprising amount of disregard for the massive numbers disadvantage you guys have...

Half of you expects the kid to get shot, but you know instinctively that they won't hurt him. There's no killing intent coming from anyone in here, just a general sense of anxiety, like everyone was nervous...

Of course you don't expect them to actually answer him either. After all, this wouldn't be the first time tonight one of the passengers had asked a question and was ignored.

However...

"...You're right, I probably should explain."

Someone finally bothers to answer.

"My name is Sora, but my friends call me Light, so you guys can call me that I guess," her smile strained, the blonde woman's eyes are serious, the type of eyes a person carries when something dear to them is at risk, "I'm an exorcist with the Supernatural Disaster Countermeasures Division. Officially, we don't exist. However, we have been called in to deal with a certain situation in Aoyoma, and it's not something we can solve without a Child of Kyuubi on our side, so sorry, but I'm gonna need your guys help for a little while."

Her words are clear, and while their meaning is hard for you to completely understand, it seems like she's trying to be friendly, and seems to regret having to force you guys into this.

"If it makes you feel any better, the problem we're trying to solve is something that could destroy Tokyo if left unchecked, so hey, this is a chance to play hero I guess? And you'll certainly be paid for your efforts~" Laughing awkwardly, the woman's serious eyes never actually fade, "Is that a good enough explanation for you? You've been drafted to save a major city. Any other questions?"

There's definitely more to do it than that.

For one thing...

She hasn't specified exactly what she wants you to do in Aoyoma.

But at the same time... Do you really wanna know?
    Exodus (Complete)

Even if the author is silenced, the performance is stilled and the actors leave the stage, the story will never truly end.

Regardless of the form it takes, as long as there are memories of it's existence, the story will continue on.

In a small ward in the heart of a once devastated town, life carries on as it always has...

Because of you.

Please, remember it warmly.

We'll continue to walk down this path for eternity.

Mugen No Sekai

"The Illusion Incomplete Memories Produce Are,

Fleeting, Disappearing into the Future,

Until the Ruins of Yesterday Overflow,

For That Which Falls Only to Rise is Simply a--"

Blog Entries
    Jacques Dussault
    Outside 'For Pete's Sake', New Aoyama
    Night

When you awoke, you found yourself stuck under a pile of rubble.

It was a confusing situation, for one thing, you couldn't actually remember going to sleep at all. There had been some sort of nightmare, you had been at work.... And then there had been a bunch of living shadows and white eyes in the darkness, and hands... Countless hands dragging you down and out of the shop for one reason or another...

But that had just been a nightmare right?

Of course, someone like you could accept the concept of living shadows, after all, ghosts were a thing, so something like that was definitely possible as well...

Regardless of how it had happened, you were in a small bit of trouble. Putting aside the fact that it felt like someone had clubbed you over the head with a pipe, the area around you almost made it look like a bomb had gone off somewhere nearby, and the resulting explosion had left you buried beneath what seemed to be pieces of a house. The debris were all big pieces, chunks of concrete that had fallen not only on top of you, but also dangerously close to your head, like makeshift javelins. There was little light coming from the spaces between the piles of debris, although you could hear the sounds of people talking somewhere in the distance, familiar voices, voices identical to those you were used to hearing at the bar...

Maybe it hadn't been a nightmare after all.

Shifting uncomfortably, you move to push the debris off of you, but...

It's a bit too heavy for you, you can move it slightly, but it seemed that quite a large piece of whatever this building had used to be was weighing you down.

If you had been a normal human, that weight alone may have been enough to kill you, but as you were now, it was just slightly uncomfortable... Of course, that didn't change the fact that being stuck like this was definitely not a good thing...

If the shadows from your memory had been real... Then you were caught in another spirit incident.

And being struck under debris like this was just asking for some sort of wraith to come finish you off... However, as you contemplate the worst case scenario-!

"Jacques."

Someone says your name, it's a female voice, slow and emotionless, but definitely a human one.

And as the sound fades into the dark, the rocks above you shift, are tossed aside, and a woman appears in your field of vision.

It takes you a moment to understand.

She's pale, tall, and pretty good looking, but even though she didn't seem to be hostile, there was just something off about her...

She almost felt like...

Like...

Like a certain nine tailed fox that had changed everything eight years ago.

"Jacques."

Even as you remember the feeling, the girl says your name again with absolutely no malice, just a nod of her head and silence.

...It was kinda cute in a way, but that same feeling, the feeling that you were looking directly at the spirit fox, did not leave you.

She had been strong enough to pick the debris off of you... But what did she want?

...How did she know your name?
    Exodus (Complete)

Even if the author is silenced, the performance is stilled and the actors leave the stage, the story will never truly end.

Regardless of the form it takes, as long as there are memories of it's existence, the story will continue on.

In a small ward in the heart of a once devastated town, life carries on as it always has...

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Blog Entries
    Mikagura Mika
    ???
    Late Night/Early Morning

There are a lot of things I never want to do, and one of them is go to Aoyama. Ever since the incident eight years ago the area has been—hate to say it like this—“off.” Exorcists and spirits abound in that place, and my job is private investigator, not paranormal investigator. Not to mention it just brings up bad memories.

I can still hear the sound of steel crashing against steel, glass shattering into thousands of pieces, even if I fleetingly think of what happened all that time ago. I should be over it, like a mature adult.

Right. Focus. You aren't in a situation to be sentimental. I've been kidnapped and forced to go back to Aoyama despite all those disastrous news reports. Considering how the moon is black, it has to be a spiritual disaster of some kind. I'd bet my deck on it.

"Hey assholes, how long until we get some answers as to why we just got kidnapped? This is bullshit." One of those who had been caught after you, a punk looking teenager, expresses his opinion on the situation with a surprising amount of disregard for the massive numbers disadvantage you guys have...
    Brash, up front, probably an idiot. I know the type. They think they can play cards but their gut instinct fails them every single time against somebody who can think. Not really worth talking to, I admit.

"...You're right, I probably should explain."
    Oh, an explanation? That would be nice.

As she talks, I begin to shuffle my deck, the 680 yen green sleeves moving back and forth in my hands. Let's see if I can test myself.

"My name is Sora, but my friends call me Light, so you guys can call me that I guess," her smile strained, the blonde woman's eyes are serious, the type of eyes a person carries when something dear to them is at risk,
    Light? Really? What a dork, and I'm the one shuffling Yu-Gi-Oh cards.

"I'm an exorcist with the Supernatural Disaster Countermeasures Division. Officially, we don't exist. However, we have been called in to deal with a certain situation in Aoyoma, and it's not something we can solve without a Child of Kyuubi on our side, so sorry, but I'm gonna need your guys help for a little while."
    The half-hearted smile and the solemn eyes seem accurate. I wouldn't want to be dragging innocent people into a hell like Aoyama either. But at the same time, we're the only ones for the job? How does she know that? What can we even do?

This is just ridiculously suspicious. But they're the government, can't fight against that.

With a sigh, I go back to the cards. The three copies of Judgment Dragon should be the seventeenth, twenty-first, and thirty-third cards in the deck, based on the way I shuffled. Time to check.

"If it makes you feel any better, the problem we're trying to solve is something that could destroy Tokyo if left unchecked, so hey, this is a chance to play hero I guess? And you'll certainly be paid for your efforts~" Laughing awkwardly, the woman's serious eyes never actually fade, "Is that a good enough explanation for you? You've been drafted to save a major city. Any other questions?"
    Flipping through the cards, I'm right. On point as usual, Mika.

But I still haven't gotten a proper answer. I only know why, not what. The more information I have, the better.

“As comforting as it is to know that we'll be paid, could you please explain what we'll be doing in full detail? It is in both your and our best interests if we were fully informed about the situation so we can make some attempt at a plan and minimize casualties. None of us know each other, and isn't proper communication key to enacting a safe battle plan?”

I state my thoughts on the matter. For now, we are a team, whether I like it or not. And reaching out is the best way to build trust.

“I know that you want us to feel as comfortable and unafraid we can be in the situation, but please, don't coddle us.”

Wise up!
    Minor: Sounds Trustworthy
    Mika has developed the ability to sound trustworthy regardless of what she is saying, whether it is swindling a kid out of their lunch money or telling you that you need to accompany her as she goes to an illegal cockfighting tournament to make some cash. Or, you know, that's she's not cheating. She's never cheating.
    [Effect 1: Passive. Barring the use of certain mental skills (or innate paranoia), characters will normally believe Mika is telling the truth. Loses effectiveness with characters if lies are discovered by them later on.]
    [Effect 2: Gain positive modifiers when negotiating with others. Like Effect 1, loses effectiveness if the character(s) is aware of a past betrayal/lie.]

Blog Entries
    King
    New Aoyoma, Aoyoma Reien (Aoyoma Cemetery)
    Night

For one reason or another, it seemed like the graveyard was one of the least dangerous places in the Aoyoma Ward.

It was a place familiar to most of the people of Aoyoma, especially those who had lived through the tragedy eight years ago. Family members of the survivors were often buried here, not just because of the proximity, but simply because this ward had been 'home,' to them while they were alive.

Perhaps that's why the spirits here were so much calmer than most other places in the city. You could see them, faint shadow-like figures in grey mist, a more peaceful miasma than the black fog you and those who followed you had found everywhere else in the city. Of course, these didn't seem too hostile, merely curious, and so they fell beneath your attention for the most part.

You were trying to secure a safe area, and this place was probably your best bet.

You had been together with your 'army,' when, just like everyone else in the city, the sudden appearance of the black fog had caught you off guard, poisoned your body and mind with memories of what had transpired eight years ago; memories that were not your own, but ones that had choked the life out of you regardless. It had been an attack of impressive force, to knock not only you, but your trusted followers to the ground, and even now, it was something that you couldn't quite understand.

Was it really miasma?

Why wasn't it doing anything to you or the others now?

They were questions that lacked answers, but even so, you had risen shortly after falling, and gathering not only your friends, but those people who had been nearby and present, you had attempted to find some sort of place to secure until this red night ended. It was your duty as leader to protect the others, and because most of them were wounded in some way, you had taken the role of lone vanguard immediately and without hesitation.

Your place was to guide and protect the others, regardless of whether or not they personally agreed with the idea...

You had told them to stay behind while you checked the graveyard out, yet-

"Oi King, looks like this place is pretty good. Don't see any monsters around."

A certain rebellious rival of yours had done what he did best, and came along with you in direct defiance of your commands. In many ways, the young man known as Akiyama Isamu was a close friend of yours, he was an ESPer of similar strength to you, hailed as the second strongest member of your group, and one who didn't seem to mind protecting the other members of the gang despite his repeated insistence that he actually wasn't a part of it. Of course, he had his problems, namely, he occasionally attacked you out of nowhere to make sure you hadn't gotten any 'weaker,' and had a bad habit of tossing sarcasm your way, or questioning your orders when he didn't agree with them.

Of course, that was probably why he was so valuable.

Having someone who wasn't afraid to stand against you was something good for a person like you to have; and despite his smart-ass comments, he had never failed to appear when you had called him, so...

"Of course, that could just mean something big is lurkin deeper in, this graveyard is huge," eyes narrowed at the distant trees, the young man turns to you with his usual laid-back attitude, "What do ya think boss? Wanna go explore a bit more?"
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Koga Ran
    New Aoyoma, Streets
    Night

"The Koga are a family of exorcists who prides itself in protecting others. Our origin dates back to ancient times."

Now that the pain is starting to disappear, I am able to provide firm and lenghty answers with no problem. If Tachibana-san truly wishes to hear about the Koga, then there is no reason for me to deny her request. While our work usually remains in the shadows, there are several things I can reveal which do not go against our code, and thus won't anger my ancestors. First and foremost, I must be truthful... I cannot lie about the current state of the clan.

"As of now, however, I am the only active member. The last remnant of its former glory." I take a moment to recall that which I only experienced for a few years of my life before moving on with my answer in order to share my goals and clear any misconceptions. "I hope that one day I can bring my clan to how it was before, or at least become worthy of carrying its name."

Given her current behavior so far, I highly doubt Tachibana-san will agree with what I am going to say next or the reasoning behind it, but I must make an effort for her to respect it. It's the core of what I've been taught, the answer to the question called 'life' which so many people fear and strive away from. The Koga is a clan who faces that answer head on, without shame or hesitation.

"A Koga's worth is not measured by the number of individuals they have protected during their lifetime..." Unmoving, I deliver my answer in a quiet and calm manner, not because I am weak, but because there is no need to force myself. My belief is unwavering. "... But the number of individuals they have saved with their deaths."

To die without being able to protect anyone... That's the Koga's greatest shame and the thing I fear the most. My purpose is to 'protect others'... If I can't do as much as protect a single life with my own, then I am nothing more than 'useless'.

"Tachibana-san... I've answered your request, so please answer my question."

A brief pause.

"Do you have family as well, Tachibana-san...? How far are you willing to go to make them proud?"
    [18:30] RacingeR: Max S.Link with hero is when you promise your daughter to him
    [18:31] RacingeR: Which means Airen and me are the only ones that maxed it (I promised Spin to him, and Spin is my daughter)
    [18:32] hero: oh shit
    [18:32] hero: spincess get
    [18:32] hero: suck it fuckers

Blog Entries
    Watanabe Tomoya
    'For Pete's Sake', New Aoyama
    Night

"Some sort of rock?"

Tilting his head at the question, it seems, for a brief instant, that the boy doesn't actually know what you're talking about; neither his expression or demeanor betray any innate knowledge, and his pose and voice carry the unreadable subtleties of a perfect liar, but eventually...

"Yeah, I guess you could say I have something like that, although, how he knows about it is beyond me..."

His facade cracks, and he seems to decide to just admit to it; the usual unreadable tone fades to a somewhat more frustrated one, and his eyes shift from you to the seemingly carefree Izuna outside even as he produces a blood-red stone from his pocket, and holds it out for you to inspect. It's small, small enough that it could probably fit on a ring as a gemstone if someone was so inclined, and while you have no particular interest in jewels yourself, there's something about the rock that both makes you want to reach out and take it... Or smash it into a thousand pieces.

Desire as well as repulsion.

It awakens both of those feelings in you. Unnatural, unwanted feelings that make it clear this is a stone that manipulates it's owner.

Cursed.

Dangerous.

And while it probably wasn't obvious to the kid, to you, it felt a lot like the Kyuubi too.

You could see why Izuna would warn against owning it, let alone using the thing, but before you can say anything about it, the boy has already placed it back into his pocket.

"It's called a bane stone apparently," looking not at you, but still at Izuna, the boy continues with a smirk, "They're pretty dangerous normally, but this one has a seal, so I figure using it to hunt spirits isn't too dangerous."

Reckless.

As an adult, you should probably point out the stupidity in that, but-

"But enough about that, doesn't that guy out there work for you? The one across the street?"

Pointing out the window, not at Izuna, but at a much more distant figure, your eyes follow Kenji's direction without really think about it.

In the distance, talking to what seemed to be a young woman...

Was a certain employee who honestly should be working right now.
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Blog Entries
    Koga Ran
    New Aoyoma, Streets
    Night

"Yeah, I have a small family."

Answering your question without a single sign of hesitation, you still can't see the face of the grey haired girl, but her words carry a small, almost undetectable trace of affection at the reference to her family.

"They aren't anything as special as a family of exorcists, but they still get involved in a lot of weird things. My mom is some sort of subtle mad scientist, my little brother wants to be a hero, and my sister is just far too curious for her own good."

Listing off a few of their traits with the same nostalgic tone, the girl doesn't seem particularly afraid of answering your question, and rather, seems to be working her way towards some sort of distant point.

"We're not blood related. My mom found me here, in Aoyama, eight years ago. My parents had died, and other than the spirits I was all by myself... But she was working as a doctor at the time, and she eventually took me in out of the kindness of her heart... As did her kids."

A brief pause.

Only the hum of the car's engine was audible, but the silence wasn't particularly awkward.

"As for how far I'm willing to go to make them proud...? Well, they mean everything to me... I don't work as an exorcist out of some sense of duty to the world... Protecting others is nice, but in the end, I do it so I can help support my little brother and sister... And protect the world they live in, no more no less."

Blunt words.

"Before I am anything else, I am their older sister. If I have to trade my life for theirs, fine, I'd do it in a heartbeat... But, I think they'd be proudest of me if I just come back home to them alive..."

Another pause.

Then-

"...Don't you agree, Koga-san?"
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Blog Entries
    Mikagura Mika
    ???
    Late Night/Early Morning

For a moment, these is nothing but silence at your comments. Her hands now folded in front of her place, the young woman, Sora, silently stares across the confines of the helicopter at you, her eyes never leaving your own as she apparently contemplated your words. Her gaze is piercing, even for someone like you, and despite your outer composure, you can't help but feel awkward under it, her clear grey eyes seeming to be looking for something not on your body, but in your mind.

This one was not an ESPer.

You could tell, Children of Kyuubi could normally recognize each other, and this girl did not seem like one to you.

But she was definitely not normal either, with a clear human spirit that was notable in it's own right.

Definitely an exorcist. A powerful one too, if the way the others were looking at her meant anything... Maybe she was the squad leader?

"Forgive me," smiling again, her pose faded back from serious to friendly, "It's not too difficult a mission. There is simply a certain item in the heart of the city that humans cannot touch." Reaching down to the place beside her seat, the girl grabs what seems to be a sword from the floor. The blade is ancient, and their are numerous cracks in the steel, as well as the wooden handle, but despite your own nature as something of a half-ghost, you can't feel anything particularly notable about it, other than a few traces of miasma, it just seems to be "hollow."

"That used to be a cursed sword, we purified it a few weeks ago," speaking softly now, the girl's gaze stays on your face, as if she wants to gauge your reactions, "For the past month, we have been finding these at key points in the city, corrupting the Reimyaku, and releasing large amounts of vengeful spirits." Explaining things in a matter of fact tone, the girl sighs, "From what we can gather, the current incident is the result of a large amount of these blade being inserted into the Reimyaku at once. They have the Kyuubi's signature, so normal humans can't even touch them, let alone remove them, and thus, we were called in to deal with it."

Her eyes getting serious again, she once more folded her hands together.

"The Reimyaku is a sea of souls beneath Japan. It's power is limitless, and it's existence makes it possible to seal certain beings in Tokyo, keep the stability of the world in check. So this is a crime on the level of summoning the Kyuubi, if something isn't done, Aoyama will sink into the Reimyaku, and spirits will overrun Tokyo." Another sigh, then, "There were eight swords in all, if our data is correct. Two were removed by Agent Cross, three by Agent Noriyuki, and we've combined forces with the PDCH to remove the final three. They will get the swords on the outskirts of the city, and we are to get the one located at the memorial site. The plan is simple, we land in Aoyama, find the sword, one of you removes it, and we get out. The fighting will be done by my squad and I, we simply need you guys for the removal of the cursed sword. You carry the Kyuubi's power, so it should be possible for you to do."

Another pause, then...

One last sigh.

"...I would normally end the briefing there, but since you asked me not to coddle you, I suppose I should add one last thing. Beneath the memorial, there is a demon sealed in the Reimyaku, and when we remove the sword that's infecting the Reimyaku, there's a chance it will notice it's seal has weakened and escape. If that happens, I will no longer be able to guarantee your safety. However, my orders state that I cannot allow any of you to leave either... I apologize. I will do my best to protect you all, but there are no guarantees, and the lives of the citizens come first."
    Last edited by Airen; July 12th, 2014 at 05:05 PM.
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Blog Entries
    Interlude
    Liane Cross
    'Break through-!'

It was simply being obstinate.

A hulking figure, perched in the doorway, not attacking, simply standing to bar her way. The first struggle had ended with the monster thrown back against the far wall; despite the fact the blonde woman was physically stronger, then the beast she was aware of the curse that existed in both the teeth and claws of the creature, a curse that could damage her thoughts, and drive even the most hardened of exorcists into a crippled state, and so she had attacked carefully, seeking not to open herself up to a counter for even a moment.

Perhaps that had been her first mistake.

Perhaps she should have crushed it's existence in the first exchange.

Because now it was making things difficult by being defensive. It's goal was not to kill her, simply to bar her from reaching the others in the lobby. With far more effort put forth than when it had tried and failed to stop Suzume and her Spirit Beast, for one reason or another, it seemed that the blonde store-owner had been acknowledged as the greatest threat to it's master.

"...You tore my jacket."

Pointless words aimed at a creature that couldn't speak, but ones she couldn't help but utter even as she kept her eyes locked on it's long-armed form. It had been a long time since she had come across a spirit this dense, and if she was to be honest about her situation, at the moment, she had none of her usual advantages. Her Spirit Armament had been taken from her earlier in the night, her body was still torn up from the earlier clash with Aya, the open wounds were beginning to freeze over painfully in the localized storm, and there was absolutely nothing in this part of the shop that was compatible with her ESP.

"Damn it, move-!"

Even still, with the sounds of battle being what they were in the lobby, she couldn't afford to waste too much time here with this monster-!

If she didn't get out there soon, someone was going to die.

The man out there carried a shard of the spirit fox, no matter how much they battered away at him, he would simply continue to regenerate.

If the force used wasn't absolute, it wouldn't change anything-!

"...!"

An opponent of the same caliber as those that had existed eight years ago had appeared before her again, and just like before, the world was conspiring to drag her down... No, it was trying to drag her friends, one she knew well, and two she had just met, down with her.

There is a feeling that only emerges in humans when they are confronted with adversity.

A strong feeling, a rebellious one.

It was often the strongest feeling, and her life had been one spent embracing it, defying everything in order to keep walking forward.

"Move."

This monster was a waste of her time.

It was a definite threat, but sometimes, you just have to throw caution to the wind.

"I know you can understand words-!"

Eyes narrow.

The sound of footsteps.

A young woman cries out in anger, as does a monster.

And a room that was still covered in ice, flares a brilliant, deep azure.

---

"...Tend the garden?" staggering to her feet, the shards of ice embedded in the body of Nakamura Megumi look painful, but the older woman does not cry out or yell in complaint or agony, her eyes, slightly fogged before, seem to have cleared somewhat, and while she's still squinting slightly, she does seem to recognize the remnant for what it is, "Yeah, I'll help... This guy has to be stopped..."

Even as this small plan is hatched however, Aogami moves to follow his latest command.

His opponent, the smiling boy at the front of the store, still possesses the body of a human despite his monstrous abilities, and his regeneration, while fast, was not entirely instantaneous. If you were to take one of his legs, the his ability to dodge would be destroyed, and he would be completely open to further assault from all members of the group.

No matter how good his regeneration was, if he took a hit from everyone in your group, he would definitely have to stay down, perhaps not for good, but long enough that you could do something about him to stop his sudden assault, perhaps make good on that threat to rip out his eye...

Regardless, it was a sound plan, and with Aogami moving at a speed beyond that of almost all humans, he was definitely the one with the best chance of tearing off one of the boy's limbs.

"..."

Watching it with cold eyes, even the boy seems to achknowledge his inability to avoid the creature. He does not move to even attempt to do so, rather, once more, a brilliant red light erupts from his eye as he takes aim at you all.

Yes.

While the plan itself was sound in many ways... The weakness lay in the fact that you had kept your entire group in one place instead of attempting to surround him.

Against an opponent who had proven himself capable of covering a room in shrapnel fire, it was a mistake that was going to cost your group once more.

And this time, your spirit beast was not the only one who was going to be harmed.

Because he couldn't escape, the boy had decided his best course of action would be to blast his way through you all once more.

And just like last time, it's not something any of you can completely avoid, even the newly aware Megumi takes less of an evasive approach and more of a defensive one, covering the critical parts of her body with her arms.

Aogami takes 50 HP Damage.
    Saki takes 45 HP Damage.
    Megumi takes 15 HP Damage.
    Suzume takes 40 HP Damage.
    Michio negates the damage.

While the attack is much like a shotgun blast, the sheer power behind it continues to terrify you.

There were not single, focused attacks.

These were strikes he was tossing out casually, after thoughts, things he could laugh and use at the same time.

...Was this what an unrestrained Child of Kyuubi was like?

It was a question that reaches all of your minds, but only for an instant.

After all...

??? takes 70 HP Damage.

Aogami had not stopped.

Faced with a wall of ice, the Spirit Beast had continued on through the pain without regret. Impossible teeth clamp down not on a body, but on the boy's right leg-!

A cracking sound as bone shattered, a sick tearing , a splash of blood, and-

??? takes 30 HP Damage.
    ??? has lost his right leg, AGI cut in half.
    ??? will restore the leg in one turn.

The one legged figure of your assailant, having been thrown across the room to the far wall. Once more there were no screams, no cries for mercy...

But for the first time a clear emotion comes from the boy. It's not the jumbled mess you were beginning to get used too feeling from him in his brief bursts of emotional activity... No, it's a clear anger, a deep unrepentant loathing that wasn't mixed in with anything else.

"Damn exorcist..." staggering to his feet, with one hand on the brick wall to support himself, the man glares with clear feeling not at Saki, but at Suzume, "You've got a pretty loyal monster there with you... You and I might be more similar than I thought..."

Taking a step forward despite his wounds, the smile returns.

"But unlike mine... If I kill that damn cat... You'll die too right?"

Once more, red light.

And a grim feeling of dark resolve.
    Last edited by Airen; July 12th, 2014 at 10:31 PM.
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Blog Entries
    Mikagura Mika
    ???
    Late Night/Early Morning

“I see.”

We were called for a fairly simple mission that happened to have world-reaching consequences. But there was certainly no air of confidence. They themselves had admitted they were nothing but ordinary human beings, and they had brought not one, but three ESPers for the job. It was either caution or fear, which implied that the chance of the demon escaping was fairly high.

Of course, I could be overthinking things. But it is my career to think, and then make decisions. Not that I had any current choice in the matter, but…

Wait.

However, my orders state that I cannot allow any of you to leave either...
    Doesn’t that mean…?

“Referring back to when you said we are not allowed to leave the area, is it regardless of whether or not there is a demon post-removal of the blade? That if the demon does not escape from its seal, we will be… not extracted, to put it into your terms?’

I scowl, a common occurrence. Uncle said I looked better when I smiled, but I digress. Scowling fits me much more. Unfortunately for us, cooperation is involuntary. But this situation sounds more and more grim by the moment.

Blog Entries
    Mikagura Mika
    ???
    Late Night/Early Morning

"Nothing quite that grim."

Her tone a bit more light and carefree than usual, the girl waves a hand at you once, as if to brush aside those worries.

"If everything goes according to plan, you will be extracted right along with us," a brief pause, then, "Even if we are successful, Aoyama will probably still have to be sealed off; this is simply a mission to keep the Reimyaku of the rest of Tokyo from getting corrupted... But we're certainly not going to abandon you in the center of the city afterwards, as I said before, so long as the Demon is not released, I will personally guarantee your safety."

A sigh.

The woman definitely seemed like a powerful one, but even so, could she really promise something like that...?

"There will only be a problem with extraction if the demon is released. If that happens, the priority will no longer be to escape, it will be to reseal the demon at all costs. All agents are expected to lay down their lives if necessary to protect the civilians, that is the duty of an exorcist."

Another pause, then, once more...

"Of course, the duty of an exorcist is also to stay alive as long as possible. The death of an exorcist puts his allies, as well as innocents in danger, so none of us are going to just roll over and die. I myself have friends I want to save in this city. I'm not going to die until I get them out. And I promise the same with you."

Completely serious words.

"...Tch, fine, whatever."

Speaking up again, the punk kid falls silent, and...

"I understand," a new voice, the third ESPer that had been captured along with you and the boy, speaks up, "I'll do my best to aid you all in whatever way I can."

Her voice was quiet, and somewhat difficult to hear over the roar of the helicopter, but it was the type of warm gentle voice a holy person, or perhaps a mother, would possess.

"I thank you for your understanding."

Sora's voice was a tad relieved at this acceptance, but you-
    Last edited by Airen; July 14th, 2014 at 11:44 PM.
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Blog Entries
    Jacques Dussault
    Night

The world seemed... somewhat darker then when I had last left it.

My body was covered in the rubble of the building that surrounded me, on all sides and over me like a cave. I hadn't had the luck to be buried under smaller pieces - no, each and every bit of the debris was a large chunk of concrete, rebar sticking out dangerously close to my head. I suppose I could be thankful for that, at least; I wasn't dead yet.

If I couldn't move, then I would have to wait. I didn't like it - it left me like a... a... a sitting duck. That's the expression Tom uses, I think. It doesn't matter. I try to strain against the debris one more time, and am rewarded with a faint wobble from a piece right above my head. Well. Alright then.

I close my eyes from the faint light that shines through the cracks in this prison and concentrate. It's hard… this feels like the Tokyo of eight years ago, and I - focus.

You are no longer a child. That memory will not bring you fear.

It does, though, but I push it to the back of my mind, gritting my teeth. I might not have the time to have a panic attack. A man does not end up under a pile of rubble unless something dangerous has occurred, and something, I think, has. I close my eyes and think back.

The day had gone well. I had gone to the little café and teased the waitresses. I had some coffee. I came to the bar and started work, assisting Tom until... until what? My memory was clouded, but I felt that there was something there - aha.

Hands.

That was what I remembered. Shadowy hands and voices had pulled me from the bar, dragging me down to try to crush me underneath them. Blind, white eyes, and shadows, living shadows, that whispered strange things to me... there is no other explanation but a ghost, and a strong one. Many strong ones.

I gently open my eyes as a grating sound fills my ears, the sound of stone scraping against steel. I am ready for what ever is about to happen - no you aren't you're still trembling from the memory of the fox - I steel away the voice in the back of my head and tense my body. The shadows around me don't frighten me; they reassure.

"Jacques."

What?

The rock above me shifts, and is moved aside by a slender hand. As a face, a beautiful, pale face appears above me I can only look at at her with my eyes wide open, their defect clear for her to see. She doesn't make any judgment as she continues to move the rubble away from me with incredible strength. It looks almost easy for her, the way she moves in her kimono only emphasizing that to me.

When she is finished, I can move again, and I slowly stand to face her. She nods at me, her white hair framing her young face.

"Jacques."

The way she says my name is endearing, in a way. We quietly stare at each other, my eyes looking her over. She feels strange, not in a way that ghosts feel strange, or how other such things feel, but rather, like -

Screams.

- like the fox.

I very slowly and quietly lift my hand towards her face. It could be taken in a... certain way, but this time I am not, as they say, playing around with her.

"Why?"

Over her shoulder I see the moon, my friend, colored as dark as a hole in the world and framed against a crimson sky. My hand freezes as I stare at it in silent contemplation, fixed on the sight of the moon and the memory of what it was. Something dangerous is happening - has happened - and I will not be caught unawares again.

My hand finishes it's journey and gently rests against her cheek, but sadly it is only there to make it easier to strike, and not to touch. She is beautiful, there can be no doubt about that, but I can't trust her.

She feels too much like the beast in my nightmares for that.
    [12:37] <I3uster> if playing overwatch would save my mother from the deathbed
    [12:37] <I3uster> id probably flip a coin
    [12:38] <I3uster> to see if i play or not

[18:23] <frantic> spinach is like a caffeine zombie

[18:23] <frantic> in AX he would like
    [18:23] <frantic> drink 8 shots of espresso
    [18:23] <frantic> then he'd turn to me an hour later
    [18:23] <frantic> 'frantic', he'd say, his eyes wild and his lips smug
    [18:23] <frantic> 'i need coffee'

Blog Entries
    Mikagura Mika
    ???
    Late Night/Early Morning

There was conviction in her voice. Sora had absolute faith in her ability to keep us—and her allies—alive. I, on the other hand, had to doubt. Optimism only wins out when everyone else is just as willing to cooperate, and it’s not as if demons themselves have mercy.

Not only that, there is no such thing such as 100% certainty in this world. I should know that better than anyone.

“I apologize. My past experience with government officials has been hardly honest, to say the least.” I say with a half-hearted smile, eyes towards the floor.

Governments lie to you. It is their job to control the flow of information to prevent the public from criticizing their actions. An honest government would never survive—it’s simple fact this is the world of spies and espionage, not elaborate battle plans and strength of arms.

Going back to information, the other ESPer has finally spoken up. She seems to have solemnly accepted her fate, or sincerely believed Sora’s boast of being able to protect us all. On the other hand, the punk doesn’t look very enthused. I wouldn’t blame him.

It’d be better to trust orders to the other woman—punk probably has a rebellious streak and might ignore commands that could potentially save his life for the sake of pride. Sora herself seems rather cooperative, so communication should be fine.

“Is there an estimated time of arrival? I hope we have a few moments to steel our nerves.”
    Last edited by Katie; July 19th, 2014 at 01:49 PM.

Blog Entries
    Amamiya Mashiro (Ziodyne)
    New Aoyama, ???
    Evening

It was wet, it was cold, and this black fog certainly wasn't helping the situation in any way. Shuu, who had yet to stir despite your rather rough exit from the car, groaned quietly under the rain, but did nothing else, and it seemed that if you wanted to keep him with you, for now, you'd be the one who'd have to do all of the walking... But, if the man had a concussion, or hell, something even worse, than moving him around might actually do more harm than good...

...Perhaps you should just leave him here and find someone else?

This was a city, no matter how bad it stormed, there had to be someone around here who could help you...

Places like this don't simply empty themselves in an instant... Right?

It was vague, but for some reason, you felt like something like this had happened before...

Had the world... Looked like this on that day?

You couldn't remember.

Another groan from the wounded detective brought you back to reality. Your options were limited, you had no idea what was going on, and an entire wards worth of people had apparently not noticed the undeniably loud sound of a vehicle slamming into a building.

It was frustrating, to say the least.

You didn't have time for any of this, you had finally been about to take your first steps towards meeting that man again, and then something like this happens-!

Hand balling into a fist, the urge to punch something was a very appealing thought for a moment, but then-

"Oh no! Geez, Tetsuko is late, Onee-sama is going to get mad... Stupid errors!"

A voice, one apparently unconcerned with the condition of the city, emerges from the fog to your right. It sounds like a girl, maybe a teenager, and despite the harsh feeling of "unease," in the air, she doesn't sound particularly affected by any of this phenomena.

"It was the first time I was allowed to go shopping alone too! And then everyone in town just vanishes... Geez, this fog is annoying-!"

So saying, a girl emerges from the fog in front of you, her expression crossed in a childish showing of what seemed to be frustration, as if she was but a few moments away from throwing some sort of tantrum...

"Hmmm? Someone else...?"

Of course, her expression changes when she sees you. From frustration, to a brief calculating look that you didn't really like, and then to what seemed to be childish curiosity.

"Hello. Are you two okay?"

Head tilted to the side, the girl spouts an amazingly casual greeting, considering the situation.

...You could already tell this one was an odd one.
    Last edited by Airen; July 13th, 2014 at 06:59 PM.
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Watanabe Tomoya
    Night

"Some kind of rock?"

The kid gives me this perfect little head tilt, as if he doesn't have the foggiest idea what on earth I am talking about.

That sort of perfect lying from a person really pisses me off, by the way. People shouldn't be so good at doing shit like that, not so young. Not at all, if I had my way.

I give him a Look, and after awhile, the facade cracks a bit, voice sounding a bit frustrated, "Yeah, I guess you could say I have something like that, although, how he knows about it is beyond me..."

Kid detective doesn't like not knowing things, as expected, to be honest. Or he could be irritated with what he's got in his pocket, I've heard the rumors, same as anyone.

A small red stone is produced from a pocket, and for a moment I'm torn in duality, a part of me thinks it is the most beautiful thing I've ever seen, light reflecting countless times, drawing the eye from even the most cynical individual.

The other part of me looks at that other part, compares it to what I know and have learned, teams up with Common Sense and goes 'Fuck that'. A sudden spark of irrational rage makes a finger twitch, a part of me thinks the small innocuous-looking gemstone should be annihilated.

"Yep, s'one of those cursed stones or whatever they're called."

That rage broils inside my gut, and I realize what I'm reacting to, I'm sixteen again, staring up at a monster destroying everything around me and screaming in useless fury. Knowing that I can do nothing, helplessly crushed between my desire to protect those around me and the futility of reality falling down around me.

This gem, gives off that same stench, that aura of menace and malevolence, it makes me nauseous remembering.

I sip on a bottle of water, frowning. Where'd someone like him get something like that?

The crimson gemstone smoothly returns to its pocket, Kid Sherlock smirks as he goes on, "It's called a bane stone apparently, they're usually pretty dangerous, but this one has a seal, so I figure using it to hunt spirits isn't too dangerous."

"Make sure to read all the instructions and check with your physician before using your bane stone."

I take the opportunity to distract myself from the boundless Arrogance, something like that is not a toy. It should not be used at all. Ever, if possible.

I get the feeling that yelling at him for using something like that without a solid reason wouldn't get much traction, all logic and knowledge this one is. Likes knowing what others don't, likes getting the upper hand, does not like not knowing things.

I glance idly around the bar, a frown slowly developing on my face.

Wait a minute.

Where's J-

"But enough about that, doesn't that guy out there work for you? The one across the street?"

Kenji points out the window, I follow his gesture with my eyes quickly, my gaze swiftly falling upon a certain employee who was supposed to be on duty.

Talking up some lady when he's supposed to be working?

That's a paddlin'.

I ease myself off the bar slowly, stretching slowly as I did so, "Hold down the fort, would ya? Gotta go take care of something."

I smoothly exit through the now-open front, crossing the debris swiftly and without ceremony.

I moved towards my employee, Jacques Dussault, with the calm, relaxed air of an executioner.

All of my attention, however, was focused on his feminine companion, the aura of pure wrongness about her too thick to simply be your run-of-the-mill freakazoid.

Sometimes I wish I stayed in LA.

I nod towards the admittedly good-looking icon of bad juju contained in a woman-suit, "Miss."

I then turn towards my employee, frowning down mercilessly.

"Sorry, boyo, I don't recall you being on break, no time for chatting up pretty ladies, we got people to feed."

I stop, several yards away, every bone in my body relaxed, casual, "Now get your ass up off the ground and back inside, I don't pay you to chat, I pay you to work."

Blog Entries
    William Levilius | HP: 203/420 SP: 430/500 RP: 80/100
    New Aoyama, Entertainment District
    Night

Their hatred was a mistake.

That was what William earnestly believed.

He knew that no amount of power that came from such a source would ever cause a happy change in this world.

However... It was there that lied his own mistake.

-William had overlooked one thing when he had directed his light at the spirits. He had offered them a way out of their grudge, to break out of the darkness that bound them and reach towards a brighter future.

However.

Such a thing... What use did Legion have for it, if it never desired something like that in the first place?

Legion was a collective of decayed souls that had withstood a terrible curse for eight years. Not fully alive, yet not fully dead at the same time. Walking the thin boundary between life and death, their souls had long since sunk into despair. For one who had not experienced that nightmarish fate, it was impossible to comprehend the scope of their own suffering.

Indeed.

It had been a long time since Legion had forgotten everything to do with happiness.

"...Ah..."
    How dare you.
    Hatred.

Pure, uncontrolled hatred struck against William's body.

It was not the seductive thirst for revenge that had tried to swallow him before. Such a thing could not possibly compare to the feelings that bubbled inside the curse that was attacking him.

Attacking...?

It was more than that.

This was hatred which rejected everything it touched. It would stain everything in its wrath, turn the world into a void of rage where even fate became meaningless. A bottomless well of suppressed emotions, which seeked to dye everything its own colour.

Against somebody like William... It was destruction itself.

His body shattered.

Voices-

You're wrong

Traitor

You're wrong

What do you know?

You're wrong

Just die

You're wrong

-They bitterly hammered their unchanged feelings at William, as if commanding him to admit his own weakness. They wanted him to submit to their neverending hatred, and vanish into oblivion.

That power... How could it ever be a mistake? That was what the Spirit of Legion affirmed. Somebody like William, who had been spared from the curse of death, and possessed enough power to protect not only his own life, but also to change the fate of the cruel world they lived in, could not be forgiven for his naivety.

William had reached out to them, and they had replied with an equal amount of effort. The Heart of Legion could not possibly accept the thought of believing in a demon. That they had rejected the chance to rid themselves of their hatred spoke volumes of their own feelings.

That's right.

Eight years ago, they had believed in innocence and human potential. But after their existence had been cursed by both monsters and demons... They had grown to hate this world, and their predetermined fate.

These spirits needed power if they wanted to change this world, which had cast them aside like flies.

However, even that was not enough. Because there were those with the power to change fate already, they needed something more. They had to fill themselves with merciless hatred for everything, to fill their own souls with nothing but the purpose of bringing down all demons and carving back their own place in this world-

Their rightful place, which had been wrenched out of their hands by those they seeked to destroy.

William then understood.

That was their resolve. Why they couldn't see Alice as someone 'innocent'-

They had no notion of such a thing.

To Legion, those demons needed to be eliminated. Humans feared the unknown, and they were also selfish creatures. The girl known as Alice was but one of the many 'monsters' that represented the creatures that caused their suffering. If they wanted to change their fate, if they wanted this world to be the place they had always wanted but been denied...

...Then all unwelcome existences had to be destroyed.

...There was no such thing as a demon which could bring happiness...

Faced with their overwhelming wrath, William couldn't help but fall to one knee as the screams of the haunted rampaged inside his ears. The wounds caused by Legion's attack sizzled with boiling bubbles of black mud. Smoke raised into the air, a blend of black and crimson that further darkened the world and clashed against William's brightly glowing aura of light.

There was no way William could be able to resist the evil spirits after such an attack. Nothing could resist such absolute hatred. That was the power which the Heart of Legion claimed, having collected their strength for such a long period of time.

It should be impossible for him to stay conscious after that-

(BGM off)

-Yet.

William refused to budge.

"...Geh..." Even as the mud crawling around tried to push him around, his legs refused to move. With the Blade of Dawn buried in the ground,they couldn't slip him even a centimeter farther into the black mud below.

Why...?

Why did he resist so hard...?

I know... how you feel...

But... I still... believe that you are wrong...

William grit his teeth, fighting with all his will against the mud that restrained him. As he did so, his expression changed. He was still determined to fight, but the feeling that crossed his face then-

Because... I know what that emptiness is...

-
    It was definitely... Sadness.

Eight years ago.

A monster had appeared in the middle of Tokyo, in a horrible scene that looked as if it had been taken out of the movies. It was so ridiculous that when it showed up on the news, the channels received countless complaints and doubts about the quality of their reports.

However, the incident had been undoubtedly real. Eventually, mankind was forced to accept that fact.

The Kyuubi's appearance destroyed the lives of many people. Not just those who were spirited away, but the relatives of the deceased and those crippled by the destruction that followed the beast's rampage. Furthermore, the incident had forever changed a few select beings, cursing them with powers they had never asked for and suddenly forcing them into an existence they had no chance to choose.

Thousands of children became orphans. Hundreds of families were split. The existence of magic and the supernatural was revealed to humanity with the most brutal of incidents.

Many chose to close their eyes and cover their ears, ignoring the incident and calling it nothing but delusions and the work of terrorist trickery.

However, for those who had been touched by the Kyuubi, there was no such thing as forgetting that day. For the rest of their lives, they had been marked by an inescapable fate. Whether they would be shunned or accepted was unknown, but it also mattered little.

Because, for most, the consequences of that day's events had been more terrible than any aftermath would have been...

William Levilius | HP: 320/320 SP: 400/400 RP: 100/100
    London
    Night

Colorless walls, and memories of a once radiant childhood.

That was all that remained in this empty house.

A year had passed since 'that day', the incident where thousands of people had been suddenly 'spirited away' and vanished completely off the face of Earth. The Levilius family had been earnestly awaiting news from their lost child, but after months without news, the Japanese government had announced they would stop searching for the missing people.

Filled with despair, father and mother were forced to accept that their child would no longer come back to their warm embrace. The tragedy had been too much for them to take, and soon they had sold off the house which their two children had grown up in for their whole lives. They couldn't stand seeing the face of their child in every room, every placed they walked in.

As people raced through the house, carrying heavy furniture and loads of objects into waiting trucks, a single boy stood by and stared impassively at a single spot. His eyes looked almost empty, and carried an overbearing sadness.

He ignored all the men running around, continuing to fix his gaze in the distance even when he got in their way.

They might as well trip for all he cared.

He couldn't believe the events passing before his eyes.

He had screamed and shouted to his father in denial, even breaking a table and damaging a wall in his tantrum. He had said terrible things to his parents- That they were forgetting about his brother, that they couldn't possibly tear away such a thing from him. He had pleaded to them with all his fading will, that they didn't leave this place-

The place where Gabriel belonged to, and where he would surely return.

Because... he had promised.

The boy continued to stare at the house's seemingly endless halls. Ghosts of his past flashed across his vision.

A young Gabriel running around, and a much smaller kid laughing on his shoulders. Faint cries of warning and mock anger from their parents ran through their ears.

A family of four huddled around the sofa, watching with eager attention at the sparkling screen in front of them. The older boy spilling soda from his nose because he drank during the wrong moment. A cavalcade of laughter that followed.

From the same room, a man and a woman watching out the window at the two children playing in the garden. Their arms were locked around one another, and their smiles were filled with boundless pride and joy.

A smug-looking young boy holding a bulletin out, seemingly bragging to the older sibling. The latter immediately made an offended face, and started pulling on the younger one's cheeks. A rush of events, and suddenly the two of them were tumbling along the ground, having become a human ball that rolled around the house.

Happy memories.

Warm memories.

These fond experiences would no longer be the same.

But... William had not cared. Because as long as they stayed in this house, they would be able to make new, better memories. Surely, their future would look the same as the past when his brother came back.

He would come back. He had to come back.

He... had promised...!

His brother... would never lie to him!

William idly realized that his head had fallen to stare at the floor.

That was strange.

They had cleaned the floor a few hours ago, so what were those wet spots on the floor?

Why did his eyes hurt? Why did his cheeks feel so hot?

"
    ...Oh."

He was crying.

He was feeling despair for the first time in his life, so it was only normal that he would be crying. The wrenching feeling that had bothered him all this time must have been the experience of having his heart break for the first time, as well. His childish resolve was finally beginning to crumble at the sight of his house being forgotten.

William fell to his knees, resting his head against the cold marble of the house. A part of his life was finally coming to an end. The brightest, most cheerful part of his life.

As he realized this, he knew.

He had to hold on to his brother's promise, or he would fall apart. He refused to accept a world where his brother had died. Accepting that would mean the end of his self as 'William Levilius'.

This world, which was denying him his most precious person...

...Slowly, a dark feeling began to arise within William.

If only he could change it.

If only he could tear this cruel world into pieces...!

-A glint of light, in the darkness of the house-

Then he would give everything for that purpose, to bring his brother back...!

He would fight against this fate, with everything he had...!

(BGM off)

Is that the path you wish to walk?

...Eh?

---

-William Levilius opened his eyes, and looked into the night sky.

I felt something, just now. Reasserting his location, he surveyed his surroundings. It was getting late, and most people had retreated into their homes. Few cars drove by the streets below, asserting how well into the night the city of London was by then. An even smaller number of pedestrians were walking around, most of them walking into their homes and forgetting about the worries of their day.

William watched them all go by with a cold stare, from the rooftop of one of the city's countless buildings. His stare was like ice, the reflection of the city's lights the only warmth in his face.

He wondered if they were all enjoying a good fate, and a peaceful life.

...Probably not.

There were not many who possessed that luck, after all. For most, keeping what little they had in this world meant that they had to fight against everything that opposed them, because there was surely someone who wanted it taken away.

This world was an enemy to all mankind. William had learned that long ago.

Turning away from the scene, William concentrated on the feeling he had noticed just a few seconds ago. In this night air, where those who lived in normalcy had long since departed, the unnatural were easily exposed. It was this cold night air that suited him the most.

Ever since that day, William had become able to sense the presence of the spiritually strong. Evil spirits were curious, in that the black mist that often surrounded their presence made them harder to sense through physical means at a distance. Most of them were invisible to humans at large, which made them even harder to detect in crowded places such as a city.

However.

Found it.

They could never escape the senses of a hunter.

William looked around for a path leading to his objective. He found it almost immediately. Walking towards the edge of the rooftop, he pulled his cloak's hood up to cover his face, and suddenly braced himself.

Without further warning, he jumped. Soaring through the air far higher than most olympic athletes, he easily made it to the next building. He didn't hesitate, and silently leaped to the next roof.

He was like a cat running through alleys, a shadow that flickered away in the blink of an eye. Despite his target being more than a mile away, he closed the distance in barely a minute.

Before anyone knew it... A cloaked figure had appeared to occupy empty space, and looked down on an alley from above. His golden eyes coldly analyzed the last place where he had felt the presence in.

There was an unnatural darkness there.

With his enhanced senses, he should be able to see what was happening, but it was as if being outside it blinded him. It was not something that fell within the realm of normalcy- Even at night, nothing should be invisible to an Esper like him.

Slowly, his lips twisted into a smirk.

(BGM off)

"...Found you. Let's see if this one knows anything." Jumping gracefully, William dived into the unknown darkness, without any kind of fear or anxiousness.

His fall ended in but a few moments. Without even acknowledging the shape of the floor, William landed soundlessly and without losing his balance. His stance was imperceptible due to the cloak that hid him, but his golden eyes gleamed like ice on the sea.

And then, he beheld the scene-

Where his prey, and the bait lied.

"...A-Ah...! S-somebody! Help me!" It was a woman this time. Her clothes were torn and her shoes looked worn from all the distance she had ran, and her face was pale with horror and pain. Blond hair which would have been pretty in any other situation was grimy and stained with a splotch of blood, probably from a head injury while falling. Her blue eyes desperately pleaded for someone to save her, like a cornered pet with no chance of survival.

She suddenly glanced at him, and her eyes widened. She was about to say something-

When a great shadow rose above her.

"HieHIEhiehieheheh... WhO iS thIs... AnOthER flY?"

William stopped caring about the girl at that point. His eyes fixated themselves on the creature surfacing from the shadows, who had already noticed his presence.

A goblin-like face, with pointed ears and red skin. Despite possessing a head, his body was not humanoid- It lacked legs, and its arms were far longer than any human's. A trail of smoke was left behind by the tail connected to his torso, while his insect-like wings fluttered incessantly. His whole body emitted a fairly strong spiritual presence, especially from his long, nail-like claws, which sizzled with the same black smoke as all of his body.

Good, this one isn't too weak. It won't die immediately. William's smirk remained on his face, although now it seemed more mocking. His eyes were beginning to spark with an intimately familiar flair.

He decided to deign the monster with a response. "What are you doing?" He already knew the answer, but restrained himself from acting. He wanted to hear the spirit's words, let his own feelings simmer and rise.

The spirit's face immediately twisted into a snarl. "THis BiTCH!" He said, grabbing the girl by her jaw and forcing her up from her prone position. "SHe waS SMoKIng alL the TIme aNd actINg liKE shE gAve a SHIT aboUT thE EaRTH! I HAte hEr..." His expression twisted into a horrifying, incomprehensible visage. "ALl THEsE SlUtS ArE UNfoRgIVeaBle! I should just cuT theIR TonGue oFF so ThEY don'T lIe to ANyone ELSE!"

The evil spirit lowered his face towards the girl's, passing his long, slimy tongue over her wet cheeks. The girl cried in horror, and it took that chance to force her mouth to stay open. "NoW, yoU BITCH! OpEn WIde..."

The girl let out a muted scream as the monstrous being approached her mouth with one of its absurdly sharp fingers, aiming to give her a slow, painful death-

What is it that you meet, at your destiny?

-And William answered.

"Power, to sever this World."

Suddenly, the evil spirit was blown away. A fist impacted against its face without any sudden warning. The strike was so sudden that it lost any hold over the woman, being hurled back with tremendous force. Sent to one of the alley walls, it hit the hard bricks and scattered a small cloud of dust.

"UwaAAArGH... HOw DAre YOU inteRRupt?" Despite having taken such a heavy blow, the spirit recovered as if it was nothing. Glaring at its interrupter, its expression turned livid. "I'lL KiLL YO-"

Suddenly, the spirit froze.

It realized something was wrong.

Light.

It gathered around the area, even more evident than the black mist surrounding the alley.

It was not a welcome sight.

It did not bear any warmth, but it carried a searing heat.

"Kill me...? Now there's a good joke." William sneered down at the spirit, adjusting the neck of his cloak as his eyes glared with pure contempt. To his side, the girl had fallen, a new bleeding scratch on her face, caused by the spirit's claws.

On his right hand, it glowed. A longsword of blinding crimson light, it distorted its surroundings whenever one observed it. It was power and heat directed with only purpose-

To destroy, and to sever.

It was a weapon that heralded the coming of a new world, by tearing the old one into pieces. It would cleanly take away the lives of unwelcome existences with its cleansing light. As this sword's power rose, it would open the horizon to a world of unprecedented light, where all the darkness would burn away.

That's right.

The weapon that had been born inside William since the incident from eight years ago... The Blade of Dawn.

"You can't kill me... Because I won't rest until I've killed you all." In William's eyes, a burning rage lived. He had realized, long ago. Monsters like the one in front of him had been the ones who had spirited away his brother. While he could do nothing but wait for his brother, there was no way he would let these creatures continue walking around.

The reason why his parents suffered... The reason why his brother was trapped in some place, away from them...

It was all because of creatures like the one in front of him...!

The spirit hesitated. The light coming from the mysterious human's sword was overwhelming, and it felt like it was sapping away at his very life, his very essence. Any lesser spirit would have already been vaporized into nothingness. As a mass of negative emotions, it immediately grew restless. Fear, hatred, wrath, rage and pain all coursed through him at once, driving him to take an action against such an oppressive presence.

"UWAaaaaaARRRrrRRRGhhhhhHHHHHH! FUCK YoOoUUuU!"

The spirit charged towards William, claws outstretched. The smoke around its tail propelled it forwards with superhuman speed, and its claws shimmered with evil power. It had taken many lives with these claws- Since it was built for speed, no human could possibly have reacted in time to its attack.

However, in a split second, it was proven wrong. In a burning flash of light, William moved alongside his sword. The spirit's claws only tore at William's cloak, which had traced his own movements.

-The sound of flesh being severed cut through the air, alongside a high-pitched whirr.

"AAAAaaaaAAAAAAHHhhhhhhhHHHHH!"

There was no doubt as to who had screamed.

"M-My ARm! MY ARM!" The spirit roared inhumanly as it clutched the stump that was its left shoulder. Its sludge-like blood fizzled into red mist as the light of Dawn vaporized its exposed wound, aggravating the extent of the damage and causing it indescribable agony. Part of its wing had also been torn, a smouldering red line marking the part where the rest had been cut off.

William glared at the spirit with cold rage. He was barely fifteen, and hadn't truly hit a growth spurt yet, but in the spirit's eyes he had quickly become a figure that inspired fear. A dangerous aura of red light pulsed around him and the Blade of Dawn, sending off waves of searing heat that threatened to sear what constituted his body.

It understood.

The being before him was like itself, yet at the same time something far beyond. The human-shaped monster whose eyes glowed red desired nothing but its death. He was an executioner, and the sword at his side its death sentence.

That was why, if it wanted to live, it would have to fight with all of its power.

"YoUUuuuUUU... I'LL KIlL YOu... HOw DaRE yOu PrOTeCT thAt BiTCH!" The spirit gathered all of its power, screaming at the boy standing in his way. A sphere of black smoke formed on his right hand, growing to a large size. It was a sphere of concentrated rage and hatred, which would kill any normal human in one single blast. It was full of negative feelings that wished only for death.

Laughing insanely, the spirit raised that sphere and hurled it with his full strength towards William.

"Useless." Reacting to the spirit's attack, William raised the Blade of Dawn and slammed it against the ground. He did not move from that spot.

That was all he needed to do.

The next moment, a pulse of energy unlike any of the others escaped from Dawn. It was as if the sun had risen on the desert, bringing forth an overwhelming light that nothing on earth could hide against. It exploded forth like a shockwave, clashing against the sphere of darkness for a single moment.

The next moment, the sphere of darkness broke into pieces and was absorbed by the sword's light.

The spirit screamed as the aftermath of the attack hit it, the light attacking all of its body. Its other wing melted away, the transparent texture melting away like liquid glass. Its face bubbled with heat, becoming deformed as part of its head was severely burnt. The light which banished all darkness even burned at the black smoke, turning it into fading particles.

There was no mercy or hesitation at the damage done. William directed Dawn's light to kill as if it was the most natural course of action. These beings weren't human, after all. It would be wrong to treat them like one. If he wanted to change the world, these monsters would have to disappear anyways.

As William released Dawn's power, the spirit fell to the ground like a puppet with its strings cut. The power had left its body, and it barely looked able to move at all.

William lost his smirk. The only thing that was left to do was to finish the job, and he would be one step closer to obtaining the power to save his brother.

However, when animals become cornerned, they generally make one last panicked move.

And the spirit was no different from a beast right now.

"Hiehiehiehiehie... STOP! Don't move any further, or she dies!" William clicked his tongue. The spirit had been on the girl's side this whole time, and the woman had been too frozen with fear to even escape. It had grabbed the girl once again, seizing her neck with one claw while its long arm wrapped around her torso.

Whatever. If it wanted to play that game, he would give it what it wanted.

"Want this?" William said, gesturing to the Blade of Dawn as it brimmed with power. The spirit salivated at the thought of that much power in its hands, but then its eyes widened in horror when it saw what William was going to do. "Then... TAKE IT!"

An unbelievable scene passed.

The Blade of Dawn raced through the air, hurled by its possessor.

"WHAT-" Those were the spirit's last words as the Blade of Dawn impaled itself through its head, having passed through the extremely small gap between the woman's head and its own. The spirit's claws had failed to close around the woman's throat completely as it disappeared, only leaving behind five slightly bleeding points.

(BGM off)

As the woman fell to the floor again, William ignored her. He summoned his sword back to him, and laughed as he felt newfound power rush through him. This was the Blade of Dawn's secondary ability, born from his desire to change the cursed world around him. It absorbed the power of evil spirits, dissolving their personalities completely. All the spirits left behind in their death was the red light of Dawn.

"Another one bites the dust." As he left behind victorious words, William realized something was wrong about his victory.

His arm was burning.

He turned to look at it, and saw bits of his skin being flaked away by Dawn's wind. His eyes widened.

Reacting quickly, he dismissed the blade, and felt its heavy presence subside. After a few moments of staring at it, it began to heal up once again. As the red light faded from the area, he sighed heavily.

Overloading Dawn with power was not something ideal to his constitution, but he was prepared to risk that while fighting. He needed power, after all. If he had been strong enough back then, he might have been able to save his brother. The world punished those who did not possess strength. Weakness was something hated and reviled.

If his body were to suffer for the sake of becoming strong... Then he would ignore that pain.

"...Ugh... Blegh..." William turned to look at the woman. She was throwing up, disturbed by the events that had happened and by the foul air that remained after the spirit's demise. As he saw her bleeding body, he felt an ounce of shock slip into his body.

What... had he been doing...? Was that his fault...?

He had noticed that lately wielding Dawn made him more susceptible to getting angry, and taking rash decisions... But he had risked the life of another human being several times in this fight.

William briefly hesitated.

Then, after a brief moment, he left the scene. He walked out of the alley, ignoring the woman being left behind. His cloak billowed in the wind and he walked evenly, but his gaze looked troubled.

He had to put down all the evil spirits, and gain enough power to defeat whatever monster was holding back his brother. He had been prepared to pay any cost to change the world before him. Yet...

...Why did it feel so good to do so? And why did he feel less like himself every time he took another step down that path?

He needed power. He knew that.

But such a thing would be useless-

-If he ended up becoming a monster himself.

William Levilius | HP: 203/420 SP: 430/500 RP: 80/100
    New Aoyama, Entertainment District
    Night

...That's right. That's why I can't accept this. These spirits also wished for power to change the world which had cast them out. However, their desire for revenge was blinding them. It was true that there were cruel, and even bad people in this world.

But...

"I think this world is beautiful."

Not everyone was like that. There would always be those who wished to extend a hand to another person. Loneliness and pain could be crushing, but in the end, as long as one believed in the light at the end of the path, they could reach it. Even if that person was fated to be abandoned and left behind, William would do his best to save them.

Like he did to Alice.

Like he would anyone else.

That was why... He didn't see any true power in hatred. Wielding hatred in your hand could give you some strength... But that was not the right path. Those who simmered in their hatred would end up rejecting all that around them. It would only spread more suffering around. Becoming possessed by your own hatred and using it to hurt others was definitely a mistake.

A certain person flashed through William's mind.

"...wrong..." Through gritted teeth, William struggled those words out. As if surprised, the spirits trying to drag him down hesitated for a very small moment.

That was all William needed.

"I SAID... YOU'RE WRONG!" In a sudden motion, William raised the Blade of Dawn. The spirits that were trying to drag him down were all cut away by the swing of his sword, the bright light repelling them and sending them back where they belonged. Disregarding his aching body, he stood up with all of his strength, and held the Blade of Dawn with both hands.

The spirit facing him was starting to become stubborn. William knew that the light of Dawn had reached them, but they had childishly refused to accept that just because they had power it couldn't be wrong. They were a powerful enemy, and also tightly convinced of their own reason to fight.

William gripped his sword tightly with both hands. Reasoning alone would not work with them. He could defeat them, but what would that prove? Raw strength was never the answer. There had to be something he could do to show them the error of their ways...!

At that moment, William stared at his own hands. Of course...

Most Espers only possessed the power to expel foreign spirits or simply exorcise them outright just by touching them. For William, it was a little different. If he did this, then maybe... No, surely they would come to an understanding.

But in order to achieve that...

He would have to cut open the way to that path first!

"...Tch." However, even William could face the facts. He had the clear disadvantage in this terrain. He had been fighting against the spirit on level ground, and had already suffered a lot of damage because of it. While the Blade of Dawn was more powerful than he could ever recall it being, this was also the toughest spirit he had ever faced.

He might have been in a tight spot at that moment...

However.

"You're too exposed out here, go higher before attacking... The roof should work..."

William turned his head immediately. The voice was familiar, but much calmer than it had ever sounded.

At the source... Was Izumi- No.

This wasn't Izumi, but another person entirely. If William could place it, she felt slightly... odd. In his hand, the Blade of Dawn shivered slightly. William suppressed his own surprise. He had never seen it react like that before.

Morever, there was something very strange about this. How had she been able to make her way here, when the platforms that had led to this place were gone? It was almost like she was-

"I'll distract it for a minute, so get to a better position, go-!"

...!

That's right.

There was no time to worry about such small things. Right now, William had many things to do. There were two people which he had promised to protect... And now there were a damn lot of people he had a score to settle with. The girl's advice was sound, and it was William had had in mind all this time.

If she was helping him out with that...

"...Alright!" William smiled at the girl, then quickly drew back his sword and held it with one hand. "I'm William, by the way. Pleased to meet you." Then, his expression turned serious. "Watch out, they're tough. They're really stubborn, and I assume you saw what they can do. Don't get caught."

Then, he nodded. "I don't think we've met before, but I feel I can believe you. So-" William slung Dawn over his shoulder, and grinned. "-I'll leave that to you."

William paused.

The girl really was eerily calm and quiet in this situation.

He couldn't help but be a little intimidated.

"Then... I'll go. Thanks for the help." With those final words, William turned back, and scanned the area as fast as he could. He had to find the best possible path to get to a high area, and then resume his offensive. Hopefully, that would give him the chance to execute his plan. Still, that relied on getting there as fast as possible.

There was somebody protecting him, after all-

-So he couldn't afford to hold her back for even one second-!

Let's do this...!

Arthur-san is my waifu
    [20:57] frantic: I can't even remember what opinions I actually hold about the thing compared to shit I made up to piss people off
    [17:13] Airen: Its not an airen character unless gay

Blog Entries
    Jacques Dussault & Watanabe Tomoya
    Night

When your hand finally reaches it's destination, you find that, despite the undeniable sense of wrong her skin is warm and smooth, no different than the skin of any normal person. Her eyes, having moved to lock with your own the instant you touched her, are as vague and emotionless as ever, so it doesn't seem like she particularly cares about the rather questionable nature of your actions.

Yes.

For one reason or another, it seems that the girl doesn't care about what you do. It's almost like her eyes don't truly achknowledge you as anyone who could threaten her, you were just a thing, a tiny person who had momentarily caught her interest.

At least, that was the feeling those eyes gave off... At first...

Your hand, one that had initially touched with curiosity, but had soon turned to subtle malice, doesn't elicit a reaction from the girl. For someone who was perhaps more used to striking without warning then most, you were confident in your ability to strike her before she struck you.

This person before you had to be a monster.

She felt just like one, your entire existence, the small part of your soul that had forever changed on that night eight years ago warns you that you face a similar existence, if not the same exact one.

And yet, when the girl does move, it's to cup your face with her hand, just as you had done to her. It's a kind action, vaguely inappropriate because the two of you don't know each other, but not one that carries any inherit maliciousness at first glance, and despite your fear, you don't think to do anything about it until her hand has already reached your cheek.

She strokes your face once with her thumb, her head tilting slightly to the side as Tomoya approaches from the direction of the bar.

In that instant-

"...Bad touch."

Your mind whites out.

Jacques takes 100 SP Damage.
    Jacques is stunned.

A dark feeling, like a hand reaching into your chest and gripping your heart, forces your body to remain still as your vision starts to fall apart.

"..."

Her eyes remain emotionless despite your sudden predicament.

It's almost like looking at the world through a static haze. The nerves in your limbs aren't responding, your eyes can't move from her face, and there's the terrible feeling of something being pulled out of you, something vital-

She's stealing... No, devouring your life.

It's such a blunt concept that it takes you a moment to understand it, but the moment you do, you struggle to move your motionless body despite the fact that it's pointless, and-!

Quote Originally Posted by Tomoya
    "Miss."
    -It stops the moment your boss appears.

You want to cough, but it takes everything in you a moment to reconnect, and her hand is still hovering dangerously close to your throat... Just lightly touching it...

Quote Originally Posted by Tomoya
    "Sorry, boyo, I don't recall you being on break, no time for chatting up pretty ladies, we got people to feed."
    -The grip on your throat tightens.

You hit her out of reflex.

??? takes 30 HP Damage.

And your body goes crashing into your boss, thrown with an impossible force.

Tomoya takes 40 HP Damage.
    Jacques takes 45 HP Damage.

"Tomoya."

This time, the name said in that same emotionless tone is not that of the employee, but that of the bar owner.

Why was she...?

There were too many freaks in this city tonight...
    Last edited by Airen; July 14th, 2014 at 08:16 PM.
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Watanabe Tomoya
    Night

I strolled up to the pair of them, from the looks of it they were starting to get all touchy-feely.

I felt a sudden surge of schadenfreude at the scene and my interrupting of it, but as I approached, that bad feeling I'd gotten from the lady seemed to intensify, Jacques paled, and not like 'I just had the korean spice-special on a dare and i'm dying' pale, more like the 'someone's just shot me in the ass' pale.

Don't ask.

Then there was a sudden- change- in the air, a mild shift of posture, and Jacques smacked the girl right in the gab.

I tensed, things were about to get hot.

And indeed, with blinding speed, the girl threw something at me that made my ribs creak in warning, I rock backwards, bracing myself on a wall, wheezing slightly, glancing down at the projectile, my employee.

"Tomoya."

The lady spoke dully, without inflection or emotion, like some kind of robot, soulless. It creeped me the hell out, and I tugged Jacques to his feet, keeping a hand on his shoulder and pushing him slightly behind me.

"Yeah, that's my name." I responded levelly, my chest ached, "Can I get yours? Or is this some kind of avaunt-garde play production where you wander through the streets and seamlessly introduce people into it, as both props and cast because this seems like kind of a bad time."

I sober up, "And more importantly, why are you here."

Violence bubbles just beneath the surface and I have my power at the ready, no need going into a fight you don't have to or want to fight, but it's best to be ready if one breaks out.