Page 115 of 165 FirstFirst ... 1565105110113114115116117120125 ... LastLast
Results 2,281 to 2,300 of 3296

Thread: Ga Rei: Exodus Nine (IC)

The Time-Governing Twelve Covenants Airen's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Jacques Dussault
    Warehouse

According to Gisela, she had simply found you lying on the ground along the road to where the Kyuubi had once again descended upon Tokyo City. Somewhat of a loner by nature, but also one that you were beginning to suspect couldn't help but take a secretly older-sisterly disposition towards others; Gisela had stopped traveling by herself the moment she had run into Mina who had been separated from Kagura by all of the chaos within the city, and had been helping to guard whatever civilians they had managed to find ever since.

It had been an evacuation effort, another thing spurred on by Namasaki Kenji after coming in contact with a woman by the name of Adala Lagerkvist, the leader of a secret organization of exorcists from Germany, who had apparently picked up on the readings coming from Japan and had arrived with an airship to assist with evacuation efforts of the civilians, although had been forced to make an emergency landing after suffering damage from an unknown source, meaning that the evacuees had to go to it rather than the other way around if they wanted to make it in time. It had been going relatively well as far as apocalypses went, and while about thirty percent of the city was unaccounted for at this point, those that had joined the group had remained relatively protected, and they had been making good time up until the Kyuubi had descended on the city along with a poisonous black 'miasma.'

At that point, a good chunk of the ESPers that had been guarding the group had run off to fight it, and while Gisela herself had meant to join them in this endeavor, a cage-like barrier had appeared around the monster shortly afterwards, sealing the main body of the creature from the outside world. It was problematic in a number of ways; having lost most of their fighting force for the purpose of holding the Kyuubi off, those that had remained had had to work almost four times as hard as before, and had soon suffered enough damage that they had become incapable of completely protecting those citizens that remained, especially not with the injuries they had sustained, and thus...

For the moment, if they didn't want to lose the whole human group, it seemed like they had no choice but to hole up in the largest place they could find, and use that as a base of sorts, a means of physical protection that extended beyond the efforts of the remaining ESPers and exorcists.

In essence, they had become stuck here; even Kenji's base had apparently fallen to the relentless assault of vengeful spirits. The line you had held with him over the earpiece had gone dark, lacking even the background sound of fingers striking a keyboard, although his last transmission to Gisela had apparently been a reassurance that he was alright, and would simply travel through the sewers to 'meet up with-'

On a second look around the place, the general mood was that of a war hospital; there were hundreds of wounded people, some being tended to with magic, others with the more mundane efforts of their neighbors, but both spirit power and bandages are clearly reaching their limits, as many remain untreated.

Mina is off to one side with a bunch of kids that were seemingly without their parents, all of whom seemed to have seen fit to huddle around her legs as the sounds of monsters scratched on the walls outside, her expression a calming smile, but crimson eyes worried in a way that didn't really fit her.

Police were scattered here or there; some of whom were trying to maintain a certain level of calm amongst the people, but with the way some civilians were just huddled in the corner, face on their knees and hands on their head, it seemed that even as some clung to hope even now, others were slowly losing to that poison called 'despair.'

And telling you all of this with her usual calm, Gisela shows a remarkable amount of discretion as she quietly leads you to some of the windows on the eastern side of the massive warehouse, windows that had been purposefully blocked with some cloth that didn't look quite like a curtain, as if she had just taken a bunch of tablecloths and hurriedly covered them up so that no one could see what lay outside of it.

"Don't make a scene, but... The people here..."

"Seem to have drawn one hell of a monster to this place."

Standing amidst the black fog, massive, easily the size of the warehouse itself, was a monster standing motionlessly as it observed a building's worth of the humans that were steadily becoming more and more rare in this city. Around the world, similar monsters were beginning to show themselves as humanity observed what was happening in Tokyo and began to panic, but to this monster none of that matters.

It's motionless.

Much like a statue.

Just staring, not-blinking, not even pretending to breathe...

It just...

Stares...

"About ten minutes ago this thing showed up. Obvious A-Class phenomenon, according to the data I received from Namasaki earlier, something of about this class had appeared the moment the public became aware of the Kyuubi's reappearance in this place."

In other words...

This youkai...

Was either drawn to, or created by...

"And now that it's here..."

The suffering and despair of all the people that lay around you.

"...It seems to be waiting for us to come out."
    Last edited by Airen; December 27th, 2017 at 11:28 AM.
    Exodus (Complete)

Even if the author is silenced, the performance is stilled and the actors leave the stage, the story will never truly end.

Regardless of the form it takes, as long as there are memories of it's existence, the story will continue on.

In a small ward in the heart of a once devastated town, life carries on as it always has...

Because of you.

Please, remember it warmly.

We'll continue to walk down this path for eternity.

Mugen No Sekai

"The Illusion Incomplete Memories Produce Are,

Fleeting, Disappearing into the Future,

Until the Ruins of Yesterday Overflow,

For That Which Falls Only to Rise is Simply a--"

Gläubig müssen die nicht sein, daran glauben müssen sie I3uster's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Suzume Oshino
    Uraku Aoyama ~ Morning

There is no more time for hesitation.

I have come this far. This is where the future changes. A divergence from the world of fire that was shown to me.

This is where it changes. To say I have a plan would be overstating it, but...I certainly know where it is going if I try to fight it with the power that I have been given.

It's time to stack my deck, even if the method might be the reason I feel a bit queasy. On shakey legs I take my steps into the building.
    [04:55] Lianru: i3uster is actuallly quite cute

Blog Entries
    Jacques Dussault
    Warehouse

I stood in silence, looking out at the blackened thing. There might even have been a time when I would have preferred that to Gisela, but now, I guess she'd done enough that I wasn't going to question it. If we survived, I'd probably ask her why she helped us, but... I don't have much time to care, not now.

"Ok..."

Kenji missing, presumably in the sewers or worse.

The Kyuubi sealed after appearing in the city center, stuck in a box.

Evacuation efforts reduced drastically in strength and number, down to Gisela, Mina, and myself.

No, not just us.

"...I think I have some ideas."

I turn to Gisela, keeping my voice low. Maybe even a month or two ago I would have jumped up on a box and shouted out my plans to everyone, but not anymore.

"How are you feeling? You're strong - so am I, and with Mina we would probably be able to bust through that thing and get out of here... no, that's probably stupid, I..."

I slap both hands into my cheeks a couple times, trying to get the blood flowing.

"I could get that thing away from us. My body feels almost completely restored after breaking that thing, so I think I could do it."
    Or... Hel, is your summon still here?

"If that German lady's airship is still here, we need to get them there. Especially now. I don't think we can trust in our friend's goodwill forever."

I turn to look at her, while in the background Mina plays with a collection of loose kids. Nailed it, God, good judgment Jacques, you've gotten extra points-

But my mind needs to stay in the present.

"What do you think?"
    [12:37] <I3uster> if playing overwatch would save my mother from the deathbed
    [12:37] <I3uster> id probably flip a coin
    [12:38] <I3uster> to see if i play or not

[18:23] <frantic> spinach is like a caffeine zombie

[18:23] <frantic> in AX he would like
    [18:23] <frantic> drink 8 shots of espresso
    [18:23] <frantic> then he'd turn to me an hour later
    [18:23] <frantic> 'frantic', he'd say, his eyes wild and his lips smug
    [18:23] <frantic> 'i need coffee'

Blog Entries
    Jacques Dussault
    Warehouse

"...I'm fine to fight."

Closing the curtains now that you've gotten your glimpse of the truth that lay outside, the pseudo-stoic young woman takes a few moments to respond to your ideas, as if mulling them over from every possible angle.

"You're right in that we need to move them out of here, but even if you try to lead it away from here... That thing isn't going to take the bait."

A light frown crosses her face.

"It's actions are too purposeful; it's waiting out there because it wants to prove some sort of point."

Hovering just outside, body so still it almost seemed like part of the scenery, a normal vengeful spirit would have already torn into the building long before now in order to get at the people inside, but this one...

It's simply waiting, as if for the right moment, or some other sort of trigger.

"I'm almost positive it's after the masses rather than us... Even if you run off, it's not likely to chase you. We'll have to disperse it by force."

"I recalled the boy when you lost consciousness; that injury reflected back on me as well, but he seems to be ready to act again when necessary."

Hel chiming in now that Gisela had taken a moment to think, her frown deepens:

"Of course I assumed it would come to that eventually... But this scenario bothers me..."

Eyes close.

"Regardless... Looks like we're out of options... In my opinion, we'll have to defeat it if we want to get the civilians any further than this, we don't have the battle-power to fight it off while also protecting them, at least out in the open... And there are no cellars or sewer entrances, our only way out of here is through the doors. The last received report indicates that the airship is still by Tokyo Bay, the engine is being repaired, and some agents were sent our way to help with the evacuations, but it's likely that they were intercepted on the way here."

Stating things as she sees them, the young woman seems to have resolved herself to fight alongside everyone who was left, but...

Was there anything you could add to this...?

Or were your backs pressed so far against the wall that the only thing you could do was fight your way out?

Outside...

The sound of something massive breathing...

Slowly begins to rise in volume.
    Last edited by Airen; December 27th, 2017 at 09:31 PM.
    Exodus (Complete)

Even if the author is silenced, the performance is stilled and the actors leave the stage, the story will never truly end.

Regardless of the form it takes, as long as there are memories of it's existence, the story will continue on.

In a small ward in the heart of a once devastated town, life carries on as it always has...

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Blog Entries
    Suzume Oshino
    Uraku Aoyama ~ Penthouse
    Morning

Hitting a button that shouldn't exist to go up to a floor that shouldn't exist, come with a variety of emotions that really hammer in how absurd all of this is; the elevator even seems to stall for a bit when it attempts to pass by the sixth floor, but ultimately, while you feel something close to the sensation of free fall for a few moments, you arrive at the top floor of the hotel without any significant issues.

The room you find yourself walking into is one that is massive in scope; there is a massive television screen playing the day's news set along the far wall, a brilliantly lit kitchen lined with dark-wood cabinets and at least three different types of grill off to the side, and a balcony overlooking the length of Tokyo along the other side of living room. Directly in front of you, black leather couches line plush crimson carpet, and while the weather reporter doesn't seem to be here physically, at least not at the moment...

"..."

Someone else, a police officer by the look of his opened jacket and uniform, was sitting with his back to you, watching the television with his head resting on his folded hands.

"Hello there, Oshino-san."

Speaking to you without turning around to face you, the man gestures towards one of many couches.

"My Summoner is not present at the moment, but she was expecting you. Come in, come in, feel free to sit down and relax."

He sounds friendly enough, problem is...

Just like the reporter...

He registered as a 'blank' as far as your ESP was concerned...
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Blog Entries
    Suzume Oshino
    Uraku Aoyama ~ Penthouse
    Morning

Another blank doesn't exactly help the weakness that slowly spreads all over my body. For some reason, the longer I stay here, the worse of an idea this all seems. What is this guy about anyway? Is she trying to psych me out?

Or is this one...summoner? A familiar, or a demon perhaps? Then maybe the lack of reading is just a little less unnerving.

Let's see.

"How kind...and you are?"

Blog Entries
    Suzume Oshino
    Uraku Aoyama ~ Penthouse
    Morning

"I have a number of names, the majority of which I despise and you would be unable to pronounce anyway."

Laughing off the question with a smile, the man turns his head back slightly to face you.

"The name you humans gave to me is Chronos, so if you must refer to me by name, you can use that one."

Waving this off as if claiming to be the God of Time was an unimportant matter, he instead stands and brushes off his pants.

"Tea? Cookies? For Chiyoko's sake I promised to be a gracious host, but by all means, feel free to prostrate yourself before me if you wish."

It's a joke.

He says it like it's a joke, and it's clearly meant to be a joke.

But...

Do Gods really...

Act this way...?
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Makoto Fujoka
    Nakamura Residence (Dinner Table in the Land of Carnage)
    Night

Ho ho ho ho today, today I see! Catching onto the subtleties that Sensei didn’t even try to hide I snatched more food as and think on everything. Mmmmm my Super Ace Detective senses tell meeeee, yup, yup FUNNY BUSINESS!

Reaffirming my need to keep an eye on Squirrel Sensei I can’t help but smile as fuzzy memories of holiday gets brought up again.

“Hehehehe Holiday Kyoto and Holiday Sensei funny, need to do it all again with everyone mhm mhm perfect idea.”

Even though everyone will probably try to run away from the fun costume I shall bring about the second coming of true and perfect holiday funny business! I won’t even let thing about swords stop me!

“…Fweh don’t like swords. Don’t know about any handles… Mmmmm seems like more funny business.” Although I can’t help but bite down on my fork and scrunch up my face in dislike at the mention of swords the curiosity towards the handle she mentioned eventually over whelms my distaste and leads me to poke her with my fork in acknowledgement.

Mmmm I’ll bite this time Sensei but I’m watching you, Super Ace Detective Extraordinaire of funny business is on the case!

Blog Entries
    Jacques Dussault
    Warehouse

"...I'm fine to fight. You're right in that we need to move them out of here, but even if you try to lead it away from here... That thing isn't going to take the bait. It's actions are too purposeful; it's waiting out there because it wants to prove some sort of point."

I sit on on one of the boxes facing her, hands steepled together. She's absolutely right, of course.

"I'm almost positive it's after the masses rather than us... Even if you run off, it's not likely to chase you. We'll have to disperse it by force."

"I recalled the boy when you lost consciousness; that injury reflected back on me as well, but he seems to be ready to act again when necessary."

"Yeah... and with so few people who could properly fight it here, this would be tricky either way."

That's good. As long as you're not too injured, I'll ask him to fight again.

"Of course I assumed it would come to that eventually... But this scenario bothers me..."

I lean back against the box, hands behind my head.

"Yeah..."

"Regardless... Looks like we're out of options... In my opinion, we'll have to defeat it if we want to get the civilians any further than this, we don't have the battle-power to fight it off while also protecting them, at least out in the open... And there are no cellars or sewer entrances, our only way out of here is through the doors. The last received report indicates that the airship is still by Tokyo Bay, the engine is being repaired, and some agents were sent our way to help with the evacuations, but it's likely that they were intercepted on the way here."

I look up and close my eyes, sinking into thought. I can hear the slow breathing getting louder and louder; I bet it's the thing inside, trying to sow even more despair to feed on from the people trapped in here with us.

What should I do? Can I make this happen?

...Do I have the resolve?

No other way in or out...

I slap my hands against my face.

I faced down the Kyuubi and didn't run away. I put up the Harmonizers. I broke a fucking Bane Stone.

There's no doubt now.

"All right, Gisela."

I meet her eyes.

"Let's make some bad choices."

Less then a minute later and I've got my box with me. Can't go wrong with something like that, you know? It's a good support. I slam it down into the center of the crowd and hop onto it

"Everyone, can I please have your attention?"

Nailed it.

"I'm Jacques Dussault. Some of you might know me and more of you might not, but that's ok. I just want to get a feeling of the room on a few ideas and spread some information to everyone."

They seem to be paying some attention, so I press on. The real secret is that I'm not going to negotiate.

"There's an airship waiting in Tokyo Bay, but it won't be able to stick around forever, even with the crazy defenses it has. It's the best bet on getting out of the city that there is right now, though, and as everybody knows it was the destination before this ended up happening. Now, there aren't any other entrances or exits to this place besides those doors over there," I point at them just because. It's not like people can't see them.

"So, what's the situation? Do people feel up to pressing on to the evacuation site? Cause there's not much to do here, considering it can't fly out of the city."

I'm pretty sure they're all able to hear me now, or at least, are paying attention.

"What do you want to do?"

Blog Entries
    Jacques Dussault
    Warehouse

"..."

Knowing that she wasn't the charismatic sort, Gisela had simply watched as you made your little speech to the remnants of humanity that existed within the confines of the massive warehouse. She doesn't have anything to say about it one way or another regardless; while she is certainly much more elegant and sage-like than your initial meeting had left clear, she was ultimately someone who was most comfortable when acting in the role of a knight, a powerful defender, easily one of the strongest ESPers, but someone who lacked the qualities of a leader.

Of course, your own qualities as such a thing were questionable at best, but believing that it was best to ask humanity what it is they wanted, you call out to them and force them to acknowledge the situation that they are in, and the fact that nothing will change if they just continue to sit here and do nothing...

And indeed, having to face reality now that someone has started talking about it-

"Yeah, we've recovered as much as we could hope for, we should keep on going or we really are going to get stuck here."

-An older man speaks up for the first time in quite some time. He's tall and broad shouldered, and with his Japanese bearing the hint of an American accent, it's clear from a glance alone that he's a foreigner to this country, however, he is standing alongside various members of the police as if he was one of them. Spiritually speaking, his aura is that of a normal human; he is not particularly outstanding in any real way, but at the same time his willpower seems be amongst the highest of the people present within this space.

"I know this shit is bad, but you guys made it through this same thing eight years ago right? It's way too early to just give up and throw in the towel, we're still alive, so we still have a chance to get out of this-! As long as we don't panic and plan out our moves, there's no reason we can't make it out of here together-!"

Voice rough but powerful, his opinion best exemplifies the feelings of many of those who have yet to give up hope, those humans that had been through this once before and had come out stronger rather than weaker as a result of the trials and suffering they had endured...

But...

"Shut the hell up! Go outside?! Are you crazy?! That's walking right into death!"

By that same token, having gone through all of that eight years ago, there were some who harbored a fear so deep, so penetrating, that they had completely lost all hope of escape the moment the Kyuubi had once again descended upon the earth, when a red voice has started to whisper in the back of their thoughts, speaking of the doom that would claim them soon...

And that despair... Was coming out to counter the feeling of 'hope.'

For humans, those two emotions are always destined to conflict with each other, even if only for their need to prove their own point of view as 'right' in comparison to their opponent's 'wrong.'

"You say we'll get through this, but look at how many of us are left-! Half of Aoyama is gone! GONE! They lived through the same shit and it didn't help them-! And where would we go anyway?! Even if we get to the damn ship, this shit is happening all over the world! America is on fire! There are meteors raining down in Germany, and Russia has been blocked off by earthquakes and lightning storms-! It doesn't matter what we do or where we go, we're all gonna die-! The only thing we can do is box ourselves in and last as long as possible-!"

That's right.

Strangely enough, there was footage of others parts of the world streaming through on the internet service. It was strange that such a thing would still be up when the city was in turmoil like this, strange enough that it can only be thought of as 'deliberate,' as if something or someone wanted them to see the destruction of the planet, and on those phone screens...

It really did give off the impression that the planet itself was on fire.

News crews were desperately broadcasting the struggles of their people to the world as shadows erupted from the ground all over the planet, a thick black miasma spreading across the sky as if to herald the up and coming day of judgement. There were reports of titanic monsters streaming in from all parts of the globe, things similar in nature to the Kyuubi, it's underlings or kin, or perhaps...

Simply extensions of it's own self, forced out into the world now that someone else had sealed it's main body way from reality.

Seeing all of this, those that had given up start struggling with those who had decided that they need to leave; people rush to the doors as if to block it with their bodies, fearing the departure of the ESPers would hasten their own end, practically trampling over others as they go, and prompting a surprisingly violent response from many of their neighbors; with calls for the panicking ones to calm down turning into something closer to a riot as fights break out over exactly what should be done next.

There is something else going on here...

While there is no way to know it for sure, the feeling you get is that this negative reaction is a bit too powerful and overblown for it to make complete sense, as if it was being amplified by something outside of your sight...

Like all the fighting that you had seen on the way through the city before the harmonizers had seemed to lack a clear cause...

It's mostly under control for now, but looking at it...

It's clear that it will eventually escalate if something isn't done about it.
    Last edited by Airen; January 2nd, 2018 at 09:17 PM.
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Blog Entries
    Suzume Oshino
    Uraku Aoyama ~ Penthouse
    Morning

"So uh, you're the big man?"

How do you even talk to a god? I don't even know how I'd talk to an elected official or something. Do I just address him with that name? Isn't that a first name? I guess it's all I have?

"Well...there is something I am curious about so excuse me if I'm being direct here...why her? A lot of this arrangement still...confuses me."

Blog Entries
    Jacques Dussault
    Warehouse

"Hey, hey, enough already."

Even if this is kind of what I expected, it's a little disheartening. Watching people trample over each other in fear and self-preservation isn't any prettier then it sounds on paper.

Good thing I didn't come along for the party favors and bright confetti.

"Enough."

The ground cracks under my feet as shadows burst from every corner of the warehouse, winding around waists, feet, hands, pulling people apart and locking them into place. Every single one.

Damn.

I guess I've been getting stronger after all, huh? It feels good.

"Listen up," and shadows wind around their mouths for a second, insubstantial enough to breath through but heavy enough to muffle sound.

"I gotta be honest, I'm no cop or anything. I'm not even really a hero, sorry. But I don't want to stay in this stupid fucking warehouse until something too big for its britches puts its foot through this place. I don't want to force anybody, so if you don't want to come, you don't have to. Just promise me you won't trample over your neighbors in the meantime."

The shadows recede, and I place them down gently, making sure everyone has at least a bit of space. Everyone who was fighting, at least.
    Gonna need you to be ready to summon him then, as long as you're not too badly hurt.

"I don't honestly care too much if you stay here or not. I wish I was a better person, but I'm not. Sorry."

I look around the room. Have I seen some of them? Probably some. Some probably not. It doesn't really matter.

"Lot of people here have lost at least one person today, or through this week. My best friend shot himself a few hours ago, for instance," Maybe my voice is a little hollow, maybe it isn't, but it doesn't matter. "I knew him for eight years, and now he's gone. And that's just how it is right now. Nothing new for anyone this past week. But here's the thing... I figure getting over to the airship, or at least finishing getting you guys there, is better than sitting around waiting for people to play Russian roulette. And if you wanna sit here, and do that, then fine. I won't stop you, and I'm not in the mood. If you don't wanna do that... then will you please, at least, consider coming along with me?"

And that's how it is.
    Last edited by Mooncake; December 16th, 2018 at 08:01 PM.

Blog Entries
    Suzume Oshino
    Uraku Aoyama ~ Penthouse
    Morning

"Why her?"

While your response was a lot less amusing than he had initially hoped it would be, the God that is being surprisingly tolerant for beings that were well known in myth to make the lives of mortals a living hell for the crime of even looking at them wrong, the God in human guise just chuckles at the question as if he found it amusing in his own way.

"It's not a particularly complicated reason. Why does Aogami listen to you?"

Posing his answer first as a question, the chuckling leads to a serene shrug of his shoulders.

"I respected her spirit. She stood up to 'me' at the end when everyone else had already fallen, and that spirit was impressive enough that I offered her a contract on what was little more than a whim... I guess you could say I'm fond of her nowadays?"

It sounds surprisingly human, as far as divine motivations go.

"Well, I'm fond of humans in general I suppose; you allowed me to become what I am right now, I need all of you to remain in order to remain this way myself, so I didn't mind putting in a bit of work to ensure you survive. I just so happened to become fond of my Summoner during that time, so now ensuring humanity's survival is personal on two fronts."
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Blog Entries
    Suzume Oshino
    Uraku Aoyama ~ Penthouse
    Morning

"Hmmm...I guess there are whims even you are subject to, huh?" I tilt my head a little.

This being is just...the unease he previously seemed to cause has faded from me at least, but I still feel like I am not actually talking to something whose responses I can predict. I roll my shoulders and exhale, trying to get a little bit of the tension out. Once my date arrives I have to focus. I can't let his presence unnerve me.

I'm still not sure this is the way to go if I'm being honest. But this IS a way to alter a preset outcome. Just changing the angle at which the dice are thrown. I just hope I will like the result.

"I do have to wonder though...in the paradise she describes, eternal bliss for humans...what place do gods have? Aren't you more like something we...create because of hardships?"

Blog Entries
    Suzume Oshino
    Uraku Aoyama ~ Penthouse
    Morning

"They don't have a place in that future."

His answer is quick, and so completely natural that it's clear no thought was necessary to dredge it up from his consciousness.

"In order for the world to be eternal, beings that could disrupt it after it is created must be dealt with in one way or another. Killing Gods and Demons is pointless without also killing humanity, as you lot will eventually revive them by continuing to think about them, even if you don't mean to do so... So I have been absorbing their essence instead and binding them all within me. In essence, I suppose you could say I am a God that is capable of devouring other Gods. Every time the war reoccurs within this world the Gods that lie outside of it come to fight for the right of creation, and I slay and devour them all every time... With generous help from humanity, of course."

To him it's not a big deal, and the casual way he speaks of it cements that this is the case.

"By doing that, they continue to exist within me and cannot simply be revived, and I am also capable of taking and harnessing all of their power for myself. So at the end, no God other than myself will be necessary, I will be absolute, and thus the world I create will not be able to be harmed by anyone or anything, that is the end game."

He will be God itself, or rather...

He and his Summoner will be...

A pause.

"As of now... There are only one or two stragglers left for me to finish; Izanami is hiding somewhere in the city, but she'll have to come out at some point."
    Last edited by Airen; January 14th, 2018 at 09:58 PM.
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Glorious Grammar Master Race Frantic Author's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Hitoshira Nagi
    Inside of Ananta (?)

"Yod, Heh, Vav, Heh...?"

A broken man chants.

"...The Mother..."

He stares at Lilith.

"...You."

I glance back at a man who is wreathed in red and black.

"Me."

This is it. The culmination of everything that I was, and everything that I could be. As I stare at Yagami, I flick a stray strand of hair out of my eyes. "You know, Yagami," I begin, "I don't believe I ever got your name. At least, this time around."

It's true.

It's true that I know what could happen, and what has happened. It's true that on a world where there's nothing but an island and a story book. There's a time where I fell through the sky with a lance through my gut, and there's a time where I stood by Yagami's side, smiling in approval as he tore reality itself in half. These are both
    things that could happen
    things that have happened.
    I know this as well as I know myself. These aren't just facades that Yagami and I have put on, these are facts. Yagami and Nagi are two sides of the same coin.

It is sad.

Yes.

That is the only way to look at Yagami. He is a pitiable person, and so I smile at him - a bit despairingly, a bit empty, but a smile nonetheless. It is hard to look at him sometimes, such as now. He is trying to be a villain, to be the 'person who cannot be saved'. But there is no way I can accept that. Everyone can be saved. Everyone is equal.

A conversation flashes through my mind, one that I had so little time ago.

"I don't have much of a job normally," I tell Yagami casually, as if he would even care. It is irrelevant to Yagami, if I work or not. "If I am to be completely honest with you. I'm financially stable enough I can afford to just slack around if I want, but, recently, I've decided to take up a bit of a personal job."

I pause. It is a momentary pause, as I remember his words, the look on his face. It was unchanged, but I cannot keep my face so stoic while saying something so outrageous. And so, I merely state it as a fact with soft eyes and a warm smile.

"For the next couple of days. I think I'll be this city's hero. Look forward to it."

This is the end of our road. Our paths intertwined in such a way that I don't think there's a person on the planet who I'm closer with. As I spin my ax in one hand, I look at Lilith. "Mother, hn? Well, I think that you and I have a bit of a job before us."

A grin flickers across my face, bright and wide. "Do you think that you can find it within yourself, Lilith, to try as hard to save Yagami as you try to protect me?"

It's a vicious, cruel thing to say to her. I know this. I know it all too well, how vile it is to ask someone something that seems so impossible.

I know it's hard. I know it's going to be almost impossible to save the person before me. But... I can't let him go. I can't let the past die like this. I can't let an alternate reality, where I stood beside him as a sister does a brother, vanish into the endless sea of memory and wishes.

This is reality. In reality, Nakamura Auron was carved apart by Yagami. But... That doesn't matter to me. In a dream, Auron, Yagami, and I stand on a beach where the water doesn't move, and laugh with a girl who can't leave. And as she opens to the last page of her book, she stares at it with a smile, and writes "to be continued". That's the dream that I can definitely achieve.

"Hey, Auron." I stare at him as Mary walks over to him, bleeding onto the ground. "I hope you don't mind if I beat some sense into him."

Ahhh...

I feel it.

I feel it rising in my soul. I feel it heating up, and the whispers of my ax waft through the air. This is it. Here we go.

"Well then Yagami, are you ready?"

I hold up one finger, arching it inwards.

"Then come."
    Last edited by Frantic Author; January 23rd, 2018 at 09:18 PM.
    in the end we will make thoughtcrime impossible, for there shall be no words to express it

#THELEGENDNEVERDIES

[01:05.15] <@Spinach> I can flash gang signs faster than Sasuke can perform ninjutsu and I rap like Medea's High Speed Divine Words.

Blog Entries
    Makoto Fujoka
    Night

"Like I said, I'm not one to get involved with funny business."

To be fair, that was true to a point.

If Sensei had a problem with anyone, she just kind of confronted them about it. In that sense, she really wasn't the type to do subtle things and shady business, but...

Then again, she also never really seemed to talk about herself either.

You knew a lot from years of sheer exposure sure, but really, when you thought about it, what exactly made Sensei tick? She was overprotective of her students yes, but why, and would she be willing to do shady things to protect them...?

...The answer was a resounding probably, so:

"Here, it was carved from the oak of some sacred tree or something; might work as a charm. Never really know with these sorts of things."

And with that, she pulls something from the bag beside her chair.

A simple white and grey sword handle, just as she had said it would be; intricately carved with the kinds of characters you can't recognize, it...

Doesn't feel like much, even if you probe it with your spirit, but...

...Suspicious.
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Blog Entries
    Jacques Dussault
    Warehouse

There was a crimson voice egging them on even as you moved to stop them, a voice that was their own, seemed so much like themselves, that none of them ever truly think to question it of their own accord...

Because it was them.

All of their fears and worries, amplified so much for some that it had drowned out everything else.

It was a magic of the sickest sort, a subtle drive into darkness that worked not by creating darkness, but simply by giving a megaphone to that which already existed and watching the result.

Some could resist it, but you'd be surprised how many could not.

Reality can crush like a hammer. It's much easier to believe in simple 'obvious' outcomes, to give into despair rather than manifest hope in times where it simply does not seem to exist, and it is a result that is inevitable if one is left alone with themselves.

They can't defeat that monster.

Everything within them screams that, and they have all the evidence necessary to believe it.

Some get angry when you intervene.

A sudden rush of amplified anger, anger at someone who had power and was talking like it was so easy, anger at the world for putting them into this scenario in the first place, and then...

Shame.

Shame because someone pointed out how they were acting, shame because the people they were thinking of as super-humans, the heroes they were hiding behind...

Were just as human as they were, no...

Moreso, because at the very least, they were bothering to protect the people around them even if escaping alone would have been the clearly easier solution.

How selfish could they be? While your method of acting on calling them on it wasn't the best, however ultimately, the people of Aoyama are a bizarre sort that can accept more than most; it's true that the situation is bad, and that the chances of them being able to come out on top of this are close to zero percent, but...

Giving up when others had fought to their own end, fought for life, fought to make sure others got even this far...

That was wrong.

That would spit on those that came before, just sitting down and taking it...

That wasn't the human way.

They hadn't fought it eight years ago, but as those that had survived, it was their obligation to fight it now-!

"...Will you?"

However...

That crimson voice...

Has no intentions of simply letting humanity go now that it has a grip on it's heart.

"Getting out of here together sounds good doesn't it? You'll find a way if you just work together~ But what are you really doing? Hiding behind the backs of these heroes and letting them die for you?"

Even you can hear it now.

A mocking laugh whose tone cannot be placed, an infinite spirit whose words are customized to strike at the cracks in the hearts of those it speaks too...

"What power do you really have? Can you really do anything if these heroes of yours die...? Will you survive that scenario? I think you already know that answer..."

A roar splits the night.

"It's coming-!"

Gisela leaping out the window to face it automatically...

You're left with a choice of your own.
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Makoto Fujioka
    Night

Fuuuuuuuuu fu fu…

Chomping down on a piece of bread I stare at Sensei, technically, teeeeechnically she wasn’t wrong! Hmph, but I know the truth even though one might get fooled to think Sensei sensei didn’t fall under the umbrella of funny business she was actually near its peak! This whole exchange has just reinforced the fact that I and Kyoto need to follow or jump on her shoulders to keep watch.

Mmmmm hm hm hm super-duper funny business, probably a sign that there’s so much going around-

Buuuuuut first Ace detective Makoto shall handle the case of the funny ornament!

Woody… carved… Senseiey… but no reactions… doesn’t look tasty…

Poking the sword handle with my fork I examine it in between stealing bites of food and strangely there doesn’t strange or unusual about it but… but that can’t be true at all must be tricky thingie to it.

“Okay fancy schwammy charm thanks Sensei and thankies for reminding me I have stuff for everyone to!”

Setting aside the matter of the suspicious and intriguing handle I pick it up and swallow, coating it with my power and attaching it to a side so I can hold onto it and poke at it better later tonight. For now I shall eat, snuggle with those next to me and play with everyone else!

Nyahahaha warm and fuzzy with games and fun things all over ~~~

Fu fu fu fu ~ tonight shall be the greatest slumber paaaaaaaarty and nobody shall escape nayahaha ~.

Blog Entries
    Mikagura Mika
    Burning Tokyo

Any elation I felt at seeing Liane get her confidence back with the ensuing second wind dies as soon as my eyes catch on to what Nami is doing. Perhaps this was something I knew from the very start when I sent Genbu to stop her, and I am sure my demon tried their best, but…

Nami’s so stupid. Her plan is even dumber than the idiot being rejected by the Soul Sea right now. What is she thinking? She knows that the other knights are only barely capable of restraining the Kyuubi’s rage, not annihilate it entirely. To think you can be the element that tips the scales…

That’s just arrogance of a caliber not even I can claim to have.

Even so, when it comes to the thought of leaving her to that fate and getting something else accomplished instead, I just… My heart just…

I sigh.

I have to save that idiot.

“Genbu, help me get up there so I can stop that dumbass myself!”