Page 129 of 165 FirstFirst ... 2979119124127128129130131134139 ... LastLast
Results 2,561 to 2,580 of 3296

Thread: Ga Rei: Exodus Nine (IC)

Blog Entries
    Saki Ryuumonbuchi
    Memorial Park Ruins, Magatsu Aoyama

“That will be good enough, ‘Saki Ryuumonbuchi.’ If your target is Chronos, then Saki Ryuumonbuchi is almost an apt moniker for you, Crawling Chaos.”

-- The girl’s hand closes in on that of her own, that of her reflection.

Of course, it’s obvious. It will not adhere to this promise. It will do what it pleases. It is human, and humans lie. Because she is human she knows better than any other, yet the same as all the rest.

But this ‘God’ is not the world-ending calamity she has sights on. It could be one. Certainly, this thing could engineer the downfall of Saki’s world, but it is not the one she must deal with. It is not her absolute enemy.

Yet, just as much, it very well could be.

Even should she succeed, Nyarlathotep will remain. Her next world, she won’t exclude the Haunter of the Dark from it. It will be a ‘world for all,’ and the God behind the shadow is a part of that all. Even if it tries to drag that world into depravity, plunge it into despair, and hurl it towards destruction, it will be welcome.

Just as those that will oppose it are welcome.

And doesn’t that suit this God just fine?

If nothing opposes it, if there are no humans or Gods to destroy themselves, what will it have to laugh at?

Nothing. Nothing at all.

-- Fingers clasp onto the open hand.

“I hope you come to enjoy the world I will create, Nyarlathotep.”

Click the moon for extra scenes Verg Avesta's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Medrod Pendragon
    New Aoyama (Residential Ruins)

Quote Originally Posted by Yuka
    "Running from fight to fight without patching yourself up ain't gonna help anybody. You were cool and all, and it's good to be motivated... But let's at least heal that arm first, hm?"
    It was like the buzzing in his head had been snapped away with a single strike, like a wire is with cutters.

Medrod stared upwards, towards the sky and towards where Yuka nearly hovered, or rather towered, above him like some sort of indignant angel on the battlefield. The voices of the people around him also came back, and he realized that they were talking to him. Asking him questions. Being... worried about him? That was first. Well, not first, there had been the Soba Shop Crew, but these were... random strangers. People who would have, a month back, been too scared of him to even open their mouths. But here they were, asking if he was alright and if he needed help.

And as if to lead that pack, there was Yuka. Slapping him straight in the face with a bucket of cold water.

... He didn't know if should have laughed.

Honestly, it might have just made things worse.

"I... I can't waste any time," Medrod grunted as he picked himself up from the ground. "I can still hold my sword, and every passing minute, elsewhere..."

He left his words dangling in the air as he glanced towards the other parts of the city where battles still raged. That buzzing in his head grew a bit louder again, but he pushed it back and gripped his sword, hard, with his still-functioning left hand. They weren't out of the woods yet. This part of the city might have been safe, for now, but elsewhere chaos still reigned. They needed everyone who could protect them, who could help them. If his legs still carried him, if his eye still functioned, if his sword still aimed true... he could be of use to them. He could rest when it was all over, one way or another. But what he had promised was... well, it wasn't exactly atonement, but it was something close to it. Use whatever was left of his life to make things right, even if it would never be enough. It wasn't as if he was seeking to die by doing good, but if risking his life to save few more people, few more innocents, was needed... he would do it.

Without blinking an eye.

"What about others?" he asked from Yuka, as he looked over the group of people. "Red? Noriko? Kazuya? That... barrier ESPer? Are they... alright?"

But, despite what his heart and his mind were telling him... he wasn't exactly prepared to defy Yuka. She was scary enough even when she wasn't angry. He really didn't want to piss her off, especially in an already volatile situation like this. Therefore, with a hint of resignation in his sigh, Medrod lifted his right arm, offering it up to Yuka.

"... Also, wasn't that cool," he added as if an afterthought. "Not really."

While Medrod tried to play it off, his speech-pattern reverting to back to his old ways, not to mention the tiny hint of red on his cheeks, did spell out the truth quite glaringly.

The Time-Governing Twelve Covenants Airen's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Medrod Pendragon

"Mhm."

In the end, the only sound she makes out of your denial is a light, disbelieving one as she lightly grips your wrist.

"Maybe a bit comic-book superheroey, but it was cool enough, in a dorky sort of way."

A momentary wink.

"Diarahan."

And then a blue-flash restores everything that had become broken in you; while natural regeneration had already been hard at work repairing the arm Ryuichi had destroyed, it had seemed that the lingering will in it had made the bones less conventionally broken and more borderline powdered by the strike that had been his whole life made manifest. While most of the Soba Shop Crew had been tossing around hints that they weren't as normal as they had seemed right from the start -even if your earlier self had convinced yourself to ignore it for the sake of getting along with them-, it is still a bit surprising to see her so blatantly perform what could only be some form of sorcery...

But she doesn't even try to hide it, to her it's not particularly important that she does so; if anyone around had been capable of understanding the significance behind her being able to use that particular system of magic it may have been the surprise reveal of a "rare prodigy," but as it is...

Only Red -restored to her human self and sitting at your side- shows the briefest flashes of recognition from it.

"Looks like everyone's alright."

In comparison, Kazuya moving to sit at your other side carries the air of a man who continues to be ceaselessly casual, or rather someone who continues to not be worried no matter what sort of problem life throws his way. There's a sword at his side, plain looking and held in an unremarkable sheath; however, as guns would be a much more common choice amongst the people of the modern day it still seems slightly out of place but-

"Noriko-chan pushed herself a bit hard mentally, and the barrier ESPer -Koga-san- is being taken care of by the crowd; nothing to worry too much about... They'll both be fine in a bit. Nothing life threatening, just the cost of breaking past your limits so recklessly; there's always a price for that sort of thing."

Eyes flicker to you.

"...So you watch yourself too. I can feel all of that from here, and the blow-back when it's over... It's gonna feel like hell."
    Last edited by Airen; April 16th, 2018 at 11:57 AM.
    Exodus (Complete)

Even if the author is silenced, the performance is stilled and the actors leave the stage, the story will never truly end.

Regardless of the form it takes, as long as there are memories of it's existence, the story will continue on.

In a small ward in the heart of a once devastated town, life carries on as it always has...

Because of you.

Please, remember it warmly.

We'll continue to walk down this path for eternity.

Mugen No Sekai

"The Illusion Incomplete Memories Produce Are,

Fleeting, Disappearing into the Future,

Until the Ruins of Yesterday Overflow,

For That Which Falls Only to Rise is Simply a--"

Makoto Fujioka
    Uraku Aoyama
    Magatsu Aoyama

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah...

How strange and how super duuuper frustrating…

I want, I want, I want, I want to…

Sooo …close.

So close, so close but everything is just to far… I can feel it hammer in my head and pulse in my soul, more, just …more if… only I could do more…

Helplessly knocked away I can only curse myself and the unfazed figures retreating into the distance as unpleasant sensations flood my mind.

Pain.

Crushing pain.

Overwhelming, searing, crushing, all consuming pain.

PAINPAINPAINPAINPAINPAINPAINPAINPAINPAINPAINPAINPA INPAINPAINPAINPAINPAINPAINPAINPAINPAINPAINPAINPAIN PAINPAINPAINPAINPAINPAINPAINPAINPAINPAINPAINPAINPA INPAINPAINPAINPAINPAINPAINPAINPAINPAINPAINPAINPAIN PAINPAINPAINPAINPAINPAINPAINPAINPAINPAINPAINPAINPA INPAINPAINPAINPAINPAINPAINPAINPAINPAINPAINPAINPAIN PAINPAINPAINPAINPAINPAINPAINPAINPAINPAINPAINPAINPA INPAINPAINPAINPAINPAINPAINPAI-

“-IT HURTS!”

Stopping my own thoughts I screaming out in frustration as my body breaks from proximity alone the world begins to blur and slow as I fall and helplessly I’m only left with thinking about what ifs.

Annoying… It would have been funny to trip him up and drag him down here with me. Yeah, super duper, truly, truly annoying maximum but I guess it all kinda works out? It’s not quite how I planned it out… but this is sorta the same result, kiiiinda…

Watching the world above me slowly get farther and farther out of reach I watch my bubbling memories flash in front of my eyes as they flutter out of my head.

I want… no, I really need to make a bet and for that bet to be realized I need to both hang onto that funny power and I need to abandon everything. Would have been nice to save this for Chiaoko-nee, she might have hated it but… but if I won she’d make a funny face wouldn’t she…
    Sensei I think I really
    love
    hate
    you.

Goodbye Ane-san…

Goodbye Kyoto…

Goodbye Sensei Sensei…

Goodbye Megane…

Goodbye Chiaoko-nee…

Goodbye Kimichi, goodbye Akido, goodbye Canada, goodbye Hitomimi, goodbye Usami, goodbye Aiya and...

Goodbye, everyone… See you soon I …hope.

One by one I let everything inside my head until only THAT remains.

A gentle impact belying a tormented sea, a different yet familiar insanity and a yearning, I can’t think, I can’t breathe, I can’t even tell where I begin and end. Melting, bleeding, cursing endlessly no up no down and hot is the same as cold. Everything is fine. Abandon everything but that and scream out.

I ̶RE͝M̀EMBE̴R HIM!

Push this
    sword
    power
    as far as it can go and run wild, reach, stab, integrate and beckon, a twisted world tree impaling all. GIVE ME THE TWILIGHT, GIVE ME THE FOX, GIVE ME EVERYTHING!

I̲̤̟͟ͅ ͏̡͕͙͙̹͈K̛͙̼̭N͉̠͉O̶͉͙̙̻͙W̱̘̣͟ ̴̬̼̮̞̺̕H̯͇͇̜̙͉̕͟Ì̤̯̟͕̹͈͡M̳̙͇ͅ!̫̹

The cursing colour on the wind speaks of the over flowing haze filling the world, thus connectivity is born, exploit it. DEVOUR EVERYTHING.

Screaming, crying, cursing, cutting, scraping, lamenting, pleading, praying, a never ending flood that drowns out thought and reason but… I don’t need anything like those anymore I prepared all this before based on the assumption of an absent self, Instinct, incoherent desire and a frenzy that was like a whirling sea.

An instinct to grow and a desire to
    cut everything down
    embrace everything

It
    I
    will scream out for everything and everything,
    It
    I
    will serve as a vessel for this pervasive darkness so I will utilize this resentment within me as a virus to infect everything.

I’m sorry Ane-san and everyone else but I don’t need all of you right now, all that I need is this hatred that we both share of him.

Drowning like he told me to will surely scream out and rise.

Ĉ̵̵̷̪̼̘͓̩͇͉͍̘̭̭͖͓́̓͐̌ͩ̈̈̀ͮͮͮ͗̌ͭͤ̃̚̕ͅH͆͐̉͑̑̒ͩ͐̽̂̉ͨ ̷̶̶̱͕̲̝͙̆̌̃ͣ̀͠R͊ͥ̉̐̆͂͏̷̧̛͓͚̼̺͉̪͖̼̤̤̤̦̺̪̮͠O̐ͬ͌̎ͣͨͮ̐ ̵̃ͭ̊͛̍͊̌ͨ̐͂ͦ̀͏̧̛͈̭̙̯̣͕̟̭̞̠̞̹̭O̸̸̘̠̖̣̼̫̪͗̉͗͐̏̋̀͑̏̌͝ ̘̲͖̦̹̙̟͉̳̱ͅǪ̴̧̞͓͙̱͍̘̩̠̬̲̲͈̠̗͓̎̊ͦ͛̊͗̒ͭ͛̿͌̈́͆̎̿ͯ͌̂͜O ̢̃͐̎̾͐̑̃̊̓͒̒́ͮ͒͑̐̂̔͏̶̡͕͔͉̫͔͎̮̼͖̕O̸̸̊ͦ̑̑̒ͮ̌̾͐̊̐ͥ̓̀̕ ̪͙̟̦̣̗͍̫̱͉͇̝Ŏ̷̷̡̭̤̞̜̫̎̓́͊͌̈̐̀͞Ö̞̱͙̮͈̳̣̗̹͉ͥ͂ͫ̆̀͜͠ O̵̵͓͍̳̠͙̮̹̞͇̲̼ͭͤ̅́ͣ̇͆ͪ̚̕͡Ǫ̴̼̻̹̹̣̫̣̤̻ͤͨ̋̾͞ͅͅȬ̋͆ͭ ̴̸̴̡̟̖͍̤̖͙̗̖̣̜͙̜̰ͭ́͐̾͗̿ͭͯ̃̑ͫ͆ͭ̾͟O͓̹͈̞̔̈́̿̆̊̈́͐ͣ̔̕͟͟ ̙͍̗͖͇͎͈̝͚̤ͅͅO̶̶̸̝̟̦̱̳̦̠͙͙ͭͭ̆̐́ͮ̂ͬ̀́͒̏ͩ͋̐ͧ̚O͑ͯ̋ͤ̈́͗ͬ ̸̢̰͓̹̣̯̬̦ͩ͐͊ͩͪ͊̋̆͒͋Ǫ̵̻̜̲̝̺̬͓̙͓̲̭͈̺̓ͨ͒̄̔̀̀̚͢Õ̍̔̿̂ ̸̵̢͎͈̖͇̲͓͙̦̺̞̞̙ͅÔ̧̧̟͍̦̱̦̥̯̼̱͖̹̻̠̱̹̰ͧͪ͋̈́ͭ͌͒ͧͪ͊O͐̎ͤ ̢̹̱̼̳͎͎̠̰̮͑̍ͬ̇ͪ̽̐ͥ͌̈́ͫ͐ͪ̓̇͛̀̀O̴̧̪̖̯̥̟̼̪̙͇̩̻ͧͣ̓̃̊ͪ̀͠ ̤̖̪̩̙ͅͅO̧̪͓̭̘ͦ̒̄ͪ́̑͋̌ͧ̽̍͆̽̑͘̕͜Oͬͨ̇ͥͮͭͬͯ̔ͣ̾͐̓̈́̊̏ͯ͆̚ ̧͔̤̣̩̤̮̯͘͞ͅŐ̸ͣͨͬ̈ͧͩ͝͏̡͕͍̣̻̥̖̺̙̺͇̝͢ͅO̢̊͒̋ͦ͑̊̇̀̀̓͊҉ ̗̭͎͚͍̹̗͖O̡̲͎̥͕̲̮̙ͮ̽͐́ͪ̀̐ͣͯ̔͒̂ͬͣ̑̒͐̚͘N̨͋̈̿ͨ̐ͪ̀̆͑͑ͭ͏ ͉̺̟̰͔̬̲̱̮̼̩̖̠͍̼̦ͅO̎̀ͩͣͤ͒̉̊͗͌͞͏̵̩͇̪̫̥̺̙͚̻͉ͅÕ̜ͭ̆͌̀͡ ̻̠̰̫̼̘͇̭O̺̦̜͇͕̘̣̘̬̟͉͍̣̲̲̭̤̞̒̐ͬͯ̎͡͠Ő̿̈͛̂̆ͮ͋̋́̿͋͏̯̰ ̗̣̣̩̫ͅO̸̴̜͉͈̺͕͙̺͖̲̼̊̆͂ͪͩͨ̔̔ͦ̋̌̋̏̓̾͜͠ͅÓ̊̇̐͋̍̆̾ͮͩ̏ͪ ͧ͐͢͢͢͏͓̺̺͉O̡͎̞̘̪̜͎͕̫̼̘̻͎̞̰͎̼͓̜̍ͨͥ̏̄ͪͤͮ͟͝Ǫ̀ͦ͐ͮ̐̈́̈́͢ ̨̛͓̜̰͙̣͠O̝͖̭̻̰̪͚̫̯̖̿̅́͋ͧͥͪͧ̿̽͒̎̕̕ͅO̷͓̭̞̬̳͎ͥͫ̋ͫ͗̀͡ͅ ̫̥̗̞̩̹̙̤͖̱͈͙O̶͎͔̰͎̣̜̰̥̟̹̎̎ͮ͡͡O̧̖̦̟̥͙͓͇̤̪̠̐̊͑̀̒͆̊͞ͅ ͙̗̤͇̲Ǫ̶͙̻͓̬̭̜̼̱̯̰̞̣͙͚̭ͥ͆̾̽̃̄͞Ǫ̀̒̀ͯ̐ͮ̚͘͝҉̺͎͉͈̻̰̖͟ ̟̺ͅO̡̢̮̱͎̫̙͓̮̓̾̿ͤ͊̔̃ͦ̒ͫ́ͥͮ͝Ơ̢̻̬͈̩̿͗̇̆̇͆́͊͆͆O͌͑̈́ͧ͑ ̔̐̋͋͗ͫ҉̻̫̬̗̹̘O̴̵̤̠̤̤͈͉̳̭̭̘̭̲͎̤͒ͤ̓̽̌ͤ͊̐ͪ̄ͤ̀̍́̚͘͟͝O͛ ̶̱͈̼̙͓ͣ̐̐ͮ͋̚͞O̧͔̘̰̲̲̰̪̬̺̳̳̭͍̝̙̥͖ͯ͛̒̐͟͡͠Ǒ̥̠͙̣̀ͥ̚͞ͅ ̻Ǫ̸̸̨̨̣͍̭̪̪̞̭̦̇̓ͯ̆Ǫ̯͇̲͚̖̥̠̪̫̯̼̆̅ͣ̒̂ͣͨ̎͑ͧ͑ͪ͛ͦ̄̈́̆͘ ͈͖Ơ̧̡̖̫͇̩̙͈̞̯̖̫̺͉͒ͧ̋ͤ̿̌͐ͅO̶ͦ̋̏̈́ͤ̃̃̚͜҉̼͎̯̟͜Oͣ̄ͥ̈͐ͭ ̸̷̜̻̼̻̣̗̮̻̮̟̭͈̊͠Ọ̧̢̰͔͇̮͚̟̭̫̠̞͖͈͚ͫ̇̆̎̓̐̿͂̓͛̔̅͘͠O̽̿ ̶̿̒̈̄ͣ͞͏̶̛̖̗͇͖̲͇̦Ǒ̡̩̗̱͖̭͖͈̲̯̆ͥͤ͞͠ͅO̔ͮ̄ͥ̍͛̓̈͌ͧ̏͆͗͆ ̸̠͉̜̳̯̺͕̪̰̙͓̭̓ͦ͑ͅO̐ͧ͐ͥͥͩ͂̈̀̚҉͉̻̤̬̞͎̳̺̫̫̪̖̼͢͞O͆ͪͨͨ̍ ͨ̽̑̋̎ͯ̓̆͐ͧͧ̅҉̸̷̱̙͔̹̹͎̼̖͕̰̱̙̳́͟Ȍ̷̢̋͒̑ͨ͊̍̏ͮ̽́̂́̔̿̃͏ ̸͉̮̣̬̣̬̗͍̣̗͠O̵̩͎̞̙͍͍̥̥̰̟̝͒ͯ̓ͣ͑̿̑͆̔͆ͩ̄̾̐̆̎̎̾̚͝Oͩ̐ͦ͆ ̻̹̲̻̪̟̣͍̤̙̱̦̟͞͡ͅO̫͎͍̣͓͈̦͚̣̼͑̄̈́͛ͯ́̀̀͗̒͛́͐͗̊̈́͊ͧ̚͘͢O̾ ̮̝̘̱͗̽̂ͫͦ͛ͥ̀̓̂̂ͤͫ͊ͨ̕͝Ó̊͐̉ͩͪͤ̒͑͊͒́͏̣̳͉͍̯O̷̅ͮ̿ͭ̉̆̊͝ ̢̰̻̜̪̝͎̹͔̀͜Şͯ̔̅ͯ̾ͣ̏̉͜͡͠͏͍͇̠̝̹͙͕͔͍͓͉̟̗̗͍!̷̧̙͖͍̲̔ͨͯ ͎͈̦͚̘̺̱͖͙̦̼͙̤̹

Blog Entries
    Medrod Pendragon

Medrod tested his healed arm, a sense of amazement growing in his mind. A limb that had been practically turned useless, nothing but a flappy bag of skin containing his torn muscles and powdered bones had been restored by... what exactly? Yuka's powers? But what were those powers? They didn't exactly feel like ESP abilities, but something more... out-there, if that was even the right way to describe them. Out-there, and powerful. Something that made Medrod suddenly feel very glad that he hadn't gotten too far to the wrong side of the older girl.

Still... it did make him realize something.

Whether it was turning a blind eye, quite literally in this case, or just willful ignorance, he had been in denial of Yuka and Kazuya being something more than normal young adults. Same with Noriko, now that he thought about it. If he had made himself understand that back when he first entered the restaurant, he would have most likely tried---

No, he didn't want to think of it.

The mere idea of that thought made him ashamed. These people had been nothing but wonderful to him, despite full-well knowing what sort of person he had been. They had pushed through that wall he had surrounded himself with using sheer stubbornness and good food. In other words, he owed everything to them. If anything, right now he was glad that he had met them, glad that he knew them and glad that they, even now, stood by his side when the world was turning to chaos.

It was no wonder that Medrod's face was full of rather complex emotions from his realization as he patted his hand and looked up at Yuka.

"Thanks... Yuka," he spoke with a voice rather raspy from emotions.

What too Medrod somewhat by surprise was seeing Red suddenly back in her human form. Just moments ago she had been a majestic dragon, Crimson Queen, ruling over the skies. More than that, she had let him ride on her back, doing something what should have been a humiliating task for a creature like her. Perhaps, at least Medrod like to think, that it was the sign of something even stronger than the chain connecting them. A bond between true equals and... friends?

He was about to say something to her in a quiet voice, but Kazuya's sudden appearance shut his mouth quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazuya
    "Looks like everyone's alright. Noriko-chan pushed herself a bit hard mentally, and the barrier ESPer -Koga-san- is being taken care of by the crowd; nothing to worry too much about... They'll both be fine in a bit. Nothing life threatening, just the cost of breaking past your limits so recklessly; there's always a price for that sort of thing."
    It was good to hear that the female ESPer, Koga-san was it?, was being taken care of. Medrod still made a mental note to himself that he should go thank her once all was said and done. It was unlikely that he would have gotten this far without her help, especially when he was lost in the black mud. However, what made Medrod frown slightly were the news about Noriko. She had overexerted herself? It was most likely that her powers had only manifested recently, what with the vampire incident, and yet she went overboard. She wasn't even an ESPer, meaning her healing abilities were far from him. And yet she want and got herself in such shape?

Another mental note was made. Medrod promised himself that once this was over, he would do his best to channel Yuka and give Noriko a stern talking-to.

Hell, if she's going to do something like this in the future, I should train her properly. A strong mind comes from a strong body after all, Medrod grumbled in his thoughts.

"...So you watch yourself too. I can feel all of that from here, and the blow-back when it's over... It's gonna feel like hell."
    That made Medrod flinch. He didn't exactly fancy that idea, and Kazuya certainly knew what he was talking about. Still, when what he described would happen... it would have to be after the city was safe. Medrod would just have soldier on forward before that.

"It's fine," Medrod grunted. "I can rest when I'm dead and buried."

It was only a second later that he, to his horror, realized both Yuka and Red were right there to hear what he just said.

"... Sorry. I'm joking," he added, face a little pale and eye glued to his shoes.

Blog Entries
    Saki Ryuumonbuchi
    Skyscraper, Magatsu Aoyama

"Humans are fun to play with, so I'm sure any world would be a fun world; the truth of humans never changes~"

The sensation is that of the world moving beneath your feet.

Darkness overtaking all of your other senses as you come to grip 'that shadow's' hand, while the resulting blur is that of a pitch-black darkness you can still sense movement amongst the shadows, movement so fast that the lack of wind inside of your ears become somehow disconcerting to you, lacking in what one would call logic.

The Faceless God is bringing you along to face the chosen opponent. Whether because of the 'deal' you had made, or simply because it wanted to see you face this enemy for some reason, ti simply cuts straight to the chase and increases the speed of the pursuit to a divine pace. While it is clearly malevolent, it is a malevolence that does not quite feel aimed at you in this moment; and there is no sensation of fear even though it's hand feels so cold and ice-like that it sends shivers down your spine.

But Belial remains at your side.

Having acted surprisingly tolerant ever since the previous night's conversation, the pose of the Demon Prince radiates nobility even when he cannot be seen amongst darkness; it is hiding power, of that you are more sure than ever, and yet it's usual snark is not quite appearing to you, and indeed, it seems to deem it okay for you to be making all of the calls against this Faceless God, and...

Somehow...

You feel like you've impressed him somehow, or rather...

That he had come to trust you just a bit more, not just for your actions here, but rather...

A culmination of all the things up until now.

MAS Rank Up!
    MAS: C

Belial's AGI -> C
    Perk "Belial ~ The Master-less" Acquired

---

When you reemerge you are in a very different position; what had once been the ground-level of a park had become the heights of one of the few remaining skyscrapers within Tokyo, a building so tall in fact that it overlooked the crumbling remains of what had once been the Uraku Aoyama hotel, and was now the sight of what seemed to be a fist-fight between Nakahara Katsuro, and a dark-haired man wearing the attire of your average everyday police officer.

The Spirit pouring forth from them both is absurd; easily more than the teacher had ever given off in his life, while the two fighters are mere specks on the ground from your current perch, the sheer force of their souls is sickeningly thick even up here amongst the storm clouds. There are no gaps in either of their stances, but the fact that it is simply a fist fight at this point also serves to declare that neither is actually going all out at this point, or at least that was what you would think...

...If each and everyone of those fists didn't look like they could reduce an ESPer or Demon to spirit particles in a but a handful of strikes.

As it is, it's difficult to tell exactly how much effort your teacher is putting forth; while the exchange of fists shake the planet, and more often than not he is the one taking them straight to his solar plexus or sides, his body language has yet to become that of his usual "worried sensei," and thus...

It doesn't seem like you have too much to fear of him losing just yet. There is a dark-haired woman standing away from the battle watching quietly, or rather, a dark-haired Goddess -perhaps the Aion his daughter had mentioned?- watching quietly, with eyes that somehow reminded you of Yoko-sensei even from all the way up here, and...

As for closer to you...

"...I suppose this form will do."

Nyarlthotep has moved from being "Saki Ryuumonbuchi," to borrowing the 'figure' of the Weather Reporter, and...

...It's somehow (and strangely) nostalgic, in a way that never quite hit you when you saw her on the television.
    Exodus (Complete)

Even if the author is silenced, the performance is stilled and the actors leave the stage, the story will never truly end.

Regardless of the form it takes, as long as there are memories of it's existence, the story will continue on.

In a small ward in the heart of a once devastated town, life carries on as it always has...

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Blog Entries
    Medrod Pendragon

"Joking huh?"

Where Red's gaze is mere ice on the back of your head after you speak, the one who goes out of her way to blatantly pounce on those words is a certain horrifying-in-special-scenarios sorceress:

"That's good. Great even, because it was a very silly thing to say. We've had this conversation already right?"

...Perhaps if you don't make eye contact with either, the demons will let you go.

It is a futile hope, and yet the only hope that remains; turning around means you have to meet the gaze of a judgemental dragon woman (?) and looking up may just realize the impossible fears of an indignant angel cracking her knuckles at you (she wouldn't do that right?) and thus-

"Come on now, it's just a joke! No need to string the guy up for having a sense of humor, right?"

-Only your fellow man in this scenario seems ready to step forward as a shield of sorts; perhaps it is simply his natural aura of older brother acting up again, but when his hand clasps you on the shoulder he is able to gently wave away the wraith of his girlfriend with a remarkable courage.

"...Hmph."

She huffs and turns away.

...The aura of 'I will get you if you keep those lines up' remains, as does Red's judging gaze.

...Best not to look at either.

"There are times and places to risk one's life, I understand the heroic urges, you can trust me on that," friendly in spite of the chill all around the both of you, Kazuya determinedly ignores it with a casual grace, "But it's not good to make a habit out of it. No one is obligated to save the world alone... People can't really do it alone actually, kinda foolish to try most of the time..."

Laughing, he stands up.

"But miracles can happen when people work together. It looks like things might come to a head soon, so we'll have your back from now on, that way no one will have to pull a heroic last stand against impossible odds. Not quite as cool as a solo win, doesn't have quite the same legend potential... But has a much higher chance of everyone walking out of it okay."

A laugh.

Just like your words, this is a sort of joke, but at the same time...

There's truth in it as well.
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Blog Entries
    Interlude
    Katsuro & Aion & Chronos
    "Shine on You III"

Under normal circumstances, his body would have long been reduced to spirit particles.

The fists that rain into his body carry enough force to easily kill both ESPers and Demons alike in but a few clean strikes, and while he had entertained the idea of possibly being superior to Chronos in this sort of battle, a primal exchange of fists between people, he had underestimated the extent to which the God of Time had become interested in humanity, an interest that had even led to it's ability of being able to fight exactly like the humans it had continued to observe over endless cycles.

To a God of it's caliber hand-to-hand combat should seem superficial at best was the sort of logic he had been going for, and yet the storm of fists continues to deny that reality with every blow that lands atop his body.

While it is inconvenient, it is also not damning; having had a long time to ponder these possibilities, this inevitable confrontation, he had been prepared even for these sorts of events.

His body bore "Eternity."

Or rather, thanks to the magic of his Demonic Sponsor, his Partner Aion, he had gained a body that would endure eternally; it was a magic he had been forced to seal away to keep up appearances before this, but having been bound to this Goddess for countless cycles, his body is an unchanging machine that should not suffer damage no matter what strikes it.

It's current status is "Eternal."

It should be unchanging, indeed, it is because of this power that he is able to so easily endure blows that would fell any other existence and yet...

He is suffering damage, however slight, even though it should be literally impossible.

While he would ordinarily blame the Devourer's existence for the absurdity that was slowly breaking down conceptual barriers with fists alone, the reality is simply that Chronos has devoured almost all of the other Gods at this point. While the teacher has released his own stores of strength, spirit power gathered over countless cycles for this purpose alone, spirit power that would have been enough for him to challenge a fully incarnate God rather than the shadows that the people of this city were used to facing, the entity called Chronos has long surpassed a fully incarnate God in strength; the absorbed power of hundreds of slain deities pouring out as a myriad of different colors.

It's still holding back, but they're being pushed back even with this; even so...

"Hahaha... Wow, Aion, what a monster!"

The teacher is smiling, because even this had been accounted for, no...

As a human, even a human bound to a Goddess, it wouldn't have been right if he had been more "powerful" than his enemy...

Yes...

Being weaker suited him just fine, and not only that-

"Yes... The difference in strength is quite a bit more drastic than we expected-!"

She laughs.

-His relationship with this Goddess was not one of paranoia or doubt.

No.

Even if they were being pushed back here, neither of them had any intention of losing to this 'Almighty God.' The situation seems bad in a myriad of ways to outsiders but it doesn't matter, for a Demon Summoner this is the ideal bond, the strength of trust and the love that had led to her staying by his side as a fellow 'teacher' as well as as his demon... Yeah, the feeling of having her at his back...

"What's wrong? You came here to beat me right? Is this the best you two can do...?"

There's no way they'll lose-!

"Tch-!

A defiant fist of blue arcs past the streaking red; thrown will all the knowledge of the God's sequences he had gained up until now, the crashing fist threatens to land with all the force of a meteor strike over the God's heart.

The ESP of Nakahara Katsuro was that of "Redirection."

There were a number of tricks and flaws in it, the most simple of which being that he had to make contact with what he wished to redirect, but by that same token that was all he had to do.

Touch it.

Different from the strikes of his students, the damage that comes from Nakahara Katsuro bears the concept of eternity. Wounds that he deals will not heal so long as he lives, and thus the feeling of actually being in danger when facing him is one that the God acknowledges; there is a possibility that that "Eternity" could extend to his own death, and thus, while he doubts the man has enough firepower to erase his body completely, he still maintains a thick barrier of spiritual power during times of impact in order to protect himself from unnecessary damage.

Thrusting his fist into that barrier, the reality of the situation manifests itself as no damage reaches the target; it takes the teacher too long to redirect the barrier into becoming something meaningless. As a result, the pointless strike is responded to with a fist that the teacher barely avoids, shattering fate in the process, and yet even as he retreats...

"Aion-!"

A storm of twisting crimson reaches that God's eyes as it's form explodes.

"What...?"

While a God is surprised... To the teacher it is only natural.

Redirecting the barriers that reached his fist was perfectly possible, it had even been expected for the teacher to somehow overcome impossibility and tunnel through time itself, but-

-What hadn't been expected.

-Was the sudden series of strikes that had only now revealed themselves as never having stopped in the first place. Yes, every punch the teacher had thrown had been unending in a different sense, while their physical presence had seemingly vanished, their effects had reoccurred at a constant interval so long as he maintained power towards that magic, but rather than give this away right from the start and use it as a form of pressure...

Aion had simply slowed down those effects to a point of 'near stop.'

The single punch the God could see had been the distraction, the hundreds that had 'caught up' now that Aion had let them go along time's natural flow...

Had been the real strike.

'Redirecting' the magic that made up the barrier had merely made it possible for the 'forgotten' strikes to break through-!

---Even so.

"...Interesting."

It is not nearly enough to erase it's existence, and they both know it, as an exchange between two friends, it was more of a "quit underestimating me," than anything else, and the second barrier that the God forms is one designed specifically to repel the unending assault. While he could crush it's existence in time now that he knows about it, he knows that the teacher is not foolish enough to expect something to work twice, even so...

...Nakahara Katsuro does not do meaningless things.

Even so, the God enjoys that knowledge; the long forgotten duel, the clash that would have ended things in the original world and-

"I suppose I'm in no hurry either, Katsuro. When you wish to get serious, I will crush that effort of yours completely."

-Completely ignores the many spectators that have appeared to judge the battle.

Interference on their part will be dealt with as it deems necessary.

Interlude Out
    Last edited by Airen; April 18th, 2018 at 03:23 AM.
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Blog Entries
    Medrod Pendragon

"Yeah... you're right."

While the situation had (maybe?) been defused by Kazuya when it came to Yuka, Medrod still had a small hope that he wouldn't have to ride on the back of Red any more this day. He could imagine that it might be a hell of a more bumpy ride if that happened, considering the pure ice he had seen in her glare. Making a third mental note of the day -that of buying five Mega Beef Bowls for the dragon once this was over- Medrod tried his best to ignore that chill on the back of his head. He could only hope that his plan might placate her... whenever he'd get the chance to implement it. Hopefully soon. Hopefully very soon.

"It doesn't matter if it's cool or not," Medrod continued, looking at Kazuya. "It can be ugly for all I care. What's important is that everyone stays alive. I'm... I'm tired of watching people die. I've seen it all my life. So this time, I want things to be different. That's why I'll do my best to stay alive. If I'm alive, I can protect others. If I'm dead, I can't. What keeps me alive are those others, so..."

He gave the older boy a firm nod, before clasping his shoulder and squeezing it. For one who had never been much for physical contact, this was... a new way of approach to be sure. One that he was a bit awkward on, but nevertheless, followed through with it.

"I'll be counting on you all."

Then, not wanting to drop that feeling that was growing in his chest, that warmth of knowing he could trust his back to others, Medrod turned around and walked to a more elevated spot in the rubble to get a better view of the city. He let his eye scan the horizon, trying to determine a place where the situation was most dire, where help would be needed the most. At the same time, he tested his healed right arm once more, drawing newly-christened Chrysaor from its sheath and giving it a few good swings. The hum of electricity reminded him that even there, he had one more ally he could trust.

Truly, his lonely path had come to a definite end.

"Any suggestions?" Medrod asked as he turned to look back at others. "We need to move quickly and decisive, find those who are in most immediate danger. We're here to save lives after all, not fight."

Then, just for a fraction of a second, his eye glanced at Kazuya's sword, Yuka's hands and Red herself. They must've been taxed by all this combat, just like him. Especially the dragon. Taking her true form must have consumed a lot of energy. In other words, if they wanted to make sure everybody survived this...

"We also need to know our resources. Otherwise we lose more than we save."

Blog Entries
    Medrod Pendragon

...There was a black moon forming above the Golden Cage of light in the city's center.

While there were a number of other explosions rocking Tokyo in other sections of the city, the sheer mass of this sudden magical sphere is something that serves as the most blatant source of danger to Aoyama.

It exists to fall.

A collective gasp certainly runs through the crowd as they see it and understand what it is, and indeed, as the black orb descends to crash against the Golden Cage it becomes clear that this is some sort of attempt at wiping the entire city out at once; and while the Golden Cage of light certainly puts up an obvious form of resistance, it was easy to see even from here...

That it will break through and strike the earth eventually. It's consistency is the same as that black mud, and with the sound of the Kyuubi screeching into the crimson sky in the background, it is a call to action for all those that have manifested enough bravery to fight back against the darkness and shadows.

Not just the ESPers, but the weaker humans too.

Indeed... Rather than running away from it.

The crowd runs towards it, accompanied by the silver-giant birthed from not just their own thoughts, but the thoughts of all those watching around the world.

"...Looks like that's the most immediate danger."

For Kazuya, who had been somewhat joking around until now, he quite clearly does not find the existence of that magic funny in any form; it's almost bizarre, to see the usual smile fade to a far more serious line, and-

"They won't admit to it, but they've used up quite a bit of stamina."

-His gaze also proves capable of piercing through to the things others are trying to hide.

"Battle-worthy certainly, but the one who's used up the least of their strength so far is me, so I'll head to the front lines. The other three can hang back and recover a bit, even if only on the way there, this guy and I can handle the brunt of things for now."

"...Kazuya."

A warning.

"Don't worry Yuka, it's fine, I'm willing to do it."

Again he shakes it off.

While your sword is that of lightning, lightning that almost seems ready to tear itself from the blade as a wave of force if you swing it too hard, the sword Kazuya draws is one that doesn't seem to bear any visible metallic component at all; it is a blade of fire that seems to shimmer in the air as a heat haze, afterimages follows it's path, and while the flames are strangely controlled, the heat emanating from it is vaguely uncomfortable even to you.

"...I call it Uriel."

It's oddly specific, but he notices the vague interest.

"Haven't used it in years... But this scenario is a bit special; so it can't be helped."
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Blog Entries
    Saki Ryuumonbuchi

“Geh, your sense of humor is a bit too advanced for the likes of me, Nyarla… no, Nyarl will do.”

Not hiding her lack of appreciation for the Crawling Chaos’ new form, Saki’s focus still lingers momentarily on the figure, now matching that of the Weather Reporter. An odd sensation of... recognition, washed over the girl. Even though she had seen the older woman on television before, even though she had heard her voice over the radio, she felt a little more familiar than ‘a face she knew of.’

The soul remembering something?

It seemed possible. This cycle had run and run and run more than enough. If not her own, perhaps the other souls now awake within her had known the Reporter in a previous loop. In that case, maybe they had fought against each other before. Maybe they had met on amicable terms. Maybe they had even fought together…

Not wanting to be caught staring at the Haunter of the Dark, Saki turned her gaze downward.

“So that one’s Chronos?”

It wasn’t a question that needed answering. It was, truthfully, an observation. Her first thought seeing the battle below. No more.

Her second thought was shock. That the man she recognized below to be her teacher possessed as much power as what she was witnessing.

Her third thought, however, was simple and absolute.

He’s strong. Insanely strong.

“Well, Belial.” Standing at the edge of the roof, the girl spoke to her Demon. “We’ve finally found your quarry. How shall we proceed?”

The fires in the teenager continued to stir. Even if only for a little longer, the Eclipse would last. If only for a short bout Saki could fight once more.

Not only that, but somewhere nearby, she sensed the presence of her teacher’s daughter. Perhaps the older woman was simply waiting for an opportunity, or even waiting for the arrival of allies. Whatever the case, she hadn’t moved yet.

“Your poisoned dagger is close.”

Saki stretched her hand out, an arc of black fire coalescing into her hands. The weightless flame became heavy as the scythe fell into her open palm. Slim fingers wrapped tightly around the weapon, cold but searing hot to the touch.

"It would be rude of us to interrupt an earnest fight between two men, but..."

​You don't care about things like that, do you?

Blog Entries
    Makoto Fujioka
    The Curse

It is insanity, to knowingly plunge oneself into the curse.

There is no way that you do not know what it is; it is a substance that humans recognize on sight and instinctively try to reject, a mass of built up negativity that will ultimately try to destroy anything that it is able to get it's hands on, swallowing it all up into the sea of pitch-black curses.

Even so...

You allow yourself to fall into it; while humans try to reject it, perhaps it is because you are used to similar urges that the idea of immersing yourself in it doesn't seem quite so terrible a prospect. As an Eclipse User you bear a certain innate resistance to the curse true, but to hope that one's Eclipse powers alone would be enough to sustain them in the face of that "pitch black sea" is nothing but foolishness.

The difference in human "will" is too much; directly trying to assert your will over the sea is not truly possible, and even if it was, if by some miracle you managed to do so, that would merely light the fuse towards humanity's ultimate rebellion...

Humans cannot help but rebel; the idea of freedom drives them onward when it is stripped from them.

Perhaps that same fact... Is why thus curse is among the greatest ironies present within the confines of this breaking world.

Even so...

Accepting it full force...

Seems to bear an interesting effect; throwing yourself into it, filled with memories of hatred for the God that had sent you down here in the first place, the curse that naturally absorbs such things cannot help but sympathize with that raw rage. It is difficult for that lake of twisted memories and souls to truly comprehend what's going on around it, but the hate they absorb from you lights a fire against that same being all the same...

Because it's his fault.

That's right, the fact that this sick puppet show of a world of suffering kept continuing...

Was the fault of that God.

Refusing to even allow them to disappear in piece, the twisted crimson flow of words lights up amidst the pitch-black as a single piercing scream lights up the night.

They had forgotten.

To end this world, this God too must fall, or it is all for naught.

While something of Makoto Fujioka persists amidst this collective realization, it is hard to say that it is one-hundred percent that youth anymore even if his body is used as the base; his own Eclipse Powers as well as a teacher's protection had blunted the worst of the curse (or perhaps it would simply be a waste to break such a willing vessel so soon) and thus, screaming aloud in his own head as his goals spark the goals of the mud and align with them, it is
    An Avatar
    Makoto
    that emerges from the mud as a "Child of Kyuubi" rather than "an ESPer."

Something malevolent.

Drenched in mud and black flames that simply seek to consume everything, if it wasn't for the fact that many had seen him fall into the mud itself, it would have been difficult to put two and two together and realize that the creature that emerges is merely the youth transformed, but there it is-!

An "observational weapon" powered by humans souls that exists merely to 'cut' down what stands before it.

Even the struggling warrior stop to regard it, one with a stoic concern, and the other with something closer to disgust.

One feels warm, the other is the one that must disappear.

Was this the right path?

While some can scoff... None can truly say.

Just as they can't say who's really controlling that form.

---

Saki Ryuumonbuchi

'Of course not.'

The scythe speaks the same as the Demon Prince itself, for in the end, they are the same being in different shapes. Where the demon had resisted most forms of your control up till now purely for the sake of it, the feeling of literally holding it within your hands is fittingly bizarre; it does not try to break away from you, nor does it comment on being summoned like this, no...

Perhaps this power had been revealed to you purely because it had intended to use it all along on the God down below.

It had never confirmed this, but Belial's motivations...

Rather that to protect the world, it seemed it merely wanted to save the 'other demons' from whatever had been causing them to disappear. Whether this was it's duty as a prince or simply some innate sense of right and wrong was impossible to say, it could even be mere distaste for what it perceived to be slavery, but regardless...

'If one cannot directly crush their opponent, then slip your knife in their back, honor is merely an excuse to be killed for no reason. If others wish to bear that handicap, then that is their own mistake.'

In other words, it simply did what it had to do to win.

Winning was the most important thing, it was an obvious demonic way of looking at things, and-

'One poisoned dagger has been placed nearby... Now that I can sense her, I believe that teacher of yours has handed you the other. The watch bears the same sort of energy as that girl... An enchantment, if you will, to cripple this particular enemy.'

As for the teacher himself... He appears to be stalling out the fight as if waiting for something.

For what reason you do not know; if he had handed you a weapon capable of doing severe damage to this God, he must have expected you to come chasing along after him in the end, or had at least considered the possibility of it, and since he didn't seem to be using those weapons himself in spite of possessing them...

This is some sort of mind game.

Nakahara Katsuro does not do pointless things.

If you had to make a guess it would be playing on the God's arrogance in some fashion, that was always a favorite of the teachers over at Aoyama Gakuen, and...

'And cripple it we must. Going against it full force as it is now is pointless, it has devoured too many; if we wish to get anywhere, we must remove that source of power. To do so... We need a clean strike. These circumstances aren't ideal for me... But there is no use complaining about reality, striking at it regardless is the only way to change it.'

In other words.

The demon is saying to use it to strike Chronos, and it will do the rest.

Use whatever you must to stack the odds in your favor, burn through all your stores of power if you must; there is likely to be only a single moment of surprise with the power Katsuro had left you; you did not know how it would manifest -perhaps it would simply cleave through whatever barriers the god created as if it didn't exist- but it wasn't likely to fall for the same trick twice...

So you have to cripple it the first time.

A monster crawls out from the lake to face the two fighters.

Both stop to regard it, although neither seems to be particularly worried about it in a fatal sense.

Nyarlthotep slinks away with a laugh, it's continued act of being a snake seemingly causing it to seek out a shadow to strike from and Kayo...

'I'll move when you do.'

Makes her voice known not through text or audible words...

...But inside of your head.
    Last edited by Airen; April 18th, 2018 at 02:22 PM.
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Blog Entries
    Medrod Pendragon

"...I call it Uriel. Haven't used it in years... But this scenario is a bit special; so it can't be helped."
    "Uriel..."

It was a name vaguely familiar to Medrod. One of the four archangels. While it does not immediately dawn upon why that name, it rings a certain bell about a story of an angel with a flaming sword, guarding the entrance of Eden. Perhaps the connection lies there? In a sense, it's oddly fitting. After all, Aoyama was their Eden. By no means perfect, but the place they called home. And Kazuya, just like Medrod, seemed to be willing to put his body on the line if it was necessary; for this place, for this city, for this home. No, not just Kazuya. Each and every person of the Soba Shop Crew was ready to do whatever it took.

Whatever it took.

But in this case, it's a Catch-22. Aoyama is not a place, it's the people.

Therefore, if one were to sacrifice themselves for the sake of Aoyama, they'd also be losing a piece of it anyways.

... And like hell was Medrod gonna let that happen, especially after being told something similar by all these people.

"Don't worry, Yuka," Medrod said, his back turned to her. "This guy won't let me do anything stupid, just like the rest of you. As if I'd let him do something I'm not allowed."

Hiding his face from everyone, even Kazuya, it was hard to determine what sort of expression he was wearing.

"That goes for each and every one of you. I promised to return to that shop and meet with you all again. I can't fulfill that promise if you're not there."

Medrod didn't know when he would meet his end. It might be tomorrow, it might be next week, it might be years from now. What he did know was that before that time came, he would once more walk through the door of that soba restaurant, returning to the place that held a special meaning to him. A home much more than his dark, barren, empty room had ever been. And it was these people that made that place so special. Therefore, for the... family... that he had found again in his darkest moment, he would perform miracle after miracle, impossibility after impossibility, if it meant seeing them again.

"Ain't nobody gonna die tonight. Not on my watch."

The Singularity of Willpower roared. It's reflection, the red energy, magatsuhi, answered. Together they weaved a beautiful and dangerous tapestry once again to his right arm, reinforcing it and enveloping back to that familiar form. Lightning roared in his blade, Chrysaor singing that it was ready to cut apart the darkness once more. His blue eye fixated on the black moon sinking in the sky. He would not let it get any closer. Whatever Kyuubi, screaming that scream from eight years ago, would throw at them, he would return it hundredfold. He would not falter, nor would he give in. Even if End of Reality came to pass, he would push it back with all he had and win. He didn't know if he could. He knew that he would. He gave himself no other option.

Why?

The answer was simple, in the end.

He was sick of seeing this destruction.

He was sick of hearing the pain and anguish of others.

"I'm sick of seeing people die."

Grinding his teeth together with that sentence, Medrod started forward, towards the black moon.

Blog Entries
    Saki Ryuumonbuchi

After fighting with Amatsu-Mikaboshi, it’s not hard to understand Belial’s motives. Further, it’s easy to sympathize. The August Star had manipulated the suffering of humanity in its entirety, bending all of Saki’s kind to his will in an act no different than slavery. The relationship between Chronos and those it devoured over the repetitions of tragedy is similar, if subtly different.

But it’s enough for her to feel that she ‘wants to help.’

The future she wants is a ‘world for all.’ Those that the Devourer, that Chronos, has consumed are part of that ‘all.’ The God called Chronos stands between her and the future she yearns for in more ways than one.

Saki glanced at the scythe; Belial, the Masterless.

It was odd. Since when did she let the memory of her first encounter with the Demon slip from her memory? She had made a promise to keep it fresh in her mind, a scar upon her soul, yet looking upon the form of the Demon, the thought almost refused to surface. At some point, the feeling for the condescending Tyrant had changed from bitter tolerance to a comfortable trust.

But perhaps that was always necessary, to get this far, and to go even further.

'We’re in agreeal then. It’s the height of folly to discard the gifts one has for the sake of ‘honor.’ Even if that gift is a poisoned dagger, or an opportunity to strike from the shadows.'

Wrapping the pocketwatch’s chain around the length of the scythe’s shaft, the girl turned her eyes downward. As the voice of Kayo entered her mind, and as the Crawling Chaos sunk into the shadows, Saki watched the monster crawl out of the lake.

“…”

Eyes narrow scrutinously. The ‘thing’ emerging from the mud-like lake is something grotesque beyond words. As an Eclipse user, Saki is one who treads the dangerous line of harnessing, relying on, and sympathizing with negative emotions of the humans throughout the soul sea. Because of that, even from this distance, she can judge the ‘thing.’ Although her method is different, the base of that mud curse that it has embraced is similar to her own Jigokumachi.

As well as her Haitei.

The sight of it is a prelude of what may befall even her. The extremes to which negative emotions, and entrusting yourself to them, submerging yourself in them, can change a human.

Because she can tell. Whatever the ‘thing,’ the monster crawling out of the lake could be called in the moment, it was and still is on some level also ‘human.’ An ESPer. One of her kin.

“Giving yourself up to it. Fool…" In a low voice, the girl chides the monster. "At the least, I’ll give meaning to your fall.”

Spirit energy condenses into the girl’s free hand, turning red as it begins to billow. Three fireballs take shape, violently convulsing against each other. Reaching the zenith of their power, the three flames burst from her palm, flying to the earth as crimson lightning bolts.

Crashing down from different angles, three ‘Saki Ryuumonbuchi’ collapse upon the God of Time, each brandishing a burning scythe. One comes from behind to strike the neck. Another for the chest from the front. The last from below.

From each ‘Saki,’ a ring-like field emerges. Expanding to envelop the entire area around the remains of the destroyed hotel, a triple layered Bounded Field swallows everything around the Remnant trio.

Lethargy Circle.

A haunting, cracking voice, like fire embers smoldering in the dark, announces the name of the spell. Echoing three times, the Lethargy Circles overlap on top of each other, tripling the spell’s effectiveness.

At the same time.

The true Saki takes a step forward, plunging from the height of the skyscraper.

Crashing to the earth from above like a meteor, wreathed in fire, scythe arcing behind her, leaving a trail of black flame, her lips move.

"Jigoku-"

Blog Entries
    Mikagura Mika
    Time: Meaningless
    Dark Embrace -Great Seal-

Knock it off balance?

Is she crazy? I’ve tossed away every trump card I have in order to deal with the opponent in front of me. Brute force has never been my forte, and asking me to perform some act like that in such an emergency has to be nigh impossible. It’s taking everything I have to just hold off my doppelganger right now, and even then, it’s not enough. I need to rely on Genbu’s help.

Thus, I suppose, it’s up to both of us to achieve such a task. And of course, there’s Beacon. While I’ve grown increasingly reliant on Beacon’s blade form to dispose of our enemies, which are often divine, the fact of the matter is that my polar opposite is anything but that, Nyarlathotep’s influence notwithstanding. And considering the area we’re in…

Beacon seamlessly switches to a gun in my hands.

“Genbu, freeze everything, no questions!”

My voice rings out in the darkness. This isn’t to stop Nyarlathotep. Rather, to make a big distraction, I have to rely on excessive firepower—every offensive option I have. Ice slowing down my foe is just enough to by me time.

I pull the trigger aimlessly and recklessly, without regard. While before I was somewhat limited as to the amount of orbs I could create with Beacon, there’s no other time to create a cycle of drawing in the spirits of the Kyuubi and detonating them. Rather, even if it’s a bit beyond the specs of the gun or myself, I have to force it.

All at once the darkness of the Kyuubi is radiant with brilliant light that pulls them in with no mercy, and all there left is the final trigger pull.

To detonate.

If this isn’t a distraction, I don’t know what is.

Blog Entries
    Interlude
    Liane & Sora & Mika & Medrod
    'Promise II'

Her body was being battered, but even so, she refused to send her friends back to hell.

Having fought through the majority of her hesitation, Koizumi Sora continues to fight without a means of achieving the goal she has suddenly found for herself; she has no means of breaking the curse over her friends, even if the spiritual network she has been linked to has informed her of the "Starlight" the other groups have begun to wield over the course of their battles in order to free others from the grip of the curse, that sort of power was seemingly only possible for groups of Persona users, or ESPers, to manifest through use of Eclipse.

In spite of bearing direct power that is arguably greater than one, she is still no such thing; as a result, that particular method of breaking the chains on her former comrades is sealed off to her.

For that reason, she can only swing her blade for the purposes of delay.

The power these versions of her old comrades hold has been confirmed to be beyond that of their original selves; while fighting skill was similar, the amount of spiritual power they held was absurd; it was akin to use of a Bane Stone, an infinite fountain from which crimson force poured out endlessly.

In comparison, she is running off a simple tank of power, and the rest of her allies have begun to fall and be captured by the darkness at a rapid pace. Even if the tank is the size of an ocean, infinity will still outlast something that holds an end, however, the amount they can output at once remains similar, and so she is able to keep up with the worst of their strikes.

Individually they would have never been able to overcome her when she's fighting seriously, even with that boost to strength, but working together, the sheer synchronization of the strikes has created a situation in which she is almost never allowed to strike back; where Miwa comes at her with blades in hand, Aya descends with lances and spears; space itself collapses from the machinations of an alchemist, and her whole self is forced onto the defensive as a deluge of blows rains down upon her.

Even so she endures; holding back enough to avoid killing them, she plays entirely on the defensive and does not even consider attacking unless it is necessary to maintain the integrity of her body; there is no use towards wasting stamina, waiting to endure until a miracle appears, the woman certainly stalls for time and-

-Eventually, the ally that she had known would stand back up, makes her presence known with an explosion of spiritual force.

---For Liane Cross, this night has been a hell of a marathon; from start to finish she has been taking attacks that would scatter others head on and come out swinging, but this time around, it was only through a transfer of life force from Kagura to herself that she was able to force her body to get back up on it's feet.

---She had not asked for such a thing, and the collapsed form of her old underclassmen atop her body had raised a number of warning flags, but in the end she had understood the nature of the situation when that girl had smiled through fatigue before being forced to fall back as a titan of shadow separated them from each other.

The war against darkness continued; and she needed to help everyone.

The sight of resurrected allies does not surprise her; from the start she had been amongst the first to see the reborn Aya active in the city, and thus the possibility that both Miwa and Yuuki had been brought back through similarly mysterious means is something she can accept at a glance, and...

---It is cruel.

---This entire scenario is meant to be cruel; the network of souls informs her of the situation, of the 'true enemy' that has appeared, and from their description, her own investigations of the past through her psychometry, and her instincts, she can tell that it is absolutely meant to be a cruel scenario.

"Liane, stop us, please-!"

An assault on their psyches.

"I was waiting for you Cross. Now that you're back on your feet, we can really get this reunion going, right?"

The moment she awakens, a change comes over Tsukino Aya as the Faceless God uses her as it's mouthpiece; the tone becomes cold and gender-less, and the flashes of insight she continues to gain over the network of souls identify it as a case of possession long before her experience with the subject does.

"Let them go."

But that experience promotes understanding; coming to same conclusion as Sora, she realizes the moment she sees it that doing as her friends ask and striking them down to save the world will only result in them sharing the Kyuubi's fate and falling back into hell.

...That was the point.

Eight years ago this same scenario had happened, and-

"No no, we're going to participate in a bit of an experiment, and I need them for it."

-It was, amongst many other things.

...A source of darkness for the two of them.

"I'm sure you understand what I mean, correct? Stalling like Sora will not solve anything, so I will put a time limit on it. Destroy these three within the next two minutes and the curse will recede -I will let the others go-, run out of time or refuse, and I will destroy the both of you, and then everyone else here, with all of my power."

---The dilemma that had appeared at the end of the last war, the necessity to kill a friend to ensure that the world is saved; as a group that had sworn to get through everything without losing any amongst their number, it is a reminder of hypocrisy and failure, a mark that they had failed not just at the end, but from the very beginning of their journey.

To represent their failure, and to put a physical sign on their time limit, the three who have been taken over by Nyarlthotep begin to cast a magic in sync that they cannot cast of their own accord; one that would be obvious to any spell-caster with knowledge of the demonic system.

Armageddon.

Their time is up when the energy necessary for that spell is gathered; a spell of sure-kill on a wide radius, it brings only Death to those near it, and depending on the caster could have consequences ranging from a power capable of nuking a city to outright destroying the world.

Instinctive use of her ESP "Chain of Memory," does not reveal the answer to which it will be; while she feels like this scenario must have happened before at least to her, the many repetitions are full of information that is irrelevant in this moment, and even with the help of her Eclipse Spirits it is difficult to judge exactly how powerful Nyarlthotep is... What is obvious however, revealed by both intuition and the sense of deja bu...

Is that it's poking fun at them.

Giving them an option where it will legitimately stop the spread of the curse if they agree to sacrifice some of their own; as if saying that this was what they should have done eight years ago.

---It would be a lie to say there was no regret about the outcome.

The refusal to use the Kyuubi had led to a lot of lost life, while the use of the Kyuubi right from the beginning might have diverted the damage the demons would have caused it could have also been worse off in the end, but not knowing...

Not knowing was what made it haunting.

Was what made it a question of 'did we make a mistake?'

The point was to save everyone. There shouldn't be something wrong with that sort of dream, and yet it had seemingly led to so much more pain that what a single sacrifice would have done, even if that sacrifice would have been the girl she loved; by that same token however...

Even thinking that felt disgusting.

"...It's alright."

Speaking up for the first time, allowed to do so purely because a god believes it will torment them more, Mikagura Yuuki again states what the others are thinking.

"Put an end to it. Save the others."

Just like back then, the sacrifices were even alright with the idea; accepting of the fact that they must fall in order to protect their friends. It is arguably the more mature outlook; an acceptance of reality, a noble self-sacrificing nature that shone through even in their selves possessed by the curse, but...

Quote Originally Posted by Suzume
    "Just thinking of hypotheticals. Of what you could have done, huh? With no reality to compare it to all that you see when looking back on a mistake is the utopia that could have been. Where nothing bad happened. After all it was just like a simple forking of paths, right? Just one thing you had to do differently and everything would have turned out for the better. But...reality isn't like that."
    ---It's wrong.

---She has had eight years to think of the mistake that was ultimately made, a sacrifice for the 'greater good' and all she can think of is that the idea of sacrificing others is a mistake, even if for a noble purpose.

It is not right to sacrifice anyone.

It is a childish ideal to believe so, but it is one that she clings to in spite of everything; things had not gone as they should back then, she had failed in a number of ways, people had died and despair had come to replace hope, but...

---Even still, she does not want to sacrifice anyone.

The Faceless God has created this scenario for this purpose, for her to examine herself and come to the realization that she should take the easier path of sacrifice, that trying to save everything was a mistake.

Pure Greed.

And yet it is Greed she can't help but pursue.

Just because she failed back then, does not mean she will automatically fail to save everyone now; the whole point of training all those years was to ensure that such a thing would never happen again, to learn from her mistakes and use them to protect the future.

For that reason...

Even the idea of purposefully falling here in an attempt to prompt the reset of the world, to be able to go back one more time and try to undo her mistakes is a thought she can shake off after but a moment.

While she is aware of the repeating nature of this timeline, even that subtle suggestion is one that she can't help but reject, because...

She had sworn to accept what was still here; she would not be able to revive her friends, their appearance here was a spectral miracle, but she also refused to resign them to the karmic cycle of the Kyuubi; they did not deserve that pitch-black hell, the warmth of the Soul Sea should have been what awaited them, and thus, even though many would think the deaths of a few to save the many is alright, that woman, no, those women...

"Screw off, Faceless God. I don't care how much stronger you think you are! I promised to protect my friends, to protect Aya... I might have failed all those years ago, but I'm not throwing away anyone's souls that easily-!"

Reject it outright.

But that's not all they reject.

Just because a God only offers you two choices, that doesn't mean you're limited to simply those two; the feeling of being boxed in lights a spark of rebellion in humanity, and the silver-flames of those that would reject fate immediately light up the body of Liane Cross.

Passed from group to group on this night, a silver fire that continues to increase in strength as people call upon it, the torrent of wishes and hope lights up the crimson night as she begins to pour it into her fist.

'Magic Gunner.'

Because she is on a time limit, or rather, because it is the nature of this fire itself that will set the others free, she focuses merely on the flow of Reiki throughout her body; the title of "Golden Witch," as much as many might think, is not one that she does not deserve. She is capable of multiple systems of magic, not just the human systems that relied on self-hypnosis, but the demonic system of magic as well due to a bond with her sister that she herself has yet to discover the true nature of; so she understands right off of the bat that she will not be able to overpower Armageddon with just any average spell, no, she might be able to block it with "Will's Cage," but-

Seemingly skipping dealing with that incoming threat at all, the mass of energy she is focusing into her right arm is seemingly being gathered for the purposes of setting her friends free before they can finish the spell; the Kyuubi is not something that will consciously chain others, so the guilty party must be the more intelligent manifestation of humanity's sins. If they are able to disrupt that control, than the three will be able to stop of their own accord, yet-

"Hahaha, too late-! Throwing everyone's lives away for friendship and love?! It seems you haven't learned anything!"

Because that shadow holds her own darkness as well; the sight of her other self standing protectively before the enemy is one that does not surprise her.

As if to mock hope, the idea of following a path that defied the choices they had been presented with, humanity's shadow protects the source of the end with the ironic power of one of it's heroes.

A shield whose strength is dependent on the willpower of those making it up. With enough will behind it is unbreakable; different from the power to 'stand up no matter what' which she could emulate with her own natural abilities to an extent, it is a representation of her desire to shield those important to her from harm, a crystallized wish given form through a shared hope-!

Now something that she herself must surpass, or die along with everyone else for trying, no, not just that-!

==Armageddon==

Mocking the idea they the shield was even necessary from the start, the God accelerates on his casting of the spell through possessed souls, laughing at the girl who thought she could out-speed him, and a flash of crimson light promises the end of everything within Aoyama-!

Death.

That spell is death, surpassing subatomic destruction; the crimson light pours forth to keep the Dark God's promise.

To kill them, and then everyone after them; punishment for the sin of trying to protect everything even after understanding that it is impossible.

It consumes them both, or rather...

That is what should have happened, instead-

"Sora-!"

==Armageddon
    Reversal
    R!!
    ==

A forbidden spell counters a forbidden spell.

It is a spell with only a single purpose, developed as a counter to a spell that could only destroy, one that only the Kuzunoha have ever mastered; it is not a true counter, but rather, a means of taking the force generated by the opponent and directing it into another direction, normally back into the caster and killing them with their own call to destruction, however, as the whole point behind this is to spare their friends from the pain of returning to hell with the kyuubi, the only thing Sora can do is desperately divert it towards space. Taking supreme focus as well as greater spiritual power than that of your opponent if you wish to succeed, while the existence called Kuzunoha Geirin/Koizumi Sora has the first in spades...

She will run out of strength long before her opponent does; her body is not adjusted to the network like that of the ESPers, and continuing to use it at full force will mean her self-destruction, for that reason, while the manifestation of collective unconsciousness is surprised-

"No matter what you try, it's useless, Sora!"

-It is not worried.

Even if they delay it for a handful of seconds, in the end, that spell will claim them and everyone else as well; yet-

-In hopeless defiance of that, a silver light bursts forth from within the clashing energies.

In the end, her Spirit Armament was a simple magi-cannon with the power of "Amplification," loading Spiritual Energy into it and pulling the trigger, the silver-fire to which humanity has given birth becomes a stream of positive plasma, a brute-force magical strike of many wills that emerges to crash against the stolen wall of hope-!

However, Will's Cage is a shield designed specifically to defend against those sorts of strikes; enabling attacks to emerge from behind it while serving as an absolute shield to those same people, the brute force nature of her spiritual armament finally proves to be her downfall; no, even if Hakkero had been a traditional trick weapon, something that could perhaps rend space or hop dimensions to reach it's opponent, Will's Cage -while powered by that darkness- would have continued to be an effective barrier.

Yes.

While the crash of silver-fire might crack the golden wall of distorted hope, that is all it would do, that is all it could have ever possibly done from the start; even though it refuses to give up and continues to pound on the barrier, it will fade away the moment Liane dies, and with Sora unable to block Armageddon completely, that is only a matter of a few seconds now.

---But she had known that.

---After all, it was her own power; if Nyarlthotep would use the reverse side of her heart against her, then it was only natural for the original to know all the weak-points that could exist.

For this, it was two simple things; namely...

That it can only be manifest as a barrier in one distinct place.

Having placed it where it is; the Faceless God has committed itself towards defending from this angle.

And the other...

"It's over, humans!"

---The Faceless God keeps laughing as the resolve they show in the blast betrays absolutely no desperation; overjoyed that they would cling to a meaningless hope even though their own death is staring them right in the face. However, it also refuses to even consider the possibility of it's own loss, which is why it takes it a heartbeat too long to understand something strange about the strike, namely-

---Hadn't she been gathering power into her fist?

Magic Gunner was a style that used one's body as a gun through which to fire out magic in a manner similar to plasma blasts, or the exhaust of jet engines; in comparison to Hakkero it was weaker simply because it lacked Hakkero's power of amplification, and as a result Liane had come to rely more on it than on her basic abilities as a magus, her old-style of fighting, and yet-

She had certainly been gathering magic into her fist.

She had allowed Sora to block Armageddon in her place, and even now wasn't using her own variation of Will's Cage in an attempt to defend her and her allies from death...?

She doesn't because she can't, but the reason she can't is because of another flaw of Will's Cage.

The User must focus on that barrier to the exclusion of most others things; while she could fight with her fists or a weapon while using it, her spiritual power must flow a certain way to maintain the barrier, and thus something like Magic Gunner was impossible; Hakkero could manage it's own flow of Spirit Power in her place, indeed, because it is sentient it could link itself to the network of souls and fire that silver flame on it's own...

With that support, she should be able to use Will's Cage.

However, she continues not to do so, and the reason why-

"THE ONE WHO'S FINISHED IS YOU, NYARLTHOTEP!"

"?!"

-Is because a second strike of that silver fire exists.

With Hakkero forcing the enemy barrier to remain where it is or risk being struck by it, a second strike has been fired in a different manner in the same moment.

There is no way to directly overpower Will's Cage, at least not without having more souls on her side, but-

There were certain things that barrier did not stop.

Namely, the bonds formed by Nami's Chain of Hearts.

Those supernatural links, made manifest through the Sea of Souls, are unbreakable in a way that that barrier is not designed to defy; or rather...

It is not capable of interfering with the flow of the Sea of Souls.

While all physical means of reaching her opponent are lost, she possesses a tie to two of the people on the other side of that barrier, because of that...

If the attack is fired through the Soul Sea itself with the power of Eclipse, following the line of those bonds, there is a destination on the other side of the barrier that it can reach-!

Of course even if a physical variation of it exists, the distance inside the Soul Sea is close to infinite; both space and time within it are distorted; even a magical strike that was loaded to the max with energy would still lose it's power and dissipate long before reaching the other side of it, even if it knew which way it must go in order to reemerge and strike it's target, however-

---It's helped along by many people.

Souls watching a distant battle, the living observing it all around the world, the wishes and hopes, the desire to see this cruel god struck down where it stands rather than continue to torture others...

Every wish drives it forward just a little bit more.

Hands grab it and pull it across eternity.

And in a flash-!

Finds it's way to impossibility.

---

Warmth fills you as the sphere detonate.

It's a blow that surpasses weapon specs, a storm of light and ice that consumes the interior of this closed off space and threatens to tear everyone inside of it to shreds. There's no time for particularly accurate aiming, no, from the start, fighting your own self was best done with attacks that consumed an area of space; attacking points would just have her dancing past them, and yet-

--More than anyone else, you know that she would survive this; it was your own tenacity being reflected back at you after all, even so, she was a shade, a shadow, and the manner in which the light yanks her into it's own self is akin to that of a black hole.

---In that moment, when Beacon is occupied.

A silver fire lights up in you.

It's a warning of a mass of energy coming your way from outside, a 'bullet' of sorts that had been prepared by someone else and passed along to you for the sake of guiding it into your opponent.

---Because it has taken manual control over your shadow, it must be a 'link' to Nyarlthotep, following that logic...

Attacking it would disrupt the Dark God as well, even so...

---You are not able to channel it into Beacon; for a moment the weapon overheats as it's power is drained close to zero to put up with the burst nature of your final plan, and a hand bursts forth from the sphere of light as the clone does the impossible and grips your wrist as if to drag you inside of that detonation of magic alongside itself.

---It's primal, and it's not graceful at all; even so...

There's only one thing you can do, you lack Liane's magic gunner skills, but-!

Focusing strength into one limb, that much you can do no problem.

Silver fire lights up your form. It's a power that's passed from many hands to get here and is continuing to set the Soul Sea itself ablaze with a sense of hope; a light that contains darkness, a pure flame that would give others the chance to shatter their own bonds to the overwhelming dark-!

You were given a 'bullet' however, what flies towards your own self...

Is your clenched fist.

In that same moment.

Will's Cage breaks and ushers through another burst of purifying light.

---

Everyone sees the fox fall as it's body detonates from the inside.

Not just those who have been fighting it up until now, but those that arrive on the scene shortly afterwards; a silver giant whose limbs automatically rise to help a Goddess hold back a falling moon, and two swordsmen of fire and lightning who stand tall and proud, ready to defend the city that had become their home, moving far ahead of their group in order to give the others time to recover.

Sora falls to one knee, as does Liane, breathing heavily as an impossibility becomes reality, a certain shrine maiden resting her head on her shoulder.

The spirits of two parents rise to catch their daughter; gliding downwards together, supporting her rather than carrying her, their first instinct in spite of their current state is to protect, and...

"Are you alright Mika?"

For a girl who has not seen them for over a decade... It is an impossible reunion of sorts.

An absolute victory for the Good Guys, punctuated with reunions that are just as miraculous as they are temporary-

"...Worthless."

-Or at least that is how it should be, that is how it would be inside the confines of a fairy tale.

Yes...

"Worthless, worthless, WORTHLESS-!"

A shadow without a face berates the fallen darkness that no longer seems able to rise. It is the same as berating it's own self but it does not care; the power that had seemingly obliterated it had not quite been powerful enough to finish the job, and thus the appearance of a shadow that all recognize instinctively as Nyarlthotep...

Crushes the atmosphere of a fairy tale completely.

...Because it's not over.

Not by a long shot.

Indeed, the "Final Battle" against the darkness...

Starts right here.

"You think you've won... You all think you've won...?"

It consumes the beast.

In a heartbeat it swallows something the size of a city whole, pulling it into itself.

It grows no larger, but it's voice distorts with what could only be called rage.

No interference...?

To hell with those rules...

It's chosen games of torture had been turned against it, and human potential was shining through where it should not, it's only natural that the God cannot accept it, and indeed it can't...

The ESPers gaining the power of these silver flames right at the end...?

What a joke...

It can't accept it could possibly lose again, and so it challenges the world.

"I am the shadow of all humans. As long as humans have dark hearts, I will live!!!"

---The killing intent surpasses any enemy that has appeared to you before; knowing that the world is listening, shaking the planet itself with it's screams and roars, the culmination of despair comes up against those that would embody hope.

The world's fate will be decided here.

If the heroes fall to the darkness, the world will fall with them, if they persevere...

The world itself may just carry on too.

The shadow turns.

It is not a giant.

But everyone sees it all the same.

"Why did you all come here? Heh... to spout gibberish? Friendship and bonds? Overcoming everything together? TO SPREAD FALSE HOPE?!"

"Don't make me laugh...You're all DEAD!"

A wave of black flames starts off the final struggle for the world's fate. These flames will not go out, different from those produced by the Kyuubi, they are eternal flames linked to it's own existence here, so long as it lives, so too shall these flames of agony.

Simple Starlight will merely delay it at best; even so-!

A God spreads it's arms wide to accept those that venture forth.
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Gläubig müssen die nicht sein, daran glauben müssen sie I3uster's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Suzume Oshino
    Shower

I feel a bit...tingly. It's weird to have other people touch my hair...even with relatives I kind of never really had this kind of skinship once I stopped being a kid...so it's all just a bit unusual right now. Maybe I just have to relax a bit more? It's been a bit of a heavy day all things considered...if I couldn't cut lose even in the bath when can I really?

So I just let it happen as I let out a relaxed sigh. "You really do have a lot of routine...makes me sad I never had a sister I could practice this with or someone else..."

There is something about that phrasing that made this situation just a slight bit weirder than it already is but that's just kind of what I do anyway, isn't it?

My head ends up slumping but she keeps up with the change in terrain admirably. Clearly an experienced fighter in all areas.

"But it's important not to neglect the student either... Course, I didn't quite expect it to be like this, but well girl time and all that-! So did you go off to explore? Missing anything you need back at the house? I'm all yours right now, so feel free to take advantage of it~ I'll help however I can~!"
    "I try my best to stay around people but you know..sometimes it becomes a bit much and I just need a bit of clear air and no familiar faces..."

I don't lie to her. Not directly. There's no way I could hide a real lie in this position with that woman. So I just chose the closest possible thing I think I can get away with. An omission.

"It's not like you specifically are exhausting me, right now you're doing the exact opposite anyway..." I only now realized that I apparently closed my eyes despite her not being in any danger of getting soap in them just yet. Must have been a reflex.

"But everything just sometimes gets exhausting, you understand that?"

The smile she sees reflected is honest, contrary to the words I speak.

"I'm fine now though. This is fine..."
    [04:55] Lianru: i3uster is actuallly quite cute

Blog Entries
    Medrod Pendragon
    New Aoyama (Khaos Arche)

What was exactly the point of it?

For what reason would someone, in this situation, in a center of all this chaos and misery, use their practically infinite power -originating from the hopes and wishes of those supporting him- to turn their smartphone into a PA system that would have left Woodstock paling in shame? What purpose did it serve to use that said phone to blast a song, the only song ever to be put into that machine, so loudly across the air that it must've been hear in every single part of Tokyo, deafening and subjugating the roar of the black flames? What sort of absolute lunatic would have even thought to do something like that when the situation seemed so dire, so without hope, so grim and serious that it would have made even a saint cry bitter tears?

--- Medrod Pendragon. That's so.

--- It served the purpose of pumping him up.

--- And the reason was... well... to bring hope where the was none, a star born in the middle of this black of void.

A single sword stroke, like a cleansing wave of pure blue and silver, shot across the city to opposite the first wave of the flames. The source of that attack was a simple man with a simple sword, breaking the not-so-simple sound barrier as he accelerated the last few hundred meters to confront whatever it was that was born from the remnants of that chaos. Medrod knew what it was that had appeared, but he certainly didn't care for its tone. So full of hatred, so full of disdain for humanity and their hope... it made him knit his brown together. That killing intent, so close and familiar, made him more sure about the correct course of action than anything else.

He would punch the daylights of such hatred, with a side-serving of some common sense.

Medrod's body felt light in all senses of the word, and the Singularity within his chest roared with power. It kept feeding him endless amount of energy, of strength born from wishes, to match the power output of the black flames. With careful aim he had separated all the humans (like hell most of them were humans) from the incoming attack. Years and years of close-call fights had left him with natural knack for aiming for the slightest chances, and this was one of them. Intercept the flames, drive them back, cut them apart with the arc of lux and levin that his sword breathed like an ancient dragon of white. That attack of pure energy, a comet in its own right, left behind it a scattering shower of white scales more akin to impossible cross between snow and sakura petals. Each of them were ready to absorb more attacks thrown towards those who were already opposing this malignant tumor in the fabric of reality.

No... not a tumor.

Someone venting their very own feelings, as Medrod realized.

Someone he'd need to have words with.

"---------!"

Coming right at the heels of his attack, the undulating air of a broken sound barrier following after him, Medrod landed right in the middle of the humans, placing him squarely between them and the crawling chaos that was the source of the flame. He spared one look back at the people, both young and older, who had been fighting this beast so far. He knew not who they were, but he felt that same silver shine within them. To them he and the music he brought must've been a ridiculous thing indeed. Especially for a certain one he saw among them, the psychotic blonde ESPer who had tried to kill him more than once. But now, glancing at her with eye that was blue instead of red, Medrod could not help but to smirk almost sardonically.

Oh how the roles had changed.

Then, swinging his sword to rest upon his shoulder, Medrod turned his head towards the enemy that was before them. It was... something alright. There were few words he could have used to describe him, but a 'silhouette' came immediately to mind. Something with no identity, opposing those who were strongly ascertaining their own. Fitting, in a way. Hatred was an endless hole one could hardly escape from, like he had learned the hard way. Therefore it felt vaguely familiar to see something with such shapeless form. It inspired no fear, no dread, not even pity within him. Medrod simply accepted it, whatever it was, with indifference. Clicking his tongue, he tilted his head a little, cocking an eyebrow at the black thing.

And then he said the most ridiculous thing perhaps ever uttered.

"Sorry guys."

With his words Medrod addressed everybody at the scene.

The defenders of humanity and the infinite chaos that opposed.

Worst of all...

He did it with not a single shred of shame.

"Am I interrupting something?"

Blog Entries
    Suzume Oshino
    Shower

"Hmm, I see..."

The skillful fingers never pause.

"Well you are at that younger social age, it's good to make new friends... It gets harder and harder to do that as you get older, so it's a good thing to take advantage of your youth."

She sounds a bit old saying that, but by that same token, you were pretty sure she was actually only twenty-four years old herself. Not quite late enough in life to start having a crisis about it, but enough that some sort of yearning for the teenage years might just exist within her psyche.

Still-

A grin.

"But the opposite huh? Good to know I still haven't lost my touch~ I can do better than just hair you know? Massaging the Shoulders almost always gives a good response, you want me to try?"

Another suspicious line, but one that was also clearly meant to be some sort of joke.

...Probably.

If you asked she'd probably do it, but that kinda feels like it might just be crossing some sort of line that might be difficult for you to come back from...

"Still, I understand, good to get away from all the stress if you can; that's kinda why I wanted to do this, everyone's always freaking out about the future... Not good for the mental health in the long term."

A bucket of water pouring over your shoulders cleanses the soap from your head.

"Speaking of that... Any plans for after all of this... trouble... Is taken care of? Was gonna head back to America for the summer myself, as an apprentice, you can tag along if you'd like?"
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Blog Entries
    Mikagura Mika

My hand aches. Unlike with Beldr, my body has been used to such strenuous circumstances that I didn’t lose a limb this time, but… I can’t say I thoroughly enjoy resorting to punching a god in the face when the chips are down. It’s such an inelegant, basic solution. As mentioned before, while I’ve certainly played and adapted to styles where brute force has been the primary option, it’s not my forte.

Still, the sight of the raging god in front of me, pissed like a petulant child, pales in comparison to the comfort of the arms supporting me. Even in the face of such overwhelming odds, a parent’s touch can still assuage most of their children’s fears.

“Mom, Dad… I didn’t think I’d be able to see you again.” Maybe if the situation was calmer, I could cry. But even so, I can’t help but be thankful for this small miracle, even if these circumstances are decidedly subpar. In fact, there’s just so much to worry about I can’t properly enjoy a reunion like this…

“Nami! Genbu!”

They’re alive, right? I would know if Genbu was out of the fight but for Nami, Nami, Nami, Nami…

Think Tank active.
    Eclipse Diver activated.
    Connection to Akashic Record established.

She’s alive. Despite everything that began in the depths of the Kyuubi… I still have more things to say, even if I… even if I can’t muster up the courage to say them yet. And I can’t, won’t abandon her ever again.

I force myself to get up, Beacon still in my hands. I’ve no idea if it’s entirely burnt out, but it seems I still have need for a blade. At the very least… I could probably revitalize it with the silver flames from the surroundings. Not only that… the true creator of Beacon is right next to me. I’m sure Dad would know a trick or two I don’t.

“Am I interrupting something?”
    “Don't quip, just keep on hitting the thing, Pendragon.” A curt response. I decline to comment about my lackluster family reunion or the racket he’s blaring. If you want to make a show of yourself, please don't waste time on idiotic words.

After all, we might as well value every breath we have in this situation.
    Last edited by Katie; April 19th, 2018 at 03:37 PM.