Page 3 of 165 FirstFirst 1234581353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Ga Rei: Exodus Nine (IC)

Watanabe Tomoya
    New Aoyama, 'For Pete's Sake'
    Evening

It all began rather suddenly.

The opening strings of the evening news sounded in the steadily crowding bar as Kenji looked me over with one eye, "Not sure, eh?" He nodded slightly, "That's a pretty human answer. No one can really decide until the actual moment comes... We're weird like that... But it's probably for the best."

You're more of a weirdo then I am, boyo.

I bustled back and forth down the bar as orders came in, adding a bit of flare here and there, keep them interested, the usual business, a slight scent of smoke caught my nose as I saw a flash of dark hair in the corner of my eye, for now, the grill wasn't particularly heavy-duty, but we could shoot out some easy meals here and there.

The drone of the newscaster spouting off about something or other was interrupted by a sudden turn of phrase, "We interrupt your daily programming to bring you the following announcement."

Then things got weird.

The television set burst into a flurry of static, the harsh sounds raking over the bar and drawing eyes and ears to the set, a tired-sounding voice, sounded a bit like an older man, spoke up:

"This is a message for the humans of Tokyo City."

I frowned, 'humans', must be some new cult.

Then the older voice and a bunch of other voices did that voice of the legion thing, all echoing each other.

Kinda creepy.

"Understand that what is happening now is something that could have been avoided."

"Your hatred drew the spirit of destruction to this place."

"The human condition is no longer relevant."

"You have ruined your own world..."

The fuck..?

Then the power cut out, a sharp snap echoing over the bar, lights, TV, the quiet radio playing in the corner, circuit must've gone out.

Then a thick black fog slammed up against the glass with an impeccable sense of dramatic timing, the dirty glass clattered on the bar, "Shit-!"

A chorus of screams, crying, panic, swearing, the works, I spotted the girl pull something from her jacket, long and thin, my new compatriot actually looked bothered for a minute before smoothing his face back into a vaguely-disconcerted expression.

"Well, this isn't good..."

No, really? I hadn't guessed.

Shapes appeared in the dark miasma outside, slamming on the glass, the screams intensified as I vaulted over the bar with a casual ease.

Thud. Thud. Thud. Thud. Krick.

The glass burst inward as the shadowy vandals burst in, the miasma flooding in like some sort of... flood.

The dark smoke-like substance settled over the bar, people fading into unconsciousness, I heard a sharp, sliding sound from my right, the girl, Maiya, had drawn a sword, a katana. It seemed to glow a bit, in the dark.

She looked up at me, expression desperate as she held Kenji protectively, then she collapsed.

I could feel myself slipping away, anger the only thing keeping me awake.

These-These bastards, breaking into MY bar, and breaking MY things, and hurting MY customers were going to get their shit wrecked as soon as I got... over... there...

Ah, crap.

I felt my knees buckling as I staggered forward a few steps drunkenly, I swayed, the vague figures, white eyes and silhouetted watched me.

"Ya.. ya fuckin bashtards! I'll beat the fawkin shit outta you ya damn punks!" I made one more step and swiped at the closest shadow.

I overbalanced myself and clattered down to the floor, hearing a faint crack as my vision faded.

========================
    Night(?)

Bells rang out. Low, donging bells, like those in a church, dull and low.

It made my head hurt, I smacked my lips together and slowly pried my fist from the wooden floor, would have to fix that later. I sat up, my back against the bar as I glanced around the interior, all the customers breathed slowly, nothing appeared to be wrong there. The black fog now thinner in the air, the bar was like it'd been before I passed out, broken glass, katana drawn, hole in floor, I got to my feet slowly, looking around more thoroughly.

Outside in the black fog, I could faintly see wrecked cars, low visibility must've made it a real pain.

"Uh..."

I heard a tiny voice moan out from next to me, Maiya stirred once, still draped over Kenji, the only movement in the now dead-quiet bar.

She faded back into unconsciousness though.

"Hm." I surveyed the environs, pacing around, I felt a sense of danger in the air, this probably wasn't a good place to be.

I made some rounds around the bar, trying to shake people awake.

"Hey, come on."

"Get up."

"There's something going down, better get up."

"Wakey-wakey eggs-and-bakey."

I nudged Maiya slightly. Still watchful, something told me to keep my voice a bit quiet, or maybe it was the ever-present silence in the air, interrupted only by those damn bells.

I sighed, what the hell was going on?

The Time-Governing Twelve Covenants Airen's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Amamiya Mashiro (Ziodyne)
    New Aoyoma, Mashiro's House
    Evening

"...Miyomoto Shuu," sitting back down in his seat, and pulling a cigarette from the pockets of his jacket, the older man waited until it was lit before continuing, "My name. Since you were wondering." Sighing, the man's stoic expression faded, a small smile tugging at the corners of his mouth, "It's good to be a bit distrusting; I mean, everything in this world has a catch, right?"

Reaching into the pocket of his jacket and retrieving something, the man, Shuu, held out a card, which on closer inspection, seemed to be his driver's license. A second card, found after much muttering on behalf of the older, but stoic man, revealed a Police ID.

"I'm a detective from a private firm, temporarily working with the Tokyo City police department in order to solve an ongoing murder case. Something about vampires... It's all nonsense really, the culprit has to be human," realizing that he was getting side-tracked, the man made an effort to focus his rambling, "I only take cases that interest me. And the fact that I haven't been able to solve yours... Well, it's interesting... It's also a black mark on my record, but it's still interesting enough that I look into it on my downtime even though everyone else seems to have shelved it. Cold Case, and all that. We've talked a few times, you and I."

So he was off-duty at the moment.

While he had seemed somewhat distant at first, it actually seemed like he was a pretty friendly guy...

"Seems the guy knew I was still interested in finding him. Or maybe he just wanted me to get you moving because of your certain... Affliction. Who knows?"

Putting out his cigarette in his empty coffee mug, the man stood up once more, left hand in the pocket of his jacket.

"I'm off the clock at the moment, so I can't show you much more than what I already have... But hey, if you don't believe me and wanna go alone, I could arrange to meet you there. Civilians really shouldn't go near that group by themselves. They're pretty convincing with the whole 'cult assimilation' thing. Don't wanna see a kid I've known for eight years go down that path... Something about that group is just... not quite right..."
    Exodus (Complete)

Even if the author is silenced, the performance is stilled and the actors leave the stage, the story will never truly end.

Regardless of the form it takes, as long as there are memories of it's existence, the story will continue on.

In a small ward in the heart of a once devastated town, life carries on as it always has...

Because of you.

Please, remember it warmly.

We'll continue to walk down this path for eternity.

Mugen No Sekai

"The Illusion Incomplete Memories Produce Are,

Fleeting, Disappearing into the Future,

Until the Ruins of Yesterday Overflow,

For That Which Falls Only to Rise is Simply a--"

Blog Entries
    Watanabe Tomoya
    New Aoyama, 'For Pete's Sake'
    Evening

"..."

In the end, the young woman didn't respond to your prodding and poking, and neither did any of the others in the bar. It was a surreal atmosphere, silence in a city that had apparently been struck with some sort of calamity, and while the headlights of cars were distantly visible in the fog, no one ever came any closer to you, and other than the sound of bells, the silence in the bar persisted, as if everyone around you had gone and simply died in their sleep. That wasn't the case of course, their chests were rising and falling in a consistent but silent sign of life, but it still felt like you were completely alone in spite of their obvious presence. Unwilling to leave them there, you decided to stay and keep trying anyway, shaking their bodies a bit more wildly than before, but the only response you got was an unconscious complaint from Maiya, who, while apparently stuck in her own dream world, managed to shove you away from her and onto the floor, before falling silent again.

It was after you were picking yourself up from this, pondering whether or not you should just dump a bucket of water on her or something, that you noticed the sound of the bells was getting progressively louder, as if the bells themselves were moving closer and closer to you.

This was not possible.

The sound didn't seem to be coming from 'anywhere,' in fact, if you didn't know better, you would even say that the origin point was actually in 'your ears.' And even if that wasn't the case, the sound was like that of a church bell, far too heavy for someone to just casually carry around and ring without a care in the world...

It was a small sign of impossibility, but it was enough for you to trust your bodies instincts and look around for anything that happened to be moving. The sound of bells was unbearably loud now, and your hands going to your ears of their own accord, you finally spotted something impossible waiting for you behind the shattered glass windows of the bar.

There was a monster outside your window.

It would have been almost cartoonish if the being in question hadn't been a giant skeleton, it's hands resting on the roof of the bar even as it's head peered at you with empty eyes. It's body was huge, large enough that it could reach out and hold you with a single hand if it wanted too, but it's movements had been ungodly silent, and even now, it's body completely still, there was something about it that was hard to notice. Something of it's size seemed like it would shake the ground when it moved at the very least, but none of that had happened, as far as warning signs were concerned, it may as well have simply materialized outside of your window.

The bells inside your ears were ringing at a feverish pitch, and the people around you began to stir, as if the mere existence of this thing was enough to push their bodies to regain consciousness.

This thing was just an apparition. You had seen enough ghost bullshit in your life to realize that, and while it's head moved in a terrifyingly silent way, looking at the stirring bodies of your customers before fixing itself on you, you felt another sensation you were familiar with... Killing intent.

"..."

Without making any sort of sound at all, the creature drag's it's arms down, destroying the front wall of your store in what was presumably it's attempt to move the scenery so it can get a better shot at you and the others.

In that instant.

You move.
    Last edited by Airen; April 15th, 2014 at 06:58 PM.
    Exodus (Complete)

Even if the author is silenced, the performance is stilled and the actors leave the stage, the story will never truly end.

Regardless of the form it takes, as long as there are memories of it's existence, the story will continue on.

In a small ward in the heart of a once devastated town, life carries on as it always has...

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Blog Entries
    Saki Ryuumonbuchi
    New Aoyoma, 'Brewed Awakenings'
    Evening

“A petty chill such as this will never snuff out the spirit burning within me.” Saki wasted no time surveying the room after she came to. Pacing back and forth in front of the windows, Saki surmised the ice encasing the building. With a chuckle Saki strode to the door, laughing merrily as if the temperature was completely normal.

With a sneer Saki stared into her reflection beaming back from the ice, reveling in her own visage as she crossed her arms and raised her chin triumphantly.

“Try again once you have harnessed the combined might of the Frost Giants of Jötunheimr if you want to even bring a shiver to my spine, lowly glacial blockade!”

"You think it would be okay if we heat it up here a bit, maybe make a little fire? Any stools that you want to get rid of, maybe?"

"Saki..."
    Tuning out the voice of Suzume from behind her Saki turned her head to the left, leaning in closer and inspecting the ice further. Without pause Saki continued with her survey of the ice, looking over the blue, reflective surface with a critical eye that betrayed her rambling.

“To challenge I, Ryuumonbuchi Saki, the Blooming Inferno, Child of the Spirits, Retainer of the Reader of Hearts and Apprentice of the Queen of Clarity with none other than ice, one must truly be a fool!” Speaking to the ice, or perhaps to an entity that Saki believed may be behind the frozen blue wall, Saki leaned back from the ice and began pacing back toward Suzume and Megumi, arms still crossed and mouth still running with every step. “What arrogance, what incompetence, what hilarity! To think my first foe as the pupil of the Master of the Dark Spark would be one who would employ ice, against me! Hahaha!”

"Saki, you mind?"
    Suddenly silencing her laughter Saki turned to face Suzume, reaching her arm out and extending her index finger directly under the cigarette positioned between Suzume’s lips. A small, thin trail of green fire rose from Saki’s fingernail, followed by two more, smaller green flames that coiled around the first, like twin snakes strangling prey together. Twisting and braiding together the three flames began to meld together. At the tip of the flaming stem a new, light pink flame burst out, expanding and shaping itself into flower petals that lightly brushed against the cigarette, lighting it. As soon as Saki saw that the cigarette was lit she withdrew her hand, scattering the flower petals around the frozen room. As each petal hit the ground it burnt away, fading out of existence as Saki ceased providing a ‘fuel’ for the fire, leaving countless spots on the floor partially thawed where the petals had landed.

“Are you sure you don't want me to burn away this puny glacial barrier, my lord?” Saki asked, grinning. Turning her hand around and opening her palm Saki looked back to the frozen door. The sweet fragrance of roses filled the air as Saki flexed her fingers, only to be burnt away and replaced by the crackling of fire as more green stems burst from her palm, each one adorned with flamboyant scarlet, flaming roses at the end.
    Last edited by Spinach; April 16th, 2014 at 03:03 AM.

Gläubig müssen die nicht sein, daran glauben müssen sie I3uster's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Suzume Oshino
    Evening

After a drag the cigarette glows in a familiar orange. A breath fills my lungs with just enough smoke to calm my thinking for a bit.

"No. Not yet. Unless our company here thinks it's a good idea?"

At least nothing seemed to move from Saki's display of power. Doesn't really make me feel any more secure, but it meant that at least there was no immediate danger in trying to up the scale in the firemaking department.

"So...anything we can use as firewood?"
    [04:55] Lianru: i3uster is actuallly quite cute

Blog Entries
    Suzume Oshino & Saki Ryuumonbochi
    Night

"Firewood?" A slightly amused smile crossing her face, the blue-haired woman shrugged, her hand pressed against the wound on her side, "Look around you and take your pick of the furniture. Liane probably won't care if you burn the chairs, most of them are broken anyway... And as for whether or not we should melt the ice..."

Her voice trailing off as she looked around the room, the woman paused for a few moments to consider your other question, her eyes closed.

"...I honestly couldn't tell you. This whole situation is weird," her eyes serious, she sounded vaguely apologetic about being unsure, "I thought it was a Yuki-onna at first, but they usually don't wait this long to finish people off," speaking in a matter of fact tone, Megumi continued as if was a lecture, "The setup for a spirit attack has been perfect for hours now. The building was frozen over, you two were unconscious, and I was hurt pretty badly... Yet nothing attacked... Of course, since incidents aren't normally this big, we may be part of a mass freezing... Or a freak accident."

Shrugging, the woman gingerly pressed her hand against the bloodied spot on her side, and seemingly satisfied, stood up a tad straighter, her pained look fading away.

"Whatever the case, this place is dead set in the middle of an incident. Even if there isn't a Yuki-onna outside, something else probably is. Melting the ice means we could leave... But we'd probably run into something outside... And I'd rather not drag kids like you into that... At the same time," her smile grew bitter, "If we don't leave, we'd be voluntarily staying in a situation which seems like a trap... Which could end badly... Really, none of the options are good."

At least she was honest.
    Last edited by Airen; April 17th, 2014 at 02:37 PM.
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Watanabe Tomoya
    New Aoyama 'For Pete's Sake'
    Night(?)

I poked and prodded at the bar-goers to no avail. It was almost like time was frozen, I could see some headlights out in the gloom, but the only noise in the middle of freaking Tokyo City were those fucking bells. And no one stirred, like Morpheus had gone and set off a nuke or something, or more like a neutron bomb, maybe.

It'd been awhile since I'd looked up shit like that okay.

Even Maiya, who I'd had some hope for, had shoved me away, clearly happier off in slumberland than here.

And those bells just got louder and louder, like it was practically blaring in my ears, and I finally turned and glared outside to curse at what was evidently the source-

And I looked up, and up, and up.

A giant skeleton, like something out of Castlevania or something, loomed out of the foggy night, peering in through the broken windows with eyeless sockets, and you'd expect something that size to make some noise, but it was quiet.

Dead quiet, quiet as the grave if you will.

We sat there for a moment, All Bones Jones and myself, the bells donged thunderously in my ears, and I had an idea what it meant, the people in the bar stirred restlessly, apparently not finding the sudden arrival very humerus.

I'm not sorry.

But the fact was, something that big, yet completely silent struck me as some ghost bullshit, and I shifted my balance slightly, in readiness for what it'd do next, a sudden feeling of intent hostility floated over me, and All-Bones Jones did something terrible.

Evidently wanting to get at the interior of the bar, it jerked it's arms down from the roof where they'd been resting and tore down the entire front of the bar.

Okay. No.

You can come in, and be all spooky, maybe even bone a few ladies who are into that kind of thing, but you tear up a guy's bar, his livelihood?

That's real personal.

It sagged over for a moment, bent from tearing down the front wall, and in that moment I moved.

I bulldozed towards it, smashing tables out of my way, slamming my feet against the ground, almost blind with rage. It began to straighten up, pushing it's arms against the ground, but I seized one of them, slight cracks appearing in the ghostly white bone in my grasp. Then I hauled back, jerking it's upper body towards the ground.

It fell forward obligingly, and I reared back my right hand, absently realizing that I was yelling, and then I jackhammered my fist directly into it's skull, a blazing crimson aura surrounding it, like a comet.

Blog Entries
    Saki Ryuumonbuchi
    Evening

“Your concern is not needed.” Speaking up over the rising crackle of the inferno brewing in her hand Saki answered Megumi, wearing a smile as bright as the flames she held. The fire twisted and turned in her grip, shaping itself into a bright, blazing bouquet. Lilies, buttercups, roses, tulips, violets and poppies burst to life in vivid color, drowning the room in the beautiful, harsh stench of burnt.

“Your concern is fed by ignorance, yet even then to receive the worry of wounded woman is an insult to my lord, and thus to me.” With a chuckle Saki brought her arm back, and in doing so brought the inferno in her hand together, the wild bouquet of flame coalescing into one large, bright red lily. Glancing over her shoulder Saki flashed her smile at Megumi, illuminated by her red contacts reflecting the blaze built up within her palm. “So I will,”

Stepping forward, Saki slung her arm forward, twisting her body as her hand passed by her head and launched the floral inferno like a straight ball, sending the blaze on a screaming, blazing course for the frozen door.

“Burn away your ignorance.”

Spoiler:
    SP: 470/500

ESP: “Rinshan Kaihou” 嶺上開花
    The ability to create and manipulate fire with the mind. Named after a Japanese mahjong yaku, these flames take the form of vivid, rapidly blooming flowers that can be used to do typical fire things like burning stuff and burning more stuff.
    [ESP Ability. Use 1: Allows for miscellaneous singular attacks of a fire nature (flame flowers, fireball, etc). These attacks deal 1.3xSPI based damage, and have a moderate chance of inflicting burn. SP Cost: 30]

Koga Ran
    New Aoyoma, Abandoned Shop
    Night

"Ugh..."

Although it seems like I have fallen unconscious in a rather cozy spot, the first thing I feel when I come to is unpleasantness. Trying to shake away my dizziness and the blur that is my vision, I turn my head to the side. The angle feels wrong, for some reason. Tch, it looks like I need some more time to recover. Closing my eyes again, I slowly begin to piece together my memories of what happened before I blacked out. To think that I'd faint so easily... I am ashamed of myself. It's indeed true that the enemy we bumped into was far beyond our expectations, but it's ultimately my fault for letting myself be defeated and losing the possession of the stone. My ancestors must be disappointed with this outcome... Perhaps I should take this opportunity and let myself fall into a deep slumber...

---But I cannot do that.

Despite my failures, I must not forget I wasn't in this alone. Deep down, I feel the obligation to at least make sure that Tachibana-san is not injured, that she can still return to her family. With that resolution firm in my mind, I finally decide to ignore the reality surrounding me and boldly open my eyes. What I discover can be categorized as confusing, to say the least.

"..."

My eyes meet that of Tachibana-san's. There is no reaction on my part. There is nothing to be alarmed about, as at first glance, she seems to be in a fine condition. However, I am unable to find the reason as to why I am being held so close to her. Was I wounded during the previous struggle...? Negative. My body is sore and it looks like I sustained some damage, but there are no difficulties when I try to move. Not recognizing the place I find myself into, I quickly scan the place. A basement, I conclude as I turn my gaze back to my companion.

"Yes."
    Lifting myself up, I create a bit of distance between Tachibana-san and me, and dust my clothes off, trying to remain polite and professional at the same time. "There is no need for you to concern yourself about me. More importantly, the stone..."

One part of me is relieved to find out that we still have the cargo in our possession. The other part is upset to find out the identity of its current carrier... However, before I get a say on the matter, my partner informs me of the current situation. Still unsure of what exactly took place at the streets, I take a moment to decipher what Tachibana-san is trying to tell me. The moment I recall what happened...

---An inhuman battle-cry puts an end to the calm and brings back the storm.

My eyes widen in realization of the situation we are in. If that giant is right above us, it is urgent that we get out of here. If the structure collapses or it finds out we are down in the basement, our lives will most likely reach an unfortunate end. While the option to remain silent and wait until it leaves also exists, I am not the sort of person who relies on luck to reach a favorable outcome, not to mention we lack the time required to stick to said strategy. If Tachibana-san decided to be the carrier, it means the countdown until she can no longer do so has already started. If we both become exhausted, we're sitting ducks...

The door on the other side of the room seems to be our only exit. If I'm right, that should take us outside the house by going through the basement's second entrance. In doing so, we'll expose ourselves to the enemy, but doing so is better than remaining in a fixed position under these circumstances. If needed be, I'll engage the enemy, but the priority will be to escape from battle. I'd be arrogant if I claimed I could do something like swiftly dispatching of an A-rank existence of unknown characteristics while protecting Tachibana-san, who should under no means fight, under the short amount of time we have on our side.

"Tachibana-san. It's imperative that we leave this location, ASAP."
    From here I cannot tell what will be our next course of action once we get out of the basement. Shaking the doubts aside, I tell myself that I need to reach the bridge before crossing it. "You can move, I take it?"
    [18:30] RacingeR: Max S.Link with hero is when you promise your daughter to him
    [18:31] RacingeR: Which means Airen and me are the only ones that maxed it (I promised Spin to him, and Spin is my daughter)
    [18:32] hero: oh shit
    [18:32] hero: spincess get
    [18:32] hero: suck it fuckers

Blog Entries
    William Levilius
    New Aoyama, Entertainment District
    Night

For someone like you, this sort of response could be considered natural.

Throwing your two unconscious allies over your shoulders, and sprinting out of the alleyway into the darkened streets of a broken city in search of someone you didn't know, but who clearly needed your help, there was no hesitation in your heart.

This too, must be fate.

The crying of someone's heart was not something that could be ignored, and although the weight of your companions made it a tad cumbersome to move, you were still much more agile than a normal human under the same conditions.

Outside of the alleyway, you were surprised to find that the dark mist was quite a bit thinner out here, and the streets, illuminated a dull crimson from some unseen light source, revealed themselves completely to your eyes. There were wrecked cars all over the road, piled up on each other in a way that implied a massive accident; the sound of the girl's crying voice was close, but you took a brief look in the car windows as you searched, prepared to pull out anyone who seemed like they were trapped inside, but to your surprise, it seemed that all of the vehicles were empty, some with their car doors open and hanging off at angles, as if someone had forced their way out.

In the far off distance, the sounds of chaos continued, but here, at least, it seemed that the damage had already been done.

Your movements careful and slow, so as not to startle anyone you may happen to come across, you did your best to ignore the persistent sound of a nearby car alarm, the sobbing of the crying girl reaching your heart even when it didn't seem to reach your ears.

And eventually...

You found her.

Back pressed against the remains of a wrecked car that was a bit away from the others, the girl, who seemed to be about your age, had her head buried in her knees, her arms wrapped around her legs in what seemed to be an attempt to make herself as small and unnoticeable as possible.

As far as you could tell she wasn't hurt, and there was no one out here but your group and her, and yet there was a certain sincere hysteria in her crying that couldn't be ignored. Even if she wasn't wounded, it wouldn't be unnatural for someone to freak out in a situation like this...

After all, unlike Izumi and Kensuke who clearly had abilities of some sort, this girl was probably a completely normal human...

And yet...

There was something wrong here...

Why was she here by herself? Where had everyone else gone? Why weren't apparitions here if there was this much miasma? Why was the fog thinner here than everywhere else?

They were brief thoughts, but they were enough to keep you from calling out to the girl immediately.

Was there something more to this...?

Or perhaps it was just paranoia...
    Last edited by Airen; April 19th, 2014 at 06:27 PM.
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Blog Entries
    Watanabe Tomoya
    New Aoyama 'For Pete's Sake'
    Night

It had made the mistake of underestimating you.

A gargantuan apparition, the creature before you was the culmination of many people's dark emotions, an incarnation of malice that cared nothing for the incident that had stricken this city. It was something that had been around long before the black fog, an abominable thing that had lurked in the darkness of Tokyo for eight years, nursing it's anger, forging itself a body from the hate of those who had died and refused to forgive the world for it. It was a jealous creature, an angry thing that sought nothing more than the deaths of everything that crossed it path, to bring an "end" to the human condition, to drag those who were still alive until the abyss of death it had forged.

It was a monster in almost every sense of the word, and as such, was not something that could be opposed by humans. Even a human like you, someone who could perceive it's form, could visualize the body formed from the hate of so many, was not something that bothered it.

There was no harm in letting you touch it.

Soon, it would kill you.

Then it would kill everyone else in the building, and from there, it would move on and on, slaughtering everything that crossed it's path until the living world had become a blood-stained one, until it had consumed everything, and become 'everything,' like that demon fox that had appeared so long ago.

Yes.

In it's many minds, there was nothing threatening about the figure of Watanabe Tomoya, he was simply an insect, an ungrateful being whose life would soon come to an end. It was not until you grabbed ahold of it, your soul radiating with strength, and a roar of unbridled rage echoing throughout the city, that it realized something was wrong.

That it's prey, a worthless human that should just lay down and accept it's entrance into the legion, was just as great a monster as it was.

For people like you, as well as exorcists, there was no meaning in a body that carried no spiritual strength. If you didn't put your spirit behind it, a fist was just a fist, a weightless thing that held no sway in the world of spirits. It was rare for humans to be able to do this, to use the weight of one's existence as a weapon, and those who could do so, even if they lacked any other sort of knowledge, were hailed as exorcists, holy children, and while it was not uncommon for them to augment their power with artifacts, holy weapons, in the end, the thing that fueled the miracle of exorcism was the spirit of the exorcist.

While you were not exactly an exorcist, your existence was something similar.

You screamed, hauling the apparition down to your level as you pulled back your fist. The crimson fire that appeared around it, invisible to those who could not peer beyond the veil of the living, nevertheless shined brilliantly, and, if not for the fact that the being before you could no longer feel 'fear,' it perhaps would have thought a second time about breaking the walls of your establishment, and endangering the lives of your customers.

For Watanabe Tomoya... Was a human who embodied destruction.

Gashadokuro takes 110 HP damage.
    Successful attack, stun chance!
    Coin flip: Heads. Success!

While the mass of miasma that made up it's form was not broken by your fist, the sheer strength of the impact, of your soul rejecting it's existence, was enough to fling it's head toward the sky.

The spirit mass was not afraid, but it was confused.

Someone had hurt it.

A lone human, who felt like the Kyuubi, had struck at it's existence with nothing more than it's body, and-

You didn't give it the time to finish the thought.

You had been in a lot of fights in your life, mostly against humans, but there had been the occasional ghostly brawl tossed in the mix as well, and you knew, even through the burning haze of your anger, that now was the time to press the attack.

You were going to beat it into the afterlife.

One of it's knees was bent ever so slightly, and as one hand rose to shield it's head, you leaped up onto the temporary platform, and without further thought...

Gashadokuro takes 110 HP damage.

You hit it again, the midair strike knocking it onto it's back, with you yourself, landing on the bones of it's chest.

You had no intention of stopping.

This thing had crossed the line, and you were gonna teach it a lesson it's next twelve incarnations would remember-

Before you could really lay into it any further however...

"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

(BGM On)

Skeletal fingers snaked across your chest. It happened quickly, not quickly enough that you couldn't acknowledge it, but quickly enough that said realization came about at the same moment as it slamming you into the concrete ground at it's side.

Watanabe Tomoya takes 60 damage

If you were a normal human you would have died. The impact had been intense, but it wasn't just that...

"...."

The thing was squeezing hard, it's eyes alight with a crimson fire as it watched you struggle. The pain was extraordinary, tearing so deep into you that your spirit withered, if only for a moment, and so too did the strength in your arms...

It was bad, your ribs felt like they were gonna cave in, and the only thing you could read from the apparitions gaze was something close to sadism... Or perhaps revenge?

While it seemed like it had every intention of wringing the life right out of you, the fact that it's mouth was opening, as well as the fact that it was bringing you to it, hinted at something a bit more... bloody...

Your struggles increased, but there was something about the creature that tore at your primal fears and made it hard to focus... At this rate-

Before the worst case scenario, a blood-red flash crossed the space between you and it, a clear red light that cleaved straight through the arm that had been holding you aloft.

Gashadokuro takes 50 damage.
    Gashadokuro's right arm has been severed.

It was an impossibly fast move, fast enough that, had you been a normal human, you would have missed it entirely. Even the world itself seemed to doubt what had just occurred, as for a moment, you seemed to hang suspended in the air, supported by an arm that was no longer attached to it's main body.

And then you fell, the creature screaming aloud for the first time as you saw someone familiar, standing on it's shoulders as if it was the most natural thing in the world going straight for it's eyes.

Of course, as you were currently plunging a pretty decent distance to the ground outside of the bar, you didn't quite got to see how that turned out...

Tsukino Maiya has taken 50 damage.

...At least, until the 'red flash' in question was thrown to the ground beside your, her landing no more graceful than yours, her face set in a determined scowl even as she pushed herself to her feet, looking past you to the monster, which had seemed to regenerate it's arm almost as fast as it had been cut off. The aura of miasma around it had gone from black to crimson, and as it looked at you, fire still pulsing in it's eyes, you understood that it was no longer taking you lightly.

"...Sometimes I really hate my job."

Speaking casually, the girl stepped towards the creature without looking back at you.

Was she going to rush it again...?

That was awfully energetic for someone who had been unconscious mere minutes ago...

---

Wise Up! Gashadokuro

Name: Gashadokuro (Odokuro)
    Character Type: Spirit
    Threat Level: B-Class
    Disposition: Violent; Stalker

Stats

HP: ???
    SP: ???
    RP: ???

Strength: A (50)
    Vitality: ???
    Agility: E (10)
    Dexterity: C (30)
    Resistance: D (20)
    Spirit: ???

Perks

-Colossus-
    A gargantuan being, a Gashadokuro almost always towers above it's chosen prey, it's sheer size and weight putting an impossible power and durability behind it's existence.
    [Effect 1: Passive. Increase STR by 20 when attacking smaller targets.[...]
    [Effect 4: Passive. So long as the Gashadokuro is the one to initiate a grapple challenge, it gains major modifiers to success.]

-Human Hunter-

A being who hunted humans in Japanese Mythology, the Gashadokuro possesses an affinity for hunting down living humans, being able to hide both physical and spiritual signs of it's presence to them regardless of whether or not they are spiritually aware. This, combined with it's overwhelming strength, as well the fact that it prefers to attack it's victims when they were alone, make it a troublesome opponent for even the best of exorcists. However, in spite of it's ability to hide itself, humans do possess an indirect sense for the presence of a Gashadokuro, hearing the “sound of a bell” when one is nearby.
    [Effect 1: Passive. When facing a human-type opponent (ESPers count) the target's RES is treated as 10 points lower for the purpose of all battle calculations. If the target is fighting alone, their RES is considered a further 10 points lower.]
    [Effect 2: Passive. When a Gashadokuro is nearby, all humans in the area will be continually notified of the sound of bells.]
    [Effect 3: Passive. Other than through Effect 2, the presence of a Gashadokuro cannot be detected by any means until it attacks.]

Wise Up! Tsukino Maiya

Name: Tsukino Maiya
    Character Type: Human (ESPer?)

Stats

HP: ???
    SP: ???
    RP: ???

Strength: B (40)
    Vitality: ???
    Agility: B (40)
    Dexterity: ???
    Resistance: D (20)
    Spirit: ???

Major Perk

-???-
    [Maiya's sword. Seems to be some type of holy weapon.]
    Last edited by Airen; April 20th, 2014 at 07:21 PM.
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Blog Entries
    Night

You had to get out of here.

The means of escape having been granted to you long before today, the flames you had inherited from the greatest spirit beast eight years ago burned through the frozen blockade without any signs of resistance from anything, be it spiritual or physical in nature. Megumi, who had simply closed her eyes and sighed at the remark of "ignorance," just smiled a bitter smile of resignation at these actions, and like Suzume before her, pulled the small figure of a cigarette from her pocket, lighting it with what seemed to be a spark that danced between her fingers. The instant the ice wall disappeared completely, a chill wind swept into the shop along with what seemed to be snow, and stepping outside together to confront whatever this was, you were unsurprised to find that the conditions were like that of a snowstorm, the concrete grounds, as well as the nearby buildings covered in various sheets of ice.

It didn't seem like anyone living was nearby, but there were a few footsteps leading away from some nearby wrecked cars, as well as away from the gas station, so people /had/ been out here at some point in the past.

Of course, your sense for living things wasn't the greatest in the world, and people on the verge of freezing to death probably wouldn't show up very well because of that particular manner of death, so you decided, at Megumi's insistence, to give some of the cars a brief look over, just as a final check to make sure that no one was trapped inside before you moved on for yourself.

In the end, you didn't find anyone, however...

"Good Evening Tokyo~ Here is tonight's news~"

You found an active car radio, left on as if it's owner had forgotten about it, spewing out sound in one of the cars. It was normally something you would ignore, but the excited sound of the host, as well as the fact that, because of an incident of this scale, no one should be taking the time to broadcast, drew your attention to it enough to listen to what it had to say.

"Blackouts will continue to spread throughout the Yamanote Loop throughout the day. Because it is suspected that poisonous gas has escaped from underground pockets, all exits from the Yamanote Circle will be closed by 6:00. It is unknown when this blockade will be removed, but power should be restored by tomorrow night."

Was it talking about things... That hadn't happened yet?

"Most of Aoyoma's citizens will escape the neighborhood because of the remnants of former SDCD, as well as some assistance from the Order of Eden, however, those spirits will not be able to leave this city, and the members of the order will be attacked by a demon at sunrise."

What the hell...?

"At 2:00, a localized blizzard will occur in the outskirts of Aoyoma. And sometime after 4:00, four people, Liane Cross, Nakamura Megumi, Ryuumonbuchi Saki and Oshino Suzume will be murdered by a snowman! That's it for today! Have a great day!"

The cheerful girl who had excitedly spouted the time and place of your death was cut off the radio by the sound of static.

The car's electronic clock said it was 4:15.

It had to be nonsense, a spirit's way of messing with your head... After all, how could you be murdered by a snowman-

A roar, a terrible shrieking sound that was barely distinguishable from the wind, cut through those thoughts the instant they appeared, and for a moment, two shining orbs like eyes appeared in the snowstorm before disappearing, seeming to flee as fast as it had appeared... And in spite of how good your eyes were, in spite of the fact that you yourself were something similar in power to a vengeful spirit, the only thing that could really be seen of the monster was it's eyes, and even that was nothing more than brief glimpses at the edges of your vision.

A snowman...

Difficult to see...

Snowstorm, and ice trapping people inside their homes...

It took a moment for the relevant information to click in Saki's head, but the instant it did, a single word appeared in her thoughts.

Wendigo.

The identity of your soon to be assailant.

It's eyes circling you from a distance, the spirit seemed content with just stalking you... For now...

Perhaps something should be done before it changed it's mind.
    Last edited by Airen; April 30th, 2014 at 08:30 PM.
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Blog Entries
    Suzume Oshino
    Night

I don't think that's the usual newscaster. Then again I don't listen to the radio that often.

Certainly weren't the usual news.

"If their predictions regarding snowman murder are as accurate as the weather reports we should be alright."

I'm trying to loosen the tension, but still, I whisper. This whole situation was anything but ordinary, and to be honest, I am scared of what could happen next.

Then the shrieking happened, and my fears confirm themselves.

That wasn't a blizzard.

Far too loud.

And too many eyes.

What we could see were flickers at most. It's probably circling us. Relying on the cover the snowstorm gives it, preparing for a strike at the most opportune moment.

There were just two problems with that kind of tactic.

One. To track it we were not limited to vision alone.

Two. In a scenario of spirits versus humans, we were the hunters.

There was no need to provoke it as we were though.

I try to calm down. I try to assure myself that, with Saki and Megumi around there was no need to be afraid. Because what I am about to do requires composure.

Where are you...

"Relax. Don't let your guard down, but don't tense up. Don't make any sudden movements. Don't give it a reason." I talk to Megumi. Saki already knows what would follow.

She stands there, calmly, almost strangely relaxed for the kind of situation that we found ourselves in. She trusted me, and I do not intend to disappoint her.

Somewhere behind the veil of snow I feel an agitated presence. A hunter. Rushing thoughts. Focus.

Stop.

It's simple. A simple system. Easily stimulated. Easily invaded.

There is no need to attack us.

Calm down.

Stop.

It might not comprehend the words I am thinking. But that does not matter. It does not need to understand. It only needs to feel. Projection of thoughts is beyond my ability. But the feeling I project is universal.

Calm.

Wiseup!
    ESP: Love and Peace

Able to sense the emotions of people around her. She has some semblance of control over this ability, developed due to her usage over 8 years. With this she is able to track people to some degree, more accurate tracking is possible when more intense emotions are felt (like severe distress of a person in danger). Other uses include the anticipation of surprise attacks, lie detection and the ability to easily empathize with and understand people and spirits. Sometimes she is able to read certain images out of people or spirits they strongly associate with an emotion that is felt.

Love and Peace has an active use, being able to calm the person or spirit it is used on. Something inhibits the full function of this ESP, thus it is weakend compared to similar ESP.
    [ESP Ability. Passive. Will be alerted of the location of nearby humans when they are in a critical situation.]
    [ESP Ability. Passive. May be able to tell when someone/something is attempting to lie.]
    [ESP Ability. Passive. Increased ability to read emotional tells.]
    [ESP Ability. Choose a target and attempt to forcibly calm them down through emotional manipulation. Success is decided by coin flip. Should the technique succeed, and the target continues to fight anyway, the damage the target deals that turn to others is reduced by 20%. May have other effects, such as reverting a D-class spirit to an E-Class Spirit. SP Cost: 30]
    Last edited by I3uster; April 26th, 2014 at 02:14 PM.

Blog Entries
    Fushigi Sayara
    New Aoyama, Church Building (?)
    Night (?)

"Of all the places I had to wake up in, it had to be a church..."

I grumble to myself and bring a single hand to my head. Picking myself up off the seat, I reluctantly start to take a look around - a bit of repressed trauma rearing its ugly head. Fortunately enough, this doesn't seem to be the same building that I've come to know, but it still serves to piss me off a little. I mean, with that last thing I remember being me picking a fight in the streets, this just means that another one of these holier-than-thou places managed to pick me up out of the road.

"Honestly..."

Dragging my hand down over my face, I find myself growling- eyes drifting over to the other presence in the room.

"Amazing Vitality! I brought everyone here to recover, but I was beginning to think you would slumber until dawn! Such a thing would be a poor showing from one of the Chosen!"
    So I've been abducted by a loony priest this time... Fan-freaking-tastic... The least he could do is stop being loud and obnoxious on top of everything.

Still, it does seem like he's been busy. Seeing how as no one else in here seems to even be conscious, it seems like he's the one that brought all these people here. I should give him credit for that much, I guess... But he doesn't strike me as the type to do meaningless charity work and his dumb face still annoys me. Not to mention I never got to punch him.

"Hey, Old Man... You mind explaining to me just what the hell is going on here?"
    "I promise nothing." - Sei "Kanra" Slayers
    Resident Sadist. Enjoys stepping and sitting on people.
    Avid lover of butts and anime.

Blog Entries
    Fushigi Sayara
    New Aoyoma, Church Building (Order of Eden)
    Night

Once more, your question is met with nothing but silence. Unlike before however, it is not a mocking silence, but rather the silence of a man who is unsure of how to respond to the question, his arms behind his back, and his eyes closed in what seemed to be quiet contemplation.

Finally however...

"This event... I suppose you could say it's the continuation of eight years ago."

Eyes opening, the loud booming voice you had gotten used to in spite of yourself had grown a tad more calm and serious, as if the man had finally decided you were a person worth taking seriously.

"You are aware of it, correct? Eight years ago, the Kyuubi was summoned into this world," stepping behind the podium as if giving a sermon, the man's holier than thou personality still seemed to be shining through even now, "It is not something that will appear on it's own. It is a being of sin, that must be invoked, called, by a human in order to breach this world... The reason it is called is always different, some want it to grant their desires, while others simply want it to burn the world... But eight years ago, the Kyuubi was summoned in Tokyo Bay, and the result of it's host's wishes, was the creation of people like you."

That was nice to know.

But it still didn't answer the question, at least, not in the way you had wanted him too, and-

"Since the conditions now are the same as the conditions then, I believe it is safe to assume that someone attempted to call the Kyuubi once more, however, I cannot think of a reason for anyone to do so yet, doing such a thing merely speeds up the time of Judgement-"

At that instant.

The priest's voice was cut off by the sound of someone banging heavily on the main door to the chapel.

"...."

Falling silent, the priest does not move to answer it.

"...The chances of that being a benevolent visitor are virtually nonexistent, but worry not, this is a church. Spirits cannot pierce into this place."

Arms crossed, the priest seemed to have grown tired of speaking.

"...I'll be taking everyone from this place at sunrise, so-"

Another knock. This one mocking, the sort of sound an impatient human would make.

And still, the priest ignored it.

"-So would you like to join us? It'd be safest for everyone if we were to travel as a group."
    Last edited by Airen; April 30th, 2014 at 06:38 PM.
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Blog Entries
    Koga Ran
    New Aoyoma, Abandoned Shop
    Night

"Of course."

A blunt, unworried answer that you were starting to think was typical of your partner.

The beast above you rampaging for one reason or another, you recognize the danger of staying here any longer, and sprint across the room for the second entrance, looking behind you every once in awhile in order to ensure that Kimiko hadn't gone and collapsed from the strain behind you. The door, once you reached it, proved to be locked, so it was with a raised foot and a small cry that you kicked it, the rusted metal door bursting from the hinges with only a single kick.

It's a good thing too.

For the instant you escape onto the outside staircase-

"▂▂▃▃▄▄▅▅!!!"

A fist of black miasma crashes against the basement floor behind you as the creature screams again, the sheer force behind the blow letting loose a sound like an explosion, concrete fragments shooting past the both of you as you darted up the stairs. While you were unsure if the beast had attacked because it could sense your movement, or simply because it was in it's nature to destroy things, you took advantage of the fact that it was a dense enough spiritual being that it's body was able to get stuck in the physical wreckage, and kept running away from the building and the dark colossus even as it let loose another impossible, tyrannous roar.

A-Class Spirits, when taking this sort of form, didn't tend to be very agile.

They were bringers of destruction, existences that attacked the lives and world of others directly, and as the thing finally shook itself from the wreckage and came after you, eyes the size of your body peering at you in the darkness, it became clear that this was a truth for this creature as well.

??? AGI revealed as E

If all you wanted to do was keep away from it, then it should be possible with just your body alone, however, it's form was so large that, no matter how far you ran, you were almost completely positive it would always be able to keep you in it's line of sight. Still, for now you kept going, wanting to put as much distance between your group and it as you possibly could, silently thanking the fact that the streets were empty for the most part, void of life, with only the occasional wrecked car to obstruct your frantic pace. Eventually, the roars of the creature lessen, and the feeling of it's hostile intent leaves your body, but two glimmering spheres in the distance, as well as the fact that Kimiko's fastest pace had slowly become a walk, only served to highlight that the struggle had not been avoided.

"Don't look at me like that... This is nothing..."

It was a lie.

Even if she hadn't been a naturally bad liar, you who had experienced the same thing, could tell that it was affecting her.

Carrying her would be the same thing as both of you carrying the stone, and if she couldn't keep up the pace, and you were unwilling to leave her behind, the thing would probably catch up to the both of you here.

Around you, there was just more of the same, empty buildings, empty cars, black fog... And...

"Hey... You two are alive... Right?"

The voice of a young woman whose presence you hadn't been able to feel until just now comes from behind you.

Whirling around once-

You see someone, younger than the both of you, staring at you in a vaguely curious manner.

"You don't want to come this way... Some of the people back there turned into monsters..."

Stating that rather disturbing piece of information as if it was just a depressing fact of life she had to accept, the girl grew silent for a moment before continuing, her eyes widening ever so slightly as her gaze landed on Kimiko.

"...Is she alright? Are you guys running from something?"

Now that you could see her, you got the feeling that she was someone "abnormal," like Kimiko and yourself, but at the same time, her innocent concern also seemed pretty genuine...
    Last edited by Airen; April 29th, 2014 at 03:08 PM.
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Blog Entries
    Night

For those who existed beyond the veil, their emotions were everything. Lacking a body, a mortal shell, the only way for spirits to interact with the world of the living was through use of their soul's power, and the power of one's soul was tied to their feelings.

The power to resist the call to reincarnation because of "regrets."

The power to help the living through "empathy."

The power to hurt the living through "jealousy," or "anger."

It was one of the many 'powers' that existed in living humans as well, but for ghosts, it was the only "power," they had left. Those who lacked it flocked to people or places that possessed it; a house of tragedy draws spirits of disaster, just as a holy place draws those that are benevolent.

In essence, haunted areas were those that were the most charged with lingering emotions.

The spirit facing you now, it's figure hidden in the fog, possessed many powerful emotions. Eight years ago, many people had failed to evacuate the city before the attack of the Kyuubi, and those that remained had not survived for very long. It was quick in some cases, slower in others, but the end result was the same.

The dreams of many had died all in a single night, died in confusion and despair, wondering why it had happened to them, why it had happened to anyone, how a god that could create the world could also be so very cruel...

That confusion had caused them to persist in death, and persisting had enabled them to observe the world as it recovered. As those who had been lucky enough to survive built their lives over the remains of the fallen, daring to live when so many had died.

It was not a fair thought.

It was petty and selfish.

But humans are quite capable of being petty and selfish, it's only natural to lament one's fate.

Those lamentations became anger, anger at their fate, anger at those who lived on, and anger at the world that had allowed it to happen.

And that anger gave birth to a spark of power, and when they came together as one, their similar feelings forming bonds that linked their very souls, that same power gave birth to a monster. A monster born of turbulent feelings, of many people crying out in pain and anger, ready to lash out at everything and anything.

Even knowing this, you reached out to calm that collective mass of anger.

The power granted to you by the strongest spirit beast, a peaceful ability that did not fit the Kyuubi, but represented the desire of one person to help many people.

Calm.

Love and Peace
    Coin Flip: Heads
    Success!

Slowly, the beast stopped.

You still couldn't see it's figure very well, but it's eyes, vivid blue orbs in the snow, had ceased their constant twitching.

The roar was silenced, the killing intent faded, and even the snowstorm seemed to ease up a bit, the harsh chill of the wind letting up ever so slightly.

And then, just like that, it vanished once more into the storm.

It had been for just a moment, but sharing that feeling with them, a feeling of peace and tranquility that they had lacked for years, had been enough for the more "human," part of the creature to decide to leave you alone.

It could be said that such a thing was a change in "fate," itself.

The prophesied deaths would not occur, and so long as there was only the one powerful apparition, you should be able to make your way out of the snowstorm more or less intact.

At least... That was what you thought at first...

Love and Piece

Crisis!

In the distance, someone screamed, a man.

It was not a scream of pain, but rather a war cry, and following that scream...

Was the same shrieking you had just managed to end.

A monster in the snowstorm... Even if it had been docile... Something like a Wendigo was dangerous enough to humans that those aware of the spiritual world would attempt to erase it on sight.

To allow a monster like that to roam was to allow people to die.

"Damn it!"

A fate that seemed to await the one who had pissed it off. You could feel his emotions even from here, a grim feeling of duty, a slight tinge of despair, and the resolve of someone who had walked into this fight knowing that he probably wouldn't win, but that he had to try simply because he couldn't allow it to hurt others later on.

His body was weak.

Not from the monster, but there was a dull "ache," in it that would lead to his death.

Hearing the cry, Megumi's eyes sharpened considerably, and she moved towards it out of what seemed to be instinct.

It seemed like she was the type of person who couldn't ignore something like that.

But you two...

What would you do?
    Last edited by Airen; April 29th, 2014 at 07:43 PM.
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Blog Entries
    Saki Ryuumonbochi
    Night

The calmness Saki had allowed to permeate receded from her mind and in its place flooded annoyance. Crossing her arms Saki cast an aggravated frown into the easing snowstorm. With a loud click of her tongue Saki turned the opposite direction, away from the source of the war cry in the distance.

Saki sensed the weakness in the man’s voice that tore through the snow. No doubt Suzume could also sense the emotions behind that voice. Saki could imagine what they were. The resolve to fight for what was ‘right,’ and the creeping, inescapable fear of defeat. Perhaps that man in the distance wore different emotions under that battle cry that spoke of his own weakness. Maybe there was, instead of resolve, courage, or even fearlessness.

But, no matter what that man felt out there, it meant nothing.

After all, it was his battle now. Suzume had calmed the creature and he had chosen to provoke and anger it himself. Even if he had his own reasons and beliefs for what he did, he had made the fight his own.

His fate was his own.

“My lord, let us go. The battle belongs to that warrior now. Our business with the flesh-eater ended when you soothed the boiling rage in that frozen beast’s soul. It was his decision to attack it. Not ours."

There were few emotions behind those words. Not oppressed, but rather unfelt. The only thing present was impatience, impatience that slowly began to direct itself toward Megumi as she moved toward the battle.

Saki knew. Suzume would choose to help. It was a waste of time to even tell her not to. Suzume would know her true feelings on the matter even had Saki stayed silent. That to Saki this fight was meaningless for them, that it wasn’t their business anymore. There was no ill intent aimed toward that man who had stepped up to challenge the calmed wendigo. The only thing Saki felt about the matter was that she had no place in such a fight.

Saki watched Megumi’s advancing back move toward the fight in the distance, then silently turned to Suzume.

But even if Saki knew the decision Suzume would reach, it still did not change what decision Saki felt was correct. So again, Saki voiced those feelings that needed no voice.

“Let us go. We must find the Master of the Dark Spark. This is no longer our fight.”

Blog Entries
    Suzume Oshino
    Night

It's certainly a reasonable thing to say. When people talk to Saki they don't exactly expect reasonable. She's different. But that's what makes her so valuable to me in the first place. Sadly, this time I have to go against her reasonable demands.

We are Exorcists. Very often vengeful spirits have every right to harass and harm those they haunt, but that doesn't mean we would not vanquish them anyways. We are not agents of revenge, just people that will ensure that the natural order of life and death stays at it was intended.

And that was why we can not let this man die.

It is a selfish thing I ask of her. I can't deal with the Wendigo on my own anyway. But Megumi's reaction informs me that this was in her interest as well.

She doesn't want to let this man die. And as the only witness to our efforts, our, well, my career choice would be severely impaired if we will not take action.

Convincing myself that it was only logical, I speak to Saki. "It is our fight. I tried to prevent him from doing harm. Seems like I failed."

I look into her eyes. "Saki...if it gets too dangerous we can still run. But let's at least give it a look."

Blog Entries
    William Levilius
    New Aoyama, Entertainment District
    Night

William's eyes scanned the scenery. It was a desolate landscape- The tools of men all lied there, blaring their horns and burning into scrap, yet there was not a single man on the streets besides them. To say he was worried would be an understatement. The events that had transpired in just a few minutes already started showing signs of a catastrophe on par with the incident of the Kyuubi from eight years ago.

Advancing through the loud, yet lifeless city, William made his way to the only other human sounds that he could sense. With light steps and his two partners slung over his shoulders, he carefully moved past the dozens of cars, evading them with suprising dexterity. Every few seconds, he would pause to check if there really was nobody else inside them- But the results would always prove the same.

Where had they all gone? William's first thought was that they had been 'spirited away', but normally such a thing is something an exorcist would be able to trace to its source. As far as William could see, there was no trail at all that led to the disappeared people. The entire area was covered in the black mist that revealed a vengeful spirit's nature.

If a spirit had taken any number of people away, they would almost always do so for a special reason. Lingering feelings or dues not repaid could lead them to attack people, and that meant those feelings would linger for some time after the attack. But this dark mist was everywhere... There was nothing else in particular William could tell about the fates of the missing people.

Except, of course, the 'spiriting away' had been done on such a massive scale that it affected the whole city. But that was impossible... Wasn't it? There was nothing that could draw in such a large amount of spirits.

William's eyes barely glanced at the sleeping form of Izumi, before he shook his head and chuckled silently. Idiot, there's no way that's possible.

-At that moment.

William's thoughts held still as the girl's sobbing clearly pierced his ears.

As he stepped past another smashed car, he saw her. Pressed against the ruins of another vehicle was a huddled figure who was trying to hide from the world. Even though she looked about his age, William couldn't help but think she looked frail in her terror. Her wailing was hysteric, as if her heart had been deeply shaken.

Instantly, William's heart was moved, and it longed to silence those cries. It cried out to him, to reassure her that if she was afraid then he would share his strength with her. However, William did not immediately move towards the girl. Before acting, he took a few seconds to observe their current situation.

Something had attacked the people that had been inside those cars, of that William was sure of. He didn't know if it was the work of spirits, but it was as good a thought as any. These girl had clearly been awake for longer than he, and if she had seen what had happened... It would make sense that she would be so scared.

He shouldn't startle the girl, but he realized that making himself noticeable could end up hurting her- He couldn't sense anything, but her gestures indicated that she was desperately trying to hide from something, even if that was reality.

William knew he would go after her. It wasn't that he was weighing whether or not to do it- He would reach out to those who were alone, no matter what. But above all William had learned that rushing in even with the best intentions could make somebody withdraw even more into their fear. First of all, what you had to do was understand. Understand those around you, their power, and what you could do for them with your own strength.

Knowing this, William set down Izumi and Kensuke behind the car he was hiding on. If whatever had caused these people to vanish was sticking around, then William didn't want it to notice the location of his friends. He then snuck to the side, advancing towards the girl while making sure Izumi and Kensuke were still well within his range of sight. This way he would be able to protect them without giving up their location.

Besides, what kind of person would approach a crying girl with two unconscious people slung over their shoulders?

-Then.

Like this, William was confident that he could reach out towards her without alarming her. And with his hands free... There was nobody he could not protect. Even if it would take his life, he would save everything in sight... and then live again.

With these feelings moving his soul, William moved towards the girl. Staying well within distance, he walked towards her, his feelings flaring up as her sobbing intensified.

"Hey..." -William's voice cut through the dark mist as he revealed his presence. He looked at the girl, his eyes sad as he imagined what she must have gone through. Stepping out from the wreckage, he opened up his hands, showing them up in a harmless stance. "...It's alright. I'll protect you, so don't be afraid."

As he said this with an honest smile, inwardly his thoughts sharpened as his supernatural senses took over. He quickly started scanning his surroundings, ready to act at a moment's notice.

No matter what, he wouldn't let harm come to this frightened girl.
    Arthur-san is my waifu
    [20:57] frantic: I can't even remember what opinions I actually hold about the thing compared to shit I made up to piss people off
    [17:13] Airen: Its not an airen character unless gay