Page 135 of 135 FirstFirst ... 3585125130133134135
Results 2,681 to 2,684 of 2684

Thread: Ga Rei: Exodus Nine (IC)

Blog Entries
    Saki Ryuumonbuchi
    Aoyama Ruins

“The same to you. All-or-nothing is off limits, but I’ll permit something-or-nothing.” Holding back a grin at the eyepatched butler’s self-conscious turn away from her, the girl turned away as well. Taking a step, an orb of burning flower petals shone into being beside the boy, radiating heat, swaying with the night air. “You may be used to being in the cold, but try not to catch one.”

Looking down at the pile of rubble she had scaled to reach this height, self-control gave way to an unseen grin.

“Using illness as an excuse never goes well with Phenex, after all. Something tells me the Great Devourer would be even less lenient.”

A similar flame lit up the path in front of the girl as she began her descent back to the ground, silently rubbing her eyes to at least make the effort of appearing presentable.

Quote Originally Posted by The Final Rest
    >>Yamuna>>
    Quote Originally Posted by SeiKeo View Post
    Look, you can't just call something pedophilliac and expect everyone to believe you.

The Time-Governing Twelve Covenants Airen's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mikagura Mika
    Aoyama Ruins

It seemed that Cross was putting forward a bit more effort than her usual; with a tired Genbu having once more retreated into your body for the sake of resting before the final showdown, your own wanderings amongst the ruins of a once glorious park are filled with an ever increasing amount of noise.

If it wasn't the emergency vehicles it was the soldiers, and if it wasn't the soldiers it was the other ESPers and super-powered allies of humanity, with a certain goddess in white and blue standing out from amongst them, but still-

"Tch... Four Factors, huh...? That's some unfair nonsense..."

Standing out in her own way, putting away a thermos and campfire with a snap of her fingers as you approach, Liane Cross has an unusual expression of pure contemplation on her face; she seems to be using her ESP, "Chain of Memories" in an attempt to gain information on the opponent that will be faced come morning, while also giving out orders to suited men and women that come to her every few minutes or so, ordering them out into the city to take care of one task or another, the specifics of their tasks escaped you but...

...You hadn't bothered to really look into it, but she was pretty high up in the SDCD Chain of Command, huh...?

"Oh, Mikagura."

Of course, you hadn't planned on being spotted by her but, now that she's seen you, and that authoritative face has transformed back into a friendly one...

"Good timing, come over here for a bit. I still have to pay you back for helping me out earlier."

...It seems your path is moving in an unexpected direction again.
    Spoiler:
    Death is nothing but a disease.
    But it is one that often comes from all sides.
    An end like that is coming, and yet here you are.

Tell me.

Could you kill someone you love for the sake of everyone else?

What a cynical worldview, Messiah.
    Real heroes would find a different answer.

Right, right.
    The power to break through a sad reality—
    I wonder—

Will they be able to show it to me?

Blog Entries
    Makoto Fujioka
    Aoyama Ruins

"..."

It's not like the bite hurts, but it's still rather alarming that she fails to shake it off, or rather, doesn't even try to do so...

Lost in her own thoughts, the question you pose to her is not the only thing that appears in her thoughts, indeed, differently from normal, it is a question that takes her awhile to acknowledge, to really get around to now that her thoughts are rapidly spinning out of control with the loss of her Summoner, the human that had stood at her side for so long that even it had truly forgotten how it had begun, but...

"...He was a fool, but he wasn't stupid."

...In the end, this is how she answers.

"There were some things in his life that he wanted to protect no matter what; it is not so uncommon a sentiment for human beings. He had the best chance against the Devourer and knew it, so long as it was in that body, his friend's body... He held the best chance, and he used that fact for all it was worth... And ultimately decided to save that friend too..."

It was that connection that had spared the world from "God's Thunder."

With the circumstances as they were, he was the only one that held a real chance from the start. The Devourer had been playing around, the moment it had used even a fraction of it's true worth the party had fallen before it except for him, the reality was that no one else would have been able to deal so devastating a blow to it, at least not in that encounter, and...

"Perhaps that was the real goal all along... Saving as many as he could no matter the cost... He was that kind of guy."

...As sad as it is to say, even she is unsure, but...

One theory that came to mind...

Was that was simply his way of asking "Chronos" to help those children he thought of as his own...

The ones that had forgotten a long past time at a long past orphanage.

...If that was the case.

That God would likely answer.
    Spoiler:

Tell me.

Right, right.
    I wonder—

Blog Entries
    Medrod Pendragon
    Aoyama Ruins

"Umm, yes, I mean, kind of?"

She was a little bit awkward; while the pose and stature immediately brings the image of a Goddess to mind, the way she responds to that question hints at much more human-like imperfections, or at the very least, a convincing show of those human-like imperfections.

"But it wasn't a meeting about you per say, we just talked about the end of the world for a little while... I wanted everyone to help stop it you see? I tried to call out to you as well, but you couldn't hear me... Of course, back then it was probably for the best? You managed to find some peace in your own way, and I think that might not have happened if you had heard me too early..."

A pause, then:

"Ah, but yes, it wasn't a meeting about you! Mikagura knows you because that is her 'ability,' and I know who you are because I know who every human is, it is my job to know, and so I do."

She says this in a very matter of fact way, but also with a small smile.

"My name is Yamuna. I protect Humanity's 'Heart,' that distant Sea of Souls... It's nice to meet you while you are capable of remembering me."
    Spoiler:

Tell me.

Right, right.
    I wonder—