Page 86 of 86 FirstFirst ... 367681848586
Results 1,701 to 1,706 of 1706

Thread: Ga Rei: Exodus Nine (IC)

Blog Entries
    Mikagura Mika
    Sora's Residence - Nameless Village

I refuse to comment about the movie. I’d rather not. I didn’t hate it, per se, but I didn’t really like it, either.

Enough about dismal topics. Let’s not think about how your godmother is an otaku and that she wants you to eat hamburgers of all things. Can she make up her mind about which side of the ocean her tastes lie? Ah, no, Mika, don’t criticize her. You’re not here to be a downer—no, you’re a supportive and loving godchild even if she did keep you in the dark for over eleven years. Focus on that feeling of caring.

“I don’t really have a preference,” I honestly say. Is this her normal routine? Making weird western meals while watching anime? There’s something bizarre about all of this. Crazy, even.

I feel… I feel that fate, that dreaded, accursed thing, is simply screwing with me for its own enjoyment.

Gah.
    [Feb/Wed/04|07:00:04] <Lianru> it's ok with each stalker call I feel like we get a little closer
    [Feb/Wed/04|07:00:06] <Lianru> never give up
    Quote Originally Posted by Dranes
    Tang normally has bad taste, anyway...

asians before testing week

Blog Entries
    Mikagura Mika
    Sora's Residence - Nameless Village

"Hmm, alright."

Seemingly placated by your poker face, the woman who was showing increasingly more bizarre tastes in both the media and food she liked to consume, wanders over to the fridge with a practiced air, expression more contemplative than anything else, before withdrawing far more ingredients than what would be necessary for simple hamburgers; and since the movie wasn't drawing your attention so much now that the reason you were watching it had wandered off to do all of this, your eyes flicker over to her more and more often as you try to figure out whether fate was trying to mess around with you again.

The fridge and cabinets, like the other modern parts of the house, was well-stocked with a variety of things. From more normal ingredients like rice and sweet potatoes, to more blatant over-the-seas fare like the aforementioned hamburger meat, or what seemed to be a leftover package of barbecue ribs, Sora doesn't seem to have any particular taste in food at all, and rather just... Seems to have a bit of everything.

This in itself is rather strange, but...

Withdrawing more and more food as time passes, she who had at first thought about simply making hamburgers, instead winds up cooking what could only be called a feast, a group of things that would normally be considered far too much for just two people. It's something that would make her seem even more strange, a bizarre reaction to your declaration that you "don't really have a preference," but...

...She's good at it.

That's something you had noticed right from the start.

Lightly humming to herself as she went about steaming rice, making pasta sauce from scratch for a pizza she had somehow made in its entirety in a three minute gap, grilling chicken for the salads, and using an entirely separate grill and gloves for the hamburgers, going about it all with a casual but firm determination that made it even more outstanding when she started acting like a Benihana chef and cut the burger meat into many equal pieces mid-flip, the spatula shining through the air like a small sword...

You had known she was an ace.

An instinctive understanding that as a person she was "excellent at a lot of things," but...

Looking at this... You begin to perhaps... Understand why...

Simply put, around in this house...

She had little else to do but watch movies and cook.

Her existence seemed to be dictated by the whims of her boss, so... Maybe...

That really was it?

Minor Perk
    A Kuzunoha's Kitchen

A young woman from the country, Sora seems to have an innate talent for cooking of all styles, a result not just of her own personal experimentation with making things from other countries, but also the passed down knowledge of her adopted parents, as well as a certain best friend of hers. Having failed to find cooking very interesting until that same best friend dropped a certain responsibility in her lap, it seems that the adult Sora has become a five-star chef in preparation for "taking care of someone," although even when that didn't come to pass in the end, it seems that it also swiftly developed into a pure hobby over time.

And as someone who is effectively on the "leash," of other entities, due to the nature of her position, she has embraced her hobbies to an outstanding extent.

A person capable of meeting even the most absurd demands of picky guests, it seems that this, like many of her other skills, is a talent that she forced into existence with pure force of will.

---

Naturally, or perhaps unfortunately, it seems that other than water, the only thing she had at the house was Sake.

And while you were technically too young to drink, Sora didn't seem to be that much of a hardass (it was hard for ESPers to get drunk anyway), so you were free to do as you pleased, but...

"...Alright, alright... I'm a goddamn coward..."

It seems Sora, who wasn't an ESPer, had been slightly affected by the whole thing.

Something probably not helped by the fact that she had cooked so much with it.

"Let's do it. I'll talk," not exactly drunk, but definitely a bit more.. relaxed, than before, the woman has a hand to her head even as the sun outside goes down, "I know you don't remember much, you were a kid, go ahead, ask away. I'll tell you whatever I know."
    Last edited by Airen; Yesterday at 10:25 AM.
    Spoiler:
    Death is nothing but a disease.
    But it is one that often comes from all sides.
    An end like that is coming, and yet here you are.

Tell me.

Could you kill someone you love for the sake of everyone else?

What a cynical worldview, Messiah.
    Real heroes would find a different answer.

Right, right.
    The power to break through a sad reality—
    I wonder—

Will they be able to show it to me?

Blog Entries
    Watanabe Tomoya
    Theme Park ~ Dream Aoyama
    Afternoon

"No giant skeletons," wiping at the inside of a glass with a clean cloth, Maiya calmly chooses not to comment on the sudden role reversal, "Lots of wraiths though, and some guy screaming that he was Hercules... Might have lost that one."

Ah.

Well, that was just life.

And, closer to you...

"Oh? Is that so?"

Seemingly pleased by your response, Kusumi responds to a smile with a smile, face flushing slightly at the unexpected praise.

"That's good then," slightly awkwardly, the woman grips her own sandwich with two hands as if she means to eat it, "I was about to say it was surprising, your mother seems like the type that would do this sort of thing for you, but... Yes, after witnessing it... That skill is unfortunate."

She was saying it politely, but you both knew what she meant.

Your mother was someone who could burn water.

As excellent as she was in charisma and battle...

Food could not be charmed.

It was a shame, really.

At least your sister could make the basics.

Your brother probably could do a bit better than them both, but...

Well.

He was blatantly avoiding you.

"I am not very talented myself, but if you'd like, I could start preparing lunches for work. I was given free access to the kitchen pantry last night."
    Last edited by Airen; Yesterday at 08:25 AM.
    Spoiler:

Tell me.

Right, right.
    I wonder—

Blog Entries
    Makoto Fujioka
    Nakamura Residence
    After Dawn

It had been a few days since the meeting with Chiyoko.

In spite of the woman's apparent reversal of time for your sake, Kyoko had failed to reawaken for the remainder of the day. Her vitals had been strong so you hadn't worried too much about it, but she hadn't reawakened for a number of hours after the initial curry incident, and when she had, she had been acting strangely tired and fatigued, as if she had just gotten through some sort of day-long fight, and was just beginning to have a chance to rest.

...Her attitude had been slightly altered too, as if there was something weighing on her mind, but when you had asked, she had just dismissed it as nothing, saying that she had just crashed from a lack of caffeine.

Needless to say, the date had been cut a bit short.

But taking it in stride, more worried that Kyoko simply hadn't seemed to be feeling well for awhile than anything else, you had left her to recover for as long as she needed too.

She hadn't been at her usual spot this morning, so you figured she was probably fine.

Nevertheless-!

Today, you had a mission.

A mission that had required you storming the Nakamura's residence at about seven in the morning; while this would have been much too early for most families to even consider inviting someone into the house, you knew, from prior experience, that Kimiko at least would be awake at this hour, going through her daily training routine in the yard behind their massive house, before she disappeared into parts unknown for the rest of the day, and-

"Hmmm?"

Rubbing her eyes, a clearly fatigued Nakamura Megumi, answers the door with eyes like that of a hermit, eyes squinting in the burning light of the morning sun.

-Megumi just plain didn't seem to sleep.

"Oh? Fujioka-kun?"

Recognizing you by sight even as she closes her eyes to yawn, the woman automatically opens the door further to let you inside.

"Can I help you with something?"
    Spoiler:

Tell me.

Right, right.
    I wonder—

Watanabe Tomoya
    Theme Park - Dream Aoyama
    Afternoon

"No giant skeletons. Lots of wraiths though, and some guy screaming that he was Hercules... Might have lost that one."

"Mm," I nodded companionably, "Fought some weird fetishist who was screamin' some bull about bein' a god or whatever."

If gods are anything like that piece 'a work, glad they're outta the picture.

Asshole.

My attention shifted slightly, however, to the far more pressing engagement.

"Oh? Is that so?"

Kusumi smiled and flushed prettily, preening slightly at the well-earned praise.

Hah, still got it. Must'a gotten used to those peppers, too.

"That's good then. I was about to say it was surprising, your mother seems like the type that would do this sort of thing for you, but... Yes, after witnessing it... That skill is unfortunate."

Ah, mother. You're beautiful, deadly, and graceful beyond measure.

And also completely helpless in a kitchen. Food was beyond her charms, she, unfortunately, could not sweet-talk any of her creations to be anything other than disasters of an improbable level.

How does water even get burned?

Junko could make enough to get by, Josuke was about as good as I used to be before I left, judging from the brief, small dish he left at the funeral.

Pop was always the best, though. Got weirdly passionate about it, must'a been something in that martial arts stuff I couldn't wrap my head around.

Still, I feed people and they give me money, so I'm doing something right.

If we put our heads together, maybe I'd be able to badger him into gettin into a food contest or something. If only the guy wouldn't keep avoiding me.

I know you're around here somewhere! Mocking me for my lack of subtlety!

Foolish little brother, one day, I shall have my revenge.

"I am not very talented myself, but if you'd like, I could start preparing lunches for work. I was given free access to the kitchen pantry last night."

"Mm? Ah, that'd be a fine idea, don't feel like ya gotta go a million percent, you're already workin tables."

Getting a bit tired of being called a house-husband by some drunk 'clever' asshole.

Hm, could make 'em a house special or something, charge a bit extra, home-cooked and all that, needs some sort of cool name to make it stand out...

Need to workshop this. Might expand a bit, could be between her, I, and whoever else I can con into the kitchen we can start making some real meals.

Maybe, maybe.

Makoto Fujioka
    Nakamura residence
    After Dawn

Sneak, sneak, sneaking, sneak, sneak, sneaking.

Creeping along the outer wall I go over again and again everything I’ve learned about sneaking as I tried again and again to catch everyone off guard to hug them over the years. Facing against someone like Kimichi meant that one wrong move would result in her disappearing into the shadows like she always does! Stealth, absolute stealth would be required, no getting caught!

Understanding the gravity of the situation I hone my mind and spirit to their limits! Just wait Kimichi I’ll show you, nyahaha today the forever out of reach kimichi will be caught by me!

I don’t think things can stay the same anymore…

So that’s why I need to…

Sneak, sneak, sneaking, sneak, sneaking.

Closing in on the door I ring the doorbell and prepare. The opening as someone gets the door will last only a moment! So I need to put everything into this. Sneaking, sliding, go time!

As the door opens I exact the plan, using the dazzle of the sunlight I’ll slip around the corner in an instant, avoiding all detection victory will be mine!

"Oh? Fujioka-kun?”

Recognizing you by sight even as she closes her eyes to yawn, the woman automatically opens the door further to let you inside.

"Can I help you with something?"

Fweh!?!

Uouuuuu, recoiling as Megane effortlessly steps forward and catches me before I can sneak around like the wind …guess I should have tried to sneak more like Kyoto.

Mmmmrrr not over! Rising back up from the pit of despair I reach up and hug Megane to pull her down, standing up like that is no good!

“Sssssh secret mission, gotta be careful Megane or you’ll get caught! And if we’re caught Kimichi will disappear like she always does!

Sneaky ~.”

Staring into her eyes I instruct her in the vital importance of stealth. Failure is not an option! Defeat is not allowed! Kimichi can’t be allowed to escape! So that’s why we must sneak past each room with the utmost of stealth, no maid shall sense us, no Akido shall hear us, no Hitomimi shall see us! The divine invincible win-

“Mmmm Megaaaaaaane meanie! Its Makoto, Ma-ko-to, better then Fujioka… Mmm its warmer!”

Realize how she made the mistake she always makes I launch my counter attack as I indignantly puff up my cheeks. Megane big meanie.

“Ah…”

No that’s not all she messed up like she always does…

“Meeeeegaaaaaaaaneeeeeee did you sleep?”

Staring dead on and vibrating because I already know the answer.

“Grrrrrrrrrr don’t be like Ane-san because if you’re like Ane-san then Ane-san will be like you and stay up all night! I won’t let you do that it’s not good for you! No no sleeping or I’ll drag you there myself!”

Soul burning at the eternal battle, Ane-san, Megane, always pushing themselves when they shouldn’t and never properly looking after themselves, no good! An eternal battle that I undertook with all my might, they might be hopeless but I wouldn’t let it end like that. So since I first realize the problem I had begun to fight back. If they refused to look after themselves I would do it for them, eternal vow, no defeat! That’s why no matter how many times they might escape I would still chase them anyway, looking after what they ignore, helping when they need a hand and more! …They were always so warm …so I wanted to do everything I could so I could stay with them forever.

“Hehehehe, warm.”

Caught up in the memories of warmth I simply hug Megane again with all my strength.