Page 94 of 94 FirstFirst ... 448489929394
Results 1,861 to 1,866 of 1866

Thread: Ga Rei: Exodus Nine (IC)

Blog Entries
    Jacques Dussault
    Aoyama ~ Makeshift Prison
    Afternoon

"..."

For a moment, the dark haired woman simply stares at you with those same emotionless eyes, the same eyes that you were beginning to think were her actual normal state, but, eventually...

"...I see. So you were the one she was talking about."

Her words imply a certain meeting between herself and the woman you were looking for.

"...Mina is fine," still speaking in Japanese, the woman doesn't seem to care which language she uses, "She was here a few hours ago. She wanted some advice about certain aspects of her life, so I gave them to her; she brought me breakfast as a thank you, in spite of the fact that it is quite unnecessary. I am, ultimately, a prisoner after all."

...It is remarkably helpful.

Having half-expected the woman to just brush you off, she instead shows a surprising willingness to answer the question... In spite of the fact that she is clearly being purposefully vague about certain aspects of her answers.

"If she is avoiding you... I can confirm there is certainly a reason for it. I doubt you need to feel offended by it."
    Spoiler:
    Death is nothing but a disease.
    But it is one that often comes from all sides.
    An end like that is coming, and yet here you are.

Tell me.

Could you kill someone you love for the sake of everyone else?

What a cynical worldview, Messiah.
    Real heroes would find a different answer.

Right, right.
    The power to break through a sad reality—
    I wonder—

Will they be able to show it to me?

Blog Entries
    Jacques Dussault
    Afternoon

"...I see. So you were the one she was talking about."

I thought she was going to bore a hole in my skull before talking, so that's nice.

"And asking you about what she said would be out of the question? I can't say I'm not a curious, nosy, desperate-to-learn what people say about me kind of guy... but I'll respect that."

"...Mina is fine. She was here a few hours ago. She wanted some advice about certain aspects of her life, so I gave them to her; she brought me breakfast as a thank you, in spite of the fact that it is quite unnecessary. I am, ultimately, a prisoner after all. If she is avoiding you... I can confirm there is certainly a reason for it. I doubt you need to feel offended by it."

"I see..."

She's being pretty helpful. That's good, if surprising.

"I won't ask. If she's fine, if I shouldn't be offended... whatever. At least she's not coughing up blood in an alleyway. But, look," I fall onto my ass, criss-cross on the ground in front of Gisela.

"Yeah, I have no idea how she knows you. I thought she was a normal person, even if she's obsessed with Dracula..."

I look up at the ceiling for a little bit. There aren't any murals to ponder, or mirrors to marvel at. Just some fans. Not even artistic ones, too, which is a real tragedy in miniature.

"I'm going to level with you, Gisela. And this is a pretty weird turn of events, but this whole week has been odd so I'm willing to let it go."

I lock eyes with her again.

"This gi- woman. Mina. I really like her, you know? I'll be straight. And I'm a little hurt that she's avoiding me, because I figured we were decent enough friends, and I promised myself I'd keep an eye out for her if she got caught up in something like this. Seems to me like she doesn't want to meet face to face. Seems to me like it'd make her uncomfortable. Seems to you that she has a good reason for it. But I'm thinking..."

I rest my chin in my palms, considering my words.

"Ever since the Kyuubi showed up I've been running away. Even when I've convinced myself not too, I've still felt that fear in my heart. A little voice saying it might be best to just let things go, or to turn away from the scene."

I start to absently roll a bead of shadow between my fingers, no bigger than a marble.

"And maybe it's right, and maybe the other, softer voice that says 'you're a man, aren't you, so go up and scream in its face' is right, and maybe both of them are or neither... do you think I should just let her go? Give up on looking for her?"

Because in my heart, I don't think I want to.

"Can't believe I'm dumping this in your lap. Of all the things..."
    Last edited by Mooncake; Yesterday at 10:02 PM.

Blog Entries
    Jacques Dussault
    Afternoon

"...Do I seem like the boogeyman to you?"

Having listened silently to your entire speech, the woman that had unflinchingly looked you in the eye the entire time, seems to decide that she must start from the beginning before she responds. Because of the way she is however, it takes you a moment to get why she's asking you such a thing, but eventually it clicks...

Saying that Mina was a normal person, and thus couldn't know who she was...

...That was what she had found slightly offensive.

"I eat and sleep just like anyone else... She knows me from the cafe, I used to dine there during sunrise."

It's normal.

It's too normal.

Like a slap in the face, this sudden, unexpected side to the woman is something that would have caught all of her targets, those who had seen her cut loose and turn into a one-woman youkai banishing army, completely and totally off guard.

Sitting directly across from you, she sighs, a hint of some sort of emotion slipping through.

"She is avoiding you because she is afraid of herself," unwilling to completely speak the truth, the woman instead decides to simply hint at it, "She is only willing to speak with me because these circles are here, even then, she keeps it short and to the point."

Arms cross, her posture is immaculate.

"...Her reason is valid. But whether to continue to pursue or not, that is an action that you must choose for yourself. If you feel that you've been a coward up until now, and that idea bothers you... Then don't you already know what you want to do? It sounds like you just want me to confirm it for you."

To her it is obvious.

Of course, she is not the greatest counselor, nor does she want to be one.

But it seemed that this was her fate.

"...Life is not so easy as to always have easy rights and wrongs. When it comes down to it, you can only do what you think is right, and that will have to be enough... But that is life."
    Spoiler:
    Death is nothing but a disease.
    But it is one that often comes from all sides.
    An end like that is coming, and yet here you are.

Tell me.

Could you kill someone you love for the sake of everyone else?

What a cynical worldview, Messiah.
    Real heroes would find a different answer.

Right, right.
    The power to break through a sad reality—
    I wonder—

Will they be able to show it to me?

Blog Entries
    Jacques Dussault
    Afternoon

"...Do I seem like the boogeyman to you?"

"You know, a bit. I think that's pretty natural when you come out of nowhere, trying to kill me."

"I eat and sleep just like anyone else... She knows me from the cafe, I used to dine there during sunrise."

That's... I should have expected it, but it's something I couldn't really imagine. It'd be like Godzilla sitting down for tea. Renard the Fox coming home to roost in your attic.

"She is avoiding you because she is afraid of herself. She is only willing to speak with me because these circles are here, even then, she keeps it short and to the point."

"...Huh."

"...Her reason is valid. But whether to continue to pursue or not, that is an action that you must choose for yourself. If you feel that you've been a coward up until now, and that idea bothers you... Then don't you already know what you want to do? It sounds like you just want me to confirm it for you."

I listen in silence. She's not wrong.

"...Life is not so easy as to always have easy rights and wrongs. When it comes down to it, you can only do what you think is right, and that will have to be enough... But that is life."

"...I know."

Paris. Tokyo. Aix-en-Provence. Avignon. Aoyama, again.

And here...

"I don't know what's happened to her. You wouldn't tell me if I asked, anyways, and I won't. Either way," I stand up.

"You're right. I've already decided."

I look at her still, shackled up without the chains, walls, or silence of a prison cell.

"Do you mind telling me which way she went? And," I pause, a little uncomfortable.

"Thank you. You didn't have to help."
    Last edited by Mooncake; Yesterday at 10:09 PM.

Blog Entries
    Saki Ryuumonbuchi
    Ryuumonbuchi Residence, Early Morning

Adversity.

It could be called the most powerful driving force for the species called “humanity.” Even those that deviated from the base form of man, the Children of the Kyuubi, moved with that impetus. Wanting to protect, wanting to destroy, wanting to change, wanting to resist change; all of these things were fueled by adversity. In the face of adversity all are compelled to strengthen, or to be annihilated.

One might assume that the strength adversity might draw out of humans is limited, but hearing her mother speak of it as she did, so matter of fact, Saki truly understood just how great adversity could be.

Though, seeing that the foremost example of adversity’s potency was her mother…

Perhaps it wasn’t adversity that was truly great, but Ryuumonbuchi Kazuno.

“Even still,” adversity, and her mother, even as great as they were, weren’t the only things that could bring just any human to such heights, “you weren’t just an ordinary human, were you, mother?”

She never did talk about herself much. Even if Saki knew her mother she didn’t know about her mother. Thinking about it, this might be the most she’d ever spoken about something like this openly. Even if she was doing her usual and treating things that were clearly outside of the realm of normality as simple affairs, as though it was expected that they happened, and equally expected that she did whatever was needed to resolve them. A war, one which she called a farce, against Demons and Gods might not be something anyone else would expect to prevail in the face of.

Even still, it was that total lack of normality that made Saki proud of her mother.

[13:37] <Zz> Spin is special

Watanabe Tomoya
    Watanabe Residence ~ Dream Aoyama
    Night

"Heard a bit about it from mom after it all went down, quite the bitch bloodsucker..."

He stone-faces admirably under the horrible sounds from the Den of Evil.

Or maybe it's in response to my face.

I should've gone to those anger-management classes instead of blowing them off to go punch monsters.

Ah well, que sera, sera.

"Heard a few rumors back in the other city. Nothing concrete, but it's the same shit that happened to the old man, so it's worth looking into I guess, the world is apparently full of all sorts of crazy shit."

I nodded indulgently, tapping my fingers against the couch slightly. Get to the point, I have my patience but you've hit a weak spot.

We all know where this is going, you wouldn't bring it up if you didn't have a reason.

"You're finally back in town, and I've been a bit of an asshole lately, so I figured you might want in on the hunting. You and me, tomorrow, you interested?"

I straightened up, looking at him steadily.

I took a moment to think this through, my little brother was like me, a bit, maybe smarter and less reckless, but we were both stubborn jackasses who'd dig in our heels if we thought we were right about something.

S'Why I wasn't too surprised when he didn't show up to give me a big ol' hug. He had to carry the weight. I feel one way, he feels the other.

So when he comes in, asking for my help. It's pretty big.

Course, Draculina was a tough bitch, if I didn't have that weird power, I'm not sure what might've gone down.

Must be that big brain he's got, if he'd go and ask for back-up.

"Sure," I grunted, "Need to give that bitch one from Ma."