Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123458 ... LastLast

Thread: Fate/MoeMoe Revival

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Another question: So when we get hugpillowed, are we basically gone for good? Like, we can't participate as a side character or something?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    there aren't enough gun emojis in the thousandfold trichiliocosm for this shit

Linger: Complete. August, 1995. I met him. A branch off Part 3. Mikiya keeps his promise to meet Azaka, and meets again with that mysterious girl he once found in the rain.
    Shinkai: Set in the Edo period. DHO-centric. As mysterious figures gather in the city, a young woman unearths the dark secrets of the Asakami family.
    The Dollkeeper: A Fate side-story. The memoirs of the last tuner of the Einzberns. A record of the end of a family.
    Overcount 2030: Extra x Notes. A girl with no memories is found by a nameless soldier, and wakes up to a world of war.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayakashi View Post
    Is it possible that I RP as a Servant rather than a Master? :P
    Would add more dynamic with interaction, and emulate a real Master-Servant relationship where one sometimes has to wonder what their partner is doing.
    I considered it, but only if we get enough players in this RP. The problem with this is that while yes, it does make things more dynamic, it slows down the RP considerably, and slow RP can easily equate to death.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
    Another question: So when we get hugpillowed, are we basically gone for good? Like, we can't participate as a side character or something?
    Not exactly. There's a reason being hugpillowed is better than getting killed ;D

Overly devoted enthusiasm... fufufu~ Ayakashi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KitsuneKo View Post
    I considered it, but only if we get enough players in this RP. The problem with this is that while yes, it does make things more dynamic, it slows down the RP considerably, and slow RP can easily equate to death.
    I understand the risks, but it can also actually make things faster -- an author will not have to work on a personality that they're not so familiar with / will give less work for the GMs in the long run. The Gain or Loss of speed is really relative to the player.

Blog Entries
    I actually am looking forward to having a Servant with unpredictable reactions and with a separateish personality that could seriously conflict so let's not have player Servants.

Quote Originally Posted by Country Preacher View Post
    I actually am looking forward to having a Servant with unpredictable reactions and with a separateish personality that could seriously conflict so let's not have player Servants.
    I think that you're missing what I mean - the Players that RP the Servant are different from the players that RP the Master.

Blog Entries
    Yes that's what I'm thinking and I maintain.

How would that lead to unpredictable Servants and unpredictable reactions? I suppose that you mean you'd get to read everything your Servant is doing in response to you and have a glimpse of their thoughts?

If that is so, I suppose that this is a valid point, although the mystery could easily be maintained by RPing ala 3rd Person or some other methods of narration. Granted, not everyone can pull that off... but then, standards are something that exist in RPs, don't they?

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries
    More players = Slower RP

Having players RP the Servants is a Grade A bad idea.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayakashi View Post
    How would that lead to unpredictable Servants and unpredictable reactions? I suppose that you mean you'd get to read everything your Servant is doing in response to you and have a glimpse of their thoughts?

If that is so, I suppose that this is a valid point, although the mystery could easily be maintained by RPing ala 3rd Person or some other methods of narration. Granted, not everyone can pull that off... but then, standards are something that exist in RPs, don't they?
    The natural arc of two players put on the same team is to shape character in such a way that is optimal for winning the game, basically. The GM does not have this kind of interest.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloble View Post
    More players = Slower RP

Having players RP the Servants is a Grade A bad idea.
    Not necessarily. If you have GMs taking care of Servants, they will have to think of the characters themselves and give them fluffy personality, all for Seven Servants, while if a player takes care of their own Servant and they're dedicated, things can advance quite quickly because they're already in character and thus only really have to write for one character.

The one downside is that it requires to equally dedicated players, that I reckon is a truth, but it is the combo that has the most potential imo when played right.

Quote Originally Posted by Country Preacher View Post
    The natural arc of two players put on the same team is to shape character in such a way that is optimal for winning the game, basically. The GM does not have this kind of interest.
    It depends on how good of in-character placement the writers are. A GM will not have all of his time to put himself in-character and dedicate himself/herself to the personality of one Servant - their work will be spread across many things. A single writer that knows well how to characterize their Servant could easily even end up on conflicting ends with their Master.

You just said that: "The natural arc of two players put on the same team is to shape character in such a way that is optimal for winning the game, basically."

It is true that to a certain extent, everyone joins an RP and wish that they could win it, but is that really what is at the heart of RPing?
    A good RPer would know how to not Metagame - even, the GMs can just stick Servants and Masters together that don't have that great of a synergy. Role Playing is not only about playing-part, it's about the Role too, and that means, remaining IC.

Blog Entries
    Speaking from what is probably one of the longer experiences on the matter player Servants have never gone against player Masters in a significant way of their own accord, and I suspect that you couldn't design a system to force them to do so without just being bad. You're all right but I don't observe it.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Trust me, in every Grail War RP, PC Masters and PC Servants bogs everything down. BL already has super slow RPs, we don't need to make this one even slower.

7 Masters have entered the War. The last 2 Servants are still in the process of being summoned.

However, it's not unheard of to have up to two more Masters attend.

Someone needs to make a Character with a crapton of Strength and Luck. Like, almost everyone is a proper "Mage," so building with Mage Killer Parameters will make you pretty effective, in an anti-meta kind of way.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Caster's Avatar
    I hope I wind up getting in. Kind of curious what class I'd get if so.

Huzzah, Archer has been summoned!

Now, tomorrow should be the day this RP is started. Caster should be summoned around that time. I'd like a PM from the Masters who haven't PM'd me yet after I've sent you your Servant sheets (You know who you are ).

Certain Servant Sheets were changed, so once the war has started I will send to the Masters whose Servants I've updated an updated sheet. Your Master movesets will also be sent, and I will be giving some heads up towards how the combat will work. You should be able to understand how the stats work in conjunction with the skills and Noble Phantasms you've been given.

Edit: An 8th Master is still allowed, but no more than that. So if you want to submit a sheet, tomorrow is the last day.
    Last edited by KitsuneKo; March 29th, 2014 at 03:15 AM.

I will be sending each of you your movesets and updated Servant Sheets very soon, along with hidden parameters (HP & MP). Almost every Servant has undergone some sort of Change.

I'm waiting on Caster's Master for a few things right now, so I finished other business pertaining to the RP while I was at it. If I don't get Caster's information soon, I can start the RP IC and give the setting while we get Caster in. The RP IC will start between a grace period of the war, anyhow.

Please check the first page to get an idea of the RP combat mechanics. They have been written now, for your viewing benefit.
    Last edited by KitsuneKo; March 29th, 2014 at 06:43 PM.

All of the Servants have been summoned! However, this does not mean that there will be no place for new players to join this RP. There will be other roles that will come to exist along the way, for those still interested.

The IC will begin very shortly. As for combat structure, it will most likely occur through a separate Battle Log thread, that the GMs will do their best to maintain cleanly and organized. I'm planning it to be that when a battle occurs, a link will be made from the IC thread into the battle log, and the battle log will record the battle and its results, including defeat, retreat, dakimakurazation, etc.

The structure for the RP will be that in battle, players will control both their Servant and Master. However, in IC, Servant will be controlled by GMs while Masters are controlled by players. This way, the RP can be allowed to flow smoothly in combat while also adding dynamic to the characterization.

I'm really looking forward to the IC starting. I'll get to working on the post, so please leave posts here to discuss the upcoming Akasshic War Cycle, and anything else you may want to discuss OoC here.

Like bragging about how awesome the Servant you got is without revealing its identity.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Will I be able to control Berserker like an ordinary Servant in a battle? I mean, normally that kind of Servant would just go wild on its own, and I'm wondering how that translates to IC mechanics.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Caster's Avatar
    You have to roll a d20, and each number has different actions. Most of them are "Berserker is thrashing about" though.

Jokes aside, I'll try to be as active as I can in the RP. I really like the way it's set up so far, and I like the way you did the rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloble View Post
    Will I be able to control Berserker like an ordinary Servant in a battle? I mean, normally that kind of Servant would just go wild on its own, and I'm wondering how that translates to IC mechanics.
    In battle, you should be able to control your Berserker normally, although it would be more fun if you threw around some flavour text for the interaction between your Servant and Master.

I think your Master has the sufficient Magic Circuits to control Berserker... lol.

Normally, what the Mad Enhancement does is lock out your NPs and other skills. For the most part, Berserker Servants still listened to their Masters, they were just a humongous strain on the MP of the Master. Your Berserker is a bit special, but keep in mind your Berserker is more expensive to upkeep than other Servants regardless. In Battle, your Berserker shouldn't be able to perform extremely high cognitive functions like super fancy moves and jumps, but there are still a lot of abilities that you are able to use with your Berserker due to a certain skill.

Edit: Keep in mind that moves should be GM approved before being being finalized, but for the most part unless you want more conflic you'll be able to control Berserker as any other Servant, but with less versatility when it comes to combat.
    Last edited by KitsuneKo; March 30th, 2014 at 03:25 AM.