Page 1 of 94 12361151 ... LastLast

Thread: Kayneth Archibald El-Melloi - Second Chances (Would you do better?)

Blog Entries

Kayneth Archibald El-Melloi - Second Chances (Would you do better?)

As the bullet ripped through his body and he begged for his own death, he began to question himself.

What did he do wrong? Why did it have to end like this? A shell of his former self he was not the man he once was.

Why....? Why.......? WHY!?

It was only from the mercy of the knight did he finally fade away.

And thus ended the life of Kayneth Archibald El-Melloi killed by the very things he hated most and betrayed the one he loved.

Bad End.

“Attention Passengers, our flight will be landing shortly please stay seated while the plane begins to land.”

'Wha!?' Kayneth was not the kind of person suited to long distance travel. Rather he preferred to stay in the comfort of his lecture hall or laboratory undergoing various experiments and with the eyes of his students ferociously engaged in his lectures.

So it was startling to himself that he drifted even if it was only for a moment. And what was that dream?

Even though he tried to remember it escaped his thoughts like trying to grasp water as it fell from the sky. Oh well it probably wasn't anything important he thought to himself.

Taking a quick glance out the window he got a glimpse of the skyscrapers that dotted the city slowing coming into view, larger and larger they grew as the plane made its descent through the sky and onto the ground below.

Yes this was his chance to show his glory, he would accomplish the honor that he had been blessed with, the chance for him to shine. And soon the entire Association would know of his name, no not just the Association the entire world! He would show them all just how great he was!

Kayneth Archibald El-Melloi – Second Chances (Would you do better?)

Kayneth's past...

The cloak of the conqueror...

1. was lost with a grudge.
    2. was guarded with extreme care.
    3. was passed over for another.

He travels with...

1. his beloved.
    2. an unnamed associate.
    3. no one.

Alright folks it seemed to garner a little interest so I figured I might as well give it a go once again. For those of you who don't know, this is an interactive fanfic starring the one and only Kayneth Archibald El-Melloi. The premise is quite simple I write the story then present you with some questions and you give me your choice or alternately if I state it then write your own suggestion after a day or so I'll keep going and we continue this formula all the way until we reach a good end. (I have a feeling that might take a while though.)

I believe that my response period will be somewhere in between a day and a week I hope to find some sort of regular scheduled response period but for now it will be a bit spotty as I work things out so with that said let's begin shall we?

As always questions and comments are welcomed if you have anything you think I might have missed or could have done better please feel free to say so I love that kind of stuff.

Parts:

Part 2
    Part 3
    Part 4
    Part 5
    Part 6
    Part 7
    Part 8
    Part 9
    Part 10
    Part 11
    Part 12
    Part 13
    Part 14
    Part 15
    Part 16
    Part 17
    Part 18
    Part 19
    Part 20
    Part 21
    Part 22
    Part 23
    Part 24
    Part 25
    Part 26
    Part 27
    Part 28
    Part 29
    Part 30
    Part 31
    Epilogue
    Survey
    Z End
    Last edited by Milbunk; November 14th, 2014 at 05:04 AM.

Blog Entries
    ....it's hard for me not to automatically start editing for spelling and grammar as I read this.

Going with 2 and 1 for now.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    1) was lost with a grudge.
    2) an unnamed associate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Mate, that's noice as fuck! Vagrant's Avatar
    Wherever my body is, my heart is still in Straya, cunt
    Blog Entries
    I don't really want to see Iskandar and Kayneth together. I would like to see an all-new Servant if possible. So...

3) Passed over for another catalyst
    1) His beloved

I'm going for Ultra Good End where he makes Sola Ui actually fall in love with him.

Blog Entries

He travels with...

1. his beloved.
    2. an unnamed associate.
    3. no one.

He travels with...

1. his beloved.
    2. an unnamed associate.
    3. no one.

Just hope it's not Diarmuid again.

Blog Entries
    Nobody wants to see Sola Ui. This makes me sad. Sob.

Blog Entries
    I can understand why though, she did pretty much ruin the whole Grail War for him though this will make things entertaining in the long run I can assure you of that.

I can get behind this. Always gotta support fics of underutilized characters.

3) was passed over for another.

He travels with...

1) his beloved.

What can I say? I wanna see if he can actually win Sola over on his own.
    Fate/Shattered Legacy: While the Magus Association investigates the goings on in Trifas, another war brews elsewhere...
    -Current progress: Chapter 1 finished.

3, 2

What sort of an idiot brings his beloved to a warzone anyway. Even Tokiomi left the wife and kid at home.

Blog Entries
    Well it does grant him the advantage of having someone support the prana for the Servant so you can focus on offense.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Desu_Cake View Post
    3, 2

What sort of an idiot brings his beloved to a warzone anyway. Even Tokiomi left the wife and kid at home.
    Well, he genuinely expected to win easily.

But yeah, I must agree. What an idiot.
    If you can dream—and not make dreams your master;
    If you can think—and not make thoughts your aim,
    If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster;
    And treat those two impostors just the same,

-Ruyard Kipling, "If"

-)|(-

My works [Updated June 21st, 2013]

"From a dusky world with an ever-setting sun, a limitless rain of Ryougi Shiki streaked down from gargantuan gears set in the sky." Fate: Over 9000, my best Crack yet.

Are we allowed to suggest our own option variants here?

[If not, just take (3) and (1), respectively.]

(2) and (3) are not mutually exclusive. We don't want the cloak ourselves -- Iskander is basically unmanageable, and Kayneth wouldn't work well with Iskander anyway -- but we certainly don't want anybody else to summon him. Putting it in a safe deposit box somewhere after passing it over is IC for Kayneth, and would remove the chances of someone stealing it. A little paranoia is nice.

Ideally we could go shopping for a Servant of our choice*, but even in the OP's situation, I'm willing to roll the dice rather than risk either Diarmuid (too weak, doesn't always listen) or Iskander (uncontrollable).

He travels with...

1. his beloved and a Lonely Planet Guidebook to Fuyuki, on a flight we set off on WEEKS ahead of time to get to know the battleground better and prepare.
    2. an unnamed associate.
    3. no one.

My first choice would have been "a team of your most trusted El-Melloi family members," but since we're only going to be given one anonymous associate (Alba would be hilarious, but unlikely), I'm going with Sola. At least she's a known quantity. A treacherous quantity who hates us, but a known one. She's just barely controllable unless we get ourselves Origin Bullet-ed, at which point we're screwed anyway.

* Karna, Gawain, 5th War Berserker summoned into another class, etc. would be obvious choices, but too OP for Milbunk to allow, and probably beyond Kayneth's price/archaeology range anyway. Of the Servants who appear in Wars #4 and #5, Lancelot would be a good fit if we weren't traveling with Sola, and not a horrible choice even WITH her. Medusa would be a decent choice as well. This is before the Matous presumably got her, so she's still in circulation in one of those Greek temples.

** Total and complete sidenote, since it's obvious we aren't getting her: Of the 4th/5th War Servants, Arturia is -- bizarrely enough -- probably the best fit for Kayneth in terms of personality and approach.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Milbunk View Post
    Well it does grant him the advantage of having someone support the prana for the Servant so you can focus on offense.
    This. We get a choice of reduced prana*, some random and probably dangerous guy, or Sola.

Of those three, Sola is the least-dangerous option.

* Unless his mana furnaces are portable for this scenario. Are they?
    Last edited by Zalgo Jenkins; April 10th, 2014 at 12:41 PM.

Blog Entries
    Watch Milbunk summon Casanova as a Caster and cackle maniacally as Sola betrays us again anyway D:

Quote Originally Posted by Vagrant View Post
    Watch Milbunk summon Casanova as a Caster and cackle maniacally as Sola betrays us again anyway D:
    It's always a possibility. I just figure we're better with excluding known problems. Because we're pretty much destined to lose with Diarmuid no matter what we do.

Iskander is iffier, and you raise a good point (though I suspect Milbunk wouldn't screw us over just for the lulz). I could see Iskander/Kayneth possibly winning, but Iskander will try to call all of the shots. We'll spend our entire time bickering about strategy, and get killed by something avoidable when Iskander charges into danger against our orders.

Blog Entries
    Also Iskander will spend half the time he's not bickering trying to sleep with Sola, and the other half of the time trying to sleep with us. Which, while amusing, probably won't help as much as I'd hope. Unless Iskander eventually gets a threesome rolling and then Sola and Kayneth get a chance to realise that they actually kick it off really well in bed together and bond.

Also Iskander will spend half the time he's not bickering trying to sleep with Sola, and the other half of the time trying to sleep with us. Which, while amusing, probably won't help as much as I'd hope. Unless Iskander eventually gets a threesome rolling and then Sola and Kayneth get a chance to realise that they actually kick it off really well in bed together and bond.
    "Sola, after we've experienced this disturbingly enjoyable...er...tantric ritual business--"

"Sex, Kayneth. It's called sex."

"Er. Right. That. In any event, a pox on this Grail War nonsense. Let's go back to England and make El-Mellois."

"That is quite literally the only smart thing I've ever heard come out of your mouth."

"Sola, were it not for the fact that I believe we can pin all of our hopes for a functional relationship on mind-blowing tantric rit--"

"Sex."

"--uals, I would resent that remark."

Exeunt El-Mellois.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    "so, Sola-ui... Where did you learn about that.... One thing you did?"

Blog Entries
    It's always Mana Transfer. A man can't get angry at his fiancée for going out and finding other magi who can give her mana to stockpile for the war, right?

I mean, maybe she didn't need to transfer quite so much mana with quite so many other magi, but still. Better safe than sorry, right?

It's always Mana Transfer. A man can't get angry at his fiancée for going out and finding other magi who can give her mana to stockpile for the war, right?

I mean, maybe she didn't need to transfer quite so much mana with quite so many other magi, but still. Better safe than sorry, right?
    "Who is that woman...and why is she glowing like a nuclear reactor?"

-- Tokiomi's last words.