Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst ... 23456914 ... LastLast

Thread: Mcjon01 Translates Things

Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    sup terra?
    He also claims that Tohno Shiki has a personality and that he isn't an asshole in Not Proto-Tsukihime. And that the Root has nothing to do with the story. And that there are no magi in Tsukihime.

Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Damn, so unicorn was a divine beast. I wonder how they killed it and also what it was doing outside the backside of the world a few hundreds years ago.
    I thought I remember it dieing of some sort of mysterious natural cause. Not that I have any idea how that would work.
    Araya, what do you seek?
    「アラヤ、何を求める」
    ------True wisdom.
    「――――真の叡智を」
    Araya, where do you seek it?
    「アラヤ、何処に求める」
    Only within myself.
    「――――ただ、己が内にのみ」
    Araya, what is your favorite color?
    「アラヤ、好きな色は?」
    Blue. No, ora-- Auuuuuuuugh!
    「青、いや、オレンジイイイイイアアアっ!」

Fuckin' chicken grill!!! Kotonoha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I like how some entries have an image and then they have the exact same image again but taken from a different scan.

Also want any help with this? (not money you can't have my money)

Blog Entries
    Mcjon, you are a good man
    Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    dumb people always have shit opinions about eva, its like some kind of more reliable iq test
    [20:47:33] I3uster: in 2015 a crack memer was sent to skype prison by a court of his Peers for a crime he didnt commit. he promptly escaped from his Maximum security Forum into the twitter Underground. Today, still wanted by the skype Group he survives as memer of fortune. If you Need a shitpost, if nobody else can fuck up a thread, and if you can find him, maybe you can hire: June.

20.06.2014 Never forget

If I have a complaint, it's that McJon01 continues the terrible tradition of calling oni demons. I don't even know where mirror moon got that terrible idea. If you think people's heads are going to explode by learning about foreign folklore at least call them ogres like everyone has for the past century since they possess actual similarities with ogres.
    Araya, what do you seek?
    「アラヤ、何を求める」
    ------True wisdom.
    「――――真の叡智を」
    「アラヤ、何処に求める」
    Only within myself.
    「――――ただ、己が内にのみ」
    「アラヤ、好きな色は?」
    「青、いや、オレンジイイイイイアアアっ!」

Blog Entries
    The blood of Shrek runs through Akiha's veins.

(I agree with you though)

Blog Entries
    I call oni oni. I call mixed bloods demon hybrids, because mixed blood started sounding pretty racist, but I'm not going to call them oni hybrids when they aren't all mixed with oni.

I also went with devil for akuma and demon for ma, just so there would be less examples of everything being demons.

Blog Entries
    Why leave only oni untranslated?
    Now Loading...

[15:09] <KnightTurtle> "I WILL NOT DIE FOR THE BEAUTY OF MATH. MATH IS MY SOUL AND BLOOD, MY PASSION. MATH IS WHAT KEEPS THE WORLD RIGHT. I WILL ON FOR THE BEAUTY OF NUMBER CRUNCHING, THE MIND NUMBING ABILITY OF CALCULUS, THE SOUL OF THE BARE BASICS OF ARITHMETIC"
    [21:21] <+EnigmaticFellow> we derive fun from integration

Blog Entries
    Because we live in a magical era where people have played enough video games to know what an oni is.

JP Friend Code
    Pingu
    Blog Entries
    People also know what domo arigato means. Are you going to just not translate that too?

Blog Entries
    Eh, it's probably okay to leave oni as oni for the same reason we can say chupacabra instead of goatsucker or sasquatch instead of whatever sasquatch means.

��

Blog Entries
    Mostly, if it has an English Wikipedia page it's fine how it is, unless I don't like it. That's my motto.

I feel there still has to be a better word to use for half bloods than demon. Because no one is going to get there's a difference between demon and devil without having that explained to them.
    Araya, what do you seek?
    「アラヤ、何を求める」
    ------True wisdom.
    「――――真の叡智を」
    「アラヤ、何処に求める」
    Only within myself.
    「――――ただ、己が内にのみ」
    「アラヤ、好きな色は?」
    「青、いや、オレンジイイイイイアアアっ!」

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by terraablaze View Post
    I feel there still has to be a better word to use for half bloods than demon. Because no one is going to get there's a difference between demon and devil without having that explained to them.
    Well anyone who has ever played DnD is going to treat those two as different.
    Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    dumb people always have shit opinions about eva, its like some kind of more reliable iq test
    [20:47:33] I3uster: in 2015 a crack memer was sent to skype prison by a court of his Peers for a crime he didnt commit. he promptly escaped from his Maximum security Forum into the twitter Underground. Today, still wanted by the skype Group he survives as memer of fortune. If you Need a shitpost, if nobody else can fuck up a thread, and if you can find him, maybe you can hire: June.

20.06.2014 Never forget

Greatness, at any cost mAc Chaos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    a DUNPEAL

wait wrong series
    He never sleeps. He never dies.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

The Adventurer The seeking seer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nihilm View Post
    Yeah I agree with that, as a avid gamer of D&D video games like Baldur's Gate and Icewind Dale...
    There's really a big difference between Devils and Demons, yeah they're both evil in a different level. Devils being lawful Evil and Demons are Chaotic Evil.

Blog Entries
    I mean, it basically comes down to how you want to translate plain 魔, since Red Demon God makes it pretty clear that "mixed blood" is referring to people who have some kind of 魔 or another in their lineage. I was thinking monster for a bit but that didn't feel as nice. Demon is way more distortion in nature-y.

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilm View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The seeking seer View Post
    Yeah I agree with that, as a avid gamer of D&D video games like Baldur's Gate and Icewind Dale...
    There's really a big difference between Devils and Demons, yeah they're both evil in a different level. Devils being lawful Evil and Demons are Chaotic Evil.
    Except these two things aren't two sides of the same coin that wage eternal war for basic cosmological reasons. And for everyone who hasn't, demons and devils are the same thing (hence the terms being interchangeable in Digital Devil Saga).
    Araya, what do you seek?
    「アラヤ、何を求める」
    ------True wisdom.
    「――――真の叡智を」
    「アラヤ、何処に求める」
    Only within myself.
    「――――ただ、己が内にのみ」
    「アラヤ、好きな色は?」
    「青、いや、オレンジイイイイイアアアっ!」

Blog Entries
    Except these two things aren't two sides of the same coin that wage eternal war for basic cosmological reasons.
    Funnily enough this is actually true in D&D.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

I'm not sure I understand your statement so I'm just going to clarify that in Dungeons and Dragons demons and devils are both evil outsiders that fight each other because law and chaos oppose each other just as hard as good and evil and in Nasuland what McJon01 is calling demon hybrids are in no way related to what he is calling devils and they don't fight each other.
    Araya, what do you seek?
    「アラヤ、何を求める」
    ------True wisdom.
    「――――真の叡智を」
    「アラヤ、何処に求める」
    Only within myself.
    「――――ただ、己が内にのみ」
    「アラヤ、好きな色は?」
    「青、いや、オレンジイイイイイアアアっ!」