Page 1 of 15 123611 ... LastLast

Thread: Europa Universalis IV: Money Money Money

アルテミット・ソット Ultimate Thot Five_X's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Europa Universalis IV: Money Money Money

Hail, fellow map painters! Many of you may have heard tales of the grand strategy game operating under the assumed title of "EUROPA UNIVERSALIS IV." Some others, perhaps, have also heard rumours that this same grand strategy game has Steam-integrated multiplayer functionality, allowing multiple human players to paint maps - all in complete synchronization!

It is my pleasure to invite you all, upon the release of the expansion pack "WEALTH OF NATIONS" in the next few weeks or so, to join in a battle of wits and betrayal, for the fate of the world! Clash with other world powers, or make a tiny city state, doomed to inevitable destruction, become the master of all! Or you could play Granada, and die a miserable death! All these things and more are possible, in EUROPA UNIVERSALIS IV.

This thread exists for the purpose of organizing a multiplayer game of EUIV for the enjoyment of all. It will be hosted by me, because my wallet has an endless ability to consume whatever content PDS puts out, and also because my internet connection is completely stable. In this thread, you can choose your nation, bargain and beg with other players, and so on. For the most part, this will work on first-come-first-serve, however, you can barter with other potential players in order to get the nation you want, or arrange alliances before the game begins. All of this is perfectly fine, and why? Because there's more than one way to win this game than pure conquest!

In this game of EUIV, at the end, a set of national winners will be determined, regardless of whether they're AI or player, and an overall "WORLD LEADER" will be chosen. The WORLD LEADER will be the player with the highest overall score, determined through a total of prestige, legitimacy/republican tradition, military strength, monthly income, tech level, number of colonies and trade companies, number of home provinces, and an additional "challenge" bonus for starting as a highly disadvantaged nation like an OPM, and/or finishing the game in a tech group that is not Western, Eastern or Ottoman.

The winner categories are thusly given:

A. Highest trade income of any nation

B. Highest number of colonial provinces

C. Highest number of core provinces on the same continent as your capital

D. Highest number of non-integrated personal unions, or longest-lasting single personal union, if the former does not apply

E. Least number of foreign cores on your own core provinces

F. Largest total army and navy regardless of tech group and government

Also, there are some Achievement Challenges, which can add to your potential score for the "WORLD LEADER" award explained in the text above. Here is a list of such challenges with which you can bother your nation and also your co-players. They're very valuable, so seek them out!

1. By endgame, control a nation in which your primary culture forms a minority of 20% or less of your overall province cultures.

2. By endgame, control a nation in which your primary religion forms a minority of 20% or less of your overall province religions.

3. Restore the Byzantine Empire's borders to their extent under the rule of Justinian I.

4. By endgame, have your religion (other than Catholicism or Sunni Islam) control the most provinces of any religion. Applies only to the Defender of the Faith at endgame.

5. As a nation with the Saxon primary culture, control all of de jure England and convert it all to Saxon culture.

6. As any nation with the primary culture of Russian, colonize Alaska and the West Coast of North America down to Baja California, while ensuring no other nation controls Siberian lands.

7. As any Scandinavian country or Finland, hold non-integrated personal unions with all other Scandinavian countries and Finland, and control Iceland and Greenland.

8. As any Scandinavian country, colonize Greenland, the Thirteen Colonies and the Atlantic Coast of Canada.

9. As any horde, control the full extent of the Mongol Empire at its height and have reached the Atlantic Ocean.

10. As any Chinese nation or Japanese daimyo, convert to any Christian denomination and control all of China or Japan, respectively. All core provinces must follow the true faith.

11. Form Spain as the Kingdom of Navarra, and control all of France's Occitan and Basque provinces.

12. Usurp Austria as Holy Roman Emperor, and hold that position for the rest of the game, without vassalizing any electors or ending the elective monarchy of the empire.

If you have any suggestions that aren't already covered by these or the achievements in Steam for EUIV, feel free to suggest them before the game begins. Getting any of these challenges will greatly increase your challenge score by the end of the game, helping you become the WORLD LEADER despite the strengths of any other nation in the world.

Again, the game will begin once Wealth of Nations has been released, which should be fairly soonish.

"But Five, I don't even buy any of the DLCs!"

It doesn't matter, I buy them all and it'll count as you owning them as long as I'm the host. Yes, I will be playing too, but I'll let other people have their choice of country before selecting my own.
    "LOLOL time to paint the map Swedish blue/Prussian blue/French blue!"

Please, if you feel that you're a good player and you could manage as a less-powerful nation, then don't go for the big meanie blobs. While I'm not going to specifically restrict any countries from being played, it's overall more fun for everyone if you try to handicap or challenge yourself if you think you're a skilled player and would smash too much up as a bigger nation.

"Aw yeah I can't wait to play with muh Death and Taxes!"

No damn mods, bro. This will be a game made up of completely clean installs of EUIV, no modifications, nothing. Also, no random new world either, that's just lame and hurts my historical painting bone. At the very least, the start date is up for question; I'll check which one would work best, if not 1444. However, I'm generally leaning towards 1444 anyhow, it has the most opportunity in general for some smaller nations.

Any questions, feel free to ask them in the thread. And state your main choice of nation, as well as possible other choices you'd like as well. The time of day that each session will be played will also be up to discussion, because obviously all these people on here are from tons of different timezones and coordinating things needs to be done.

Player List:

Petrikow - Burgundy
    Cruor -
    Portugal
    AMW - Muscovy
    Five_X - Bohemia
    Last edited by Five_X; June 3rd, 2014 at 04:45 AM.
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

[11:20:46 AM] GlowStiks: lucina is supes attractive
    [12:40] Lace: lucina is amazing
    [12:40] Neir: lucina is pretty much flawless

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I'll sign up. Give me Burgundy.

Blog Entries
    I would sign up, but conferences are a bitch. Up for a round in mid July or so.

Blog Entries
    There we go, Petri. Now we play the waiting game and see who else joins.

Oh, and btw I'll only start this if there at at least 4 players total. Otherwise it's kinda quiet. :/
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

Blog Entries
    I would play Christian Japan challenge if I had time for that right now. Did that already for EU2 and EU3.

Blog Entries
    Aceh.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Blog Entries
    ^Atjeh?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Hmm. Will probably pick what I said last time, Timurids. If only to limit trade nations' trade and reap it for myself.

I can imagine that would be quite hard without being allowed to pause >_> (as you you can't use the -10 revolt risk thing after becoming christian and whatnot). Though if we are gonna be playing non 1444, Persia. Will think it over some more.

^no he means that dumb island that is full of spice in malaysia
    The Hall of Selected Cruor Praise
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
    Oh right.

GLORIOUS CRUOR SENPAI RECOMMENDED THIS TO ME HE IS THE BEST USER EVER
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    1. Your favourite character and why.
    Curor, I mean the man likes DDD, he must have had a hard life, yet he's still trying so hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    Cruor is so handsome and nice I want to brush his perfect hair and maybe caress his rosy cheeks. Now put me in your sig ya fuck
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow View Post
    If only people praised me as much as they praise you, Cruor-sama!
    Quote Originally Posted by Polly View Post
    Cruor is very nice

Blog Entries
    Atjeh happens to be there.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I'm thinking the Hansa.

Blog Entries
    Few weeks time... I should be free

Gimme Congo
    [12:37] <I3uster> if playing overwatch would save my mother from the deathbed
    [12:37] <I3uster> id probably flip a coin
    [12:38] <I3uster> to see if i play or not

[18:23] <frantic> spinach is like a caffeine zombie

[18:23] <frantic> in AX he would like
    [18:23] <frantic> drink 8 shots of espresso
    [18:23] <frantic> then he'd turn to me an hour later
    [18:23] <frantic> 'frantic', he'd say, his eyes wild and his lips smug
    [18:23] <frantic> 'i need coffee'

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaceCaptainKatsura View Post
    Atjeh happens to be there.
    Stop being autistic. Aceh is the modern spelling of Atjeh.

It's used in EUIV

Blog Entries
    Who cares.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cruor View Post
    Hmm. Will probably pick what I said last time, Timurids. If only to limit trade nations' trade and reap it for myself.

I can imagine that would be quite hard without being allowed to pause >_> (as you you can't use the -10 revolt risk thing after becoming christian and whatnot). Though if we are gonna be playing non 1444, Persia. Will think it over some more.

^no he means that dumb island that is full of spice in malaysia
    In regards to this (ie. Persia and the like) I did come up with a thought, that if anyone wants to play a nation that doesn't exist but is releasable at game start, then that's doable. If you want to play Persia but someone else wants to play Mughals or Afghanistan or whatever, then that's okay and works in everybody's favour; similarly if you really wanted to you could play a Burgundy-released Netherlands or, god forbid, 1444 start Finland. Similarly, playing Ming I'd say is off limits for now because they're still too exploitable, but if you nonetheless want to play a Chinese country you could play one of the ones that Ming can release. And so on for any other nations you can imagine, for the most part.

As for the speed, since that's also a thing and possibly a problem, I'll try to keep it at a decent rate, maybe 2 or 3 on average, depending on how easily or poorly people are keeping up. Pauses will be okay, but I don't want to encourage them since you're supposed to take care of things while the game is running. If everyone agrees to a pause, then I'll pause.

Lastly, I did come up with some small balance changes that could make things a little fairer overall. Small as in, slower colonization speed, shorter claim time, and longer lasting cores. Just to spice things up and make it so that not everyone has a claim on everyone else at any given time, and that most players should have a decent opportunity to colonize the New World and such without worry of the AI taking too much land. Because if no one plays as Spain, or someone plays as Spain with no direct player competitor, then the New World could kinda get a bit boring fast.

Again, suggestion box is open.

more players plz

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooncake View Post
    Few weeks time... I should be free

Gimme Congo
    I wouldn't recommend that.

Unless you want me to kill you.

Edit: Also Five_X, can we just play with Can Omer's Map Improvement Mod. All it does is make the map sane.
    Last edited by Petrikow; April 19th, 2014 at 10:47 AM.

Blog Entries
    No damn mods,

Blog Entries
    No, that mod looks terrible. Truces down to one year? Prussian +50% land force limit? Building limits removed without actually making buildings themselves useful? Forts nerfed without improving +fort defence ideas? TURKEY and EGYPT?

Sorry no, this is literally the definition of terrible.

Blog Entries
    >TURKEY and EGYPT?lolwut. It is not post 1922 game.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I agree that we not use the mod but foreign countries did call the Ottomans Turkey.

The Hall of Selected Cruor Praise
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
    Oh right.

GLORIOUS CRUOR SENPAI RECOMMENDED THIS TO ME HE IS THE BEST USER EVER
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    1. Your favourite character and why.
    Curor, I mean the man likes DDD, he must have had a hard life, yet he's still trying so hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    Cruor is so handsome and nice I want to brush his perfect hair and maybe caress his rosy cheeks. Now put me in your sig ya fuck
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow View Post
    If only people praised me as much as they praise you, Cruor-sama!
    Quote Originally Posted by Polly View Post
    Cruor is very nice

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Petrikow View Post
    I wouldn't recommend that.

Unless you want me to kill you
    I'm sorry, I just can't take you seriously with that avatar. But I'll take Ireland, then. I would hate to be killed by an Elin and then dragged back to its pig monster overlords.
    [12:37] <I3uster> if playing overwatch would save my mother from the deathbed
    [12:37] <I3uster> id probably flip a coin
    [12:38] <I3uster> to see if i play or not

[18:23] <frantic> spinach is like a caffeine zombie

[18:23] <frantic> in AX he would like
    [18:23] <frantic> drink 8 shots of espresso
    [18:23] <frantic> then he'd turn to me an hour later
    [18:23] <frantic> 'frantic', he'd say, his eyes wild and his lips smug
    [18:23] <frantic> 'i need coffee'