Page 144 of 155 FirstFirst ... 4494134139142143144145146149154 ... LastLast
Results 2,861 to 2,880 of 3096

Thread: Star Wars General Thread - Sequel Trilogy, All EU is now Non-Canon, etc.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SeiKeo View Post
    thought you liked this movie
    I did, but that doesn't mean I think it's immune to criticism. And if you were following my posts in general movies, you'd know that I admitted Ren's character and motives were poorly fleshed out.
    Last edited by RoydGolden; May 12th, 2018 at 10:10 PM. Reason: Got this confused with other thread

Blog Entries
    Ok, well, now you're wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BamBam75320 View Post
    oh well i consider him one too, though to a lesser extent because it takes him quite some time to actually get to her level of using the force. he's only using sensory enhancement techniques in episode 4, one of the most basic things that can be done with the force (even instinctual for people strong with it), but not really any telekinesis until episode 5 and he struggles a lot with it. he also shouldn't win any of the fights he wins in episode 6 imo, but whatever. rey is able to use jedi mind tricks right off the bat, and even overpower kylo ren with a force grip on a lightsaber, and he's supposed to have been training for years and was shown to be pretty strong before that point. not to mention her being able to understand chewbacca, when she probably has never come across a wookie, understand the Falcon better than Han Solo, etc. both characters are very boring in my opinion though, along with anakin (young annie is great though). and that brings up another thing that i found unnecessary, why not just make her born on tattooine? nobody missed the fact that the story was being recycled just because they called the planet jakku lol

- - - Updated - - -

then again, my favorite star wars movie is the phantom menace so who am i to talk? that movie is garbage too lmao
    It honestly seems like you don't really understand what Star Wars is about. It's a sci-fi version of the classic hero's journey story, so random farmboys turning out to be world-saving prodigies is a feature, not a bug.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BamBam75320 View Post
    eh i understand that, doesn't necessarily mean i like it though. i'd at least like them to be interesting farmboys who save worlds. and telling me i don't understand star wars is possibly one of the most insulting things you could say to me.
    Sorry. I just found it odd you were criticizing such universal tropes of the genre. (I mean, you might as well say it's unrealistic that the characters fight with Lightsabers instead of guns)

Blog Entries
    So, about the Solo movie...

Spoiler:
    apparently at/near the end Darth Maul appears with a lightsaber he has in Rebels. I will say, they're really trying to connect everything together. Kudos to the story team, but, ah...

When the clock strikes midnight... Means it's a new day Jeanne. Strange_One's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    485,902,641/Vincent
    Blog Entries
    Rejoice. Or not.

Apparently the next TV series will be after RotJ.

- - - Updated - - -

And pre Disney trilogy series will be anime style in case ye didn't know
    BEHOLD! THE SIG OF GOLDEN TRUTH! Pillaged from McJon, Tsukikan et al.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Must suck to be Palpatine's security adviser. He lets the father of a known rebel be his personal bodyguard and lets said rebel walk up really close to him with a sword.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One forumghost's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Historia View Post
    So, about the Solo movie...

Spoiler:
    apparently at/near the end Darth Maul appears with a lightsaber he has in Rebels. I will say, they're really trying to connect everything together. Kudos to the story team, but, ah...
    Spoiler:
    Oh joy. Because if there's one thing that Star Wars needs, it's more shitty forced (geddit) inclusion of a boring, overused, footnote of a character like Maul. His miraculous resurrection in TCW was bad enough. We didn't need him in Rebels, and we sure as shit don't need him here.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Just another reason to not even bother with Solo I guess

I just finished watching the Solo movie, it was pretty good.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Bob the Builder's evil twin.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Palingenesis just sounds like we're creating Sarah Palin.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    >tfw you betray your ideals to get some

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    In short, Japan's syncretism BS striked again.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    Solo was great, and it remembered that the key to a good Star Wars movir is a good cast. Now, in this case, "good" meant balls-to-the-wall fun, rebelliousl-tinged adventure, and doing what an expanded universe should do and expand the universe.

Also, Robo-Maul was a good addition, eat my ass. In showing that the contemporary films and the animated shows actually truly for reals you guys retain the same continuity, it worked.

Pretty great film, I'd rewatch it again during another one of my inevitable Star Wars marathons and it wouldn't feel like a chore.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    >Maul revived through the dark powers of capitalism
    >Good

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Saw Solo last night. It was good. Not great, but enjoyable. However me and my friend were the only ones in the whole theatre, on half price night, only about five days after opening, not even at the latest showing of the night. It was pretty sad.

I ended up laughing at a bunch of parts where I wasn't supposed to. The name drop of Teras Kasi, for one. Or the end of the last villainous monologue.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I too saw the Solo, mainly because a friend of a friend had to bail at the last minute and so first friend had a spare ticket.

I kept my expectations low, and although it wasn't a bad film it still didn't feel like it justified its existence as an unnecessary prequel.

Speaking of prequels, as someone who genuinely likes Episodes 1-3, seeing that tease got me all nostalgic. <3
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I'm more annoyed that the one-off stories are better than the actual new trilogy movies.
    Then I will ask that you pay closer attention
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    So if I'm reading this right DP is saying that the feature almost everybody hates that is bad and makes the forum objectively worse will never go away because that would negatively impact another feature that nobody has ever used and most likely never will use just in case someday, someone wants to use it. Is that right?
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    It's like if someone told me "make me a milkshake" and i was blind and they gave me the ingredients and I made a milkshake because milkshakes are good, but it turns out that milkshake was a bomb.

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Rogue One was mediocre while The Force Awakens by virtue of being a ripoff of A New Hope was good.
    canon finish apo vol 3

Blog Entries
    Did you mean bad?
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    I can't blame the movies for the metatextual justification of "lol somehow everything ended up exactly like in the start of A New Hope after luke and co fixed the galaxy" that came out of novelizations or some shit
    canon finish apo vol 3

Blog Entries
    I mainly follow the novelizations and spin-off comics now, so, eh,

Most of them are enjoyable reads

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Last Jedi did have its flaws, but it was good.
    Personally, though, I'm much more interested in the prequel trilogy. Those movies were so bad, but I can see in them the outlines of such great movies!
    Last edited by SpoonyViking; June 2nd, 2018 at 01:28 PM.

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Y'know, after Episode IX comes out I'll probably do a marathon of all nine movies and update my rankings of the nine films.

Once that's done I'll say goodbye to this franchise. It's been a fun ride, but I feel like they've run out of ideas after Disney obtained the reins and it just hasn't been as enjoyable since.
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)