Page 143 of 145 FirstFirst ... 4393133138141142143144145 LastLast
Results 2,841 to 2,860 of 2888

Thread: Star Wars General Thread - Sequel Trilogy, All EU is now Non-Canon, etc.

don't look at the ears Marmadillo's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    501086179/marmadillo
    Blog Entries
    They are definitely not crapping on Leia. Instead they managed to get her incapacitated for most of the movie except for her Son of Krypton moment ofc.

JP Friend Code
    FGO:574132069/Asunder (Support: Chibi [Level:Maxxed])

JP Friend Code
    FGO:574132069/Asunder (Support: Chibi [Level:Maxxed])

Blog Entries
    I'm not feeling the hype tbh.

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    I felt as if Donald Glover > Alden Ehrenreich in terms of hype

Because honestly I feel as if Han is overrated and I'm more interested in what they're gonna do with Lando

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Last time I went into a Star Wars movie expecting a heist, I got Rogue One. Last Jedi's attempt at a heist fizzled out like every other plot point in the middle of that film. With all the trouble this one's had, I'm going to guess they're going for 0/3 here.

Gundam-a-thon Status: 0079 Zeta ZZ Char's Counterattck War In the Pocket F91 Stardust Memories Victory G Gundam Wing Endless Waltz 8th MS After War X Turn A SEED 00 Unicorn AGE Reconguista The Orgin Thunderbolt IBO

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    I felt as if Donald Glover > Alden Ehrenreich in terms of hype

Because honestly I feel as if Han is overrated and I'm more interested in what they're gonna do with Lando
    I think that's what a lot of people are feeling, based on comments I've been reading--other than Alden not giving off a good vibe as Harrison Ford/Han Solo.

Blog Entries
    So,

the job they took is finding Bucky right?

- - - Updated - - -

Anyway. I'm looking forward to it. I'm interested what they'll do with Lando, as well.

Based on dialogue in Battlefront 2, I hope it reveals more about the Calrissians.

... Alexa, play private (lilac) Hen_Ichi's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    485,902,641/Vincent
    Blog Entries
    Finding Chewy: A Star Wars Story

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    Hm, looks like they've trawled through a bunch of Legends for this. Hopefully it'll be good like Rogue One
    BEHOLD! THE SIG OF GOLDEN TRUTH! Pillaged from McJon, Tsukikan et al.

Blog Entries
    Watching a released clip from the Solo movie in 360 feels so... weird.

Deadpan Dead People LegalLoliLover's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I know that Mace Windu wounded Palpatine's face, but did he also fry his balls? In other words, is Palpatine a eunuch? If not, why is he so obsessed with the Skywalker bloodline? Just perform this most sacred of Chinese rituals: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nine_f...exterminations on any Skywalker relations, make babies with his Imperial Guard (OK, maybe my bias that they are women underneath the armor is based on fan art, but whatever), and train the babies.
    May the Light of Zvezda Shine Throughout This World!
    Spoiler:

1. 2. 3. 4. We are cells at work! RoydGolden's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LegalLoliLover View Post
    I know that Mace Windu wounded Palpatine's face, but did he also fry his balls? In other words, is Palpatine a eunuch? If not, why is he so obsessed with the Skywalker bloodline? Just perform this most sacred of Chinese rituals: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nine_f...exterminations on any Skywalker relations, make babies with his Imperial Guard (OK, maybe my bias that they are women underneath the armor is based on fan art, but whatever), and train the babies.
    Maybe the Skywalker bloodline just has higher Force sensitivity?

Blog Entries
    But if Palpatine is concerned with personal power, why does he care how strong the Skywalkers get?
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by LegalLoliLover View Post
    But if Palpatine is concerned with personal power, why does he care how strong the Skywalkers get?
    If you're an evil overlord (or even a ruler generally), you probably want the strongest people around to be on your side.

Blog Entries
    Only if they can be trusted:
    Spoiler:

死者 The Dead
    JP Friend Code
    099-283-718
    US Friend Code
    614-850-739
    Anybody else here also hate basically everything disney has done with star wars and decided for themselves that disney is not canon and the star wars universe ended when they took it? this has been bad for my depression, but at least i have plenty of legends to read still. Happy for the people enjoying the new star wars though, just sad because of what happened to it.

Quote Originally Posted by BamBam75320 View Post
    Anybody else here also hate basically everything disney has done with star wars and decided for themselves that disney is not canon and the star wars universe ended when they took it? this has been bad for my depression, but at least i have plenty of legends to read still. Happy for the people enjoying the new star wars though, just sad because of what happened to it.
    I mean, you're free to decide whatever you want is canon if that makes you feel better. Out of curiosity, what exactly do you dislike about the new movies?

死者 The Dead
    JP Friend Code
    099-283-718
    US Friend Code
    614-850-739
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    I mean, you're free to decide whatever you want is canon if that makes you feel better. Out of curiosity, what exactly do you dislike about the new movies?
    well, there are a ton of things that i dislike about all of the new disney additions (that i have seen/read), so there would be a bit too much to say, but of the more obvious things that i disliked, it was rey and kylo ren as characters, along with pretty much all of the other new characters. oh and episode 7 is just the worst film i have ever laid eyes on. i'm sure you've seen rey called a mary sue before and blah blah blah, and i agree with that. i can handle a mary sue character, but she is just on a completely different level for me. another thing about her that i hate is that it seems like they just tried for a strong female character for the sake of having a strong female character. i love powerful women in media, but as for any character, i want them to be well developed or at least interesting. as for kylo ren, his temptation towards the light is something that seems to be extremely contradictory and demeaning for the jedi. now, i'm not too fond of the jedi as a whole, but one of their admirable traits is that they sacrifice so much to be able to stay in the light. and now we've got this edgy boi who is trying to submit to the darkness but is being pulled away by the light? it just seems to laugh at those sacrifices that previous jedi have made, not to mention he's just overall lame to me, and for me, a good villain is what makes or breaks star wars. another thing that the movies were severely lacking was any sort of political discussions, which, to be honest, are often the most interesting parts of star wars for me. other minor things were various plot conveniences across the movies (prequels and og trilogy had these too but not to the extent of ep 7), constant appeal to nostalgia, way too many jokes to the point where i felt like i was watching comedy, more blatant appeals to progressiveness like that weird and rushed romance of finn and rey, finn as a character, po dameron (what are you doing, dude), the entirety of rebels, the spin-off movies, and the feeling of everything being dumbed down to be more friendly towards children (especially in the novels that i have read). whew, that was a lot, and there's so much more, but you probably get the jist. it's all just opinion though, so no hard feelings if you like any of these things i've mentioned.

Blog Entries
    Yeah I remember all those political discussions in the OT, rebels vs space nazis real deep stuff