Page 1 of 275 12361151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Ame no Woto - A Post-Apocalyptic RP (Revived!)

アルテミット・ソット Ultimate Thot Five_X's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Ame no Woto - A Post-Apocalyptic RP (Revived!)

AME NO WOTO
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is a post-apocalypse RP taking place hundreds of years in the future; you, the players, are part of a military unit dedicated to the recovery of old world artifacts, in order to prevent the destruction of your country and to aid in the re-development of mankind.

After the world ended, civilization was not stunted, or dead. Over the centuries, civilization has risen again, and with even limited access to the knowledge of the old world, people have reclaimed technology comparable to that of the 19th century and parts of the 20th century. Ships and aeroplanes are virtually unknown, as the resources to build such things are scarce, but guns are in full supply and, as the saying goes... war, war never changes.

Yes, this is a reboot of the original Ame no Woto. I've worked it into and around my schedule better than last time, and I've also adjusted the RP's story to make it get to the actual game more quickly. This way, I'll be able to focus more attention on it so that it doesn't die (as long as you people keep posting!), and it should be more interesting for everyone.

Here's the setting and character creation guide:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1NBT1EE8ah7ZlEsXPuCkt9NpP83BNoSavvhHe1pOvQNk/edit#

In addition, here's a list of all the perks, since there were just way too many to fit into the main document. Enjoy the long read! https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...OBv9fSZ4Y/edit

Here's some various lore and setting splurges, along with a pretty map. Adjust character descriptions/backstories to fit this as desired.
    The World

Andover: a smallish country, and the one you all come from. It hasn't expanded very quickly, but it's been very successful at defending its borders. A king, Richard I, is the head of state, with several sons acting in the military as enlisted officers. Under the king is a governing body made up of regionally elected governors, numbering 6 and each presiding over their own section of the country. They act as advisors to the king, and of late have been growing more powerful as the country's interest turn to expansion rather than defence. In Andover, there is general gender equality due to necessity, as the population is low and both men and women are needed to serve in the military. Women generally are in support-aligned roles, but the needs of the country often demand that these support roles find themselves on the front lines and in combat. Andover has a small number of working trains and railways, mainly used to move troops around the country. The population of Andover is largely rural, with more urban populations concentrated in the town of Hampton and the cities of Andover and Redland.

Carlia: the country of Carlia is to the north of Andover, and it's significantly bigger; the Carlians and Dovers have been at war on-and-off for as long as anyone can remember. Most often now, though, the two countries engage in skirmishes in and around The City, the huge and ancient old world ruin south of Carlia and east of Andover. Carlia is noted as a poor country ruled by a king who arose from commoners; even the royalty are frugal and can't afford too much, but nonetheless the Carlians are rugged and determined, and even the artillery of Andover can barely keep them out. A couple centuries ago, Carlia and Andover were united as one country, but fractured due to widespread famine.

Cambra: south of The City, across a stretch of deserted plains, covering a fairly large area and with a high population. The Cambrans have many free-roaming horses, and they fire rifles from horseback with considerable skill. Andover and Cambra are at peace, if only because they have no immediate reasons for war. They have a regular trading relationship; the Cambrans are fairly affluent, as their horse trade brings in much wealth. Their concerns mostly lie to the east, and to the south where the Lusitanans are creeping farther towards their territory. The leader of Cambra is a wealthy landholder, elected by regional lords based on influence and income. Effectively, whoever controls the land controls the trade, and whoever controls the trade controls the country.

Lusitana: touching the ocean is this southern land; few explorers from Andover have ever been there, and the most contact that people of the north have with this distant country comes in the form of occasional pirate raids. Allegedly they have a massive empire farther south, near the great, rocky deserts that border the ocean. They are believed to be led by a young warrior queen, but the validity of such stories coming from the south is debatable at best. What's most important to Andover and other countries is that only the Lusitanans seem to have the resources and knowledge to build fleets of ships with sails and metal hulls, and that the pirate raids on the port of Redland have been coincidentally overlooked by the rulership of Lusitana.

The City: a sprawling mass of old buildings and underground facilities. It is a vault of knowledge and information on the old world, but near-constant skirmishes in and around The City has prevented anyone from reaching what may be hidden inside. Some soldiers of Cambra have apparently been seen taking part in some battles for The City, but this has been questioned by Andover governors. Nonetheless, the natural mystery of the place and the sense of unease it gives to those who walk amongst the ruins has made it a legend for Dovers, Carlians and Cambrans alike.

The Dead Sands: nothing grows in the dead sands, save for the strange creatures that are seen living there. Somehow they manage to survive, finding food and weathering the storms and the sweltering days and freezing nights. Old bunkers have been confirmed to exist amongst the dunes, found marked on old world maps, but strangely there are no cities at all known to have stood in the desert in the old days, suggesting that perhaps it has always been a desert. Some have reported finding a lake in the middle of the vast stretch of desert, but little is known about it. If it could support life, then certainly there would be more people living there.

Discovered Locations:

Spoiler:

Tershire: independent town and county of roughly 30,000 people, in between Andover and Carlia. Ruled by a Count from Castle Tershire, but the current Count is only ten years old, so he is presided over by the Regency, a group of advisors who control the county until he comes of age. Currently pays tribute to Andover and Carlia, but this is subject to change considering the current political environment surrounding the county. It primarily derives its wealth from rich farmlands and a recently dug mine unearthing valuable metals, which are shipped out to Andover and Carlia for processing.

A 'few' notes here, as well:

Your basic starting gear consists of a Lee Enfield Mk. III bolt-action rifle, with five magazines of ten rounds each. Normally, you start out with just 5 "slots" for ammunition, but this can change. The other part of your basic gear is the "Adventuring Gear" thing in there; that's basically rations, kindling, matches, compass, tents, hunting knife, rope, etc. It all takes up one slot in your backpack, and contains all you need for general survival purposes.

Your backpack has four slots, much like your magazine slots. Each item you place in your backpack, aside from the adventuring gear, takes up one slot; some take up more, especially in the case of weapons. The initial backpack is very small and can't hold much, but you can buy better backpacks later on in the game.

There are also Accessories; these are basic equipment-type things like radios that are "active" on your person; grenades and the like are also considered accessories, and each bundle of grenades is made up of three grenades, taking up one accessory slot.

Sidearms can be pistols or swords.

Battle is done in turns, and you can perform one action per turn, unless I deem a certain action especially quick. The higher your AGI, the more leniency you'll have with that.

Note that guns don't have actual applied damage values, since HP levels are so low in this RP that one or two shots will kill you. Guns will do varying levels of damage, but all those rolls and such are done by me.

There must be at least one private and one corporal. You can't all be privates, and you can't all be corporals.

For the most part, there won't be many rolls, aside from when you specifically engage a skill. Generally, if you have expertise in something, you won't need rolls at all; I'll just determine whether or not you can do something based on your skill level and maybe a bit of luck. In more divisive cases, rolls will be brought out.

And yes, you must all be girls, aged 16-24. The storyteller in the Google document makes things seem very fancy and important, but in reality you're most just a bunch of conscripts and "eager recruits" made to do a job that literally no one else wants to go on with because it's stupidly dangerous. At least you get phat loot if you can succeed. IF you're really, really obsessed with playing a dude and that's the one thing keeping you from joining this RP in force, then I might make an exception; it's just that the RP is meant to be like Sora no Woto (except with more despair and terribleness), which is about a similar group of girl recruits who save the day in a much sunnier and more pleasant setting.

The story is divided into "missions," of which each has a different difficulty rating, going from Beginner to Impossible. Each mission takes around one month, and between each mission you come back to your home base, and can fiddle around in the fort, marketplace and church. Each of these have things to purchase and maybe some people to talk to, but otherwise not much. They are mainly for stuff-purchasing and info-gathering.

If you're still wondering, this RP is essentially based on Sora no Woto, mixed with Fallout.

Perks will be shown later - you can't get any at character creation, so don't worry about that for now on your profiles. Perks will be "bought" through perk points, which you earn during and after missions, usually as a completion bonus or for doing something spectacular. Make sure to keep track of your kills and such, because with each kill milestone, you get perk points! That's just one way to get them, of course. Also, since different perks cost a different amount of points, you can basically save up perk points if you want to get more powerful perks earlier. I remember doing something similar with Job points in the old RPG Gladius, because in Valens' campaign the first region is stupidly hard, so one way to get around that is to have Ludo save up Job points until you can buy his ultimate technique, which does ridiculous damage against everything. Too bad you lose him in the third region, though. Goddamn evil whores.

Important: the example character given in the document is only an example, meant to show off how your character sheet is meant to look in terms of general layout. Make your character through the instructions given in the document, and then look at the character example to see how you should write it all down. Make sure you don't actually copy stuff from the example sheet, at least not before you've fully made your character.

Players:

1. Tobias, playing Corporal Jessie "Tex" Jane, age 23
    2. Polly, playing Private Noel Milner, age 21
    3. Leftovers, playing Private Galatea, age 16
    4. LeopardBear, playing Corporal Leigh Mitchell, age 22
    5. ILurkNoMoar, playing Sergeant Haley Clarke, age 21
    6. I3uster, playing Private Olivia Ford, age 18

Remember also, those fallen comrades of the 33rd Infantry Expedition Squad:

Kirby, who played Private Alice Chastain, age 16, who transferred to a different branch of the military.
    KnightTurtle, who played Lance-Corporal Katelynn Tenevere, age 17, who left as Duchess Katje von Tenvrien of Cambra.

The RP has begun!

In-progress list of weapon modifications, inventory stuffs, and accessories, with stats is below. Note that rifle and shotgun (when applicable) magazines all weigh 1lb each, while all pistol magazines/clips/cylinders weigh 0.5lbs.
    Spoiler:

Primary Weapons:
    Lee Enfield Mk. III -- 9 lbs, Acc. 1, 10 round .303
    Winchester 1897 -- 9 lbs, Acc. 0, 5 round 12 Gauge
    Lee Enfield Mk. III - 9lbs, Acc. 1, 10 round .30
    Weapon Modifications:
    8x Rifle Scope -- 1lbs, manual zoom, +2 Acc. at 40+ metres; -1 Acc. at 10 metres or less (Rifles only)
    Model 1917 Sword Bayonet -- 3lbs, 1d4 dmg (rifles and shotguns only)
    Pistol Silencer -- 1.5lbs, noise suppression, decreases damage (1895 Nagant and Colt 1911 only)
    Marksman's Bipod -- 1lb, +1 Acc. when set up (rifles only)
    Grenade Lug -- 2lbs, allows for grenades to be fired from rifle, prevents ordinary fire (rifles only)
    Solid Oak Stock -- 3lbs, +2 Acc. (Mauser C96 only)

Sidearms:
    1796 Light Cavalry Sabre -- 5lbs, single-edge, 1d8+1 dmg
    1796 Heavy Cavalry Sabre -- 8lbs, single-edge, 2d6 dmg
    Officer's Broadsword -- 4lbs, double-edge, 1d8 dmg
    Officer's Arming Sword -- 4lbs, double-edge, 1d6+2 dmg
    Machete -- 3lbs, single-edge, 1d6+2 damage

Colt M1911 Pistol -- 3lbs, Acc. 0, 7 rounds .45 ACP
    Colt Single-Action Army -- 1lb, Acc. 0, 6 rounds .357 Magnum
    Mauser C96 -- 1lb, Acc. -1, 10 rounds 9mm
    Nagant 1895 Revolver -- 2lbs, Acc. 0, 7 rounds 7.62 Nagant

Accessories:
    Mk. 2 "Pineapple" Grenade x 3 -- 1.5lbs, 5 second fuse, approx. 1d6 explosive damage + 1d6 concussive damage, plus 22~ potential shrapnel damage
    Basic Radio -- 20lbs, 20km range in good weather, above ground
    Binoculars -- 2lbs, 16x manual zoom

Equipment:
    Verey Flare Gun -- 3lbs, Acc. -2, 1 round one-inch flare
    Adventuring Gear -- 25lbs (everyone is required to have this, and it includes all basic necessities such as rope, canteen, C-rations, matches, tinder, and a bedroll.

Here's a growing list of item prices, enjoy! https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...shw/edit#gid=0

Note: there is a five player limit. If there's some serious interest in this RP (and really good character sheets), I might increase that to six, but no more. Yes this was increased to six. Damn, lots of people tried out for this RP. I-I'm poplar :')

The logo above was drawn with love by EXiku.

it's happening
    Last edited by Five_X; July 7th, 2016 at 06:20 AM.
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

[11:20:46 AM] GlowStiks: lucina is supes attractive
    [12:40] Lace: lucina is amazing
    [12:40] Neir: lucina is pretty much flawless

why the fuck not

Blog Entries
    o7 Morm

Now we play the waiting game, as the others show up.
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

Blog Entries
    But then nobody else showed up...

The End

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    But then nobody else showed up...

The End
    B-baka Spincess!!

Blog Entries
    If I apply, can I have a grenade launcher? I want to have a grenade launcher like in Reach.
    Trick shots the best. :V
    [edit]
    "Grenade lug" is a thing, but doesn't seem to allow trick shots. Darn.
    Last edited by Lycodrake; May 4th, 2014 at 08:39 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Yes, excellent. Go, Lyco, my proxy.
    F/GO SUPPORT

Blog Entries
    Oh come on Five all my anime girl faceclaims are hsld not vintage.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Seems interesting. I guess I'll apply.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    there aren't enough gun emojis in the thousandfold trichiliocosm for this shit

Linger: Complete. August, 1995. I met him. A branch off Part 3. Mikiya keeps his promise to meet Azaka, and meets again with that mysterious girl he once found in the rain.
    Shinkai: Set in the Edo period. DHO-centric. As mysterious figures gather in the city, a young woman unearths the dark secrets of the Asakami family.
    The Dollkeeper: A Fate side-story. The memoirs of the last tuner of the Einzberns. A record of the end of a family.
    Overcount 2030: Extra x Notes. A girl with no memories is found by a nameless soldier, and wakes up to a world of war.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Overwhelmed by Anime View Post
    Oh come on Five all my anime girl faceclaims are hsld not vintage.
    They don't have to be vintage, silly, as long as they don't look modern. They're faceclaims, after all; it's fine if they're like in suits or dresses or WW2 scrubs or whatever.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    So pretty much all the military-ish faceclaims I've found are from KanColle. That's not a problem, right? I mean, taking a faceclaim from KanColle.

Linger: Complete. August, 1995. I met him. A branch off Part 3. Mikiya keeps his promise to meet Azaka, and meets again with that mysterious girl he once found in the rain.
    Shinkai: Set in the Edo period. DHO-centric. As mysterious figures gather in the city, a young woman unearths the dark secrets of the Asakami family.
    The Dollkeeper: A Fate side-story. The memoirs of the last tuner of the Einzberns. A record of the end of a family.
    Overcount 2030: Extra x Notes. A girl with no memories is found by a nameless soldier, and wakes up to a world of war.

Blog Entries
    Best KanColle is Re-tan. Because MonMusu.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Yes, excellent. Go, Lyco, my proxy.
    F/GO SUPPORT

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
    So pretty much all the military-ish faceclaims I've found are from KanColle. That's not a problem, right? I mean, taking a faceclaim from KanColle.
    Eh, it's fine. You can also do a search on Gelbooru or something with the tags 1girl military solo, and you should get enough appropriate avatars sprinkled everywhere.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Another question: is this generally team-based or PvP?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
    Another question: is this generally team-based or PvP?
    Team-based, since you're a squad. A team, in a sense.

JP Friend Code
    PM Me
    Blog Entries
    Hmm...since I have to leave soon and I can't ask many questions right now, how much of the old version profile would still work in this version? Or do I need to do a new profile from scratch for this one?

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six mangafreak7793's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I'm interested. I'll give it a shot just let me take a look at the doc

Teasing the Penguin God!

@Blob: Perfect

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by KAIZA View Post
    Hmm...since I have to leave soon and I can't ask many questions right now, how much of the old version profile would still work in this version? Or do I need to do a new profile from scratch for this one?
    It should be mostly the same, but if you want to use the old profile, I recommend just rebuilding it from the bottom up, following the guidelines in the Google doc. I changed a bunch of things, but I forget exactly which, so it's best to assume that the old version isn't quite compatible with this one.

^^^ I REMEMBER THAT

Do you feel like a hero yet? Soldat der Trauer's Avatar
    A world that never was, a dream that might yet be.
    Ah, so Five finally did it.

Applying~
    Let the victor...be justice.

Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Metal Gear's conception of cyborgs has now convinced me that the real reason there were no more Holy Grail Wars is because Servants became obsolete in the near future, and that past humans and their superiority can just bend over and take it from modern technology.
    @Bloble: You shut the hell up, you're like in every RP on the page, you MIRACULOUSLY LUCKY whore-monger. You not getting in is like me winning the lottery in two states, obtaining a girlfriend, and not ending up nursing another migraine, simultaneously, by the end of this evening.