Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Heroic Spirit Speculation

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Hawkeye's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    While it is true that it's nearly impossible for people in the modern era to become Heroic Spirits, it's not entirely though.

Like I brought up, it's noted that Bazett and Shirou are people of the modern era who can become heroic spirits, but other than the weapons they borrow from other heroes, neither one has abilities that would be considered unique, so how is it they qualify, but others who left their mark on history seemingly do not?

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    While it is true that it's nearly impossible for people in the modern era to become Heroic Spirits, it's not entirely though.

Like I brought up, it's noted that Bazett and Shirou are people of the modern era who can become heroic spirits, but other than the weapons they borrow from other heroes, neither one has abilities that would be considered unique, so how is it they qualify, but others who left their mark on history seemingly do not?
    1. Where'd you hear that Bazett qualifies?
    2. Shirou can only become a HS via contract.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vigilantia View Post
    Time to go to the holodeck! *Rams head up Sakura's vagina*

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuradora View Post
    1. Where'd you hear that Bazett qualifies?
    2. Shirou can only become a HS via contract.
    It's in the character material, we have links on the wiki, though I won't deny I'm having trouble finding it, which is especially irritating because my imagination isn't that good, and I know I bloody saw it.

But still, surely someone who is a war hero like Simo would qualify with time? The fact of it is, he had the same training as countless others, during the wars, thousands of individuals performed the same job as him with the same equipment, so those who achieved recognition beyond this must possess something that cannot be immitated through training? And while I understand the limitations in conjunction to modern firearms, things like early 20th century firearms are a different matter.

Not to mention, Nobunaga Oda is a heroic servant who uses firearms.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    Simo is

A) Too recent to be a HS
    B) Too unknown to be a HS
    C) Too unimpressive to be a HS
    D) Uses modern weapons, so (via WoG) will receive no fame for his feats anyway

Basically, he fulfills none of the requirements to be a HS. EMIYA doesn't count, because he got in the cheats way by signing a contract with Alaya.

D) the thing is it wasn't simo's weapon that made him great. and few people could ever reach his skill. He actually did do the near impossible with his gun.
    B) I'm not aware of how unknown he is when i bring him up people seem to know him
    C) his ability to survive is inhuman. (have you survived a carpet bombing)
    A) About him being to young. He may be recent but once you die you go straight to the throne of heroes (if your a hero).
    Last edited by Haseo Nanaya; May 7th, 2014 at 10:31 PM.

It's in the character material, we have links on the wiki, though I won't deny I'm having trouble finding it, which is especially irritating because my imagination isn't that good, and I know I bloody saw it.

But still, surely someone who is a war hero like Simo would qualify with time? The fact of it is, he had the same training as countless others, during the wars, thousands of individuals performed the same job as him with the same equipment, so those who achieved recognition beyond this must possess something that cannot be immitated through training? And while I understand the limitations in conjunction to modern firearms, things like early 20th century firearms are a different matter.

Not to mention, Nobunaga Oda is a heroic servant who uses firearms.
    Cursory glance at character material shows nothing.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One forumghost's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Haseo Nanaya View Post
    the thing is it wasn't simo's weapon that made him great. and few people could ever reach his skill. He actually did do the near impossible with his gun. and his ability to survive is inhuman. (have you survived a carpet bombing) About him being to young. He may be recent but once you die you go straight to the throne of heroes (if your a hero).
    "Near Impossible" isn't good enough. Other people have survived carpet bombings. Other people have survived being shot in the face. Which automatically means that it's not enough to enter the Throne of Heroes.

Simo was a badass who did some impressive stuff, yes. But it's on the level of "Whoa, that dude is awesome". To be a HS it needs to be "HOLY SHIT! That person is someone that can only come into existence once in all of time!"

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    D) the thing is it wasn't simo's weapon that made him great. and few people could ever reach his skill. He actually did do the near impossible with his gun.
    B) I'm not aware of how unknown he is when i bring him up people seem to know him
    A) About him being to young. He may be recent but once you die you go straight to the throne of heroes (if your a hero).
    There's a quote somewhere saying how modern weapons are too easy to use, requiring almost no skill, so anyone who uses one wouldn't qualify, although their gun might. I forget where the quote is, but I remember the discussion devolved into Heroic Spirit AK47.

There's also one saying how humanity has become too diluted with our large numbers, so human spirits are too weak to become heroes, hence why EMIYA has to game the system.
    Last edited by Mattias; May 7th, 2014 at 10:40 PM.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ratstsrub View Post
    Cursory glance at character material shows nothing.
    I swear to mighty Odin I shall find this frickin' reference now!!!!

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    "Near Impossible" isn't good enough. Other people have survived carpet bombings. Other people have survived being shot in the face. Which automatically means that it's not enough to enter the Throne of Heroes.

Simo was a badass who did some impressive stuff, yes. But it's on the level of "Whoa, that dude is awesome". To be a HS it needs to be "HOLY SHIT! That person is someone that can only come into existence once in all of time!"
    What I ment was plural near impossible things. he defied death an insane amount of times. And in case any one is forgetting, SHAKESPEARE is a hero. about the once in all of time. a lot of the heroes are based off each other. Gil's NP proves this. this is my last statement on this (I feel to nerdy argueing over simo it's makeing me feel bad chuckle)

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries

Anyone can be a Heroic Spirit; they just have to make a pact. However unless they are famous they will end up Counter Guardians.
    However, even if you make a pact, and end up famous enough, you can bypass the Counter Guardian-ship.
    So Nasu isn't saying people in the current era can't be heroic spirit, he says explicitly that

Although modern weapons are powerful, it is difficult for the users of modern weapons to be classified as Heroic Spirits. The advantage of modern weapons is "anyone can use them as long as they were trained", thus it is difficult for the user to become a Heroic Spirit, whose definition is "the one and only".
    Modern people who use modern weapons cannot be Heroic Spirits.
    Also like someone said since world saving is easy these days, no one cares.
    So combine those two, and that's why it's insanely hard for a person in the current era to become a Heroic Spirit WITH THEIR OWN POWER.
    Anyone with the know how can make the pact.

What I ment was plural near impossible things. he defied death an insane amount of times. And in case any one is forgetting, SHAKESPEARE is a hero. about the once in all of time. a lot of the heroes are based off each other. Gil's NP proves this. this is my last statement on this (I feel to nerdy argueing over simo it's makeing me feel bad chuckle)
    Well, for Shakespeare:
    1. It's fanfiction
    2. Nasu would probably come up with something about his unique writing and how it changed the world forever.

Gil's NP proves that NP are based on one another.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    @You
    what if Simo was so good and defended his home because he made a pact. so he might be counter guardian. lol

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
    There's a quote somewhere saying how modern weapons are too easy to use, requiring almost no skill, so anyone who uses one wouldn't qualify, although their gun might. I forget where the quote is, but I remember the discussion devolved into Heroic Spirit AK47.

There's also one saying how humanity has become too diluted with our large numbers, so human spirits are too weak to become heroes, hence why EMIYA has to game the system.
    Here ya go

Comptiq special issue - Fate Dojo special edition:
    Q: If there are Heroic Spirits like Archer, who was summoned independent of time axis, is it possible for warriors from the future, who are loaded with modern weapons, to be summoned as Servants? English | Japanese Q: If there are Heroic Spirits like Archer, who was summoned independent of time axis, is it possible for warriors from the future, who are loaded with modern weapons, to be summoned as Servants?

A: Although modern weapons are powerful, it is difficult for the users of modern weapons to be classified as Heroic Spirits. The advantage of modern weapons is "anyone can use them as long as they were trained", thus it is difficult for the user to become a Heroic Spirit, whose definition is "the one and only". The users of modern weapons are faceless heroes. If there are indeed heroes who are loaded with modern weapons, the users will not become Heroic Spirits, as they are merely "experts anyone can achieve through sufficient training". The actual Heroic Spirits being worshiped will be the "greatest weapon of that era". However, for the weapon to become a Heroic Spirit in this case, it must harbour a soul.

But what qualifies as a 'Modern' weapon is where I stumble. Cause if you look at the advancement of technology, we certainly have more accurate and less skill requiring weapons than compared to the turn of the last century.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Here ya go
    . The actual Heroic Spirits being worshiped will be the "greatest weapon of that era". However, for the weapon to become a Heroic Spirit in this case, it must harbour a soul.
    Nananko as Archer. FTW

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    A) It's not about the age of the person in question, but how long ago they did their deeds. Simo Hayha did all of his accomplishments too late for them to be incomprehensible enough to reach hero-tier.
    B) To be known enough to be a Heroic Spirit, your deeds have to be known by a major portion of humanity for hundreds if not thousands of years. Even the most historically recent Servants, Frankenstein and Jack the Ripper, were from the 1800s, 200 years ago.
    C) Simo's an excellent sniper who survived a lot of things. But there are other excellent snipers who have survived a lot of things. To be impressive enough to be a Heroic Spirit, you need to do the literally impossible - things like collapsing castles with a single swing of a sword, or completing 12 trials from the gods themselves, or warping the laws of causality and physics to unerringly stab people in the heart.
    D) Guns and other modern machinery overshadow the person who uses them, so on the off chance that somehow someone did impressive enough deeds to be considered Heroic, the weapons would get the credit. Nasu said himself that modern weaponry and techniques nullify a person's chances to be a Heroic Spirit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Banned
    Blog Entries
    If you think the weapon gets the cred instead of simo. go look up his gun. he is described as the best sniper with the worst gun. he probally could have down better with a bow.

Gahhh I went back to Simo. sigh
    Last edited by Haseo Nanaya; May 7th, 2014 at 10:55 PM.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One forumghost's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    If you think the weapon gets the cred instead of simo. go look up his gun. he is described as the best sniper with the worst gun. he probally could have down better with a bow.

Gahhh I went back to Simo. sigh
    That just means that his particular gun was the most speshulestest of that particular model of gun.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    @You
    what if Simo was so good and defended his home because he made a pact. so he might be counter guardian. lol
    That's fine.
    Anyone can be wanked to be a counter guardian.
    I'm making a sheet about Counter Guardian You's Mother as we speak.

@You
    Then no NP.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuradora View Post
    Then no NP.
    He's Simo He don't need one.
    But why don't Counter Guardians get NP. give source.