Page 1 of 7 1236 ... LastLast

Thread: Heroic Spirit Speculation

Banned
    Blog Entries

Heroic Spirit Speculation

I originally started this over on the wiki but thought it would be more efficient to move over here.

New blog collaboration on who might be saved in the akasha as heroic spirits. And which ones of those would make strong servants or at least interesting ones. organized by culture and ranked by possibility of being a heroic spirit and viability as a servant (EX: the first pope might be a HS but probably not a good servant choice)
    NOTICE: this is not to pitch type-moon ideas. this is a speculation list based on pre established rules. there are controversial people, doesn't make them less legendary or famous.

Think of this list as a tool. Say if some one wants to write a story with new servants, they can use this list as reference. Pre-made servants with some set up. So include people that might be heroic spirits.

Anglo-Saxon
    Beowulf. Very Likely. Amazing Saber, Great Berserker.

Finnish
    Simo Haya
    "the white death". Unknown Probability. Great Archer. Noble Phantasm: Payback. Can survive/Ignore 1 fatal wound till he kills the inflicter. high chance to recover from fatal wounds. (Think one time per combat rechargeable God Hand). Battle Continuation A+

Roman
    Judas. likely. Assassin. Lancer.

Eastern
    Sun Tzu. Unknown chance. Saber, very tactical.
    Ghengis Khan. Very Likely. Great Berserker. Good Saber.
    Abe No Seimei. Highly Likely. Amazing/Great Caster. since it's ancient shinto Magecraft on the level of true magic. Saber wouldn't be immune or as resistant to it.

Norse
    Sigurd. Saber. werewolf.

Greek
    Odyseus. Archer

General European
    Johan Faust. likely. Good Caster

Egyption/Canaan
    Ramesses II. The Greatest Pharoh. Likely. Rider. Archer.

other
    King Sollomon. Very Likely. Amazing Caster. Noble Phantasm: 72 Demon Summon.
    Jacob (Israel). He who wrestled God. Highly Likely. Amazing Saber.

- - - Updated - - -

From Hawkeye

Here's one for Tomoe Gozen, from the Genpei War of Japan.
    Name: Tomoe Gozen

Class: Lancer[/B]

Stat Parameters:
    STR : B // END : C+ // MAG: D // AGI : B // LUK : D // NP: A
    History: A warrior woman of the Genji Clan of Japan, Tomoe was well regarded as a warrior. After the death of her husband, she gave up the sword and fell into obscurity as a nun. During this time, she told stories to the other sisters of the war, each recording fragments that would one day be collected into the Heike Monogatari, the epic poem penned by many authors across the era, detailing the events of the Genpei War and the great deeds performed therein.
    Noble Phantasm:[/B][/B][/B]
    Heike Monogatari
    Type: Anti Unit
    A ancient book bound with thick red rope around Lancer's waist. When activated, the rope is removed and the pages scatter. Laying themselves over her Naginata, they transform it into a giant Zanbatou, emblazoned with the crest of the Minamoto clan on one side, and the Taira on the other. Embodying the spirit of the tale, the Buddhist law of Impermanence (Mujo) and the fleeting nature of all things, physical structures hit with this blade will instantly cease to exist, scattering into gentian flowers, whilst ethereal structures, like barriers, spells or conceptual constructs become clouds of butterflies. A weapon nearly impossible to defend against, single use defenses or evading Lancer are the best options.

Personal Skills:
    Disengage
    Based on when Tomoe was ordered to flee combat by her husband, and claimed an enemy's head whilst doing so, should Tomoe attempt to flee combat and be attacked, she can pre-emptively counter with a killing blow to the enemy target.

Riding
    Capable of riding most vehicles, but Phantasmal creatures are a no go. Based on Tomoe's ability in life to ride unbroken horses into battle.

From Azurelorochi

Here's a better profile for SimoClass : Archer / Assassin
    Stat Parameters:
    STR : C // END : D // MAG: E // AGI : B // LUK : A // NP: B
    Noble Phantasms[/COLOR]
    白霜の幕〔スノウリーパーズクローク〕
    Snow Reaper's Cloak, the Curtain of White Frost
    A large fog area of 1 x 1 km. The temperature within the area can plummet to under -51.5 °C(lowest temperature ever recorded in Finland). Within this area of the fog, Simo's body will become one with the fog, making him intangible to physical attacks while being able to "teleport" throughout the area, allowing him to freely choose his location for shooting out the enemy without fears of ever getting hit back.
    Simo's bullet shot within this fog will also have enhanced power, speed and an additional freezing ability which can cause rapid frostbite on the target who doesn't die right away after being shot.
    The only ways to defeat Simo in this fog is to somehow cause the fog to disperse, which will leave Simo's physical body behind and disabling him from using Snow Reaper's Cloak again for 3 hours, another way is to completely attack the entire 1 x 1 km area of the fog which will directly attack Simo, possibly killing him in 1 hit.
    For the sake of concealment, people standing outside Snow Reaper's Cloak will not be able to see the fog at all unless they have a considerably high detecting ability, making Snow Reaper's Cloak able to function as an invisibility cloak as well.
    影を凍る吹雪〔ホワイトデッヅブリザード〕
    White Death's Blizzard, the Snowstorm that Freezes Shadows
    The ability to shoot all 755 ice bullets from all directions at once, creating a sphere of ice bullets that simultaneously rushes at the target at once from all direction, making it nigh impossible to guard against. This is the ability manifestation of Simo's 755 recorded kills during the Winter War in the span of 100 days, the highest kill count by any snipers ever.
    It flips the ideal of sniper "one-shot-one-kill" around to make a ridiculous "755-shots-one-overkill" concept especially for killing a hero, a being who is in him/herself an equivalent to an army of 755 people.
    As this NP defies the sniper idealism, while it consumes very little mana in comparison to its damage potentials(Simo himself has very little mana to begin with), it is intended to be used as a last resort attack only, forcing Simo to use it only when fighting with sniper strategy is no longer available, as such, once White Death's Blizzard is shot if Snow Reaper's Cloak is still active, Snow Reaper's Cloak will instantly disperses itself, disabling Simo from setting up Snow Reaper's Cloak for the next 3 hours.
    Last edited by Haseo Nanaya; May 7th, 2014 at 11:08 PM.

Gläubig müssen die nicht sein, daran glauben müssen sie I3uster's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    we dont take kindly to no wiki folk
    [04:55] Lianru: i3uster is actuallly quite cute

Bad fanfic writers don't need no list to wank together a Simo Huehue profile.

Also: http://forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthread...eate-a-Servant

Banned
    Blog Entries
    oh ok sorry. then can some one delete this then so my blunder and embarresment isn't archived in the internet forever.
    Last edited by Haseo Nanaya; May 7th, 2014 at 05:53 PM.

Gläubig müssen die nicht sein, daran glauben müssen sie I3uster's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I was joking. I am honestly just confused what this is supposed to be.
    [04:55] Lianru: i3uster is actuallly quite cute

Banned
    Blog Entries
    speculation on who is in the throne of heroes and how they would be like as servants, useful as a fanfiction tool as well

Quote Originally Posted by Haseo Nanaya View Post
    speculation on who is in the throne of heroes and how they would be like as servants, useful as a fanfiction tool as well
    It would be easier to read it you made it all one color and had uniform line-breaks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vigilantia View Post
    Time to go to the holodeck! *Rams head up Sakura's vagina*

Blog Entries
    You should have hidden Simo Haya down at the bottom so people wouldn't roll their eyes and stop reading at the second line.

Mate, that's noice as fuck! Vagrant's Avatar
    Wherever my body is, my heart is still in Straya, cunt
    Blog Entries
    Oh lord, really.

Look at all these Berserkers who never actually went mad in their lives! But we're definitely trying to base these choices on pre-existing rules.

Joshua didn't even wrestle God, to my knowledge. That was Jacob. Unless this incident is super obscure.
    Last edited by Vagrant; May 7th, 2014 at 08:19 PM.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Vagrant View Post

Joshua didn't even wrestle God, to my knowledge. That was Jacob. Unless this incident is super obscure.

ohh woops got the two confused thanx

Banned
    Blog Entries
    >Beowulf
    >Celtic

He was Germanic.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Arch-Magos Winter View Post
    >Beowulf
    >Celtic

He was Germanic.

It's Anglo-Saxon

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Hawkeye's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    @McJon: I'm guessing the hate on ol' Simo is the fact that he's way too young to be a heroic spirit. Though honestly as speculations of just who would be within the Throne of Heroes, I reckon people like him and Eric Hartman of the Luftwaffe any other heroes of the great wars would likely be there, if not for being inelligible to be summoned. After all, a hero from the Future was summoned, so timing isn't everything.

@Vagrant: I wouldn't know jack about most of the Berserkers, but I've always figured people who were thought to be Mad or Insane would qualify, even if they strictly speaking didn't fly into a rage.

@Winter: Finally, you are mistaken Sir. He's not celtic, but the epic poem he originates from is Old English and the character himself is Scandinavian.

(EDIT: Decided to change the reference to be broader. Hartman was just the first name that sprung to mind cause my friend is a huge Strike Witches fan, but I wouldn't want to be accused of Neo-Axisism or something, eh Haseo?)
    Last edited by Hawkeye; May 7th, 2014 at 09:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    I'm guessing the hate on ol' Simo is the fact that he's way too young to be a heroic spirit. Though honestly as speculations of just who would be within the Throne of Heroes, I reckon people like him and Eric Hartman of the Luftwaffe would likely be there, if not for being inelligible to be summoned. After all, a hero from the Future was summoned, so timing isn't everything.
    The thing with heroes from the future/past the cutoff date is that they need a contract with Alaya to become heroes, and thus don't have NPs. Another thing is that the thing that he's famous for is something that another person could have done, whereas Heroic Spirits do things that only they can do.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One forumghost's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    @McJon: I'm guessing the hate on ol' Simo is the fact that he's way too young to be a heroic spirit. Though honestly as speculations of just who would be within the Throne of Heroes, I reckon people like him and Eric Hartman of the Luftwaffe would likely be there, if not for being inelligible to be summoned. After all, a hero from the Future was summoned, so timing isn't everything.
    Simo is

A) Too recent to be a HS
    B) Too unknown to be a HS
    C) Too unimpressive to be a HS
    D) Uses modern weapons, so (via WoG) will receive no fame for his feats anyway

Basically, he fulfills none of the requirements to be a HS. EMIYA doesn't count, because he got in the cheats way by signing a contract with Alaya.
    Last edited by forumghost; May 7th, 2014 at 09:46 PM.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Hawkeye's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuradora View Post
    The thing with heroes from the future/past the cutoff date is that they need a contract with Alaya to become heroes, and thus don't have NPs. Another thing is that the thing that he's famous for is something that another person could have done, whereas Heroic Spirits do things that only they can do.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    Simo is

A) Too recent to be a HS
    B) Too unknown to be a HS
    C) Too unimpressive to be a HS

Basically, he fulfills none of the requirements to be a HS. EMIYA doesn't count, because he got in the cheats way by signing a contract with Alaya.
    But correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the Throne contain every hero there ever was or ever will be? I know Emiya's summoning is a contradiction brought about by his bargain, but a hundred plus years down the line, him and Bazett are both likely to become heroes of the modern age as stated in the character materials.

As for Simo being too obscure, too unimpressive and all, I don't know about you, but not many guys take a bullet to the face and then shoot the guy who sent it. Yeah, he doesn't possess a phantasm worthy item or the like, but feats of arms can also qualify and the like can also qualify.

But correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the Throne contain every hero there ever was or ever will be? I know Emiya's summoning is a contradiction brought about by his bargain, but a hundred plus years down the line, him and Bazett are both likely to become heroes of the modern age as stated in the character materials.

As for Simo being too obscure, too unimpressive and all, I don't know about you, but not many guys take a bullet to the face and then shoot the guy who sent it. Yeah, he doesn't possess a phantasm worthy item or the like, but feats of arms can also qualify and the like can also qualify.
    EMIYA's summoning is fine, since HSs exist outside the time-axis. Becoming a modern day HS requires the contract though, because modern humanity simply sucks to much to become heroes on their own.

Simo being able to shoot bullets and make them change paths and targets while in the air would be a heroic feat. Taking a bullet to the face and shooting back is awesome, but not on the level of super-human heroics.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One forumghost's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    You don't understand. To be a HS, you need to be worshiped and recognized as 'the one and only' by the population at large- which, in the modern age = most of the planet. How many people do you think you could go up to on the street, and have them recite the legend of Simo?

As for the feats... According to Nasu, in the modern age everyone who recycles is 'Saving the World'. So surviving getting shot... is really not impressive anymore.

You're comparing him to people like Saber, who won 12 battles that were literally impossible to win, or Cu Cuchulain, who fought an entire army off on his own for a year, or people like Herakles, that can hold up the sky.
    Last edited by forumghost; May 7th, 2014 at 09:57 PM.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Haseo Nanaya View Post
    It's Anglo-Saxon
    Nice edit after I pointed it out. And the Saxons were a germanic tribe you know.

@McJon: I'm guessing the hate on ol' Simo is the fact that he's way too young to be a heroic spirit. Though honestly as speculations of just who would be within the Throne of Heroes, I reckon people like him and Eric Hartman of the Luftwaffe any other heroes of the great wars would likely be there, if not for being inelligible to be summoned. After all, a hero from the Future was summoned, so timing isn't everything.

@Vagrant: I wouldn't know jack about most of the Berserkers, but I've always figured people who were thought to be Mad or Insane would qualify, even if they strictly speaking didn't fly into a rage.

@Winter: Finally, you are mistaken Sir. He's not celtic, but the epic poem he originates from is Old English and the character himself is Scandinavian.

(EDIT: Decided to change the reference to be broader. Hartman was just the first name that sprung to mind cause my friend is a huge Strike Witches fan, but I wouldn't want to be accused of Neo-Axisism or something, eh Haseo?)
    True, he's Danish I think. But he's still a rather germanic hero even with those facts considered.

Take a step back, yo MissingMandible's Avatar
    Couldn't Genghis Khan also be a rider?